Bolar's Early AFL futures action! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bolar's Early AFL futures action!

Bolar Bolabi
02-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Highest place Victorian - St.Kilda @ $2.40

They're the victorian team with most talent and I can't see any other Victorian team taking it up to them. Geelong will die off this year. St.Kilda will never win a flag with their coach but they still have talent to burn and will fire during the season and this bet should be money

Final 8

Kangaroos @ $2.60 - This bunch is consistent, they have a never give up attitude. It will be interesting to see how their recycled key position players hold up, but IMO, they have a better list than last year.

Bulldogs @ $1.80 - They will break through this year. They are a very talented list and after 1 year at the helm, Eade should take them to the finals. They'll only get better.

I was going to play Brisbane, but our odds are way too low. I was hoping we would be close to $2 or over $2, then I would have taken us.

dave nz
02-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Goodluck! I am leaning towards Freo making the 8.

Bolar Bolabi
02-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Thanks

You serious? That mob?

They don't have a forward line and their coach shouldn't even be at this level. He knows shit-all about the game.

Bolar Bolabi
02-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Highest placed Interstate team i'm leaning on Adelaide.

I'm using process of elimination.

West Coast, like Fremantle do not have a decent forward line.
Sydney - I'm concerned about the premiership hangover.
Port Adelaide - they'll finish near the bottom
Fremantle - midway - they don't have a decent forward line and they have a crap coach
Brisbane - still have a decent list, but definately won't finish the highest placed Interstate team.

It leaves me with Adelaide - talented - surprised last year. I can see them going on this year and improving. Young list.

dave nz
02-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Don't have a decent forward line LMAO

Sounds like you have been paying too much attention to the sports media over there.

Pavlich, McPharlin, Farmer, Headland, Medhurst, the names roll off the tounge.

Agree a little on Connolly but he has a street smart team with him on the coaching staff.

Freo will make the 8 BANK IT----baring a bad run with Injuries.

bad gambler
02-23-2006, 09:21 AM

Fremantle - midway - they don't have a decent forward line and they have a crap coach
Brisbane - still have a decent list, but definately won't finish the highest placed Interstate team.

It leaves me with Adelaide - talented - surprised last year. I can see them going on this year and improving. Young list.

it didn't stop them from being a kick away from winning the flag last year

dave nz
02-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Just to make it official,

I'm pounding this and watching the book run scared I hope u do the same :

Fremantle to make the top 8 (-110)-----------------5 units

gl

dave

Bolar Bolabi
02-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Farmer and Medhurst are grossly overrated. Connolly was trying to use them as FF's last year.

dave nz
02-23-2006, 10:26 AM
We shall see champ, as I say goodluck with your bets. As long as Freo make the 8
anyway anyhow I will be happy.

Rebound Ace
02-24-2006, 01:01 AM
Thanks

You serious? That mob?

They don't have a forward line and their coach shouldn't even be at this level. He knows shit-all about the game.

Pavlich kicked 60 goals last year, no forward line??

Consigliere
03-21-2006, 03:48 PM

West Coast has no forward line but they dominated most of last season.

I give Freo a good chance to make the 8, as pointed out already Pavlich pavlich pavlich. That's a forward line good enough right there.

Some of their lesser known players are very talented.

You like the Crows eh? Where you from again Bolar mate? ;) ;)

sports freak
03-21-2006, 09:36 PM
The year of the Saints!!!!!!

gahh
03-23-2006, 05:59 AM
The Bulldogs are no certainties to make the 8 I don't think, very overrated on what they've done so far.

I'm laying Richmond bigtime at just under $3 and their first 4 weeks are so tough I reckon they'll blow out and I can get out of that with a nice profit

hawker
03-24-2006, 09:37 AM
I definately think Freo will be making the 8 this year. But only just, there is so much hype on them at the start of seasons though, it was exactly the same last year.

Dont know where you getting the 1.80 odds on doggies for the 8 bolor but might wanta shop around a bit more most the booke got them at 2+

Anyway I think its going to be Adelaide or St Kilda to win the flag this year.

hawker
03-24-2006, 09:38 AM
Heres me preseason choices for the Brownlow Medal aswell.

My 2 preseason choice are

Nick Dal Santo $20.00
Was outstanding last year and heard he has hit the weights during the offseason and looking even better then ever. 3rd in last years Brownlow aswell.

Mark Riccuto $44.00
Roo is always up there and is consistently good week in week out. Expecting Adelaide to be up there in the top 4 so should be plenty of votes opportunities. With that said there could be some vote stealing going on between himself, McLeod, Goodwin and the quiet acheiver Tyson Edwards which all 3 could be worthy of a bet and there odds aswell.

Consigliere
03-29-2006, 02:35 PM
best brownlow place bets

Lenny Hayes: $26
David Wirrpanda: $32.35

gahh
04-04-2006, 04:10 AM
I'm laying Richmond bigtime at just under $3 and their first 4 weeks are so tough I reckon they'll blow out and I can get out of that with a nice profit

I didn't expect this to work so well so quickly, they're already out beyond $5 and now favourite for the spoon!

hawker
04-05-2006, 01:17 PM
will be even larger by the end of next week :D

robrulz5
04-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Put some money on Adam McPhee for the Brownlow.

Bolar Bolabi
04-11-2006, 03:28 AM
Two rounds in and I was right so far - Freo suck

Still early days but they won't make finals

dave nz
04-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Still early days but they won't make finals

Get em' next time.

sports freak
04-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Put some money on Adam McPhee for the Brownlow.

Save your dollars mate!!!

Brownlow Medal-Top 3

1.Scott West
2.Lenny Hayes
3.Chris Judd

bad gambler
04-14-2006, 01:23 AM
best brownlow place bets

Lenny Hayes: $26
David Wirrpanda: $32.35

That Hayes bet looks pretty good right about now - he had a brilliant game last night against the Lions

bad gambler
04-16-2006, 01:47 AM
It will be interesting to see the Brownlow prices when the new mkt is released on Tuesday - Cox and Hayes must surely have come right in, in fact I'm going to have a crack at Cox, from my count he has pretty close to 3 BOG's from 3 starts so far this season

sports freak
04-16-2006, 02:40 AM
It will be interesting to see the Brownlow prices when the new mkt is released on Tuesday - Cox and Hayes must surely have come right in, in fact I'm going to have a crack at Cox, from my count he has pretty close to 3 BOG's from 3 starts so far this season

Dont do it BG,save your money mate,Cox will be lucky to get 10 votes this yr n maybe 13 at the max,last yr the guy had a ripper n got absolute stuff all for it while Everitt cleaned up big time!!!Umpires love midfielders no doubt about it!!!Luke Hodge is a good outside chance