Horatio Caine
02-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Just like students need any form of tennis coverage? :p

belco
02-25-2006, 03:54 PM
whats that supposed to mean?

Horatio Caine
02-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Well you may want the Tennis Channel but I, as a student, get no tennis coverage at all (apart from Queen's and Wimbledon)...therefore aren't students more needy? ;)

Oneofakind0490
02-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Not yet. Once all of America can get the Tennis Channel it can go to Australia:p

ae wowww
02-25-2006, 05:18 PM
I don't understand why the Tennis Channel isn't more eager to broaden its viewing population? More viewers = more money...

If I was in charge, I'd look to offer it worldwide..

williaer
02-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Foxtel neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds to get TTC, but I doubt anyone will watch it, tennis isn't one of the most favoured sports going on - especially when the cricket or footy is on

enqvistfan
02-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Not only in Australia :)

Jennay
02-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Like -23498274% of the US has it. :p

NicoFan
02-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Most of America needs to get it first. :eek:

But yes, I think the entire world needs The Tennis Channel. :yeah:

Though if I were running it, it would different. ;)

NO WOMEN'S TENNIS. CLAY tournaments would always get priority over any other tournaments. And definitely no grass tournaments (except Davis Cup) would be shown....grass is for cows not for TV. :lol:

ae wowww
02-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Would a petition be useless? Could be an idea.. Even if we got everyone on here campaigning to get TTC a bit more globally, it would be a start IMO.

Socket
02-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Believe me, if Steve Bellamy had his way, everybody in the world would have the Tennis Channel. The Aussies or Brits or whatever just need a silent partner to do the financing, as Sampras did when Bellamy approached him way back when.

lucashg
02-25-2006, 09:15 PM
We all do.

NATAS81
02-25-2006, 09:20 PM
Only big cities have it in the US which is strictly BS.

Hell yeah DirecTV should have it. Tennis is a sport and the sports package that is offered lacks it.

savesthedizzle
02-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Only big cities have it in the US which is strictly BS.

Hell yeah DirecTV should have it. Tennis is a sport and the sports package that is offered lacks it.

I don't know about that. I live in central New Jersey and I have it... and I don't have to get any sort of extra sports package to get it either. It's part of the regular digital cable package. :shrug:

NATAS81
02-25-2006, 09:28 PM
I don't know about that. I live in central New Jersey and I have it... and I don't have to get any sort of extra sports package to get it either. It's part of the regular digital cable package. :shrug:
Well yeah but you know what I mean. Most cities in NJ are tied in with NY broadcasting rights anyway.

If you look at the map where it is available you'll see what I mean.

Socket
02-25-2006, 09:33 PM
My parents live in a small town in Florida and get it. It all depends on the local Comcast or Adelphia affiliate, and whether that affiliate wants to offer it as part of a sports package.

I think the new deal with the satellite company is going to force most cable affiliates to offer it, which is good news for those are still going without.

ae wowww
02-25-2006, 09:36 PM
http://www.thetennischannel.com/getttc/map_white.gif

NATAS81
02-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Look at where it is available in the northwest. What a complete joke.

ae wowww
02-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Why does TTC operate in this fashion? In this country, you can get a channel regardless of where you are located...

DeccyB123
02-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Would a petition be useless? Could be an idea.. Even if we got everyone on here campaigning to get TTC a bit more globally, it would be a start IMO.
We began one about a year ago to get it around the world.

I'll go have a look for it now.

ae wowww
02-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Thanks Decster :yeah:

DeccyB123
02-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Here it is- http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=30420 ;)

Don't know what we ended up doing with it though. :scratch:

Socket
02-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Why does TTC operate in this fashion? In this country, you can get a channel regardless of where you are located...
That's true for the networks (and PBS, I think), but the cable and satellite companies like to tailor their offerings locally, to fit particular audiences, especially niche audiences like Hispanics and blacks.

Ruski
02-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Well... I hope so too!!!

belco
02-26-2006, 11:27 AM
:(

i dont like wwatching footy and cricket...

live tennis all the time sounds too good to be true

~EMiLiTA~
02-26-2006, 12:44 PM
:(

i dont like wwatching footy and cricket...

live tennis all the time sounds too good to be true

tell me about it...the lack of tennis coverage here is just pathetic

AlexNYR
02-26-2006, 01:00 PM
not to rub it in or anything but just this weekend we got the following LIVE matches:the second set of sharapova-hingis, both dubai sf , the dubai ladies final, both rotterdam sf and the final that just ended with stepanek acing like crazy, and the finals of the WTA memphis tournament....another channel showed the memphis atp sf on delay and tommorow will show the final on delay so i overloaded on tennis this weekend getting to see the finals of 4 of 6 tournaments...next week we get live coverage of the whole week of the tennis channel open, and at least the sf and finals of ATP acapulco and wta doha....EVERYONE needs the tennis channel and i pray you all get it soon

L James
02-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Not sure about a Tennis Channel, but there definately needs to be more tennis on FTA in Australia. The Oz Open always draws massive ratings, this year's final between Fed & Bagh was again a ratings winner. Not as huge as Safin vs Hewitt from the year before but that was expected as no Aussie this time around.

Aussies clearly love their tennis, we want more!

binkygirl
02-26-2006, 05:54 PM
I don't see why it is not available is Aussie, because tennis appears to be more popular there than in the US. Best of luck to you guys down under in getting it.

almouchie
02-26-2006, 06:05 PM
I would love it if I had the tennis channel

belco
02-26-2006, 09:19 PM
i would have to mas*****te if i got tennis channel...

nah jks.... id be glued to it tho

robrulz5
02-26-2006, 09:55 PM
It would be awesome to have a Tennis Channel here. We already have a footy channel which is the most watched sport here. Tennis is the most played sport so a tennis channel would be a good idea!!!

belco
02-27-2006, 09:34 AM
it would be a fantastic idea

CMON FOXTEL :(

Kristen
02-27-2006, 09:45 AM
I like the concept. I don't think it will happen, but I'd be more than happy to eat my words.

I see more than enough of the brilliant, beloved, bandwagoned top ten on mtf. Would I not be subjected to even more of that with TTC? WTF... I could get an occasional doubles match, which is more than I get now.

POSITIVE: Doubles, actual vision of matches.
NEGATIVE: More tennis = more time on the couch. More time on the couch could lead to obesity and make me a statistic in this country. Not to mention time wasted, and less time (I would hope) spent on mtf. :eek: :wavey:

Action Jackson
02-27-2006, 09:55 AM
As long as there is equal opportunity to watch Mickey Mouse events on a global scale, then it's a good idea.

Peta Pan
02-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Tennis is tennis and I would be happy with whatever tennis they wanted to show me, because I know we don't get nearly enough at the moment!!!! TTC :yeah:

Kat!
02-27-2006, 10:10 AM
for those (me!) that are Foxtel-deprived I think they should work on getting Roland Garros back on Free to air first.... :rolleyes: (or even the entire TWO weeks of US Open....)

robrulz5
02-27-2006, 10:11 AM
The only decent Tennis coverage is of the Australian Open. Wimbledon coverage is alright, Flushing Meadows is ok and we basically get nothing from Rolan Garros.

Peta Pan
02-27-2006, 11:51 AM
The only decent Tennis coverage is of the Australian Open. Wimbledon coverage is alright, Flushing Meadows is ok and we basically get nothing from Rolan Garros.
Actually the US Open was next to nothing last year too on free-to-air. I was peeved because I was on holidays and able to stay up all night to watch but there was none on! These will never be let back on to free-to-air because cable tv is taking over everything :rolleyes:

Curls
02-27-2006, 01:27 PM
for those (me!) that are Foxtel-deprived I think they should work on getting Roland Garros back on Free to air first.... :rolleyes: (or even the entire TWO weeks of US Open....)
:yeah: absolutely!