2003 Blue Book [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

2003 Blue Book

ubrunjensen
11-17-2003, 03:43 PM
Okay, I know this is kindda silly, but I'm just trying my best to find new topics for us to discuss, with winterbreak and all :)
So, folks, who will you award:

1. Best newcomer of 2003?
2. Best Grand Slam final of 2003?
3. Best surprise of a Grand Slam 2003?
4. Most deserved win of 2003?
5. Most likely to win a Grand Slam for the first time?
6. Most likely to retire in the near future?
7. Most likely to do a Johnny Mac and get disqualified for bad behaviour?
8. Most likely to get a halo soon?
9. Worst win of 2003?
10. Worst disappointment of 2003?

My own pick:

1. Don't know any new young players...
2. Hard to say, with all the finals being pretty one-sided affairs, maybe Wimbledon?
3. Grosjean, of course!
4. Federer winning Wimbledon
5. ??? Want to say Grosjean, but...
6. Agassi, surely, he's not getting any younger! Kafelnikov is just talk and talk, but no action!
7. Safin, when he makes a comeback
8. Henman, for being so annoyingly modest & gentlemanlike
9. Roddick winning US Open/Stella Artois
10. Ferrero at the Masters

I'm looking forward to your replies! :wavey:

wilma
11-17-2003, 05:53 PM
Okay Ulla, thank you for keeping us occupied. Here are my results:

1. I liked that Swedish guy but forgot his name … I think Robin Soderling, or something similar.
2. Wimbledon
3. Federer
4. Federer winning the Masters
5. Sébastien Grosjean, definitely
6. Agassi, I agree with you Ulla. Enough’s enough
7. Andy Roddick (I hope)
8. Either of the Belgian girls, but only in Belgium of course (you didn’t say it had to be a man!)
9. Roddick (because I don’t like him to win, esp. in the US) and Schüttler (winning Tokyo)
10. Seb losing in the first round of the US Open (even though I had predicted it - couldn't watch another match for days)

esther
11-18-2003, 06:20 AM
Hey Good idea ulla!!

GUILLERMO CORIA...hello easy winner of that!

JC vs Verkerk...one sided but hey

Seb at Wimby.

JC at RG

hmmm Seeebbb *fingers crossed*...otherwise Guillermo...i mean he won 3 tournaments IN A ROW without dropping ONE set so he's going to win a major sooner or later

Agassi i gues is the obvious pick

Roddick has been there and done that hasnt he...ughhh i want to forget about him lets not talk about him until next year!

hmmm i dunno...

9. Worst win of 2003?
i think u know my answer to that...but along with that, Schuettler winning that match against Seb that we were watching on the net...i forgot which tournament that was LOl but that was sooooooooooo bad

same as #9...JC losing USO...but actually Seb losing to Mark was probably the worst. The masters cup has been a joke so that doesnt count...JC not finishing number one but thats more anger than disapointment ;P

Lindsayfan
11-18-2003, 06:29 AM
Nadal.Coria is the most improved player,not the best newcomer.
all GS finals have been one sided so I'd pick Juanqui vs Verkerk @ RG
Verkerk
Juanqui winning RG
Juanqui and Rogi
Ferreira (he said that!)
Andy Roddick @ Masters Cup
what?! :p
9. Worst win of 2003?
Roddick winning US Open
France losing to Switzerland Davis Cup quarterfinals :sad:

esther
11-18-2003, 06:34 AM
omg yeah i forgot about france in DC!!! of course... about coria being most improved and not newcomer...i guess thats true but he's still a *newcomer*...i mean not REALLY but u know what i mean. Aww i love Ferreria!! I hope he has a happy retirement :)

wilma
11-18-2003, 10:08 AM
OOPS totally forgot about Martin Verkerk. Our national hero! Completely blocked him from my mind. Since that achievement at Roland Garros he hasn't really done anything, has he. He tried to convince Dutch tv viewers repeatedly that he is in good form the past few months, but somehow I don't believe him....

ubrunjensen
11-18-2003, 03:03 PM
I like the votes for Nadal and Söderling. Couldn't remember them at the crucial moment when I was busy doing my questions for you. They both impressed me a lot, especially Nadal at the US Open. I'm sure we'll get used to hearing a lot more about him as he grows older. Söderling is very much the new Swedish hope. Saw him on Swedish tv a few weeks ago, he seemed very nice, quite clecer and all. Verkerk, yes, but I didn't see the RG final, so I thought it a bit unfair of me to vote for RG final and/or Verkerk. What happened to him after RG? Was he injured?
I rather like my 10 awards questions! It's great to see how you people vote!

Lizan
11-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Good idea Ulla

hmmmm.. tough one, who was new this year. I thought Mario Ancic could be good in a short time, but he was from last year.

You guys kiddin me about Verkerk/Ferrero. It was really soooo boring. In all Grand Slams this year wasn't so much tension (???).. But I keep it to Wimbledon (coz of Federer)..

Martin Verkerk

Roger Federer.. He's just to good.. He can beat everybody! I hope he will be nr 1 once! He really deserves that!!

Kim Clijsters (in womans tennis) and uhmmm my cute baby sweety darling Seb (pleazzzzzzz)

AGASSSSSSSSSSSI (and hurry up please)

Most likely? I guess I also say Andy roddick

What the hell is a halo????????????

9. Worst win of 2003?
Agassi winning AO, and Roddick winning US Open. Don't like those two!!

SEBBBBB.. I'm a little dissapointed that he didn't win anything this year, and that he didn't make it to the masters.. But whatever, I'll forgive him. Only if he makes up for this next year!!

ubrunjensen
11-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Oh, sorry, let me explain: a halo is the thing you give angels and Virgin Mary above their heads. And my question is really a bit silly, I just meant: anyone out there so nice and perfect that they deserve a halo? I chose Henman for being almost too much of a goody-goody. I mean, the guy never loses his temper, he's always nice to the press, he always says nice stuff about his opponents, even when he protests against the umpire's decision he does it in the nicest way...
I hope you understand me now. I didn't explain it very well the first time around.

Lizan
11-19-2003, 04:22 PM
ohhhhhhh okay.. Uhmmm I kindda agree with ya (hehe Alison I'm doing the same as your dogforum :lol:.) Tim Henman, OMG he was soooo ennoying one time, when he had to play Goran in Wimbledon semi final. Arrrghh with his fist :banghead:, you know I was so nervous, and wanted Goran to win so badly .. But when he played Seb at Queens he was sooo adorable, so I forgave him. I remember Seb hitting a ball in a not so nice place to hit a ball, he was acting really adorable..

esther
11-20-2003, 01:57 AM
I remember Seb hitting a ball in a not so nice place to hit a ball, he was acting really adorable..

whats that???

Lizan
11-20-2003, 11:34 AM
you don't know?? I don't know but it seems te be very painful..