When did you become a fan of Andy? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

When did you become a fan of Andy?

gusman890
02-20-2006, 03:06 PM
for me :

i would say Wimbledon offically, but i noticed him in queens at first. I saw that he beat dent (who is in the top 40 at that time) and almost beat ToJo. so i knew that boy much have had talent in him. so i kept an eye on him.

Once Wimbldon came around, i was suprised that he got the 3rd round, and even more 2 sets to love against Nably, a guy u dont roll against normally. But injury and cramps hurt his chances and then he lost. but i knew the boy had talent from then on and it was just a matter of time before it kicked in.

Aleksa's Laydee
02-20-2006, 04:47 PM
For me it was after he won the USOpen Junior title in 2004...I followed his results from then and then met him at Wimbledon and its carried on for there really!

xxxtennisfanxxx
02-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Since Queens 2005. I watched the match Murray vs Johansson and I noticed the talent.

Sweet4Richard
02-20-2006, 05:48 PM
For me it was after he won the USOpen Junior title in 2004...I followed his results from thenand then met him at Wimbledon and its carried on for there really!

Me too. I remember seeing him on TV in 2004 and then being very impressed. I remember him making his ATP Debut last year in Spain losing to Hernych.

Duncan
02-20-2006, 11:05 PM
When he won the junior US Open but i had known about him for years before that! My friend used to live where he lived and said he was gonna be huge and i should follow his results and i kind of did but back in the day i was more into football than tennis! :D

OddJob
02-21-2006, 03:53 AM
I'd have to say Queens '05. He never really registered in my brain before Queens and I have no idea why.