Tommy in Memphis [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tommy in Memphis

02-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Tommy's site said he was going to play San Jose, but I guess he pulled out as he is not in the draw for San Jose. So the next Tournament shown was Memphis at Tommy's site so I thought I would go ahead and start the thread.

Givenchy
02-14-2006, 01:29 AM
I'll be going a few days, so I hope I get to see Tommy play. :D

02-14-2006, 04:19 AM
I'll be going a few days, so I hope I get to see Tommy play. :D
Oh lucky you to get to go! And I do hope you get to see Tommy play :)

Jogy
02-18-2006, 04:49 PM
:fiery:
has Roddick in his side of draw :o
1st and second round should be easy
then could get Pavel or Ginepri again

lets make good tournament Tommy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yeah:

02-19-2006, 02:20 AM
Well Pavel beat Andy in Davis Cup, but Andy got sick during the Match. And even after getting sick he still almost beat Pavel. And poor Robby hasn't been doing anything at all this year. I think he has won a Match and that is all! It would be interesting to see a Tommy - Andy Match- up. But of course I won't be seeing it because to my knowledge it is not going to be carried on any channel I can get :sad:

Alexiana
02-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Well Pavel beat Andy in Davis Cup, but Andy got sick during the Match. And even after getting sick he still almost beat Pavel. And poor Robby hasn't been doing anything at all this year. I think he has won a Match and that is all! It would be interesting to see a Tommy - Andy Match- up. But of course I won't be seeing it because to my knowledge it is not going to be carried on any channel I can get :sad:

perhaps there will be a livestream :)

yumo
02-19-2006, 02:43 PM
1 RODDICK, Andy USA vs FISH, Mardy USA

ARTHURS, Wayne AUS vs ZIB, Tomas CZE

WANG, Yeu-Tzuoo TPE vs PHAU, Bjorn GER

8 MALISSE, Xavier BEL vs

4 GINEPRI, Robby USA vs TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS

PAVEL, Andrei ROM vs SAULNIER, Cyril FRA

SPADEA, Vincent USA vs REYNOLDS, Bobby USA

6 HAAS, Tommy GER vs

5 BLAKE, James USA vs VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL

JENKINS, Scoville USA vsGOLDSTEIN, Paul USA

KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO vs

3 ROBREDO, Tommy ESP vs PHILIPPOUSSIS, Mark AUS

7 MIRNYI, Max BLR vs SODERLING, Robin SWE

CARLSEN, Kenneth DEN vs

MURRAY, Andy GBR vs SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER

2 KIEFER, Nicolas GER vs BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE

02-20-2006, 01:05 AM
Thanks yumo for posting the draw for Memphis :)

<Eve>
02-20-2006, 12:46 PM
perhaps there will be a livestream :)
But Mae also has problems with livestreams!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Remember Davis Cup first match!?:sad:

Tommy will do great, cause tommy is the best!! :D :D :D

Alexiana
02-20-2006, 03:18 PM
He will face Justin Gimelstob in the first round :)
yes, I remember the livestream problems :(

02-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Well I think I have my problems with the scoring sites figured out. But that isn't livestreaming, is it :confused:

Jogy
02-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Well I think I have my problems with the scoring sites figured out. But that isn't livestreaming, is it :confused:
with livestreaming they mean moving pictures broadcast from the tournament

when you have trouble with live scores then your computer must install Macromedia Flash or Sun Javascript because most live score windows work with that

02-21-2006, 12:04 AM
I don't think I can get livestream at all, but I can get the scores if the Tournament has live scoring at their site. That is if the live scoring is working :mad: So many times sites have the live scoring, but they stop working :rolleyes:

Fee
02-21-2006, 08:46 AM
Mae, Tommy was never in the San Jose tournament, his website was wrong.

Here's an article about Tommy...

Posted on Tue, Feb. 21, 2006
Haas looks for best year ever
MIKE HENRY
Herald Staff Writer
BRADENTON - In his quest to rejoin the top ranks of men's tennis, Bradenton resident Tommy Haas spent the last six weeks of 2005 training with other ATP Tour professionals at the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy.

Judging from early returns, the 27-year-old German didn't let the holidays get in the way of his preparation.

Less than two weeks after extending world No. 1 Roger Federer to five sets in the Australian Open's round of 16, Haas won the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships on Super Bowl Sunday with a pulsating 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 (5) victory against Xavier Malisse of Sarasota, the defending Delray Beach champion.
Haas, who begins play in the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships today at the Racquet Club of Memphis, Tenn. (where he won his first ATP tournament in 1999) as the No. 6 seed against Justin Gimelstob, credits his fast start to offseason practice with Malisse and other players who call the NBTA at IMG Academies home.
Haas also worked at the International Performance Institute on the campus of IMG Academies with physical therapist Dave Hogarth.

"I got to work hard with guys like Xavier, Max Mirnyi, Taylor Dent, Glenn Weiner, Hugo Armando and Rik De Voest," said Haas, No. 30 in the ATP rankings. "We worked out together, competed every day and played basketball and soccer, so it was a lot of fun.
"That's really the only time of year you can work on fitness without the pressure of leaving in two days for a tournament. I committed myself to getting in great shape, and I think having that foundation is going to help me down the road."

The Delray Beach title was No. 8 on the ATP Tour for Haas, but his first since 2004, when he won the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships in Houston and the Mercedes-Benz Cup in Los Angeles.

Haas, who rose to a No. 2 world ranking in 2002 after winning four tournaments the previous year, missed the entire 2003 season following two surgeries on his right shoulder in a seven-month span.

After his 2004 comeback, he saw the second half of 2005 derailed by a freak ankle injury incurred warming up for his first-round match at Wimbledon against Janko Tipsarevic.

As he practiced his serves for the match, Haas stepped on a loose ball that had rolled back from the wall bordering the court. He landed awkwardly, tearing two ligaments in his ankle.

"That doesn't happen once in 500 years, maybe," Haas said, "especially at a Grand Slam.

"It affected me a lot the rest of the year and took me down quite a bit mentally. I tried to come back too early and never seemed to regain my energy. Plus, I never had the same confidence in my physical strength. When you lose some tight matches, you lose a little bit of confidence."

Haas also was in the process of a coaching change. After working and traveling with NBTA coach Red Ayme for more than eight years, he made an offseason switch to Thomas Hogstedt, a former ATP Tour player from Sweden.

"Red and I are like brothers, but I just felt it was time for a change," Haas said. "Thomas was ranked 35th in the world, and he traveled with guys like Bjorn Borg and Mats Wilander. He is also someone I can practice with on the court. He had all those components, so I'm going to give it a try and go from there."

Ayme oversaw a practice session between Haas and Malisse last week on the indoor tennis facility at the NBTA and was impressed by both players.

"Those guys have renewed energy and have made a firm commitment to physical training," Ayme said. "Tommy was really fit going into Wimbledon, and when he got hurt, he struggled for motivation the rest of the year. His work in the offseason has already paid off."

Although Haas and Germany were defeated 3-2 by France earlier this month in Davis Cup competition in Halle, Germany, this could be a banner year for Haas, who realizes he is at the peak of his physical and mental prowess.

He is eager to take on all comers - even the magnificent Federer.

"Taking him to the fifth set in a Grand Slam definitely gave me some encouragement," Haas said. "Beating him is a tough task, but it is one of the goals I'm setting for myself.
"But as long as I go out and compete every match and give it my best, I'm a quite happy person."

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/sports/13921458.htm

Alexiana
02-21-2006, 10:34 AM
thanks Fee, that is a great article. I hope he didn't let the DC loss demotivate him.

02-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Yes Fee thanks for the great article. And I hope Tommy will just put the DC weekend behind him. Also I should know better than to believe what a player's website says about where they are playing by now!

02-22-2006, 03:14 AM
Well I can't get that scoring site to work in Memphis. And other people have said that it works for them so it is my stupid equipment yet again :mad: :sad:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-22-2006, 05:34 AM
You must beat Justin Tommy! :rocker2::fiery::boxing:

Alexiana
02-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Well I can't get that scoring site to work in Memphis. And other people have said that it works for them so it is my stupid equipment yet again :mad: :sad:

try this site, it always shows the current atp and wta scores. http://www.livescore.com/tennis.dll

02-22-2006, 04:39 PM
try this site, it always shows the current atp and wta scores. http://www.livescore.com/tennis.dll
I looked at the site and it said Live Score, but that site only gives games, sets, and matches. You can't see the scoring done on the points. The ATP has a site that also just gives the games, sets, and matches, but I wanted the live point to point scoring and I can't figure out why that site won't work for me :rolleyes: :mad: I can get to the area where the live scoring is supposed to be, but the area is blank like no one is playing even at a time that I know matches are being played. The only thing I can think of is that It just must be formatted in a way that my equipment won't let me pick it up :mad:

Alexiana
02-22-2006, 05:20 PM
I looked at the site and it said Live Score, but that site only gives games, sets, and matches. You can't see the scoring done on the points. The ATP has a site that also just gives the games, sets, and matches, but I wanted the live point to point scoring and I can't figure out why that site won't work for me :rolleyes: :mad: I can get to the area where the live scoring is supposed to be, but the area is blank like no one is playing even at a time that I know matches are being played. The only thing I can think of is that It just must be formatted in a way that my equipment won't let me pick it up :mad:

yes, it only shows the games and sets played.
I think it has to do with you equipment, because it is possible that you need flash player or something else.

02-22-2006, 06:24 PM
yes, it only shows the games and sets played.
I think it has to do with you equipment, because it is possible that you need flash player or something else.
It is very odd because last year all kind of live scoring sites from different Tournaments worked for me without
any problems, but it hasn't been the same this year :mad:
But I can't remember when I started trying to use the live scoring so maybe I just haven't gotten to the Tournament sites where I can get the live scoring.

Givenchy
02-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Tommy just won because Gimelstob retired... So onto the next round then..

<Eve>
02-22-2006, 10:05 PM
:eek: :eek:
really?!? why isn't this on the live scoring!?
do you know what the scores were when gimbelstop retired?

Givenchy
02-22-2006, 10:09 PM
T. Haas d. J. Gimelstob 21 ret. (lower back)

http://www.atptennis.com/memphis/results.asp :)

<Eve>
02-22-2006, 10:09 PM
thank you for the information J.W!!!

Fee
02-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Thanks JW. Justin's recurring lower back problem :sad:

but on the other hand, Yay for Tommy! :)

Alexiana
02-22-2006, 10:15 PM
T. Haas d. J. Gimelstob 21 ret. (lower back)

http://www.atptennis.com/memphis/results.asp :)

bad for Justin, but good to have an easy (win) for Tommy :)

02-22-2006, 10:26 PM
bad for Justin, but good to have an easy (win) for Tommy :)
The easy win for Tommy I like, but so much for my vBetting :sad: I guess if the Match ended that early, I at least get my stake back?

<Eve>
02-22-2006, 10:30 PM
The easy win for Tommy I like, but so much for my vBetting :sad: I guess if the Match ended that early, I at least get my stake back?
I hope so!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Alexiana
02-22-2006, 10:33 PM
I voted too :lol:

<Eve>
02-22-2006, 10:39 PM
yeah but... :(:( JC Ferrero lost his match.. money gone... :(
and if I don't get my stake back...
Then I only have 8 'dollars'..!!!

02-22-2006, 11:07 PM
If you bet on Ferrero and he lost the Match, you don't get your money back. At least I think that is the way it works.
The only reason I think I get my stake back is because the other player retired so early.

<Eve>
02-22-2006, 11:18 PM
yeah i know i lost my money with ferrero's match ;)
but i meant, if i don;t get my stake back with tommy's match.. then i only have 8 dollars left... :eek:

02-22-2006, 11:25 PM
yeah i know i lost my money with ferrero's match ;)
but i meant, if i don;t get my stake back with tommy's match.. then i only have 8 dollars left... :eek:
Sorry I misunderstood you. As I understand it we both should get our stake back from Tommy's match because the other player retired so soon it was like the Match never took place. Now if they had gotten a complete set in the Match and Tommy won that set then the other player retired we could have won money on Tommy. I think I have that right. You can tell the MTF is my only experience with Betting :rolleyes:

Neely
02-22-2006, 11:52 PM
lol, not much to cheer for Tommy's first round effort... the real work is hopefully still to come :)

;)

Givenchy
02-23-2006, 02:02 AM
THURSDAY ORDER OF PLAY

Stadium

Not before 6:30 PM
V Spadea (USA) vs (6)T Haas (GER)

Good luck Tommy :D

02-23-2006, 03:10 AM
lol, not much to cheer for Tommy's first round effort... the real work is hopefully still to come :)

;)
I don't know if it's good or bad that Tommy got next to no playing time in for the Match. I'm sure he will be well rested, but it will be like his 2nd Round Match is really his 1st Round Match :confused:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-23-2006, 05:19 AM
Justin retired so he won that match.Yesterday Spadea played a long match,and Tommy is much better than him, :rocker2: I don't see how Tommy will lose this match. ;)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-23-2006, 05:20 AM
Me too.I lost many bets! :fiery: Recently it's so hard to bet on the winner. :armed:

Jogy
02-23-2006, 11:40 AM
:lol: again Spadea
very positive Tommy will beat him again, should be easy too

02-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Yes Tommy should beat Vince, but the Match has to be played first :) Actually Tommy had better beat Vince because I have vCash on Tommy ;)

Alexiana
02-23-2006, 04:40 PM

yes, Spadea is always getting in his way :lol:

02-23-2006, 05:26 PM
yes, Spadea is always getting in his way :lol:
Lets hope today that Spadea stays out of Tommy's way :)

Alexiana
02-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Lets hope today that Spadea stays out of Tommy's way :)

I like it because Tommy doesn't seem to have difficulties with him :)

02-23-2006, 05:32 PM
I like it because Tommy doesn't seem to have difficulties with him :)
Tommy should never have difficulties with him :) But then it seems like a lot of players are getting beat by players that shouldn't beat them this year :confused:

Alexiana
02-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Tommy should never have difficulties with him :) But then it seems like a lot of players are getting beat by players that shouldn't beat them this year :confused:

Tommy is different this year ;)

02-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Tommy is different this year ;)
So it seems :) Now if he can just keep it going because the season isn't that old yet :cool:

<Eve>
02-23-2006, 08:37 PM
so i guess his match starts in 4 hours?!(on the live scoring ot says: friday 24th 0:30 gmt)
so that's 1:30 in holland/germany!?

goooo tommy! come ooon!!! :woohoo:

Gulliver
02-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Tommy's really developed his game, and Vinny won't give him too many problems, as long as they both keep their tempers!

Alexiana
02-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Tommy's really developed his game, and Vinny won't give him too many problems, as long as they both keep their tempers!

I think Tommy worked on his temper. He doesn't seem to let that dictate his game

02-23-2006, 11:42 PM
I think Tommy worked on his temper. He doesn't seem to let that dictate his game
From the article that Fee was nice enough to post it sounded like Tommy was working hard on everything :) However there are times when you read an article like that about a tennis player and then they play tennis and you think what happened to all the work they did because they look awful! And it makes you wonder if they really did all the things they said they did? But we know Tommy isn't like that ;)

02-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Is anyone going to do Tommy's Match? I can't because I can't get that live scoring at the Memphis site to work :mad: :sad:

Givenchy
02-24-2006, 02:40 AM
Tommy won 7-6 6-1! Nice going Tommy, good luck in your next match :D

02-24-2006, 02:55 AM
Tommy won 7-6 6-1! Nice going Tommy, good luck in your next match :D
Wow :) Tommy was on the verge of loosing the 1st Set when I had to take my dog for a walk. We weren't gone very long at all and I come back to find out that Tommy won the Match :cool: I knew he should win it, but he got off to a very slow start :rolleyes: Auf gehts Tommy in the 3rd Round ;)

Neely
02-24-2006, 11:38 AM
first set was close, the 2nd was easy again
good luck in the next match! :yeah:

Jogy
02-24-2006, 02:25 PM
yeah Tommy!!! :bounce: :woohoo:

when Spadea retire, Tommy will have a 15-1 record over him when this continues like that :lol:

Alexiana
02-24-2006, 07:40 PM
next opponent will be Tursunov. He can do that. And because Malisse lost his game against Bennetau Tommys chances to reach the final are getting higher and higher :) :yeah:

02-24-2006, 07:46 PM
next opponent will be Tursunov. He can do that. And because Malisse lost his game against Bennetau Tommys chances to reach the final are getting higher and higher :) :yeah:
All I know about Tursunov is that he beat Robby in Memphis, but that isn't saying anything because Robby has only won 1 Match this whole year :sad: I hope Tommy can get to the Final in fact lets not stop there I hope he wins the Final ;)

snapper
02-24-2006, 07:48 PM
it should be a tough match if tursy's got him game on.

02-24-2006, 07:58 PM
it should be a tough match if tursy's got him game on.
Yes that is what I heard before he played Robby that Robby had a very tough draw by starting out with him. But Tommy is playing better tennis than Robby is so I hope he can win. I didn't like that slow start Tommy had against Vince :sad: He should have blown him off the court right from the start--sorry not very kind, am I :rolleyes:

Alexiana
02-24-2006, 11:47 PM
Tommy won in a hard match with 6-7, 6-4, 6-4 :) :cool: :cool:

02-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Tommy won in a hard match with 6-7, 6-4, 6-4 :) :cool: :cool:
It was all because of your cheering :) :cool: I hate it when people that are for the other player are doing the scoring :mad: For some reason it gets me mixed-up and then I don't know what is going on :rolleyes: And I bet with the next Tournament being The Tennis Channel Open it won't even have a scoring site because The Tennis Channel will be showing it :mad: And I still don't know why the Memphis site won't work for me? I see where the scoring is supposed to be, but the area just stays blank :mad:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-25-2006, 04:21 AM
I like both,now Tommy won,he has to win this title! ;)

02-25-2006, 04:52 AM
Well now Tommy is to play Benneteau. Andy couldn't beat him, but maybe Tommy will :) The Match is Saturday not before 3 o'clock Memphis time. Auf gehts Tommy ;)

02-25-2006, 05:00 AM
Oh wow I'm alittle slow, but I just finally realized something! Tommy has reached the Semi-Finals so he has defended his Memphis points. Now Tommy lets go on and take this title ;)

yumo
02-25-2006, 05:07 AM
:eek: Tommy has a 1-3 record in Memphis semifinals :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:

Alexiana
02-25-2006, 09:56 AM
Well now Tommy is to play Benneteau. Andy couldn't beat him, but maybe Tommy will :) The Match is Saturday not before 3 o'clock Memphis time. Auf gehts Tommy ;)

AUF GEEEEEEHTS TOMMY, MACH IHN PLATT :cool: :cool:

Alexiana
02-25-2006, 09:57 AM
It was all because of your cheering :) :cool: I hate it when people that are for the other player are doing the scoring :mad: For some reason it gets me mixed-up and then I don't know what is going on :rolleyes: And I bet with the next Tournament being The Tennis Channel Open it won't even have a scoring site because The Tennis Channel will be showing it :mad: And I still don't know why the Memphis site won't work for me? I see where the scoring is supposed to be, but the area just stays blank :mad:

Yes I did because it was to pro tursi in that thread. I had to make things clear ;)

I think you can't see it because you don't have the flash player installed.

<Eve>
02-25-2006, 10:28 AM
AUF GEEEEHTS TOMMY!!! :D
This is great!
I think he can beat Benneteau!! Come oooonnn!! :woohoo:
Alexia, are you going to the Arag world team champs?! in dusseldorf!?

rrfnpump
02-25-2006, 04:00 PM
go Tommy win the tournament :)

by the way me goes to the ARAG world team cup, but I wont see him play as I have tickets for court II

Alexiana
02-25-2006, 05:08 PM
AUF GEEEEHTS TOMMY!!! :D
This is great!
I think he can beat Benneteau!! Come oooonnn!! :woohoo:
Alexia, are you going to the Arag world team champs?! in dusseldorf!?

yes I definately will. I live in Düsseldorf :)

Alexiana
02-25-2006, 05:09 PM
go Tommy win the tournament :)

by the way me goes to the ARAG world team cup, but I wont see him play as I have tickets for court II

who do you wanna see? I'm really looking forward to the WTC. I will buy my tickets soon.

Jogy
02-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Tommy is the best player now in tournament

PLEASE WIN THE TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana:

rrfnpump
02-25-2006, 06:12 PM
who do you wanna see? I'm really looking forward to the WTC. I will buy my tickets soon.

I have my tickets already. 2nd row on court II :angel:

I want to see the russian, spanish and czech team
but we will see you actually comes to Düsseldorf

hopefully Tommy Robredo and Igor Andreev ;)

02-25-2006, 07:49 PM
Yes I did because it was to pro tursi in that thread. I had to make things clear ;)

I think you can't see it because you don't have the flash player installed.
Thank you for coming into the thread. There were too many pro tursi fans and I couldn't keep track of the scoring with all their comments for tursi. I don't mean to offend tursi or his fans, but it is just hardier to keep things straight in a scoring thread if it isn't more balanced. Or unless everyone is cheering for the same player you are :) :cool: Thanks again ;) I can't remember last year what Tournament I started trying to use their scoring site. But I'm sure it was later in the year than it is now so maybe when I get to the later Tournaments the scoring sites will again work for me at least I hope so :rolleyes: But I have to say the scoring threads here at the MTF can be funny. You should have seen all the comments that were made about poor Andy Roddick when
he got beat :eek: Andy is just playing so poorly now a guy like that Frenchman shouldn't have beaten him, but maybe Tommy can pay him back for beating Andy :angel:

02-25-2006, 07:52 PM
:eek: Tommy has a 1-3 record in Memphis semifinals :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:
Yes I know because the site mentioned that Tommy was in the Semi-Finals for the Fifth straight year. Lets hope he can help his record some today :)

02-25-2006, 07:55 PM
AUF GEEEEEEHTS TOMMY, MACH IHN PLATT :cool: :cool:
Do you mind telling me what "mach ihn platt" means? I know the first part is Lets Go because you told me, but I have never seen the other used. I wish I could understand German :rolleyes:

rrfnpump
02-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Do you mind telling me what "mach ihn platt" means? I know the first part is Lets Go because you told me, but I have never seen the other used. I wish I could understand German :rolleyes:

its means "down him"

02-25-2006, 08:07 PM
its means "down him"
Thank you very much for the translation :) Robin Soderling
won the other Semi-Final today. I have seen his name in Tennis Tournaments, but I don't really know anything at all about him. But I hope Tommy will be playing him just because that will mean Tommy is in the Final ;)

rrfnpump
02-25-2006, 08:12 PM
I cant see Tommy losing against this french guy

beating Roddick means nothing these days

02-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Do you know anything about Robin Soderling? If Tommy wins today do you think he can beat Soderling?

02-25-2006, 10:18 PM
:worship: Tommy Won :worship: 6-3 and 6-1 ;)

02-25-2006, 10:22 PM
I read at the Memphis website that Robin is very good in Tournaments that have been played indoors this year. So Tommy might have a tougher time tomorrow. Also I think I saw where someone posted yesterday that Robin is 24 years old they thought. I'm going to have to check out Robin. But anyway Tommy's record is now 2-3 in Memphis Semi-Finals ;) Auf gehts Tommy for the Final ;)

02-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Robin Soderling is from Sweden, but now lives in Monte Carlo. He will be 22 in Aug of this year. Tommy will be 28 in April of this year. Soderling has an 0-1 Record over Tommy, but the last time they played was in Cincinnati back in 2004. As of this past Monday Tommy was ranked #30 while Soderling was ranked #87, however, Soderling has moved up 10 positions. Tommy has experience on his side, however, Soderling is younger. So it should be a very interesting match-up.

Alexiana
02-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Tommy will win :cool: goooooo for the title :bounce:

tangerine_dream
02-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Good luck in the final, Tommy! Win your second title :banana:

02-26-2006, 03:47 AM
The Final will be tomorrow at 1 o'clock Memphis time and will feature #6 Tommy Haas vs. Robin Soderling :)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-26-2006, 06:06 AM
Soderling killed Max and he's in good form,but I believe Tommy can beat him! :clap2: Come on take the title again in this year! :rocker2:

rrfnpump
02-26-2006, 08:53 AM
:yeah:

winnable finals

02-26-2006, 08:10 PM
:worship: Tommy Won :worship: 6-3 and 6-2

rrfnpump
02-26-2006, 08:11 PM

he will be the american hard court king this year :bounce:

02-26-2006, 08:19 PM

he will be the american hard court king this year :bounce:
LOL don't you mean he will be the German King of the American hard courts :) I mean if you want to give Tommy to the U.S. we will gladly take him ;) But I'm sure Germany wants to keep him :D I don't know how to say Tommy is wonderful in German, but he is :worship:

Alexiana
02-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Go gogogogogogogogogogoooooooooooo :bigclap:

Alexiana
02-26-2006, 08:21 PM
LOL don't you mean he will be the German King of the American hard courts :) I mean if you want to give Tommy to the U.S. we will gladly take him ;) But I'm sure Germany wants to keep him :D I don't know how to say Tommy is wonderful in German, but he is :worship:

forget about that ;) :lol:

Neely
02-26-2006, 08:31 PM
:yeah: Great job, Tommy! :bounce:
:woohoo:

Alexiana
02-26-2006, 09:02 PM
I wanna see pictures :rolleyes: If someone found some of the final PLEASE post :yeah:

02-26-2006, 09:04 PM
I wanna see pictures :rolleyes: If someone found some of the final PLEASE post :yeah:
Yes by all means if anyone has pictures, please do us a favor and post them :)

02-26-2006, 09:07 PM
forget about that ;) :lol:
Yes I know you aren't about to give Tommy up :) But at least he does live in Florida some of the year ;)

02-27-2006, 05:58 AM
Oh Wow did I get a surprise tonight. I was just
looking at some of the sports channels on TV and I came across on Sun Sports the words ATP Tennis. So I looked to see what they were showing and there was Tommy :worship: The channel was showing a delayed broadcast of the Finals of Memphis. Oh man did Tommy look good and I don't just mean physically good looking, but the tennis playing was great ;) The Match, of course, was over in no time. And the commentators (sorry I didn't get their names) were saying that they felt Tommy could get back into the Top Ten :) That would be nice, but I tell you just to see him looking so well and playing so well. Let me tell you I was thrilled :cool: I would say I will sleep well tonight after seeing Tommy :angel: but I got so excited I might not sleep at all :eek:

rrfnpump
02-27-2006, 09:35 AM

of course I mean it like you said :o

but in my opinion Tommy is more american than german at the moment :devil:

<Eve>
02-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Oh Wow did I get a surprise tonight. I was just
looking at some of the sports channels on TV and I came across on Sun Sports the words ATP Tennis. So I looked to see what they were showing and there was Tommy :worship: The channel was showing a delayed broadcast of the Finals of Memphis. Oh man did Tommy look good and I don't just mean physically good looking, but the tennis playing was great ;) The Match, of course, was over in no time. And the commentators (sorry I didn't get their names) were saying that they felt Tommy could get back into the Top Ten :) That would be nice, but I tell you just to see him looking so well and playing so well. Let me tell you I was thrilled :cool: I would say I will sleep well tonight after seeing Tommy :angel: but I got so excited I might not sleep at all :eek:
He WILL return in the top 10 really soon! I'm positive about it! :yeah:
You are one lucky girl to see him! last time i've seen tommy on tv was... i can't even remember... doha!? ao?! i don't know... but it's too long ago!!!

<Eve>
02-27-2006, 10:59 AM
yes I definately will. I live in Düsseldorf :)
Lucky you!! So you are also a student, will you take the center court 2 tickets?! 4,50 euro only!! but tommy won't play there i guess..

I'm thinking of going, a lot of dutch girls are going on sunday and thursday but then i have to pay for the train! ;)

Do you know when tommy will be playing or practising?!
It would be too bad if i'm going and I can't see tommy!! :sad:

rrfnpump
02-27-2006, 11:25 AM

you really cant miss him there :lol:

Alexiana
02-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Lucky you!! So you are also a student, will you take the center court 2 tickets?! 4,50 euro only!! but tommy won't play there i guess..

I'm thinking of going, a lot of dutch girls are going on sunday and thursday but then i have to pay for the train! ;)

I think I definately will go to court I as every year. Probably on Sunday. And another day I don't know yet :)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-27-2006, 12:41 PM
So excited that Tommy won in 2! :aparty::kiss::clap2:

Agassi Fan
02-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Congrat. for the title! :-)

07-31-2006, 04:29 AM
I got this thread moved back up because since Tommy won this Tournament I rated it a 5 for excellent. I would like to have stars on the threads of the Tournaments that Tommy has won.