One Tree Hill! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

One Tree Hill!

Murkofan
11-19-2003, 09:08 PM
Here we go :p Another new thread :p

I copied this from the main thread:

I much prefer Peyton to Brooke although she is starting to grow on me. I don't really like the whole popular cheerleader thing and I like that Peyton doesn't agree with all that. In that particular scene though I agree, Lucas should just let Peyton leave out of respect for Brooke. I'm kind of :scratch: about how that whole thing will turn out!

I don't really like Peyton. She's too...troubled and moody. Brooke has troubles (poor little rich girl) but she acts out on them in entertaining ways. She doesn't spazz out and have mood/feeling swings like Peyton. I bow to your superior knowledge of the characters as you've seen all the episodes and I haven't, but I'm not sure about Peyton not agreeing with the popular cheerleader thing. She is a cheerleader, and if we're to believe Nathan, when he was with her "everything was parties and drama and games," or something to that effect. She's not quite as, er, loose as Brooke but the impression I've gotten is that Nathan and Peyton were sleeping together. My interpretation of Peyton is that she likes being a cheerleader and all that comes with it just fine; she just likes alternative music though she doesn't feel the need to "wear the uniform." Probably because it would interfere with her popularity.

I don't want Luke with Peyton because it seems to me that if they were together, they'd sit around and brood. He has fun with Brooke (though perhaps they should cut back on the alcohol consumption a bit :p) and there's not the drama there is with Peyton. Unless she shows up uninvited :p I think when Brooke is with Lucas, she tends to cut the crap a little more and be a better person, much like Nathan with Haley. I'm not sure how Lucas and Peyton could help/improve each other.

I'm glad Lucas/Peyton/Nathan didn't develop into anything, it would of been annoying I think :o And ditton on Nathan/Haley, I'm glad we're getting to see that :D They've become one of my favorite tv couples :hearts: Along with Ephram and Madison from Everwood, I love them :D

I like Ephram and Madison :D Although, like she's pointed out, it's maaaaajorly illegal :p

I just hope that Lucas doesn't turn into some kind of badass. I've got memories of him from Gilmore Girls where he was like the dark troubled soul and I expected a similar character on OTH but I was very pleasantly surprised :D

Nah, that territory is reserved for Nathan :p He and Peyton are Troubled and Deep :p And Dan is just an ass :p

I suspect there's more going on at Haley's house than meets the eye. What do you think?

Yup, I'm pretty sure it was the last new episode until January :sad: I guess we'll enjoy the re-runs :D

I can see 'em for the first time :D Although I know the first few eps weren't all that good :p

Kate05
11-20-2003, 01:13 AM
Last night's episode was so awesome. Best one this season.

Again I still don't understand why Lucas and Nathan look so different? Dan and Karen both have dark brown hair. I doubt Luke would dye his hair. It looks more like the mothers should be switched. I hate it when shows do that. Not that I don't appreciate the Chad but come on. :rolleyes:

Dan is still an ass. But go Deb! I love Deb.

My sister and I audibly gasped in unison when Brooke walked into the room with Peyton and Lucas. My immediate thought was 'omg Lucas is going to turn into Kelly Taylor and choose himself.' :lol: :p I hope to god he picks Brooke though.

I like the whole Peyton and Haley friendship thing or whatever is going on. I thought that was nice to see.

I don't think Nathan and Haley did anything but it might be possible. I mean they obviously care about each other, but Nathan nearly died and I don't think he would be up for sex. :lol: But who knows. The writers just want us to think about that shit for 2 months for their Nathan/Haley cliffhanger of sorts.

Man this show is just all kinds of 90210 mixed with DC. :lol:

Angele
11-20-2003, 10:51 AM
Here we go :p Another new thread :p

I copied this from the main thread:

:yeah:

I don't really like Peyton. She's too...troubled and moody. Brooke has troubles (poor little rich girl) but she acts out on them in entertaining ways. She doesn't spazz out and have mood/feeling swings like Peyton. I bow to your superior knowledge of the characters as you've seen all the episodes and I haven't, but I'm not sure about Peyton not agreeing with the popular cheerleader thing. She is a cheerleader, and if we're to believe Nathan, when he was with her "everything was parties and drama and games," or something to that effect. She's not quite as, er, loose as Brooke but the impression I've gotten is that Nathan and Peyton were sleeping together. My interpretation of Peyton is that she likes being a cheerleader and all that comes with it just fine; she just likes alternative music though she doesn't feel the need to "wear the uniform." Probably because it would interfere with her popularity.

Did you see the episode where Peyton freaked out and left the cheerleading squad? Granted she's back now ( :o ) but that episode really changed my opinion of her. And I like her drawings and stuff... I dunno, I just get the impression that she's deeper than Brooke, although I much prefer the Brooke with Lucas than the Brooke without Lucas. I imagine Brooke will grow on me eventually though :)

You're right about Peyton/Nathan, I'm sure they were sleeping together but I kind of understood that they had been dating forever so it's not like Peyton is some kind of slut or something :p

I don't want Luke with Peyton because it seems to me that if they were together, they'd sit around and brood. He has fun with Brooke (though perhaps they should cut back on the alcohol consumption a bit :p) and there's not the drama there is with Peyton. Unless she shows up uninvited :p I think when Brooke is with Lucas, she tends to cut the crap a little more and be a better person, much like Nathan with Haley. I'm not sure how Lucas and Peyton could help/improve each other.

They're going to have to cook up some drama with Brooke and Lucas though because it would be boring if they just ran around having fun lol... I like all the drama with Peyton though, makes it interesting for me. One of my favorite scenes in the whole show was when Lucas and Peyton had their little "let's rip our clothes off" moment at the party!

I like Ephram and Madison :D Although, like she's pointed out, it's maaaaajorly illegal :p

It's illegal but it's not that wrong... I mean there's only 4 years difference. I've got a friend ( who's also 16) and her boyfriend is 20 or 21 and it's fine, nobody questions it or anything. Ephram and Madison are so great though :D I loved the scene where she went into his bedroom and kissed him :angel:

Nah, that territory is reserved for Nathan :p He and Peyton are Troubled and Deep :p And Dan is just an ass :p

I suspect there's more going on at Haley's house than meets the eye. What do you think?

You mean with Haley and Nathan? I'm not sure, they sure left it up to our imagination when Haley closed the door like that. Although I'm with Kate, Nathan just nearly died, don't think he'd be up for anything :o

I can see 'em for the first time :D Although I know the first few eps weren't all that good :p

The first few episodes were good at the time but they can't even compare to the later ones! You'll enjoy getting to know the characters though :yeah:

Murkofan
11-20-2003, 06:48 PM
Last night's episode was so awesome. Best one this season.

Again I still don't understand why Lucas and Nathan look so different? Dan and Karen both have dark brown hair. I doubt Luke would dye his hair. It looks more like the mothers should be switched. I hate it when shows do that. Not that I don't appreciate the Chad but come on. :rolleyes:

Recessive gene :p My dad has hazel eyes and my mom has brown eyes. I have brown eyes; my sister has blue eyes. Go figure.

I don't think Nathan and Haley did anything but it might be possible. I mean they obviously care about each other, but Nathan nearly died and I don't think he would be up for sex. :lol: But who knows. The writers just want us to think about that shit for 2 months for their Nathan/Haley cliffhanger of sorts.

You mean with Haley and Nathan? I'm not sure, they sure left it up to our imagination when Haley closed the door like that. Although I'm with Kate, Nathan just nearly died, don't think he'd be up for anything :o

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I agree, I don't think they had sex. I think they just slept together, literally. What I was referring to, though, was the fact that I wonder if everything at Haley's house is hunky-dory. We found out she comes from a large family, and I've always gotten the impression that she, like Luke, is less financially secure than Nathan and Brooke. (I have no clue where Peyton fits in.) Her parents were gone for the weekend, and to my knowledge, we've never met them...I don't know, I just wonder if whether she has an iffy relationship with her parents too, and whether or not anything will come up later on.

Murkofan
11-20-2003, 07:13 PM
Did you see the episode where Peyton freaked out and left the cheerleading squad? Granted she's back now ( :o ) but that episode really changed my opinion of her. And I like her drawings and stuff... I dunno, I just get the impression that she's deeper than Brooke, although I much prefer the Brooke with Lucas than the Brooke without Lucas. I imagine Brooke will grow on me eventually though :)

No, I didn't see that episode, but I'll try to catch it in reruns. Seems like we'll be getting a lot of those before another new ep :p Anyway, I would be more inclined to say that Peyton and Brooke are, er, equally deep :p They just have different personalities. Peyton is more reserved (I think Brooke mentioned something like that to Luke in the previous episode) and tends to withdraw from people. She expresses herself in her art. You might say she's the quintessential tortured artist :p Brooke, on the other hand, is much more extroverted. She drinks and messes around in an attempt to ignore/cover up any problems she's having. She wants to avoid any sort of deep thinking about her life, because parts of it depress her, and once you get started down that path it can be hard to stop. Brooke is more self-destructive (though she may not realize it) than Peyton, though the latter certainly makes enough problems for herself.

At least, that's my impression of both characters :p

You're right about Peyton/Nathan, I'm sure they were sleeping together but I kind of understood that they had been dating forever so it's not like Peyton is some kind of slut or something :p

I don't think she's a slut, just immoral :p But this is TV, where there are no morals, so whatever :p

I just meant that I think Peyton likes being a cheerleader and likes being popular. Sure, there are things she doesn't like about it, but for the most part, she's willing to deal with that because she likes being popular. That doesn't make her a bad person by any stretch of the imagination, I just don't care much for the character :p

They're going to have to cook up some drama with Brooke and Lucas though because it would be boring if they just ran around having fun lol... I like all the drama with Peyton though, makes it interesting for me. One of my favorite scenes in the whole show was when Lucas and Peyton had their little "let's rip our clothes off" moment at the party!

Aw, there could be plenty of drama with Lucas and Brooke. He's a Good Guy, and after a while, he'd get tired of just having fun. I think their relationship could be mutually beneficial; he'd lighten up a little, whereas he and Peyton would be broody together, and Brooke would grow up a little. But not too much :devil:

I covered my eyes during that moment :p

It's illegal but it's not that wrong... I mean there's only 4 years difference. I've got a friend ( who's also 16) and her boyfriend is 20 or 21 and it's fine, nobody questions it or anything. Ephram and Madison are so great though :D I loved the scene where she went into his bedroom and kissed him :angel:

Illegal pretty much always equals wrong :p There's no "not that" about it :p 4 years doesn't seem like a big deal, but it really is when one party is under the age of consent and the other isn't. Add to that that Andy placed Ephram under Madison's care, despite the fact that Ephram doesn't think much of that, and, well, it's doubly bad. I like them together too, but I know they shouldn't actually be together :p But it's all good, 'cause it's just a TV show :p

Chesty Larue
11-24-2003, 05:11 AM
Let me just add my 2 cents ;) :p For the record I'm not so sure Haley and Nathan didn't get their freak on :p First of all they set it up with the no folks bit..then you've got both of them all emotional, plus the way she was looking at him was rather intense. The closing of the door looked more purposeful than casual.

I don't buy that he almost died..he looked fine to me :p

All that being said..I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do anything :p Could very well be the writers trying to keep everyone guessing ;)

Off topic here..but slightly amusing that Haley was wearing the same t-shirt Kim had on during her pics at the beach with Marti :p

Murkofan
01-21-2004, 02:10 AM
Bump!

I lurrrrrrrrrrrrrve Nathan and Haley.

Angele
01-21-2004, 02:11 AM
Bump!

I lurrrrrrrrrrrrrve Nathan and Haley.
So do I :hearts: :hearts:

Angele
02-11-2004, 01:56 AM
omg omg omg somebody please tell reassure me that the writers would not kill of Lucas :unsure:

Chesty Larue
02-11-2004, 03:04 AM
omg omg omg somebody please tell reassure me that the writers would not kill of Lucas :unsure:

They're not going to kill off Lucas :p

However he deserves some pain for what he's doing! :fiery: He's being a complete rat bastard :p

Pff nice guy eh :rolleyes: Peyton too..but at the very least she's trying to back off..he's an even bigger jerk for pushing the issue.

Edit: I should point out that I know this because I am the Queen of Spoilers :D :angel: ..unfortunatly at least one bad spoiler coming :(

Chesty Larue
04-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Alright I'm giving this thread a bump ;)

There are now new episodes on if anyone still watches. :) Previews for next week show Nathan and Peyton kissing!! :eek: However I've heard it's suppose to be a friendly kiss (on the lips) so it's perhaps one of those previews that makes you think something is worst than it actually is :p

Previews also show Nathan topless with 'Boy Toy' written across his chest :lol: ;)

Kate05
04-09-2004, 12:04 AM
Oh it's definetly one of those things that looks worse than it is. At least that's what it sounds like from all the spoilers I've read. Lucas seeing it what makes it worse because he'll just blackmail Nathan and then tell Haley. Assface.

How funny was Haley as a cheerleader?! Whee! BJL can work it.

I like how the first couple epis out of the hiatus are generally angst free. Lightheartedness is good before they shove us back down the black hole of despair. This is exactly what I hated about Dawson's Creek.

Anybody else read the spoiler about how the finale is going to be centered on Nathan/Haley? I'm happy that they're going to focus on them, but that can't mean anything good right?

prifriends
04-09-2004, 12:38 AM
hello!! i found this thread by chance!! i also love OTH!!!..but since i live in Brazil we are far behind in the eps.!!!! and the ep. today as a rerun = ((
nice to see people talking about series aroud here!!!

Chesty Larue
04-09-2004, 02:31 AM
Oh it's definetly one of those things that looks worse than it is. At least that's what it sounds like from all the spoilers I've read. Lucas seeing it what makes it worse because he'll just blackmail Nathan and then tell Haley. Assface.

How funny was Haley as a cheerleader?! Whee! BJL can work it.

I like how the first couple epis out of the hiatus are generally angst free. Lightheartedness is good before they shove us back down the black hole of despair. This is exactly what I hated about Dawson's Creek.

Anybody else read the spoiler about how the finale is going to be centered on Nathan/Haley? I'm happy that they're going to focus on them, but that can't mean anything good right?

Yeah Lucas is kinda annoying now :p

She was working it lol ;)

I read a rumour that Haley is considering having sex with Nathan..supposedly it was for the finale. :aplot: Interesting if true..I think they've had enough crappy stuff already in their very brief relationship :p

Chesty Larue
04-21-2004, 06:56 PM
Wow what a great Haley/Nathan episode yesterday :D

I was really surprised! Given that Haley was clearly head over heels for Nathan and he appeared to be perhaps contemplating cheating..and then the previews showing Nathan all pissy about the tattoo and sex..I thought they were going downhill fast :p

Then all of a sudden he tells her he's fallen in love with her :eek: Adorable scene btw :angel: Haley was so cute :D Clearly floored by the news..she obviously thought he didn't feel as strongly as she did. Must have been a huge relief for her :p

The 2 of them are just so adorable! :angel:

They are by far the main reason I'm watching at this point..Lucas gets all the focus :rolleyes: and he's been really retarded lately :p

ooh side note..I just found out that Chad Murray (Lucas) and Sophia Bush (Brooke) are actually dating in real life :D

Murkofan
05-14-2004, 12:59 PM
I was very :eek: at Nathan and Haley getting married. I figured she'd end up moving in with him, but I wasn't expecting marriage. Although maybe I should have been, given the fact that she didn't want to have sex until she was married (good girl). I would assume Nathan is emancipated from Deb and Dan, but I doubt Haley is from her non-existent parents. I wonder how that issue will be handled next season...unless the age of consent for that sort of thing is 16 in North Carolina. Hm. Maybe I'll look that up. I'm also glad that Brooke and Peyton made up. I wouldn't cry if Lucas left and never came back :p

Does anyone else feel like OTH has gone through three seasons worth of material in one?

Murkofan
05-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Also, do any of y'all watch Smallville? I just ordered seasons 1 and 2 on DVD :o :p I don't think it's actually a very good show, but I love Lex and Chloe :p I :raz: at Clark and Lana. Tom Welling and Kristin Kruek can't act.

Chesty Larue
05-14-2004, 11:36 PM
I was floored at Nathan and Haley getting married. That convo they had in bed during the day was obviously about getting married while we all thought it was about sex :p

btw I really don't like those types of episodes that flip around back and forth :ras:

I'm pretty sure 16 is too young to legally marry without parental consent..me thinks this marriage isn't legal.

Chesty Larue
05-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Also, do any of y'all watch Smallville? I just ordered seasons 1 and 2 on DVD :o :p I don't think it's actually a very good show, but I love Lex and Chloe :p I :raz: at Clark and Lana. Tom Welling and Kristin Kruek can't act.

I watch it..but not recently. The whole story arc they've been doing totally lost my interest. I did see the last episode though..it's just so predictable :rolleyes:

I :ras: at your :ras: of Clark and Lana :p They're cute together..but their unrequited love story is losing steam fast imo. It takes good writing to be able to continue to walk that line without making it boring..and their writing has left much to be desired lately.

Murkofan
05-19-2004, 06:52 PM
I didn't watch it at all 'til this season, when I started watching intermittently (sp?). I lurve Lex and Chloe. Lex is just so goshdarn quasi-bad and attractive :p and I want to be Chloe when I grow up :D

Clark and Lana are booooooooooooring :p I just feel like yelling at them, "We get it!" Clark luuuuuuuuvs Lana but isn't willing to trust her, and Lana is attracted to him but won't commit until she knows What Clark Isn't Telling Her. Lex and Chloe (despite her limited screentime, which is a horrible waste of talent and potentially good storylines) are much more interesting :p I'm hoping that next season there'll be lots of ChLex, given the fact that they're in it together against Lionel...and that she's turning 18 ;) :p

The writing on Alias has been sucking this season too, which is why I've quit watching and rely on weekly updates from a friend :p

Murkofan
05-19-2004, 06:55 PM
I'm pretty sure 16 is too young to legally marry without parental consent..me thinks this marriage isn't legal.

Maybe Haley's non-existent parents are ultra liberal and said "Sure, go right on ahead sweetie, he's rich ;) " :p Or maybe Haley, in all of her smartness, has been working off-screen on getting emancipated like Nathan.

Or maybe she forgot to utilize her smartness to do some fact-checking, and the marriage is illegal :p

Chesty Larue
05-19-2004, 11:49 PM
I didn't watch it at all 'til this season, when I started watching intermittently (sp?). I lurve Lex and Chloe. Lex is just so goshdarn quasi-bad and attractive :p and I want to be Chloe when I grow up :D

Clark and Lana are booooooooooooring :p I just feel like yelling at them, "We get it!" Clark luuuuuuuuvs Lana but isn't willing to trust her, and Lana is attracted to him but won't commit until she knows What Clark Isn't Telling Her. Lex and Chloe (despite her limited screentime, which is a horrible waste of talent and potentially good storylines) are much more interesting :p I'm hoping that next season there'll be lots of ChLex, given the fact that they're in it together against Lionel...and that she's turning 18 ;) :p

The writing on Alias has been sucking this season too, which is why I've quit watching and rely on weekly updates from a friend :p

Well when the series first began Lana had a boyfriend and Clark simply watched her from afar :p and the unrequited bit actually worked well. They didn't know each other well so they got to know each other, became friends and the feelings appeared on both sides. However they decided last season I think to have Clark go for it with Lana only to have them screwed up a few episodes later. It's from that point imo it started to suck. As you mentioned he's not willing/is afraid to trust her..she won't commit till he does trust her..blah blah blah my heart is breaking :rolleyes:

I like Chloe..her character is cool..but Lex really doesn't hold out any appeal to me :p

It's awful hard to keep an audience these days..I extend my sympathies to the writers :p

Chesty Larue
05-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Maybe Haley's non-existent parents are ultra liberal and said "Sure, go right on ahead sweetie, he's rich ;) " :p Or maybe Haley, in all of her smartness, has been working off-screen on getting emancipated like Nathan.

Or maybe she forgot to utilize her smartness to do some fact-checking, and the marriage is illegal :p

I can't imagine Haley would want to get emancipated. What little we know of her family seems to indicate they get along fine. Her parents are just never there :p which is fine with me actually..there are enough characters on the show as it is at the moment, they really don't need to throw in an extra set of folks.

I imagine it's the latter..she forgot to utilize her smartness. Haley's gotten into the habit of being rather flighty when she's around Nathan or when Nathan is concerned :p Ahh l'amour :lol:

Murkofan
05-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Well when the series first began Lana had a boyfriend and Clark simply watched her from afar :p and the unrequited bit actually worked well. They didn't know each other well so they got to know each other, became friends and the feelings appeared on both sides. However they decided last season I think to have Clark go for it with Lana only to have them screwed up a few episodes later. It's from that point imo it started to suck. As you mentioned he's not willing/is afraid to trust her..she won't commit till he does trust her..blah blah blah my heart is breaking :rolleyes:

I like Chloe..her character is cool..but Lex really doesn't hold out any appeal to me :p

It's awful hard to keep an audience these days..I extend my sympathies to the writers :p

From what I've watched of my first season DVDs, Clark and Lana and Lana herself were not nearly so annoying then. Of course, the show wasn't so all. about. them as it seems to have become in seasons two and three...a little angst is good, but WB shows always seem to go overboard. Plus Tom Welling and Kristin Kreuk can't act :p

I love all the evilness and mindgames that go on between Lionel and Lex. I also love the idea of seeing Lex go on a downward spiral to the Dark Side, much like Anakin Skywalker. Or if you're not into fantasy and sci-fi, Macbeth :p Something about seeing people slowly become eeeeeeevil really appeals to me :p And Michael Rosenbaum is hot and can act, which may have something to do with it :p

Chloe is just cool. Being overly curious, intrepid girl reporters ourselves, my friend Kyla (the one who keeps me updated on Alias and originally got me interested in Smallville by yammering on about it in class) and I identify with her a lot :p I'm glad she's at least mostly stopped mooning over Clark, who is an unattractive asshat. She needs to hook up with Lex and get a bit more in touch with her own Dark Side :D And somehow become a contributing factor to Lex's fall from grace :D

I refuse to believe that Chloe is dead. I think there's a good chance that Gabe is, but I'm betting that instead of the front door closing behind Chloe as she went inside, she actually closed it behind her as she went back towards the driveway for...something :p Allison Mack is back next year, so unless she's playing Chloe's long-lost brunette cousin Lois Lane, Chloe lives :p

Murkofan
05-20-2004, 03:03 PM
I can't imagine Haley would want to get emancipated. What little we know of her family seems to indicate they get along fine. Her parents are just never there :p which is fine with me actually..there are enough characters on the show as it is at the moment, they really don't need to throw in an extra set of folks.

I imagine it's the latter..she forgot to utilize her smartness. Haley's gotten into the habit of being rather flighty when she's around Nathan or when Nathan is concerned :p Ahh l'amour :lol:

I'm not saying she hates her family or anything, just that she knew that--sensibly--her parents wouldn't consent to her getting married, and so she got emancipated so she wouldn't need their permission. I agree that there are enough characters on the show, but I still find it somewhat odd that (to my knowledge, at least) we've never seen any member of her family or even heard their names. We never saw Nathan meet her parents or even mention them, Luke and Karen never ask after them...it's just odd. I understand not fitting it in from a storytelling standpoint since they aren't involved in the plot at all, but still. Personally, I think it would be interesting if, when and if any of Haley's family ever does show up, we learn that her home life is unhappy. It would be easy to kind of retconn her job, excellent grades, and afterschool activities (tutoring) into excuses to be out of the house as much as possible. It would also give her and Nathan a common background and bond other than Lucas and the fact that they lurrrrrrve each other.

But yes, Nathan does tend to make Haley flighty and spontaneous :p But who can blame her? :drool: :p

Chesty Larue
05-20-2004, 09:01 PM
From what I've watched of my first season DVDs, Clark and Lana and Lana herself were not nearly so annoying then. Of course, the show wasn't so all. about. them as it seems to have become in seasons two and three...a little angst is good, but WB shows always seem to go overboard. Plus Tom Welling and Kristin Kreuk can't act :p

I love all the evilness and mindgames that go on between Lionel and Lex. I also love the idea of seeing Lex go on a downward spiral to the Dark Side, much like Anakin Skywalker. Or if you're not into fantasy and sci-fi, Macbeth :p Something about seeing people slowly become eeeeeeevil really appeals to me :p And Michael Rosenbaum is hot and can act, which may have something to do with it :p

Chloe is just cool. Being overly curious, intrepid girl reporters ourselves, my friend Kyla (the one who keeps me updated on Alias and originally got me interested in Smallville by yammering on about it in class) and I identify with her a lot :p I'm glad she's at least mostly stopped mooning over Clark, who is an unattractive asshat. She needs to hook up with Lex and get a bit more in touch with her own Dark Side :D And somehow become a contributing factor to Lex's fall from grace :D

I refuse to believe that Chloe is dead. I think there's a good chance that Gabe is, but I'm betting that instead of the front door closing behind Chloe as she went inside, she actually closed it behind her as she went back towards the driveway for...something :p Allison Mack is back next year, so unless she's playing Chloe's long-lost brunette cousin Lois Lane, Chloe lives :p

Yeah so you've seen when Lana/Clark didn't suck..hopefully they'll manage to get back to that point again somehow :p

I'm shocking that the evil appeals to you :p I get what you're saying cause I do enjoy the fantasy and sci-fi..I'm rather nerdy like that :p Actually it's not my fault..my mom digs sci-fi so she passed that on to me :p Anyhoo I've veared far off track, back to the convo at hand.

Mooning Chloe sucked ass! She's so much better now that she isn't all googly eyes over Clark :rolleyes: Plus she was rather bitchy about it all when it didn't really work out..I don't think her character should be bitchy and bitter. Clark unattractive!! :eek: Bite your tongue woman! :fiery:

How are they gonna explain her not getting blowed to bits though? She looked like she blew up for sure..however if you say Alison Mack will be back then obviously she got out of it somehow..

That final scene with Clark in the fetal position was too funny..I was like what the hell was that?! Plus the wayyyy over the top opera music going on in the background :p I know it's suppose to be all dramatic and stuff but when the music is distracting, it's not good.

Chesty Larue
05-20-2004, 09:05 PM
I'm not saying she hates her family or anything, just that she knew that--sensibly--her parents wouldn't consent to her getting married, and so she got emancipated so she wouldn't need their permission. I agree that there are enough characters on the show, but I still find it somewhat odd that (to my knowledge, at least) we've never seen any member of her family or even heard their names. We never saw Nathan meet her parents or even mention them, Luke and Karen never ask after them...it's just odd. I understand not fitting it in from a storytelling standpoint since they aren't involved in the plot at all, but still. Personally, I think it would be interesting if, when and if any of Haley's family ever does show up, we learn that her home life is unhappy. It would be easy to kind of retconn her job, excellent grades, and afterschool activities (tutoring) into excuses to be out of the house as much as possible. It would also give her and Nathan a common background and bond other than Lucas and the fact that they lurrrrrrve each other.

But yes, Nathan does tend to make Haley flighty and spontaneous :p But who can blame her? :drool: :p

Perhaps they're saving a story about her family for later :confused: It is kinda funny they've never really been mentioned (Haley did talk about them briefly with Nathan once) ..but then again neither has Brooke's family.

ok you find Clark unattractive but Nathan hot? You're odd :p Yeah Nathan is good looking..but he's nothing too special imo. Neither is Lucas for that matter although I'm sure a lot of girls would disagree with me ;)

Murkofan
05-21-2004, 01:30 PM
Yeah so you've seen when Lana/Clark didn't suck..hopefully they'll manage to get back to that point again somehow :p

I'm shocking that the evil appeals to you :p I get what you're saying cause I do enjoy the fantasy and sci-fi..I'm rather nerdy like that :p Actually it's not my fault..my mom digs sci-fi so she passed that on to me :p Anyhoo I've veared far off track, back to the convo at hand.

Mooning Chloe sucked ass! She's so much better now that she isn't all googly eyes over Clark :rolleyes: Plus she was rather bitchy about it all when it didn't really work out..I don't think her character should be bitchy and bitter. Clark unattractive!! :eek: Bite your tongue woman! :fiery:

How are they gonna explain her not getting blowed to bits though? She looked like she blew up for sure..however if you say Alison Mack will be back then obviously she got out of it somehow..

That final scene with Clark in the fetal position was too funny..I was like what the hell was that?! Plus the wayyyy over the top opera music going on in the background :p I know it's suppose to be all dramatic and stuff but when the music is distracting, it's not good.

Clark and Lana have jumped the shark :p

My sister is the reason I dig sci-fi. One of my earliest memories is of her parking me in front of the TV in the living room and making me watch a SciFi Channel marathon of the original trilogy. "This stuff is awesome. You have to love Star Wars." You got it, sis :p

I just explained to you how Chloe avoided getting blown to bits :p She went back down the driveway for something and avoided the brunt of the blast :p I mean, come on. She got thrown out of a third-story window and only broke her arm, and Lex survived a plane crash into the ocean for heaven's sake :p If Chloe is dead, odds are I won't watch next season, since all I'm really interested in is Lionel/Lex/Chloe.

Clark in the fetal position was rather humorous. Was I imagining things, or was he naked except for a pair of sneakers? :p I could be wrong there, though :p This whole "Jor-El is evil" thing is annoying. I know this doesn't necessarily follow comic canon, but there, Jor-El was actually the smartest and most noble of all Kryptonians. I don't like him being evil.

The classical music/destruction montage was a cheesy homage to the Godfather movies :p GH likes to do the same thing a lot :p

Murkofan
05-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Perhaps they're saving a story about her family for later :confused: It is kinda funny they've never really been mentioned (Haley did talk about them briefly with Nathan once) ..but then again neither has Brooke's family.

ok you find Clark unattractive but Nathan hot? You're odd :p Yeah Nathan is good looking..but he's nothing too special imo. Neither is Lucas for that matter although I'm sure a lot of girls would disagree with me ;)

Yeah, I remember the episode where Nathan was in her room, all hopped up on drugs. I got the impression that she was the baby in a big family.

Clark is sooooooo not hot. Nathan is :p He's a decent actor, and he gets nice and bitchy every so often, which appeals to me. When Clark gets bitchy, I just want to yell "Hypocrite!" at the screen since, you know, he gets pissy when his friends "betray" him when all he does is lie to them. (Reminds me of Sonny :eek: ) Plus he's just big and dumb, and Tom Welling can't act.

Murkofan
08-28-2004, 02:32 PM
Bump!

I lurrrrrrrrrrve Nathan and Haley :p

Murkofan
09-22-2004, 02:09 AM
:eek: @ Deb not calling 911 right away. Though I can't say I blame her :p I was lmao when she told Dan he was the "assiest ass" in the world for most of their marriage :rolls:

A whole bunch of :eek: :fiery: :eek: :fiery: :eek: @ Deb for telling Nathan and Haley it was their fault! That was horrible, especially since she was just displacing her own guilt. Yeah, Deb, you're complaining that Haley helped take Nathan away. Being so horrid to his wife and blaming Dan's heart attack on both of them is really gonna make Nathan want to be closer to you :rolleyes:

While Nathan's parents are being assy, Haley's are hilarious :haha: Nice to finally meet them, too :p

:rolleyes: @ melodramatic Lucas. But then, I don't like him too much, so :p And wasn't it just typical of Dan to open his eyes when Keith and Karen are hugging :rolleyes:

I lurrrrrrrrrve Nathan and Haley :hearts:

Chesty Larue
09-22-2004, 02:38 AM
Haley's folks were awesome! :D :haha:

Who was the chick suppose to be? :scratch: when Haley and Nathan walked in..I was confused :confused:

Big Awwww for Haley and Nathan cause they somehow managed to get even cuter :angel: :hearts:

I was a little :fiery: at Deb too..she knew very well who's fault it was :(

Did you see the previews for next week..Haley finally letting loose on Deb! :eek: :p

Murkofan
09-22-2004, 03:31 AM
I think that chick was just a friend of Haley's mom. I thought at first that she WAS Haley's mom, and that we were going to find out that Haley and her siblings were all adopted :p In any case, that chick was pretty funny too. "You know she's still a virgin, though I don't understand why" :p

I totally, TOTALLY understand Deb not being thrilled with the marriage, but I think she's also going overboard. It's like she suddenly thinks Haley is out to cause her pain and just wants Nathan for his money or something :confused: Haley likes her, and she loooooooves Haley until she realizes they're married, and then BAM! She turns around totally. I hope this doesn't go on all season, because I actually like Deb.

Chesty Larue
09-22-2004, 04:36 AM
I think that chick was just a friend of Haley's mom. I thought at first that she WAS Haley's mom, and that we were going to find out that Haley and her siblings were all adopted :p In any case, that chick was pretty funny too. "You know she's still a virgin, though I don't understand why" :p

I totally, TOTALLY understand Deb not being thrilled with the marriage, but I think she's also going overboard. It's like she suddenly thinks Haley is out to cause her pain and just wants Nathan for his money or something :confused: Haley likes her, and she loooooooves Haley until she realizes they're married, and then BAM! She turns around totally. I hope this doesn't go on all season, because I actually like Deb.

lol I thought the same thing..that the chick was her mom and Haley was adopted. It was just a little odd.

I hope Deb comes around pretty soon as well. You're right..the whole turn around is weird :unsure: She knows Haley and everything she's done for Nathan..it seems wrong to just throw that all out. I thought maybe it was just cause she was emotional but clearly next episode she's still upset about it.

Murkofan
09-23-2004, 05:24 PM
I'd be upset too, but the sooner Deb realizes that what's done is done and that being so bitchy to Haley will only drive Nathan further away, the better.

Why is the show called One Tree Hill? I mean, I know the town is called Tree Hill, but where does the One come from? :p

Chesty Larue
09-23-2004, 06:06 PM
Well at the end of last season when Lucas was leaving Karen told him remember..."there's only one Tree Hill" :p

Although before that episode I figured it was maybe the address of the school or something :confused: :p

Murkofan
09-29-2004, 02:19 AM
Well at the end of last season when Lucas was leaving Karen told him remember..."there's only one Tree Hill" :p

That makes sense, in a really retarded kind of way :p And thank God there's only one Tree Hill; nobody needs so much drama so young :p

:woohoo: :clap2: :worship: to Haley for telling off Deb! Again, I totally understand where Deb's coming from, but she's really not helping the situation, you know? What's done is done, she has no control over what happens and she can't go back and change what did, so she needs to chill out. All she's doing is making things harder on herself. I really hope she and Dan don't go all EvilSoapOpera!parents on us and do sneaky things to try and break Nathan and Haley up. That would backfire in the long run and be incredibly immature and stupid...which means it'll probably happen :p

I thought tonight's episode was really well-written. The sub-plot with Brooke putting Peyton on Lust Factor was hilarious. Oh, and Skillz gave Lucas some excellent advice :yeah:

I have to admit, when I saw the previews for next week's episode, I freaked out a bit. No way can Nathan be about to cheat on Haley! Then I realized, of course he's not, because the WB promos always misconstrue what actually happens in the episode :p

I still love Nathan and Haley :hearts: and Haley's parents :haha:

Chesty Larue
09-29-2004, 05:14 AM
What the heck man! Nice Dan is freaking me out! :eek: :p

Yeah I agree about Deb :rolleyes: We get you don't like it but keep yourself in check :( She's only pushing them all further away. Haley had ever right to freak on her and I agree with her. You tell her Haley! :p

Yeah that promo is totally bogus :p There is no way he's gonna cheat on her. It's just meant to be very misleading. But Haley missing the pole and bailing :o :haha: :o :haha: Then Brooke..that's gonna leave a mark :lol:

Oh and I agree..Haley's parents are the best! :D :worship: Nice speeches by everyone too :angel:

I don't get Deb and Dan's whole we have to get him back thing :scratch: Just be nice to him and respect his wife you dolts :p It ain't that tough.

Hee did you notice that little internet shout out? Peyton got 'Naley Forever' on her leg :D Looks like tptb venture online since they used Naley ;)

I wouldn't worry too much about Nathan and Haley..Here's a quote from an article in tv guide I think..It was about the new season.

"Nathan and Haley won't be spliting anytime soon, says Executive Producer Mark Schwahn. "I'm a real fan of their relationship. I think they're good together." "

Murkofan
09-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Don't worry, Assy!Dan will be back in the 4th episode :p I actually wouldn't mind if he stayed quasi-nice, because last season he was just inhumanly assy :p He should still be the main eeeevil character, but come on, he has to have SOME proper thoughts and feelings, otherwise he'd be a sociopath :p

Haley missing the pole was hilarious :haha: And being a totally dorky, clumsy drunk seems in character :p

Well, we know Dan isn't the smartest crayon in the box, and the whole heart attack/marriage thing seems to have turned Deb somewhat loco as well :p So we shouldn't be too surprised that they're wigging out over "getting Nathan back." Like you said, holding their tongues and being respectful to Nathan and Haley would do wonders on that front :p Oh, and they need to stop thinking of him as a boy. He's married and living out on his own. Deal with it! :p And it's not like they, and Dan in particular, cared too much about his feelings or how he was adjusted when they were all living together :rolleyes:

But I think I've ranted about that enough, at least until next week :p

I did notice Naley Forever :D I thought that was really neat. And Nathan and Haley ARE good together! :D :hearts: I'm up for some problems and drama, but no divorce :fiery: Show up the Scotts and prove 'em wrong! :fiery: :D

Chesty Larue
10-06-2004, 09:52 PM
omg seriously..what the hell is wrong with Deb and Dan?! :fiery: They're plotting to destroy their own son's marriage! :mad: My patience for them is running really low :(

Anyhoo yay Nathan and Haley for having bachelor and bachelorette parties and coming home to realize they love each other even more :hearts: :angel:

Murkofan
10-13-2004, 09:40 PM
Err, haven't seen the past two episodes :o 'cause I've switched to Veronica Mars :p My love for that show knows no bounds :hearts:

So catch me up, 'kay? :p And if you watch Veronica Mars too (AND YOU SHOULD) I'll start a thread for that :p

Chesty Larue
10-14-2004, 03:57 AM
Well if I watch Veronica Mars then I've got to wait around till midnight for One Tree Hill :p

umm so what happened yesterday. Well a new guy hit the town. His name is Felix and he's loud, annoying and bossy..as Peyton and Haley told Brooke (who took an immediate dislike to him..he's her neighbor) he's you in pants :p Great line :D

Umm Haley got upset at Nathan cause instead of buying a car like they agreed on he got her a gift...a keyboard, to develop her talent. Aww Nathan you're so cute :angel: She adored it but told him to take it back cause they can't afford to mess with money..they don't really have any :p Nathan btw is working for Keith at Dan Scott Motors. So Nathan took Keith about what happened and Keith is fixing up this old car..he told Nathan they could work on it together and Nathan could have it. So Haley gets to keep her keyboard and Nathan will fix them a car :p yay everyone wins..Haley was thrilled! :D

Brooke is now broke..her dad's business went under and she's having a bit of a hard time dealing..Peyton and her talked..it helped her out.

Dan is still being nice :eek: Although Lucas thinks he's trying to buy his love and Nathan still dislikes him so it ain't getting him very far :p

umm other stuff..but lord you know how much happens on this show :p

▄︻┻┳═
10-14-2004, 06:22 AM
Luke's nose looks kinda funny... :devil: