Will John Mcenroe win in San Jose tonight?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will John Mcenroe win in San Jose tonight??

Agassi Aces
02-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Will John Mcenroe win his first Doubles title for more than a decade in San Jose tonight???

Agassi Aces
02-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Mcenroe will win tonight!!!

superpinkone37
02-19-2006, 09:16 PM
I hope so!

ae wowww
02-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Are you crazy?! I hope so!! McEnroe & Bjorkman to fall in straights. Can't wait!

joeb_uk
02-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Definately, john is probably a better player than the majority of doubles players out there on the main tour even now :lol:

Go mcenroe :D

helen phillips
02-19-2006, 10:04 PM
I like Goldstein but I don't think he or Thomas are the calibre of doubles players of either Jonas or Mcenroe. I have never liked Mcenroe as a player but I can't help hoping he and Jonas will win - I'm hoping it'll wear off soon.

Scotso
02-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Probably.

ae wowww
02-19-2006, 10:09 PM
I like Goldstein but I don't think he or Thomas are the calibre of doubles players of either Jonas or Mcenroe. I have never liked Mcenroe as a player but I can't help hoping he and Jonas will win - I'm hoping it'll wear off soon.

Not taking into account McEnroe is 47 :D? And that Goldstein/Thomas made USO SFs in September, taking out Knowles/Nestor in the first round? :D

Scotso
02-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Being 47 didn't stop him from taking out some other very good doubles teams.

ae wowww
02-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Being 47 didn't stop him from taking out some other very good doubles teams.

I'm not denying that, but she says Paul & Jim aren't the same calibre. But that is one disadvantage John is at, his age. I agree he has been an unbelieveable tennis player, but that has to be a factor.

helen phillips
02-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Not taking into account McEnroe is 47 :D? And that Goldstein/Thomas made USO SFs in September, taking out Knowles/Nestor in the first round? :D

And their outstanding results since are... oh yeah not much of an impact since the Open. I'm a Canadian but Nestor and Knowles are not what they used to be. Bjorkman is the key and he is a vastly better doubles player than either Goldstein or Thomas.

ae wowww
02-19-2006, 10:21 PM
And their outstanding results since are... oh yeah not much of an impact since the Open. I'm a Canadian but Nestor and Knowles are not what they used to be. Bjorkman is the key and he is a vastly better doubles player than either Goldstein or Thomas.

:lol: Give me a break, someone has to defend the underdogs! I think it will be a classic match, and very much looking forward to it. Chill out (please), and enjoy the match!

helen phillips
02-19-2006, 11:39 PM
:lol: Give me a break, someone has to defend the underdogs! I think it will be a classic match, and very much looking forward to it. Chill out (please), and enjoy the match!

I'll concede I am not as much about the underdog as you but I'm not one to back a winner just for the sake of it. Honestly I don't feel really strongly about this one so I wish Goldstein\Thomas luck but I'm sticking with my pick. You enjoy as well.