If you say choke one more fucking time.... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

If you say choke one more fucking time....

sharpeirob
02-18-2006, 06:57 PM
....I will lamp you, muinu.

All you say on WTA is choke choke choke choke choke,, now ferrero is chokerchokerchoker. You know, not everybody fucking chokes, the opponent starts to play welll at pressure times.

Give it a fucking break!

EDIT - Shut the hell up with the Ancichoke bullcrap! He is rubbish, Clement beat him fair and square L-WHO-SERS

PaulieM
02-18-2006, 06:58 PM
aww another happy mtf couple. :hearts: it really warms your heart to see all this love around here. ;)

sigmagirl91
02-18-2006, 07:01 PM
:haha: :haha:

Nathaliia
02-18-2006, 07:03 PM
i learnt a new word thankfully to MTF :worship:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-18-2006, 07:06 PM
Me too.I didn't know the word "choke" before launching this forum. :p

sharpeirob
and what is that word?

muniu

All you say on WTA is choke choke choke choke choke,, now ferrero is chokerchokerchoker. You know, not everybody fucking chokes, the opponent starts to play welll at pressure times.

Give it a fucking break!
wow I like this word but ok
Sory :lol: :angel:

sharpeirob
02-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Oh...yes....ok....

sharpeirob
02-18-2006, 07:09 PM
wow I like this word but ok
Sory :lol: :angel:

Thank fuck for that, dont get on the wrong side, or I will bring out my :Rawwb: side. Hopefully, you dont have any idea what I talk about.

fenomeno2111
02-18-2006, 07:23 PM

Give it a fucking break!

I would vote for you if you are one of the candidates for moderator of MTF...if there was such a thing...and you are right, I saw the match between Moya-JCF and he just raised his level and hit tons of clean winners, If that is called choking then all the ones who lose against Federer are chokers...I mean you gotta be a choker if u don't get to those shots going 90 MPH DTL.... :rolleyes:

Trivial
02-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Dont hold back...tell us what you really feel :)

sharpeirob
02-18-2006, 07:26 PM
I would vote for you if you are one of the candidates for moderator of MTF...if there was such a thing...and you are right, I saw the match between Moya-JCF and he just raised his level and hit tons of clean winners, If that is called choking then all the ones who lose against Federer are chokers...I mean you gotta be a choker if u don't get to those shots going 90 MPH DTL.... :rolleyes:

My point exactly :bowdown:

sharpeirob
02-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Dont hold back...tell us what you really feel :)

You havent seen what I am capable of :tape: :rolls:

AgassiDomination
02-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Choke ;)

David Kenzie
02-18-2006, 08:14 PM
People often use the word choke, because they are only watching the livescore. They only guess what is hapening, and can't understand why players loose several points in a row when its simply because their opponent just hit some amazing shots.
You'll have to get used to it because this forum is loaded with gamblers who tend to just watch numbers.

Neely
02-18-2006, 08:18 PM
(like the thread!)

Do you know what? :D When Federer loses a set or even has to go to a tiebreak: Federer CHOKED!! :lol:
Best example was that Federer choked in a whole two sets against Haas (AO 06 match) ;)

The whole game is a pure choke. Whenever somebody loses a set or loses a serve, it's a CHOKE!

Also some people say that Agassi vs Blake was one of the biggest chokes of recent times. Blake choked the hell out of himself in this match, I'm sure :cool:

sharpeirob
02-18-2006, 08:22 PM
(like the thread!)

Do you know what? :D When Federer loses a set or even has to go to a tiebreak: Federer CHOKED!! :lol:
Best example was that Federer choked in a whole two sets against Haas (AO 06 match) ;)

The whole game is a pure choke. Whenever somebody loses a set or loses a serve, it's a CHOKE!

Also some people say that Agassi vs Blake was one of the biggest chokes of recent times. Blake choked the hell out of himself in this match, I'm sure :cool:

0-0 0-15 is a choke to some idiots! Idiots! Ban them I say!

sharpeirob
02-18-2006, 08:22 PM
(like the thread!)

:woohoo:

PaulieM
02-18-2006, 08:43 PM
well imo being up 2 relatively easy sets and up a break twice in the 3rd and giving both back with several double faults in each game, counts as not handling the pressure well when it counts. ie choking. to some people choking entails playing like ass for the rest of the match, a good quality match can still involve some choking. not the biggest choke ever, but imo still a choke, he had chances later in the match but still choked when it mattered most.:shrug:

nermo
02-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Sharpeirob.
the word "Choke" is probably the most common word used on board. Sometimes ,it's used as "a fill in the spaces " here.
Almost any winner must 've won a match cuz there was a choker in the other side of the court.

So to be fair, Muinu is not the only accused person ;) :bigwave:

sharpeirob
02-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Sharpeirob.
the word "Choke" is probably the most common word used on board. Sometimes ,it's used as "a fill in the spaces " here.
Almost any winner must 've won a match cuz there was a choker in the other side of the court.

So to be fair, Minui is not the only accused person ;) :bigwave:

Nermo.
Yes, I do realise that, but I saw him accusing players so i targeted him, what can I say, I am nasty person :bigwave:

nermo
02-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Posted by Sharpeirob
Nermo.
Yes, I do realise that, but I saw him accusing players so i targeted him, what can I say, I am nasty person :bigwave:

:lol: Don't know, My own humble opinion, that after all even if choking occurs from one side ,The other side has to keep concentrating on not losing his own points , if not also keeping raising his own level. It's a two sided game. may be others have other views
Nice thread btw :)

And i think u 're too far from being nasty :)

sharpeirob
02-18-2006, 09:15 PM
:lol: Don't know, My own humble opinion, that after all even if choking occurs from one side ,The other side has to keep concentrating on not losing his own points , if not also keeping raising his own level. It's a two sided game. may be others have other views
Nice thread btw :)

And i think u 're too far from being nasty :)

Why thank you

Neely
02-18-2006, 09:17 PM
well imo being up 2 relatively easy sets and up a break twice in the 3rd and giving both back with several double faults in each game, counts as not handling the pressure well when it counts. ie choking. to some people choking entails playing like ass for the rest of the match, a good quality match can still involve some choking. not the biggest choke ever, but imo still a choke, he had chances later in the match but still choked when it mattered most.:shrug:
You're right that Blake obviously did not use his possibilities and threw them away, but it was still a very good match with a very positive winner to unforced error ratio which held up until the final set tiebreak. Break point, return winner. Match point, everything-or-nothing return winner into the corner. Blake didn't finish it several times, but he stayed competitive until the end and it's not like that Agassi had nothing to say about the outcome of the match. If you want to use "choke", then it was at least a very high quality and entertaining one and not one of the kind where after a certain point only one player dominated whereas the other one has a complete crack in his game and only goes down the drain from there on.

PamV
02-18-2006, 09:34 PM
JCF is a nice guy but he has been choking for a long time.....even back when he lost in his first FO final. Give him a break, it's just who he is.

PaulieM
02-18-2006, 09:36 PM
You're right that Blake obviously did not use his possibilities and threw them away, but it was still a very good match with a very positive winner to unforced error ratio which held up until the final set tiebreak. Break point, return winner. Match point, everything-or-nothing return winner into the corner. Blake didn't finish it several times, but he stayed competitive until the end and it's not like that Agassi had nothing to say about the outcome of the match. If you want to use "choke", then it was at least a very high quality and entertaining one and not one of the kind where after a certain point only one player dominated whereas the other one has a complete crack in his game and only goes down the drain from there on.
i agree. like i said you can still choke and play well afterwards. i don't think you have to completely fall apart a la coria for it to be a choke, doing that would just make it a ridiculously bad choke. james had that match, and couldn't handle the pressure of closing it out. the first 2 and half sets he outplayed andre but he let him back in. it was good quality till the end and very entertaining for sure. andre hardly got handed the match but mentally james just couldn't do it up a break twice in the third; in the moment he choked, a lot of double faults and easy misses. to me not being able to handle it mentally when you've pretty much got the match in your hands like that is choking. :)

Mount Goddess
02-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Choke = being unable to breath properly as something is blocking your windpipe.

Hmm I see nothing in this that says anything about losing a tennis match.

fenomeno2111
02-18-2006, 10:03 PM
OK ppl, then define choke.....I also want to ask how many people who use the word choke as an everyday thing on MTF play tennis competitively, I don't mean pro but at least have played tourneys or play in a league, etc...I mean sometimes I'm playing a great set and then my opponent starts playing better and my level goes down as well because it's very hard to keep the intensity up, sometimes you miss a shot that you make 9 out of 10 but you don't want to mess up, Do u understand what im saying???? I mean sh*t happens, and in tennis you are by urself, there are no subs, timeouts (unless your name is Djokovic) or one team mate that can carrry you on...there is no luckin tennis because you have to win 2/3 sets...there's my humble opinions fellow MTF user...

Angle Queen
02-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Choke ;)You funny boy, you.

You stole my line. :p

Lou_Lou_Ferrero
02-18-2006, 11:05 PM
People often use the word choke, because they are only watching the livescore. They only guess what is hapening, and can't understand why players loose several points in a row when its simply because their opponent just hit some amazing shots.
You'll have to get used to it because this forum is loaded with gamblers who tend to just watch numbers.

very good point.

Peoples
02-18-2006, 11:10 PM
There this thing called momentum. If you lose it at a crucial moment in a match and for that reason end up losing then you can be called choker. It's as simple as that.

amarone
02-19-2006, 12:03 AM
I don't agree with that. Momentum is very important, but I wouldn't call everyone who loses momentum a choker. That way there is someone choking in almost every match. I think the word choke should only be used when someone really, obviously loses a match beacuse they lose their nerves.

Most of the time one of the players is simply better on that particular day.

Hola Mr. SK
02-19-2006, 01:22 AM
:spit:

sharpeirob
02-19-2006, 08:33 AM
:spit:
Be careful, dont choke on it!

Peta Pan
02-19-2006, 12:15 PM
I mean sh*t happens, and in tennis you are by urself, there are no subs, timeouts (unless your name is Djokovic)
What an intelligent thing to say when you yourself have Andy 'puke and have a neverending timeout' Murray in your own signature :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

maria87
02-19-2006, 01:14 PM
very good point.

agree too, very good point!

sharpeirob
02-19-2006, 02:37 PM
omfg they are at it again, this time with Ancic!

Bastards!

sharpeirob
02-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Ancic lost fair and square. End of.

Peoples
02-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Yes, Ancic choked fair and square. But at least he made the final, that was good.

sharpeirob
02-19-2006, 02:44 PM
No.He.Did.Not.He.Just.Sucks.

NATAS81
02-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Saying that he sucks is almost as rediculous and needless as the thread itself as it's clear to see he hasn't reached the peak of his career just yet.

Though I agree choke is well overused not only on this board but in many sports where there is a particularly huge stake on one component.

It becomes even more childish when people criticize players who have come off of injuries.

sharpeirob
02-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Saying that he sucks is almost as rediculous and needless as the thread itself as it's clear to see he hasn't reached the peak of his career just yet.

Though I agree choke is well overused not only on this board but in many sports where there is a particularly huge stake on one component.

It becomes even more childish when people criticize players who have come off of injuries.

I agree, the thread is pointless!

SloKid
02-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Thank fuck for that, dont get on the wrong side, or I will bring out my :Rawwb: side. Hopefully, you dont have any idea what I talk about.
You havent seen what I am capable of :tape: :rolls:
:tape: :tape: ;)

sharpeirob
02-19-2006, 03:14 PM
:tape: :tape: ;)

Milan!! How you doing??

Its so hilarious none of them know my alterego :tape: :tape: :tape:

SloKid
02-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Milan!! How you doing??

Its so hilarious none of them know my alterego :tape: :tape: :tape:
Bored as hell :lol:

They don't know what they are missing out on...:tape: :lol:

You?

sharpeirob
02-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Okay I guess, I am starting to miss not being able to have 'fun' on WTAWorld, it kinda stinks here....but i said i would run a agame on here to keep me occupied.

sharpeirob
02-19-2006, 03:30 PM
They don't know what they are missing out on...:tape: :lol:

:rolls: :haha: Actually, they did get a taster a few months back when I got mysled banned here too but lets not mention that :rolleyes:

Your signature is very soulsearching

SloKid
02-19-2006, 03:34 PM
:rolls: :haha: Actually, they did get a taster a few months back when I got mysled banned here too but lets not mention that :rolleyes:

Your signature is very soulsearching
:eek: :lol:

My signature is a tribute to the Olympic spirit :lol:

sharpeirob
02-19-2006, 03:37 PM
I know that, but its a great quote you found is what I meant

thrust
02-19-2006, 03:38 PM
I agree, the word choke is used much too often on both forums.

SloKid
02-19-2006, 03:47 PM
I know that, but its a great quote you found is what I meant
Yeah, it was used in Olympic TV promos. :)

NYCtennisfan
02-19-2006, 04:45 PM
sharpeirob, your head will explode if you are looking at the other threads in GM right now. :)

There are 6 or 7 threads about "chokers" or "choking" or players being "chokers" right now, about 1/2 of all the threads on the first page

Choke is used WAY too often around these parts.

sharpeirob
02-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Tell me about it, I am already going mental over it. Idiots!

Rex
02-19-2006, 05:26 PM
wow- well i dont really feel that choke is a nice thing to say, i mean players put themselves out there, there is such a thing called pressure...