Hewitt beats Spadea, 6-3, 6-4, reaches SAP final [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hewitt beats Spadea, 6-3, 6-4, reaches SAP final

LLeytonRules
02-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Hopefully we get Hewitt vs Roddick.Way to go LLeyton!Now win that final ;)

Levo.
02-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Awesome Lleyton, win a title finally ya bugger ;) :bounce:

superpinkone37
02-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Vinnay :bigcry:

Deboogle!.
02-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Heard it was an awful match, can anyone corroborate?

PaulieM
02-18-2006, 10:07 PM
congrats lleyton :)

Angle Queen
02-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Heard it was an awful match, can anyone corroborate?According to the results...or the quality of play? :lol:

Attaboy Lleyton!

Deboogle!.
02-18-2006, 10:24 PM
According to the results...or the quality of play? :lol:

Attaboy Lleyton!Quality of play :p

1sun
02-18-2006, 10:26 PM
nice one rocky, now take the title

Sjengster
02-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Quality of play :p

Average, really. I mean come on, Vinny Ice vs Rocky Llegs - exciting shotmaking and tactical variety are always going to be in short supply when those two square off. Spadea is something of a poor man's Hewitt, with a much weaker serve and a fragile forehand especially when pushed out wide, and when he smashed his racket to the court in frustration as early as 3-1, 40-0 on Hewitt's serve in the first set I knew he was a goner. Vince really does display the ugly side of his temperament at times like these, he was similarly mad at himself after blowing chances to break back at 4-3 in the second. Hewitt was his usual efficient self, a couple of amazing passing shots that are routine for him, but nothing extraordinary.

Neely
02-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Congrats Lleyton! :yeah:

Deboogle!.
02-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Average, really. I mean come on, Vinny Ice vs Rocky Llegs - exciting shotmaking and tactical variety are always going to be in short supply when those two square off. Spadea is something of a poor man's Hewitt, with a much weaker serve and a fragile forehand especially when pushed out wide, and when he smashed his racket to the court in frustration as early as 3-1, 40-0 on Hewitt's serve in the first set I knew he was a goner. Vince really does display the ugly side of his temperament at times like these, he was similarly mad at himself after blowing chances to break back at 4-3 in the second. Hewitt was his usual efficient self, a couple of amazing passing shots that are routine for him, but nothing extraordinary.Well exciting and high-quality are mutually exclusive qualities. Of course it wouldn't be an exciting match but a couple people told me that both players were in pretty poor form and made some really awful errors, etc.

Effka
02-18-2006, 11:10 PM
I don’t care that much about the result, but it was an interesting experience to se Vinny on my telly again (‘cause it’s been a while since the last time) just to realize I did not miss him ;)

superpinkone37
02-18-2006, 11:12 PM
:haha:

Deboogle!.
02-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Don't worry Danielle, he's all yours (We won't tell Horia)

Sjengster
02-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Well exciting and high-quality are mutually exclusive qualities. Of course it wouldn't be an exciting match but a couple people told me that both players were in pretty poor form and made some really awful errors, etc.

I admit I was only half-watching it, but there were a surprisingly large amount of cheap points on serve, actually - Hewitt had more, as you would expect, but Vinny managed a couple of quick holds with his serve as well. Hewitt did serve a couple of double faults though when he had tight games on his serve, and a better player than Spadea (ie both Andys, but particularly yours ;) ) would have made him pay for it.

Scotso
02-19-2006, 01:33 AM
wd Llegs

NYCtennisfan
02-19-2006, 02:07 AM
Good work by Hewitt to get back to a final--the draw that he had this week was a gift from up above. :) Hopefully we get Roddick vs. Hewitt in the finals tommorrow.