Murray: The best ROS in the game? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Murray: The best ROS in the game?

TehSuck
02-21-2006, 05:58 PM
It's sure shaping up as one of the best in the game.

AgassiDomination
02-21-2006, 05:59 PM
:retard:

Conita
02-21-2006, 06:03 PM
????

stebs
02-21-2006, 06:04 PM
He has a good return of serve for sure, not one of the best in the game just yet. He is great at hitting winners of his opponents serve but he needs to work on getting some more powerful ones into play.

NATAS81
02-21-2006, 06:05 PM
ROS = Return of serve

mangoes
Oh, return of serve.....................too early to tell, but just off the bat, the answer is No.

Deboogle!.
:haha: :rolls:

jackieglover
02-21-2006, 06:07 PM
He won the SAP open. He has the best first serve. Best junk ball. Best haircut. Best dental work. Best mental player. He's the best ever. No doubt. :rolleyes:

AgassiDomination
02-21-2006, 06:08 PM
When he stands fixed on the baseline and returns 135mph serves then create this thread.

NATAS81
02-21-2006, 06:09 PM
For the record, Agassi Federer and maybe even Soderling have better returns than him.

Deboogle!.
02-21-2006, 06:11 PM
For the record, Agassi Federer and maybe even Soderling have better returns than him.You're forgetting Hewitt, Safin, Bjorkman, many of the good claycourters (such as Robredo, Coria, Ferrer, and others)....

The list goes ON AND ON.

TehSuck
02-21-2006, 06:13 PM
When he stands fixed on the baseline and returns 135mph serves then create this thread.

Umm, you did not read Roddick's post match comments then?

AgassiDomination
02-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Umm, you did not read Roddick's post match comments then?

I don't need to to realize he isn't the best ROS.

Deboogle!.
02-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Umm, you did not read Roddick's post match comments then?Roddick said he blocked back his serve. how does that make him have the best return? that's what EVERYONE does against Roddick. :haha: By that regards, almost the whole tour has the best ROS

Nice logic :yeah:

AgassiDomination
02-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Roddick said he blocked back his serve. how does that make him have the best return? that's what EVERYONE does against Roddick. :haha: By that regards, almost the whole tour has the best ROS

Be nice, he's new.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
02-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Well, beside Federer, he has one of the best mixture in his game. I'd say that his BH is amazing.

TehSuck
02-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Roddick said he blocked back his serve. how does that make him have the best return? that's what EVERYONE does against Roddick. :haha: By that regards, almost the whole tour has the best ROS

Read it again.

flmmkrz
02-21-2006, 06:33 PM
you cant talk about best return of serve and not mention the Karlovic return.

AgassiDomination
02-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Well, beside Federer, he has one of the best mixture in his game. I'd say that his BH is amazing.
Guess you didn't realize this is about Murray's R-O-S, or maybe you're just searching for anyway to praise him?

Deboogle!.
02-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Read it again.I don't need to, I read well enough so that I only need to read things once to properly comprehend them :)

gusman890
02-21-2006, 07:15 PM
too early to tell

artlinkletter
02-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Deb, the kid in your picture looks like he could pass for mini-andy. Black Lacoste polo with the blue wrist band. Signature Andy style.

DrJules
02-21-2006, 07:38 PM
No.

Top 3:
1) David Nalbandian
2) Roger Federer
3) Lleyton Hewitt

Probably one of best 10. Certainly on hardcourt.

Deboogle!.
02-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Deb, the kid in your picture looks like he could pass for mini-andy. Black Lacoste polo with the blue wrist band. Signature Andy style.:D It's Max Goldfine the son of his former coach, Dean Goldfine :p He's so cute we have a whole thread in his honor in the Andy forum ;) :p

omg Nalbandian how could I forget him. Nadal too, surely better than Murray :lol:

artlinkletter
02-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Awww, no wonder. He's such a cutie. I might just have to wonder into the realm of Roddick.

tangerine_dream
02-21-2006, 07:44 PM
We do a lot of wondering in the Roddick realm ourselves.

almouchie
its(ROS) definitely one of main reason murray won san jose & neutralized hewitts game

artlinkletter
Whoops..haha...sorry for the typo...wander****

Deboogle!.
02-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Awww, no wonder. He's such a cutie. I might just have to wonder into the realm of Roddick.You should :)

LMFAO Tangy

BTW MALISSE NOW HAS THE BEST ROS IN THE GAME!!!!!!!

from his ESPN chat just a while ago
---------------------------
Alan Ga: Hey Xavier I'm a huge fan I play tennis and i have trouble returning the harder serves do you have any tricks to help me along with that?

SportsNation Xavier Malisse: (3:21 PM ET ) I don't know. It all depends on how hard it comes. You have to go with the flow a little bit. When we play Roddick you have to move your stance to give him a different look. It's more that you have to block it than hit it.

revolution
02-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Certainly up there with the best, Andy's proved he can return the big'uns i.e Dent on grass, Roddick indoors and even turned big serves into winners on occasions.

Sjengster
02-21-2006, 08:12 PM
You're forgetting Hewitt, Safin, Bjorkman, many of the good claycourters (such as Robredo, Coria, Ferrer, and others)....

The list goes ON AND ON.

Erm, I dunno about Robredo. The others are right, though. Anyway, Murray is a great returner, but there's no point in grouping him in with players of an older generation - he should be measured against those of his own. And now I come to think of it, they're all very good returners, which is a large part of why they're such good prospects. Gasquet wins his first title on grass beating Dent and Mirnyi, Berdych wins his first big title on carpet beating Stepanek and Ljubicic, Baghdatis reaches his first Slam final beating Roddick and Ljubicic - all signs of their collective returning calibre.

mangoes
02-21-2006, 08:25 PM
You're forgetting Hewitt, Safin, Bjorkman, many of the good claycourters (such as Robredo, Coria, Ferrer, and others)....

The list goes ON AND ON.

Nalbandian, Nadal, Roger..........just thought of them to add to your list :lol:

Frankly speaking...............when comparing all the newbies, I don't think Murray is at the top of the talented list. Congratulations to him on his win and I think he will definitely be a visible player in the future. But I don't see anything special about his game as I see with Nadal, Gasquet, Berdych, Baghdatis.

MissMoJo
02-21-2006, 08:38 PM
It's sure shaping up as one of the best in the game.
Are you related to this guy :confused: :http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=87505

Sjengster
02-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Nalbandian, Nadal, Roger..........just thought of them to add to your list :lol:

Frankly speaking...............when comparing all the newbies, I don't think Murray is at the top of the talented list. Congratulations to him on his win and I think he will definitely be a visible player in the future. But I don't see anything special about his game as I see with Nadal, Gasquet, Berdych, Baghdatis.

That's because he isn't a shotmaker like most of the other young guns - his strengths and talents are not nearly so tangible. But to me, it takes a hell of a lot of ability to wear down Hewitt, and he managed it on Sunday - he didn't just throw the ball back to him, there was some real thought going on in those long exchanges.

mangoes
02-21-2006, 08:56 PM
That's because he isn't a shotmaker like most of the other young guns - his strengths and talents are not nearly so tangible. But to me, it takes a hell of a lot of ability to wear down Hewitt, and he managed it on Sunday - he didn't just throw the ball back to him, there was some real thought going on in those long exchanges.

I haven't seen the match as yet. I'm expecting a copy of the match :lol:................ I guess, we'll see as his career takes shape. From what I have seen of him, I wasn't impressed, however, I enjoyed watching him play. Hewitt hasn't been at 100% so it's hard for me to read a lot into Murray's win over him. (and I'm no fan of Hewitt making excuses for him :lol: ) But, I'll definitely watch the match and keep your observations in mind as I watch it :D

uNIVERSE mAN
02-21-2006, 08:58 PM
wtf is with these 18 yr olds trying to get their profile up by slobbering all over their girlfriend in public???

Sjengster
02-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Well, just bear in mind that unlike some around here I don't see him as the greatest prodigy of the ATP Tour, the next Wimbledon winner or the best returner in the game at present. But a bit of slice and dice, dropshots and short balls sucking Hewitt into the net followed by topspin lobs, good switches from defensive to offensive mode, the occasional cleverly angled forehand - this is what I believe he possesses.

stebs
02-21-2006, 09:01 PM
I haven't seen the match as yet. I'm expecting a copy of the match :lol:................ I guess, we'll see as his career takes shape. From what I have seen of him, I wasn't impressed, however, I enjoyed watching him play. Hewitt hasn't been at 100% so it's hard for me to read a lot into Murray's win over him. (and I'm no fan of Hewitt making excuses for him :lol: ) But, I'll definitely watch the match and keep your observations in mind as I watch it :D

Did you see Murray - Nalby?? If you have it on video or something then watch the second set where Murray demolished him. That is real offensive and defensive talent. Winners coming out of everywhere, Murray may have played well this week but he hasn't played a better set than 6-1 over Bandy since then.

NYCtennisfan
02-21-2006, 09:01 PM
He does have a very good ROS. I believe Federer commented on it after their match in Thailand last year as well.

mangoes
02-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Well, just bear in mind that unlike some around here I don't see him as the greatest prodigy of the ATP Tour, the next Wimbledon winner or the best returner in the game at present. But a bit of slice and dice, dropshots and short balls sucking Hewitt into the net followed by topspin lobs, good switches from defensive to offensive mode, the occasional cleverly angled forehand - this is what I believe he possesses.

I understand your point. :)

Federerthebest
02-21-2006, 10:38 PM
no

jonas bjorkman still has the best return-of-serve in the game :worship:

Duncan
02-22-2006, 12:43 AM
Now when i read the first post in this thread im sure it said... "It's sure shaping up as one of the best in the game"

Now where does that say the person said it was THE best? It doesn't so i think everyone should back off a bit here maybe.

In future he might be in the top 5 of ROS but not quite yet, still too inconsistent the same with the huge backhand he has, it's gonna be awesome when he finds consistency but until then its just gonna be one of those hit and miss type shots some go in some fly out.

Give the guy a break people

OddJob
02-22-2006, 02:10 AM
It's not bad but he sitll has room for improvement. I do think he has one hell of a running bh tho.

Experimentee
02-22-2006, 02:11 AM
:haha:
Here comes the hype again :retard:

Rex
02-22-2006, 05:53 AM
andy's ros isnt fantastic, its good and clever, but not like agassi.... However i think that andy has a great bh, and a very decent fh to go with...

Agassi Aces
02-22-2006, 07:38 AM
Along with Agassi and Hewitt, one of the very best the game is seeing at the moment!!!!

Duncan
02-22-2006, 11:04 AM
i hate how people say agassi has the best return of serve, its awful! He guesses a direction and goes for it, people hit so many aces against him in a match