"Vamos Chelita en Buenos Aires!!!" Copa Telmex 2006 Cheering Thread! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

"Vamos Chelita en Buenos Aires!!!" Copa Telmex 2006 Cheering Thread!

Eugenia
02-13-2006, 12:47 PM
I have tickets fot the final, so I hope he can make it! :angel: Just kidding, maybe I'm going another day, but I hope he has a great tournament in his "home"! :wavey: This is the Main Draw (Juan is not playing doubles):

(1) Nalbandian (ARG) vs Martín (ESP)
Pashanski (SER) vs (WC) Brzezicki (ARG)
Behrend (ALE) vs Berlocq (ARG)
Vicente (ESP) vs (6) Volandri (ITA)

(4) Acasuso (ARG) vs Montańés (ESP)
Mello (BRA) vs Qualifier
Marín (CRC) vs Sabau (RUM)
Calleri (ARG) vs (7) Serra (FRA)

(8) Chela (ARG) vs Horna (PER)
Mónaco (ARG) vs Starace (ITA)
(WC) Kuerten (BRA) vs Saretta (BRA)
(WC) Del Potro (ARG) vs (3) Ferrero (ESP)

(5) Moya (ESP) vs Qualifier
Daniel (BRA) vs Massú (CHI)
Qualifier vs Qualifier
Vanek (CHE) vs (2) Coria (ARG)

Eugenia
02-15-2006, 01:51 PM
OOP - Tuesday 14

Court Central

11:30 hs
Vicente, Fernando (ESP) vs. (6) Volandri, Filippo (ITA)

Not before 14:00 hs
Calleri, Agustín (ARG) vs. (7) Serra, Florent (FRA)

Not before 15:30 hs
(8) Chela, Juan Ignacio (ARG) vs. Horna, Luis (PER)

Not before 19:30 hs
(5) Moyá, Carlos (ESP) vs. (Q) Fognini, Fabio (ITA)

Followed by
(4) Acasuso, José (ARG) vs. Montańés, Albert (ESP)

Eugenia
02-15-2006, 01:54 PM
1st round: (8) Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) d. Luis Horna (PER) 7-6(1) ret. :clap2:

I WAS THERE!!! :bounce:

I'm going to write a report of the match lately... All I have to say right now is: Juan is a beautiful and talented player!! :hearts:

Corina2605
02-15-2006, 02:22 PM
1st round: (8) Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) d. Luis Horna (PER) 7-6(1) ret. :clap2:

I WAS THERE!!! :bounce:

I'm going to write a report of the match lately... All I have to say right now is: Juan is a beautiful and talented player!! :hearts:

You made me just smile Eugenia. I am so pleased you were there and could enjoy watching Juan :) And I agree with you, he is a great player and cute, and funny :)

Vamos Juan, win the tournament :)

Eugenia
02-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Well, this is my report from the Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club (02/14(2006).

The first match I saw was Calleri/Serra. It was a great match for Agustin, his serve and his shots are really powerful and he cruised thought the first set 6-0. :rocker: Then Serra started to play better and Calleri wasn't 100% fit because he had flu, but he managed to win 6-4. Calleri is an excelent player and the match was very good although the weather was really hot (it was a temperature of 38 degrees). :cool:
But the match I was more excited about was Juani Chela/Horna. :banana: Juan started so well, but in the 1-1, Horna called for a trainer (he had something in his knee), and I was really worried because I wanted to see so much more of Juani! :unsure: :bounce: Then the match continues, and Lucho broke Juani serve, but quickly Juan broke back. :yeah: Juani's serve was pretty good, his drive was effective as always and his backhand was really good. I think he has improved every shot. Also his drop shots were impresive, he netted the first two but then next ones were all winners. :clap2: There were some great passing shots too. Both player hold their serves and they have to play a tiebreak. But Juan totally controlled it and he won 7-1. :yeah: Then Horna went to the net and shake hands with Juan, and we noticed that Juani won. I was with my brother, and we were in a corner of the stadium (good location). When the match finished, because Horna retires, my brother and me (an a lot of kids) jumped a little wall and ran through the "pullman" (I don't know how to said platea in english) to stay near of Juan and that was a disaster, because there were a lot of people asking him for an autograph, and he said "I can't sign to everyone", and he just gave like 7 or 8 autographs, incluiding my brother cap!!! :woohoo: :bounce: He is really tall and skinny in person, but he has a beautiful face and a lovely smile. :hearts: Then he gave an interview in the stadium, where he said he was a little nervous because he is a friend of Lucho Horna and he didn't know what was happening to him. :hug: But anyways he was happy to play in Buenos Aires and to stay in the second round. :D :bigclap:
Then we went to court 3 to watch the doubles match Del Potro/Monaco vs. Martin/Behrend, but we had to come back to the central court because they moved the match (court 3 is very small). It was great fun, Del Potro has a strong serve and a beautiful backhand. Monaco was a bit irregular but he has some great drop shots and a lovely lob. But they lost their match 10-7 in the match tiebreak. :awww:

It was a great day at the BALTC, and my best Valentine's day ever! :inlove: :lol:

Eugenia
02-16-2006, 03:59 PM
OOP - Thursday 16

Court Central

12pm
Martin Garcia/Sebastian Prieto (ARG) v Alberto Martin/Fernando Vicente (ESP)

Not before 2pm
Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) v Potito Starace (ITA)

Followed by
Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP) v Flavio Saretta (BRA)

Not before 7.30pm
Jose Acasuso (ARG) v Martin Vassallo Arguello (ARG)

Followed by
Agustin Calleri (ARG) v Juan Antonio Marin (CRC)

Eugenia
02-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Potito Starace (ITA) d. Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) por 3-6 7-6(4) 6-2 :awww:

I'm so crying right now... :bigcry: :hysteric: :sobbing: :crying2: I can't believe it, because Juani played an awesome match but the weather was very hot again and he can run anymore. :tears: I'm so sad right now, because Juan was very confident and happy with this tournament (and it's not easy to play well at home for him). :sad:
I hope he will be ok for the next weeks... :kiss:

Corina2605
02-17-2006, 07:12 AM
Don't be sad Eugenia, Juan will be ok again next week in Brazil. Hugs to you :)

Thanks for the report, I am glad you had a wonderful Valentine day :)

Eugenia
02-18-2006, 01:57 AM
Don't be sad Eugenia, Juan will be ok again next week in Brazil. Hugs to you :)

Thanks for the report, I am glad you had a wonderful Valentine day :)

Thank you Corina! :hug: At least I have the chance to see him play! And I'm not going to forget that! :)