The New ~Victory Pose~! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The New ~Victory Pose~!

tangerine_dream
02-20-2006, 08:03 PM
See the new trend that Marat Safin has started? A full year goes by after his famous waiting for Roger at the net pose and now suddenly everybody's doing it. Roger at AO this year; Ivan at Zagreb, and now Carlos at Buenos Aires. ;)

What does this pose mean? Let's psycho-analyze it. It could mean that the victor had such a tough win that he honors his opponent by hanging onto the net so that he can remain standing because his legs are now jelly. What do you think? Deep thoughts only!

Damn Fillipo, you knocked the wind outta me. I'm old. I'm tired. But I still beat you hahahaha!
http://i1.tinypic.com/o7kak7.jpg

David Kenzie
02-20-2006, 08:04 PM
I doubt Marat Safin was the first tennis player to do that.

Bagelicious
02-20-2006, 08:10 PM
I doubt Marat Safin was the first tennis player to do that.

I think I will go further and unequivocally say Marat Safin was NOT the first player to do that. In fact, I put forward the hypothesis that as long as there have been tennis nets and tired tennis players at the end of a match, a pose like this can be found throughout tennis history.

PaulieM
02-20-2006, 08:20 PM
I think I will go further and unequivocally say Marat Safin was NOT the first player to do that. In fact, I put forward the hypothesis that as long as there have been tennis nets and tired tennis players at the end of a match, a pose like this can be found throughout tennis history.
really, you think so? i'd like some solid proof ;)
oh and don't make fun of carlos because he's old tangy. :o being that hot takes a lot out of you, no wonder he's tired. :p

tangerine_dream
02-20-2006, 08:21 PM
I disagree and I defy you to come up with proof that Marat did not invent this pose. :angel: