pim pim postcard project [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

pim pim postcard project

foolish pleasure
02-20-2006, 05:32 PM
i thought it might be kind of neat if we sent joachim a get well postcard that had traveled all around the world getting postage and postmarks from everywhere we all are.

it could work something like this:
one of us gets a large postcard, signs it, and mails it to another one of us, who then signs it and mails it to another one of us, who signs it and mails it to another one and so on until the last person mails it to joachim. we could use an mtf thread here to "tag" each other--who received it last and who was supposed to receive it next-- so we know who to yell at if it gets hung up somewhere :p.

and nope, i have no clue what his address is :p but there are 2 options:
1. mail it to img
2. mail it to him care of the sodertalje post master

so what do you think? too silly? :o :shrug:

Sommarsverige
02-20-2006, 08:04 PM
I donīt think itīs a silly idea at all, I like the idea :yeah:

I would definitely be part in it :) I donīt know his address in Sweden, but I know a guy from the Swedish tennis association quite well, so I am sure he would give the card to Pim Pim!

Thereīs only one thing I have been thinking about what might appear a bit strange to Pim Pim and this is that he has been injured for more than 6 months,
and did not get anything, but now when he officially is back and maybe has a smaller injury again, we send him a postcard.
But maybe we could also explain this on the card, itīs only that I have been thinking about it...

margaret_gn
02-20-2006, 10:33 PM
:wavey: I think it's a really cute idea! I'm sure he'll love it! but just a question, when you said that we mail it to each other first, do we use envelopes or do we just write each other's address on the postcard? wouldn't the postman get confused then?
and isn't he living in monaco now or is he in sodertalje during his recovery/surgery? i mean either way if Birte could pass it onto her friend it'll be much simpler too :)

foolish pleasure
02-20-2006, 11:45 PM
: do we use envelopes or do we just write each other's address on the postcard? wouldn't the postman get confused then?
no, no envelopes, or the collecting of international postage and post marks won't work. so maybe, the first person could write the address of the second person on the card itself, and then every other person could just put an address label over the previous address, so only one "to" address is showing at a time?
:and isn't he living in monaco now or is he in sodertalje during his recovery/surgery? i mean either way if Birte could pass it onto her friend it'll be much simpler too :)
is he living in monaco or just "living" in monaco for tax purposes? he grew up in sodertalje, so he and his family are probably pretty well known there --it's not a very big city...and there are fewer celebrities living there--the post office in monte carlo is probably deluged with mail for marat alone! :p

but ya, for sure it would be way be simpler to just let birte's friend pass it on to joachim!--if he would. :)

i would hope joachim would like it and not be too creeped out by it :o (i am not sure how i would feel if there were strange people talking about me and sending me junk in the mail--i guess it would kind of depend on whether i liked what they had to say or not...and how high they ranked on my internal creep-ometer! :eek: ) :lol:

:Thereīs only one thing I have been thinking about what might appear a bit strange to Pim Pim and this is that he has been injured for more than 6 months,
and did not get anything, but now when he officially is back and maybe has a smaller injury again, we send him a postcard.

that's true! maybe "welcome back" or "kom igen" or "good luck" then? :)

ps: glad both of you liked the idea :hug:

midsommardagen
02-21-2006, 03:30 AM
I like this idea foolish pleasure! :yeah: I'm sure Pim Pim will like it too. but just like Birte has said, maybe you should come up with this idea 7 monthes earlier! :p :hug:

so maybe, the first person could write the address of the second person on the card itself, and then every other person could just put an address label over the previous address, so only one "to" address is showing at a time?

well, then the address part will be thicker and thicker from one place to another...

How about we taking this postcard to post office and asking the staff there sealing a postmark on the card? then we mail it to next person IN an envelope? So when Pim Pim get this postcard it is still a collection of international postmarks.

Cami
02-21-2006, 08:10 AM
OMg! That is such a good idea im sure pimpim will lurv it!!!! I hope it happens....

margaret_gn
02-21-2006, 08:10 AM
How about we taking this postcard to post office and asking the staff there sealing a postmark on the card? then we mail it to next person IN an envelope? So when Pim Pim get this postcard it is still a collection of international postmarks.

i like that idea pina :yeah: so, just to make sure i understood it properly:
we ask the post office to stamp the postmark ON the postcard, then put it in an envelope and write the address of the next person on the envelope, and put a stamp on it and send it.
then the next person discards the envelope and ask their post office to stamp the postcard again, puts it in a new envelope and send it to the next person and so on. so at the end, pimpim will receive it in an envelope addressed to him, from Birte's friend, and when he opens it, he'll get the postcard with many stamps of postmarks on it. am i right?

i think we should start compiling a list of who's gonna do it and the order in which we're sending it too, so it doesn't take too long. I mean like people in the same country can do it right after each other so it doens't have to pass the same country twice, and because local mail gets delivered faster...

margaret_gn
02-21-2006, 08:18 AM
is he LIVING in monaco or just "living" in monaco for tax purposes? he grew up in sodertalje, so he and his family are probably pretty well known there --it's not a very big city...and there are fewer celebrities living there--the post office in monte carlo is probably deluged with mail for marat alone! :p but ya, for sure it would be way be simpler to just let birte's friend pass it on to joachim--if he would. :)

i'm pretty sure someone posted an article here ages ago about him moving to monaco from sodertalje, but eitherway i'm sure he still has a house in sweden and we're just going to get birte to pass it onto her friend. that seems the easiest way.

i would hope joachim would like it and not be too creeped out by it :o (i am not sure how i would feel if there were strange people talking about me and sending me junk in the mail--i guess it would kinda depend on whether i liked what they had to say or not...and how high they ranked on my internal creep-ometer! :eek: ) :lol:

he won't be freaked out i'm sure, he needs to get used to it cos he does have lots of fans :D and he'll only get encouraged by what we have to say. plus a few of us have sent him fan letters etc before too, so we're not total strangers :)

that's true! maybe "welcome back" or "kom igen" or "good luck" then? :)
ps: glad both of you liked the idea :hug:

the three you mentioned sound good too :) and i think it'll also be a good idea if each of us also can write a short message, so it's not just a signature? only if you want though, not everyone has to do it if they don't want to...

and thanks to you for coming up with such a brilliant idea :yeah:

Kristen
02-21-2006, 08:40 AM
Great concept, just not sure how successful it will be with the Pimsters. We are kind of hopeless, or at least we have been in the past (when we did the folder for him!!). Maybe times have changed :lol:

Kat!
02-21-2006, 10:47 AM
I think it's a cute idea too :) Although I do understand Kristen's concerns - I tend to procrastinate too, but I guess if the postcard arrives in my postbox I will feel kind of "responsible" and don't want to lose it! loool.

so we can't write long-ish messages right? if it's on a postcard...? just a few words and sign our name?

foolish pleasure
02-21-2006, 07:47 PM
I like this idea foolish pleasure! :yeah: I'm sure Pim Pim will like it too. but just like Birte has said, maybe you should come up with this idea 7 monthes earlier! :p :hug:
better late than never! :p

i was brand new 7 months ago...;) it would have been very presumptuous of me to start proposing grandiose schemes back then ;) (plus it only occurred to me the other day... :o )
well, then the address part will be thicker and thicker from one place to another...
so? :devil: :hug:
there's only like maybe 12 of us altogether--it won't be that thick...does it really matter if the address part is thick? :scratch:

foolish pleasure
02-21-2006, 07:51 PM
Great concept, just not sure how successful it will be with the Pimsters. We are kind of hopeless, or at least we have been in the past (when we did the folder for him!!). Maybe times have changed :lol:
:lol:

what ever happened with your folder?

ps: i give this endeavor maybe 4.7% chance of success but...i'm a sucker for longshots ;)

foolish pleasure
02-21-2006, 08:02 PM
I think it's a cute idea too :) Although I do understand Kristen's concerns - I tend to procrastinate too, but I guess if the postcard arrives in my postbox I will feel kind of "responsible" and don't want to lose it! loool.

so we can't write long-ish messages right? if it's on a postcard...? just a few words and sign our name?

there won't be too much space, so to be fair to all, we'd probably have to restrict everybody to at most:

just a few words of support ("kom igen pim pim!" or "lycka till joachim" for instance)
our autographs ;)
our MTF name
and our location
(but you could just sign it too)

this also will help to forestall "failure-through-procrastination:" it's the thinking of something to say that causes most of it, me thinks! :p

TO ALL:
so--are we going to try it?

Sommarsverige
02-21-2006, 08:55 PM
there won't be too much space, so to be fair to all, we'd probably have to restrict everybody to at most:

just a few words of support ("kom igen pim pim!" or "lycka till joachim" for instance)
our autographs ;)
our MTF name
and our location
(but you could just sign it too)

this also will help to forestall failure-through-procrastination: it's the thinking of something to say that causes most of it! :p

TO ALL:
so--are we going to try it?

Yes, of course :yeah:

Will you start and buy a postcard foolish pleasure? (btw, what is your real name? I am sure itīs much shorter :lol: )

margaret_gn
02-21-2006, 10:16 PM
ok let's get started :D

make sure you get a rather huge postcard Foolish Pleasure!
i don't mind either way (about the address labels etc) :)

Ashie_87
02-22-2006, 06:23 AM
hee cute thread name!:D

Count me in for this. It's a nice idea:) I don't mind either about how the addresses. Either way would probably work

Kristen
02-22-2006, 08:53 AM

what ever happened with your folder?

ps: i give this endeavor maybe 4.7% chance of success but...i'm a sucker for longshots ;) I saw him training one morning in Sydney, and there were a few fans around / he exited through the back gate so I went to his mum and said "Excuse me...you're Joachim's mother...right? Could you please give this to him... it's a gift from his fans" and gave her the folder, plus a little box of chocolates (he'd just won Adelaide) and a book from kat :yeah:

PS. You can read about it in this thread:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=19845

It'd be a good read, if you have a lot of time :lol:. Just take note of the dates, and the constant reiteration :lol: It actually worked out well in the end :yeah:

foolish pleasure
02-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Yes, of course :yeah:

Will you start and buy a postcard foolish pleasure? (btw, what is your real name? I am sure itīs much shorter :lol: )

:)

okey dokey

to all, please read over the list that follows to make sure i got you and to make sure i got where you live right:

who/where list:
kristin are you in?
sommarsverige--germany?
ashie87 (?)--australia
margaret_gn--australia?
*~kat--australia
Cami--australia
midsommardagen--antarctica? china? sweden? ;)
foolish pleasure--usa

anyone else?

foolish pleasure
02-22-2006, 02:13 PM
I saw him training one morning in Sydney, and there were a few fans around / he exited through the back gate so I went to his mum and said "Excuse me...you're Joachim's mother...right? Could you please give this to him... it's a gift from his fans" and gave her the folder, plus a little box of chocolates (he'd just won Adelaide) and a book from kat :yeah:

PS. You can read about it in this thread:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=19845

It'd be a good read, if you have a lot of time :lol:. Just take note of the dates, and the constant reiteration :lol: It actually worked out well in the end :yeah:

:worship: kristin the bold! :worship:
you are so brave! i could never do that!

a couple of years ago at key biscayne (miami tms) someone tugged on one of my braids, and i turned around all ready to be mad (i don't really like be tugged on by strangers), but marat safin was who was behind me--i did a double-take so hard i almost fell backwards, and was so self-conscious and uncomfortable that when he asked, "please, can you tell me where is court number 5?" i just walked away! :o :lol: :o

ps: what book did you give pim?

margaret_gn
02-22-2006, 05:40 PM
:lol: that's hilarious! you should post your story on GM, the "times i've embarrassed myself in pront of players" thread... poor Marat!

but yeah, just to confirm, i'm pretty sure this is right:

Kristen: Australia
sommarsverige: (Birte) Germany
ashie87: Australia
margaret_gn: Australia
*~kat: Australia
Cami: Australia
midsommardagen: (Pina) Philippines (i think... am i right??)
foolish pleasure: (Kel) USA

there were a few more pimsters last time for the folder project... so i'd imagine they just haven't visited the thread yet:
jmgsdoubsprtnr
Aleksa's Laydee
Sharon
Jexy
Canuck_Chick

but then some of the above i haven't seen online on MTF for a while though.... is there a *cough* deadline?

Sommarsverige
02-22-2006, 09:59 PM
I have been wondering about Jexy, Canuck_Chick and Sharon as well, havenīt seen them for ages :(
Hopefully they will read it now and participate as well :)

About Siobhan and Alison, I just think they are maybe not the biggest Pim Pim fans... if I am wrong, please let us know ;)

Kristen
02-23-2006, 12:23 AM
OMG FP you have a name :D lol :yeah:
I think the book was about Aussie slang... I don't remember. Kat!?! I'm up for the postcard, yeah... yet another Aussie. A few of us are from Sydney it seems ^_^

LOL... Siobhan and Alison are much bigger PimPim fans than I am :haha:

Margaret... I think we need a deadline. Or three. :tape:

Kat!
02-23-2006, 11:03 AM
I think the book was about Aussie slang... I don't remember. Kat!?! I'm up for the postcard, yeah... yet another Aussie. A few of us are from Sydney it seems ^_^

:scratch: I can't even remember myself... but I believe you're right loool. I hope he learnt something from that, even if he's no longer an honourary Aussie ;)

foolish pleasure
02-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Margaret... I think we need a deadline. Or three. :tape:

TO ALL:
about when would everyone like him to get the postcard? just before halle?

it doesn't matter to me at all...just let me know--because i think when we want him to get it, should determine the deadline...and i agree with kristin, there has to be one or it will never get done...

for the next week or so, i'm going to be very busy--my store is closing :sad: :sad: :sad: (much sadness :sad: ) so i have to move everything out this weekend and get together my application materials for a job in stockholm that i only learned of yesterday but which must be in by march 3 ...so that's at least one free week for all of you...

and i haven't been able to find an appropriate postcard around here :( --i live in a tourist town, so most of them are in REALLY poor taste (i don't know about you guys, but i don't really feel comfortable sending him a card with a picture of three obese women in bikini's on it that says "look what your missing!" :rolleyes: ), so i think i will just have one made--i was thinking of walking over to the beach and spelling out "lycka till pim pim!" in sea shells in the sand and photographing it....

(but it doesn't have to be "lycka till", let me know if you want me to spell out something else...or if you don't like that idea at all and want to do something else entirely)...anyway, so that will take like at least another week, probably two for printing...

ok so tenatative deadline: march 20th?

as to how to mail the card to each other, why not just do whichever way is easiest for each of us? if you want to just attach a lable over the previous one that's ok, if you want to put the card in an envelope that's ok too?

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-23-2006, 06:24 PM
hahaha, i've been reading the threads... i've just been contemplating whether or not i could do it (without being the person who stops progress for a week or so :o ) for now i'll say i'm in on this whole shenanigan. as long as i dont have to go to a post office (other than to buy stamp(s)) i need more info... like how exactly this is gonna work, how many stamps i'll need... but i'm sure that will be covered before it's actually sent out.

i'm in the US, btw. :)

margaret_gn
02-23-2006, 10:36 PM
TO ALL:
about when would everyone like him to get the postcard? just before halle?

it doesn't matter to me at all...just let me know--when we want him to get it, will determine the deadline...and i agree with kristin, there has to be one or it will never get done...

for the next week or so, i'm going to be very busy--my store is closing :sad: :sad: :sad: (much sadness :sad: ) so i have move everything out this weekend and get together my application materials for a job in stockholm that i only learned of yesterday but which must be in by march 3 ...so that's at least one free week for all of you...

and i haven't been able to find an appropriate postcard around here--i live in a tourist town so most of them are in REALLY poor taste (i don't know about you guys but i don't really feel comfortable sending him a card with a picture of three obese women in bikini's on it that says "look what your missing!" :rolleyes: ), so i think i will just have one made--i was thinking of walking over to the beach and spelling out "lycka till pim pim!" in sea shells in the sand and photographing it (it doesn't have to be "lycka till", let me know if you want me to spell out something else...or if you don't like that idea at all and want to do something else entirely)...anyway, so that will take like at least another week, probably two for printing...

ok so tenatative deadline: march 20th?

as to how to mail the card to each other, why not just do whichever way is easiest for each of us? if you want to just attach a lable over the previous one that's ok, if you want to put the card in an envelope that's ok too?

i think it'd be good if we could get the card to him by wimbledon, so yeah Halle is fine.

Good luck for the Stockholm job application! that'd be so much fun if you get to work there :D

That's a great idea about taking photo of the Lycka Till message, Lycka Till is good because it will be suitable whether or not he's still injured :) How big can you make the print-out photo though? i think we need at least A5 size...

so is march 20th the deadline by which we decide everything? and so there's another deadline closer to June by which we must've finished sending it round the world?

yes and just let everyone decide how to put the address on, as long as it's got the stamps of the countries that it's been to?

:wavey: to Alison, glad you're in the project too :D :)

Cami
02-24-2006, 07:51 AM
maybe to make it easier we should write an order of who goes first and woteva....and also sumhow giv each others adreses to whoever needs whoevers if that makes sense????(in secret so we all can't b stalked by freako pedophiles.....

foolish pleasure
02-25-2006, 08:58 PM
the march 20th deadline would be for who's going to particpate.
halle and queens are both on june 12th:
6/12/2006 Halle
Germany
International Series Outdoor
Grass $800,000 Sgl 32
Dbl 16

6/12/2006 London / Queen's Club
England
International Series Outdoor
Grass $800,000 Sgl 56
Dbl 24
so birte's friend probably needs to get it by june 1st, right?

ok, so how's this:
march 20th-ish--participation and mailing order established
march 21st-ish--i'll mail it to :confused:
march22nd-ish to may 10th-ish--gets mailed around
may 15th-ish--birte gets it
june 1st-ish--birte's friend gets it
june 11th-ish--pim pim gets it! :woohoo:

jmgsdoubsprtnr: the standard (4x6) us postcard rate inside the us used to be 23 cents but i don't know if the rate for postcards went up when the letter rate did--but anything larger than 4x6 is letter rate anyway ...as for mailing outside the us, i don't know, depends on where to-- you can check online at going postal (http://www.usps.com ) ;) and even get your stamps there too (they'll mail them to you! :p )...

margaret_gn: i don't know what A5 size is...um...but i might just be going with standard postcard size, i know it will be a little small but there aren't so many of us...and if we write small....

Cami: ya, i was thinking we could each just PM our address to the person who is supposed to send the card to us...

and...um...ya, ok, so about the postcard...would this be too boring? (my sea shells by the sea shore plan may prove too ambitious, me thinks--i sort of underestimated how many sea shells it would require :rolleyes: :o :o ooh wellllll :rolleyes: best laid plans of mice and kels... :o :lol: )
http://prodtn.cafepress.com/0/36731000_F_tn.jpg

midsommardagen
02-26-2006, 03:41 AM
wow, many posts since my last visit...need some time to read them but this card...lol, the more accurate meaning of the Chinese on it is "fortune". It doesn't matter coz sometimes fortune=good luck:scratch:

this is "good luck" in Chinese==>http://web.mit.edu/jpnet/ji/gifs/200x200/4201.gif

all in all, good job foolish pleasure :hug: :yeah:

Kat!
02-26-2006, 03:45 AM
I was just about to ask whether that word is the most appropriate ;) thanks Pina for clearing that up!

midsommardagen
02-26-2006, 04:02 AM
you're welcome Kat :hug:

maybe we can send a card to Tojo too? Poor guy...why do these Swedes always have bad luck? :sad: oops, wrong thread...

margaret_gn
02-26-2006, 06:09 AM
A5 size is half an A4 size, but don't worry I think a normal sized postcard should do if we all write small. Are we gonna write "good luck" too just in case pimpim doesn't understand the Chinese writing?

midsommardagen
02-26-2006, 10:39 AM
the Chinese thing reminds me of something else. Here it is:
Pim PIm was born in 1982, which was the year of the dog acoording to Chinese zodiac. and 24 years later, after two rounds of the 12-year cycle of animals representing every year, now is year of the dog again. In China, people who were born in the years of the dog will wear something red for good luck in 2006. So maybe I can buy something red for him? I'm thinking of a red Chinese lucky tie. he could just tie it on his bags :D

here's an example of Chinese lucky tie, of course there are many different sizes and styles...http://www.tc163.net/tcad/Fimages/china_jie.jpg

BTW, take a look at this...

People born in the Year of the Dog possess the best traits of human nature. They have a deep sense of loyalty, are honest, and inspire other people's confidence because they know how to keep secrets. But Dog People are somewhat selfish, terribly stubborn, and eccentric. They care little for wealth; yet somehow always seem to have money. They can be cold emotionally and sometimes distant at parties. They can find fault with many things and are noted for their sharp tongues. Dog people make good leaders. They are compatible with those born in the Years of the Horse, Tiger, and Rabbit.

You are honest and faithful.
You can worry too much.
You will make an excellent business person, teacher or secret agent:lol:.

foolish pleasure
02-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Dog people make good leaders. They are compatible with those born in the Years of the Horse, Tiger, and Rabbit.

oh well, counts me out! ;) :crying2: ;)

so what about this card then?
http://prodtn.cafepress.com/4/42846604_F_tn.jpg

margaret_gn
02-26-2006, 10:20 PM
but it's been a few weeks since Chinese New Year?

Cami
02-27-2006, 06:43 AM
:)

okey dokey

to all, please read over the list that follows to make sure i got you and to make sure i got where you live right:

who/where list:
kristin are you in?
sommarsverige--germany?
ashie87 (?)--australia
margaret_gn--australia?
*~kat--australia
Cami--australia
midsommardagen--antarctica? china? sweden? ;)
foolish pleasure--usa

anyone else?

Yay! thanku! I feel so special to b a part of this....maybe wid all the australians we should c if anybody livs in the same city to make the neatness of it all a bit better....(there wont be as many stamps)

midsommardagen
02-27-2006, 09:06 AM
so what about this card then?
http://prodtn.cafepress.com/4/42846604_F_tn.jpg
:lol: is that a dog on the card? btw, ToJo was born in year of the rabbit.

Margaret, the whole 2006 will be year of the dog so it doesn't matter that Chinese new year was over. ;) you know, every dog has his year. :D

My plan of giving him something red just came out of my head, so it doesn't have to be part of the sending him a card plan. Just in Chinese tradition, wearing something red will bring good luck to those "dogs", and I guess it's a good reason to give him a gift because luck is what he lacks since almost a year ago. :angel: :sad:

Sommarsverige
02-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that I am of course still in this project, but I am very busy this week, so I donīt have much time to come here and take part in the planning :(
As I will also be away over the weekend (going to visit a friend in Basle), I will have real time again next monday eve!

I will try to pop in anyway, but just wanted to let you know.... :hug:

margaret_gn
02-28-2006, 01:38 AM
oh ok then, i don't really mind what's in the card as long as it gets to him :)

midsommardagen
02-28-2006, 09:32 AM
:wavey: hi girls, I have a new idea. Birte once mentioned that she knew someone with the Swedish tennis association, right? So I suppose she will be the one to give Pim Pim our little postcard. so how about everyone of us...

1. buy a postcard of everyone's hometown (e.g. Kristen to buy a postcard of the Opera House)
2. Write something like "good luck" or "cut your hair" on it
3. go to postoffice, get a stamp of local postmark
4. put the card into an envelope and mail it to Birte. (hopefully she agrees and it wont take too much of her time :hug: )

by doing so, there will be no need to mail the card from one country to another. therefore a lot of time could be saved. then prob. we could finish this job in two or three weeks.:rocker:

so how do you guys think about this idea? :scratch:

margaret_gn
02-28-2006, 09:52 AM
it's interesting, but it means each card would be 'new' and won't have the 'worn' look as though it's passed through many countries (which i think was the main objective of this project?). i suppose as long as he has cards and stamps from every country? he'll get sick of the opera house though, there's at least 3 of us in sydney. (i dunno about Cami).

i really don't mind what we end up deciding as long as he gets the card because i'm sure he'll be touched whichever method we sent it to him :)

Kristen
02-28-2006, 11:05 AM
It's ok Margaret... we have the bridge and the tower.... and the Blue Mountains. LOL I have some Adelaide postcards, but wonder how appropriate it would be :lol: then again, he did win there...

Edit: If we went ahead with this version, I would be seriously thinking about taking a photo of a random Toni&Guy salon :tape:

Kat!
02-28-2006, 12:45 PM
I think Cami's from Adelaide no? :yeah: *I have fond memories of that place :lol:*

About the new version (?) - it presents the problems that Kristen mentioned (and experienced!) in the previous project. I'm guilty of it too!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-28-2006, 05:58 PM
well, i think it's foolish pleasure's decision, since it was her idea in the first place. :shrug: i dont think it really matters how long the "one card" takes to get to him, as long as it gets to him.

midsommardagen
03-01-2006, 04:36 AM
well, I just always have some ideas poping out. :p and I agree with Margaret, as long as Pim Pim gets our blessing, it doesn't matter what method we use. :hug:

BTW, he's lucky to have fans like us :p :lol:

Cami
03-02-2006, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=Kat!]I think Cami's from Adelaide no? :yeah: *I have fond memories of that place :lol:*QUOTE]

I sure am! ;) :)

foolish pleasure
03-02-2006, 02:06 PM
well, i think it's foolish pleasure's decision, since it was her idea in the first place. :shrug: i dont think it really matters how long the "one card" takes to get to him, as long as it gets to him.

:hug: thanks! :hug:

however you guys want to do it, is fine by me...Sommarsverige needs to be asked if she's ok with it first though, because this change will mean she will have to take over the organizing etc.

midsommardagen
03-02-2006, 02:37 PM
I guess we still stick on the one card plan, right? :scratch:

foolish pleasure
03-02-2006, 03:05 PM
I guess we still stick on the one card plan, right? :scratch:
not necessarily--whatever the majority wants to do, so long as it's ok with sommarsverige and her friend

Sommarsverige
03-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Hej :wavey:

Well, I have read everything and for me both ideas are great :yeah:
For me, it would also be totally okay if you all send me postcards, I collect them and send them to Johan (the Swedish guy).
I wonder only how we should give it to Pim Pim.... I mean, shall he get every postcard single or should we put them together somewhere?
I think it would be nicer if we can give him one thing where all the cards are on, what do you think?

I have also thought about something different: As someone mentionned the time around Halle as a date Pim Pim should get the stuff, I maybe could also give the things personally to him (only if it would be okay for you, of course!)
Halle is only about 2 hours away from where I live and if Pim Pim plays there, I am sure I will go at least one day :) So of course I then could try to give it to him and if he wonīt come, we couldt still send it....
Tell me what you think :)

Tomorrow I will travel to Basle for some days and will be back monday eve !

Have a great weekend everyone :hug:

Cami
03-06-2006, 07:01 AM
im sorry i hav no idea wot we're doin....i dont get wot the first idea woz....

Kristen
03-07-2006, 08:32 AM
In a nutshell....
Original Idea: Send one postcard around the world to all the pimpim fans, for us to sign and write a small message on / sign... it would be in an envelope (which we would all get stamped with the city or country it has been to) and this would be inside another envelope, being sent to each of the pimsters til it gets to it's final destination.

Second idea: Send postcards from our home cities to Birte, to pass on to PimPim.

foolish pleasure
03-08-2006, 05:28 PM
pina and birte have a good idea--for everyone who wants to, to just send birte a postcard for joachim and she can group them all together and give them to him at halle, if he plays there, or to johan, her swedish tennis guy friend, if not...

my idea was really too complicated and unrealistic and...well...so...

the ball's in your court now, birte! :)

so i'm going to rename the thread now

okey dokey doggie daddies? ;)

Sommarsverige
03-08-2006, 09:06 PM
I just wanted to let you know that I am going to write a PM to everyone involved in this project the next days :) First of all, I still have to ask the friend in Sweden, in case Pim Pim wonīt come to Halle, but I am sure it wonīt be a problem for him!

I have holidays next week, so then I have some more time for planning ;)

But if you have any new ideas so far, please post them here...

midsommardagen
03-09-2006, 09:31 AM
my idea was really too complicated and unrealistic and...well...so...

your idea is excellent actually.:hug: I guess the point of this is sending our message and wishes to PimPim and it was you who came up with this postcard thing. :yeah:

and a :hug: to Birte as well.

foolish pleasure
03-09-2006, 01:37 PM
your idea is excellent actually.:hug:
thank you midsommardagen :hug: x 100

Cami
03-11-2006, 09:26 AM
In a nutshell....
Original Idea: Send one postcard around the world to all the pimpim fans, for us to sign and write a small message on / sign... it would be in an envelope (which we would all get stamped with the city or country it has been to) and this would be inside another envelope, being sent to each of the pimsters til it gets to it's final destination.

Second idea: Send postcards from our home cities to Birte, to pass on to PimPim.
Thanku very much...now i understand it lol!
One question though....so wots the final decision...should we have a poll or sumthin????? I can make up one sumwhere.....(either on my tomas berdych or just on a random syt)

margaret_gn
03-12-2006, 05:35 AM
yes let's do a poll since the deadline (for final decision) is kinda close (march 20). so option 1 (the one postcard going round the world) or option 2 (we all send a postcard each). I don't know how to make polls so whoever reads this first and knows how to make a poll can start one :)

Cami
03-12-2006, 09:46 AM
if im not to late...u dont hav 2 but if any1 wants ive made a syt for all of us to vote on: www.joachimjohansson.piczo.com

Kristen
03-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Thanks Cami :)
I like the original idea in terms of sentimental value, but I guess the second one is more practical, and we dont have to feel bad if we dont send in our message :)

Cami
03-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks Cami :)
I like the original idea in terms of sentimental value, but I guess the second one is more practical, and we dont have to feel bad if we dont send in our message :)
wow that woz quick! I didnt think anyone would go on it today! lol i woz still editing it wen i posted that....anyway its all ready now...(it woz mostly done b4-it wont affect the poll)

margaret_gn
03-12-2006, 11:52 PM
yeah thanks cami! i've voted yesterday i just didn't go back here and tell you! i voted for the first one purely for sentimental reasons and if we end up doing the 2nd part i really don't mind.

Ashie_87
03-13-2006, 02:42 AM
:)Thanks Cami. I voted for the first one, but if we end up going with the second I don't mind

Cami
03-13-2006, 03:58 AM
thanku to all of u guys! Strangely enough the vote tally is 40% for option 1 (2 votes) and 60% for option 2 (3 votes)...I don't think its possible to vote twice coz i barred it so that u can only vote evry 365 days but just in case plz no1 vote twice...

foolish pleasure
03-17-2006, 02:20 PM
thanku to all of u guys! Strangely enough the vote tally is 40% for option 1 (2 votes) and 60% for option 2 (3 votes)...I don't think its possible to vote twice coz i barred it so that u can only vote evry 365 days but just in case plz no1 vote twice...

hey cami! :wavey: just wanted to say thanks for making the poll--sorry it's taken me so long--been super busy this week :rolleyes:

i haven't voted yet but i was thinking i would just stay neutral and not vote, ok? :cool:

is the cut off for polling still march 20th?

Cami
03-19-2006, 10:30 AM
hey cami! :wavey: just wanted to say thanks for making the poll--sorry it's taking me so long--been super busy this week :rolleyes:

i haven't voted yet but i was thinking i would just stay neutral and not vote, ok? :cool:

is the cut off for polling still march 20th?

hi! i wanted to make a syt in honour of pimpim anyway so it woz kool! just glad i could help! the cut off... wl there's no limit to the poll so i dont mynd wen it ends....at the moment its 3 all and 2moro's march 20th so i dunno....ok wl im off :wavey:

midsommardagen
03-19-2006, 12:14 PM
wow thanks cami!
although i came up with the option 2, but if I were Pim Pim, I would be touched to get one postcard with many postmarks on it. So I voted option 1. :p and now option 1 leading with 4-3.

foolish pleasure
03-20-2006, 05:32 PM
wow thanks cami!
although i came up with the option 2, but if I were Pim Pim, I would be touched to get one postcard with many postmarks on it. So I voted option 1. :p and now option 1 leading with 4-3.
:smash: :p ;) :hug:

Cami
03-21-2006, 06:46 AM
wow thanks cami!
cool :yippee: :hug:
wl yesterday/today is the 20th and option 1 is still leading 4-3 (57% to 43%) ...

foolish pleasure
03-22-2006, 04:49 PM
cool :yippee: :hug:
wl yesterday/today is the 20th and option 1 is still leading 4-3 (57% to 43%) ...

so what are we doing? :scratch:

at the rate we're going, he'll be retired from the sport before he ever gets whatever it is we are going to give him! :lol:

margaret_gn
03-23-2006, 08:11 AM
well i guess it's gonna be option 1 then? yes we'd better get started... Kel do you still wanna get the postcard?

foolish pleasure
03-23-2006, 01:15 PM
well i guess it's gonna be option 1 then? yes we'd better get started... Kel do you still wanna get the postcard?

most of us are in sydney right? so maybe one of you ought to get a postcard of an australian landmark and you can all meet up and sign it and send it to cami and she can send it to midsommardagen who can send it to jmgsdblspartner who can send it to me and i'll send it to birte (sorry if i missed anyone)

he seems to really like australia so, he'd probably like an aussie postcard best

ps:but i'll get it if everyone wants me too

margaret_gn
03-23-2006, 10:34 PM
:lol: ok if noone has any objection, i'll get a postcard of a sydney landmark (most likely to be the opera house/ harbour bridge) and i will post it to Kristen by next week. otherwise we'd never get started!

foolish pleasure
03-24-2006, 01:34 AM
:lol: ok if noone has any objection, i'll get a postcard of a sydney landmark (most likely to be the opera house/ harbour bridge) and i will post it to Kristen by next week. otherwise we'd never get started!

:bigclap:

thanks!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
03-24-2006, 04:45 AM
:yeah: sounds good to me!!

Ashie_87
03-24-2006, 06:17 AM
:)Yep sounds good

midsommardagen
03-25-2006, 11:46 AM
sorry I've been busy lately.
the plan sounds good to me too. So the postcard has to be very big I suppose? :D

Sommarsverige
03-26-2006, 12:33 AM
Sorry, I have also been busy lately, thatīs why I couldnīt come here that often :(
But I like the idea with one big postcard where all the fans are on much more than everyone sending a single postcard and he finally would get 10 different cards!

I donīt know who will send the card to me, but if I know who it will be, I will send you my address directly ;)

And I also think an australian card will be fine, I am sure Pim Pim will like it a lot :)

margaret_gn
03-26-2006, 05:32 AM
i'll see if i can find a big card :)

as far as i know, here's the order:

Australia
1. Me (sydney)
2. Kristen (sydney)
3. Ashie (sydney)
4. Kat (brisbane)
5. Cami (adelaide)

Philippines
6. Pina (Midsommardagen)

USA
7. JMG
8. Foolish Pleasure (Kel)

Germany
9. Birte

please forward your address via PM to the person above you so she can send it to you :)

I will also PM this to everyone so if they don't visit this thread they will still know what's going on.

Kristen
03-26-2006, 05:45 AM
Stupid 'work' kept me from the tennis world (MTF) for a few days :lol:. I even had a dream last night about Miami - but it only included the Austrians. Oli looked normal (;)), Stef looked fantastic, and Jurgen had his old hairstyle back. I was soooo happy. Then I woke up :ras:

Sounds like a good plan, I've got Ashies address, and I'm glad I'm at the start of the list so there's no huge rush for me (but I pass a letterbox every day, so I'll pass it on very quickly :D I promise!)

:wavey:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
03-26-2006, 05:49 AM
is this the final order? no one else wants in? if this is it, i'll send my addy to Pina. :yeah:

margaret_gn
03-26-2006, 07:21 AM
i think that is it... that is basically everyone that has posted in (and therefore read) this thread.

margaret_gn
03-26-2006, 07:56 AM
just to confirm:

the postcard would be in an envelope (which we would all get stamped with the city or country it has been to) and this would be inside another envelope, being sent to each of the pimsters til it gets to it's final destination.

oh and i think Birte would still give it personally to pimpim if he comes to Halle, is that right?

jmgsdoubsprtnr
03-26-2006, 08:29 AM
wha?! where do we get it stamped? :confused: i dunno, this is confusing for me. there are 2 envelopes... 1 to send it in, and 1 to have all the different stamps on it?

margaret_gn
03-26-2006, 10:12 AM
what i interpreted it as is:

the postcard will be posted for the first time from A to B in an envelope (to put the address and stamp on). then B opens the envelope, signs the postcard, then puts it back the old envelope, puts everything in a new envelope, writes the address of C on it and get it stamped, and send it off.

C will open B's envelope, then A's envelope (the first/oldest one) and signs the postcard, puts it back in A's envelope, then in B's, then in a new one then address it to D and send it off.

i know, imagining it didn't seem as complicated as putting it into words exactly how we want to do it :confused: but is that right though?
the postcard would be in an envelope (which we would all get stamped with the city or country it has been to) and this would be inside another envelope, being sent to each of the pimsters til it gets to it's final destination.

i just got that from Kristen's summary of the 2 options earlier.

midsommardagen
03-26-2006, 10:39 AM
Philippines
6. Pina (Midsommardagen)

I'm from China. :p

So all I need to do is sending my address to cami, right? :D

How about we stamp those postmarks on the postcard? :D we can write down our wishes besides the postmark of our hometown. but the problem is that we need a even bigger postcard. :lol:

foolish pleasure
03-26-2006, 05:23 PM
How about we stamp those postmarks on the postcard? :D we can write down our wishes besides the postmark of our hometown. but the problem is that we need a even bigger postcard. :lol:

this is what i thought originally:

first person gets post card, signs it in the message part, puts a stamp where the stamp would normally go, writes address of second person where address normally would go, mails post card

second person gets card in mail box, is very excited about this too ;) signs it in message part, puts stamp BENEATH first person's stamp, puts address label with address of third person over where her own address is, mails card to third person

third person gets card in mail box, is even more excited about this than 2nd person was ;) signs it in message part, puts stamp BENEATH second person's stamp, puts address label with address of fourth person over where the lable with her own addres, mails card to fourth person

etc.

until it gets to pim pim, who is is completely freaked out by it and has restraining order put on all of us :p ;)

i don't know if it will work--there may not be enough room...that was kinda why i suggested the sydneysiders to meet and sighn together... :shrug:

PS: midsommardagen, thank you a kazillion and a half for helping me with my avatar! :hug:

Sommarsverige
03-26-2006, 09:34 PM
One question just came to my mind: Will the envelope be big enough that all the postal stamps will fit on it? I donīt know why, but I have really problems in imaging how it will finally look like... :confused:

And it would also mean that always the person who gets the envelope will use something like tipp-ex, so that she can write the next address on it, is it correct?

And Margaret, first of all thanks for your PM! I will send my address to foolish_pleasure, so she will send the card to me! And of course it is still my plan to give the card personally to Pim Pim, but first of all I donīt know yet if he will be going to Halle and also I donīt know if I can go during the week (because of work!). But of course I will try everything when he will come and then still, if I wonīt meet him, I can send it to the friend in Sweden!

One last question: what is the deadline for the card to arrive at me? Has there been a date named for it?

margaret_gn
03-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Pina: Sorry! I'd always thought you were from philippines :confused: but yeah, send your address to Cami. thanks!

foolish pleasure: the postcard that i bought this morning measures 21cm by 10.5 cm (the biggest in the shop) and the stamp part is not that big :( (i'll scan it at home. the picture is of Bondi beach). the part about the address would still work though. i don't know... i guess this is still open for discussion then :lol: or if we put the postcard in an envelope, at least there'll be more space, and the postcard won't look too worn, (though the envelope will cos we'll just have to keep opening and resealing it.) so i mean i send it to kristen in an envelope, she opens it, writes her message on the postcard and reseals the envelope, and re-label the address, get the envelope postmarked and send it off, and so on. so there'll be just the one envelope from the first sender to the last. how's that?

Birte: it doesn't matter if you have to give it to pimpim via your friend, as long as he gets it in the end, but if you get to go to halle and meet him that'll be even better :D

deadlines as set by foolish pleasure a few weeks ago: with changes in bold.
march 20th-ish--participation and mailing order established
march 21st-ish (28th ish!)--i'll mail it to kristen
march22nd-ish (29thi sh) to may 10th-ish--gets mailed around
may 15th-ish--birte gets it
june 1st-ish--birte's friend gets it
june 11th-ish--pim pim gets it!

hope this all works out :)
margaret

Kristen
03-27-2006, 04:24 AM
Reading this makes me feel :retard:. Like, I know it should make sense, but it's sooo not.

e.g. in my head I was thinking...
There's a postcard which has messages on it.
It comes inside an envelope which is kept neat and tidy and this envelope collects postmarks of the cities it goes to.
This envelope then lives and travels inside another envelope (which keeps changing, because we'd use a different envelope for every leg of the journey).

But, I'm incorrect. right? ;)
We should send pimpim a microscope to read the postcard in the end :lol:

edit: But, obviously... I'll just do what Margaret does, basically :lol:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
03-27-2006, 04:45 AM
Reading this makes me feel :retard:. Like, I know it should make sense, but it's sooo not.

e.g. in my head I was thinking...
There's a postcard which has messages on it.
It comes inside an envelope which is kept neat and tidy and this envelope collects postmarks of the cities it goes to.
This envelope then lives and travels inside another envelope (which keeps changing, because we'd use a different envelope for every leg of the journey).

But, I'm incorrect. right? ;)
We should send pimpim a microscope to read the postcard in the end :lol:

edit: But, obviously... I'll just do what Margaret does, basically :lol:
haha, yeah thats what i'm gonna do too! just do what the previous person did... :shrug:

margaret_gn
03-27-2006, 10:59 AM
well ok i guess i can start now :lol: i'll send it off tomorrow to Kristen :)

margaret_gn
03-27-2006, 11:01 AM
oh and remember to keep your message short and not take up more than 1/9 of the postcard so there's enough room for everyone (the 9 of us) :)

Sommarsverige
03-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Sounds great :yeah:

Maybe everyone who gets the card, can just write a short note here, so we all know we are still in the time schedule? ;) And maybe some post systems will take more times than others.... :lol:

midsommardagen
03-28-2006, 02:34 AM
it's ok Margaret, Philippines isn't far away from China anyway. :hug:

So we will give Pim Pim two things: a postcard with many tiny little crazy words and a worn envelope with many postmarks? :lol: I mean, how about we put these things together by just asking someone in the postoffice to stamp a postmark on the postcard, and then putting it into an envelope and then sending it to next person? :help:

No matter what, I'll follow Kristen's example:just do what the previous person did. :devil:

Everytime we discuss this kind of small and trivial details in our own ways I feel myself falling in love with Pimsters. :angel: :lol:

margaret_gn
03-28-2006, 08:35 AM
ok well just to let you know guys that i've posted the card this afternoon, and australia post's pretty reliable so Kristen can expect it tomorrow :)

@Pina: :lol: but it's the effort that counts :angel:

Kristen
03-28-2006, 11:23 AM
How many variations of kom igen are there? :lol:
Maybe I'll leave it at "Sorry for insulting your hair :hug: " ;)

Ahh Australia Post. Amazing stuff. I had to watch a video about how a letter gets from one place to another. I'm doing Business Administration for Dummies. At least, that's what it should be called. I can't complain. I've learnt about Shift + F3. (If you highlight text in MS Word then hit shift+F3, amazing things will happen! Especially amazing if you never knew about this shortcut before :eek: [/TANGENT]

margaret_gn
03-28-2006, 10:16 PM
wow i didn't know of that shortcut before :eek: it's great though! :yeah:

Kristen
03-29-2006, 10:55 AM
I didn't think it would be possible to do that stuff with the envelope. I always figured that once it's got the postmark, it was basically damaged goods. Also wondering about the stamp thing :scratch: Anyway, we'll see what Australia Post does with it :lol:. They did well to get it here so quickly. I'll send it off to Ashie tomorrow on my way to work.

Ashie_87
03-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Quick question- how do we get the card post marked? Do we rock up to the post office and ask them to do it?

Kristen
03-30-2006, 12:37 AM
It's just something that happens when you send a letter. The envelope has the post mark on it, the postcard just has the comments on it :yeah: So, (I think) for us it's not a big deal, because the envelope already has the Sydney postmark on it. :tape: Hopefully I'll do this right.... if not we'll soon find out :awww:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
03-30-2006, 01:41 AM
:haha: i went in my school bookstore today and found out that my school has postcards! :lol: it made me think of this project.

Kristen
04-01-2006, 03:34 AM
Note to Ashie: I couldn't find any stamps in my house, so I used two of those ones they have for the christmas season :lol: :tape: Anyways, it should be there for you on Monday :yeah:

Margaret - I love the feint little sections on the envelope!! :hatoff: Good idea :yeah:

midsommardagen
04-01-2006, 10:09 AM
:haha: i went in my school bookstore today and found out that my school has postcards! :lol: it made me think of this project.

I found some super large envelopes today in a supermarket. it also reminds me of this project.:lol:

:o China post isn't that reliable. I sent a new year card to a friend in US in 2004 and he hasn't got it yet...:tape:

Ashie_87
04-02-2006, 01:26 AM
Note to Ashie: I couldn't find any stamps in my house, so I used two of those ones they have for the christmas season :lol: :tape: Anyways, it should be there for you on Monday :yeah:

:lol: no probs

Kat!
04-02-2006, 04:52 AM
I just PM-ed Ashie with my addresss!

I hope I know what I'm doing.... otherwise I'll be standing at the Post Office calling Kristen :P

Kristen
04-02-2006, 07:46 AM
LOL Don't call me, I won't be any help :lol:
The only thing I'm worried about, is when the card gets to Adelaide, or Brisbane... cause you guys need to get the original envelope stamped, right? :tape: (Can't believe I am still confused. :retard: :haha:

margaret_gn
04-02-2006, 10:08 AM
i myself don't know either if it will still get sent with a lot of stamps on it... you guys'll have to ask at the post office i suppose... worst comes to worst you could always put it in another envelope :shrug: i'm glad i got it over and done with first :P

Kristen
04-03-2006, 02:44 AM
i myself don't know either if it will still get sent with a lot of stamps on it... you guys'll have to ask at the post office i suppose... worst comes to worst you could always put it in another envelope :shrug: i'm glad i got it over and done with first :P
Good stuff :yeah:
That's what I did... to try to preserve the envelope, I put it inside another envelope to send to ashie, since it already had the postmark for Sydney.... :o LOL I'm sure this 'll work out somehow :)

Alexiana
04-03-2006, 03:54 PM
I think this is a really cute idea. How is it going? :)

Cami
04-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Hey! sorry i havnt been on for ages...been soooooooooo busy! Kat, I tried pming u with my address but its not working, it says that u hav chosen not to recieve pm's or sumthin! is there sum other way that i can giv u my address?

Kat!
04-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Hey! sorry i havnt been on for ages...been soooooooooo busy! Kat, I tried pming u with my address but its not working, it says that u hav chosen not to recieve pm's or sumthin! is there sum other way that i can giv u my address?

:confused: that is weird... but you can email me kat@icecreambox.com instead :)

margaret_gn
04-05-2006, 12:10 AM
ashie, have you received the postcard yet? what did you end up doing with the envelope?

Ashie_87
04-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Yep I got the postcard on monday but I've been in bed sick for the past few days so I'm posting it today. With the envelope I just copied Kristen:p and addressed a new one to Kat and put the other one in it because the original already had the Sydney postmark...does that make sense?:scratch:

Kat!
04-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Hope you're feeling better Ashie! :hug:

I'm assuming I just need to go to the Post Office and get a postmark on the original envelope, put it in a new envelope and send it to Cami? :scratch:

I was hoping I could just follow what other ppl have done.... but it seems I'm the first one to get a new postmark!!!! :eek:

It's been raining here for the last couple of days :rolleyes: ahhh please don't kill the postcard! :mad:

midsommardagen
04-05-2006, 11:08 AM
:hug: Ashie

Glad to know our project is going well. :D

cami, I'll pm my add to you right away. ;)

Kat!
04-08-2006, 08:38 AM
I received the postcard from Ashie today. (Technically yesterday.... but I forgot to check the post box lol)

I now have a postcard, an envelope which Margaret had originally sent to Kristen, and a new envelope which Ashie had used to send the postcard to me.....

:scratch:

hmmmm I was thinking I would rock up to the Post Office and ask them whether they can postmark the original envelope (with Kristen's address on it) and find a new envelope to send it to Cami.......

Or am I supposed to use the original envelope - put a new stamp on it, put a new address on it (like a label which would cover Kristen's address) and then send it to Adelaide.... ????

So confused. I might just ask Australia Post if they would put a postmark on random envelopes which is not being "sent" loooool.

btw - I haven't received Cami's address yet.

margaret_gn
04-08-2006, 01:50 PM
yeah Kat, just try that. who knows, if they're happy to postmark the envelope though it's the old that i've used to send it to Kristen, then maybe they might do that in the other countries, and problem solved :D if they wouldn't we'll just have to make sure the envelopes that we keep adding on (with new postmarks) are really thin :shrug:

foolish pleasure
04-08-2006, 02:03 PM
I received the postcard from Ashie today. (Technically yesterday.... but I forgot to check the post box lol)

I now have a postcard, an envelope which Margaret had originally sent to Kristen, and a new envelope which Ashie had used to send the postcard to me.....

:scratch:

hmmmm I was thinking I would rock up to the Post Office and ask them whether they can postmark the original envelope (with Kristen's address on it) and find a new envelope to send it to Cami.......

Or am I supposed to use the original envelope - put a new stamp on it, put a new address on it (like a label which would cover Kristen's address) and then send it to Adelaide.... ????

So confused. I might just ask Australia Post if they would put a postmark on random envelopes which is not being "sent" loooool.

btw - I haven't received Cami's address yet.

it'll be kind of funny if he get's a dozen envelopes :lol:

why not just put an address label with cami's addy on it over kristen's addy on margret's original envelope, along with a new stamp (whew, that's a mouth full!), and take it to the post office to see if they will just take it like that; but in case not, also bring with you a back-up new envelope with just cami's addy on it?

if they will take the original, no worries :cool: . but if not, then you could explain what you are trying to do, and ask if they would mind putting a postmark over the stamp on the interior envelope for you too.

maybe if you write on the original envelope somewhere "dear postmaster, this envelope is trying to make it all the way around the world, please help!" the various international postmasters will take pity on us and help out :)

midsommardagen
04-10-2006, 03:05 PM
is this project a test of our intellect? or just trying to find out the best postman in the world ? :lol:

margaret_gn
04-12-2006, 12:03 AM
so where is the postcard up to now? cami, did you give your address to kat yet?

Sommarsverige
04-12-2006, 08:08 AM
I have already sent my address to foolish pleasure!
I hope you received it, if not please tell me :)

Have a great day everyone :hug:

Cami
04-12-2006, 11:02 AM
omg!!!!!!!! im so sorry ive been hell busy and havnt been on the internet for ages...my sis is always hoggin it and then ive got trainin for tennis and all these assignments from skool......anyway im gonna try hotmail to kats addie in a sec....did it!

Kristen
04-12-2006, 12:26 PM
No worries Cami :hug: Plenty of time (Australia Post are pretty reliable it seems!).

OMG I worked at the Rolling Stones concert last night. Impressive, to say the least :hatoff: (and the Living End weren't bad either ;) ;) ;))

Have a nice Easter, all those who celebrate it. I'm not overly religious but I'm keen on the chocolate and the public holidays :tape:

Kat!
04-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Just wanted to say I received Cami's address - and will be sending the postcard on Tuesday....

Happy Easter everyone!

Cami
04-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Happy Easter evry 1! Sorry how i delayed the postcard. Kristen u r soooooooo lucky! I wish i had such a cool job! thanku Kat! yay ok i g2g now happy easter!

foolish pleasure
04-15-2006, 02:04 AM
I have already sent my address to foolish pleasure!
I hope you received it, if not please tell me :)

Have a great day everyone :hug:
yes i got it :wavey:

thank you!

Kat!
04-18-2006, 10:48 AM
so today I rocked up to the Post Office (just in time it seems, because shortly after all these ppl started lining up as well) - I tried to explain what we're doing, ignoring the "We're sending this to a tennis player part" ;) - but she couldn't stamp the original envelope, because she didn't have the stamp. And she said if I use the original one to send it could get messy (and confusing).

So in the end I put the postcard inside Margaret's envelope, then it's all inside a new envelope :scratch:

This could be interesting....!

margaret_gn
04-18-2006, 11:43 AM
:lol: looks like we're gonna have to keep using new envelopes each time... if the envelopes are thin enough, we might just be able to have all of them stamped and sent one inside another. and pimpim would still get to see all the postmark.

good try though Kat, explaining it to the lady... :yeah:

Kristen
04-18-2006, 01:32 PM
When you mention envelopes inside other envelopes, I can't help but think of this:
http://www.lanasgallery.com/Decorative/Nesting-dolls3-thumb.jpg

jmgsdoubsprtnr
04-18-2006, 01:39 PM
maybe we could all just put a message on the previous envelope or something? then each time he opens an envelope, he gets a separate message? it'd be like when there's a gift inside a bunch of consecutive boxes!

margaret_gn
04-18-2006, 11:11 PM
jmgs, that's a great idea too :) maybe each person should just improvise and figure out what would work for their country's post office, and get creative at the same time...

foolish pleasure
04-19-2006, 09:58 PM
what about putting it all together in a nice, little scrap book?

when it gets to me, if you guys like, i can bundle it all together into a nice little scrap book, putting the various envelopes together with posts from this thread and then send it to birte with a page or two left blank for her to finish it?

something nice and small, so it will fit in his bag no problem...what do you guys think? :shrug:

margaret_gn
04-20-2006, 04:57 AM
that sounds cute too, fp, i really don't mind in what form the postcard gets to pimpim, as long as he gets it i think he'll be touched with our effort.

midsommardagen
04-20-2006, 01:25 PM
to Cami: did you get my address?
to everyone: Where is the postcard now? :help:

the nice, little scrap book sounds cute. I like this idea.:D

Cami
04-20-2006, 01:40 PM
to Cami: did you get my address?
to everyone: Where is the postcard now? :help:

the nice, little scrap book sounds cute. I like this idea.:D

yes i did get ur address :) thanku :wavey:

i hav got the postcard at the moment just recieved it today! yay! i feel so special and flattered and happy to be a part of all this! yay
on the other hand tho i still am completely confused on wot to do with it now... :confused: this is wot i think im sposd to b doing:
Put the two envelopes i received: a postcard thats inside an envelope thats inside another envelope....in to another envelope and stamp it and send it off....? (also sign the postcard) Am i sposd to put stamps on the other envelopes as well??or get them stamped???? how do i get them stamped with stamps (not sticky stamps) if so? :confused: im confused.....sorry!!!im not the brightest person in the world....

margaret_gn
04-20-2006, 10:52 PM
:lol: poor cami, it is a bit confusing. what i think everyone will end up doing is just stamping the outer envelope i guess...

Kristen
04-21-2006, 02:20 AM
:lol: I think the important thing now, is for it to get it's ass (!?!) out of Australia :haha:

I think we are all winging it, anyway, with what we're doing with the postcard ^_^

winging it=making it up as we go

foolish pleasure
04-21-2006, 04:00 AM
:lol: I think the important thing now, is for it to get it's ass (!?!) out of Australia :haha:

I think we are all winging it, anyway, with what we're doing with the postcard ^_^

winging it=making it up as we go

:lol: i don't think we're going to make halle! :rolls:

no worries cami: get a big, new envelope; stuff everything you got from kat into the big new envelope; write midsommardagen's address on the big new envelope; take it to the postoffice to get the right postage; mail it; and you're golden ;) :hug:

is any one else scanning the crowd shots from monte carlo looking for joachim? he's got to be there! :devil: :p

Cami
04-21-2006, 04:25 AM
:lol: i don't think we're going to make halle! :rolls:

no worries cami: get a big, new envelope; stuff everything you got from kat into the big new envelope; write midsommardagen's address on the big new envelope; take it to the postoffice to get the right postage; mail it; and you're golden ;) :hug:

is any one else scanning the crowd shots from monte carlo looking for joachim? he's got to be there! :devil: :p

thanku so much! lol i seriously didnt hav a clue wot to do! :hug:

Sommarsverige
04-23-2006, 01:03 AM

Yes, I really did!!! ;) All the other players have been there, but definitely no Pim Pim :sad: :sad: So I really donīt know what he is doing and where he is practicing (if he is practicing!) :confused:

midsommardagen
04-23-2006, 03:54 AM
a :hug: to cami.

Maybe Joachim is practicing with his girlfriend in a track field right now. I think there's a news article about it. :scratch:

margaret_gn
04-25-2006, 04:53 AM
just wondering where the postcard is now... :scratch:

Kristen
04-25-2006, 06:42 AM
Probably got lost in Cyclone Monica and is still in Australia somewhere :lol:

foolish pleasure
04-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Probably got lost in Cyclone Monica and is still in Australia somewhere :lol:

poor lil'postcard :sad: ...

never fear, the 9 million envelopes it's in will protect it :p ...

it'll float around the world for awhile, every so often shedding one of it's protective envelope layers and then finally wash up on a beach in sweden 50 years from now...

and a cute little swedish kid looking for seashells will find it and contact the news and there will be a little ceremony where the cute little swedish kid will it to give joachim, now old and wrinkly with long stringy down to his waist, and they'll fly all of us to sweden, with our liver spots and hairs growing out of our noses :p , and as he gets all teared-up thanking us for the postcard---

we'll all start hitting him with our canes and yelling at him for foresaking tennis for huddlers ;) , while kristin and pina hold him down and cut his hair ;) :devil: :lol:

oh joachim, joachim, where for art my joachim? :sobbing: please come back soon beautiful, i have the tennis channel now!

ps: kristin...um...i kinda thought that guy in your av was....um...well..he does kinda look a little bit like...um...i mean not exactly and only since he cut his hair and all...but just...well...just...sort of...a little like...hewiit :bolt: *quickly ducks under table* :lol:

margaret_gn
04-26-2006, 12:18 AM
poor lil'postcard :sad: ...

never fear, the 9 million envelopes it's in will protect it :p ...

it'll float around the world for awhile, every so often shedding one of it's protective envelope layers and then finally wash up on a beach in sweden 50 years from now...

and a cute little swedish kid looking for seashells will find it and contact the news and there will be a little ceremony where the cute little swedish kid will it to give joachim, now old and wrinkly with long stringy down to his waist, and they'll fly all of us to sweden, with our liver spots and hairs growing out of our noses :p , and as he gets all teared-up thanking us for the postcard---

we'll all start hitting him with our canes and yelling at him for foresaking tennis for huddlers ;) , while kristin and pina hold him down and cut his hair ;) :devil: :lol:

oh joachim, joachim, where for art my joachim? :sobbing: please come back soon beautiful, i have the tennis channel now!

ps: kristin...um...i kinda thought that guy in your av was....um...well..he does kinda look a little bit like...um...i mean not exactly and only since he cut his hair and all...but just...well...just...sort of...a little like...hewiit :bolt: *quickly ducks under table* :lol:

Kristen
04-26-2006, 04:30 AM
ps: kristin...um...i kinda thought that guy in your av was....um...well..he does kinda look a little bit like...um...i mean not exactly and only since he cut his hair and all...but just...well...just...sort of...a little like...hewiit :bolt: *quickly ducks under table* :lol: :lol: You're lucky I like you :ras: :hug:

*goes to change avatar*

PS. Great story there! I'd be up for a forced hair cut, for sure. The boofhead would probably still have his lovely skin, wrinkly as it may be :cool:

vault123
04-26-2006, 09:59 AM
lleyton hewitt is a great looking guy.

Kristen
04-26-2006, 03:12 PM
That he may be vault. I don't have an issue with Lleyton being hideous, I don't think that's the case. He's just not one of my favourites. :angel:

foolish pleasure
04-26-2006, 03:33 PM
:lol: You're lucky I like you :ras: :hug:

:angel:

:hug:

vault123
04-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Papers don't always tell the truth, and Lleyton Hewitt is charming and has a fantastic personality. But I understand that he is not every one's cup of tea.

Cami
05-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Ok...im hopin the envelope shud arrive sumtym in the next week to pina....(from pina's instructions)!!!!!!!!

midsommardagen
05-03-2006, 03:14 AM
thanks Cami! :yeah:
It's May, and Halle will be held in early June. *thinks hard* So the postcard has to travel from China to America and then Germany in a month. :help: Well, do you guys think Pim Pim would mind if he get this card by his 50th birthday?

Kristen
05-03-2006, 05:18 AM
Did we decide which year it would get to him? We chose the tournament, so I guess that was a start :lol:

midsommardagen
05-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Maybe he knows about our plan then he decides to stay away from Halle this year.
So next time when we have similar project, we'd better discuss it by pm.

foolish pleasure
05-12-2006, 07:18 PM
hey, where's that post card at now?

Kristen
05-13-2006, 03:23 AM
Maybe, like... you know in the beginning of castaway, when Tom Hanks is on the (Postal) plane, and it ditches... maybe it was on that plane? :scratch:

midsommardagen
05-13-2006, 01:31 PM
:o China Post isn't reliable at all! Cami sent the card to me like two weeks ago and I'm supposed to get it already. Even thought we had a 7-days national holiday but still :armed:
I'm worrying about they delivered it to somewhere like the island in Lost, you know, a place that we don't know about. and the poor little postcard will stick there forever... :crying2:

foolish pleasure
05-14-2006, 03:54 AM
he was such a good little postcard...never caused any trouble...just wanted to see the world...:sobbing:

midsommardagen
05-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Guys guys,here's a good news---I got the card!!!! :banana:

Cami
05-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Guys guys,here's a good news---I got the card!!!! :banana:

soz...i havnt posted in (MTF)ages!!!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: yay!!!! (about the postcard gettin there)

Kristen
05-16-2006, 02:04 PM
I am sooo moving to China (7 day holiday OMG!). Maybe I could bring Australia Post with me :lol:

midsommardagen
05-17-2006, 03:13 PM
in fact we have 3 7-day-holidays a year. ;)

Kat!
05-18-2006, 10:13 AM
THREE 7 day holidays?!?!?!?!? :drool: :lol:

Kristen
05-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Hopefully the next week long holiday isn't for a while yet? LOL, just thinking about the postcard. I'm glad he's okay.

foolish pleasure
05-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Hopefully the next week long holiday isn't for a while yet? LOL, just thinking about the postcard. I'm glad he's okay.

i can hear him humming: "on the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again, goin' places that I've never been, seein' things that I may never see again, I can't wait to get on the road again..." :drive: :lol:

Kristen
05-25-2006, 04:14 PM
1. Margaret (sydney)
2. Kristen (sydney)
3. Ashie (sydney)
4. Kat (brisbane)
5. Cami (adelaide)
6. Pina (Midsommardagen)
7. JMG
8. Foolish Pleasure (Kel)
9. Birte
So, we're somewhere between 6 and 7 now? This postcard gets around. Lucky he's not a she or 'she' would be called all sorts of names.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
05-26-2006, 09:03 AM
i haven't yet received it... i await anxiously.

midsommardagen
05-26-2006, 02:14 PM
i haven't yet received it... i await anxiously.

:p sorry, I've been busy lately and I haven't sent it yet. Our little card will on his way to US this weekend I promise.

foolish pleasure
05-26-2006, 03:41 PM
:p sorry, I've been busy lately and I haven't sent it yet. Our little card will on his way to US this weekend I promise.

hey guys, a while ago i offerred to combine the postcard and all of the envelopes and some posts from this thread into a little scrapbook before sending it on to birte.

it had looked like there wouldn't be time before halle to do that but now since joachim isn't coming back till at least mid-july there isn't a rush anymore.

would you all like that?

i could put the post card in a little pocket on the front so it can come out easily,and put each envelope on a page with a post, from the poster who mailed it, from this thread, so that the postcard's journey is sort of documented.

also, since now our postcrd seems more critical due to how long he's been gone and the uncertainty about his return, if you want to include a longer message than what the postcard allowed, i could include that to. and if you want to include a good luck charm or something, i can send you my address and you can mail it to me to include.

if you all like this and want me to do it:

1. i would use your avatars as your "pictures," so make sure that your avatar is what you want to represnt you to joachim.

2. let me know if there is a post you particularly want me to use or NOT use for your page

3. let me know if there is anything else you want included

ok, so think about it and let me know, we have awhile before it gets to me--it has to go to jmgdblspartner first--but if you let me know soon i can start getting the supplies now.

Sommarsverige
05-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Hope everyone here is fine :hug:
Sorry for not writing in such a long time, but as I went to the Hamburg tournament and directly after to Duesseldorf, I did not have much time the last 2 weeks ;)

I agree with you Kel, that we donīt have to rush as Pim Pim wonīt play Halle :sad:
I like your idea with the scrapbook, but have to think about what you should take from me, but I guess there we also have a bit of time left.

I donīt know how you think about it, but I would prefer if someone gives this present to Pim Pim personally. I would have loved to do this at Halle, but now that he wonīt play I prefer the idea that we wait for another tournament where someone of us sees him than sending it to my friend. Of course I trust my friend that he would give it to Pim Pim, but I think it would be nicer if someone from us also sees his reaction, or what do you think?

So the first person who goes to a tournament where Pim Pim plays gives him the card. When I have received the card I could send it to that person or my next chance to see him would be Stockholm or Madrid (if he plays then again...)

Please tell me what you think about it...

margaret_gn
05-27-2006, 12:06 AM
:wavey: kel and birte!

both your ideas sound good... i'm happy with my avatar but i don't know what part of this thread (which) post I should use... i'll try to come up with a more appropriate and longer message soon...

I agree that it'd be a lot nicer if one of us gives the project to pimpim rather than someone else but i guess we'd just have to wait until he announces where and when his next tournament would be and then we can decide who would be most convenient to deliver it.

midsommardagen
05-28-2006, 08:18 AM
The postcard is delivered this afternoon. :D It will take about 10 days to reach jmgsdoubsprtnr. :wavey:

I like your ideas kel and birte. :hug:
Speaking of my avatar...don't know how Pim Pim would react about it. :lol: maybe I should change it.

I agree that it'd be a lot nicer if one of us gives the project to pimpim rather than someone else but i guess we'd just have to wait until he announces where and when his next tournament would be and then we can decide who would be most convenient to deliver it.

His trainer mentioned he would come back in American hardcourt season so maybe let someone live in America deliver this card would be more convenient. :scratch: and Kristen's advice will be need because I guess it's not that easy to get chances to meet Pim Pim himself. :lol:

Sommarsverige
05-28-2006, 10:41 AM
I really think the next person from us who goes to a tourney where Pim Pim plays should deliver the card! So hopefully they will announce very soon what his next tourney would be ;)

I think it would be good if everyone posts the avater picture Kel should take here in this thread, what do you think? And, does it have to be an avater picture, because they are quite small...

Kristen
05-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Kristen's advice will be need because I guess it's not that easy to get chances to meet Pim Pim himself. :lol:In hindsight, I could have given that folder to my "husband" Mr Rosengren. Darn it! Well, I don't know, I mean I gave it to his mother. And it took me a couple of days to actually get it to him(his mum). But, I'd give him some warning that you'd be giving him something if possible. you know, like "Some of your fans have put something together for you...I'll bring it on ***" or whatever. Depends on the circumstances and opportunities to see him.

I really like this scrapbook idea, and I think Stockholm would be an awesome time to give it to him.... unless he starts playing much earlier; then again, he may be hounded by locals :lol:

foolish pleasure
05-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Speaking of my avatar...don't know how Pim Pim would react about it. :lol: maybe I should change it.
no way! i love your avatar! :lol:
His trainer mentioned he would come back in American hardcourt season so maybe let someone live in America deliver this card would be more convenient. :scratch: :lol:
well, is jmgsdoubsprtnr going to the us open? the qualies at the open are free to attend and lots of players get there early to work out. he won't be in my part of the country again for almost a year :sad: and i'm saving all my money to visit my best friend in tokyo in the fall, so no more trips for me for awhile!
I think it would be good if everyone posts the avater picture Kel should take here in this thread, what do you think? And, does it have to be an avater picture, because they are quite small...
any picture of any size is fine, but i am also going to use posts from this thread just like they look here, so your avatar will be seen too...so maybe no "daggy=pim" avs :lol: (i mean the poor guy's having a really rough patch these days!) so ya, any pics you want me to inlcude just post here.
I really like this scrapbook idea, and I think Stockholm would be an awesome time to give it to him.... unless he starts playing much earlier; then again, he may be hounded by locals
stockholm?! :sad: well, if we give it to him then maybe you can all send christmas postcards to include too! i don't know if he'll be hounded by locals, i think swedes go out of there way to NOT make big deals over swedish celebreties, but birte would know better than i.

okay, i'm going to start getting the supplies together. it won't be much bigger than a post card, easy to fit in his bag.

oh ps: maybe everyone can make sure they have the right flag? i'll let you know when i'm ready to print and you can all switch your flags to the right ones and then as soon as i print, you can switch back?

midsommardagen
05-29-2006, 03:08 AM
guys, just remember sth. So far, all the words that some of us wrote on the card are focus on"speed recovery" or "hope your injury heals soon" or "look forward to seeing you playing again". So maybe we still have to give the card to him before he comes back.:shrug:

Kristen
05-29-2006, 04:49 AM
guys, just remember sth. So far, all the words that some of us wrote on the card are focus on"speed recovery" or "hope your injury heals soon" or "look forward to seeing you playing again". So maybe we still have to give the card to him before he comes back.:shrug:
:lol: It was so long ago, I have no idea what I wrote. But, it was probably daggy, so the next person to get it, doesn't have to remind me ;)

Kat!
05-29-2006, 10:31 AM
I like both ideas too btw! :hug: altho I'll need a change of avatar..... :scratch:

Kristen
05-30-2006, 03:17 PM
It's his birthday soon :)
That might be a nice time to give it to him, but I pay sooo little attention to the ATP calendar that I have no idea what is on then... Is it Wimbledon or something (yeah, I'm for real! And I'm sleep deprived, which I choose to use as an excuse).

PS. As if we'd get it done by then! :lol:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
06-01-2006, 04:26 AM
nope, i'm not going to the US open... i'm kinda far away. near chicago.

Kristen
06-01-2006, 05:58 AM
nope, i'm not going to the US open... i'm kinda far away. near chicago. Ooh... near Oprah.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
06-02-2006, 06:51 AM
haha, yes. oprah. too bad i never get anything out of it. like a car. haha

Kristen
06-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Is there a smiley who:
-whistles, whilst twiddling his thumbs and looking to the sky as he paces? That's the smiley I need right now :lol:

*BUMP*

jmgsdoubsprtnr
06-07-2006, 10:06 PM
i got the postcard today! i'll send it out asap. question: am i supposed to put the postcard in all the envelopes, then put it in a new one? it seems like that's what everyone else is doing, but i'm just making sure so i don't mess the whole thing up.

margaret_gn
06-08-2006, 12:44 AM
:lol: just do what everyone else has done! (I personally don't know cos I did it first) but good to know our little postcard has made it all the way across the pacific!

foolish pleasure
06-15-2006, 08:12 PM
has the post card been mailed? i haven't gotten anything so i just was curious.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
06-15-2006, 09:25 PM
no, i haven't mailed it yet... :o i need to wait for my parents to get home so they can tell me how much postage to put on it! they get home on saturday, so it'll be in the mail on monday! sorry for making you wait!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
06-21-2006, 03:48 AM
the postcard was mailed yesterday! you should get it by the end of the week.... i hope. i dont know how long it takes mail to travel. :shrug:

Kristen
06-21-2006, 01:16 PM
about a month longer than anticipated, if we are pimpim fans :lol:
Let's just pretend that it means so much to us, that we like to make sure everything is juuust riiight before we pass it on :lol: :hug: Good work :yeah:

PS. I am enjoying this avatar of yours ;)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
06-21-2006, 06:15 PM
hahahaha! me too! :drool::lol: he's the main reason i'm enjoying the FIFA world cup so much! :haha:

foolish pleasure
06-23-2006, 10:25 PM
i got the post card today!

do you guys still want me to make a scrapbook or just send it on to birte?

Kristen
06-25-2006, 04:04 PM
if you all like this and want me to do it:

1. i would use your avatars as your "pictures," so make sure that your avatar is what you want to represnt you to joachim.

2. let me know if there is a post you particularly want me to use or NOT use for your page

3. let me know if there is anything else you want included
To be honest, I can't think of what I'd say... unless I copy/pasted what I wrote two years ago. But this is mtf+Joachim, not some second rate University assignment :lol: If we do go ahead, I'm happy with my av (I will probably change it tonight anyway!), and any post where I'm not insulting his hair really :tape:

:drool: I watched some of the England vs Sweden match last night. Can we say, handsome?

jmgsdoubsprtnr
06-25-2006, 05:54 PM
ahhh, england v. sweden... that's the one match that i really wanted to see. but i had work. :sad: ah well.

Cami
06-27-2006, 10:34 AM
hello evry1! yay! i cant believe the post card has gotten so far!

foolish pleasure
06-30-2006, 11:59 PM
hi guys, i mailed the postcard to birte today. i didn't make a scrapbook though (sorry :o )

margaret_gn
07-01-2006, 12:25 AM
that's ok Kel!

phew, last stop for the postcard :)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
07-01-2006, 08:19 AM
yay! it will finally make its way into the hands of the pim. well..... eventually!

Sommarsverige
07-18-2006, 07:46 PM
I have received the Pim Pim postcard today :)I like it a lot and itīs great to see that it has travelled around the world ;)

Well, now we just need to know who of us will see him next and can give him the postcard :confused:
Just wanted to let you know already that I will leave Hamburg next sunday and wonīt be back until 8th of august, so if I should send it to someone before, please let me know ...

misyou25
07-22-2006, 04:58 PM
oh guys it's a great idea! pity i couldnt participate...anyone from switzerland got it already?

midsommardagen
07-31-2006, 06:23 AM
I guess the card stays in Germany right now. :D

Hey Birte, do you have any plans to give it to PimPim? :wavey:

Sommarsverige
08-02-2006, 04:17 PM
I guess the card stays in Germany right now. :D

Hey Birte, do you have any plans to give it to PimPim? :wavey:

Yes, I still have the card, as we still donėt know who of us will see Pim Pim next...
I will go to Madrid, so if Pim Pim will play there, I could give it to him there.
Otherwise I could send the card to someone who sees him sooner than me..
But I am on holidays in Italy right now, I could send the card next week if someone tells me to!

margaret_gn
08-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Birte I'm in Uppsala now and Sweden is totally awesome and it's so beautiful. if pimpim plays in stockholm i could give it to him though it won't make much difference, it's only a week earlier :) enjoy your holiday!

margaret_gn
08-27-2006, 08:38 PM
well it looks like birte will be sending the postcardc to my address in Uppsala and I shall hand it over to pimpim at the Stockholm tournament :)

Will be interesting to see the postcard now after you guys have written on it! wonder if it's in the same condition as the one i first sent out ;)

foolish pleasure
08-29-2006, 01:51 AM
well it looks like birte will be sending the postcardc to my address in Uppsala and I shall hand it over to pimpim at the Stockholm tournament :)

Will be interesting to see the postcard now after you guys have written on it! wonder if it's in the same condition as the one i first sent out ;)

i think this is good--our little post card will have come full cirlce! thanks so much margaret for starting it all off and seeing it all the way to its end. i hope he likes it.

ps: good luck in sweden! i am jealous and very excited for you!

Sommarsverige
09-27-2006, 07:56 AM
Just to let you know: I will send the card to Margaret today :bounce:

margaret_gn
10-02-2006, 04:15 PM
hey guys! i just want to let you all know that the pimpim postcard has safely arrived in my letterbox today an that i'll hand it over to him when i see him hopefully saturday or sunday this weekend at the stockholm open tournament. can't believe it's upon us already! i'm so proud to see the projecty finished till the end and thanks for all your contributions and to Kel for coming up with the idea!! :)

thiaela
10-03-2006, 06:20 PM
When Pim Pim come back
I miss him

Alexiana
10-07-2006, 05:16 PM
When Pim Pim come back
I miss him

He will play in Stockholm next week :)

Kat!
10-08-2006, 03:24 AM
hey guys! i just want to let you all know that the pimpim postcard has safely arrived in my letterbox today an that i'll hand it over to him when i see him hopefully saturday or sunday this weekend at the stockholm open tournament. can't believe it's upon us already! i'm so proud to see the projecty finished till the end and thanks for all your contributions and to Kel for coming up with the idea!! :)

:worship: Good luck with the postcard Margaret!! (funny how it ends up with where it started....lol) Post some pics/reports when you get the chance ;)

margaret_gn
10-08-2006, 04:53 PM
hi guys! just to let you know i met pimpim yesterday and gave him the postcard. i'll post a long tournament report when i get back to uppsala tonight. i plan to miss class either monday or tuesday when i find out when tojo and pimpim will play so hopefully i'll have more to report. but basically here's what happened: i held up the envelope and started to explain that it's a postcard inside, which all his fans have signed and sent around the world. i was so nervous i kept stutterring :o then he said "aww, thank you" and then i asked if i could get a signature and a photo taken with him and he said yes of course. then after the signature i looked around for someone who could take the picture (i was by myself) and i asked one of the many kids swarming around him. but this kid didn't understand english and i was like oh who could i ask, and pimpim was looking the other way to see if there was any adult there but thankfully this lady walked past so i got her to take the picture. i will post it later. but he was so sweet, he signed autographs for all the kids around him (there were heaps). also in the stalls area, there's a stall for cottonfield which has a huge picture of pimpim on the wall wearing their product. i just had to take a picture of that too! and when i watch him play i'm sure there'll be a lot more pics to come!

Kristen
10-09-2006, 03:50 PM
I think that's probably one of my favourite posts, from anyone. Ever.
Great news, and sounds like an awesome day! Kom igen pimpim! :D

Kristen
10-09-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm reading your blog at the moment... I haven't been to LJ in soooooo long!

I'm Laughing my ass off at the little girl on the other side of PimPim :rolls:
Actually, she could be an adult. He is so freaking huuuge :drool: and his hair. HIS HAIR IS PERFECT! :sobbing: I'm so happy :p :wavey:

margaret_gn
10-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I think that's probably one of my favourite posts, from anyone. Ever.
Great news, and sounds like an awesome day! Kom igen pimpim! :D

aww thanks :D yes i am loving the hair too, very much!!! nah that's a little girl on his left. so many friggin' kids around! hopefully won't be the case tomorrow.

foolish pleasure
10-09-2006, 09:21 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to Margret and to all of you for doing the postcard with me. It was fun for me to keep up with where it was and what was happening with it, and it all happened at a time when I really needed a silly, fun thing to take my mind off of my life.

I don't know why but it seems that the only really cool people that I've ever met on-line are you Pimsters. I don't know what it is about Pim Pim but he attracts some really great people.

Anyway, thank you so much Margret for everything, it couldn't have happened without you! I hope you had fun meeting him.

Sommarsverige
10-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Margaret, thank you so much for the cool report :) :hug.
I am so happy for you and it seems you have had some wonderful days already ;)
The pics are great and I must say, even if I was always rooting for the long hair, I like his hair now a lot :)

margaret_gn
10-09-2006, 10:48 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to Margret and to all of you for doing the postcard with me. It was fun for me to keep up with where it was and what was happening with it, and it all happened at a time when I really needed a silly, fun thing to take my mind off of my life.

I don't know why but it seems that the only really cool people that I've ever met on-line are you Pimsters. I don't know what it is about Pim Pim but he attracts some really great people.

Anyway, thank you so much Margret for everything, it couldn't have happened without you! I hope you had fun meeting him.

no worries Kel! it's been great fun doing it for me also... and i hope you get to meet him someday also at your home tournament :)

Margaret, thank you so much for the cool report :) :hug.
I am so happy for you and it seems you have had some wonderful days already ;)
The pics are great and I must say, even if I was always rooting for the long hair, I like his hair now a lot :)

you're welcome Birte! thanks also for the tips about tickets/transports etc you gave me :) looking forward to tomorrow. he will play a night match, should be great atmosphere!

thiaela
10-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Today he is gonna play with Nadal.

:confused: