just wanted to point out something wierd.... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

just wanted to point out something wierd....

Elranzo
02-19-2006, 01:11 AM
At the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships next week....mark philippoussis has a wild card and ends up playing [3]Tommy Robredo in the first round... last week philippoussis had a wildcard into san jose and played Tommy in the first round as well (although he was the 4 seed there). Just thought that was wierd.

shotgun
02-19-2006, 02:25 AM
You wanna see something weird? Take a look at Nicolas Massu's first round opponent in Vina del Mar, Buenos Aires and now Costa do Sauipe.

joaco
02-19-2006, 03:23 AM
You wanna see something weird? Take a look at Nicolas Massu's first round opponent in Vina del Mar, Buenos Aires and now Costa do Sauipe.
who is it?

cobalt60
02-19-2006, 03:24 AM
Well hopefully Daniel will win this time at home ;)

shotgun
02-19-2006, 03:26 AM
who is it?

Marcos Daniel. Can you believe it, I mean, three times in a row!! What are the odds on something like this happening? Something like 1/24 x 1/32 x 1/24, considering Massu was seeded in Vina and Sauipe.

shotgun
02-19-2006, 03:27 AM
Well hopefully Daniel will win this time at home ;)

I hope so, he hasn't won a match this year so far.

RogiFan88
02-19-2006, 04:10 AM
...that "wierd" is spelled incorrectly??

Ferrero Forever
02-19-2006, 06:02 AM
also, Ferrero and Ventura in the doubles are playing the same guys they played in the first round at Buenos Aires. Ferrero is having a rematch with Saretta and they played last week, so i'm not sure if that counts too.

~EMiLiTA~
02-19-2006, 06:58 AM
yeah, it is a bit weird

but i didn't realise the Massu/Daniel thing!! i've just gone and seen the draws and it's true...that's even more freaky!

Allez
02-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Lightening doesn't strike twice...I expect Tommy Robredo to win for sure...

Action Jackson
02-19-2006, 08:04 AM
In Buenos Aires.

Ramirez Hidalgo lost to Prodon in the last round of qualies, and then got into the main draw as a Lucky Loser and his opponent the next day was Mr Prodon.

Kristen
02-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Tommy gets a second chance...a la Zhang/Zhang.

shotgun
02-19-2006, 04:46 PM
In Buenos Aires.

Ramirez Hidalgo lost to Prodon in the last round of qualies, and then got into the main draw as a Lucky Loser and his opponent the next day was Mr Prodon.

Did you know that the same thing happened with the same players in Casablanca in 2003? :lol:

The difference was that Prodon got through the qualies and RRH entered as the lucky loser instead.

shotgun
02-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Marcos Daniel: "I can't stand playing against Massu anymore."

:lol:

Lee
02-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Marcos Daniel: "I can't stand playing against Massu anymore."

Is this an exact quote? :lol:

shotgun
02-19-2006, 11:32 PM
Is this an exact quote? :lol:

Yes.

http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/profissional/brasil_open/ult677u533.htm

"N„o agŁento mais jogar contra o Massu."

Lee
02-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Yes.

http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/profissional/brasil_open/ult677u533.htm

"N„o agŁento mais jogar contra o Massu."

May be he finally managed to beat Massu this time :lol:

switz
02-19-2006, 11:35 PM
the weird part is that two tournament organisers gave philippoussis wildcards two weeks in a row :eek: surely there's some young American who could have used them.

Play some qualifying Philippoussis!! He's needs more than one win to get anywhere back to where he once was

smucav
02-20-2006, 12:41 AM
At the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships next week....mark philippoussis has a wild card and ends up playing [3]Tommy Robredo in the first round... last week philippoussis had a wildcard into san jose and played Tommy in the first round as well (although he was the 4 seed there). Just thought that was wierd.Philippoussis withdrew from Memphis so Robredo will play a qualifier in the first round.

*Viva Chile*
02-20-2006, 01:00 AM
And the qualifier is Paul Capdeville from Chile... good luck Paul :yeah: , you will need it against Tommy :scared:

Too weird the thing with Massu and Daniel, here in Chile all news was talking about that :lol: Good luck Nico I hope you win for third consecutive time, but take care this time because Daniel will be the local boy now. ;)

Action Jackson
02-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Gaudio has only ever won 5 set matches at one venue. He has won 4 at RG and the one that really counted, all others elsewhere he has lost and that for memory is 9.

Taz Warrior
02-20-2006, 09:33 AM
In Buenos Aires.

Ramirez Hidalgo also went on to win the rematch having lost to prodon the previous day.

Nathaliia
02-20-2006, 09:38 AM
In Wroclaw challenger this year 3rd round Q Tereshchuk def. Masik and... faced Masik in 1st round ;) after Crazy Dani withdrew ;)

Smashed him even more than in Q ;)

but i remember getting tons of SMS's from bookie-monsters begging for confirmation of their replay for Masik. I was ruthless, I said no way, Tereshchuk would win again, and i was right :yeah:.