**Rafa in Marseille** [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

**Rafa in Marseille**

lilfairyprincess
02-12-2006, 02:17 AM
I just wanted to give a big good luck to rafa in his first tournament of 2006!!!
No one is expecting him to win ...but as long as he gets some match practice and his injuries do not bother him i'll be really happy!!

I wish i could watch this tournament :sad:

:bounce: Vamos Rafa :bounce:

I hope 2006 brings you lotsa good things! :)

Lopaka
02-12-2006, 03:18 AM
I think all who are Rafa fans must be happy to have him back in competition.

It may be a while before he is able to return to full form but his recent statements have been positive. My hope is he comes away form each match win or lose feeling he is improving and making progress.

Posted by nou.amic on VR-MB are the Marseille web site which indicated live scoring and a site for webcasts.

Official site (in French): http://www.open13.org/
There are British and Spanish flags at the extreme top left of the tournament homepage that give access to English and Spanish pages (not so complete as the French).

Live television coverage: http://www.cg13.fr/
To view the matches live, click on this red tournament poster pic you'll find there on the CG13 page:

http://www.cg13.fr/images/open13-on-cg13.jpg

And from mamasue posted on the VR-MB a link for the Marseille draw:

http://cortoleo.free.fr/Open13/MDS.pdf

Ti-Anne
02-12-2006, 08:44 AM
VAMOS RAFA !!! http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/bonnechance.gif

rosespower
02-12-2006, 08:58 AM
ooooooooo i can't wait!!!!!!!!yay!!!!

A_Skywalker
02-12-2006, 10:06 AM
I think Rafa will win it , just watch ...

Iza
02-12-2006, 02:34 PM
(1) NADAL, Rafael ESP vs. ROCHUS, Olivier BEL
(WC) SIMON, Gilles FRA vs.NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN
MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA vs.Qualifier
BERDYCH, Tomas CZE vs. (7) STEPANEK, Radek CZE

(4) JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE vs. SANTORO, Fabrice FRA
Qualifer vs. RUSEDSKI, Greg GBR
MELZER, Jurgen AUT vs. VERDASCO, Fernando ESP
(WC) CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA vs. (5) GASQUET, Richard FRA

(8) GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA vs. MONFILS, Gael FRA
Qualifier vs. YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS
HENMAN, Tim GBR vs. (WC) SIDORENKO, Alexandre FRA
ROCHUS, Christophe BEL vs. (3) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS

(6) ANCIC, Mario CRO vs. BAGHDATIS, Marcos CYP
Qualifier vs. LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP
DENT, Taylor USA vs. ANDREEV, Igor RUS
SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA vs. (2) LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO

Ollie in the 1st round :scared:
Hope Rafa will be able to win. Vamos!

freesbee
02-12-2006, 02:42 PM
:bigcry: I hate this... :sad:

but I'm rooting for Rafa anyway. He's more important :p Vamos!!!

liisa
02-12-2006, 02:53 PM
tough draw :(
but anyway VAMOS RAFA, you can do it!!!

veyonce
02-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Nadal happy to be back
From correspondents in Marseille, France
February 13, 2006

RAFAEL Nadal is itching to get back on court next week for the first time since injury curtailed his magnificent 2005 season in October.

The Spain teenager and world No.2 has a date with Belgium's Olivier Rochus at the Marseille ATP indoor tournament which will be the first time he's hit a ball in anger since winning the Madrid Masters.

"I'm really happy to be here," said the crowd-pleasing 19-year-old.

"I've been out of the swing of things for a long time and I hope to get back into the rhythm with a few matches to regain my form."

Nadal burst onto the ATP scene last year, capturing his 11th title on home territory in Madrid before a foot injury forced him onto the sidelines.

After Marseille his intention is to be fully fit for the opening Masters Series events of the year in Indian Wells and Miami.

Looking ahead to his comeback against Rochus Nadal said: "He's a very good, talented player. I'll have to be very disciplined against him."

Also appearing next week is Marcos Baghdatis, the Cypirot who made it through to the Australian Open final against Roger Federer.

lilfairyprincess
02-12-2006, 04:03 PM
looks like a tough draw for rafa :eek: ..hopefully he can get throuhg at least a couple of matches :yeah:

thanks for that info lopaka!!! :hug: and for the article veyonce-i'm happy for him to be back too!!! :bounce: :hug:

Lou_Lou_Ferrero
02-12-2006, 05:25 PM
eeeeep... touugh draw..... well, it'll be baptism by fire... but he can handle it!!!!

VAMOS RAFA!!! :worship:

~RaFa(ESP)FaN~
02-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Hy!! :wavey:
Oh yeees i'm very happy for him to be back too! :) VAAAMOOOS RAFA!!!
:bigclap:

lilfairyprincess
02-12-2006, 08:05 PM
hey rafa(esp)fan :hug:

i :hearts: ur av!!!!

sonia
02-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Vamos Rafa!!! :bigclap:

Jogg
02-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Good luck Rafa :bounce:

Vialator
02-13-2006, 01:02 AM
Front page of local newspaper

http://img493.imageshack.us/img493/5504/nadalopen138qq.jpg

veyonce
02-13-2006, 01:18 AM
Thanks, vialiator!! Do let us know if there's more french articles on Rafa!!

Nadal ready for action in Marseille after injury
Sun Feb 12, 2006 03:30 PM GMT

MARSEILLE, France, Feb 12 (Reuters) - Spain's Rafael Nadal is ready to return to competitive action after almost four months out with a foot injury.
The world number two, who has only played one exhibition match since winning the Madrid Masters last October, will begin his season at the Marseille Open which starts on Monday.

"I'm feeling much better now. I have almost totally recovered from my injury," Nadal told a news conference in Marseille on Sunday. "But I now have to prove myself on the court."

The 19-year-old from Mallorca said he had never been worried the injury would force him to quit tennis.

"I never said anything like this," said Nadal. "Neither the medical staff or my relatives have mentioned such a matter."

Nadal will face Belgian Olivier Rochus in his opening match in Marseille.

(Writing by Pierre Serisier in Paris)

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved

Lou_Lou_Ferrero
02-13-2006, 03:01 AM
Front page of local newspaper

http://img493.imageshack.us/img493/5504/nadalopen138qq.jpg

very very VERY yummy pic.... mmmmmmmm *drool*

02-13-2006, 04:58 AM
It will be great to have Rafa back playing tennis again :) I would think it will take him a while to get back into tennis playing form. But I hope he will soon be playing tennis like he did last year :cool:

Rafa = Fed Killa
02-13-2006, 06:16 AM
Vamos Rafa!

estrela
02-13-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm happy that he's back playing and I hope that he wins the tournament :)

Vamos Rafa !! :bounce:

Owh btw I'm new here :wavey:

MariaV
02-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Yeah, well, not an easy draw but good luck Rafa! VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!! :bigclap: :yippee: :bounce: :dance:

maty
02-13-2006, 07:30 PM
It will be great to have Rafa back playing tennis again :) I would think it will take him a while to get back into tennis playing form. But I hope he will soon be playing tennis like he did last year :cool:

he'll be even better this year,you can bet on that :D

Denisse
02-13-2006, 09:40 PM
I'm happy that he's back playing and I hope that he wins the tournament :)

Vamos Rafa !! :bounce:

Owh btw I'm new here :wavey:

Welcome :)

RogiFan88
02-13-2006, 10:48 PM
It has just become easier for Rafa! Nieminen lost and so did Berdych!!!

veyonce
02-14-2006, 01:33 PM
From atptennis.com:

TUESDAY PREVIEW – NADAL MAKES HIS 2006 DEBUT

• First round action continues Tuesday at the Open 13 in Marseille, with Rafael Nadal returning to ATP action, while Nikolay Davydenko and Greg Rusedski begin their Marseille play too.

• Top seed Nadal of Spain, in his first match of the year, faces Olivier Rochus of Belgium. Nadal hasn’t played an ATP match since winning his 11th title of 2005 at the Masters Series Madrid event in late October. The Spaniard went down with a left foot injury after that. Those 11 titles tied Nadal with No. 1-ranked Roger Federer for tops on the ATP circuit last year. Nadal finished the year with a record of 79-10. He hasn’t played the tournament in Marseille before.

• Rochus, No. 30 in the INDESIT ATP Rankings, has a record of 4-3 so far this year. He reached a career best ranking of 24 in October. The Belgian made it to the semifinals of Auckland this year, after reaching the final last year. In 2005, he also made it to the semifinals of Adelaide, Nottingham and Stockholm. He last played the Marseille event in 2004, losing in the second round to Arnaud Clement.

Rafael Nadal (ESP) vs Olivier Rochus (BEL) Nadal Leads 2-1
2002 Mallorca (Spain) Clay R16 Olivier Rochus 6-2 6-2
2004 Dubai (U.A.E.) Hard R16 Rafael Nadal 6-3 7-5
2005 ATP Masters Series Monte Carlo Clay R16 Rafael Nadal 6-1 6-2

veyonce
02-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Rafa won!!! It was a close match... 4-6, 6-2, 7-5

RogiFan88
02-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Well done, Rafa, I knew losing the first set was simply just losing the first set!! ;)

MariaV
02-14-2006, 08:57 PM
YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Well played baby Rafa!!!!!! :worship: :worship:
It was an up & down match but that was to be expected in his 1st match back! :D :D
I was soooooooooo nervous but Rafa did so well at the decisive moment. HE WON WITH AN ACE serving for the match!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was beauuuutiful!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: Welcome back baby!!!!!! :hug: :hug:
And as much as I could tell he hasn't lost too much weight, just a little. :shrug:

mallorn
02-14-2006, 09:14 PM
:lol: Maria :hug:
It was a cliff-hanger, wasn't it? I'm soooo happy he's through to the second round. :banana: And I'm soooo proud of how he saved the match point (and then won the match point) with an ace.
Rafa :worship:

~RaFa(ESP)FaN~
02-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Hy! :wavey:

YEEEEEEEEEES!! WELL DONE, RAFAEL!!! GOOD JOB!! CONGRATULACIONS!!
VAAAAAAMOOOOOS the next ground!!! :bigclap:

NINA_BCN
02-14-2006, 09:27 PM
:bigclap: ¡¡¡¡Bravo Rafita!!!! :bigclap:

Jogg
02-14-2006, 09:53 PM
:bounce: Well Done Rafa :bounce: its so great to have him back

02-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Yes it is great to have Rafa back :) It was alittle shakey, but that can be expected due to the long injury lay off. The most important thing is that he is into the 2nd Round :cool: Vamos Rafa :worship:

knight_ley
02-14-2006, 10:00 PM
:woohoo:

Lou_Lou_Ferrero
02-14-2006, 11:37 PM
The Rafa is back and everyone is HAPPY!!!

todos es feliz!!!!

Lopaka
02-15-2006, 12:20 AM
You done good Rafa! It is great to have you back.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Jennay
02-15-2006, 02:18 AM
Great to have Rafa back. :bounce: :yeah:

veyonce
02-15-2006, 03:28 AM
Rafa was actually lucky to win this match... I was so nervous while watching online...

Nadal makes struggling but successful return
Tue Feb 14, 2006 04:38 PM ET

MARSEILLE (Reuters) - Rafael Nadal lost a set and survived a match point before defeating Olivier Rochus 4-6 6-2 6-4 in his first competitive match for almost four months on Tuesday.

Top seed Nadal, who had not played a tournament match since injuring his left foot in November while training for the Shanghai Masters Cup, looked short of practice throughout his first round match at the Marseille Open.

Belgian Rochus took the first set after breaking the French Open champion's serve three times.

Nadal took control of the match in the second set, winning 12 points in a row.

He broke serve in the first game of the third set and led 4-2 but Rochus came back to 4-4, held his serve and had a match point on the 19-year-old Spaniard's serve.

Nadal stayed in the game thanks to an ace. He won the ninth game against the serve and clinched the match with an ace on his first match point after two hours and 25 minutes of play.

"I have played easier games. This one was very difficult but I'm happy because it was my first game of the year and I managed to win. I'm not particularly tired even if I'm not fully fit," he said.

Nadal will next face Frenchman Gilles Simon, who defeated Finland's Jarkko Nieminen 4-6 6-3 6-2.

In the afternoon session, third seed Nicolay Davydenko of Russia beat Olivier Rochus's brother Christophe 6-1 6-2 and Britain's Greg Rusedski defeated Frenchman Nicolas Thomann 6-3 6-2.

---------

From ATPtennis.com

Nadal Claims Fighting Win in ATP Comeback

Rafael Nadal rallied from match point down to defeat Olivier Rochus 4-6, 6-2, 7-5 to reach the second round in Marseille Tuesday. Nadal was playing his first match since October last year, having been sidelined with a foot injury.

The 19-year-old Roland Garros champion led 4-2 in the third set but found himself down match point at 4-5 30/40 after a Rochus fightback. Nadal saved the match point with an ace before leveling at 5-5.

Nadal broke Rochus to go up 6-5 but fell behind 0/30 in the next game. However the Spaniard won four consecutive points to close out the match.

Third seed Nikolay Davydenko won the 150th match of his career at the Open 13 in Marseille Tuesday, beating Christophe Rochus of Belgium 6-1, 6-2. The Russian broke Rochus six times.

Greg Rusedski of Britain celebrated his first ATP match of 2006 with a victory, 6-3, 6-2 over qualifier Nicolas Thomann of France. Rusedski served 15 aces.

Lucky loser Evgeny Korolev of Russia was a winner in his ATP debut -- on his 18th birthday no less -- turning back wild card Alexandre Sidorenko of France, 2-6, 6-4, 6-1.

Mikhail Youzhny of Russia made his Marseille debut in style, defeating qualifier Sebastien De Chaunac of France, a quarterfinalist in this event last year, 6-4, 6-3.

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID

Nadal: "I think he played a great match. He started out very aggressive and was taking the ball very early. I was playing a little too defensively. It's a great feeling to be able to turn it around though. I just want to continue feeling good on the court and stay healthy."

On saving a match point with an ace: "It was my only ace of the match, and it came at the right moment. Sometimes it happens that way. It's not usually the way I play the big points, but it worked this time."

lilfairyprincess
02-15-2006, 07:53 AM
well done rafa!!!! :bounce:

especially the ace on matchpoint!!! :eek:

good luck in the next round :hug:

Ti-Anne
02-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Oooooh Rafa !!! :bounce: :bounce:
Well done lil' man ! What a fantastic match ! I was stuck to my tv screen for more than 2 hrs ! Of course, all this still needs little adjustments and confidence, but well, he's back, and he's still as determined as before !

VAMOOOOOOOOOOS !!!!!

abdelle
02-15-2006, 10:47 AM
"Il existe des grands joueurs sur tous les tournois mais je suis vraiment heureux de son retour", conclut Gasquet.

="There are large players on all the tournaments but I am back really happy his"

Richard Gasquet in connection with Raphaël Nadal! It is rather nice but I do not think that they are friendly! Just a real respect... (finally they are perhaps friendly I do not know them! But in any event that looks at only them!)

Lou_Lou_Ferrero
02-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Rafa was actually lucky to win this match... I was so nervous while watching online...

ooh, where did you watch online?

mallorn
02-15-2006, 02:07 PM
ooh, where did you watch online?
There's a live feed, just follow this link: http://www.cg13.fr/?page=tv.tele.conseil.general.13 and click on the tournament poster.
This information is also on the first page of this thread, posted by Lopaka. ;)

veyonce
02-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Extract from Fabrice Santoro's blog of 14.2.2006:-

This morning I practiced with Rafael Nadal. We hit for about 45 minutes on a back court so the fans didn't know we were there. But there were two Spanish TV crews there getting some footage. Obviously Nadal playing his first match in four months is very big news. I've never played him in a real match but we've played a couple of exhibitions, including about 10 days ago. It's a fun combination of different games and hopefully before the end of my career I will play him in a tournament.

I spoke to him for a while and he's very excited and nervous to be back on the tour. I think he has something in his shoes to help his foot problem. It was interesting to see how he's moving and he looks to me to be at 100 percent. I think he's got big expectations this week.

--------------------------------------

A French article translated by Moondancer of vr.com

Translation:
“No physical problems anymore”

After an absence of 4 months, Rafael Nadal has come back on the courts of the Open 13. He came out as the winner in a tight match against Olivier Rochus (4-6, 6-2, 7-5). Excited but tired, the Spaniard confides us at the end of the match that he did not feel any pain in his knee. An interview
By Claire Trouvé, our correspondent in Marseille

Sport24.com: How have you survived your return to the courts against Olivier Rochus after an absence of 4 months due to an injury?

Rafael Nadal: The match was tough. Olivier was good; he played aggressive from the start. He knew what he wanted to do, he tried to take the ball early. Me, I played further back than usual and he was able to take advantage of that. In the first set, after the break, at 3-2, I couldn’t hold on against him.

Sport24.com : How did you feel physically ?

Rafael Nadal: Tired ! (the match lasted almost 2,5 hours)

Sport24.com: We have seen you move your knee a lot during the first set, did you feel any pain?

Rafael Nadal: I feel a little pain in my knee since a couple of days, but it’s nothing important and it did not pose any particular problem.

Sport24.com: Is it difficult to find your concentration after a break like you had?

Rafael Nadal: It’s not necessarily a question of concentration but it’s more a way of playing. You’ve got to be able to switch the playing styles and it’s not always evident to know when to play in a certain way and when to play in another way. Before my injury, I had a method for victory, I knew how to play the big points and so it’s this ability that I have to find again. Winning with an ace, it’s not my usual way of getting a victory!

Sport24.com: Exactly, how did you succeed pulling of that ace right at match point, when you weren’t able to do so during the encounter?

Rafael Nadal: Sometimes, it just happens that way…It simply came at the right moment.

Sport24.com : Finally, don’t you prefer winning that way or do you really have to battle rather than crush an opponent.

Rafael Nadal: No, if I can, I’d rather win with 6-2, 6-2 !

Sport24.com : In the next round, you’ll be playing against the Frenchman Gilles Simon. Do you know him?

Rafael Nadal: I did a simple training session with him a couple of days ago but I haven’t seen him play in the tournament. However, I do know that he had a good Australian Open and he proved his strength. My goal for now will be to remain calm on court, to not injure myself and to go as far as I can.

RogiFan88
02-15-2006, 05:26 PM
"Il existe des grands joueurs sur tous les tournois mais je suis vraiment heureux de son retour", conclut Gasquet.

="There are large players on all the tournaments but I am back really happy his"

Richard Gasquet in connection with Raphaël Nadal! It is rather nice but I do not think that they are friendly! Just a real respect... (finally they are perhaps friendly I do not know them! But in any event that looks at only them!)

They seem to get along well, since Juniors. It's nice that Gasquet is "really happy with his return"! :angel:

mallorn
02-15-2006, 08:02 PM
The OOP for tomorrow is out, Rafa is scheduled to play on Centre Court NOT BEFORE 7:00 p.m.
http://www.open13.org/Open13/R7_module/R7-1_Module_html/R7-1-1_type1/FCKeditor/UserFiles/File/OP.pdf

veyonce
02-16-2006, 01:26 AM
THURSDAY PREVIEW – NADAL, DAVYDENKO AIM FOR QUARTERFINAL POSITIONS

• Second round action continues on Thursday as the top three seeds, Nadal, Ljubicic and Davydenko face tough competition at the Open 13 in Marseille. Local French favorites, Fabrice Santoro, Arnaud Clement, Sebastien Grosjean, Paul-Henri Mathieu, Gael Monfils, Gilles Simon, and Jean-Christophe Faurel also take to Center Court.

• Top seed competitor, Rafael Nadal, squares up against local favorite, Gilles Simon, on Thursday in order to obtain a spot in the quarterfinals. Nineteen year-old Nadal makes his first appearance since last October where he earned his 11th title of the year at the Masters Series Madrid. The Spanish sensation, aka ‘Raging Bull’, hopes to top his jaw-dropping performance in 2005 where he earned his first Grand Slam crown and four Masters Series shields. Wildcard entry, 20 year-old Simon, faces Nadal in their first career meeting. Frenchman Simon has a 2-1 singles record on the ATP circuit this year, as well as an impressive 10-2 singles record in 2006 Challenger matches.

RogiFan88
02-16-2006, 03:16 AM
The Times February 14, 2006
Nadal's sole searching the key to his return
From Neil Harman, Tennis Correspondent, in Marseilles

THE CLEAN-SHAVEN Australian Open finalist, Marcos Baghdatis, tells you about being marooned in a hotel for two days in Limassol because he was frightened of being mobbed by overzealous Cypriots; Greg Rusedski, a father for three weeks is busting a gut to get back on court, saying that he is likely to play almost each week until Wimbledon — sleepless nights, eh, Greg? And then there is Rafael Nadal and his new inch-deep insoles.

As the ATP Tour cranks back into life after the heroics of Melbourne and the first week of this year’s Davis Cup, the Open 13 tournament here boasts a stellar field, but most of all it boasts the return of Nadal, the French Open champion. It is four months since we last saw the flexing of those remarkable biceps, the piratas, the fearsome commitment, the sheer wide-eyed love of winning.

A day after he had captured his fourth title in a Masters Series event in 2005, in Madrid in October, the Spaniard was unable to move properly, and he mimes the limp for additional effect. He would practise a few hours, then pain in his left foot would flare to the extent that, though he flew to Shanghai to compete in the Masters Cup in November, he withdrew on the tournament’s eve “in too much pain”.

The decision was taken that he should bypass Australia and fly instead to Portland, Oregon, the headquarters of Nike, and be fitted with the shoe that, all hope, will limit the effects of a pounding style on his 19-year-old limbs. He is the proud owner of one pair — more are expected to arrive this morning in time for his first-round match against Olivier Rochus, of Belgium.

Nadal confessed to shedding tears when he did not know what was happening. He does not know what to expect today. “I have lots of illusion [hope] at the beginning,” he said. “I know it will be tough, I am going to have problems, but I am trying not to put any pressure on myself. It is impossible for me to play like I did in my last tournament, for sure.

“My goal is to be 80 to 85 per cent for the two Masters in America next month. I know my best now will not be my best of last year. I need tournaments and I still need to improve my serve, that is very important.”

“A lot of people speak about my style and that I should change [to prevent recurrence of the injury] but a player does not choose his style, it is instinct, it comes from within. Some players are calm and cold on the court but I have more fire, it is the way I am. I cannot change.”

In his time away, although Nadal retained his position at No 2 in the Indesit world rankings, the plates of tennis shifted remarkably, not least in that Mariano Puerta, of Argentina, the player he defeated from a set down in four astonishing sets to win at Roland Garros last May, subsequently tested positive for a masking agent that may, or may not, have enhanced his performance. Puerta is considering an appeal against his eight-year ban.

Did that news tarnish Nadal’s victory? “It was not nice, but I won,” he said. “I think he cannot have done the doping on purpose. I had 16 [doping] controls last year and you know that after a grand-slam final it is 99 per cent you will be tested, so he is not going to be stupid and take something before. It has to be a mistake. Better take nothing, lose the match and enjoy the next eight years — live your life.”

Last weekend, Spain lost to Belarus in the Davis Cup on a lightning fast carpet in Minsk. Nadal is agitated and not just at the result. “Not the most happy day,” he said, “because I love to play for my country, I love Davis Cup, but the International [Tennis] Federation has to change something because it is not good — not for Spain, but tennis in general. I think only three surfaces, grass, clay and hard courts should be used for Davis Cup, for the public, for tennis. The others are too quick, it is not tennis.”

Although he won the Masters Series titles on clay in Monte Carlo and Rome last year, that he could not subsequently play in Hamburg worried him. “There has to be a compromise in the calendar because this is too tough,” he said. “The clay-court players have two months. You cannot play well at all events and then there is Wimbledon within two weeks of Paris. Everyone needs to have a little bit of stop.

“My special wish is feeling happy on the court, to be a competitor again. I would like to win the French Open, of course, but this is just one tournament. What is more important is to feel good in myself.”
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5205-2038856,00.html

MariaV
02-16-2006, 10:53 AM
I will try to watch most our baby Rafa's match tonight but I'm not sure so cheer hard everyone! :wavey:

lilfairyprincess
02-16-2006, 06:16 PM
*cheering*!!!

:bounce:

Lou_Lou_Ferrero
02-16-2006, 06:37 PM
anyone got any ideas how you watch online?

lilfairyprincess
02-16-2006, 08:15 PM
VAMOS RAFA!!! :bounce:

nadal defeats gilles simon of france 75 64
i wish i cud have watched this match..i was watching the online scoreboard:( to anyone hu was lucky to watch...how did rafa play??

mallorn
02-16-2006, 08:43 PM
VAMOS RAFA!!! :bounce:

nadal defeats gilles simon of france 75 64
i wish i cud have watched this match..i was watching the online scoreboard:( to anyone hu was lucky to watch...how did rafa play??
For me the picture kept freezing so I didn't see much :shrug:
I thought Rafa looked very nervous at the beginning and sure enough he quickly got broken. :o Thank goodness he managed to fight back in the first set. Did anyone see what was wrong with his foot when he took the medical time out after the first set? Looked like a blister on his right foot. :confused:
Anyway, well done Rafa! :worship:
Good luck in the next round! :yeah:

lilfairyprincess
02-16-2006, 08:59 PM
thank you sweetie!! :hug:

over in GM i think the general thoughts were that it was a blister (ouch..they are PAINFUL!!) hope watever it is bothering him will be ok for his match:)

02-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Vamos Rafa :) It's on to the next Round :cool: Really Rafa has done much better than I expected. It is hard to come back from an injury lay off even when you are as young and as good a tennis player as Rafa. No doubt the blister has come about because he has not been playing Tournament Matches for sometime. I do hope that blister gets better before his next Match.

mallorn
02-16-2006, 10:00 PM
From Reuters (http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=tennisNews&storyID=URI:urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060216:MTFH69 360_2006-02-16_21-36-48_L16558525:1)
Nadal overcomes slow start to reach last eight
Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:38 PM GMT

MARSEILLE, France, Feb 16 (Reuters) - Spain's Rafael Nadal overcame a slow start to defeat Frenchman Gilles Simon 7-5 6-4 and reach the quarter-finals of the Marseille Open on Thursday.

The world number two, who has not played a competitive match for four months because of a foot injury, returned to action this week in Marseille.

"I'm qualified for the quarter-finals but it was far from being easy today," said the 2005 French Open winner. "I'm still far from my very best but I'm happy to have won these two matches here."

In the day's main match, Simon led Nadal 5-2 before the top seed rallied to win five games in a row and wrap up the first set.

"I think there was some room for me to achieve a great stunt tonight," said Simon. "But he (Nadal) lifted the level of his play and things begun to become very difficult for me."

In the second set Nadal, who was treated for blisters on his right foot, needed to break his opponent only once.

In the next round, Nadal will take on another Frenchman, Paul-Henri Mathieu who defeated the Czech Republic's Radek Stepanek 7-6 6-3.

And, just in case someone missed it, in GM LefandePatty has just posted the link to the last games of Rafa's match against Simon. :worship:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PV7UINUQ

RogiFan88
02-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Getting easier for Rafa!! Now for P-HM!

veyonce
02-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Credits to La_Zingara of vr.com for translating the article!!

NUMBER 2 OF The ATP ADVISED the YOUNG PROMISE
Nadal and Boluda
JOAN SOLSONA - Marca

On February 4th, the manacorí went to an exhibition in Tarbes, agreeing with the prestigious kids tournament that reunites the best tennis promises. For Nadal, it was special to return to this place where he was devoted in his early day. And also because he knew Carlos Boluda, an "alicantino" that equals his successes. The similarities between both are not only bacause of their palmarés but also in because the American multinational Nike caught them when they were still small phenomenons. "It is necessary to follow that, and to work with humility", warned Nadal his young friend. Boluda believed in the words of world-wide number two, mainly, after verifying that Rafa is a normal boy of only 19 years. The alicantino was surprised of the simplicity of the champion of Roland Garros, in aspects like his cellular telephone, the most normal of the market. Carlos had the opportunity of playing with Nadal before he jumped on the court to play with Fabrice Santoro. Previously, Toni Nadal had seen Boluda in the final of Tarbes. His sensations were that the alicantino makes more things than his nephew at the same age. History says that every six years a spanish wins this tournament. Juan Carlos Ferrero (1994), Nadal (2000) and Boluda (2006). Example of Nadal "When he saw the amounts of fruits that Nadal eats, he was surprised enough", explains Mariano Martinez, trainer of the young alicantino at the Mutxamel Tennis Club. "Also he was astonished of the pressure for a player like Rafa is put under with all the photographs and the autographs".The Spanish Federation of Tennis did not give any single euro of aid in the present season. He had 1,000 euros the past year for trips, facilitated by the Valencian Federation. Their only economic income come from the Nike mark.

-------

Nadal overcomes slow start to reach last eight
Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:26 AM IST

MARSEILLE, France (Reuters) - Spain's Rafael Nadal overcame a slow start to defeat Frenchman Gilles Simon 7-5 6-4 and reach the quarter-finals of the Marseille Open on Thursday.

The world number two, who has not played a competitive match for four months because of a foot injury, returned to action this week in Marseille.

"I'm qualified for the quarter-finals but it was far from being easy today," said the 2005 French Open winner. "I'm still far from my very best but I'm happy to have won these two matches here."

In the day's main match, Simon led Nadal 5-2 before the top seed rallied to win five games in a row and wrap up the first set.

"I think there was some room for me to achieve a great stunt tonight," said Simon. "But he (Nadal) lifted the level of his play and things begun to become very difficult for me."

In the second set Nadal, who was treated for blisters on his right foot, needed to break his opponent only once.

In the next round, Nadal will take on another Frenchman, Paul-Henri Mathieu who defeated the Czech Republic's Radek Stepanek 7-6 6-3.

veyonce
02-17-2006, 09:02 AM
atptennis.com:

FRIDAY PREVIEW – TOP TWO SEEDS, NADAL AND LJUBICIC, LOOK FOR SEMIFINAL SPOTS

• Quarterfinal action begins on Friday in Marseille with four Frenchmen – Paul-Henri Mathieu, Fabrice Santoro, Arnaud Clement and Sebastien Grosjean – fighting for a semifinal spot. Other contestants include No. 1 seed Rafael Nadal, No. 2 seed Ivan Ljubicic, No. 6 seed Mario Ancic and wild card entry Evgeny Korolev.

• No. 1 seed Rafael Nadal is competing in his first tournament of the year after an ankle injury that had him sidelined since the Masters Series Madrid last October. The 19-year-old Spaniard, ranked No. 2 in the INDESIT ATP Ranking, faces unseeded Frenchman Paul-Henri Mathieu. Nadal leads 2-0 in previous matches: the 2003 Hamburg TMS 7-5, 6-4 and the 2005 Masters Series Canada 6-4, 7-5. The 24-year-old Mathieu looks for his first semifinal of the year and first ATP title since 2002. He is currently ranked a personal best No. 35 in the INDESIT ATP Ranking.

Rafael Nadal (ESP) vs Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA) Nadal Leads 2-0
2003 Hamburg TMS (Germany) Clay R64 Rafael Nadal 7-5 6-4
2005 ATP Masters Series Canada (Canada) Hard SF Rafael Nadal 6-4 7-5

knight_ley
02-17-2006, 03:23 PM
:bounce:

Ti-Anne
02-17-2006, 04:30 PM
:yippee: VAMOS RAFAAAAAA !!! :yippee:

mallorn
02-17-2006, 04:34 PM
LefandePatty :hug: posted another link, to the first part of yesterday's match from 4-1 in the first set.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=505W96SO

lilfairyprincess
02-17-2006, 04:57 PM
thank u for the vid-links!!

:hug:

RogiFan88
02-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Rafa d P-HM 75 64!! Into the home stretch now, Rafa!!

mallorn
02-17-2006, 08:47 PM
:woohoo:
7-5 6-4 and into the semis!
I honestly did not expect him to do so well in this tournament! He must be really hungry to win. :lol:
Rafa :worship: :worship: :worship:

Eléa
02-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I will go to marseille tomorrow, so i will see him playing, i will try to bring some pics back for you if i can... :rolleyes:

juanA_
02-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Elea --> can't wait to see your photos !!!!! =)

mallorn
02-17-2006, 09:45 PM
I will go to marseille tomorrow, so i will see him playing, i will try to bring some pics back for you if i can... :rolleyes:
That would be lovely! :)

maty
02-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Oh dear,isn't he just perfect,i knew all along that he'll be back even better

:bounce: :clap2: :yeah: :crazy: :worship: GOOOO RAFA

so who is he playing against next,and when,thx

mallorn
02-17-2006, 10:05 PM
From the ATP site ( http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/news/2006/marseille_friday.asp)

Open 13
Marseille, France
February 17, 2006

Nadal Thwarts Mathieu; Ancic Reaches Semifinals

Wild card Frenchman Arnaud Clement became the first Frenchman to book his place in the semifinals with a marathon 2 hour, 42 minute win over compatriot Fabrice Santoro, 7-5, 4-6, 7-6(5) on Friday in Marseille. Clement recovered from a 4-2 deficit in the third set to avenge his extraordinary loss to Santoro at Roland Garros in 2004 which lasted 6 hours, 33 minutes, an all-time record.

Croatian Mario Ancic scored his first career win over compatriot Ivan Ljubicic in the quarterfinals at the Open 13 in Marseille on Friday, avenging his loss to Ljubicic in the semifinals here last year. The pair, who teamed up to defeat Austria in the Davis Cup last weekend, fought for 2 hours, 16 minutes before Ancic triumphed, 7-6(2), 3-6, 6-3. Ancic fired 17 aces en route to victory and converted the only break point he had, at 2-1 in the third set.

Top seed Rafael Nadal continued his comeback trail on Friday at the Open 13 in Marseille, seeing off local favourite Paul-Henri Mathieu in straight sets. Nadal's capacity to raise his game on the big points proved to be the difference, the Spaniard saving six of six break points* throughout his 7-5, 6-4 win, in 2 hours 2 minutes.

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID

Ancic: "It was strange to play against Ivan for sure, especially coming the week after we teamed together in the Davis Cup. It's always tough to play a friend but apart from that, I consider Ivan to be probably the best player, behind Federer, since the indoor season last year. It's a great win and great for my confidence. I wasn't expecting to do this well this week, especially after practicing on clay all of last week in Austria."

Clement: "We always have really close matches and it came down to one or two points again today. The last time at Roland Garros it went his way, and this time it went mine. I think it was a high quality match and we both played well. I wasn't far from my best tennis today. I'm happy with how aggressive I was and it's great to be in the semifinals here."

Nadal: "I think today was my best match of the week for sure. I took the chances that I had and served very well when I needed to. Physically I feel stronger and stronger so I think I'm on the right track. I think he started a little bit as the favorite as he a great player and maybe a little more used to the surface but I think I played the big points better and was aggressive at the right moments."
*ETA Rafa saved seven breakpoints in the match. ;)

mallorn
02-17-2006, 10:09 PM
so who is he playing against next,and when,thx
OOP for tomorrow is out.

Centre Court

Matches start at 2:00 PM

Rafael Nadal(ESP) vs. Arnaud Clement(FRA)
Sebastien Grosjean(FRA) vs. Mario Ancic(CRO)
Mark Knowles(BAH)/Daniel Nestor(CAN) vs. Julian Knowle(AUT)/Jurgen Melzer(AUT)
Martin Damm(CZE)/Radek Stepanek(CZE) vs. Christopher Kas(GER)/Philipp Petzschner(GER)

02-17-2006, 11:35 PM
I can't believe that Rafa is doing so well coming off an injury lay off :eek: But I think it is wonderful :) Vamos Rafa ;)

eddie_hyden
02-18-2006, 01:20 AM
great to see nadal's back, and still on fire too ;p

cheers 'all!

RogiFan88
02-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Mae, that's precisely why Rafa took his time returning to the tour -- he made sure he was fit and ready not only to play matches again but to win a title, which he seems to be doing without much difficulty. ;)

veyonce
02-18-2006, 05:07 AM
atptennis.com:

Day Six – February 18, 2006

SATURDAY PREVIEW – NADAL EYES FINAL; GROSJEAN STILL IN CONTENTION

• Saturday’s first semifinal pits top seed Rafael Nadal against French wild card Arnaud Clement as the two bid to reach their first final of 2006. Their previous and only meeting came on clay in the Davis Cup in 2004, when Nadal
ran out a straight sets winner.

• Nadal, who is playing his first ATP event of the year following a foot injury that sidelined him since Masters Series Madrid in October, is now 3-0 in 2006.

• The Spaniard has defeated two Frenchman en route to the semifinals (Gilles Simon & Paul-Henri Mathieu) and holds a 15-3 career record against Frenchmen at ATP level. A win against Clement would see him extend his
winning streak against Frenchmen to 10. His last defeat to a Frenchman came against Julien Benneteau in Lyon 2004.

• Nadal, playing in Marseille for the first time, is bidding for his 13th career title this week. Clement will be hoping to equal his best performance at the Open 13, when he reached the final in 1999 (l. to Fabrice Santoro). The last
time Clement reached an ATP final was in Lyon in 2003 (l. to Rainer Schuettler).

SATURDAY HEAD-TO-HEADS
Arnaud Clement (FRA) vs Rafael Nadal (ESP) Nadal Leads 1-0
2004 ESP v. FRA WG SF (Spain) Clay RR Rafael Nadal 6-4 6-1 6-2

Denisse
02-18-2006, 03:55 PM
he got stung by a bee

mallorn
02-18-2006, 04:01 PM
he got stung by a bee
Yeah, what the hell was that?! :(
Too bad about the result today, the important thing is he's back and got a lot of match practice this week.
Well done Rafa, I didn't think you'd be playing in the semis in the first place! :hatoff:

sonia
02-18-2006, 04:07 PM
:awww: Rafa :hug: btw well done! ;)

lilfairyprincess
02-18-2006, 04:09 PM
i didnt get to see the match..i just woke up and came down to the result :( poor rafa:hug: and it was so close in the third set! But a semi-final appearance is :worship: for ur first tournament back after 4months-congratualtions sweetie!!

P.s. he got stung by a bee :confused: (what a nasty bee..why would it want to do that!!!:p)

LefandePatty
02-18-2006, 04:13 PM
awww I feel really sorry for ya, Rafa's fans :awww: :hug:
but well don't be too sad, for a comeback that's a great result !!! :D :woohoo: :yeah:
and that's of course wayyyy better seeing him playing on the tour that seeing him being not able to play tennis :sad: :D :banana:

LefandePatty
02-18-2006, 04:14 PM
i didnt get to see the match..

here you can download some parts of the match :) :

Nadal-Clement, first set part 1 from 2-1 to 4-1. second part of 1st set coming later.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GSDICV9F

Rafa-Clement 1st set part 2 from 4-1 to the end. sorry for the few problems with the video but A LOT of people are using it :/
the point 30-15 at 5-2 isn't able to be watched the SP is okay!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3C3VNAOE

Nadal-Clement, end of the second set :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9K0VJMPY

The end of the match from 4-3 Rafa in the 3rd will come later :D

veyonce
02-18-2006, 04:21 PM
He was stung by a wasp not a bee.. He played quite well in his debut tournament. Hopefully he will do well in Rotterdam too!!!

Thanks LefandePatty for your links.

---

From tsn.ca:

Clement upsets Nadal in Marseille semis

Sports Ticker

2/18/2006 11:17:45 AM

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20060218/nadal_42086.jpg

MARSEILLE, France (Ticker) - Rafael Nadal will not end his first tournament of the year with a title.

The top seed from Spain, Nadal fell to French wild card Arnaud Clement, 2-6, 6-3, 7-5, on Saturday in the semifinals of the $607,592 Open 13 tennis tournament.

Clement will play either sixth-seeded Croatian Mario Ancic or No. 8 Sebastien Grosjean of France in Sunday's final.

The 19-year-old Nadal had not played a tournament since winning the Masters Series event in Madrid in October because of a left foot injury. He won a teenage-record 11 tournaments last year, including his first Grand Slam at the French Open.

Ancic posted a 7-6 (7-2), 3-6, 6-3 victory over second-seeded compatriot and Davis Cup teammate Ivan Ljubicic in the quarterfinals Friday, while Grosjean downed Russian lucky loser Evgeny Korolev, 7-6 (7-4), 6-3.

mallorn
02-18-2006, 06:04 PM
From Reuters (http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=tennisNews&storyID=URI:urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060218:MTFH08 980_2006-02-18_17-50-42_L18416972:1)

Frenchman Clement topples Nadal to reach Marseille final

Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:50 PM GMT
By Jean-Francois Rosnoblet

MARSEILLE, France, Feb 18 (Reuters) - Frenchman Arnaud Clement overcame top-seed Rafael Nadal to reach the final of the Marseille Open on Saturday.

Local hero Clement battled through 2-6 6-3 7-5 against the Spaniard, who was returning to action this week after a four-month layoff due to a persistent foot injury.

Clement, who will meet the winner of Saturday's second semi-final between compatriot Sebastien Grosjean and Croatia's Mario Ancic in Sunday's final, was proud of his victory.

"He (Nadal) is a fighter and there aren't many like him on the men's circuit. Taming the world number two makes me really proud," said Clement after two hours 24 minutes on court.

Nadal added: "He was more aggressive on the important points. It's the reason why he won. I don't have any excuse. He was better than me today," said the 19-year-old from Mallorca.

The Spaniard, who arrived in Marseille without having played a competitive match since winning the Madrid Masters in October, was swiftly into the action and broke twice in the first set.

But the 2005 French Open winner, struggling for fitness, looked tired during the second set while Clement, backed by the Marseille crowd, lifted his game to level the scores.

"He (Nadal) was getting a grip on the match and I realised that I had no choice but to play in a more aggressive way if I wanted to win," Clement said.

The Frenchman wasted two break points in the fifth game of the third set but finally managed to break the Nadal serve six games later and wrapped up the match.

"This is not the best victory of my career," said Clement. "But it's certainly in my personal top five. I have dreamed of playing at such a high level for a long time. It was like a dream."

Clement last reached the final of an ATP event in Lyon in 2003.

"I'm happy with my performance here," Nadal said. "I've played three good matches. It was what I was looking for. It's rather encouraging.

"After such a long layoff, I found it hard to make long runs on the baseline. He often forced me to play with my back to the wall. But I'm certain things are going to improve in the very near future", said the Spaniard.

mallorn
02-18-2006, 06:42 PM
From the ATP site (http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/news/2006/marseille_saturday.asp)

Open 13
Marseille, France February 18, 2006

Clement Cuts Down Nadal in Marseille Semifinals

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/1223/nadalmarseille37kj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
© Getty Images

Local wild card Arnaud Clement thrilled a packed house at the Open 13 in Marseille on Saturday, defeating top seed Rafael Nadal in a dramatic three-set encounter, 2-6, 6-3, 7-5. Nadal looked to be cruising as he clinched the first set with ease. A freak occurrence in the first game of the second set, where the Spaniard was stung by a bee, seemed to shift the balance in Clement's favour. The Frenchman's aggressive play eventually told as he got the decisive break in the third set at 5-5 before serving out to a rapturous ovation from the crowd.

On Friday Clement won a marathon 2 hour, 42 minute match against compatriot Fabrice Santoro, 7-5, 4-6, 7-6(5). on Friday in Marseille. Clement recovered from a 2-4 deficit in the third set to avenge his extraordinary loss to Santoro at Roland Garros in 2004 which lasted 6 hours, 33 minutes, an all-time record.

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID

Clement: "It's an amazing feeling. It's the best I've played in a long long time. I really felt comfortable out there on the court and I had a gameplan which I stuck to very well throughout the match. Even if I had lost today, I would have been happy as I was disciplined out there and stuck to my game plan well.

"I've knew I was playing better and better even back in Australia in January. I could feel my game coming back a bit, but I didn't expect it to happen this fast. The crowd were amazing today and helped to lift me throughout the match."

Nadal: "He got the break in the second set and it was hard for me to recover from that. I wasn't able to do it, and he served very well once he got ahead. He played very aggressively, with a lot of confidence going forward. He didn't miss many first serves today. I had my chances of course but he played the big points better and that's tennis. It came down to one or two points."

"Right now it's hard to feel positive but when I look back on this week eventually, I think it's been a good week. I've won three tough matches indoors after being out for three months and I'm playing at a good level already. But of course, I'm a bit sad to lose today as I was very close to getting to the final."

On being stung by a bee at the start of the second set: "Well it's never nice to get stung by a bee of course, and it's even more strange for it to happen indoors in February. But there are no excuses, he was the better player today and credit to him."

knight_ley
02-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Great to have Rafa back! Good first tournament!!! :yeah:

maty
02-18-2006, 07:33 PM
ohh poor Rafa,but this is his first tournament after 4 months and semifinals is a great result for him

and what was that thing with wasp/bee? :confused:

Denisse
02-18-2006, 07:40 PM
when is rotterdam??

Ti-Anne
02-18-2006, 08:19 PM
and what was that thing with wasp/bee? :confused:

Yes maty, I saw the match and I can tell you Rafa got stung by a wasp : the mischevious thing got under his shirt (what a lucky bug ! :haha:) so he fought with it for a while until it flew away... The French commentators were amazed because he didn't kill the wasp like anyone would have done ! *Me nice, no ?* ;)

LefandePatty
02-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Rafa-Clement, last games of the match...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RKEH5S53

Tracy89
02-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Yes maty, I saw the match and I can tell you Rafa got stung by a wasp : the mischevious thing got under his shirt (what a lucky bug ! :haha:) so he fought with it for a while until it flew away... The French commentators were amazed because he didn't kill the wasp like anyone would have done ! *Me nice, no ?* ;)

Did someone record this??? :confused:

maty
02-18-2006, 09:38 PM

OMG i'm even more confused now,how did the wasp get there,and it probably hurted like hell,poor Rafa,this isn't his lucky day,and he didn't kill her,he's such a darling

btw i wish i was that nasty wasp :o

Jennay
02-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Rafa :hug:

A very good result for his debut tourney. :yeah:

02-19-2006, 02:57 AM
OMG i'm even more confused now,how did the wasp get there,and it probably hurted like hell,poor Rafa,this isn't his lucky day,and he didn't kill her,he's such a darling

btw i wish i was that nasty wasp :o
I agree with you :p Rafa is a darling and I'm sorry he lost :sad: But I do think he had a very good Tournament coming off an injury lay off. I'm sure Rafa will soon be back in top forum :)

RogiFan88
02-19-2006, 04:16 AM
Rafa did well making the SF on his first tourney back -- was he wearing his new perfume I wonder... could be why the wasp was attracted to him -- enough to sting him! Hope Rafa's OK!

Onto Rotterdam now!

maty
02-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Rafa did well making the SF on his first tourney back -- was he wearing his new perfume I wonder... could be why the wasp was attracted to him -- enough to sting him! Hope Rafa's OK!

Onto Rotterdam now!

maybe he was :haha: ,if it efected the wasp that much can you imagine girls :eek:

MariaV
02-19-2006, 12:33 PM
The French commentators were amazed because he didn't kill the wasp like anyone would have done ! *Me nice, no ?* ;)
That was really nice of him. :worship: But well, isn't he always nice. ;) :hearts: :inlove:
And :haha: @ your perfume & girls talk!

RogiFan88
02-19-2006, 08:26 PM
maybe he was :haha: ,if it efected the wasp that much can you imagine girls :eek:

Maybe it was the only way the wasp could get a whiff of Rafa's new scent OR maybe the wasp thought Rafa was a flower -- a sweet flower. :angel:

Wasp, buzzing around Rafa: "Hmm... this is a new fragrant flower I've never met before... let's try it... mmm... I like it!" Wasp stings Rafa...

maty
02-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Maybe it was the only way the wasp could get a whiff of Rafa's new scent OR maybe the wasp thought Rafa was a flower -- a sweet flower. :angel:

Wasp, buzzing around Rafa: "Hmm... this is a new fragrant flower I've never met before... let's try it... mmm... I like it!" Wasp stings Rafa...

:haha:

veyonce
02-20-2006, 04:09 AM
Maybe the wasp was attracted to Sport Man Pro?? If Rafa had it on.. :haha:

*julie*
02-20-2006, 05:31 AM
I don't know if it has been sent before but here is a little vidéo (in french ) about Rafa in Marseille ;)
http://sport.france2.fr/stade2/index-fr.php?date=2006/02/19&id_article=253

maty
02-20-2006, 09:03 PM
I don't know if it has been sent before but here is a little vidéo (in french ) about Rafa in Marseille ;)
http://sport.france2.fr/stade2/index-fr.php?date=2006/02/19&id_article=253

thanks for the link,does anybody speak French cause i don't???What did Clement,Grosejan and Santoro said???And what did Rafa say?

NaDALiTa
02-20-2006, 09:12 PM
maty i can help u , u'll have to remain patient i'm gonna do the translation if u want

maty
02-20-2006, 09:28 PM
maty i can help u , u'll have to remain patient i'm gonna do the translation if u want

aww that would be great,thanks :hug:

NaDALiTa
02-20-2006, 09:32 PM
nadal
"i never had doubt on the fact that i'll come back, i always knew that i would come back either the doctor.The difficult thing that there was no cure to kill the pain "
"i had to skip the australian open and the davis cup, i was very sad because i couldn't play and train, but i always knew that we will find the solution and the pain wouldn't last "

about a possible change in Rafa's game
arnaud clement
"he has a game focused on his physic and if he has to save his body , he wouldn't be the same player anymore"

grosjean
"it's difficult to change something on his game when you finished number2 and when you won 11 tournaments"

santoro
"in the future he'll have to think about more seriously to his calendar so that he'll allow himself more breaks "

nadal again
"i hope that my health will let me breath, i've already reach a first goal by playing in Marseille, after we'll see how things will goes with next tournaments , then i could give myself new aims"

maty
02-20-2006, 10:08 PM
thank you very much for the translation :wavey:

NaDALiTa
02-20-2006, 10:13 PM
you are welcome , it's always a pleausre to see Rafa in video jjajajajajajaj :D

if you have problem of translation you can ask me :wavey:

Lou_Lou_Ferrero
02-21-2006, 12:13 AM
awww bless his wee cotton socks!!! thanks for the clips and the translations... how good does he look in red??¬!!!!! mmmmmmmmmm