Andy Murray- The Tennis Channel Open, Las Vegas [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Andy Murray- The Tennis Channel Open, Las Vegas

Agassi Aces
02-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Who thinks Murray will still enter this event. I would advise rest before back to back TMS events in Indian Wells and Miami after his hectic schedule recently!!!!!!!

Horatio Caine
02-24-2006, 08:38 PM
He is entered...he hasn't withdrawn. :confused:

Fee
02-24-2006, 08:42 PM
I think he'll go, might be a good place to transition from indoor to outdoor courts, but the night matches will be wicked cold.

Horatio Caine
02-24-2006, 08:44 PM
I can't see him not playing - he gets 4 - 5 days off before he actually plays matches, the entry list isn't all that strong so he might be seeded, and he could do with some match fitness on outdoor hardcourts before the 2 AMS.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
02-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Well, hard to decide. It would be better not to play there, so he can rest some more.

Fee
02-24-2006, 08:48 PM
He wouldn't have to play a match at IW until March 10th so he would have plenty of time off even if he did go to Vegas for a few matches. He should play the TCO.

Agassi Aces
02-24-2006, 08:50 PM
I don't think he should play, and don't think he will! He needs a good couple of weeks rest, practice at Indian Wells and peak at the right time!

ClaycourtaZzZz.
02-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Oh. I thought that IW was right after! But if it is one week away he should def. play!

keep_er_lit!
02-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Andy should definately play - he's got plenty of time to recover from San Jose and Memphis, and he had a week's break for DC and only played one match in Zagreb - meaning he's played 9 matches & doubles in the last 4 weeks - not enough to warrant skipping Vegas IMO. He'll get a week off before IW, if he misses Vegas he'll have 2 weeks between Memphis and IW - he'll find it harder to keep the momentum he's gained over the last fortnight.

Duncan
02-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Is he saying he's tired? Andy stop using it as an excuse, you just played terrible this week it happens to everyone at some point

keep_er_lit!
02-24-2006, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't actually criticise Andy if he was to say he was tired - he hasn't played a lot, but the nature of the matches this week, and the drama and excitement of last week is bound to have left Andy mentally tired.

As far as I'm aware Andy hasn't even mentioned withdrawing for Vegas, so I think this is a fuss about nothing :shrug:

Duncan
02-24-2006, 09:32 PM
From the BBC website

"I fought until the end of my match, just mentally it wasn't quite there today," Murray said afterwards.

"It's difficult to keep that up for two weeks at a time, that's why it's so tough to win a Grand Slam.

"At least there you have days off in between but here I had to play right through Wednesday, Thursday and Friday which was difficult."

And Murray admitted that his maiden title win in San Jose last week had finally taken its toll.

"I was a little bit tired mentally," he said. "It's really difficult to keep a run going, especially after the week I had last week.

"Against someone who serves as well as he does you need to be focused on every point on your own service game and today I wasn't like that.

"I'm a little bit disappointed to lose but happy with the last couple of weeks."

Horatio Caine
02-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Not sure about the issue of tiredness here. His serving suggests he is a little sore but nothing the cannot be fixed with a week's rest.

He doesn't need to withdraw next week...the opposition is no tougher so he could probably win another couple of matches. He won't start in Indian Wells until at least Wednesday of that week, but if he gets seeded which might still happen if there are enough withdrawals, then he could start as late as Friday.

Duncan
02-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Not sure about the issue of tiredness here. His serving suggests he is a little sore but nothing the cannot be fixed with a week's rest.

He doesn't need to withdraw next week...the opposition is no tougher so he could probably win another couple of matches. He won't start in Indian Wells until at least Wednesday of that week, but if he gets seeded which might still happen if there are enough withdrawals, then he could start as late as Friday.

exatcly :worship:

Fee
02-24-2006, 09:39 PM

Main draw play for the Men in Indian Wells doesn't start until Friday (March 10th). The qualies are on Wednesday and Thursday.

disturb3d
02-24-2006, 09:44 PM
There are already 6,739 Murray threads. Post this pointless crap in one of them.