Dish Network adding Tennis Channel! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Dish Network adding Tennis Channel!

nobama
02-23-2006, 01:47 AM
:woohoo: if true! Won't take me long to ditch DirecTV.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/

TENNIS CHANNEL IS COMING TO DISH NETWORK

SatelliteGuys.US has learned that Dish Network will be adding the Tennis Channel on February 23rd. The Tennis Channel will be in FREE PREVIEW MODE on channel 400 for all Dish Network AT60 and higher subscribers through March 31st. After that time the Tennis Channel will only be available in the AT180 package.

El Legenda
02-23-2006, 01:50 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! i steal Dish Network with some dish some arab installed for me :)

rofe
02-23-2006, 02:06 AM
Wow, if this turns out to be true - I will be signing up pronto. Take that Comcast! :mad: Thanks for the info.

nobama
02-23-2006, 02:20 AM
I have DirecTv right now. I'm going to switch if it becomes official. But what a pain in the ass. Why can't DirecTv offer TTC? :mad:

mangoes
02-23-2006, 02:25 AM
Congrats to Dish Network Subscribers :D

Sharad1982
02-23-2006, 02:32 AM
wowowowowowowowoowo
this is the bestttttttttttttttttttt news i heard

i have dish network, and right now on CHANNEL 280, they are showing the preview for the tennis channel - but right now racquetball is on, but i did see THE TENNIS CHANNEL logo
so it's channel 280
it says they will show preview til april 4th, and it will be on american's top 180 like said before

this is just terrific
wow i am so so so thrilled

federated
02-23-2006, 02:36 AM
this is GREAT NEWS!!! I've had the tennis channel (via comcast) for the past few months and it is markedly improving. Lots more tournament coverage. Now if they would just get Zabaleta's show on there I'd be in heaven.

nobama
02-23-2006, 02:44 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! i steal Dish Network with some dish some arab installed for me :)Cheater. ;)

federated
02-23-2006, 02:54 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! i steal Dish Network with some dish some arab installed for me :)

"some arab" :retard: :cuckoo:

acoffeygirl
02-23-2006, 03:02 AM
What the hell is wrong with DirecTV? Get with the program....I don't want to deal with switching! :sobbing:

Sharad1982
02-23-2006, 03:06 AM
kinda sucks that it's on american's top 180 and not in that sports package (which is only 5 bucks more than if you'd be switching from top 60)

Sharad1982
02-23-2006, 03:07 AM
actually i don't care now, i'm gonna switch anyways!

Scotso
02-23-2006, 03:16 AM
I might have to get Dish Network now.

zicofirol
02-23-2006, 06:36 AM
Thank you for your e-mail. Specific information regarding your request for Tennis Channel is not currently available. We would like to add that channel, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.

I got this answer from Dish network on Friday, which shows that sending emails is useless if the person answering the email is a moron, or if the company policy is to answer nothing.

Direct TV is much better at answering these questions.
For all of us direct tv users, Direct TV "will not be adding TTC anytime in the near future, as contract negotiations have stopped" that is what a Direct tv email response said, so not good news for Direct tv users.

I have both Direct tv and Dish, but there is no way in hell that I will pay for 180 channels when I only want one channel. I would rather pay $5 a month just for that channel, I hope they have that option available.

J. Corwin
02-23-2006, 07:26 AM
I'm still waiting for Comcast Berkeley or any place in the bay area to pick it up. :sad:

:ras:

NATAS81
02-23-2006, 07:27 AM
Screw that. I'd rather stick with what I got and get my 50 movie and sports channels than waste money on one.

dylan24
02-23-2006, 09:08 AM
fuck you directv bastards

nobama
02-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Someone posted this on wtaworld:

The Tennis Channel – New on DISH Network, Launching on February 23, 2006 The Tennis Channel is the only 24-hour network dedicated to tennis and the healthy, active lifestyle that surrounds it. Tournament coverage includes the US Open Series, ATP Masters Series, and top-tier Sony Ericsson WTA Tour championship competitions, Davis Cup, Fed Cup and Hopman Cup. Tune in for instruction, classic matches and behind the scenes access to the players colorful off-court lives.

o Located on channel 400.

o Available in AT180 and Dish HD Gold or above.

o Free preview to AT60 subscribers and above from February 23 through April 5, 2006 on channel 280.

o Free preview does NOT include Dish FAMILY, DishLATINO, DishLATINO HD or International programming

Fumus
02-23-2006, 03:38 PM
I have had TTC since it debuted. :razz:

rofe
02-23-2006, 04:19 PM
I have had TTC since it debuted. :razz:
:boxing: :ras:

acoffeygirl
02-23-2006, 05:54 PM
So an operator from DirecTV called me this morning to do a quick survey regarding my satisfaction with them. So when asked if I was unhappy with anything...I told her that they needed to get TTC, especially now that Dish Network has it. When asked if I would change anything, I told her that when my contract is up, I would have to seriously consider changing to Dish Network.

Based on the post above, it appears it isn't ever going to happen, but maybe if they start losing people to Dish Network, they will get a clue! :shrug:

nobama
02-23-2006, 06:50 PM
So an operator from DirecTV called me this morning to do a quick survey regarding my satisfaction with them. So when asked if I was unhappy with anything...I told her that they needed to get TTC, especially now that Dish Network has it. When asked if I would change anything, I told her that when my contract is up, I would have to seriously consider changing to Dish Network.

Based on the post above, it appears it isn't ever going to happen, but maybe if they start losing people to Dish Network, they will get a clue! :shrug:The rumors I've heard is TTC won't be on DirecTV until 2007 if then. I contacted Dish Network today and they confirmed that they do have TTC (channel 280) as of today, but that it shouldn't be listed on their website in their channel line up. I didn't quite get that.

Fedex
02-23-2006, 07:04 PM
:woohoo: if true! Won't take me long to ditch DirecTV.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/

TENNIS CHANNEL IS COMING TO DISH NETWORK

SatelliteGuys.US has learned that Dish Network will be adding the Tennis Channel on February 23rd. The Tennis Channel will be in FREE PREVIEW MODE on channel 400 for all Dish Network AT60 and higher subscribers through March 31st. After that time the Tennis Channel will only be available in the AT180 package.
That's nice. I used have Dish Network, but I coulden't get any reception after I moved, so I had to switch over to Direct TV.

acoffeygirl
02-23-2006, 07:58 PM
So have any of you had experience with both Dish Network and DirecTV? Do you have a preference.....I've been very happy with DirecTV and am not sure I would want to make a switch.

oconnor08
02-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Wow it great that Dish is finnally going to get the Tennis Channel

FelipeMIA89
02-23-2006, 09:45 PM
wooooohooooo I'm seeing it now!! this is better than *** lol..

swellde
02-24-2006, 05:20 AM
acoffeygirl, I had directv for five years with the mother of all packages and switched to dish network about a year ago so I have a good understanding of each.

Since you are already familiar with directv I don't need to discuss that but I do think directv is slightly better. Dish seems to have a couple of channels where the audio and video are not quite in synch which I didn't remember ever noticing with directv, and dish has inferior customer service in my opinion. I really liked Directv but I switched because dish network offered my UPN even though I didn't have a local upn station and a free dvr with directv didn't offer at the time. Plus for a single man, I like the option of the dual receiver which means I could hook it up two four tv's and only have to pay the five dollar a month fee for one receiver.

Of course I only have two independent viewing channels but their remote works on a UHF frequency which allows you to take the remote from room to room to use on any of you tv's so you can avoid the multiple receiver fees.

I don't know if this helps at all, but both are good, I guess it is just how much you want the tennis channel right now, which I have to say is awesome after waiting so long to wake up today and find out I have it.

acoffeygirl
02-24-2006, 05:37 AM
Thanks swellde. I have a pretty strong feeling I'll just stay with DirecTV. I don't like dealing with the hassle...besides, I'd have to deal with the stuff saved on my TiVo. :lol: When I originally switched from cable to satellite, I wasn't impressed with the customer service I received from Dish Network. That is actually why I went with DirecTV in the first place.

idolwatcher1
02-25-2006, 06:00 AM
:worship: woohooooooo!! I'm watching it right now! :worship: The fun will be over on April 4th though... :ras: