No thread? Patience def. Gaudio 6-2 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

No thread? Patience def. Gaudio 6-2 6-2

Scotso
02-23-2006, 02:29 AM
I'm surprised people aren't shocked by this. :p

TehSuck
02-23-2006, 02:32 AM
Gaudio sucks, nobody is shocked by this.

gusman890
02-23-2006, 02:34 AM
yeahh he isnt the king of clay anymore, after getting double bageled by federer, i lsot all respect for him

Scotso
Yeah, a grand slam champion and perrenial top 10 player sucks.

Action Jackson
Gaudio sucks, nobody is shocked by this.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Sjengster
Don't worry Teh, had Schuettler been mentally stronger today then I can assure you your beloved wunderkind would officially suck as well. I was thinking of starting a thread on this and the Volandri defeat, which was just as shocking, but thought I'd already done one tonight.

Sjengster
02-23-2006, 02:35 AM
yeahh he isnt the king of clay anymore, after getting double bageled by federer, i lsot all respect for him

When was he ever the king of clay? He did, on the other hand, make TMS QFs on three different surfaces last year plus TMC semis, a sign of reasonable surface versatility.

NATAS81
02-23-2006, 02:37 AM
Not shocked, he does have the tendancy to lose total focus and on clay that is a very dangerous mix.

Action Jackson
02-23-2006, 02:37 AM
When was he ever the king of clay? He did, on the other hand, make TMS QFs on three different surfaces last year plus TMC semis, a sign of reasonable surface versatility.

King of clay? Since when, it's not like he has ever been the best of his generation in his surface. Don't use facts like the ones above, it confuses too many people.

gusman890
02-23-2006, 02:39 AM
my bad everyone, i assumed since he won the french, and had 5 clay titles last year that he was the next best clay person behind nadal, sorry to confuse everyone, my badd

Sjengster
02-23-2006, 02:42 AM
Those are pretty good credentials, but if Nadal is the true king of clay, which he obviously is, then everyone else are petty nobles at best.

Lee
02-23-2006, 04:01 AM
:lol: It's the curse of Brasil Open. All Brasilian players are gone after two rounds and so as 4 top seeds. Although JCF lost in first round, the score is still a little respectful.

Today, #1 seed Gaudio won 4 games, #3 seed Volandri won 1 game and #4 seed Serra won 2 games. :o

~EMiLiTA~
02-23-2006, 04:07 AM
gee thanks for giving olivier some credit here :rolleyes:

this is only the second time he's ever reached a quarterfinal, so it's still big for him, even if it's not for anyone else

allez Olivier!!! :kiss:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-23-2006, 04:38 AM
It's funny when I didn't bet against Gaston,he lost the match! :rolleyes:
As a top clay player,this result is just pathetic! :yawn:

Sparko1030
02-23-2006, 05:14 AM
:sad: for Gaston. He's been out with a bad shoulder and players aren't usually in top form their first tournie back. And the weather conditions were very hot and humid and some players have a harder time with that than others. I'm not counting Gaston out yet-he'll have better results in the near future. :hug: to Gaston and his fans.

El Legenda
02-23-2006, 05:16 AM
I'm surprised people aren't shocked by this. :p

vCash :rolleyes:

silverwhite
02-23-2006, 05:27 AM
Olivier :yeah:

Hopefully, he can back this up.

Action Jackson
02-23-2006, 05:47 AM
:sad: for Gaston. He's been out with a bad shoulder and players aren't usually in top form their first tournie back. And the weather conditions were very hot and humid and some players have a harder time with that than others. I'm not counting Gaston out yet-he'll have better results in the near future. :hug: to Gaston and his fans.

No reason to be sad at all. How is this important in reality? The conditions are the same and they have to adjust to the conditions.

Gaudio played a very bad match and got what he deserved and congrats to Patience for fighting through the qualies and making the quarters.

Sparko1030
02-23-2006, 06:07 AM
No reason to be sad at all. How is this important in reality? The conditions are the same and they have to adjust to the conditions.

Gaudio played a very bad match and got what he deserved and congrats to Patience for fighting through the qualies and making the quarters.

I guess I just respond differently to losses. I react the same when my favs lose. I have an emotional response and yours is more clinical. We just have different ways of looking at it/ dealing with it. And honestly, some people can take the heat/humidity better than others. I do agree with the congrats to Patience though-not easy to make it through the qualies to the quarters and he deserves credit.

Action Jackson
02-23-2006, 06:21 AM
I guess I just respond differently to losses. I react the same when my favs lose. I have an emotional response and yours is more clinical. We just have different ways of looking at it/ dealing with it. And honestly, some people can take the heat/humidity better than others. I do agree with the congrats to Patience though-not easy to make it through the qualies to the quarters and he deserves credit.

Fair enough, there are different responses. Considering sport isn't that serious in reality and as for being clinical, I'd say realistic.

Some people handle altitude and win differently, but it's still not an excuse and these are pros who have to be good enough to adjust and if they don't, then they deserve to lose.

dylan24
02-23-2006, 08:04 AM
fuck you gaudio you prick
you and weasel can go to hell

nermo
02-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Not shocked, Gaudio hasn't been in form lately, guess he's gonna get better as clay season goes deeper.Besides, though patience is not a top player, i guess he's good on clay.

Jogy
02-23-2006, 10:22 AM
not worry about Gaudio, not so important for him early this season
he has dozens of optional events left to fill up his points with clay points and prefer to be good form for May and June ;)

michelleg
02-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Yay for Olivier!

yomike
02-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Something is not right with Gaston, I thought he did well at AO but losing 6-2 6-2 in clay does not bode well for this year especially that he relies so much on his clay points. I hope he regains his form soon, its still early.

Good Luck

Richard
Gaston
Juan Carlos
Ivan
David

uNIVERSE mAN
02-23-2006, 01:19 PM
who cares.

Scotso
02-23-2006, 04:05 PM
vCash :rolleyes:

Yeah, since I post a thread every 5 years.

richard gasquet
02-23-2006, 06:05 PM
olivier happy for him,beating a former RG champion and top10.Congrats.Good luck for the next match. :)

lorenz
02-23-2006, 06:43 PM
fuck you gaudio you prick
you and weasel can go to hell

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::wors hip::worship::worship::worship:

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Gaston has these kind of days, where he becomes crazy....

yomike
02-24-2006, 02:15 AM
who cares.

I'm really not in the mood to be annoyed. Go somewhere else like the next star system in Vega Universe man. Buwisit