MEMPHIS SF: T. Haas crushes J. Benneteau 6-3, 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

MEMPHIS SF: T. Haas crushes J. Benneteau 6-3, 6-1

jackieglover
02-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Sets up a final against Robin Soderling. Should be a good match :yeah:

NATAS81
02-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Yes it should. Benneteau had his worst serving of the tourney in set #2 and did it ever cost him.

Haas plays well against volleyers which Söderling is.

Als
02-25-2006, 10:19 PM
WOOHOOOOOOO!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

GO TOMMY, YOU'RE THE GREATEST!!!

I ALWAYS BELIEVED IN YOU, NOW GO AND GET BACK INTO THE TOP 5 WHERE YOU DESERVE!!!

jackieglover
02-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Yes it should. Benneteau had his worst serving of the tourney in set #2 and did it ever cost him.

Soderling likes to play from the baseline, IMO. He got killed playing at the net against Murray in SJ and the commentators repeatedly noted how uncomfortable he was at the net.

NATAS81
02-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Soderling likes to play from the baseline, IMO. He got killed playing at the net against Murray in SJ and the commentators repeatedly noted how uncomfortable he was at the net.
That's what I mean. A volleyer - as in playing points after the serve. Robin better not serve nine double faults because Haas is too good to give away points.

I think it should be known in GM that this final is shown on Sun Sports ( I believe that's what you said, correct? )

jackieglover
02-25-2006, 10:25 PM
That's what I mean. A volleyer - as in playing points after the serve. Robin better not serve nine double faults because Haas is too good to give away points.

I think it should be known in GM that this final is shown on Sun Sports ( I believe that's what you said, correct? )

Okay, thought you were meaning along S & V ing. Yeah, according to Yahoo TV listings, it is going to be shown at 7pm EST on Sun Sports, but Yahoo has been wrong many times before. It's not on the schedule on TTC website, so expect it to be on some other channel like FSN, Comcast, or Sun Sports.

TheBoiledEgg
02-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Tommy :D :banana: :)

Soderling likes to play from back court not at net,
he's a lesser version of Tompa.

jackieglover
02-25-2006, 10:28 PM
Well, Yahoo TV has it listed at all times of the day on different channels ranging from 6am PST to 10pm PST :confused: I guess we'll have to wait to see what time the final is set for.

ReturnWinner
soderling a volleyer? :haha: the guy plays the most from the baseline
he has powerful strokes, his game is pretty similar to enqvist game

Neely
Nice one, Tommy... keep on going :drive: :woohoo:

I haven't seen Söderling for a long time playing, but if he gets near his best indoor form, he will be a very tough opponent for Haas. Maybe even too good, but I can't say. I hope Tommy catches a good day for this final.

Horatio Caine
02-25-2006, 10:29 PM
...Roddick take note :tape:

ReturnWinner
02-25-2006, 10:39 PM
I did :retard:
Read the whole thread :retard:

ReturnWinner
02-25-2006, 10:53 PM
are u retarded or what ??? u said clearly robin soderling is a volleyer which is wrong

Robin is a B-A-S-E-L-I-N-E-R that means he plays the most time from the baseline :retarded:
Jesus H. you need Premium Membership just to reply to idiotic posts like this.

In my other post I said points after the serve, that would include baseline rallies so apparently you can't read. :retard:

Andre♥
02-25-2006, 11:02 PM
This only make Roddick look even worse.

If that's possible... :rolleyes:

jackieglover
02-25-2006, 11:03 PM

This was the kind of scoreline I expected from Roddick.

NYCtennisfan
02-25-2006, 11:04 PM

Soderling is not a "volleyer".

In my other post I said points after the serve, that would include baseline rallies so apparently you can't read.

He usually plays the "points after the serve" from the baseline.

Jennay
02-25-2006, 11:33 PM

Pretty much. :p

Good luck in the final, Tommy :bounce:

NATAS81
02-26-2006, 12:37 AM
are u retarded or what ??? u said clearly robin soderling is a volleyer which is wrong

Robin is a B-A-S-E-L-I-N-E-R that means he plays the most time from the baseline :retarded:
Shouldn't you be defending Puerta in some doping thread somewhere? :wavey:

I mean, seriously talk about NITPICKING. I checked all your bleeping posts and these are your only posts in GM today - trying to correct someone on the art of tennis terms. Get a life!! LMFAO!

Hehehehe. Svenska!!!!!

Federerthebest
02-26-2006, 12:54 AM

:haha: :haha: :yeah:

ReturnWinner
02-26-2006, 01:08 AM
i just made a simple correction to your first post and u instead of recognizing ur mistake u attacked me

u should get a life (besides getting a psychtric and learning what a volleyer is)

pd: I am not Puerta´s lawyer (not even I like him) so I do not need to defend him

I mean, seriously talk about NITPICKING. I checked all your bleeping posts and these are your only posts in GM today - trying to correct someone on the art of tennis terms. Get a life!! LMFAO!

Hehehehe. Svenska!!!!!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-26-2006, 03:26 AM
Finally I see some normal result! :)

enqvistfan
02-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Congrats Tommy :yeah: and good luck for the final :bounce:

~EMiLiTA~
02-26-2006, 10:45 AM
awww benne :sad:

unfortunately not totally unexpected though