Las Vegas: Going for the Jackpot in 'Lost Wages' - Tommy hits the desert... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Las Vegas: Going for the Jackpot in 'Lost Wages' - Tommy hits the desert...

Fee
02-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Heh, Lost Wages is a nickname for Las Vegas (since so many people go there to gamble and lose thier money!).

Tommy might decide to pull out of this tournament, but I think he should play. He has a pretty decent draw, so he could do well here. Go Tommy!

yumo
02-27-2006, 12:04 AM
I think he should withdraw. :)
He must maintain the good physical ability in front of Indian Wells. :cool:

02-27-2006, 05:05 AM
Heh, Lost Wages is a nickname for Las Vegas (since so many people go there to gamble and lose thier money!).

Tommy might decide to pull out of this tournament, but I think he should play. He has a pretty decent draw, so he could do well here. Go Tommy!
Fee whether Tommy plays or not I love the thread title you came up with :) And I saw a delayed broadcast of the Memphis Finals and Tommy is really playing some great tennis now. So what does he do-- take a rest or keep playing while he is on a roll? Who knows? It's up to Tommy, but man he looked good :worship:

<Eve>
02-27-2006, 08:57 AM
Fee whether Tommy plays or not I love the thread title you came up with :) And I saw a delayed broadcast of the Memphis Finals and Tommy is really playing some great tennis now. So what does he do-- take a rest or keep playing while he is on a roll? Who knows? It's up to Tommy, but man he looked good :worship:
I've heard that you can't withdraw if you're still in a tounament.
And the withdrawal deadline was yesterday at noon..
So I think he will play!
After this he's got almost a week off to play IW right!? It's not too hard,
cuz Tommy is playing sooo amazing!!
I think he wants to win his 3rd tournament!! :rolleyes:

Alexiana
02-27-2006, 11:12 AM
when is he supposed to play?

yumo
02-27-2006, 12:33 PM
http://www.tennischannelopen.com/images/tco-logo-short.jpg

HEWITT, Lleyton AUS (1) vs MAYER, Florian GER
Q vs HERNYCH, Jan CZE
SODERLING, Robin SWE vs BENNETEAU, Julien FRA (SE)
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER vs VERDASCO, Fernando ESP (8)

GINEPRI, Robby USA (4) vs GOLDSTEIN, Paul USA
Q vs SPADEA, Vincent USA
MIRNYI, Max BLR vs MALISSE, Xavier BEL
TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS vs HAAS, Tommy GER (7)

MONFILS, Gael FRA (8) vs BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE
SANGUINETTI, Davide ITA vs KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
FISH, Mardy USA (WC) vs Q
MURRAY, Andy GBR vs ROBREDO, Tommy ESP (3)

BLAKE, James USA (6) vs SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA
BRYAN, Bob USA (WC) vs QUERREY, Sam USA (WC)
ZIB, Tomas CZE vs CARLSEN, Kenneth DEN
Q vs KIEFER, Nicolas GER (2)

yumo
02-27-2006, 12:37 PM
website http://www.tennischannelopen.com/

livescores http://lss.atptennis.com/2006/0433/frameset.asp

yumo
02-27-2006, 12:41 PM
ROUND PTS PRIZEMONEY
W     35   $52000
F     24   $30600
SF    15   $18000
QF     8   $10600
R16    3   $6225
R32    1   $3650

02-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Well I went to the ATP site and clicked on to The Tennis Channel Open and got the Order of Play for today and Tommy isn't listed so I know he isn't playing today for sure. I was told in another Forum that while you aren't supposed to withdraw from one Tournament while you are playing in another that it has recently been done by a couple of players. But I haven't heard anything about Tommy withdrawing.

Fee
02-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Since Tommy won a final on Sunday, he does not have to play his first round match until Tuesday. He can ask for a Wednesday match, if the tournament is able to accomodate that, but it means that he would play 5 days straight to win the title.

02-27-2006, 05:23 PM
I had already started a thread for this tournament. It wasn't necessary to start a second one.
It's alright Fee. I think the threads are going to be blended together. I guess I'm not the only one that gets mixed up in these threads and their titles so it kind of makes me feel better :)

02-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Since Tommy won a final on Sunday, he does not have to play his first round match until Tuesday. He can ask for a Wednesday match, if the tournament is able to accomodate that, but it means that he would play 5 days straight to win the title.
I know I wouldn't want to do that! But let me tell you Tommy looked in good enough shape to play 15 days straight without a problem :) I think these two threads we got started on the LV Tournament are going to be blended together at least I hope they are.

Neely
02-27-2006, 07:18 PM
no problem, it's good to see that there is so much activity that duplicate threads do happen ;) I merged the two threads and added Las Vegas in the title so that it is clear for everybody who is on first glance not familiar with that Las Vegas is in the desert or called 'lost wages'.

Jogy
02-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Yes critical it could be
maybe Fee is true and Tommy could not play and wants to concentrate for Masters Tournament coming

I hope he makes a few matches, he has win already 2 titles this season, so not bad

he must also gain masters points to fill up ranking :)
but if he plays in las Vegas I hope he is fine and good :yeah:

Tommy :banana: :cool:

<Eve>
02-27-2006, 08:07 PM
thanks neely!!
and mae, i'm confused too! i never know where i've posted some messages :p

<Eve>
02-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Most of the people think Tommy will win Vegas!!!
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=70914

02-27-2006, 10:33 PM
Most of the people think Tommy will win Vegas!!!
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=70914
I would love to see it :) And that Match I saw he was playing great tennis ;) So we will just have to hope for another Title :angel:

02-27-2006, 10:41 PM
thanks neely!!
and mae, i'm confused too! i never know where i've posted some messages :p
Yes Neely thanks :) I know if I get things mixed up and English is my own language how much harder it is for people that English is not their 1st language. I don't understand how all of you do so well in English with it not being your 1st language. I don't do well in English and it is my only language--LOL :p And Neely you are right it is great to see the activity in this Forum ;)

<Eve>
02-27-2006, 11:23 PM
I eh.. kinda stole this from the general messages, but this is the oop for tomorrow :p :

Center Court
Matches Start At: 10:00 AM

Bob BRYAN (USA) vs Sam QUERREY (USA)
NOT BEFORE 11:00 AM
Sargis SARGSIAN (ARM) vs Nicolas KIEFER (GER)
followed by
Mardy FISH (USA) vs Prakash AMRITRAJ (IND)
NOT BEFORE 3:00 PM
Andy MURRAY (GBR) vs Tommy ROBREDO (ESP)
NOT BEFORE 6:00 PM
James BLAKE (USA) vs Paradorn SRICHAPHAN (THA) followed by
Mardy FISH (USA)/Robby GINEPRI (USA) vs Jonas BJORKMAN (SWE)/Max MIRNYI (BLR) Court 10
Matches Start At: 11:00 AM

Dmitry TURSUNOV (RUS) vs Peter LUCZAK (AUS)
followed by
Paul CAPDEVILLE (CHI) vs Vincent SPADEA (USA)
followed by
Xavier MALISSE (BEL)/Kristof VLIEGEN (BEL) vs Chris HAGGARD (RSA)/Jim THOMAS (USA)
followed by
Jordan KERR (AUS)/Travis PARROTT (USA) vs Julien BENNETEAU (FRA)Gael MONFILS (FRA)

Court 11
Matches Start At: 11:00 AM

Robin SODERLING (SWE) vs Julien BENNETEAU (FRA)
followed by
Davide SANGUINETTI (ITA) vs Ivo KARLOVIC (CRO)
followed by
Kristian PLESS (DEN) vs Jan HERNYCH (CZE)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Still no Tommy!! So I guess he decided to play on wednesday...! :eek:

<Eve>
02-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Yes Neely thanks :) I know if I get things mixed up and English is my own language how much harder it is for people that English is not their 1st language. I don't understand how all of you do so well in English with it not being your 1st language. I don't do well in English and it is my only language--LOL :p And Neely you are right it is great to see the activity in this Forum ;)
I started learning english when i was 11 (now I'm 22), and now most of my study material is in english!! Plus, a forum like this, forces you to speak english! I don't mind it, I really like talking english! (and remember the picture of the english guy i sent you, he forced me to talk english too;) )
My first language is Dutch, it has a lot of common things with english.. english is soooo much easier than french or spanish! :rolleyes:

02-27-2006, 11:44 PM
I tried French for two years and got no where with it :sad: But wait I think maybe Tommy did withdraw from this Tournament because he was supposed to play Dmitry again. And your schedule shows someone else playing Dmitry :confused: I will have to check this out.

amarone
02-28-2006, 12:00 AM
Yes, it seems Tommy has pulled out. He was supposed to play against Tursunov, but now Luczack (a lucky loser) is scheduled to play him.

02-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Strange :eek: The sheet on the ATP site that shows results still shows Tommy playing Dmity, but the Order of Play from the Tennis Site shows Dmity playing someone else :confused: Maybe Tommy did ask for that extra day off that I believe Fee mentioned that he could do? But I don't find any mention of him doing that?

Neely
02-28-2006, 12:25 AM
Mae, Tommy definitely pulled out if somebody else is now playing Tursunov. I can't think of any other explanation for that after the tournament already started.

Not a really bad thing (he shouldn't be injured), he did well last week and getting results in the TMS and focusing on that is also important.

02-28-2006, 12:43 AM
Mae, Tommy definitely pulled out if somebody else is now playing Tursunov. I can't think of any other explanation for that after the tournament already started.

Not a really bad thing (he shouldn't be injured), he did well last week and getting results in the TMS and focusing on that is also important.
But I can't find any news stories on Tommy pulling out of the Tournament in fact all of the stories I have found said he was going to play in LV. So if he pulled out, the news hasn't gotten around yet :confused:

<Eve>
02-28-2006, 12:44 AM
:bigcry:
i even changed my signature for this match :sad: ;)
i know he can't play too much or get an injury, but his next match will start in 2 weeks!!! That's sooo long!

I can't imagine why he withdrew! I will try to find some more information... eventhough i wanted to go to bed (almost 3am here)
i have to find out what's going on!! :eek::eek:

Neely
02-28-2006, 12:45 AM
But I can't find any news stories on Tommy pulling out of the Tournament in fact all of the stories I have found said he was going to play in LV. So if he pulled out, the news hasn't gotten around yet :confused:
But the news arrived in the new schedule of play for Tuesday, and that's what I rate more important and reliable than news stories at the moment. I'm sure when the day ends in Las Vegas and summaries about the results are given, they mention his withdrawal there.

<Eve>
02-28-2006, 12:51 AM
BAD NEWS --->

<Eve>
02-28-2006, 12:53 AM
:shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout:
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

I think, if I understand this well, TOMMY HAS HIS SHOULDER PROBLEM AGAIN! f*ck it!
http://www.tennischannelopen.com/main_draw_singles_q.pdf

Neely
02-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Hm, doesn't sound too good, but until we know further, remember also that he has to state something for withdrawing and this doesn't mean necessarily it's something serious. Maybe only a tired shoulder or, most likely, it's only some reason given and he is withdrawing because he doesn't want to 'overplay' early in the season which would be a clever move IMO and which would fit exactly Hogstedt's philosophy (he did the same with Kiefer as well).

<Eve>
02-28-2006, 01:03 AM
:scared: :bigcry: :scratch: :awww: :confused: :crying2: :sobbing: :tears:

you really think so?? i really hope you're right about this!! :help:

<Eve>
02-28-2006, 01:11 AM
:o ok.. let's hope he's just preparing for his next tournament.. the big one..

Neely
02-28-2006, 01:17 AM
I hope so too! (and I'm confident he is fine again and that, in worst case, his shoulder just needs some rest)

(damn, I really need to go to bed now... too late already :lol: cu :wavey: )

<Eve>
02-28-2006, 01:17 AM
yeah same time here i guess :lol:
good night! :wavey:

02-28-2006, 01:23 AM
yeah same time here i guess :lol:
good night! :wavey:
Goodnight to you both :angel: I just wish the word hadn't been "shoulder" now that Tommy has been playing so well again :eek:

<Eve>
02-28-2006, 01:25 AM
agree.... :sad:

good night to you too! in a couple of hours ;)
:bigwave:

Billabong
02-28-2006, 03:10 AM
Please get well soon Tommy:hug:!!!

Fee
02-28-2006, 03:22 AM
I would bet that Tommy's fine and the shoulder is just a fall back excuse. He should be good for Indian Wells, and he won't have to play a match again until Friday, March 10th, so he has plenty of time to rest.

02-28-2006, 07:25 AM
I would bet that Tommy's fine and the shoulder is just a fall back excuse. He should be good for Indian Wells, and he won't have to play a match again until Friday, March 10th, so he has plenty of time to rest.
I hope so Fee, but I wish I could tell Tommy if he needed a fall back excuse to pick something other than his right shoulder. It just doesn't give me a good feeling to see in print "right shoulder injury"!

Alexiana
02-28-2006, 11:43 AM
the german newspapers say that he will get treatment in his house in Florida. I really really hope its just an excuse to withdraw. Like Mae says, the word shoulder freaks me out a bit..... :confused:

Neely
02-28-2006, 11:53 AM
They say his shoulder is pinching. I've found no quote of him so far. If you find something then post it here, but I hope he can play for the Masters again.

Jogy
02-28-2006, 03:56 PM
I hope it is not bad injury of his shoulder, but maybe he did not want to play at all prices
I read a headline that said something like "Tommy Haas: a win in memphis and then a party in las Vegas"

I hope he is good and back strong for Masters! :yeah: :banana:

02-28-2006, 04:04 PM
They say his shoulder is pinching. I've found no quote of him so far. If you find something then post it here, but I hope he can play for the Masters again.
I just feel very bad about the whole thing. He looked so good and was playing great tennis. And now I'm afraid his shoulder is hurt yet again and no telling what that might lead to? I wonder when the shoulder started to bother him because I saw a delayed broadcast of the Memphis Final and he appeared to be fine and all the stories just after the Memphis Final said he was going to play in LV.
I wonder if the shoulder started to bother him the day after the Match? I'm just depressed for Tommy :sad: It just doesn't seem fair :sad: But then life isn't always fair.

Fee
02-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Tommy was actually in Las Vegas and had a practice session there apparently. Looks like this shoulder 'annoyance' is real. I don't want to call it an injury, I think it may just be a soreness. Good decision for him to take this extra time to go home and take care of it. I hated to see him lose his first match at IW last year and I hope this gives him a chance to play as well there as he did in 2004.

<Eve>
02-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Tommy was actually in Las Vegas and had a practice session there apparently. Looks like this shoulder 'annoyance' is real. I don't want to call it an injury, I think it may just be a soreness. Good decision for him to take this extra time to go home and take care of it. I hated to see him lose his first match at IW last year and I hope this gives him a chance to play as well there as he did in 2004.
OMG... i really hope it's just a soreness!! and that he will win IW!!
or at least, reach 2nd round :p ;)

Alexiana
02-28-2006, 09:11 PM

yes let's hope that

martina hingisova
02-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Get well soon Tommy!!

didohaasetta
03-01-2006, 11:14 AM
:crying2: Oh we hope resumes in order and lathes in shape well for IW...Come on Tommy!!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-01-2006, 01:16 PM
I help it's just an excuse,anyway get well soon Tommy! :hug:

03-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks Fee I knew Tommy had to be in LV because all those news stories said he was going there right after the Memphis Final. I would guess the shoulder started to bother him while in Vegas because as I said he appeared to be fine after the Memphis Final. I still can't find out anything about the injury. All the news now just talks about Tommy withdrawing and who is winning in LV.

<Eve>
03-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Thanks Fee I knew Tommy had to be in LV because all those news stories said he was going there right after the Memphis Final. I would guess the shoulder started to bother him while in Vegas because as I said he appeared to be fine after the Memphis Final. I still can't find out anything about the injury. All the news now just talks about Tommy withdrawing and who is winning in LV.
I can't find anything also..! And there's also nothing on his official website!! I think that's strange...
So in that case, i think it was 'just an excuse' to rest and prepare for IW... at least, i hope so!! :cool:

03-01-2006, 06:06 PM
I can't find anything also..! And there's also nothing on his official website!! I think that's strange...
So in that case, i think it was 'just an excuse' to rest and prepare for IW... at least, i hope so!! :cool:
As I mentioned in a post to Fee I wish if Tommy was going to come up with "an excuse" he wouldn't use his right shoulder! But I don't think it was "an excuse" I think his shoulder was at least sore as Fee said in a post, but I hope that is all there is too it. If that is the case with rest he should be alright for his next Tournament :)

<Eve>
03-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Because of problems with my right shoulder I won´t play in Las Vegas.

After a short visit in Las Vegas I am at home in Bradenton right now. The doctor recommanded me not to play this week. My shoulder needs a short break. After all this problems I had in 2003 I´m very careful. But I should be ready for Indian Wells next week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've got this from his official website
So it seems like he needs rest, is really careful and be back in IW!!! :woohoo:

03-01-2006, 09:51 PM
Because of problems with my right shoulder I won´t play in Las Vegas.

After a short visit in Las Vegas I am at home in Bradenton right now. The doctor recommanded me not to play this week. My shoulder needs a short break. After all this problems I had in 2003 I´m very careful. But I should be ready for Indian Wells next week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've got this from his official website
So it seems like he needs rest, is really careful and be back in IW!!! :woohoo:
Oh thank goodness and I can't blame him at all about being very careful with that shoulder :)

<Eve>
03-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Oh thank goodness and I can't blame him at all about being very careful with that shoulder :)
finally!!!! a reaction!! :lol:
i thought, i have *breaking news* and no one answer me :sad: ;)

Mae, are you also a member of Wta?

Neely
03-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Good to finally know that it doesn't sound serious at all, but we didn't panic anyway

<Eve>
03-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Good to finally know that it doesn't sound serious at all, but we didn't panic anyway
i did :lol:

supertommyhaas
03-02-2006, 01:01 AM
Thats great news! I would have been gutted if he was injured again!I think Tommy can go all the way at Indian Wells! I hope he is on the other side of the draw that Federer is on although in saying that i think he can beat him. I was lucky enough to be at Kooyong when he beat him :) I was also at the Australian Open when he lost in 5 :( great match though!

03-02-2006, 03:11 AM
finally!!!! a reaction!! :lol:
i thought, i have *breaking news* and no one answer me :sad: ;)

Mae, are you also a member of Wta?
I answered as soon as I saw your post--LOL. It does take me awhile to make my rounds this Forum is so big! No I'm not a member of the WTA. I don't like Women's Tennis at all! I don't want to see women in tennis outfits I want to see men in tennis outfits :p

03-02-2006, 03:15 AM
Sorry Neely, but some of us did panic :eek: I was so afraid that Tommy had really injuried that shoulder again that I even had trouble sleeping until we started to find out more information about his condition. So now I feel better ;)

Alexiana
03-02-2006, 10:23 AM
pooh I'm relieved. So he only gives the shoulder some rest like we told him to ;)

03-02-2006, 04:26 PM
pooh I'm relieved. So he only gives the shoulder some rest like we told him to ;)
It does sound much better, but I wonder when he next plays in a Tournament, if the shoulder will bother him again? I sure hope not!