he's back to home and next stop unknown... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

he's back to home and next stop unknown...

midsommardagen
02-11-2006, 01:25 PM
http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-02/10_2328307_1.gif

Main Draw

(1)RODDICK, Andy USA v GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP
DLOUHY, Lukas CZE v CARLSEN, Kenneth DEN
SAULNIER, Cyril FRA v PHAU, Bjorn GER
(Q) v (8) KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO

(4)ROBREDO, Tommy ESP v (WC) PHILIPPOUSSIS, Mark AUS
PAVEL, Andrei ROM v SODERLING, Robin SWE
MURRAY, Andy GBR v (WC)FISH, Mardy USA
WANG, Yeu-Tzuoo TPE v (5) BLAKE, James USA

(7) TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS v BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE
ARTHURS, Wayne AUS v REYNOLDS, Bobby USA
JOHANSSON, Joachim SWE v (Q)
GOLDSTEIN, Paul USA v (3)HEWITT, Lleyton AUS

(6)HANESCU, Victor ROM v (Q)
SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER v VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL
(Q) v SPADEA, Vincent USA
(WC)JENKINS, Scoville USA v (2)AGASSI, Andre USA

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-02/11_2148616_3.gif
COME ON PIM-PIM!

Kat!
02-11-2006, 01:51 PM
FINALLY :worship: ..... I hope he can at least win a couple ;) of matches to celebrate his comeback.... lol. ATP should give him a blog :cool:

Sommarsverige
02-11-2006, 03:55 PM
So great to see Pim Pim in a draw again :bounce: :bounce:

Lycka till, Pim Pim :yeah:

Aleksa's Laydee
02-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Yay Joachim :woohoo: Welcome back :D

OddJob
02-11-2006, 11:55 PM
WB Pim Pim and good luck in SJ! :)

Luna
02-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Best of luck to you!!

foolish pleasure
02-12-2006, 05:39 PM
:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Luna
02-13-2006, 01:04 AM
Monday's OOP.

Center Court

9:30 AM
Goldstein/Thomas vs Haggard/Vliegen

Followed by
Cyril Saulnier vs Bjorn Phau

Followed by
Sam Querrey vs Vincent Spadea

Followed by
Joachim Johansson vs Sam Warburg

Not Before 7:00 PM
Scoville Jenskins vs Andre Agassi

Followed by
Andy Murray vs Mardy Fish

As I never heard the name of Sam Warburg,hopefully it's an easy match for PimPim.

midsommardagen
02-13-2006, 01:39 AM
thanks Luna ;)

Come on Pim Pim!:banana:

star
02-13-2006, 03:15 AM
I'm so happy he's back! I hope I get to see him at IW. I hope he feels well enough to play there.

He's in Lleyton's quarter. I wonder if there are any hard feelings there.

OddJob
02-13-2006, 03:36 AM
Serve Sammy out Pim Pim!!!!!

Björki
02-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Kom Igen Pim Pim :bounce:

Kat!
02-13-2006, 10:44 AM
PimPim is the "One to Watch" on the ATP site :eek: I hope it's not a curse.....

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-13-2006, 03:51 PM
come on pim! take the title! ;)

Alexiana
02-13-2006, 04:24 PM
great to see he's coming back :) :)

dylan24
02-14-2006, 04:25 AM
great going pim pim.
losing to a nobody

midsommardagen
02-14-2006, 04:34 AM
too bad he lost the match but it takes time for Pim Pim to come back at his best form. So we have to be patient.

good luck next time.

Björki
02-14-2006, 05:41 AM
:sad:

Sommarsverige
02-14-2006, 06:50 AM
Can´t believe he lost :sad:
And he was so optimistic...

midsommardagen
02-14-2006, 09:59 AM
he's always so optimistic... ;)

:help: can anyone find some photos or transcript of after match press conference? All the news about SAP I could find today focus on Murry. as if the whole world forgot Pim Pim already. :bigcry:

ps, is this the shortest cheering thread for Pim ever? :cuckoo::p

foolish pleasure
02-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Substitute comes up big
Stanford graduate Warburg fills in for Agassi, delivers upset win
- John Shea
Tuesday, February 14, 2006

San Jose -- Sam Warburg, a 2005 Stanford graduate who was a co-winner of the 2004 NCAA doubles championship, upset Sweden's Joachim Johansson, once ranked ninth in the world, on the first day of the SAP Open.

Warburg had the crowd on his side as he outlasted his more powerful opponent 6-3, 4-6, 6-3, and it's possible he could play another player from Stanford, Paul Goldstein, in the next round.

He'll meet the winner of Wednesday's Goldstein-Lleyton Hewitt match.

"I think it's a great chance," said Warburg, hoping his practice partner will beat the Aussie.

The 22-year-old Warburg, who won his first ATP match, was thrilled to play the feature match in place of Andre Agassi, who withdrew with an injury.

"Bring it on. I love it," Warburg said. "What's better than playing a night match in this tournament, 30 minutes from where you went to college? Unless the tournament was snack dab in the middle of Sacramento, I can't imagine it being any better."

Warburg graduated from Sacramento's Jesuit High School and had several family members in attendance, along with about 20 friends from Stanford.

When the match ended, with Johansson hitting a forehand into the net, Warburg jumped off both feet and raised his arms. The crowd -- announced at 6,317 -- gave him a standing ovation.

Johansson was ranked as high as ninth last summer, but he had shoulder surgery in July and elbow surgery in December. Monday marked his first match since the operations.

In the nightcap, Andy Murray beat Mardy Fish 6-2, 6-2.

sorry, that was all i could find--find me a swedish article pina, and i'll "translate" it ;)

from watching the live scoreboard last night--until it froze permanently at 4-3 (joachim) in the 2nd set:
set 1: sam won almost all if his service games at love
and got lots of points on joachim's serve, even on the games joachim won, (except for his first service game which i think he won at 15 :) )
set 2: joachim seemed to settle down--sam had much harder time holding--no more love games--joachim seemed to be holding much more easily.
set 3 :shrug:

don't be sad pimsters,
:) joachim held the very first service game he played, in what, like 7 months? that's big deal!
:) and he won a set--even though he is only soft serving for now
:) and he didn't lose the match embarassingly, like 6-0, 6-0, or anything
:devil: and san jose is a nothing little tournament anyway--so nothing, that the only press coverage is the local paper ;)

this was an ok first mach back (and if this is the worst, joachim will be doing very well by the us open :smooch: )

Alexiana
02-14-2006, 01:16 PM
I don't think its such a big deal that he lost.
After Haas came back from his surgery he lost to Spadea and Popp before even winning one set. And he had such a great year after that.
So don't worry, PimPim will surely come back to his old form. I really like him and wish him all the best. Now all he needs is match practise. GO PIMPIM :)

midsommardagen
02-14-2006, 02:55 PM
sorry, that was all i could find--find me a swedish article pina, and i'll "translate" it ;)

thank you:hug: I did find one here:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,778243,00.html

but I'll help you "translate" it. :p here it is.

Back after seven months - then lost

http://img.aftonbladet.se/sport/0602/14/johansson210.jpg<===old photo :p

SAN JOSE. The became loss direct in the tennis comeback for Joachim Johansson, 23.
Early this morning Swedish time fell” Pim-Pim” in the first round of ATP-turneringen in San Jose.
The the American strait player Sam Warburg, rankad 234 in the world, won with 6-3 in third set.

- in view of that the each my first game on over seven months thinks I that the went kindly, sa he to sportbladet.se in kulverten during HP Pavilion after the game.
An armbågs - and arbor operation had forced him to the long detained.
The rust was visible in the game's introduction.
Forehanden thickset överallt except in the lines and he dropped first set with 6-3.
- three the first games felt the as about I not played on a while. But I thought that the went gooder of course the longer game was taking place.

32 mistakes
As so often when Pim-Pim falls in a game did not win the antagonist. The was the Swede as lost.
At the end of third set had he replied for 32 mistakes as costed him the points.
- each the actually so many? The did not feel so dangerously.
The misses came both on both load hand - and the back hand side. Those aisles the load hand makeacommitmentto where the on the other hand points direct.
- I servade never hard. Such influences the basis line playing. One drops little of inherited, sa Pim-Pim that despite all roared in several services on 215 to 220 kilometers in the hour. The each an of the explanations to that he succeeded to win other set with 6-4.
Against the end of third set believed he that the nightmare where back.
- I might ont in the arm. But thanks and vacations each the in överarmen, not in the elbow or in the arbor where I been operated.
Pim-Pim had only accustomed against two tip players during detained. The uniting product Kenneth Carlsen - last Friday - and the other other Agassi - last Sunday.

Agassi threw in the towel
Yesterday, Agassi drew itself from the competition in San Jose with a spine damage.
- I do not believe the each my error, sa Pim-Pim with a laughter.
- he continued the training a hour after that we stopped.
Nearest plays the Swede in Memphis. In March, Indian waits Wells, an of the nine big ATP-turneringarna.
Despite the loss this morning is he full of allocating view.
- certain, one wants to always to win. But I had counted with this. The objective has all the time been utomhussäsongen this summer.
And why willed he be displeased? The game gave him nevertheless that really he waited and hoped on during the long damage detained:
The body holds.

he's still so optimistic :angel: Keep fighting then! :yeah:
BTW, the score board of San Jose is the worst one I've ever seen. Since Stanford is only 30 minutes away from there maybe they should just get some students update it.

foolish pleasure
02-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Waburg withstood Johansson's blistering serve and forehand, going up two breaks at 4-1 in the third set and holding on for the victory.

"He lives and dies by his forehand," Warburg said of Johansson, who has plunged to No. 234 in the rankings. "He hit some great ones, but he sprayed some, too."

- I servade never hard. Such influences the basis line playing. One drops little of inherited, sa Pim-Pim that despite all roared in several services on 215 to 220 kilometers in the hour. The each an of the explanations to that he succeeded to win other set with 6-4.

215-220 km/hr?!? isn't that like 130-140 miles/hr!?! not serving hard hunh? :rolleyes:

thanks for the article pina :hug:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-14-2006, 04:57 PM
any news on the hair? did he finally get it cut?

foolish pleasure
02-14-2006, 10:04 PM
did he finally get it cut?

no ma'am--it's as long as ever :p

midsommardagen
02-15-2006, 01:56 PM
no ma'am--it's as long as ever :p

no ma'am--it's even longer than ever :devil:

Sommarsverige
02-15-2006, 08:05 PM
no ma'am--it's even longer than ever :devil:

:lol: :lol:

Aleksa's Laydee
02-17-2006, 08:36 AM
:sad: So sad that Joachim lost but at least he's back and the hairs still here :D :lol:

kada starpiba
02-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Why He is out of Memphis? :eek:

midsommardagen
02-17-2006, 10:48 PM
OMG, please don't tell me he has injury again.:scared:

foolish pleasure
02-18-2006, 06:40 PM
he withdrew....
Top-seeded players facing troublesome openers at RMKC
By Phil Stukenborg
Contact
February 18, 2006

Phil Chamberlain, tournament director of the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships and the Cellular South Cup, didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

And he wasn't reacting to the wintry weekend weather forecast.
He was looking at the draw for next week's RMKC, the annual ATP Tour tennis stop in Memphis that starts Monday at The Racquet Club. The CSC, the women's portion of the combined event, begins Sunday.

Chamberlain was somewhat ecstatic, and somewhat concerned, about the number of difficult first-round matches in the 32-man field.

Top seed and 2002 Memphis champion Andy Roddick drew former high school basketball teammate Mardy Fish, a top-20 player two years ago.

...BLAH BLAH BLAH....

''I think, overall, it's a pretty balanced draw,'' Chamberlain said. ''And it's a great field.''

Sweden's Joachim Johansson, the 2004 Memphis champion, made it to The Racquet Club Friday, but only to announce his withdrawal and to graciously help with the draw. Johansson is coming off two surgeries (shoulder, elbow) last year and felt he needed more time to rehabilitate after playing earlier this week in San Jose, his first tour match in more than six months.

Johansson said he would return to Europe to continue his rehab. He had elbow surgery in December.

''I want to be on top of my game for the grasscourt season,'' he said.

Chamberlain said he felt for Fish, a wild-card recipient coming off an injury-plagued season himself, drawing Roddick in the first round. Fish had two wrist surgeries last year and was limited to three tournaments after the French Open.

''It's got to be a little disappointing for him,'' Chamberlain said. ''But these guys are professionals. They take it in stride.''

On the women's side, top seed Nicole Vaidisova drew a difficult opening-round match in Viktoria Azarenka.

birte,
does the original swedish of this: Against the end of third set believed he that the nightmare where back.
- I might ont in the arm. But thanks and vacations each the in överarmen, not in the elbow or in the arbor where I been operated.
mean this:At the end of the third set, he feared that the injuries were back. "My arm hurt, but thankfully it was the forearm, and not my elbow or shoulder that I had surgery on."?
the original is here (http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,778243,00.html)

kada starpiba
02-18-2006, 07:37 PM
I think that mean He will not play Dubai too

OddJob
02-19-2006, 04:12 AM
Awww it seems Pim Pim just can't catch a break. :sad:

tennisforumsname
02-19-2006, 05:05 AM
they had an autograph session with him at the open, so i kinda met/him got his autograph! this was after he lost, though... poor guy- it was nice of him to still stick around and do autographs later in the week.

i felt kinda bad for him because everyone was there to see agassi that night, which didn't happen when he withrdew last minute. the crowd was really rowdy as a result/ just kept on cheering whichever guy was losing at the moment.

midsommardagen
02-19-2006, 11:25 AM
thank you foolish pleasure for the news :worship:
Did he get injured again? or he just needs some more time to rehabilitate? poor guy :bigcry:
awww, Pim Pim get well soon.:hug:

Sommarsverige
02-19-2006, 05:41 PM
he withdrew....

birte,
does the original swedish of this:
mean this:?
the original is here (http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,778243,00.html)

Yes, the translation is 100% right, foolish pleasure :yeah:

Here is another, very short, article:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,781114,00.html

It´s mainly the same content, but Pim Pim says additionally that he will to 99% withdraw also from Indian Wells & Miami, because he needs some more time to recover.
For Pim Pim this hasn´t been unexpected, he says: "I didn´t expect that my body would work to 100% when I come back, but I suspected that something like this could happen when I start serving normally again...."

midsommardagen
02-20-2006, 02:08 PM
it's such a bad news. I hope his new injury isn't serious at all, and he's just being cautious to withdraw Memphis. :sad:

and Pim Pim, next time don't come back before you are 100% fit! otherwise I'll try to find a way to cut your hair. :devil:

foolish pleasure
02-20-2006, 02:44 PM
it's such a bad news. I hope his new injury isn't serious at all, and he's just being cautious to withdraw Memphis. :sad:

and Pim Pim, next time don't come back before you are 100% fit! otherwise I'll try to find a way to cut your hair. :devil:

pina, maybe its time to change the title of the thread to "just testing the water"

Alexiana
02-20-2006, 02:45 PM
pina, maybe its time to change the title of the thread to "just testing the water"

:lol: don't say that

midsommardagen
02-21-2006, 02:40 AM

well, what's the meaning of "tesing the water" ? :p English isn't my native language so...

In Chinese, when useing it in internet forums particularly, "water" means saying something off-topic. :devil:

foolish pleasure
02-21-2006, 06:27 PM
well, what's the meaning of "tesing the water" ? :p English isn't my native language so...

In Chinese, when useing it in internet forums particularly, "water" means saying something off-topic. :devil:
:worship: standing in awe of your english speaking abilities :worship: (and i'm being serious, not teasing :hug: )

"testing the water" isn't bad, promise :)

when one says "to test the water" in english (at least in american english)--it just means to see how things stand without committing to anything--so, if pim was "testing the water" in san jose, he was seeing if his shoulder was up to tournament play again...or if it needs more time...

i can't think of a metaphorical phrase off the top of my head that means "off topic" in english... :scratch:

star
02-22-2006, 03:56 PM
oh. :sad:

So he won't be playing at IW. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Sommarsverige
02-22-2006, 08:53 PM
oh. :sad:

So he won't be playing at IW. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I am very sorry for you, but it seems so :(

midsommardagen
02-26-2006, 09:47 AM
thank you for your explanation and compliment, foolish pleasure :hug: ;)

missalyce
03-08-2006, 01:36 PM
it seems that he's got the same thing as Nicolas Escudé got.... I hope he won't take so much time to "cicatrize" :lol: