Moyá wins Buenos Aires title, defeats Volandri 7-6(6) 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Moyá wins Buenos Aires title, defeats Volandri 7-6(6) 6-4

Deivid23
02-19-2006, 05:50 PM
¡Vamos Charly! :worship:

He was down 3-5 and *30-40 in 1st set but was able to come back and win this in straight sets. So glad he´s just won another title defeating some tough players as Massu, JCF and Volandri.

Hopefully, barrying injuries, this can be a good year for him.

Keep up the good work, man :yeah:

Alvarillo
02-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Bravo Charlie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

RogiFan88
02-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Good for Charly...

PaulieM
02-19-2006, 05:51 PM
:woohoo:

Björki
02-19-2006, 05:52 PM
congrats to Carlos :clap2:

zimzim
02-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Congrats Moya!

Kyla
02-19-2006, 05:55 PM
:aparty: :banana:

*Ljubica*
02-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Congrats Carlos :bounce:

knight_ley
02-19-2006, 05:56 PM
:woohoo:
:aparty:
:bounce:
:yeah:

Rogiman
02-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Is Carlos the king of Mickey Mouse tournies?

mangoes
02-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Go Moya :banana: :banana:

Deivid23
02-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Is Carlos the king of Mickey Mouse tournies?

:retard:

Rogiman
02-19-2006, 06:08 PM
:retard:
7.5 years since last Slam semis :)

lau
02-19-2006, 06:08 PM
:woohoo: Well done, Carlos!! :yeah:

Deivid23
02-19-2006, 06:10 PM

So what?

It´s just stupid to say a player who was nº1, a Slam champ, several-times AMS champ is king of mm tourneys, go think twice before posting nonsense ;)

TheBoiledEgg
02-19-2006, 06:10 PM
another title for Carlos :woohoo: :D :)

Merton
02-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Carlos :D He showed some good form on clay, hopefully he will stay healthy during the proper clay court season that is coming up.

Ales_Alessandra
02-19-2006, 06:11 PM
YESSSSSSS ! That's was great!!! I was there during the week I saw him playing aganis Fogni and Massu. I knew he ws gonna to win this tournamnet by the wau he played aginst Massu and how he feels good on that court. He was not so holding his feelings as we are usual to se him on other matches. Well at least the ones that I saw. For me it was great, it was my first torunament, wonderful matches, and Carlos playing good. It was a shamed that i missed the finals, didn't have any tickets and I came back home on friday, right after QF wich I also didn't have ticket I had to watch outside the court on the screen. It was great any way. I could see him on his way back sign lost of balls for those crazy kids. BTW it was so funny see a bunch of kids going around the players the hole week. The players were like walking with the kids going along surrnding. Great!

Next year I need to be there again, but this time I'll stay up to the end!!

PARABÉNS CARLOSS!!!!

blosson
02-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Woot Carlos :D

Viken01
02-19-2006, 06:14 PM
VAMOS CARLOS !

Neely
02-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Congrats Carlos!!! :banana:
Very well done :D

TheBoiledEgg
02-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Carlos should have a good clay season
he served slower than Volandri did for most of last yr :o

jackieglover
02-19-2006, 06:41 PM
He was actually down 3*-5, 15-40 and won 4 straight points to win that game, then Volandri got tight and choked. But good win for Moya :yeah:

Taz Warrior
02-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Carlos :worship:

Bad Religion
02-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Carles :rocker2: :rocker2:

* Career singles titles: 19
* Highest rank : 1 (3-15-1999)
* Davis Cup Winner in 2004

:worship: Gracias por tanta clase :worship:

helen phillips
02-19-2006, 07:20 PM
So what?

It´s just stupid to say a player who was nº1, a Slam champ, several-times AMS champ is king of mm tourneys, go think twice before posting nonsense ;)

What's past is past my friend. It is always great to win a tournament and congrats to Carlos but it isn't stupid to cite facts. In this case those facts are true and more relevant than the ancient history of his 1 Slam win and very brief stay at #1.

Moya still looks good out there and can win some matches so more power to him.

Merton
02-19-2006, 07:28 PM
What's past is past my friend. It is always great to win a tournament and congrats to Carlos but it isn't stupid to cite facts. In this case those facts are true and more relevant than the ancient history of his 1 Slam win and very brief stay at #1.

Moya still looks good out there and can win some matches so more power to him.

It is not that deep in the past. Carlos was in the top 5 in 2004, winning a TMS in Rome. He was hindered by a shoulder injury last year. If he is healthy i don't see why a return to the top 10 is out of the question.

I guess if the first thing that comes to your mind about Carlos is "Chennai, Umag, Buenos Aires" then you may talk about the deep past of his slam success. But this would be unfair to his consistent stay at the top of the game in the early 2000's.

Deivid23
02-19-2006, 07:38 PM

:zzz:

Deivid23
02-19-2006, 07:49 PM
:yeah:

NINA_BCN
02-19-2006, 07:50 PM
:yippee: :bigclap:

Bee
02-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Yay, Moya es el campeon!! Enhorabuena Carlos :) So good to see after his Aussie Open losses ...
and Ales, you'll be 'hooked' now ... what a great first 'live' tournament for you, Charly winning, even if you were'nt there for the final!!
[I've been 'hooked' on Carlos since 1997 A.O. final, but didn't actually see him 'live' in Melbourne 'til 2002. Even though he only won 2 matches then (and lost his first round this year (dehhrr...), I keep going back ... maybe it's just that he loses when I'm watching ..?!]

Neely
02-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Funny how some people always get on Moya about his tournament wins or ranking :lol: I remember that some seriously wondered why Moya was top 5 towards the end of 2004, I mean look at his results and you will find out if you a bit of an understanding how rankings work. And his last big tournament win is not (much) longer ago than of Gaudio, Davydenko, Roddick, Coria, Ljubicic, Ferrer, Hewitt or of other top players or those who didn't win a TMS or Grand Slam the last years at all.

Bee
02-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Love that little pic., Deivid23 ... thanx!

Ales_Alessandra
02-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Tks Bee! Not it is not that, I'm sure you will see him winning more than loosing.
Now, I really don't understand why people need to be kind of mean trying to put things down. Please give a break, he just won a title. At this same tournament I could see Coria playing and he is only 24, one of the tops but didn't played well at all. His service just sucks! Carlos played well and he has a lot of experience to do the right thing when something is not working. I belive that apart from Federer, Carlos can play as good as the others.
Of course he has been on the circuit for a while and his body must start to feel all this years of practice and pressure, and because of that he probably has some limits already. But look at now, Nadal is only 19 and he is already facing physical problems, not playing that much lately. Roddick is not on his best shape as well. So I think that what Carlos did today was a great achievement, I'm happy with that and for those who may not be, please don't bother in write your opinion here.

Bee
02-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Go Ales! The true fans of Carlos hear you loud & clear. :) Let us celebrate 'el campeon' Carlos!!

MisterQ
02-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Congrats Carlos!

Aphex
02-19-2006, 08:43 PM
:drink: :dance: :woohoo:

helen phillips
02-19-2006, 08:55 PM
It is not that deep in the past. Carlos was in the top 5 in 2004, winning a TMS in Rome. He was hindered by a shoulder injury last year. If he is healthy i don't see why a return to the top 10 is out of the question.

I guess if the first thing that comes to your mind about Carlos is "Chennai, Umag, Buenos Aires" then you may talk about the deep past of his slam success. But this would be unfair to his consistent stay at the top of the game in the early 2000's.

Not out of the question but maybe not so likely either. In my book he would be a welcome addition to the top ten.

Second point: fair enough.

Filipo
02-19-2006, 08:57 PM
extremely well done Moya. good tournament. Vamos Moya !!!!!

helen phillips
02-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Tks Bee! Not it is not that, I'm sure you will see him winning more than loosing.
Now, I really don't understand why people need to be kind of mean trying to put things down. Please give a break, he just won a title. At this same tournament I could see Coria playing and he is only 24, one of the tops but didn't played well at all. His service just sucks! Carlos played well and he has a lot of experience to do the right thing when something is not working. I belive that apart from Federer, Carlos can play as good as the others.
Of course he has been on the circuit for a while and his body must start to feel all this years of practice and pressure, and because of that he probably has some limits already. But look at now, Nadal is only 19 and he is already facing physical problems, not playing that much lately. Roddick is not on his best shape as well. So I think that what Carlos did today was a great achievement, I'm happy with that and for those who may not be, please don't bother in write your opinion here.

If you want a love-in why don't you go post in his forum? I'll post anywhere I please and I sure don't need your permission.

Scotso
02-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Ugh.

Filippo :sad:

switz
02-19-2006, 09:10 PM

Yeah you're so right - the only recent tournament i remember him winning was a little one in Rome a couple of years ago. that one in Paris was a little bigger i suppose. oh yeah and how about that those dodgy Davis Cup performances :lol:

beating an Olympic gold medalist and Roland Garros champ on their favourite surface is a pretty lame effort.

Ales_Alessandra
02-19-2006, 09:24 PM
If you want a love-in why don't you go post in his forum? I'll post anywhere I please and I sure don't need your permission.

I'm sorry but I don't want any "love in". Nevertheless, some respect is good for a change. I like him and just bothers me see people putting him down in any moment. The wolrd is just the way it is because people are constantly criticising others and forgetting about their own lives.
Of course you don't need my permission, but it is really sad that you are one of those not happy with his victory. BTW why is that?

helen phillips
02-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah you're so right - the only recent tournament i remember him winning was a little one in Rome a couple of years ago. that one in Paris was a little bigger i suppose. oh yeah and how about that those dodgy Davis Cup performances :lol:

beating an Olympic gold medalist and Roland Garros champ on their favourite surface is a pretty lame effort.

Now come on - he was a gold medalist in doubles and Ferrero is a shadow of the player he was when he won Roland Garros in 2003 (and that is a pity but also the reality).

Julio1974
02-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Well done Carlos !!!

Ales_Alessandra
02-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Well if you are talking about Massu, he was golden medal twice, single and double! Ok who do you guys support then? Federer I supposed, cause he is on the top! When he his time at the top comes to an end will you support him still? Or only the top you cheer for? Explain to me please!

switz
02-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Now come on - he was a gold medalist in doubles and Ferrero is a shadow of the player he was when he won Roland Garros in 2003 (and that is a pity but also the reality).

hmmm i could of sworn Massu won both the singles and doubles at Athens.

Did you actually see Moya vs Ferrero? I doubt it because JCF was playing at an extremely high level and it was only by sheer determination that Carlos managed to grind out a win.

hey if bitterness is your thing though feel free to go with it.

helen phillips
02-19-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm sorry but I don't want any "love in". Nevertheless, some respect is good for a change. I like him and just bothers me see people putting him down in any moment. The wolrd is just the way it is because people are constantly criticising others and forgetting about their own lives.
Of course you don't need my permission, but it is really sad that you are one of those not happy with his victory. BTW why is that?

I am happy I would have preferred JCF but I like Carlos (and I picked him to win). He's a good player and he's cute, how can you go wrong? It is true he has underperformed in Slams - I'm sure you knew just as I did that when his match went to a 5th set in Australia this year that he would lose because that is what the guy does. He has achieved a lot and I congratulate and admire him but he isn't without his deficiancies (who is and I would much rather have his rather short list compared to my very long one but that is life).

Fergie
02-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Congrats Carlos! :yeah:

Grinder
02-19-2006, 09:49 PM
My prediction is Hewitt winning 6-2 6-3.

joaco
02-19-2006, 09:50 PM
buena carloooos

helen phillips
02-19-2006, 09:52 PM
hmmm i could of sworn Massu won both the singles and doubles at Athens.

Did you actually see Moya vs Ferrero? I doubt it because JCF was playing at an extremely high level and it was only by sheer determination that Carlos managed to grind out a win.

hey if bitterness is your thing though feel free to go with it.

Of course you are right about Massu and we all know what a force he has been on tour since I don't now how I could have forgotten (he is of course a great champion like Marc Rosset). I didn't see the semi and I really hope JCF was playing at a high level again because he is a favourite of mine. If he was it would be the 1st time in quite a while.

Not remotely bitter about this but I don't have a big chip on my shoulder either.

ReturnWinner
02-19-2006, 09:54 PM
wrong thread :lol:
My prediction is Hewitt winning 6-2 6-3.

ReturnWinner
02-19-2006, 09:57 PM
this is good for carlos confidence he played pretty well this tournament since the second round

altought today he got a little lucky coz filippo was outplaying him in the first and had two set points and then served for the set but he got tight and nervous and lost :o

switz
02-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Not remotely bitter about this but I don't have a big chip on my shoulder either.

you certainly seem to have a tendency for putting people down though to prove a point - that's a great quality.

Massu has been in strong form btw - final in Chile and big Davis Cup win over stalwart Hrbarty.

You clarified your position better a couple of points ago so i'm happy to let it go. Nobody would deny that Carlos has had steady but far from spectactular grand slam results since winning RG - i just don't see the need to rain on other people's parade especially when most people know that Moya had a very tough time with his shoulder last year (and a litany of injuries throughout his career) and that these kind of results are very encouraging for him and his fans in regards to his prospects of climbing the rankings this year.

helen phillips
02-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Well if you are talking about Massu, he was golden medal twice, single and double! Ok who do you guys support then? Federer I supposed, cause he is on the top! When he his time at the top comes to an end will you support him still? Or only the top you cheer for? Explain to me please!

Have to say you couldn't pay me to support a lazy whiner like Flip or anyone who believes their own hype as much as Hewitt does. I really like Safin and lord knows he is troubled. Personnally I like the mid level guys like TommyJo, Hrbaty or Davydenko who are not so talented but are real work horses. Federer is a sublime player but I'm not a fan - though I would root for him over most of the guys you have in your signature.

helen phillips
02-19-2006, 10:18 PM
you certainly seem to have a tendency for putting people down though to prove a point - that's a great quality.

Massu has been in strong form btw - final in Chile and big Davis Cup win over stalwart Hrbarty.

You clarified your position better a couple of points ago so i'm happy to let it go. Nobody would deny that Carlos has had steady but far from spectactular grand slam results since winning RG - i just don't see the need to rain on other people's parade especially when most people know that Moya had a very tough time with his shoulder last year (and a litany of injuries throughout his career) and that these kind of results are very encouraging for him and his fans in regards to his prospects of climbing the rankings this year.

Fair enough. I have to go with my strengths - such as they are.

switz
02-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Fair enough. I have to go with my strengths - such as they are.

how about not selling yourself so short ;)

Grinder
02-19-2006, 10:57 PM
wrong thread :lol:
I just realized that :lol:

Daniela_CABJ
02-19-2006, 11:15 PM
:yippee: CARLOS :yippee: Congratulations :hug:

Volandri: Great tournament! hope to see you next year :)

superpinkone37
02-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Carlos :D:D:D:D

lucashg
02-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Congrats Carlos! :banana: It's been such a long time since he had a decent result. I wouldn't have minded if Volandri had won because I like both, but Carlos really needed a good win. And good luck to Filippo this week here in Brazil. :)

*Viva Chile*
02-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Well done Carlos!!1 It's good to see that you're playing great yet.

Massu won both singles and doubles in Athens if you don't know :o

nando
02-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Congrats Carlos!!! hope you can keep up the good work!!! :):):)

Action Jackson
02-20-2006, 05:17 AM
Congrats on winning Buenos Aires again Carlos and no doubt the festivities after the match would have been as impressive as the performance in the final.

Carlita
02-20-2006, 05:27 AM
:banana: :worship: :yippee: :hug: well done Charly

TennisGrandSlam
02-20-2006, 07:15 AM
We done!

Hope that Carlos will come back to top 10 !

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-20-2006, 08:20 AM
Volandri and Juan :banghead::bigcry::shout::shrug::fiery:

Dirk
02-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Great job Moya.

Sparko1030
02-20-2006, 06:19 PM
:rocker: Congrats to Carlos!!!

Marat Safinator
02-20-2006, 09:03 PM
So what?

indeed :worship:

Daniel
02-21-2006, 07:33 AM
Congrats Carlitos :smooch:

NicoFan
02-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Finally got to watch the match last night on a replay.

Carlos played great! :bounce:

Congrats to Charly!!!!!! :woohoo:

binkygirl
02-24-2006, 06:59 AM
Vamos, King Carlos!!