coria on the courts [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

coria on the courts

corialover
11-16-2003, 12:43 AM
guille was defeated by Roddick,does anybody watch that great match?but it's very very pity that guille was lost!:( in the beginning of the third set,i think "oh,yeah~~guille is gonna to win the match~~~"but unfortunatelly he didn't take the advantage,you know,it's very very close to win,:(,,40-0,in his serve,you know,he should take it ,but at that time,as if he was out of concentrate,and roddick made a quick recovery,breaking the serve of guille.quicklly the match is over,no~~come on,i gonna to cried~~~:(

LubiG
11-16-2003, 01:20 AM
i saw the match and sufered every minute of it. It was terrible that he lost, i also belived he was gonna win. Well, at least Roddick lost to Federer today.

jbone_14
11-16-2003, 02:42 AM
yeah i was depressed when he lost. He shoulda won

Aleta4
11-16-2003, 12:14 PM
Really sad that Guille let Andy come back in the third with those forehand UFEs :sad:
But still was great to see how he was able to return Andy's serve from the second set on, in the first he could not get a racket on those serves but improved really well throughout the match. SO far I had my doubts about Guille on hardcourts against the monster servers but this was definatly a good sign. The mental toughness will come with time, he had a fantastic year I expect him to go even further in 2004 :D

star
11-16-2003, 02:48 PM
I'm sure that no one is more upset than Gui about that sloppy game he played. I'm sorry he has to take that into the off season. I hope it motivates him and gets him ready for next year.

Our sweet boy has a lot of work ahead of him. All the top guys are bigger and stronger than him and he will need all of his magic to hold his place next year. I'm hoping for improvement on hard courts and on his service returns.

But I agree that there is a mental component. It is holding his confidence against the top players and in the big moments.

I was so happy that people got to see what a fantastic player he is. I think he showed that against Andy. :)

esther
11-18-2003, 07:00 AM
heres to a successful Australian open! have a good off season Guille and hope to see you back better than ever next year!! :D

LubiG
11-18-2003, 06:15 PM
I'm sure that no one is more upset than Gui about that sloppy game he played. I'm sorry he has to take that into the off season. I hope it motivates him and gets him ready for next year.

Our sweet boy has a lot of work ahead of him. All the top guys are bigger and stronger than him and he will need all of his magic to hold his place next year. I'm hoping for improvement on hard courts and on his service returns.

But I agree that there is a mental component. It is holding his confidence against the top players and in the big moments.

I was so happy that people got to see what a fantastic player he is. I think he showed that against Andy. :)

Actually, for what he has said in interviews, Guille ain't sad about losing. He said even GOING to the masters was more than he expected to get this year, and that this will be useful as a leson for next time.

Nymeria
11-18-2003, 06:57 PM
sorry for not being here that long, but I was busy with school, driving lessons (I've my drivingliscense now :bounce: ) work and offcourse watching tennis. Sad that I could only see one match of Guille during the masters, but I was more lucky with the matches of Federer :)

esther
11-20-2003, 02:40 AM
hey welcome back legolas!

Kiara
11-20-2003, 12:18 PM
congrats on passing your driving test legolas!!!!:bigclap:

Nymeria
11-20-2003, 01:52 PM
Thanks Esther and Carrot :)

star
11-20-2003, 01:58 PM
:drive:

:woohoo:

:)

Nymeria
11-20-2003, 02:03 PM
:lol: Thank you too Star ;)

Kiara
11-20-2003, 07:06 PM
that is SO cute star! lol!

loly
11-20-2003, 09:53 PM
hi

Congratulation legolas for your driving test. Me too i need to studie for to pass my driving test aie aie not easy.

loly

Nymeria
11-21-2003, 12:55 PM
Thanks Rosie and Loly :)

good luck Loly :)

Iza
12-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Guille had some incredible chances this year: the RG semis, the USO quarters and this match against Dick, but he lost... :sad: No worry, he'll win more next year!
I liked it after he won Kitzbuhel that he gave his shirt to a paralyzed boy or smthg like that. He was so noble as always!

LubiG
12-06-2003, 12:18 AM
Well, i think he did pretty well this year... but he'll do even better next year :) Guille himself is really happy with his result this year

esther
12-06-2003, 12:30 AM
pretty well?!!! thats the biggest understatement i've ever heard!!! ;)

he's had an AMAZING, unbelievable year and like he said, even tho he didnt do that well in Houston, it was quite an acheievement in itself to make it there so it'll be interesting how he'll go next year and looking forward to his Aus Open campaign!

Ma. Estefania
12-06-2003, 03:47 AM
Yes, though he had a very good year, honestly...I would like him to get a little bit stronger physically...not a muscle monster, no way...coz then he'd lose his charm, je je ;) but I think it could help him a bit.

esther
12-06-2003, 12:45 PM
always room for improvement when you are a young munchkin like him!!

star
12-06-2003, 03:04 PM
This year was good, but it wasn't great.

I hope next year is a great year where he wins a grand slam event, and proves himself on hard courts. :)

LubiG
12-06-2003, 03:43 PM
Well, it was a very good year. After all, he started the year like.. what? 40 on the ATP ranking? And now he's 5th... that's a lot.

star
12-06-2003, 11:58 PM
Wish me much luck! I've just signed up to go to the US Clay Court Championships. Please please be there Gui!!

esther
12-07-2003, 02:03 AM
not a great year?!!! what the hell how much did u expect from him?!! loool i thought it was a fantastic year...*shrugs*

Ma. Estefania
12-07-2003, 03:12 AM
It WAS a great year....but anyway I hope next one can be twice better! Please get a Grand Slam, Gui! :kiss:

Jazzy
12-07-2003, 03:23 AM
yep, i agree wit all of u's Guille has had a great year jumping from rank 50 something 2 no. 5 wat an improvement!!!
i also want him 2 win a grand slam, ummm, maybe roland garros, as he has wanted 2 win that tournament!

Kiara
12-07-2003, 05:47 PM
I want him to defend all his CC titles and have some big wins on the HC !!!

star
12-07-2003, 06:15 PM
I think he will have a hard time defending all those titles. Poor thing will wear himself out for the hardcourt season.

I want him to win Roland Garros -- skip the intermediate clay court season -- win two Masters Series tournaments -- get to at least the quarters in all of the other grandslam tournaments.

And, I'm not downplaying Coria's year, it was a fantastic year... beyond my wildest dreams... I just think any "great" year includes a slam win.

LubiG
12-07-2003, 06:43 PM
Well, he's young, he's got a lot of time for winning loads and loads of tournaments and grand slams.
I really hope he wins Roland garros this season :) Good luck Gui!! :sport:

Kiara
12-07-2003, 07:34 PM
i want him to do well at the olymipcs.

Kiara
12-07-2003, 07:38 PM
and Rosie im sure that unless he's injured nothing will keep him from returning to Hamburg Stuttgart, Kitzbuhel and Sopot i REALLY want him to win at Monte Carlo for some reason!

LubiG
12-07-2003, 10:36 PM
i really want him to beat Agassi and Roddick!

esther
12-08-2003, 11:05 AM
i really want him to beat Agassi and Roddick!
lol ditto!!!
And a few close matches against JC...

star
12-08-2003, 01:30 PM
Oh Star - that's cruel - I'll almost certainly be going to Stuttgart and Kitzbuehel in the "intermediate clay court season" - so I want to see him defend his title in at least one of these...! Mind you, I'll be at Roland Garros too, but not for the final week-end :(

lol..... Ok. I take it all back. I'll let him play at STuttgart and Kizbuehel, but he'll have to skip Poland. ;)

:sad: but I'm afraid Gui might become disconsolate if you aren't there for the final FO weekend and can't be on the front row taking pictures as he wins.

star
12-08-2003, 01:33 PM
Re the last few posts:

I want him to win EVERYTHING and beat EVERYBODY. :lol:

I love the bagels the most. I don't care if the match is one sided. I just love to see Gui gliding around the court and hitting the lines.

esther
12-08-2003, 01:33 PM
u get to go to the best tournaments rosie!!

LubiG
12-08-2003, 07:25 PM
yeah, let's hope so, Rosie ;)
I can't go to any of his tournaments because there are not many of them in Argentina :( and the last 3 times he played here i wasn't in the same city!! my bad luck...

esther
12-09-2003, 02:58 AM
once he's a married man the only person he'll notice is Carla - I hope :)

hmm he is only 21...:rollyeyes:

esther
12-09-2003, 02:59 AM
once he's a married man the only person he'll notice is Carla - I hope :)

hmm he is only 21...:rolleyes:

Kiara
12-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Re the last few posts:

I just love to see Gui gliding around the court and hitting the lines.

...and working those cheeky drop shots ;)

LubiG
12-13-2003, 11:52 PM
hmm he is only 21...:rolleyes:

that's why most young marriges fail.... hope it isn't so for them

esther
12-14-2003, 04:48 AM
i know its not the same thing at all, but thought i'd mention that Seb Grosjean got married when he was 18...and altho his wife was a lot older, I think he considers getting married as the best thing that has ever happened to him and nothing means more to him than his wife and family. *shrugs* just an example of another young tennis player who got married at an early age and that worked out fine so maybe we should have some faith? :)

LubiG
12-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Guille confirmed he'll be in the Davis Cup next february in Malaga :)

star
12-15-2003, 06:27 PM
i know its not the same thing at all, but thought i'd mention that Seb Grosjean got married when he was 18...and altho his wife was a lot older, I think he considers getting married as the best thing that has ever happened to him and nothing means more to him than his wife and family. *shrugs* just an example of another young tennis player who got married at an early age and that worked out fine so maybe we should have some faith? :)

I want Coria to have a better career than Seb has had. :)

esther
12-16-2003, 03:16 AM
BITCH!!!!

star
12-16-2003, 03:19 AM
:lol:

Well, don't you want him to have a better career than Seb?

esther
12-16-2003, 03:30 AM
oh yeah sebs had SUCH a terrible career...who wouldnt :mad:

star
12-16-2003, 03:50 AM
I don't think Seb has had a terrible career. What makes you think I said anything bad about Seb?

I want Coria to do even better than Seb and better than almost any other player playing now. Coria is my very favorite player right after Guga, I want Coria to win a number of slams and to climb as far as he can go.

esther
12-16-2003, 04:24 AM
mmmhmmm...*nods*

neway moving on

alita
12-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Guille confirmed he'll be in the Davis Cup next february in Malaga :)

really?!good luck to guille!vomos coria!

loly
01-03-2004, 10:17 PM
hi?

the name of guille is not there to qatar open anymore.
Somebody know why he don t go to play? I hope he s ok

loly

jazz_girl
01-03-2004, 11:29 PM
I honestly don't know what to tell you. I think it's a mistake cause the press here in Argentina is talking about Cañas' triumph and David's withdrawal, nothing about Coria, so that's good otherwise they would have said something already.
J.

Jazzy
01-04-2004, 10:38 AM
ok, thanx jazz_girl! :)

jazz_girl
01-04-2004, 01:30 PM
You're welcome! Hey, if he really is withdrawing from it there will have to be something in the ATP site and in the newspapers. What they say is that Calleri will go to Qatar, that Cañas won his last match and also about David charity event.
J.

star
01-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Here it is.

"Coria was to start at Doha but has pulled an abductor muscle in his leg and is out for a couple of weeks;"

star
01-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Here's what Bunk posted in the Qatar tournament thread.

Here's the word on Guille from a Qatar newspaper. lordy, hope he's ok!!!!!
====
Tomas Haas of Germany and Guillermo Coria of Argentina pulled out after confirmation, forcing the organisers to get Escude as a wild card entrant and promoting Gregory Carraz of France into the main draw.

“Haas is yet to recover from a shoulder injury and we were informed of his withdrawal well in advance. But Coria decided to pull out only three days back, citing an injury to his abdominal muscle,” said Qatar Tennis Federation (QTF) President Sheikh Mohammed bin Faleh Al Thani.

star
01-04-2004, 03:45 PM
So .......... Leg or abdominal muscle????

I guess if I had to pick, I would choose the leg because an abdominal muscle injury is very serious indeed.

LubiG
01-04-2004, 04:27 PM
Here it is.

"Coria was to start at Doha but has pulled an abductor muscle in his leg and is out for a couple of weeks;"

He's not going to Qatar?? noooo :sad:

star
01-04-2004, 04:52 PM
Yeah. I started worrying when his name was not in the draw, but I hoped that he had just decided to take more time off. Now........ I'm wondering what the injury really is.

LubiG
01-05-2004, 02:02 AM
Hope it's nothing serious. Get better soon, Guille!!!

Ma. Estefania
01-05-2004, 02:26 AM
Yeah, I hope so too...... :confused:

Anything to make him to be ok for the AO would be fine for me, and if this is that "anything"...it's ok.

Get well soon, Guille.

esther
01-05-2004, 07:50 AM
hmm...interesting

Jazzy
01-05-2004, 08:00 AM
OMG, i'm heartbroken get well soon guille!!!! :)

Estefania_coriafan
01-05-2004, 02:51 PM
get well soon!!1 please!!!!

Kiara
01-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Here's what Bunk posted in the Qatar tournament thread.

Here's the word on Guille from a Qatar newspaper. lordy, hope he's ok!!!!!
====
Tomas Haas of Germany and Guillermo Coria of Argentina pulled out after confirmation, forcing the organisers to get Escude as a wild card entrant and promoting Gregory Carraz of France into the main draw.

“Haas is yet to recover from a shoulder injury and we were informed of his withdrawal well in advance. But Coria decided to pull out only three days back, citing an injury to his abdominal muscle,” said Qatar Tennis Federation (QTF) President Sheikh Mohammed bin Faleh Al Thani.

Im confused ...I thought he pulled a muscle in his leg? Are there 2 injuries? perhaps the tourney ppl made a mistake....

Estefania_coriafan
01-05-2004, 05:55 PM
abductor o abdominal?????

alita
01-05-2004, 06:08 PM
seriously???when can he get back to the court?

Estefania_coriafan
01-10-2004, 01:25 AM
confirmed..it's the abdominal

esther
01-10-2004, 04:27 AM
ohhh remember when he had that hernia?!! hope its not that again..?!!
well he's playing auckland so hopefully everything is alright...

Jazzy
01-10-2004, 01:15 PM
YEH, HOPE HE'S HEALTHY & ALL!

Catsou
01-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Hi guys I did not know where to post that ...and it seems a bit odd to start a new thread at my first visit here LOL

So anyway here's a interview with Coria for you guys from The New Zealand Herald Enjoy :

Tennis: The pocket battleship Guillermo Coria

By TERRY MADDAFORD
Guillermo Coria would love nothing more than to give his wife Carla a belated wedding present with victory in next week's open.

Stepping out for the Heineken Open as top seed will be a new experience for Coria, who celebrates his 22nd birthday on Tuesday.

And not only because he will be playing his first tournament with his wife, of only 12 days, courtside.

"I have never been top seed before. I think four or five is the highest," said Coria, who was on court practising with Gustavo Kuerten within hours of arriving from Argentina yesterday morning.

"Being top seed is really good motivation for me. I am looking forward to playing in Auckland again. It is the chance for me to beat 'Guga' [Kuerten]. He beat me in the quarter-finals.

"But it is also good just to play in Auckland and get matches before the Australian Open."

What else does he remember of his first visit to Auckland?

"The rain," he said with a smile.

Married to Carla Francovigh on December 27, life has been one big party in the past couple of weeks.

Now, for the player who has risen rapidly through the ranks since turning professional in 2000, it is back to business.

He was 45th in the world when he played at the ASB Tennis Centre a year ago. In the past year he pocketed US$1.9 million for career earnings of US$2,645,470.

At 1.75m and only 65kg, he is a pocket battleship. Even in practice yesterday, he showed some amazing power when serving.

His backhand too looked more than useful as he worked out with coach Alberto Mancini.

His ambition, no surprise, is to reach No 1.

"Now I'm in the top five, that is special motivation. To be No 1 would be special," said Coria, who has followed Kuerten and countryman David Nalbandian as the highest-ranked South American in the end-of-year ATP rankings.

Mancini, in 1991-92, was the last Argentine to achieve that before the Nalbandian-Coria era.

Mancini, who began working with Coria right after last year's Australian Open, said he was enjoying the experience.

"He was a great player before I started coaching him," said Mancini.

"We have now been organising his game to get the most out of him."

His strengths?

"His speed. He is really fast. He takes the ball early," said Mancini, a former top 10 on the ATP tour.

"And, he makes few unforced errors.

"He can be aggressive. His mind and his footwork make him very competitive. They [his opponents] know how to beat him but to do it they have to work hard - very hard.

"He has unbelievable timing."

Taking a break after the Tennis Masters Cup in November, Coria has since put in 15 days of hard work as he prepared for the New Year in which he will chase a first Grand Slam title.

He came close at Roland Garros last year, reaching the semifinals after beating Andre Agassi in the quarters.

In the Australian Open, ironically playing Agassi, he retired in the quarter-finals.

Victories in five tournaments - and a 60-16 win-loss record - during the year helped lift his ranking from 45 to single figures.

Like Kuerten, Coria is keen to play the Olympics.

"I want to go there and be part of the team from Argentina," he said. "I can't understand why a player like Lleyton Hewitt does not want to go to the Olympics. But that is his own decision."

(http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sports/tennis/tennisstorydisplay.cfm?storyID=3542683&thesection=sport&thesubsection=tennis&thesecondsubsection=)

esther
01-10-2004, 11:45 PM
catsou- thanks so much for that!! LOVELY article!! thats so cute how hes never been top seed before. good luck guillle!!

Ma. Estefania
01-11-2004, 04:35 AM
Thank u very much for it. ;)

It seems he's motivated though he didn't play last week.

star
01-11-2004, 04:56 AM
I hope this part isn't true: Married to Carla Francovigh on December 27, life has been one big party in the past couple of weeks.

esther
01-11-2004, 07:53 AM
hahah well i think the journo was just assuming...

LubiG
01-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Awww great article!! :) I didn't know he had never been top seed! Hope that helps him a lot :)

Kiara
01-11-2004, 08:13 PM
"I can't understand why a player like Lleyton Hewitt does not want to go to the Olympics"
...me neither Guille!
thanks Alex :kiss:

luckystar
01-11-2004, 08:31 PM
well he should be supermotivated with Carla courtside! :)

mordicus18
01-11-2004, 08:46 PM
love is what justifies more (in France, we say: the love gives wings)
sorry I have made this translation with my computer. bad computer ! :toothy: grrr

:devil: mordicus

Ma. Estefania
01-12-2004, 02:01 AM
"I can't understand why a player like Lleyton Hewitt does not want to go to the Olympics"
...me neither Guille!

Yeah, me neither.....I think that there isn't a best honour than representing your country, your nation, your land, and at a so important event as Olympics. :)

Estefania_coriafan
01-12-2004, 02:28 AM
great article..thanks!
top seed! good luck guille!!!!!!

Kiara
01-12-2004, 12:30 PM
Yeah, me neither.....I think that there isn't a best honour than representing your country, your nation, your land, and at a so important event as Olympics. :)

Yeah and what annoys me is that Hewitt would give his life twice over to win Davis Cup for Australia but doesnt want to help them win the olympics ...oh well, it's better for Guille if Hewitt isnt there...one less player to beat!

star
01-12-2004, 01:33 PM
I guess living in Utah and going through the whole bribery scandal day after day on the front page of the newspaper, a poor hapless middleman killing himself over it, and having the venality of the IOC so exposed, sort of soured me on the Olympics. As far as I can see it is still business as usual.

The Olympics is a hugely successful commercial adventure that is designed to bring wealth to the IOC and the the members of the national committees. It is hard for me to see it as a celebration of sports where athletes compete for invididual and national glory.

Kiara
01-12-2004, 01:55 PM
I agree Star, the Olympics have almost always served corporate interests and promoted commercialisation, everyone : sponsors and players alike use the Olympics as an opprtunity to get in on a piece of the business pie.....

star
01-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Tennis: Coria advances after tough opener

Top seed Guillermo Coria safely negotiated his opening match at the Heineken Open tennis tournament here tonight but not without a fight from unseeded German Nicolas Kiefer.

Coria's 7-6 6-3 win thrilled the almost-capacity opening day crowd, with both players bringing their power to centre court.

The first set was an hour-long slugfest in which the lines on all parts of the court were under constant attack, leading to some controversial calls.

The set was eventually decided in a tiebreaker in which Kiefer lost the last three points.

Coria took the early advantage in the second set when he broke his 26-year-old opponent for 2-0 and again later en route to wrapping it up 6-3.

Coria will now play the winner of tomorow's clash at the ASB Bank Tennis Centre between New Zealand's Mark Nielsen and former winner Dominik Hrbaty.

Kiara
01-12-2004, 02:16 PM
It's not just you over in Utah, everyone is cynical about the olympics : the corruption of the IOC, rampant commercialism, racism, nationalism, illicit drug scandals ,bid scandals, violence *sigh* "brotherhood" my ass!

Kiara
01-12-2004, 02:18 PM
*wry smile*but here in Athens people are euphoric as ever about the games :)

Ma. Estefania
01-12-2004, 06:55 PM
It is hard for me to see it as a celebration of sports where athletes compete for invididual and national glory.

Well, I'm really sorry you don't see it in that way, Star. But I do have that conception, at least here in Latin America we think so, it's always an honour to represent our country. ;)

LubiG
01-13-2004, 12:29 AM
Well, I'm really sorry you don't see it in that way, Star. But I do have that conception, at least here in Latin America we think so, it's always an honour to represent our country. ;)

yes it is! Guille always sais that he would love to give Argentina the gold medal someday. :)

Jazzy
01-13-2004, 07:50 AM
yeh, that's rite, Guille said that somewhere on eurosports, in an interview!! :)

Ma. Estefania
01-13-2004, 05:26 PM
Yeap, it would be wonderful if he could achieve it. :)

LubiG
01-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Yeap, it would be wonderful if he could achieve it. :)

yesh!! :yeah:
I wish i could represent Argentina in something... but i'm pretty useless :lol:

Ma. Estefania
01-14-2004, 12:03 AM
I wish i could represent Argentina in something... but i'm pretty useless :lol:

Yeah, honestly I'd give my life (I'm know I'm sort of exagerated, but it's true) to represent my country in something, it would be such an honour, I'd feel on heaven :worship: ......but as LubiG said.....I'm sort of useless, je je. :p

Jazzy
01-14-2004, 07:49 AM
things r sooo competitve here in Australia, sooo if some how?! i do, i'd feel like i'm doing somefink good 4 the country!!! so good 4 him!

LubiG
01-14-2004, 03:30 PM
We are pretty competitive here as well. jeje...
Anyways, i'm going on vacation tonight, and i won't be here very often. I'll miss you all!! Don't forget to post a lot about the AO because i don't know if i'll be able to watch it :sad: Bye byes everyone!
Love, Lubi

Ma. Estefania
01-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Bye LubiG. :wavey:

We'll miss ya.... :sad:

Come back soon. :wavey:

loly
01-14-2004, 04:00 PM
bye lubig
good vacation

Estefania_coriafan
01-14-2004, 10:04 PM
bye lubig
come back soon and have a good time!

Jazzy
01-15-2004, 09:11 AM
have fun @ ur vacation LubiG!!! WE'LL MISS YA!!! :sad:

LubiG
01-28-2004, 12:47 PM
Thanks everyone!! :) here i am back from vacation and waiting for the Bs As open!!

Ma. Estefania
01-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Welcome back, LubiG :wavey:

loly
01-28-2004, 04:48 PM
welcome back lubig
I hope your holidays was good

Jazzy
01-29-2004, 08:07 AM
talkin 'bout welcome bak, i finally got the chance to post, after returning to skewl!! :(

Ma. Estefania
01-29-2004, 05:09 PM
To you too, Jazzy, Welcome. :wavey:

LubiG
01-30-2004, 03:48 AM
Thanks estefania and loly :) I'm glad to be back :wavey:
And wb jazzy!

Jazzy
01-30-2004, 07:08 AM
thanx still trying to update on the news!

LubiG
01-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Guille's picture is all arround Buenos Aires!! (because of the BS AS open) :hearts:

star
01-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Lovely!!!

How nice to see his face everywhere. :)

LubiG
01-31-2004, 03:18 AM
absolutlly! I go out every day ;)
Hoping i can go to the Bs As open...

Estefania_coriafan
01-31-2004, 06:59 PM
The Bs As Open will be transmited by TyC and in my country by La Red so I hope guille have a great tournament

Ma. Estefania
02-01-2004, 01:30 AM
Do you know if Fox Sports Latin America will transmit it?

Estefania_coriafan
02-01-2004, 02:12 AM
let me see...
cito textual el comunicado dee prensa "TyC Sports sera nuevamente el canal oficial. Transmitira 4 partidos en vivo por día de lunes a viernes (dos en la sesion diurna y dos en la nocturna). El sábado se transmitiran en vivo las dos semifinales y el domingo, la final. TyC tiene llegada a Uruguay, Paraguay, Perú y Bolivia. La Red es el canal oficial en Chile, Sport TV en Brasil y Canal Meridiano en Venezuela", eso es todo lo que sale, no sale nada de Ecuador la informacion es de http://www.atpbuenosaires.com

Jazzy
02-01-2004, 07:09 AM
ok, i c this has nothing to do with me! sowwy i don't understand spanish!

luckystar
02-01-2004, 06:54 PM
OK I THINK they said something like this. (bear in mind that I don't know Spanish, so I dont know if the translation is going to make any sense :devil:

TyC Sports is going to be the new official channel. From Monday to Friday they're showing 4 matches a day (2 during the day and the other 2 are the night sessions). On Saturday they are airing the 2 semifinals and on Sunday the finals.
I couldn't understand the rest of the text.
Where are all the Spanish speaking people when you need them? :devil:

Ma. Estefania
02-01-2004, 09:15 PM
The point of what Estefania_coriafan wrote is what luckystar wrote, then it's ok.

Estefania: thanx for the info. I guess some local channel here will transmit some few matches....

Jazzy
02-08-2004, 03:58 AM
o, gotta there! :yeah:

loly
02-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Alberto Mancini will not longer be mago s coach.
Mancini say their relationship was perfect but he doesn t want to travel so much.
Now Guille looking for another coach
I hope the next coach can be like Mancini
It s really a bad news because with mancini 2003 was unbelievable

Ma. Estefania
02-09-2004, 10:37 PM
Thanx for that info, Loly.

I don't like that much that....you know, Guille seemed to be like stable with Mancini....I wonder how will he react tennistically talking....

esther
02-09-2004, 10:49 PM
whhhhat
thats not good!! i hope he finds another coach soon and it doesnt affect his playing!@

Estefania_coriafan
02-10-2004, 12:28 AM
Well, Guille said that Gustavo Luza (Argentina's DAvis Cup coach) will be his coach on Buenos Aires Open, but I hope he can find a very good coach, 'cause Guille had a very good relation with Luli, and i hope that he new trainer can give him that kind of friendship and support

LubiG
02-10-2004, 03:57 AM
OMG no more Luli manccini?? that's baad news!
Hope he finds a good coach soon!!

Jazzy
02-10-2004, 07:38 AM
what?? he's thinking of changing his coach??!!!! but y? wat's rong wiv the 1 he has now?!?

JeLuliA88
02-10-2004, 08:28 AM
Well, i hope this new coach is good and that he can add alot more to Coria's game :)

star
02-10-2004, 02:52 PM
Mancini say their relationship was perfect but he doesn t want to travel so much.

:sad:

Terrible news. Mancini was a great coach for him. I hope that there was nothing else that caused the split.

Gui will need a spanish speaking coach. I wonder who he will get.

Ma. Estefania
02-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Well....Luza seems ok for me, but I'm yet sort of concerned...

Kiara
02-10-2004, 07:25 PM

what????????Oh my god Im soo shocked!!!
You're right Loly, luli did to Guille what Brad Gilbert did to Andy Roddick, this is TERRIBLE news....
Luza is fine but....omg this is awful!

esther
02-11-2004, 12:19 AM
oh yeah i didnt think about that, that he will need a SPANISh speaking coach...thats definatley going to restrict his choices!

Estefania_coriafan
02-11-2004, 01:55 AM
But i herad that Guille asked to Gustavo Luza If he wants to be his coach, I don't know what was the answer

star
02-11-2004, 01:59 AM
I don't know anything about Luza. What's his background?

Estefania_coriafan
02-11-2004, 02:01 AM
Luzaz was Guille's coach, when he was younger, also he was Nalbandian's coach

LubiG
02-11-2004, 02:03 AM
Luza ofered to be Guille's coach on the Bs As open, and he's thinking about it

Jazzy
02-12-2004, 06:50 AM
thanx LubiG & Estifania Coriafan for the info!!!

LubiG
02-12-2004, 05:51 PM
You're welcome! ;)

He said he's thinking about an Argentinian (to be his new coach)... could that be Vilas? :confused:

Jazzy
02-14-2004, 02:30 AM
an Argentinan coach!!!

yeh, it could be Vilas, but sowwy, i don't have a clue!!

LubiG
02-14-2004, 03:36 AM
Vilas would be really cool :)

Jazzy
02-14-2004, 03:51 AM
yeh, as he was named after him !! phew, i got the name rite this time!!

esther
02-14-2004, 12:16 PM
thatd be awesome if vilas started coachign Guillermo!!!

mordicus18
02-14-2004, 01:17 PM
there are too much guillermo(s) in argentina... vilas and coria are tennis idols... if vilas becomes guille's coach, oscar coria will be very happy ! :lol:

LubiG
02-14-2004, 04:49 PM
I bet he would! probably Guille would be happy as well ;)

mordicus18
02-14-2004, 05:45 PM
maybe. has vilas been the n°1 of the atp before ? if he has been the n°1, he will help guille to be the first too (and maybe he will help him to choise a good aircut :lol: )

Ma. Estefania
02-14-2004, 05:48 PM
Hmmm....I don't remember if Vilas was ever #1 of the world, but he was a Grand Slam winner....then let's hope he can show Guille the path. :)

LubiG
02-15-2004, 02:37 AM
yes, Vilas was nº1, and he won 4 grand slams i think. :)

esther
02-15-2004, 05:22 AM
I met him at Aus open, he is the funniest guy! Although he was coaching another guy at the time so maybe he has already got other committments? I'm sure Guillermo (coria) woudl be so honoured to have him as a coach tho!

mordicus18
02-15-2004, 06:45 PM
Guillermo announced that Mancini is no longer his coach
Everybody had been taken by surprise after Argentina defeated Morocco 5-0 on the 16th. round of the Davis Cup when Guille announced that Alberto Mancini will no longer be his coach.

"It is Luli´s decision and I respect it. I thought we were going to be working together throughout my whole career, but now I have to start thinking right away about the Buenos Aires tournament. Last year I lost the final game and this time, I want to win it", El Mago said.

Guillermo decided to take some time to think who will be his next coach, and one of his candidates is "Argentinean". He declined to mention his name, though. "If he is not available, then I will probably work with a foreign coach", Guillermo added.

"My relationship with Mancini is excellent, and I really hope he will be my coach again sometime. It is a real shame because things were working really well with him, but one has to move on...", Guille finished.
(that's from guille's website)

mordicus18
02-15-2004, 06:53 PM
his website is ok now. I prefered the ancient website (except the colours)
now we can see a foto of him where he says : "e-mail me", I don't like that, I think that's a little bit stupid, but I haven't seen all the website. so now I'm busy, I'm looking for news and pics ! :)

YOUPI HIS WEBSITE IS OK !!!!! :lol: :wavey: ;) :worship:

LubiG
02-16-2004, 05:17 AM
OMG IS IT?? I have to check that out!!!!! thanks mordiscus!!! :D :yippee:

Jazzy
02-17-2004, 07:49 AM
IT IS?!?!!!! * gets off & checks*

esther
02-17-2004, 10:50 AM
is it good?

LubiG
02-18-2004, 02:20 AM
yesss i likey i likey :D

esther
02-18-2004, 11:20 AM
LOL lubiG
its a great site!!

Jazzy
02-19-2004, 10:34 AM
love it!!

Ma. Estefania
02-19-2004, 10:19 PM
Guille's next opponent is Juan Monaco. They'll play on Friday.

Jazzy
02-20-2004, 10:46 AM
i'm so happy for him, in the round of 16 he beat fellow Argenitne Squillari!! GOOD LUCK against J.Monaco!!
ps: thanx for telling who his next opponents waz MA.E!!

Ma. Estefania
02-20-2004, 05:03 PM
You're welcome. :)

Btw....during his match ag. Squillari, football chilean player Marcelo Salas (El Matador, you know, the one of Guille's celebration....who now plays on Guille's loved football club: River Plate) was watching at the stands, he said later that he had gone to watch and support Guille because he had heard that he was a great fan of him. Then at the end of the match, like Guille won, he took off his shirt, and gave it to Salas. :) :) :)

It was so nice, it was pretty obvious that Guille was excited to see his idol right there supporting him. :)

Jazzy
02-21-2004, 04:47 AM
LOL, i would have loved to have seen that!!

esther
02-21-2004, 11:54 AM
thats so cute

Fostin
02-21-2004, 12:38 PM
cool! I didnt know that!

star
02-21-2004, 01:33 PM
That was very cool. :)

LubiG
02-21-2004, 08:19 PM
You're welcome. :)

Btw....during his match ag. Squillari, football chilean player Marcelo Salas (El Matador, you know, the one of Guille's celebration....who now plays on Guille's loved football club: River Plate) was watching at the stands, he said later that he had gone to watch and support Guille because he had heard that he was a great fan of him. Then at the end of the match, like Guille won, he took off his shirt, and gave it to Salas. :) :) :)

It was so nice, it was pretty obvious that Guille was excited to see his idol right there supporting him. :)

Nice to see him without a shirt again ;) :lol:

Estefania_coriafan
02-22-2004, 01:29 AM
LOL LUBIG!!!!!!

Jazzy
02-22-2004, 03:04 AM
lol :lol:

esther
02-22-2004, 03:08 AM
lol @ lubig