babolat launches...roddick...racquets and shoes [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

babolat launches...roddick...racquets and shoes

federated
02-22-2006, 07:36 AM
great for andy, but timing seems really bad as all signs point to his slide continuing...

http://www.andyroddick.com/babolat-unveils-signature-roddick-racquet-shoes/

Federerthebest
02-22-2006, 07:59 AM
i hope he slides all the way out of the top 100 :)

Surf The Earth
02-22-2006, 08:02 AM
i hope he slides all the way out of the top 100 :)
:retard: :retard: RETARD :retard: :retard:

Federerthebest
02-22-2006, 08:05 AM
:retard: :retard: RETARD :retard: :retard:

scum, you should only address your betters after they address you first :wavey:

nobama
02-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Roddick needs to be less concerned about this shit and more concerned about his game which is in the tank right now.

lilfairyprincess
02-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Roddick needs to be less concerned about this shit and more concerned about his game which is in the tank right now.

I agree :yeah: all of these side-projects aren't gonna help him win titles..his time would be much better spent on improving his game!

nobama
02-22-2006, 02:15 PM
I agree :yeah: all of these side-projects aren't gonna help him win titles..his time would be much better spent on improving his game!Well to be fair, he may not spend much time on this stuff, but who's gonna want to buy this stuff if his game is in the gutter? It was easy for him to have a just OK year last year (yes I know he won 5 tournaments, but no slam and no TMS) and still remain in the top 5 when Fed and Nadal won 22 tournaments including 3 slams and 8 out of 9 TMS events. But if those two don't hog most of the tournaments this year and Andy doesn't step then he could fall out of the top 10.

gusman890
02-22-2006, 02:22 PM
how come they dont make a Wilson prostaff Gus?

after all, i'm as big as a walking billboard as andy ! jk :-)

yeahh, i agree with everyone, he needs to get his Head in the game and work on the important stuff not marketing.

Notice ! John McEnroe was the ONLY American to win a title in Febuaray. Hes 47, all these all guys are in their 20s, roddicks no.3 in the world and lost to murray (but Murray was and still is in the zone, because hes my fav). But still american tennis is in a slump right now.

i said what i had to say. god bless the USA

heya
02-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Who really cares? His brother isn't the "tennis mind" and sparring partner that everyone wants to believe. His mom wants money and bragging rights. This has been going on for a decade. She probably loves to have big cash for her grandchildren. It's not like crowds are happy to see his game...they go to matches to have fun with their friends- not over worried about which player's wasting his life and talent.

Deboogle!.
02-22-2006, 03:14 PM
I agree :yeah: all of these side-projects aren't gonna help him win titles..his time would be much better spent on improving his game!I agree that side projects aren't good for anyone's game, including his, but I don't see how Babolat putting out a racquet and shoes with his name on it takes all that much of his time?

Fumus
02-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Yea, well whatever...

I am sure Andy is going to be like actually can you wait until I win a tournement before you put out my shoes and racquets..lol

Fumus
02-22-2006, 03:25 PM
oh yea, and just because he lost rnd of 16 at the Aussie, and he hasn't won a title yet doesn't mean he's in a big slump because that's just not true. Lest I remind you he is the 3rd ranked player in the world and he did win a non-atp title at Kooyong in January where he beat some the best players in the world. Andy has had some really disapointing results in the past year but, he certainly isn't out of the top ten. When he wins a title in Memphis and then Las Vegas...things will look alot better.

gomarray
02-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Or can we wait until I learn how to hit a backhand winner

tangerine_dream
02-22-2006, 04:14 PM
And yet another Roddick thread is created by one of his admiring "detractors". :lol:

nobama
02-22-2006, 07:16 PM
When he wins a title in Memphis and then Las Vegas...things will look alot better.Uh, he hasn't won either of those titles yet. And going by his form in San Jose and R1 in Memphis I wouldn't put money on him winning either of those tournaments.

federated
02-22-2006, 08:30 PM
And yet another Roddick thread is created by one of his admiring "detractors". :lol:

:confused: don't get what you mean.

I'm certainly no fan of roddick the player, but he's one of the best personalities off the court in tennis--I wish him well, but have never rooted for him. There's no contradiction there.

blosson
02-22-2006, 08:40 PM
I just hope the Pure Drive Roddick racquet doesn't become a Pure Dive racquet.

Rosa Luxembourg
02-23-2006, 04:46 AM
babolat is about 2-3 late... desparate?

williaer
02-23-2006, 08:09 AM
Uh, he hasn't won either of those titles yet. And going by his form in San Jose and R1 in Memphis I wouldn't put money on him winning either of those tournaments.
if im not mistaken... dont you hang round and post in andy's forum here on mtf...?