Kiwi in Memphis [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kiwi in Memphis

kiwiteami
02-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Nicolas has arrived in america.Next up,it is memphis.I will be there on sunday and will let you know what is going on if my sidekick works there.lol.Karen will be joining me 2 days later.I hope that he can play.Since it is a very small tournament,i will get the chance to be in his face all the time..poor guy.lol.There is not a lot of good players there maybe except Haas and Roddick so he has good chances.

Neely
02-15-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm saying:
Screw the Davis Cup and back to individual play on Tour together with Sascha ;)

:yeah:

kiwiteami
02-15-2006, 05:15 PM
plus they have a very good team of doctors and therapists.

JMG
02-15-2006, 09:11 PM
The media were so critical about him on Monday, I couldn't believe it. Looks like they had disputes before the tie and also on Saturday. I think it's still the problem between him and Haas, I mean it's not difficult to see that Haas doesn't like him. For example, last year he pronounced "Nicolas" with the "s" and I wonder why he was doing that.

I hope he can play Memphis. I wouldn't say it's unimportant. Maybe he plays only 7 optionals this year and if he want to have 5 good optionals, he has to win matches as soon as possible.

Neely
02-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Everything goes, even when Kiefer and Haas are no good friends. Becker and Stich also didn't like each other. Still it was good enough for a Gold medal as a double team and for several other good results for the Davis Cup team.

Damn, do I like it when Davis Cup is gone now for a while and back to individual play on the Tour :lol: A bit embarassing that our Germans can't find together at any price it seems, but at the same time I think it's not as bad as reported by the media :shrug: But there is a big burden for them when they play for Davis Cup, that's for sure.

bavaria100
02-15-2006, 10:28 PM
The Davis Cup and Kiefer will never be friends. Somehow I have the feeling, that he can´t cope well with the pressure when he has to play in a team. The reason for his weak win/loss record in Davis Cup has to be mental, that´s for sure.

I´m so happy that he plays again next week. Let´s prove the critics (especially the german media :fiery: ) wrong Kiwi!!!

knight_ley
02-15-2006, 11:17 PM
I could so be going to memphis :sad: It's only 14 hours away. But I have three shows next week... *sigh* Matt Watts is lucky he is worth it :devil:

AUF GEHTS KIWI !!!!!!!!

:bounce:

And as for the davis cup thing, that happened so he can focus on the slams ;) WOOT!

kiwiteami
02-15-2006, 11:38 PM
Like i said it is a very small tournament.The hotel is a 5 minutes walk from the tennis tournament.The players are everywhere.So for sure Nicolas and Haas will see eachother.He better not say something stupid about Nicolas or scream at him.Cause i know the girl/almost hooker who was with Tommy 3 years ago and i will call her.lol.Yes a lot of stuff is going on in that tiny tournament.Nicolas needs to play a little before indian wells and miami.

knight_ley
02-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Amanda, let's head down to Memphis for a day! You are closer than me no? I'll drive down to Kentucky and then we'll head down there. :lol: I'll bring Matt Watts, you bring the trucker hats :p

urbanjae
02-16-2006, 05:45 AM
Amanda, let's head down to Memphis for a day! You are closer than me no? I'll drive down to Kentucky and then we'll head down there. :lol: I'll bring Matt Watts, you bring the trucker hats :p

Hahaha, yes let's go!! I think I'm 3.5 or 4 hours away from Memphis. I'll wait for you to come down and pick me up so we can party with Matt Watts and Kiwi and all wear trucker hats :woohoo:

Neely
02-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Here is the draw:

(1)Andy Roddick (USA) vs Mardy Fish (USA)
Wayne Arthurs (AUS) vs Tomas Zib (CZE)
Yeu Tzuoo Wang (TPE) vs Q
Bjorn Phau (GER) vs (8)Xavier Malisse (BEL)

(4)Robby Ginepri (USA) vs Dmitry Tursunov (RUS)
Andrei Pavel (ROM) vs Cyril Saulnier (FRA)
Vincent Spadea (USA) vs Bobby Reynolds (USA)
Q vs (6)Tommy Haas (GER)

(5)James Blake (USA) vs Kristof Vliegen (BEL)
Scoville Jenkins (USA) vs Paul Goldstein (USA)
Ivo Karlovic (CRO) vs Q
Mark Philippousis (AUS) vs (3)Tommy Robredo (ESP)

(7)Max Mirnyi (BLR) vs Robin Soderling (SWE)
Kenneth Carlsen (DEN) vs Q
Andy Murray (GBR) vs Rainer Schuettler (GER)
Jonas Bjorkman (SWE) vs (2)Nicolas Kiefer (GER)

Neely
02-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Some dangerous opponents are close to him.
Söderling, Mirnyi, Carlsen ---> they are all no walkovers on indoor surfaces
not sure about Murray
Rainer being at the moment no threat

against Björkman, Kiwi has a close and very extended h2h of 6-5, but for 2006 Bjorkman looks like he is not as successful in singles anymore
Normally Kiwi should not lose this

kiwiteami
02-18-2006, 04:34 PM
I hate Bjorkman,he better not ruin my trip.lol.I am leaving tomorrow so i will be giving you news.I will probably see him when I get there if he is at the hotel.Does someone know if he is playing doubles? I don,t know how is Murray indoor.Lets hope he has a good tournament because since australia,it hasn't been so good.

Neely
02-18-2006, 05:04 PM
I hate Bjorkman,he better not ruin my trip.lol.
really, I hope so too :hug:

also important is that Kiwi does not want to ruin your trip and that he plays well
if playing well, he should come out of this match at the winner IMO

knight_ley
02-18-2006, 06:05 PM
If Kiwi is still there on Thursday, Amanda and I are calling off work and going.... with Matt Watts.

kiwiteami
02-18-2006, 06:30 PM
I know that kiwi doesn't want to ruin my trip,i was talking about Bjorkman.3 years ago,a player that i liked lost to...Bjorkman in the first round.i will be there screaming like crazy.Mary,like i said Karen and i might go to Graceland maybe thursday.

urbanjae
02-18-2006, 08:40 PM
If Kiwi is still there on Thursday, Amanda and I are calling off work and going.... with Matt Watts.

LOL!!! I'm in! ;)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-18-2006, 08:54 PM
I think at least he can win 3 matches.(Murray will be tired.)Max plays well in DC,but he is just ok in ATP,so I think Kiwi has more chance to win. :)

kek
02-18-2006, 09:08 PM
Yes, I want to go to Graceland. Karine has the task of cheering me up on this trip. Seeing Elvis should do the trick.

kek
02-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Jonas could be hard but I think Nicolas can beat him. It all depends on his ankle. If he is healthy, he should be fine. Murray doesn't bother me. I think he is more hype than anything.

kiwiteami
02-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Yes, I want to go to Graceland. Karine has the task of cheering me up on this trip. Seeing Elvis should do the trick.

Cheer you up? That shouldn't be a problem with all the stupid things that i do in front of him.

kek
02-18-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm sure things will be interesting in Memphis :p

kfh_9118
02-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Good luck Kiwi in Memphis.

Have fun to all those who are lucky enough to go to the tournament ;)

zethand
02-19-2006, 03:14 AM
You are so lucky! Have a great time in Memphis and bring us all the gossip you can :D
Good Luck Nicolas!

kiwifan80
02-19-2006, 04:37 AM
Good Luck Kiwi

kiwiteami
02-19-2006, 05:23 PM
God i am so bored.3 hours waiting here in atlanta for my flight to memphis that takes like an hour.anyway i just wanted to test my sidekick to see if it works in the usa and good,it does.i will let you know when i will see him what is going on.how is he feeling,etc.if someone has a question to ask him please email it to me and i will try to ask him.it is such a tiny tournament and not even like downtown,so everyone is in evryone's face,there is not much to do.i am going there to relax and watch some tennis.

knight_ley
02-19-2006, 06:53 PM
ask him if he will send me and amanda wilson trucker hats since wilson won't give us any :lol:

:p

kiwiteami
02-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Ok girls i am in memphis and guess what? He is a couple of rooms next to mine.lalala.the girl at the reception asked if i want tio call him,i was like no i need to bring my luggage and shower first.but it is so damm cold.be back soon

zethand
02-20-2006, 01:42 AM
Ok girls i am in memphis and guess what? He is a couple of rooms next to mine.lalala.the girl at the reception asked if i want tio call him,i was like no i need to bring my luggage and shower first.but it is so damm cold.be back soon

Call him call him! :)

kiwiteami
02-20-2006, 01:52 AM
Ok here is the story,he is in the room in front of mine,i know cause i ran into Sasha who brought food to him.but i still didn't see him.he can't play tomorrow cause Bjorkman is still in san jose.for sure i will see him tomorrow,maybe during breakfast.for those who like the bryan twins,i was in the elevator with them.and no i won't call him.lol.it is so cold here,no wonder why he doesn't want to leave his room.lol.ok,i am so tired,i am off to bed.

zethand
02-20-2006, 02:00 AM
[QUOTE=kiwiteami]and no i won't call him.lol.QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: :lol: I will!! Give me the phone number :angel:

knight_ley
02-20-2006, 03:37 AM
Ok here is the story,he is in the room in front of mine,i know cause i ran into Sasha who brought food to him.but i still didn't see him.he can't play tomorrow cause Bjorkman is still in san jose.for sure i will see him tomorrow,maybe during breakfast.for those who like the bryan twins,i was in the elevator with them.and no i won't call him.lol.it is so cold here,no wonder why he doesn't want to leave his room.lol.ok,i am so tired,i am off to bed.

make sure you ask him for the hat ;) :p

knight_ley
02-20-2006, 03:38 AM
[QUOTE=kiwiteami]and no i won't call him.lol.QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: :lol: I will!! Give me the phone number :angel:

:haha: I'm sure Kiwi would love that! Getting a bunch of random phone calls from us .... :p I'M IN!!!!!!! ;)

urbanjae
02-20-2006, 05:05 AM
make sure you ask him for the hat ;) :p

YES THE HAT!! We want Kiwi trucker hats! And Kiwi to go with them would be nice ... but I'm sure we can just settle for the trucker hats right now haha :haha:

Neely
02-20-2006, 01:12 PM
Okay, Murray won the tournament. Now I really don't like to see Murray near Kiefer in the draw :lol: :(

kiwiteami
02-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Ok i am eating breakfast now,he is there not here but inside his room cause the sign not disturb was still there.Bjorkman will be tired cause he was in a final and maybe so will murray.i will caught him today..100% sure.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
02-20-2006, 02:27 PM
:bounce: C'mon Andy;) Hope it will be a good match!:yeah:

Neely
02-20-2006, 03:13 PM
:bounce: C'mon Andy;) Hope it will be a good match!:yeah:
what seldom visit we get ;) Loro, don't forget that Murray first must overcome the damn strong in-form Schüttler :o
(and Kiefer has Björkman)

JulliBr
02-20-2006, 03:25 PM
:wavey: Oh!! God!!! I was ready alll you put here girls... And I want to die!!! Because I could't see Kiwi anyway...

JulliBr
02-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Sorry about my english...

Neely
02-20-2006, 03:32 PM
:wavey: Oh!! God!!! I was ready alll you put here girls... And I want to die!!! Because I could't see Kiwi anyway...
Hello :wavey: I never saw you here, are you a new Kiwi fan :)

knight_ley
02-20-2006, 03:35 PM
:aparty: new kiwi fans! :aparty:

kiwiteami
02-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Ok is there someone on the board in love with Sasha here? Cause he is always in my face.but a real gentleman,huge smile,polite.makes me pass in front of him in the elevator,than says hello in the lobby.but enough..i want to see Nicolas .i am pretty sure he is at the tennis tournament right now..but it is so cold.

Neely
02-20-2006, 03:59 PM
From what I have seen of him sitting in the stands during the AO, I like him a lot and like how excited he is during Kiwi's matches. But apart from this, I don't know him any closer. I just know that he was also a bit "wild" on court during his active times ;)

JMG
02-20-2006, 04:10 PM
From what I have seen of him sitting in the stands during the AO, I like him a lot and like how excited he is during Kiwi's matches. But apart from this, I don't know him any closer. I just know that he was also a bit "wild" on court during his active times ;)

Sascha Nensel was suspended for 6 months in Germany, because he injured an umpire. That's almost everything I know about his career. :lol:

kiwiteami
02-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww he is practicing.but we can t go closer.

JulliBr
02-20-2006, 07:38 PM
:wavey: "THANK YOU SO MUCH GIRLS FOR THE WELCOME HERE :bounce: REAllY I'M HERE A LITTLE TIME AGO BUT I PRINCIPALY GET INTO THE PHOTOS POSTS :drool: WE DON'T HAVE MANY KNEWS IN BRAZIL ABOUT KIWI :smash: I HOPE TO FIND THEM HERE ;)
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :bigwave:

kiwiteami
02-21-2006, 12:13 AM
Ok here is what i saw..war between the german players.yes there is something colder than the weather here,the german team.i arrived in the lobby and there was Rainer all alone.Then Tommy arrived,they were waiting for someone.I was sure it wasn't Nicolas but what do you know,Nicolas arrived with Sasha.They passes right in front of them,without a look,no word,you feel the bad vibes between them.i was like ok.Nicolas was just looking at the floor.Oh yes,they all love each other in that team.well i am going to get some food now.

zethand
02-21-2006, 03:21 AM
Ok here is what i saw..war between the german players.yes there is something colder than the weather here,the german team.i arrived in the lobby and there was Rainer all alone.Then Tommy arrived,they were waiting for someone.I was sure it wasn't Nicolas but what do you know,Nicolas arrived with Sasha.They passes right in front of them,without a look,no word,you feel the bad vibes between them.i was like ok.Nicolas was just looking at the floor.Oh yes,they all love each other in that team.well i am going to get some food now.

Very bad they dont like each other! Tell Kiefer that he is better without them :p

knight_ley
02-21-2006, 03:46 AM
aww Rainer needs a friend :sad: I'd say that I'll hang out with him on Thursday when Amanda, Matt & I get down there, but I don't think he'll be there anymore :rolleyes:

Did you get those trucker hats for us yet?? :p

kiwiteami
02-21-2006, 03:15 PM
The guy is sick,very sick so it is not time to ask for them.Karen and i are going to the tennis tournament now and i will see what i can do.

knight_ley
02-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Aww I don't want Kiwi to be sick :sad:

Amanda, I think Matt and I are gonna leave right after the show tomorrow night and start the 14 hour drive to your house and then YOU can drive down to Memphis. I think I'll be sick of driving by the time I get to you. Okay? Okay. I'm glad we agree.

Auf Gehts Kiwi !!!!!!!!!

kiwiteami
02-21-2006, 11:42 PM
Ok people ,i just saw him,he came to me,apologized for not being able to kiss me or hug me cause he is so sick.he looks like hell.no way he is going to play not like that anyway.we talked for a while.i told him not to play cause he is too sick and not to do like in LA.he smiled and we talked and talked,nothing to do about tennis.we(karen and I) are going to dinner and he,to play blackgammon.he said he plays to use his mind.

Neely
02-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Doesn't sound good. Just too bad that he is always carrying some little peanuts with him that act up and destroy the hopes of being healthy: the neck, the back, the ankle, a cold :sad:

urbanjae
02-22-2006, 12:39 AM
Aww I don't want Kiwi to be sick :sad:

Amanda, I think Matt and I are gonna leave right after the show tomorrow night and start the 14 hour drive to your house and then YOU can drive down to Memphis. I think I'll be sick of driving by the time I get to you. Okay? Okay. I'm glad we agree.

Auf Gehts Kiwi !!!!!!!!!

Sounds good, Mary! Are we gonna take my car or yours once you get here? And I hope you like chocolate because I have a lot of Valentine's candy left, and we can eat some and be all hyper during the trip to drive Matt crazy haha.

Poor Kiwi ... I hope he gets well soon so he can play for us. Guess he just isn't used to this wacky Midwest weather we've been having this year. This is the most terrible time of year to have a tourney in Tennessee. :awww:

Auf Gehts!!!

zethand
02-22-2006, 12:51 AM
very sad Kiwi is sick :(

knight_ley
02-22-2006, 03:19 AM
:sad:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-22-2006, 04:08 AM
So can Kiwi play?If his sickness is serious he should retire this tourney. :sad:

kiwiteami
02-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Ok news.he is feeling better,is probably going to play tonight,we will be there.it is raining here,but it is a lot warmer.he is eating breakfast and out of his room and he is pretty early this morning,he shaved,was smiling.we will keep you updated but for now,we are going shopping.

JulliBr
02-22-2006, 03:44 PM
:wavey:
I really expect Nicolito be well soon!!!!!!!!! :yeah:
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :bigwave:

Neely
02-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Ok news.he is feeling better,is probably going to play tonight,we will be there.it is raining here,but it is a lot warmer.he is eating breakfast and out of his room and he is pretty early this morning,he shaved,was smiling.we will keep you updated but for now,we are going shopping.
Thanks for the news :)
It sounds more friendly already, if not this tournament, hopefully the next ones then :yeah:

knight_ley
02-22-2006, 06:18 PM
GOOD! Amanda, Matt & I are leaving as soon as he's done playing his guitar tonight. I tried to talk to his bandmates to get them to let him not play the show tonight, but they weren't buying it :lol: espeically since Matt doestn't even like tennis. So I will call you when we leave so you can count ahead 14 hours to when we'll be at your door!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

kiwiteami
02-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Ok people,we arrived from shopping and i shopped a lot.he was right there,he asked when we were,looked at my bags and told me again that i have a shopping problem.i already know that.he is better than yesterday and will be playing tonight...but before he is supposed to go shopping.

knight_ley
02-22-2006, 07:49 PM
are tehre any good mexican places near the hotel? matt wants a burrito in memphis.

urbanjae
02-22-2006, 08:42 PM
are tehre any good mexican places near the hotel? matt wants a burrito in memphis.

mmmm, I want a quesadilla while we're there!

Mary, don't forget to bring your gigantic German flag, NNK and the racquet. I will be watching out my window for you until you and Matt get here haha ;)

kiwiteami
02-22-2006, 10:33 PM
He is not playing.when we got to the tennis tournament,the doctor told him not to play.well for once he listenned to me.

urbanjae
02-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Well I'm glad he listened to the doctor. I hope he'll get well soon before his next tourney. Sometimes those cold viruses can be nasty and linger a bit longer than expected.

Get well soon, Kiwi!! :hug:

Neely
02-22-2006, 11:07 PM
It's also published on his homepage: he is not playing: that's also okay, better rest for a few more days and be 100% okay for the next tournament. I didn't expect much anyway from this tournament after his illness, that was not a good sign from the beginning.

After this late withdrawal, I hope they have a lucky loser to replace him in the draw so that somebody else gets a chance...

Alexiana
02-22-2006, 11:08 PM
that sucks... all my faves except Tommy are having a crappy new year...

Neely
02-22-2006, 11:15 PM
sorry Karine and others that you don't get to see him in Memphis :hug:

that sucks... all my faves except Tommy are having a crappy new year...
I would say in term of results, Kiwi didn't have a crappy year so far :angel: ... BUT his condition and health could be better, too many little nagging injuries: back, ankle, illness... :sad:

Neely
02-22-2006, 11:24 PM
After this late withdrawal, I hope they have a lucky loser to replace him in the draw so that somebody else gets a chance...
After checking the site, I see they already updated their OOP and found a lucky loser.

J Bjorkman (SWE) vs (LL)R de Voest (GER)

That was quick, they only did not change the nationality :lol:

kiwiteami
02-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Do not worry,he is happy and i actually see him more now than when he is playing.he was at the bar before,they left for dinner,he was smiling..so i do not regret this trip,i get to see Karen and him even more.lol

knight_ley
02-23-2006, 03:55 AM
I JUST RETURNED HOME TO GET THE FLAG. Oh well. Amanda, Matt is just gonna have to spend the night at my house ;)

OH! AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP WITH THE MARTYRDOM OR WHATEVER THAT WORD WAS! We were eating burritos and having a "debate" of its meaning between us and 2 other bands LOL. We won cuz you are smart. Woot!

get well soon kiwi !!

urbanjae
02-23-2006, 04:31 AM
I JUST RETURNED HOME TO GET THE FLAG. Oh well. Amanda, Matt is just gonna have to spend the night at my house ;)

OH! AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP WITH THE MARTYRDOM OR WHATEVER THAT WORD WAS! We were eating burritos and having a "debate" of its meaning between us and 2 other bands LOL. We won cuz you are smart. Woot!

get well soon kiwi !!

I hope the show went well tonight and I can't wait to see you!!!

You are SO VERY WELCOME for the help on martyrdom. It gave me a lovely break from work to be able to help you, and I'm glad you won the debate yay!!! :bigclap: How were the burritos? I had a chicken quesadilla tonight! Woot!

knight_ley
02-23-2006, 05:00 AM
The burrito was good but it had weird beans in it that I didn't know, but I got to taste the taco belonging to the most lovely boy ever. He is wonderful. You will meet him someday. I should go with him to whatever show is closest to you. :hearts: I WANT A CHICKEN QUESADILLA!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-23-2006, 05:12 AM
It's sad but if he insists to play,I don't see he will go further with this situation! :) He better focus on AMS to beat Federer! :lol:

kiwiteami
02-23-2006, 01:30 PM
You can start a new tread,he is gone.he left this morning at 6am.yup i am sad but we are going to graceland and i am leaving for indian wells on march 7th.