Flavio Saretta d. (2) Juan Carlos Ferrero 6-4 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Flavio Saretta d. (2) Juan Carlos Ferrero 6-4 6-3

Fergie
02-22-2006, 02:17 AM
In Argentina was a closed match but now :eek: ... Well done Flavio! :yeah:

mangoes
02-22-2006, 02:18 AM
:eek:

Action Jackson
02-22-2006, 02:20 AM
:bigclap: :bigclap:

Congrats to Saretta for turning around last weeks result against JCF and the Brazilians still have a player in the draw besides Mello.

Maybe Oncins has finally getting Salsicha to do some work.

NicoFan
02-22-2006, 02:22 AM
Happy for Flavio. :bounce:

But sad for JC. :sad:

JC - what happened????

revolution
02-22-2006, 02:25 AM
Surprised.. JCF well off form and hasn't been the same since that AO semi against Ninja.

njnetswill
02-22-2006, 02:36 AM
:eek: wtf happened here.

mangoes
02-22-2006, 02:37 AM
What's going on with JCF? I was so sure he would have moved into the top 10 last year. Can someone who follows him more closely give me some idea of what's going on with him. Is it a mental issue?

gusman890
02-22-2006, 02:58 AM
JCF !!!

WTF MAN? i hope him and coria arnt going down hill, my two favortie clay couters :-/ are doing not so hot.

too many upsets in the past 2 weeks. RETURN ON MIGHTY FEDERER !!!

Haute
02-22-2006, 03:00 AM
Long story short, yes, his biggest problem right now is his mentality and confidence level. Which is why I'm glad Perlas is encouraging him to play doubles more often, because that's really going to help him get his confidence back up and to help him improve his net game.

federated
02-22-2006, 03:01 AM
:sad: poor mosquito.

OddJob
02-22-2006, 03:03 AM
Awww JC :sad: , He had such a good tourney last week.

*Viva Chile*
02-22-2006, 03:04 AM
JCF!!!!!!! :( :smash:

Scotso
02-22-2006, 03:06 AM
I give up :shrug:

He's been such a disappointment since a great 2003.

Action Jackson
02-22-2006, 03:11 AM
It's hard to feel sorry for a guy who has won a Slam, been #1 and won TMS events. The game has moved on since he was at the top and he hasn't moved with it

Billabong
02-22-2006, 03:28 AM
:sad: But Flavio:yeah:

_pyromatic
02-22-2006, 03:30 AM
Not cool JC. :(

cobalt60
02-22-2006, 03:34 AM
Nice win for Flavio. See if he can capitalize on it:)

Haute
02-22-2006, 03:34 AM
But it's not like he was just content with playing how he was in 2003, he has been trying to keep up, which is the sad thing. It's not easy being out of the game with injuries for a few months and pick up where you left off. So, if you're going to say that about him, then you have to say the same thing about Guga. We better not feel sorry for him either because he's won Roland Garros 3 times, was #1, has won TMS events, as well as the Master's Cup.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-22-2006, 03:44 AM
Tell me,in what situation he can win?
Don't expect him from now on...

Action Jackson
02-22-2006, 03:44 AM
But it's not like he was just content with playing how he was in 2003, he has been trying to keep up, which is the sad thing. It's not easy being out of the game with injuries for a few months and pick up where you left off.

Well last season was about restablishing himself after the illness and the injuries and overall he did well in that regard and he has started slowly now, but a whole seasons results aren't judged in Feb are they?

As for being content, when players play a winning game for them, they will stick to it. They caught up to Ferrero and he has to adapt within his game to keep up.

So, if you're going to say that about him, then you have to say the same thing about Guga. We better not feel sorry for him either because he's won Roland Garros 3 times, was #1, has won TMS events, as well as the Master's Cup.

This is about Ferrero and not Guga. When Ferrero has 2 hip operations then come back to me.

mangoes
02-22-2006, 03:48 AM
I don't think that JCF and Guga can be fairly compared. Guga made his mark, a very strong one, and has had to deal with 2 hip surgerys.

Lee
02-22-2006, 04:19 AM
:bigclap: :bigclap:

Congrats to Saretta for turning around last weeks result against JCF and the Brazilians still have a player in the draw besides Mello.

Maybe Oncins has finally getting Salsicha to do some work.

:o In addition to Mello and Saretta, there is another Brasilian in 2nd round. :o André Ghem

Action Jackson
02-22-2006, 04:25 AM
:o In addition to Mello and Saretta, there is another Brasilian in 2nd round. :o André Ghem

Well Guga brings in the cash and I forgot about Ghem.

Good stuff from Flavio and now he plays the poor mans Gonzalez in Almagro.

Lee
02-22-2006, 04:30 AM
Well Guga brings in the cash and I forgot about Ghem.

Good stuff from Flavio and now he plays the poor mans Gonzalez in Almagro.

I'm glad that Almagro was not intimidated by Koellerer in quali ;)

Haute
02-22-2006, 04:32 AM
This is about Ferrero and not Guga. When Ferrero has 2 hip operations then come back to me.

But the thing is that mentality can be just as difficult as physical problems to overcome in getting back to the top. Granted, JC didn't have as severe injuries as Guga, but he's still trying his best to compete with the best and it makes me both mad and sad that most people just want to dismiss and not even care about him anymore (although, the only time he even gets mentioned in MTF these days is when he loses, the matches he wins barely even get recognized in here).

Action Jackson
02-22-2006, 04:40 AM
But the thing is that mentality can be just as difficult as physical problems to overcome in getting back to the top. Granted, JC didn't have as severe injuries as Guga, but he's still trying his best to compete with the best and it makes me both mad and sad that most people just want to dismiss and not even care about him anymore (although, the only time he even gets mentioned in MTF these days is when he loses, the matches he wins barely even get recognized in here).

Well, the mental is a big side of pro sport and these guys have to manage that as much as hitting the balls in training. I still don't feel sorry for him, when they are really a lot more pressing issues than sport.

You are a smart enough individual to get the general concept at this place is great hero and superstar to chump in less than 2 weeks.

As for Ferrero, will he make it back as one of the elite. He is capable enough, but as I have said before the game has changed and so has he and it's up to him to see how he can handle it.

Hola Mr. SK
02-22-2006, 04:42 AM
Go and figure it out, JCF...........................

helen phillips
02-22-2006, 04:45 AM
Can't help but think if JCF had beaten Moya last week it might have been the boost he needed. He lost and were back to dropping 1st round matches. To my mind when he is playing well he is better than Nadal: he hits with more consistent depth and moves the ball around much better (unlike Nadal who hits back to opponents far too much). For me the quality of tennis he produced in his French final was superior to what Nadal produced. Longer it goes the harder it is going to be to turn it around. I'm hopeful but not optimistic. Clay season is young he just needs a couple good wins and the shots he's missing are going to start dropping in.

Puschkin
02-22-2006, 07:30 AM
The game has moved on since he was at the top and he hasn't moved with it

That's harsh, but true. I was happy that he finally took on board an additional coach, maybe this is the new approach he needs. I would not give up on him, he seems to be a very hard worker. It has always been his footwork which impressed me more than his hitting, even in 2003. When I saw him in Vienna last year, I was surprised at myself, staring at his feet all the time ;).

nouf
02-22-2006, 08:00 AM
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4535/ferrero7st.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4661/ferrero22ld.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/951/ferrero30vr.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

nouf
02-22-2006, 08:02 AM
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7012/saretta7iq.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1120/saretta22kh.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Federerthebest
02-22-2006, 08:03 AM
his forehand is not the shot it used to be

Nathaliia
02-22-2006, 08:20 AM
:eek: Flavio :bounce:

him and Oncins have something remidning of Chucho and Orsa :tape: :lol:

I am amazed, he's been so down recently, maybe this could help in a breakthrough! (let's wait for another match)

Action Jackson
02-22-2006, 10:02 AM
That's harsh, but true. I was happy that he finally took on board an additional coach, maybe this is the new approach he needs. I would not give up on him, he seems to be a very hard worker. It has always been his footwork which impressed me more than his hitting, even in 2003. When I saw him in Vienna last year, I was surprised at myself, staring at his feet all the time ;).

Lack of confidence can do many things and doubts come into the mind and can effect his strengths like footwork and as for Perlas it's a good move from him. His work ethic isn't the issue unlike some other players and compatriots.

As for Saretta, he has something to build on and hope he can progress well into this tournament.

TULY
02-22-2006, 10:55 AM
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/FlavioSaretta-club/

a club for Flavio's fans!!!!

Join!

silverwhite
02-22-2006, 10:59 AM
JCF :sad:

keqtqiadv
02-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Flavio :worship:
He played well! I hope he can keep this tennis against Almagro.

propi
02-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Ferrero will be ready for Euro clay ;)
A sad loss but it's Monte Carlo, Rome, Barcelona and Roland Garros what matters :bounce:

Fisico
02-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Ferrero will be ready for Euro clay ;)
A sad loss but it's Monte Carlo, Rome, Barcelona and Roland Garros what matters :bounce:

yeah but he will get much tougher draws in those tournaments than those he just got in Buenos Aires and Costa do Sauipe.
both these tournies gave him a great chance to win his first title for a long time, and give him some confidence for the clay season but it wasnt to be :sad:

heya
02-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Saretta :haha: Good to see you winning without being 1-dimensional. :rolls: :rolls: :explode:

Marat Safinator
02-22-2006, 06:45 PM
what you all talking about " wtf juan carlos " flavio is a fantastic claycourt player, It doesn't surprise me in the slightest

shotgun
02-26-2006, 03:50 AM
Great win by Saretta, first one over a top 20 since he beat Calleri in Wimbledon '03. Apparently he's slowly recovering the level that led him to the top 50. Too bad he couldn't capitalize on this win though.

lucashg
02-26-2006, 03:56 AM
what you all talking about " wtf juan carlos " flavio is a fantastic claycourt player, It doesn't surprise me in the slightest

Hm, I wouldn't call Saretta a "fantastic" player by any means. He certainly has his share of talent and could be much better than he is, but it is surprising he's beat Ferrero this easily.

radjan
02-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Well, I was blessed to watch the match in Costa do Sauipe (thank God they still didn't move it to São Paulo, which is very far) and here is my opinion:

Saretta played amazingly during his 1st round match. And Ferrero helped him insisting in making the same shots over and over again. All the time, he tried to get Saretta out of the court (always to the left side of Saretta) and then hit the next ball at the right of Saretta. It worked for 3 games, while Saretta was not aware of it. But then it was all downhill for him, and Flavio won 5 games in a row, and closed the deal at 6/4.

The 2nd set was even worst for JCF. I've never sween he playing so unidimensionally in my whole life, insisting in the same shots (which Saretta was gladly hitting back). At half the set, Ferrero lost his mind and practically gave up.

The funny thing is that, after such a great match, Flavio wen to lose an easy match to Almagro, who was just ball-bashing all the time. Cheer for Saretta is probably one of the hardest things in life. :rolleyes: :mad: :sad:

musefanatic
02-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Juanqui! :sad: Oh what a shame