Brasil Bling Bling! No Fun In The Sun and Surf..Just Lots Of Tennis [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Brasil Bling Bling! No Fun In The Sun and Surf..Just Lots Of Tennis

NicoFan
02-16-2006, 01:10 PM
No one will agree with me :lol:, but he's worked so hard for so many weeks, all the pressure in Vina and the Davis Cup, and then the tough match with Carlos where he worked so hard....I think our Nico deserves a break.

Plus he's got a tough schedule coming up: Acapulco, IW, Miami and then Davis Cup again.

So I say...have fun in Brasil Nico! :woohoo: Party, chill, enjoy the beach, and only practice enough tennis to stay in shape. :kiss: :hug:

NicoFan
02-16-2006, 01:39 PM
He said in an interview in Radio Cooperativa that he might not play Brasil - he's leaving it up to his coaches. But that he wants to play.

Personally I think that he should take the week off.

But that's my humble opinion.

kidnicky
02-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Oh you know NicoFan that I agree with you completely!!! So for me Nico can take the next week off, he has a lot to come and he really needs the rest!!

Besides he has to be in Acapulco so Nico have fun and I want you there :lol:

Sparko1030
02-16-2006, 04:32 PM
I agree with you Nicofan! I'm glad he leaving the decision to his coaches-Gaby will make the right choice. Left to Nico I think he would play no matter as that is just the kind of guy he is.

Hey, wasn't it in Brazil were those super hot pics of him in the ocean were taken???? He can go to Brazil even is he doesn't play and have some fun! :lol:

Fergie
02-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Nico please take a rest ;)

kidnicky
02-16-2006, 05:26 PM
You're right Sparko, we own to Brasil those incredible sexy pics :silly: so once again I agree with NicoFan, he could go to Brasil, have some fun, some rest and more of those kind of pics :p

Gaby, let Nico rest and have some fun, then I could have him in perfect shape in Acapulco and with a beautiful tan too :inlove:

NicoFan
02-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Sparko - glad you said that - I'll have to post the pictures here tonight.

The loveliest pictures of Nico ever taken!! :woohoo:

And Kid - from what I saw on TV during Vina, he's already very tanned. Lucky you!!! I'm jealous. :lol:

kidnicky
02-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Oh those pics :kiss: I don't know if I can't take them again :lol:

I know he's very tanned already ha ha! I know that I'll be lucky, it will be the best way to die, in Acapulco watching to that gorgeous chileno :inlove:

And hey! you'll see him a week later right?? so it's not only me the lucky one :p

NicoFan
02-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Yup....and with all the sun in Acapulco and IW, the good news is that the tan won't fade by then! :yeah:

kidnicky
02-16-2006, 07:21 PM
You're right!! :haha: ... If Nico could read this :lol:

NicoFan
02-16-2006, 07:45 PM
If Nico could read this :lol:

He love it! ;) :lol:

NicoFan
02-17-2006, 02:52 AM
Nico has decided to play Basil. We should have known. :lol: That's our fighter.

From latercera.cl:

Finally the national tennis player Nicolas Massú decided to be part of the ATP of Costa del Sauipe, after assuring that has not felt greater physical inconveniences.

The national one, next to his coach Gabriel Markus, they reckoned convenient to continue in the tour, owed al good level that is exhibiting the Chilean, what would be able him to report dividends at first of the year tenístico.

In this way, the Chilean began to leave behind the bad gust of wind that had last season, full of wounds, and he will try to take advantage of the first part of the year to be again inside the better of the world, therefore are very few the points that should defend.

NicoFan
02-17-2006, 01:06 PM
I can't say that I like this at all - Gaby doesn't want him to play Brasil but he wants to. Nico - please listen to Gaby. :sad:

From latercera.cl:

Nicolas Massú wants to take advantage of the moment by the one that crosses. Though his coach, Gabriel Markus, was of the idea that did not play the next week to dedicate it al rest, the viñamarino changed of plans encouraged by the level of play that is showing and that had it very near defeating in the quarterfinals of the ATP of Buenos Aires al Spanish Carlos Moyá, before who fell in the tie break of the third set.

The Chilean is motivated and therefore that the next week in Costa del Sauípe, third tournament of the clay tour of South America.

"Yes, it decided to go because though physically is a little tired, is with desires. Besides that today (yesterday) did not do anything of tennis and recently on Saturday will take up again the practices, for which has time to be recovered", commented Manuel Massú from Argentina, father and representative of the player.

One should recall that the "Vampire" dragged a problem al right abductor during all last week in Rancagua. Even it doubted to play this week in Buenos Aires, nevertheless the results of various exams determined that did not have anything serious. The idea of the national player is to return as soon as possible al group of the 50 better than the world and therefore its idea to continue playing, therefore during all the first quarter does not defend points.

Self-criticism

Massú regretted its rout before Moyá, nevertheless went clam and with several lessons. "I believe that there were passages of the match in which I descended the intensity and that I should be more aggressive in key moments. It is something that have to converse with my coach. But I remain calm because I am fast and lit", the Olympic champion said in an interview.

The number two of Chile also was shown a little contradicted with respect al I boo that was carried of the Argentines after his loss with Moyá.

"One does not it feel well, but already to hours of the match one assumes that that is part of the spectacle. Last week I played with six thousand people to favor and now with six thousand in against. Buenos Aires is like my second home, but I know that at times weighs that rivalry Chilean-Argentina. But it is part of the spectacle", commented Massú.

NicoFan
02-17-2006, 01:11 PM
From what this sounds like, Anselmi doesn't want him to go to Brasil either. But I think I can understand why Nico wants to go - just speculating of course, but Nico doesn't do well at IW or Miami - but he does do well in the LA tournaments so he probably figures he can pick up some points there.

From latercera.cl:

One of the pillars in the present recovery of Nicolas Massú, besides his coach Gabriel Markus, is the Argentine physical coach Horacio Anselmi. The PF began his work this year with the viñamarino and already the results are being seen of whom he is considered al another side of the mountain range one of the better in his work.

"I believe that Nicolas today is to 80 percent of what can show and that in any player he is 110 percent", said Anselmi from Argentina.

According to the PF, Massú arrived very exhausted emotionally from Chile after the series by Cup Davis before Slovakia.

"That it was noted in his first match (against the Brazilian Marcos Daniel), but yesterday (Wednesday) against Carlos Moyá already felt well. Of the athletic point of view is without problems", added.

The decision of the viñamarino to play the next week in Costa del Sauípe does not leave indifferent to Anselmi.

"The problem that we see in Nicolas is that himself sobreexponga too much and his system be exhausted nervous product of the stress that lives in each match. One must take care of for the stress does not consummate it, because that can bring accompanied problem of injuries", commented the PF.

Anselmi assures that so much he as the team that accompanies al Olympic champion does not have like goals that the player show its peak of performance the next week in Brazil.

"We aim at the large tournaments as Indian Wells (6 of March) and Miami (20 of March). To Nicolas has to go him well in the Masters Series and the Grand Slams".

NicoFan
02-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Here's the official tournament web site link:

http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/brasilopen/index.htm

kidnicky
02-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Good morning to all!

Hey NicoFan there's an opinion about our Nico by one of the guys in la tercera.cl, is really interesting and it makes you happy to read things like these.

Anyway this is the link for your translation ... http://www.latercera.cl/medio/articulo/0,0,3308_5832_189152537,00.html

NicoFan
02-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks for finding that Kid! That does make you happy to read. :)

From latercera.cl:

The night on Wednesday was seen the best encounter of the ones that go of the recent edition of the ATP of Buenos Aires. Time ago that there was not a party of so high level, with five thousand people that themselves did not they move from their seats of the Lawn Tennis when already were past the an in the morning. So much Carlos Moyá as the Nicolas Massú itself "they killed" running, in a match that either could have earned.

Nicolas showed an enormous heart. He was seen very improved technique and physically. And it finished losing against a Spanish player that showed that is also recovering its level and that had to show its better repertoire to win. Removing well in the important moments, Moyá had to be endeavored al maximum to defeat a player that showed a great level and great capacity of fight, an aspect by the one that very is recognized here in Argentina.

When Massú is well physically shows the good thing player that is. Because he depends a lot of this aspect to yield. He arrives well to the balls and he can hit with his right of comfortable form, a deadly weapon that complicates to any. And al except the night on Wednesday, the Chilean showed that he goes along the way correct. Again with Gabriel Markus as the coach, who, along with Horacio de la Pena, is the best coach than there is in Argentina. The it is doing a fantastic work with Nicolas, that am sure that will become again inside the 20 players of the world. Because he is not a tennis player to be 60. His great problem will be to fight with boys that to each while they appear and that arrive with some enormous desires to succeed. But Massú also recovered the hunger and the energy to become again among the better.

NicoFan
02-17-2006, 02:36 PM
It is nice to see him get that hunger back - he's always had it since I started watching him in 2002 - but after the US Open last year, he lost it. I don't blame him - he had such a shitty season, and after awhile, that could overwhelm anyone.

But he's definitely got it back now!!! Our fighter! :boxing:

Just hope that he isn't pressuring himself too much though. :sad:

kidnicky
02-17-2006, 02:55 PM
And about the decision to play in Brasil, like NicoFan said, we already knew that Nico would play. Besides if he's feeling better I agree, he should take advantage of these tournaments where he can play better and get good results.

NicoFan don't worry, you know that I had to read the articles in spanish to get the all ideal :lol:, and they said that originally Gaby have thought to take the next week off but after see how well Nico is been doing, they took the decision to play in Brasil, that's what also Papá Massu said.

And Anselmi said in those articles that the part that they have to take care of Nico is that he could over expose himself and that could carry stress and his nervous system can get tired, that's the problem that he can see that Nico could have but at the same time they're always checking that. So I guess that having all this great staff around him, if he could play he will play but if not, he won't, you all know that Gaby and all his staff wouldn't say "yes, do whetever you want" because that's one of the conditions that I coach, specially one like Gaby, demand when they get hired.

I don't know if you understand me, the medical words in english are not my best :p, but at least I'm more convinced now, besides, he'll be training again until tomorrow, so 2 days without tennis or exercises at all, and 4 days off, he'll be better on Monday, and Anselmi also said that they're not expecting Nico's best performance in Brasil, they'll expect that until IW.

Well that's all, after all my rumbling :lol: He'll be fine ... He has to be fine!!!!!! Nico take care!!! we love you! :hug:

kidnicky
02-17-2006, 03:02 PM
He's definetely our fighter!!! after watching those tennis pro videos that I told you, there's one from Dusseldorf (last year) and Chela and all the argentinians couches asked to him about a top 5 of fighter tennis players, he said in one Rafa and in 2nd Hewitt, but all of them said to him (including Chela) "No no, Hewitt is not more than you Vampiro, Hewitt is definetely not more fighter than you". And if all the those people think that is because it's true!!

So just take care of yourself Nico!!! We're so proud of you!! VAMOS!! :rocker2:

NicoFan
02-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Gracias for clarifying that Kid! :hug: What would we do without you!

Glad that Nico and his team are all on the same page. And that he really is listening - he wasn't at the end of the fall but sounded like he was going to this year - so I was confused when he said that he would take their advice, and then in the first article it sounded like they said no, but he overrode their decision. Glad that's not true though! :yeah:

And does sound like he was stressed - that's when I wish he had a different and easier profession. I don't like it when he's all stressed out like last summer - I think that July and August were two of the worst months that he's had in his career. :sad: And now maybe he's pressuring himself to move back up the rankings. I hope not.

And that's a cool story about what they said to him on the tennis videos! He is a huge fighter! I agree with Chela and the argentine coaches - he is only second to Rafa in the fighter category!!! :boxing:

kidnicky
02-17-2006, 03:47 PM
De nada NicoFan :hug: and if I weren't here, you'd only have to wait for Alonso and he'd do the clarifications for you :lol:

That's why I have to read the articles in spanish all the time, first I'm not an english expert and I always get confussed when I'm reading the translations lol! and second, because you know that we, the latin americans, not only have modisms, we also have different meanings and interpretetions depending the situations :p And like you said, we knew at the begining of the year that Nico had committed with his coaches and this sounded like he weren't listen again to them and I'm pretty sure that this is not the case, you already saw how thankfull he is to Gaby (at the Viña final) :hug:

The last year was a pretty difficult year for him, you could see that everytime that you see him, even in the tennis videos, Chela was always saying how great he is and keep repeting "the double olympic champion" and everytime that he listened to those words, he looked sad and saying that all that was over and that the famous tennis player was already over. Thank God that the fighter is back again! :fiery:

And a big :hug: to Chela because everytime that he's with Nico during tennis pro, he's always saying the double olympic champion and how great Nico is!!

Love ya Nico!! :kiss:

kidnicky
02-17-2006, 03:51 PM
btw I love your new signature NicoFan :yeah:

I have it on my avatar CHILE POWER!!! :fiery:

NicoFan
02-17-2006, 04:22 PM
De nada NicoFan :hug: and if I weren't here, you'd only have to wait for Alonso and he'd do the clarifications for you :lol:

That's why I have to read the articles in spanish all the time, first I'm not an english expert and I always get confussed when I'm reading the translations lol! and second, because you know that we, the latin americans, not only have modisms, we also have different meanings and interpretetions depending the situations :p And like you said, we knew at the begining of the year that Nico had committed with his coaches and this sounded like he weren't listen again to them and I'm pretty sure that this is not the case, you already saw how thankfull he is to Gaby (at the Viña final) :hug:

The last year was a pretty difficult year for him, you could see that everytime that you see him, even in the tennis videos, Chela was always saying how great he is and keep repeting "the double olympic champion" and everytime that he listened to those words, he looked sad and saying that all that was over and that the famous tennis player was already over. Thank God that the fighter is back again! :fiery:

And a big :hug: to Chela because everytime that he's with Nico during tennis pro, he's always saying the double olympic champion and how great Nico is!!

Love ya Nico!! :kiss:

The translations do make it difficult. The worse one was when they had to article on Nico getting on the lottery ticket. But they didn't call it that - it had another name that I can't remember exactly that sounded terrible. And there wasn't a picture. So we were thinking no one liked Nico in Chile anymore! :lol: And Ricardo came on and said no - its a lottery ticket! :haha:

Oh that makes me sooo sad what Nico had said about the Olympics and being a famous tennis player being over. :sad: So yes, a HUGE :hug: and :kiss: to JI!!!! Poor Nicolas. :hug: Watching the Olympics makes me remember what he did - and no matter whatever happens in his career, that is something he should always remember and cherish because it doesn't happen to too many people. Its very special and unique, and no one can ever take it away from him.

NicoFan
02-17-2006, 04:23 PM
btw I love your new signature NicoFan :yeah:

I have it on my avatar CHILE POWER!!! :fiery:

I like it too! :lol:

And I love your avatar - what it says and how it changes!!

kidnicky
02-17-2006, 04:35 PM
LOL! The translators really complicate our lives :lol: in fact, just for you in order to be completely convinced that Nico is not taking the decisions by himself, just check this article in radio cooperativa

Tras las dudas sobre su estado físico después de tres semanas ininterrumpidas de competencia, el número dos de Chile confirmó su asistencia al certamen brasileño.

Pese a las dudas iniciales dados los problemas físicos presentados durante la Copa Davis y tres intensas semanas de competencia, el Abierto de Costa do Sauipe en Brasil será el próximo paso de Nicolás Massú luego de finalizada su participación en Buenos Aires, donde cayó en octavos de final frente al español Carlos Moyá.

En diálogo con Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa Massú sostuvo que ya dio vuelta la hoja tras la caída frente al hispano y que en Brasil piensa tomarse el desquite.

"Ahora Viene otra semana. El tenis tiene revanchas. Eso fue lo que dije tras la final de Viña del Mar y esa revancha fue en la Copa Davis. Ahora la revancha que viene es Brasil. Así funciona esto", remató el número dos de Chile.

En cuanto a su estado físico, Nicolás Massú señaló que "estoy contento porque después del partido con Marcos Daniel los dolores se me empezaron a ir y se vio en la ecografía que sólo se trata de una sobrecarga de partidos".

La presión por conseguir un ranking mínimo para ingresar a algunos torneos ya no es tema para Massú, quien sólo se preocupa ahora de encontrar una línea tenística definida.

"El objetivo era recuperar el tenis, estoy jugando bien y es cosa de tiempo que se den los resultados. Hasta ahora, ha sido un año positivo", indicó.

Con respecto a la posibilidad de que Estados Unidos decida que el confronte ante Chile por los cuartos de final de Copa Davis sea en superficie de pasto, Massú indicó que pese a que los del norte toman ventaja de la cancha, de todos modos pueden tener problemas.

"Si eligen pasto, van a tener que adaptar al segundo singlista porque el pasto no es la superficie favorita de James Blake ni Taylor Dent. La cancha le va a acomodar más a los hermanos Bryant y a Andy Roddick. En todo caso, en cualquier superficie será difícil", dijo

La decisión del campeón olímpico de participar en el ATP brasileño la tomó en conjunto con su entrenador, el argentino Gabriel Markus, quienes consideraron pertinente intervenir en Costa do Sauipe con el fin de que, antes del inicio del circuito europeo en abril próximo, el viñamarino se ubique dentro de los 40 mejores tenistas del mundo.

The last part is just for you NicoFan :lol: it says that the decision of being playing in the ATP of Brasil, was taken WITH his coach Gabriel Markus, both of them thought that is the best to play in Brasil in order to be in the top 40 at the begining of the European tour next April.

I guess that you could use your translator for the rest, it's very clear, at least I think so :haha:

And about the tennis pro videos, what I've been talking about was from last year, when he was returning from all those injuries, you can see now the difference on his face, but it's a shame to admitt it but watching him so sad only made me love him even more :hug: :lol:

p.s. about the avatar, I've been thinking about changing it but I don't know how to do the pictures switching ha ha, so I'll stay with the same.

NicoFan
02-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Gracias for the article!

Here's the translation of the last paragraph - just for me! :lol:

The decision of the Olympic champion to participate in the ATP Brazilian took it as a group with his coach, the Argentine Gabriel Markus, who they considered pertinent to intervene in Costa do Sauipe in order to that, before the start of the European circuit in April next, the viñamarino be located inside the 40 better tennis players of the world.

kidnicky
02-17-2006, 05:17 PM
It was translated for me and for your translator, all just to have you convinced about it :lol:

Sparko1030
02-18-2006, 05:23 AM
:hug: Thanks Kid for all the work you did on translating!!! I went from being concerned about his decision to play in Brazil to feeling very good about it. Man, a decent translation makes all the differnce! And thanks also for the Tennis Pro stories! Chela will always have my support for being such a good friend to Nico.

SuperRevelation
02-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Good luck Massu!

kidnicky
02-18-2006, 07:35 PM
You're welcome Sparko! You're right, what a good translation can do :lol:

And I adore Chela :hug: not only for beign such a good friend also because of him we can get all those great videos of Nico in Tennis Pro :yeah:

The draw isn't out yet, it will be out in the middle of the afternoon almost evening for us, hopefully someone could post it here ' cause I'll have that chance until tomorrow ... anyway fingers crossed for a good draw and

BUENA SUERTE NICO!!! :bounce:

NicoFan
02-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Hmmmm... Gaby didn't want Nico to go to Brasil. :sad:

From latercera.cl:

Gabriel Markus is very satisfied with the work that he is doing along with Nicolas Massú. The Chilean is showing important progresses in his play and physically he is found in good condition. This year adds results that perhaps were expected for further on, nevertheless already he notes an end (Vina del Mar), besides two victories on Dominik Hrbaty (Auckland and Davis Cup) that raised the spirit of the double Olympic champion.

But there is something in all the moment that crosses the Chilean that maintains restless for the technical Argentine. And this it goes for the side of the dangerous thing that can result to be exposed to so much demand, the same one that the account after the Olympic Games passed him and that untied a series of injuries that maintained it al margin of the competence and to descend in the ranking.

"I insisted him that rested. I showed the pros and the contras to go to Brazil the next week, but he in the end decided to go. For me was the just moment to stop", comments from Buenos Aires the DT of Massú.

Q - But seems that is with many desires and wants to take advantage of the moment..

A - Yes, clear. The actions of the last time have injected him a lot of motivation. With his decision does not remain me more than supporting it in which he want.

Q - The idea is to arrive well physically to the two first Masters Series of the year (Indian Wells March 3 and Miami March 20) ...

A = To those tournaments aims our work. The he should reach his peak of performance in the large tournaments.

Q - And later it will play in Acapulco or is something that will be analyzed depending on how go him in Costa do Sauipe?

That we will go it seeing with the to run of the matchesand of how go feeling. But I insist that the best was that was taken a week of rest now, but at times costs that the players stop when they feel in good form.

Q - After losing against Carlos Moyá, Massú said that one of its falencias was to lose aggressiveness in important moments. Agrees with that?

A - That I caused I saw itself it. With this type of players is impossible to descend the level of play, because they take advantage of it always. I remained in agreement with what comes showing, but has to play well in the key moments.

*Viva Chile*
02-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Hi Guys! :wavey:

I got news from Nico: His rival for the 1st round of Costa do Sauipe is............. MARCOS DANIEL!!!!!!!!! :haha: I cannot believe when I read this information in www.terra.cl because you know, for third consecutive week!!! :eek: :p

Maybe the conditions will be different this time: first the weather conditions (more humidity) and then Marcos will be the local boy.... so good luck to our Nico and I hope will win this time again :yeah:

Sparko1030
02-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Here is the full draw. :lol: I had the same reaction Viva! And I agree it could be more difficult this time for Nico to beat him with it being a home crowd for Daniel but Nico can still do it.

(1)Gaston Gaudio (ARG) vs Q/LL
Mariano Zabaleta (ARG) vs Razvan Sabau (ROM)
Juan Antonio Marin (CRC) vs Ricardo Mello (BRA)
Tomas Behrend (GER) vs (8)Boris Pashanski (SCG)

(3)Filippo Volandri (ITA) vs Kevin Kim (USA)
Albert Montanes (ESP) vs Jiri Vanek (CZE)
Gustavo Kurten (BRA) vs Andre Ghem (BRA)
Luis Horna (PUR) vs (7)Alberto Martin (ESP)

(5)Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) vs Q/LL
Potito Starace (ITA) vs Q/LL
Juan Monaco (ARG) vs Q/LL
Lukas Dlouhy (CZE) vs (4)Florent Serra (FRA)

(6)Nicolas Massu (CHI) vs Marco Daniel (BRA)
Carlos Berlocq (ARG) vs Fernando Vicente (ESP)
Andre Sa (BRA) vs Q/LL
Flavio Saretta (BRA) vs (2)Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP)

Fergie
02-19-2006, 02:10 AM
Vamos Nico, beat him again ... We know that you can do it! :lol:

NicoFan
02-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Great draw!

Daniel will be tougher this time. Home boy and weather is a factor - two years ago in Brasil, Nico lost to Monaco in the first round because it was over 100 degrees and he had a lot of problems dealing with the extreme hot weather.

But I know he can do it! :bounce:

2nd round - doubt any problems.

3rd round - will be tough against JC, but I think doable. (I hope... :lol: )

*Ljubica*
02-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Daniel again - how bizarre :eek: Good Luck to Nico!
Btw - Nico will also be playing doubles' in Brazil. Here is the draw:-

(1)CERMAK, Frantisek CZE/ FRIEDL, Leos CZE vs
BERLOCQ, Carlos ARG/ STARACE, Potito ITA

HORNA, Luis PER/ MASSU, Nicolas CHI vs
(WC)KUERTEN, Gustavo BRA/ SÁ, André BRA

(3)FYRSTENBERG, Mariusz POL/ MATKOWSKI, Marcin POL vs
FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP/ VENTURA, Santiago ESP

MARTIN, Alberto ESP/ VICENTE, Fernando ESP vs
MONTANES, Albert ESP vs PORTAS, Albert ESP

SKOCH, David CZE/ VANEK, Jiri CZE vs
PATIENCE, Olivier FRA/ SERRA, Florent FRA

DANIEL, Marcos BRA/ MONACO, Juan ARG vs
(4)DLOUHY, Lukas CZE/ VIZNER, Pavel CZE

MAZARAKIS, Vasilis GRE/ PASHANSKI, Boris SCG vs
BEHREND, Tomas GER/ CIBULEC, Tomas CZE

(WC)MELLO, Ricardo BRA/ SARETTA, Flávio BRA vs
(2)GARCIA, Martin ARG/ PRIETO, Sebastian ARG

NicoFan
02-19-2006, 02:37 PM
:lol: It is bizarre.

Thanks for the doubles draw Rosie :hug:

I don't like that he's playing doubles though. What happened to a bit of rest????

Nico........ :sad:

NicoFan
02-19-2006, 02:41 PM
I changed the title of the thread to reflect our chicos refusal to rest. ;)

Fergie
02-19-2006, 03:06 PM
I like the new title! :lol:

I still can't believe that Nico has energy to play doubles too :lol:

NicoFan
02-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Nico's playing doubles tomorrow - buena suerte to Nico and Luis!!!

Quadra central

14h30 / 17h30 GMT
Qualifying - last round

Followed by
Mariano Zabaleta (ARG) vs. Razvan Sabau (ROM)

Not before 18h30
Luis Horna (PER)/Nicolas Massu (CHI) vs. Gustavo Kuerten (BRA)/André Sá (BRA)

Not before 20h30
Juan Antonio Marin (CRC) vs. Ricardo Mello (BRA)

Fergie
02-20-2006, 03:03 AM
Vamos Nico and Lucho! :yeah:

kidnicky
02-20-2006, 03:32 AM
Like I said before, Nico is uncorregible and unstoppable :lol: Nico Nico Nico, what are we going to do with you?? just support you like we always do right? :p

BUENA SUERTE NICO!!!! VAMOOOS!!! :bounce:

p.s. I'm pretty sure that after Daniel saw his draw he was like :banghead:

*Ljubica*
02-20-2006, 10:09 AM
:lol: It is bizarre.

Thanks for the doubles draw Rosie :hug:

I don't like that he's playing doubles though. What happened to a bit of rest????

Nico........ :sad:
Personally I agree with you about the doubles – I said the same in Juan’s Forum about him. I can kind of understand with Juan and lower-ranked players that they often don’t get through too many singles’ rounds, so it is guaranteed money and match practice for them, - but for Nico and higher ranked players, it always seems a bit daft to me. Still – who am I to question :rolleyes:

DhammaTiger
02-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Good luck to Nico and all his fans in Costa do Suipe tournament:yeah:

NicoFan
02-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Personally I agree with you about the doubles – I said the same in Juan’s Forum about him. I can kind of understand with Juan and lower-ranked players that they often don’t get through too many singles’ rounds, so it is guaranteed money and match practice for them, - but for Nico and higher ranked players, it always seems a bit daft to me. Still – who am I to question :rolleyes:

:lol: Does seem daft. Its the easy money cuz I can't imagine that a doubles match would help higher ranked players that much.

Though to play devil's advocate here, I remember Johnny Mac playing a lot of doubles - even when he was ranked top in the world. He did it not to get money for himself but to help out the lower ranked players get some money - because in those days, doubles gave some of those guys enough money to eat and get to the next tournament. And today for the guys outside of a certain ranking, the same can probably be said to be true. So might be nice to see some of the higher ranked players help these guys out a bit.

kidnicky
02-20-2006, 11:35 PM
well the match is over and let me tell you that if we're going to have the same problem with the live ticker as I had it today with the doubles, this will be a nightmare!!

Nico and Lucho lost 6-4, 4-6, 6-10 I don't know if these are good or bad news :sad: but at least is one thing less to be worried about.

He could only focus on singles now and to stay healthy.

Buena Suerte Nico!! :yeah:

NicoFan
02-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the scoreline Kid - wow..long match. Don't think that I like that. :sad: Now he's going to be tired for singles.

I couldn't even get it to work, and I heard everyone else was having problems too. This will suck for Nico's singles match. :mad:

NicoFan
02-21-2006, 12:59 AM
VAMOS NICO!!!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! :boxing:

You know this guy, and you know what to do.

Quadra central

14h30 / 17h30 GMT
Gaston Gaudio (ARG) vs. Albert Portas (ESP)

Not before 16h00
André Ghem (BRA) vs. Gustavo Kuerten (BRA)

Not before 18h30
Nicolas Massu (CHI) vs. Marcos Daniel (BRA)

Not before 20h30
Flávio Saretta (BRA) vs. Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP)

kidnicky
02-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Buena Suerte Nico! :bounce:

De nada for the score NicoFan, hopefully we'll have better luck today for Nico's singles match.

VAMOS NICO!!! :rocker2:

Sparko1030
02-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Good Luck Nico!!!! :kiss: You can beat him again!
VAMOS!!!!!

NicoFan
02-21-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm starting to get nervous.

But I know Nico can do it! :boxing:

And may be about 15 minute late for the match if it starts on time - I don't get home from work until then.

*Ljubica*
02-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Good Luck Nico - and good luck to everyone wth that cr***py scoreboard :fiery:

NicoFan
02-21-2006, 06:47 PM
It is terrible. :sad: I don't know what it is about live score technology - must be something very difficult because it doesn't work very well at most tournaments. :shrug:

*Ljubica*
02-21-2006, 06:49 PM
It is terrible. :sad: I don't know what it is about live score technology - must be something very difficult because it doesn't work very well at most tournaments. :shrug:
Too expensive perhaps :rolleyes:

kidnicky
02-21-2006, 07:11 PM
I don't know, I just want a decent live ticker today :fiery:

VAMOS NICO!!!! BUENA SUERTE!!!! :yeah:

LOVELY
02-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Gaston won his match so now I can root for Nico :)
Vamos Nico :yippee: and buena suerte :yeah:
Good luck with the live tickers everybody :unsure:

NicoFan
02-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey Lovely - congrats to Gaston! :bounce: And Juan won so that's good too! :)

kidnicky
02-21-2006, 08:27 PM
good wins!!! congrats to Gaston and J :bounce:

VAMOS NICOOO!!!! :boxing:

*Ljubica*
02-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey Lovely - congrats to Gaston! :bounce: And Juan won so that's good too! :)
Yes I am happy about Gastón and Juan's results - and thanks for adding your support for Juan in the Cheering Thread today Lynn - almost everyone else was supporting del Potro and I was very lonely :sad: though they were mostly a friendly bunch this time. The live ticker is complete s**t :devil: In fact yesterday and today they have got match scores completely wrong and announced the wrong winner (in the Berlocq match last night and the Serra one today) - so keep cool and have patience guys - you will need it!! I can't stay up I'm afraid - it's already late here and I have to work early tomorrow morning - so here is one more Vamos Nico :bounce: from me!! I hope for good news in the morning.

NicoFan
02-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Oh my - announcing the wrong winners? :sad:

Now I'm not going to be sure if Nico wins or loses here. :shrug:

kidnicky
02-21-2006, 10:13 PM
:lol: you're so right NicoFan

I got this site yesterday, it was working fine during Guga's match so probably it'll work fine for Nico's , although is still showing the previous match, Nico's match hasn't started yet right??

VAMOOOS NICOOO!!! :fiery:

oops almost forgot the link ha ha! http://placaruol.uol.com.br/tenis2/tenisbrasil.htm

NicoFan
02-21-2006, 10:23 PM
It did start - I'm over in the score thread. Nico is down a break already. :sad:

NicoFan
02-22-2006, 12:04 AM
NICO WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana:

:woohoo:

7-6 (3), 6-1

Don't know who is next - the official site is showing someone named Berocz (spelling) but people are saying Vicente won. :shrug: We'll see...

NicoFan
02-22-2006, 12:12 AM
It is Vicente.

VAMOS NICO! :boxing:

kidnicky
02-22-2006, 12:18 AM
Nico won!!!!! yeaaaay!!! :bounce:

7-6 (3), 6-1 !!!!!

So happy and proud of him!!! :woohoo:

Thanks Nico for making the second set easier for us!!!!!

We love you!!! :kiss:

To the next round now!!! VAMOOOS!!!

Sparko1030
02-22-2006, 12:48 AM
:rocker: Great win Nico!!! You rock!!!!

Fergie
02-22-2006, 01:41 AM
Well done Nico!!! :bounce:

Good luck in the next round :D

NicoFan
02-22-2006, 02:05 AM
Wow...JC just lost to Saretta (if the sb is right ;) ).

That opens it up for Nico if he gets to the QFs. Vicente is 100 in the world, so I'm hoping that Nico can get by him.

NicoFan
02-22-2006, 02:12 AM
Nico plays again tomorrow (Wednesday)!

VAMOS NICO! You can do it!!! :boxing:

Quadra central - 14h30 / 17h30 GMT
Gaston Gaudio (ARG) vs. Olivier Patience (FRA)
André Ghem (BRA) vs. Alberto Martin (ESP)
Ricardo Mello (BRA) vs. Boris Pashanski (SER)
Nicolas Almagro (ESP) vs. Flávio Saretta (BRA)

Quadra 1 - 14h30 / 17h30 GMT
Filippo Volandri (ITA) vs. Jiri Vanek (TCH)
Não antes das 16h00
Nicolas Massu (CHI) vs. Fernando Vicente (ESP)
Não antes das 17h00
David Skoch (TCH)/Jiri Vanek (TCH) vs. Olivier Patience (FRA)/Florent Serra (FRA)
Alberto Martin (ESP)/Fernando Vicente (ESP) vs. Albert Montanes (ESP)/Albert Portas (ESP)
Ricardo Mello (BRA)/Flávio Saretta (BRA) vs. Martin Garcia (ARG)/Sebastian Prieto (ARG)

Quadra 2 - 14h30 / 17h30 GMT
Juan Monaco (ARG) vs. Florent Serra (FRA)
Não antes das 17h00
Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) vs. Potito Starace (ITA)
Frantisek Cermak (TCH)/Leos Friedl (TCH) vs. Carlos Berlocq (ARG)/Potito Starace (ITA)
Mariusz Fyrstenberg (POL)/Marcin Matkowski (POL) vs. Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP)/Salvador Ventura (ESP)

Sparko1030
02-22-2006, 05:43 AM
Good Luck Nico!!! :kiss: You can win this one too! VAMOS!!!

*Ljubica*
02-22-2006, 06:13 AM
Well done Nico and good luck today :)

Fergie
02-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Vamos Nico! :bounce:

kidnicky
02-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Buena Suerte Nico!!!! :bounce:

Hopefully he will give us another great win as yesterday

VAMOOOS!!!! :fiery:

LOVELY
02-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Good luck Nico :yeah:

*Ljubica*
02-22-2006, 06:13 PM
And a special good luck with the scoreboard :rolleyes: For the first 45 minutes of play today it was stuck on last night's matches :eek: :devil:

NicoFan
02-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey Rosie - I saw that. :sad: And what sucks too is that the outer courts don't have the point by point. :shrug:

*Ljubica*
02-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Hey Rosie - I saw that. :sad: And what sucks too is that the outer courts don't have the point by point. :shrug:
Well they say Juan won 6-1, 6-1 which is a great result for him, - but every day they have one score completely wrong - let's hope it wasn't that one!!

kidnicky
02-22-2006, 10:23 PM
NICO WON!!!! YEAAAAAAAAY!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

What a way to come back!! 3-6, 7-6, 6-3 :banana:

Grande Nico!!! to the next round now!!!! and please, an easier match please :lol:

Love ya Nico :kiss:

Sparko1030
02-22-2006, 10:24 PM
:woohoo: Nico Won 3-6,7-6, 6-3!!!!! :woohoo:

What a great comeback win in less then perfect conditions!!! So proud of him!!! :inlove: You rock Nico!!! :rocker:

NicoFan
02-22-2006, 10:26 PM
:banana:

What an awesome win!!!

That's our fighter! :boxing:

NICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVELY
02-22-2006, 10:28 PM
well done Nico !!!!!! :bigclap:
Please do the same tomorrow but a bit faster please ;)

Sparko1030
02-22-2006, 10:34 PM

:haha: Yes, please Nico!!!!

NicoFan
02-22-2006, 10:37 PM

:lol:

I would love for it to be faster - but am not holding my breath! :lol:

And next oppponent will be Saretta or Almagro.

NicoFan
02-22-2006, 11:18 PM
I have to say again...I'm so PROUD of our FIGHTER! :hug:

And I have to say again how I didn't think that he was going to do it when he went down a break in the 2nd. :eek:

I should have known better....

Cuz the old Nico is back!!! :woohoo:

How I missed him last year....tennis wasn't the same without Nico coming back in warrior style! :boxing:

Fergie
02-22-2006, 11:50 PM
Well done Nico!!! :woohoo:

NicoFan
02-23-2006, 01:02 AM
Nico will play Nicolas Almagro in the QFs - Almagro is ranked #114.

NicoFan
02-23-2006, 01:10 AM
He's playing tomorrow (Thursday) - here's the OOP:

And thank goodness - on center court so shouldn't have as much problems as today. (I hope...)

Quadra central - 16h30 / 19h30 GMT

Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) vs. Juan Monaco (ARG)

Não antes das 18h30
Nicolas Massu (CHI) vs. Nicolas Almagro (ESP)

Não antes das 20h30
Frantisek Cermak (TCH)/Leos Friedl (TCH) vs. Gustavo Kuerten (BRA)/André Sá (BRA)

RogiFan88
02-23-2006, 01:37 AM
muy :cool:, Nico!!

Keep going, we want a title for you!!

VAMOS!

Sparko1030
02-23-2006, 06:21 AM
I'm surprised he's playing his quarterfinal already tomorrow. Glad its on central court though!

Good Luck Nico!!! :kiss: You CAN win this one too!!! VAMOS!!!

*Ljubica*
02-23-2006, 06:32 AM
Well done Nico - great comeback - and see, I told you guys he would do it ;)

kidnicky
02-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah Rosie, you're right :worship:

Poor Nico, no day off for him, anyway, hopefully he got some good rest for today's match :hug:

Buena Suerte Nico!!!! VAMOOS KEEP FIGHTING!!!! :boxing:

You can win this too!!! :fiery: (an easier match would be great :p)

Fergie
02-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Vamos Nico, I want to see you in semis now, good luck! :bounce:

NicoFan
02-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Well done Nico - great comeback - and see, I told you guys he would do it ;)

You did indeed! :lol:

I was definitely in doubt - shame on me. :eek:

kidnicky
02-23-2006, 08:47 PM
I'm going out for lunch and if the match starts at the time scheduled I'll be here 30 mins later

Buena Suerte Nico!!!!!:bounce:

NicoFan
02-23-2006, 11:39 PM

NICO WON!!!

7-6 (4), 6-3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next up in the semifinals - Juan Monaco!

VAMOS NICO!

(Sorry Rosie :hug: )

Shoot - I hope that its the first match and that I can follow it.

Fergie
02-23-2006, 11:42 PM
Nico is on fire! :woohoo:

Would be great to see a Nico with another title this week :D

LOVELY
02-23-2006, 11:47 PM
:yeah: congrats Nico !!!!!
I won't be at home tomorrow so I couldn't follow the match with you all :awww:
I 'll be back home on monday...I hope Nico will reach and win the final :bigclap:
BUENA SUERTE FOR THE END OF THE TOURNAMENT NICO!!!!!! Vaaamoooos :bounce:

Sparko1030
02-23-2006, 11:49 PM
:banana: Way to go Nico!!! :banana: It would be awesome to see Nico get another title Fergie!!!

NicoFan
02-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Me too! I want to see him win a title here too!!! :lol:

kidnicky
02-23-2006, 11:57 PM
HE DID IT AGAIN!!!! AND IN TWO SETS!!! YEAY!!! :banana:

NICO NICO NICO!!!! to semis now!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Grande Nico Grande!!!

I'm so proud of him :sobbing: :hug:

Nico I love you!!! :kiss:

NicoFan
02-24-2006, 01:59 AM
FIGHT NICO FIGHT! You can do it! :boxing:

(For me a bad time for the match - I'll probably miss the first set if not more. :sad: )

Here's the OOP for Friday:

Quadra central - 17h00 / 20h00 GMT

Lukas Dlouhy (TCH)/Pavel Vizner (TCH) vs. Martin Garcia (ARG)/Sebastian Prieto (ARG)

Não antes das 18h30
Olivier Patience (FRA) vs. Alberto Martin (ESP)

Não antes das 20h30
Juan Monaco (ARG) vs. Nicolas Massu (CHI)

Gustavo Kuerten (BRA)/André Sá (BRA) vs. Mariusz Fyrstenberg (POL)/Marcin Matkowski (POL)

NicoFan
02-24-2006, 02:04 AM
And this will be good for Nico because the heat won't be a factor at all.

Sparko1030
02-24-2006, 06:38 AM
:awww: I'm gong to miss Nico's match so I'm going to have to be sending cosmic vibes to him lol! :lol: Just keep winning Nico-you can win this one too. BIG GOOD LUCK NICO!!!! :kiss: Keep on fighting!!! :fiery:

*Ljubica*
02-24-2006, 12:31 PM

NICO WON!!!

7-6 (4), 6-3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next up in the semifinals - Juan Monaco!

VAMOS NICO!

(Sorry Rosie :hug: )

Shoot - I hope that its the first match and that I can follow it.
:hug: It's OK - you don't have to apologise for supporting your man - you can cheer him as much as you want :) And I hope you don't mind that I will be firmly behind Juanito on this occasion because he has never won an ATP title and I really want him to win his first one here! But like I said on the other thread - if Juan loses I will be glad that it was Nico that beat him (does that make sense?) - and will be cheering for him in the Final. Actually it is too late for me to stay up and follow anyway - so I will be cheering in my sleep!!!

NicoFan
02-24-2006, 01:00 PM
:hug: It's OK - you don't have to apologise for supporting your man - you can cheer him as much as you want :) And I hope you don't mind that I will be firmly behind Juanito on this occasion because he has never won an ATP title and I really want him to win his first one here! But like I said on the other thread - if Juan loses I will be glad that it was Nico that beat him (does that make sense?) - and will be cheering for him in the Final. Actually it is too late for me to stay up and follow anyway - so I will be cheering in my sleep!!!

Rosie - Totally understand your rooting for Juan! He's a really good kid - I like him too. And if he beats Nico, I hope he goes all the way for his first ATP title. Just like last week when Carlos beat Nico, I wanted Carlos to win the entire thing cuz he's such a great guy.

And understand what you mean that if Nico wins that you'll be glad it was Nico that beat him.

I hope its a good match and that both boys do their best.

*Ljubica*
02-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Rosie - Totally understand your rooting for Juan! He's a really good kid - I like him too. And if he beats Nico, I hope he goes all the way for his first ATP title. Just like last week when Carlos beat Nico, I wanted Carlos to win the entire thing cuz he's such a great guy.

And understand what you mean that if Nico wins that you'll be glad it was Nico that beat him.

I hope its a good match and that both boys do their best.
Thanks :hug: I would just love to watch this match - but all we have on TV here is Rotterdam - today's exciting match was Parmar v Rochus :rolleyes: How thriling!!

NicoFan
02-24-2006, 01:13 PM
:lol: about the Rotterdam match.

I would love to watch Nico and Juan too. I'm so disappointed. Last year The Tennis Channel had Brasil SFs and finals - I was able to watch Rafa.

This year...nada. :sad: Right when my Nico is there, and this is (I hope and think) going to be a great match if both chicos are playing at their best.

And TTC cut back on Acapulco too - we're only getting the final this year.

Lucky us - we get the ladies in Dubai. :rolleyes: And I think we're getting Rotterdam too - have no interest in that tournament so really haven't paid attention.

NicoFan
02-24-2006, 01:24 PM
From latercera.cl:

Already there is not you doubt that Nicolas Massú got the lost confidence during last year. Because the beginning of 2006 for the double Olympic champion has been very positive, considering that in this same epoch of last season not even could take the racquet. Currently the situation is different, because already adds a quarterfinals (Auckland), a final (Vina del Mar) and now a semifinal, the one that summarized yesterday in the ATP of Costo do Sauipe. The Chilean surpassed yesterday the quarterfinals in Brazil after conquering al Spanish Nicolas Almagro (114º ATP), for 7-6 (4) and 6-3.

The viñamarino had a beginning of very complicated match, after remaining 3-0 and 5-2 down in the account in the first one set. Nevertheless managed to recover and forced the first partial one al tie break, in which was a lot more sure and precise. In the second one set, Massú again left with breaking in against, nevertheless immediately returned the hand to its rival one in the game following. In the eighth play obtained the break final, the one that carried it to close the partial one for 6-3 and that the victory gave him.

"The began a lot better than I. Almagro hits very strong to the ball and was put 5-2 and I could not do anything with its play. But when I managed to break and to put me 5-4 I felt a lot better and I played better the important points", commented the viñamarino after the encounter.

One should recall that the Chilean must have been endeavored al maximum in the encounters that has earned in Brazil.

"I have had that to give return all my matches, what is also an important aspect", he added the national tennis player.

By the step to the final second of the season, Massú will face al Argentine Juan Monaco (77º), who gave the surprise yesterday al to surpass its countryman Juan Ignacio Blonde (44º), for 6-3 and 6-2. This encounter will be played today not before the 20.30 and will mark the third match between the Chilean and the transandino, who was imposed in the two previous, one of them in the first round of this same tournament in 2004 and the other in you Suffice of the same year.

"I know that I lost two times against him, but that gives the same thing. It will be a match very disputed. I am well physically, after having some problems in Vina and in Davis Cup. But after losing in second round in Buenos Aires I began me to feel better and today I am zero problem", said the two of Chile.

At first, Massú was not going to play in Costa do Sauipe and even his coach, the Argentine Gabriel Markus, wanted that he rested this week. Nevertheless, the desires and motivation of its pupilo they were able more, what up to now the reason is giving him.

With this campaign, the viñamarino itself about to return al group of the 50 better than the world. Winning today will obtain this objective, the first one of the ones that was presented Massú for this season. The last time that the "Vampire" was in this group was in October of 2005.

*Ljubica*
02-24-2006, 02:32 PM
:lol: about the Rotterdam match.

I would love to watch Nico and Juan too. I'm so disappointed. Last year The Tennis Channel had Brasil SFs and finals - I was able to watch Rafa.

This year...nada. :sad: Right when my Nico is there, and this is (I hope and think) going to be a great match if both chicos are playing at their best.

And TTC cut back on Acapulco too - we're only getting the final this year.

Lucky us - we get the ladies in Dubai. :rolleyes: And I think we're getting Rotterdam too - have no interest in that tournament so really haven't paid attention.
Actually I think we also have the lovely ladies in Dubai :rolleyes: But as you can tell I am also completely disinterested as I'm not even 100% sure they are being shown :p

kidnicky
02-24-2006, 03:19 PM
it's seems that your channels just choose the best tournaments right?? :lol: why people don't understand that we LOVE the latin players???? who cares about shriekapova that now is fascinating the world with her bikini pics :haha: anyway, we'll never got what we want :rolleyes:

Anyway, at least, hopefully we'll have a good report from the first three days in Acapulco, and that will be if I don't faint when I see Nico :lol: btw I just checked and your Juan is going to Rosie, so like I'm new in this tennis world I'll need some pictures of him to try to recognize him and take some pics for you, or at least a small review :p oooh!! and before I forget it, did you see that Daniel it's on the entry list??? :lol:

VAMOS NICO!!! BUENA SUERTE!!!! :rocker2:

p.s. Lynn I guess that I've more chance to follow the begining of the match, good time for Nico, bad for us ...

*Ljubica*
02-24-2006, 03:33 PM
it's seems that your channels just choose the best tournaments right?? :lol: why people don't understand that we LOVE the latin players???? who cares about shriekapova that now is fascinating the world with her bikini pics :haha: anyway, we'll never got what we want :rolleyes:

Anyway, at least, hopefully we'll have a good report from the first three days in Acapulco, and that will be if I don't faint when I see Nico :lol: btw I just checked and your Juan is going to Rosie, so like I'm new in this tennis world I'll need some pictures of him to try to recognize him and take some pics for you, or at least a small review :p oooh!! and before I forget it, did you see that Daniel it's on the entry list??? :lol:

VAMOS NICO!!! BUENA SUERTE!!!! :rocker2:

p.s. Lynn I guess that I've more chance to follow the begining of the match, good time for Nico, bad for us ...
I envy you so much going to Acapulco - although the European clay court season is approaching rapidly - so I am getting more and excited :) And happy to oblige with a couple of photos of Juan so you can recognise him (feel bad posting them in here today though :o - but as you asked.......) And of course - any photos and reports would be great. Do you live in Acapulco then?

NicoFan
02-24-2006, 03:40 PM
We won't ever get what we want. :sad: Latino players and Spaniards only - all day and all night! :lol:

He looks so different in that first picture! His hair seems different on court than in that picture.

And I'm jealous of both of you. I want to go to Acapulco and Europe. But I am going to Miami. Still want to go to the DC, but I'm being made fun of by a couple of the American posters for complaining about Southern California getting it 3 straight times in a row so I have to keep my mouth shut. :rolleyes:

kidnicky
02-24-2006, 03:42 PM
:lol: You'll have your clay season in Europe very soon! so don't worry ha ha! and hopefully NicoFan won't kick us for Juan's pics today here ha ha! this has to be a great match 'cause I don't want to be mad with Juan :p so like I said before, may the best man win today :yeah:

Thanks for the pics, I'll try to look for him while Nico is resting or something ha ha!! and No, I don't live in Acapulco, I live in the southeast of Mexico, so I'll travel this sunday, my first tournament and my first time that I could see Nico yeaaay!!! :bounce:

*Ljubica*
02-24-2006, 03:57 PM
:lol: You'll have your clay season in Europe very soon! so don't worry ha ha! and hopefully NicoFan won't kick us for Juan's pics today here ha ha! this has to be a great match 'cause I don't want to be mad with Juan :p so like I said before, may the best man win today :yeah:

Thanks for the pics, I'll try to look for him while Nico is resting or something ha ha!! and No, I don't live in Acapulco, I live in the southeast of Mexico, so I'll travel this sunday, my first tournament and my first time that I could see Nico yeaaay!!! :bounce:
Well I hope you have an amazing time. There is nothing to beat live tennis - the atmosphere and the excitement - you can never capture it on TV! Pictures would be great of course - but mostly just have fun and enjoy your first live tennis tournament :hug:

Eléa
02-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Hello Nico fans :wavey:

I can't believe what i will do tonight! :lol: i just had a text message on my mobile phone from my french friend Julie (who's a HUGE Nico fan) telling me her computer is broken so she won't be able to follow Nico's match tonight...
So what? who will have to follow the match for her, telling her everything will happen to Nico?! me! :angel:
She said she couldn't sleep if she won't know...
i'm a devoted friend! lol The match will start at half midnight for me :eek:

Talk to you during the match ;)

*Ljubica*
02-24-2006, 04:03 PM
We won't ever get what we want. :sad: Latino players and Spaniards only - all day and all night! :lol:

He looks so different in that first picture! His hair seems different on court than in that picture.

And I'm jealous of both of you. I want to go to Acapulco and Europe. But I am going to Miami. Still want to go to the DC, but I'm being made fun of by a couple of the American posters for complaining about Southern California getting it 3 straight times in a row so I have to keep my mouth shut. :rolleyes:
Juan's hair is really thick and naturally curly - a bit like Gastón's or Marat's........so when he is on court he has to be pretty severe with it and tie it back tightly, or else it will "escape" and fly all over the place as well as being heavy and uncomfortable and make him feel very hot. I think in the first picture he had not been playing so it wasn't tied back and it was also shorter than it is now.

Fergie
02-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Vamos Nico! :bounce:

NicoFan
02-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Elea - you are a devoted friend! :lol: So good of you to do that.

And I'm going to be here after all - got my appointment moved to earlier in the day. Yeay!

Rosie - he definitely must do major hair control on court cuz it never seemed that curly to me. Its cute though!

kidnicky
02-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Thanks for your wishes Rosie :hug: I'll be here on thursday with lost of pictures and reports (hopefully :p) and Lynn have said that to me a lot, nothing better than live tennis, I'm pretty excited about that!! :bounce:

Elea! You're such a good friend!! and don't worry, we, the Nico fans, are even crazier to follow matches, when the european tour beggins our days start pretty earyly, I've been in front of a computer at 4 am in the morning :lol: now that work starts earlier, this will kill me that's for sure!!

I guess that I'll be asking who is Juan :lol: 'cause if I see him with the hair down I'll recognize him but with the hair tight well, I don't know...

Okay time to stop now VAMOOOS NICOOo!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :rocker2:

RogiFan88
02-24-2006, 05:22 PM
VAMOS, NICO!!

It w be so great if Nico could keep going all the way to the final and beyond! ;)

NicoFan, lucky you, going to Miami? Have you been before? Sounds like a lively tourney, esp w all our fave Latinos, caramba!

Rosie, I envy you going to the European clay tourneys -- one of these days... I am dying to go to Valencia and Barcelona... or MCarlo -- and of course, RG -- the best clay tourneys of that time of year! ;)

I have to wait SOOOOOOO long before I get to my one and only tourney, Toronto... only half a year away... haven't even bought tickets.

NicoFan
02-24-2006, 06:00 PM
NicoFan, lucky you, going to Miami? Have you been before? Sounds like a lively tourney, esp w all our fave Latinos, caramba!

Rosie, I envy you going to the European clay tourneys -- one of these days... I am dying to go to Valencia and Barcelona... or MCarlo -- and of course, RG -- the best clay tourneys of that time of year! ;)

I have to wait SOOOOOOO long before I get to my one and only tourney, Toronto... only half a year away... haven't even bought tickets.

Yes, I'm excited about it. Beautiful tournament, although I have to admit, the women being there is a pain because the site is so small. And I'll be getting lots of pictures of both Nico and your Fernando! :)

I would love to go to Barcelona or MC too - someday maybe.

And I'm hoping that I can go to Toronto (Kid too!) - depends on whether Nico can get into the tournament or not. Right now he's playing so well - if he can keep it up, he'll make it into the direct entry.

Eléa
02-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Elea! You're such a good friend!! and don't worry, we, the Nico fans, are even crazier to follow matches, when the european tour beggins our days start pretty earyly, I've been in front of a computer at 4 am in the morning :lol: now that work starts earlier, this will kill me that's for sure!!you know, I really like following live scores with you the Nico fans :hug:
He's lucky to have such good fans like you all :) and my friend Julie is like you, unluckily she can't go here and moreover she's not at ease to speak english but she's a wonderful fan who support him whatever it happens.
I joked when i said i'm a devoted friend, but i can totally understand her as i'm a fan myself (not really of Nico i confess :p ) and i like her so much so it's absolutely normal :)

kidnicky
02-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Thanks Elea :hug: it's really good to have Gaston's fans here, you've been very supportive with Nico, and say Hi to your friend Julie!! too bad that she can't be here but we definetely appreciate the support to our Nico!!

Oh RogiFan and like NicoFan said, if Nico keeps winning and gets the direct entry to Toronto, we've to be there, at least I'll try :lol:

VAMOOOS NICO!!!!

NicoFan
02-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Elea - we'll make you a Nico fan yet!!! :lol: He's such a sweetie. :hug:

Yes, say hola to your friend for us. Too bad she doesn't feel more at ease speaking English - but tell that she's welcome here anytime. We don't mind how someone's English is.

Eléa
02-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Thank you Lynn :hug: be sure i will tell her :) and about becoming a Nico fan myself... :rolleyes: we'll see ;)

Eléa
02-24-2006, 10:28 PM
:woohoo: great news for me! My friend Julie just told me that her father seems to have repaired her computer ! so i'm allowed to fall asleep before Nico's match! :lol: i will let my computer on because i'm curious but don't be surprised if you don't see me! i'm already tired :o
If i sleep soon, i already wish you good luck for your Nico :)

My sweet friend LOVELY just send me a message and asked me to say hello to all of you :wavey: She's in Besancon for the challenger and i will keep her informed of what happens to Nico (and to Gaston obviously! :p )

kidnicky
02-24-2006, 11:34 PM
good for you Elea!! :yeah: and at least in your dreams we'll have your support to Nico :p, and of course, so great for your friend that she will be able to follow the match.

Say Hello back to Lovely!! I hope that she's having a great time in Besancon :wavey: and for my side, I hope to have some good pics and stories from Gaston in Acapulco (don't say anything but I can't wait to see him!! of course after Nico!!! :lol:)

kidnicky
02-24-2006, 11:44 PM
mmm I think that I won't be able even to follow the first set :sad: the other semifinal is on the third set and I'll only have 20 more minutes at work ... anyway I guess that I'll have doing liveticker to my brother :lol:

So probably I won't be here but I'll be following the match that's for sure!!!

BUENA SUERTE NICO!!!! VAMOOOOS!!!! KICK BUTT!!!!! :fiery:

RogiFan88
02-25-2006, 01:59 AM
Vamos, Nico!!!

RogiFan88
02-25-2006, 02:29 AM
OK, Nico and Pico so far: 26 62!

OK, Nico, show the youngin who's boss!!!

RogiFan88
02-25-2006, 03:24 AM
Vamos, Nico, serve it out AHORA!!!! 65!

RogiFan88
02-25-2006, 03:31 AM
YAY, Nico won 26 62 75! Now he plays Alberto Martin!!

NicoFan
02-25-2006, 03:36 AM

I'M SO PROUD OF HIM!

HE'S THE COMEBACK KID!

:banana: :banana:

NicoFan
02-25-2006, 03:37 AM
Hey RogiFan! :wavey:

I didn't know that you would be here - I thought I was all alone :lol: so I was in the Brasil scoring thread!

NicoFan
02-25-2006, 03:39 AM
Rosie :hug: - be very proud of your boy (mine too when he's not playing Nico). He played a great match, and I have to admit, that I couldn't think about him during the match, because it made me sad to root against him. He didn't lose it until the end - I think that experience won out here. Next time, Juan will know what to do to get the win. :yeah: (well I hope not against Nico. :lol: )

NicoFan
02-25-2006, 03:50 AM
Here's the OOP for the final:

Quadra central - 19h30 / 22h30 GMT
Alberto Martin (ESP) vs. Nicolas Massu (CHI)

kidnicky
02-25-2006, 04:29 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I KNEW IT !!!! I KNEW IT!!!!! I'm a witch ' cause I knew it!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :lol: :rocker2: :woohoo:

My brother just updated me until the 2nd set 4-1 to Nico and then I was so happy and so confident and I was jumping screaming "I know that you'll win!! You're going to win Nico I know it!!!! and here it is!!!! :woohoo:

OMG OMG NicoFan I'm shacking and crying!!!! NICOOO!!!!!! :sobbing:

I'm so proud of you!!! :hug:

I have no words I'm so incredibly happy!!! I screamed like crazy when I saw the score board lol!

This is our fighter NicoFan!!! YEAAAAY!!!!!! :banana:

GRANDE NICO!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!! :kiss:

kidnicky
02-25-2006, 04:32 AM
oops forgot to post .... I'm so sorry Rosie! :hug: your boy did it great!

*Ljubica*
02-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Just wanted to say congratulations to all my friends in here. Of coure I am sad at the moment :sad: - it was so close, and I can't deny that I cried when I woke up this morning and realised how close my boy had come to a final :sobbing: - but your Nico fought and had the more experience - and good luck to him - I hope he wins the final now. :hug: to you all, and thanks for thinking of me in your celebrations.

NicoFan
02-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Just wanted to say congratulations to all my friends in here. Of coure I am sad at the moment :sad: - it was so close, and I can't deny that I cried when I woke up this morning and realised how close my boy had come to a final :sobbing: - but your Nico fought and had the more experience - and good luck to him - I hope he wins the final now. :hug: to you all, and thanks for thinking of me in your celebrations.

Oh Rosie, I'm sorry you cried when you saw that Juan lost. :hug: I know how that is. :sad: I cry all the time when Nico loses.

Thanks for wishing him well in the finals!!! I really really want him to win. (Obviously :lol: )

NicoFan
02-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Buenas noticias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By winning last night, Nico will be back in the Top 50!!!!

And a big sigh of relief. Our chico is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too good to be ranked where he is.

Fergie
02-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Congrats Nico! :yeah:

And good luck today in the final!!! :bounce:

Sparko1030
02-25-2006, 07:35 PM
:woohoo: I just found a computer to use here in a mall and had to check and he WON!!!!! SO PROUD OF NICO!!!!

Good LUck in the final tonight Nico!!! YOU CAN WIN THIS!!!!! :kiss:

And :hug: to Rosie-such a close match to lose. He obviously played well.

NicoFan
02-25-2006, 09:10 PM
:lol: Sparko! You must have been going crazy wondering if he won or lost!

I'm soooo nervous for tonight.

I know that he can do this!

Fight Nico fight! :boxing:

kidnicky
02-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Sorry Rosie! I know how you must feel yesterday :hug:

Sparko!!! you're just as crazy as NicoFan and I :lol:

NicoFan!!! I'm here and I need the link to the brasil site for the live ticker please!!! :p

NicoFan
02-26-2006, 12:12 AM
I'M SOOOO PROUD OF HIM! :hug:

He had such a shitty 2005 - so shitty. So many times I thought his career was over.

But he's comeback - he's worked so hard for this, he deserves it soooo much.

You can laugh at me, but I'm crying here. :lol:

YEAY NICO!

THE COMEBACK KID!!!

:bounce:

kidnicky
02-26-2006, 12:12 AM
HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!! HE WON!!!!!! HE GOT THE TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

6-3, 6-4 :banana:

I'm so happy!!!!! I'm going to cry!!!!!!!!!

NICO NICO NICO!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE BACK BABY!!!!! :woohoo:

NicoFan!!!!!!! he's back!!!!! he won the title!!!!! he's a champion!!! :bigcry:

kidnicky
02-26-2006, 12:14 AM
I'm crying too!!!!! :bigcry:

He desearves this!!!! and much more!!!!!! GRANDE NICO GRANDE!!!!!!

Sparko will freack out now :lol:

NicoFan I'm online!!! I need to talk to u! come on use that msn!!! :lol:

Fergie
02-26-2006, 12:16 AM
Congrats Nico, amazing week!!! :woohoo:

NicoFan
02-26-2006, 02:26 AM
I'm really bad at math. :lol: But by my calculations, Nico will have 845 points? If I'm right that would put him in the top 40?

I hope I'm right.

If I'm wrong, my apologies.

NicoFan
02-26-2006, 02:39 AM
Terra is saying around 40 - and I have a post into Judio to see what he figures out.

Fergie
02-26-2006, 05:14 AM
I saw the match, the last point was amazing :worship:

About the ranking: should be 43/44 :)

Iza
02-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Congrats to Nico :yeah:
and yay for his fans, they had been waiting for this title for ages :) :kiss:

Carlita
02-26-2006, 11:20 AM
:bigclap: well done Nico!!!!! Congrats to all Nico fans :yeah:

(Lynn, I can totally imagine how you're feeling!!! :hug: )

*Ljubica*
02-26-2006, 11:34 AM
I was lazy and slept in this morning - so only just found out the result. So sorry I am late here - but just wanted to say congrats to Nico for winning this title :woohoo: And most of all big :hugs: to all you loyal fans here. You're a great bunch - one of the nicest fan groups on MTF and always make me feel welcome here. Enjoy your great moment for you and your boy. Love you all :hug:

NicoFan
02-26-2006, 01:48 PM
:wavey:

Thanks for the congrats everyone! :hug:

I woke up this morning with a HUGE smile on my face. :lol:

NicoFan
02-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Interview with Nico after his win.

From Radio Cooperativa:

After celebrating his triumph against Spanish Alberto Martin in the finals at Costa do Sauipe, the viñamarino maintained to raise the crown in Brazil is an impulse to confront a full year of challenges.

Has left all well Nicolas Massú (55º of the ATP) in the last few weeks. In fact al to conquer the crown of the ATP of Coast of Sauipe completed its better month after that of damned period" of injuries that removed him of the first places in the rankings.

After playing the AustraliaOpen and to fall in the first round, Massú had a fruitful step by the dust of clay al to reach the final of Vina del Mar, to the quarterfinals of Davis Cup al to defeat to Slovakia in Rancagua, to play of great form before Spanish Carlos Moyá in the second roun of Buenos Aires and to win in Brazil.

"Already I was number nine of the world and I began the year 69º. It is not easy to return, but this victory gives me a lot of confidence for what comes. I want to arrive at Montecarlo inside the 40 better and to be able to arrive at Roland Garros as head of series", maintained Massú.

On its victory for 6-3 and 6-4 on Saturday night front al Spanish Alberto Martin in Brazil, the viñamarino commented: "I played very well. Was one of my better matches of the tournament. To the 4-1 of the second was playing perfect. Later I was a little nervous and cost me to close the encounter, but al final I recovered the concentration".

Massú confidenció that this title has a special flavor, since to last minute maintained the doubt to play in Costo do Sauipe.

"It is true that neither came to play. Was a little tired by the matches of the circuit and of the Davis Cup. It was not the tournament, but a problem with me. Therefore I had to be strong mentally to win the tournament", indicated.

In his immediate agenda, Massú refuses to renounce to play in Acapulco, that would be advisable so that took a rest. Then he will act in the Masters Series of Indian Wells (of the 6 al 19 of March) and Miami (of March 20 al 2 of April). After that will act as visit in the Davis Cup before United States (7, 8 and 9 of April). (Agencies)

RogiFan88
02-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Fantastic win for Nico! I'm so happy for him -- his first title of 2006!!! Woo hoo!!

DhammaTiger
02-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Congratulations Nico for a well deserved win :worship: :worship: :bowdown: :dance: :woohoo: :hatoff: :hatoff: :yippee: :bigclap: :clap2: Also congratulations to all Nico fans for the drought is over:yeah: :woohoo: :hug: :bigclap:

RogiFan88
02-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Brasil Open
Costa do Sauipe, Brazil
February 25, 2006
Massu Claims Sixth ATP Title

©Denis Ferreira Netto
Sixth seed Nicolas Massu claimed his sixth career title - and first since his double gold medal performance at the 2004 Athens Olympics - with a 6-3, 6-4 win over Spaniard Alberto Martin at the Brasil Open.
Massu served for the match at 5-2 but had to wait until 5-4 to claim his fifth clay court singles title on his third match point.

Argentine legend Guillermo Vilas and Brazil’s Maria Esther Bueno were on court for the trophy ceremony.

Massu claimed his second title in Latin America, having won Buenos Aires in 2002.

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID
Massu: "I am very happy since this is my first title since the Olympics. I did get nervous at the end of the match but thanks to God I managed to close it and win this very important title.

"This tournament is great and I see that it improves every year. As the tournament in my country in Vina del Mar I see this Latin American swing as very important since it allows me and the other Latin American players to play in our region.

"I also want to congratulate Beto Martin for a great week. He is a great player and a great person. I also want to acknowledge his coach (Marcos Gorriz) for being also a great professional."

Martin: "I want to congratulate Nicolas for this title. He deserved to win today. This is a great tournament and this was my second final here. I hope I can come back many times and maybe win the title.”

Day 5: Martin, Massu Advance to Final
Day 4: Chela Upset in Brasil Open QF; Martin Advances
Day 3: Gaudio, Volandri, Serra Lose in Second Round
Day 2: Gaudio Advances as Ferrero, Kuerten Fall
Day 1: Vanek Advances to Second Round
http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/news/2006/costadosauipe_saturday.asp

Chileno
02-26-2006, 11:49 PM
I guess Nico was right all along when he decided to play in this tournament. Congrats. Nico!!! I hope you do well in Acapulco and improve your clay-hardcourt transition.

LOVELY
02-27-2006, 12:00 AM
A bit late but congrats Nico and all the Nico fans here :clap2:

Sparko1030
02-27-2006, 01:18 AM
:woohoo: SO VERY HAPPY FOR OUR NICO!!!! :woohoo:

Well, I can't believe that the one (well, one of the very few) weekends hubby and I are off Nico decides that's the tournament he's going to win!!!! :lol: But I did manage to get info one way or another! So happy for Nico after all the heartache of last year. He has really come back this year so your new nickname for him is perfect Nicofan! With this win his confindence should now matches his heart and talent!

YOU ROCK NICO!!!!! :rocker: :kiss:

PoderShileno
03-04-2006, 08:04 PM
CONGRATS NICO ¡¡¡