Hotels in Miami during tourney [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hotels in Miami during tourney

FerrersLinda
02-14-2006, 02:55 PM
I know, i know, not really about tennis, but def. tennis related.
I'm going to be volunteering at the tourney for two weeks, but I still haven't found a place to stay yet. All the hotels that the tournament uses are super expensive. Nothing below $100 p.n. Do any of you know of cheaper options? Or is there anybody that is volunteering as well, that would not mind sharing a room? Any tips are welcome. If I can't find anything I will have to cancel :sad: or bring a tent......maybe?! ;)

michelleg
02-15-2006, 01:48 AM
Unfortunately, it is high season here in Florida....your cheapest option is to look for a hotel in Coral Gables area.

To make matters worse (well worse for hotel availability,) the tournament also coincides with Winter Music Conference which just adds to the mayhem. Again, since that event is pretty much confined to the dowtown Bayside and South Beach areas, you should be able to find a hotel in Coral Gables that is more affordable.

Have you considered asking the tournament if there is anyone that is willing to take on a house guest or has a small guest house available for rent?

FerrersLinda
02-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the tip Michelle, I have not tried that yet. Will shoot a mail out to them this afternoon.

I have been looking on the internet for something cheap in Key Biscayne(impossible!) and Coral Gables. Seems that everything is either fully booked or way to expensive! Will keep on trying tho.

michelleg
02-15-2006, 11:36 PM
Check your private messages, sent you one regarding hotels :-)

Hope that this helps, look forward to seeing you there!

Oj-Ala
02-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Hi there !

Dont worry, you won't need to cancel your trip ok ??? Maybe you can contact another volunteer so you can share the room at one of the tourney hotels and split the cost !!!!?? :rolleyes:

I'm having trouble too with my trip... :mad: It is related to transportation !!! I want to go March 21st, but as the tournament hasnt started yet on that day, I need to find out another kind of transportation....
I can take a taxi from the hotel to the tennis, but... viceversa ??? :rolleyes: Do you think there will cans near any of the gates of Crandon Park ???

HELP ! PLEASE ! :sad:

michelleg
02-23-2006, 01:56 PM
You should be able to find one. Why not ask the driver for a number to call for a pickup when you are ready to leave?

There is also a bus stop just outside the main entrance, but I've never taken it....

I may be there that day, drop me a PM....maybe I can help you out!

Oj-Ala
02-26-2006, 10:57 PM
You should be able to find one. Why not ask the driver for a number to call for a pickup when you are ready to leave?

There is also a bus stop just outside the main entrance, but I've never taken it....

I may be there that day, drop me a PM....maybe I can help you out!

I sent you a pm michelleg !!!!!!!!! :D Got it ? :rolleyes:

Gladiadora
03-06-2006, 12:30 PM
You're probably better off checking out the smaller inns. There are a few along U.S. 1 (about 15-20 minutes) from Key Biscayne you could consider. The Gables Inn (where Capriati got busted years ago) might be under $100 a night. The Terrace Inn (a Univ of Miami favorite :/ ) might also be less than $100. Contact the volunteer services at Nasdaq via email. They might be able to recommend some other ones. The Nasdaq has hundreds of volunteers that come from out of town. There's surely some accomodation you can find (though it is a challenge). Also, you can try the smaller hotels in the South Beach/Miami Beach or downtown area. Some go for about $60- $70 a night. I'm not sure how great the ambiance is though. Good luck.

Gladiadora
03-06-2006, 02:12 PM
There seem to be several choices for you at under $100. Check out this link:

http://hotelsinsider.travelhero.com/index.cfm/country/US/state/FL/city/MIAMI/index.html

Another option, besides the ones mentioned already, are hotels by the airport. Most of them are good and known chains of hotels at reasonable prices but since they are not in the touristy areas they are more affordable. Of course, the car ride from the airport section to Key Biscayne is a bit longer (about 40 minutes).

I hope this info helps.Don't wait until the last day to make reservations. There are several of festivals and exhibitions going on in Miami at this time so the quicker you get a place to stay, the better.

its.like.that
03-27-2006, 10:29 PM
:dance: