gusman890
02-22-2006, 06:17 PM
THANK GOD !!

ClaycourtaZzZz.
02-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Worst match ever. But congrats:shrug:

NATAS81
02-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Way to blow it serving for the match at 5-4 Schittler. http://yelims.free.fr/Pipi/Toilette05.gif

Sjengster
02-22-2006, 06:21 PM
Lucky beggar Andy, I could see the ludicrously overreacting headlines in GM when he was down a break in the second set. Will need a better performance tomorrow, Bjorkman and Kiefer are both great indoors and for different reasons are both riding high on confidence, sadly not something you can say of Schuettler.

revolution
02-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Kiefer has a virus, and really should not play this event....

I could see Bjorkman possibly beating Andy tomorrow.. hope he proves me wrong.

Still he won anyway :)

Neely
02-22-2006, 06:25 PM
Rainer just too weak and doesn't have the deciding confidence to serve out such a match. It's a bad prospect for him when seeing him struggling every week so badly, no matter who and where, atp or challengers, he is playing.

*Viva Chile*
02-22-2006, 06:26 PM
al least shows that the kid could fight too ;)

TehSuck
02-22-2006, 06:26 PM
What's the problem? it would have been unsurprising if he had lost given the week he just had. The fact is he refused to lose and came through. He'll play better tomorrow.

gusman890
02-22-2006, 06:29 PM
yeah, he was a whee rusty from the finals the other sunday.

musefanatic
02-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Well done Andy. No surprise there, Rainer's been going south in the rankings ever since i can remember, shame really.

federated
02-22-2006, 07:21 PM
GWay to come back, Andy. I 'm sure he's tired and sort of nervous and distracted...way to tough it out.

Oh, and Sjengster, your sig quote is f-ing hilarious. :haha: :haha:

Alexiana
02-22-2006, 07:37 PM
And I really thought he could win this thing after leading....Shaker..... :rolleyes:

Allez
02-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Handy Andy!

stebs
02-22-2006, 08:05 PM
It is a good thing that Murray played Schuettler in this match, a fairly easy draw allowed him to play badly for a while and shake of the rust of his title win without being knocked out. I expect to see him back in full flow tomorrow.

JustmeUK
02-22-2006, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=gusman890]yeah, he was a whee rusty from the finals the other sunday.[/QUOTE

it's not rust.. it was the late night partying and bonking with Kim and then the jet lag from his flight over that's caught him out :devil:

Sjengster
02-22-2006, 08:49 PM
From SI's Gimelblog today:

A new hope for England

While the doubles final produced the SAP Open's oldest champion, the singles final crowned its youngest. Andy Murray, 19, upset Lleyton Hewitt in a final set tiebreaker to win his first ATP Tour title; this after defeating Andy Roddick in the semifinal.

Murray burst on the scene during the grass court season last year and has captivated his fans in Great Britain with his mature game and comfort on the biggest stages. His arsenal of shots and his understanding of when and how to use them is incredibly impressive for someone so young.

He frequently changes the pace with the use of his slicing backhand, but is equally adept at attacking his serve and return. He has all the tools physically and mentally to be at the top of the world rankings, sooner rather then later, and maybe he will provide the Grand Slam title his home nation so desperately craves.

Now when you think about it, that title is strictly accurate, but it still won't be pleasing for Escude if he happens upon it.... tee hee.

stebs
02-22-2006, 08:50 PM

Now when you think about it, that title is strictly accurate, but it still won't be pleasing for Escude if he happens upon it.... tee hee.

Murray is also 18 I think

RogiFan88
02-22-2006, 08:53 PM

England Scotland Wales, what's the diff? :p :tape: :lol:

MariaV
02-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Murray is also 18 I think
Exactly.

Sjengster
02-22-2006, 08:55 PM
England Scotland Wales, what's the diff? :p :tape: :lol:

RF, as a discerning Canuck I suspect you know the difference better than your continental neighbours to the south. :p

switz
02-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Rainer you absolute tool!! i put a lot of money on you believing Murray would be off due to last week's win and he delivered on his end but of course typical Rainer had to ruin everything :mad:

what makes it worse is that is that i've been going around for weeks saying Werder Bremen would beat Juventus in the Champions League and they did but i had no money on it because i thought Rainer would more likely to win :mad:

Serves me right i suppose for gambling and being stupid enough to trust Rainer to deliver these days.

What the hell is wrong with him? One year as a genuine top 5/10 player and in between long periods of mediocrity.

PahelWaske
02-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Kiefer pulled out, de Voest and Björki will determine Andys next opponent. If he can manage to recover physically, he could reach the final again in that weak half of the draw.

gusman890
02-22-2006, 09:20 PM
^^ go murray !! :)

stebs
02-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Rainer you absolute tool!! i put a lot of money on you believing Murray would be off due to last week's win and he delivered on his end but of course typical Rainer had to ruin everything :mad:

what makes it worse is that is that i've been going around for weeks saying Werder Bremen would beat Juventus in the Champions League and they did but i had no money on it because i thought Rainer would more likely to win :mad:

Serves me right i suppose for gambling and being stupid enough to trust Rainer to deliver these days.

What the hell is wrong with him? One year as a genuine top 5/10 player and in between long periods of mediocrity.

Voting on Bremen would of had you pulling your hair out though. What a finish.

revolution
02-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Kiefer withdrew?

That's Andy's fault. How dare he be granted such an easy passage to the last eight by not playing a big name like him?

He should be ashamed of himself. :retard:

OddJob
02-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Ugly match but Andy got through congrats.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-23-2006, 04:43 AM
Thank god Murray won this match! :o

Duncan
02-23-2006, 09:57 AM
That was a very ugly win Andy, but congrats all the same! (i had better watch how i use the word ugly about here it offends) lol

Jogy
02-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Schuttler should fire coach if he want to continue serious his career. Only way for trying something. I don't think he is so bad overall. But something wrong and maybe because he always has some people with him.

stebs
02-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Kiefer withdrew?

That's Andy's fault. How dare he be granted such an easy passage to the last eight by not playing a big name like him?

Bjorkman is a good player.

revolution
02-23-2006, 03:16 PM
I know, I was just typifying the usual excuse.