13. Zabaleta, Mariano ARG 97
14. Minar, Ivo CZE 98

kada starpiba
02-08-2006, 06:26 AM
Where is Pim Pim? :(

keqtqiadv
02-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Guga got a WC to play here.
7 withdraws for Saretta, difficult but not impossible.

Go Brasil!

squirtkb97
02-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Where is Pim Pim? :(

His current ranking is too low to get him direct entry.

Super-Fabio
02-08-2006, 04:55 PM
good luck to all italian players

Oj-Ala
02-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Thanks for posting the list ! :worship:

who will get wildcards there ??? :rolleyes:

Dupuis2006
02-11-2006, 02:17 AM
Go Andre and Ivo!!! Of course Roger too!!

Agassi Aces
02-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Federer v Agassi Final!

smucav
02-17-2006, 06:41 AM
Wild card to Guga:
http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=14768&bannerregion=

cedez
02-22-2006, 02:11 AM
Federer v Agassi Final!

That would be a great final. Or maybe Agassi v Roddick...

gusman890
02-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Good luck Murray !

Tear through the draw boy !!

Also :
Agassi
Spadea
Federer
Safin !!
Hewitt !

Bj÷rki
02-26-2006, 09:21 AM
OUT: Thomas Johansson

<Eve>
02-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Good luck to: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: Tommy haas :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Anf of course JC Ferrero, Grojean, Safin!!!:yeah: :yeah:

[enterfornone]
02-27-2006, 11:47 AM
The entry list is based on the rankings from when exactly?

~EMiLiTA~
02-27-2006, 01:03 PM
6 weeks before

Count Zero
02-28-2006, 03:37 PM
when will the Q list be out?

Klaas_nalbandian
02-28-2006, 05:08 PM
I think sluiter will be in, he was very unlucky in rotterdam, he could have reached al least the semi's

smucav
03-08-2006, 09:45 PM
http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=14889&bannerregion=

Wild cards:
Gustavo Kuerten (previously announced)
Mark Philippoussis
Nicolas Lapentti
Alex Kuznetsov
Donald Young

Fee
03-08-2006, 11:18 PM
That wildcard list is just WRONG on so many levels. But wouldn't it be great if Guga is healthy enough to play, fingers crossed.

Deboogle!.
03-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Yeah, three of the 5 aren't Americans. and not Mardy..... WTF.Yeah, let's give one to Lapentti instead of a former top 20 US and Davis Cup player who had two surgeries.

W

T

F.

revolution
03-09-2006, 02:51 PM
To be fair Lapentti has been suffering from hepatitis B so a wild card to him should help him get back on his feet.

Mardy if he keeps his improvement going will qualify anyway.

Good luck to Guga :D

smucav
03-09-2006, 02:53 PM
OUT: Escude, T.Johansson, Novak, Puerta (and Beck from ALT)
IN: Berlocq, Simon, Pavel, Sluiter

keqtqiadv
03-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Haha, Phillippoussis has already wasted IW WC.
Saretta needs 2 withdraws

Maxpowers
03-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Yeah, three of the 5 aren't Americans. and not Mardy..... WTF.Yeah, let's give one to Lapentti instead of a former top 20 US and Davis Cup player who had two surgeries.

W

T

F.

There are so many more deserving players to get wildcards. Why is Donald Young getting another wild card? Is it because he is trying to break Spadea's record of the most consecutive losses?

Bj÷rki
03-10-2006, 08:32 PM
when will they stop giving WC to Philipoussis? :devil:

keqtqiadv
03-10-2006, 11:24 PM
when will they stop giving WC to Philipoussis? :devil:
Maybe when he retires

*Ljubica*
03-11-2006, 11:21 AM
To be fair Lapentti has been suffering from hepatitis B so a wild card to him should help him get back on his feet.

Mardy if he keeps his improvement going will qualify anyway.

Good luck to Guga :D
That is true - plus Lapentti is a Miami resident and this tournament has a huge Latin American fan contingent. But Mark P. again :rolleyes: - surely they shoud have given one to Fish and not to him :devil:

Deboogle!.
03-14-2006, 03:23 PM
According to Tennis Week, guga is out ( :sad: ), so they should be able to reassign that WC to someone else?

LaTenista
03-14-2006, 03:44 PM
There are so many more deserving players to get wildcards. Why is Donald Young getting another wild card? Is it because he is trying to break Spadea's record of the most consecutive losses?

:bowdown: You have tapped into the inner mind of American tournament directors. :rolleyes:

fanancic
03-14-2006, 03:54 PM
AJMO MARIO!!!

keqtqiadv
03-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Guga won't play here, as deb stated before. He wil be also out of Davis Cup tie against Ecuador...

Deboogle!.
03-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Tennis Week now reports the WC has been given to Soderling

WTF.

[enterfornone]
03-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Tennis Week now reports the WC has been given to Soderling

WTF.

Well, Sod was below 65 in the entry ranking for just two weeks in almost two years (because of a surgery), and also currently plays far better than other potential takers.
I guess they wanted to make the tournament's field more strong. Why this amuses you?

Deboogle!.
03-15-2006, 03:02 PM
']Well, Sod was below 65 in the entry ranking for just two weeks in almost two years (because of a surgery), and also currently plays far better than other potential takers.
I guess they wanted to make the tournament's field more strong. Why this amuses you?It doesn't amuse me, it annoys me.

BlakeorHenman
03-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Good luck to:

Safin
Blake
Henman
Agassi
O Rochus
Murray
Berdych
Ancic

Boo:

Hewitt
Kiefer
Ljubicic

kingkent
03-16-2006, 01:40 PM
It doesn't amuse me, it annoys me.

Why because your precious Fish didn't get a WC into the main draw? The way he has been playing lately, he doesn't deserve that. Neither does Donald Young. Frankly most of the American players are a disgrace (except a select few - i.e. Blake). I understand Mardy just came back from an injury but he hasn't really shown anything to justify getting into the main draw of any tournament. Safin has shown more and he just came back from an injury, which has been surprising.

Fish getting a WC into qualies is deserving. If wants to get into the main draw, win some matches and earn it.

Maxpowers
03-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Why because your precious Fish didn't get a WC into the main draw? The way he has been playing lately, he doesn't deserve that. Neither does Donald Young. Frankly most of the American players are a disgrace (except a select few - i.e. Blake). I understand Mardy just came back from an injury but he hasn't really shown anything to justify getting into the main draw of any tournament. Safin has shown more and he just came back from an injury, which has been surprising.

Fish getting a WC into qualies is deserving. If wants to get into the main draw, win some matches and earn it.

He just won 2 matches at IW, and played a somewhat decent 2nd set against Nadal. I think in the US an American former top 20 player out for last year with 2 wrist surgeries who is coming back should get a wild card over Donald Young, who hasn't won a single atp match in his career, or unheard of challenger level player Alex Kuznetsov. Why don't these players need to win some matches in the qualifying and earn it? I know you said Young doesn't deserve a WC, but don't you think Fish deserves one more than him? If you were the tournament director who would you give the Wild Cards to?

Duncan
03-16-2006, 03:40 PM
another WC for Young? why don't they just fix the draw for him and try and give him a really easy draw so he has a chance of at least winning a set!

Poor guys confidence will start to go if he keeps losing

zimzim
03-16-2006, 03:51 PM
another WC for Young? why don't they just fix the draw for him and try and give him a really easy draw so he has a chance of at least winning a set!

Poor guys confidence will start to go if he keeps losing
Yes the wild cards don't do well for his confidence

smucav
03-16-2006, 04:31 PM
http://www.nasdaq-100open.com/news/pr/news21742.html

Guga's wild card goes to Sam Querrey (not Robin Soderling)

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/tennis/sfl-bmw16mar16,0,7649399.story?coll=sfla-sports-tennisNasdaq wild card

Sam Querrey, the 18-year-old American prospect from Thousand Oaks, Calif., is expected to get the Nasdaq-100 main draw wild card turned in by injured Gustavo Kuerten. Querrey is 1-3 this year after defeating Bobby Reynolds of Marietta, Ga., in the first round at Indian Wells before losing in split sets to James Blake in the second round.

kada starpiba
03-16-2006, 05:10 PM
That mean Soderling will play qualy or he is in the main draw :confused:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
03-16-2006, 05:42 PM
It doesn't amuse me, it annoys me.
you annoy me. cry about mardy (who sucks) not getting a wc when more deserving players (soderling) get them.

now, complaining about this Querry fellow would not annoy me cause i've never heard of him, and mardy does deserve it more than him. but soderling has been playing much better tennis (besides the choke against andreev, but alas, igor beat roddick too) than mardy lately.

kingkent
03-16-2006, 07:12 PM
He just won 2 matches at IW, and played a somewhat decent 2nd set against Nadal. I think in the US an American former top 20 player out for last year with 2 wrist surgeries who is coming back should get a wild card over Donald Young, who hasn't won a single atp match in his career, or unheard of challenger level player Alex Kuznetsov. Why don't these players need to win some matches in the qualifying and earn it? I know you said Young doesn't deserve a WC, but don't you think Fish deserves one more than him? If you were the tournament director who would you give the Wild Cards to?

The ones that deserve wildcards are the ones who are fit and ready to play and have their ranking hurt by injuries. Fish rushed his return by evidence of him losing matches in prior tournaments. Granted he won a few rounds in IW, it's evident he is not all the way back. It seems like the WC was just given to get Mardy back into playing shape with no aspirations of winning. He should of just played some challengers and got his ranking up. What is he too proud to play on that level? James Blake did it. So did Soderling, in his first tournament of the year (he won it).

On the comment of Kuznetsov, Young, and Querrey. Those three are not even ready to be in ATP events. They should be concentrating on Futures and bulding up confidence instead of taking these wildcards. No wonder why their psyche is ruined before they realize their potential.

Deboogle!.
03-16-2006, 08:34 PM
you annoy me. cry about mardy (who sucks) not getting a wc when more deserving players (soderling) get them.

now, complaining about this Querry fellow would not annoy me cause i've never heard of him, and mardy does deserve it more than him. but soderling has been playing much better tennis (besides the choke against andreev, but alas, igor beat roddick too) than mardy lately.I think WCs should be given to players of that country who need help. It's your opinion Mardy sucks, it's mine that he deserves to be given a shot in tourneys he has dedicated himself to in the past from his own country's association, especially considering he has been in the top 20 and even more especially, what he's done for the USTA and for US Tennis in international competitions. If not Mardy, why not someone like Sco Jenkins, or Amer Delic or Brian Vahaly or ANYONE? There are plenty of American guys who've been through injuries/illnesses/tough times who deserve it too.

Call me xenophobic or excessively patriotic but I think it's too bad that 3 of the 5 WCs are being given to non-Americans. I don't really care what you think, that's my opinion. I think giving a WC to Donald Young AGAIN is ridiculous, considering he can't even win matches at challengers and loses early in Futures. So yes, I think Mardy would make better use of a WC than Young. It's not that Soderling doesn't deserve it, but it's happened before that a player's ranking has gone up after the entry deadline closes - does that mean those players always deserve a WC? I don't think so, I think WCs should be used by and large for the home country's players. That's my opinion and I have a right to that. You need not agree with me but you don't need to insult me.

Kingkent, Blake was given WCs into all these same tournaments last year, and he did not have much success in them, so your argument makes no sense in light of the facts. He didn't play challengers til AFTER Houston and THAT is when he started to find his form. This week was the first challenger in the US in a while - and he couldn't make it to Sunrise b/c he was still playing at IW, so what challengers before now was he supposed to play anyway? For the record, Mardy is entering those challengers as well, so again, your statement doesn't make much sense (he'll probably get a WC into Tallahassee the week after Miami, for one). Perhaps he wasn't mentally ready to return to the tour, but he was physically ready, so I don't see what's wrong with having given him a chance in all these events - it almost always takes players time to get back into their form when they're coming back after long injuries - so I don't see how your argument that he lost his first few matches and thus shouldn't get WCs makes any sense at all. He was a finalist and doubles winner in San Jose, he was a finalist in Delray, and he has represented the US extremely well in international competition. So excuuuuuuuuuse me if I think he deserves to be helped out in his quest to rediscover his confidence and form - and he can't do that without matchplay.

Tournament WCs are also about people who will attract attention to the tournament and perhaps sell tickets. I'll bet everything I own that having Mardy in the tournament would be better business for the organizers than Soderling or Lapentti. Young is getting the WCs in part because he IS attracting attention and people to the tournaments (for whatever reason) so in that respect it's hard to blame the tourneys. a guy like Sam Querrey has actually had some decent wins in his young career, and he's the sort of young guy that WCs are supposed to help.

Fee
03-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Just about all of the wildcard decisions at Miami this year are kind of odd in my book, but the Flip and Young WC's are absolutely the worst. The WC's given to various junior tournament winners (to the qualie draw) are legitimate, in my opinion. Flip and Young are lucky that their agency (IMG) owns this tournament and pulls so much weight on the tour in general. Mardy, a client of SFX, got left out this time, but he was far more deserving than the two I previously mentioned (and I am not a Mardy fan). As for Soderling, what has happened to him happens to many players because of the 6 week entry system and the players accept this. If he has to play qualies, he will be the number one seed and he should be able to win his 2 matches. He will earn a few extra points for going through qualies, which will help his ranking, and he can avoid this situation for the rest of the year.

smucav
03-16-2006, 09:06 PM
That mean Soderling will play qualy or he is in the main draw :confused:Neither. He's very far down on the alternate list for the main draw & withdrew from the qualifying.

shotgun
03-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Neither. He's very far down on the alternate list for the main draw & withdrew from the qualifying.

Did he pull out of the qualies because he was expecting to get a wildcard?

jmgsdoubsprtnr
03-16-2006, 09:29 PM
I think giving a WC to Donald Young AGAIN is ridiculous
agreed.

I think WCs should be given to players of that country who need help.
What about the players who come from countries who only have 1 tournament a year, or even none? or even countries that can only hold tournaments during 1 part of the year because of weather? it's not fair to them and they would have a hell of a time getting their rank up without WCs from tournaments in countries that hold many tournaments ie USA. without those precious WCs, they'd be royally screwed.

Young is getting the WCs in part because he IS attracting attention and people to the tournaments (for whatever reason)
maybe they want to say they've been to the 1st match D.Y. ever won at ATP level.... they're gonna have to wait a (long) while though :lol::haha:

if you feel like i insulted you, i didn't mean to and i'm sorry. :hug:

smucav
03-16-2006, 09:55 PM
maybe they want to say they've been to the 1st match D.Y. ever won at ATP level.... they're gonna have to wait a (long) while though :lol::haha:After hearing PMac go on his rant earlier in the week--as well as players like Tim Henman, Andy Roddick, & James Blake speak out about the situation--it's clear that everyone except the parents are in agreement that the DY situation is out of control & is doing more harm then good. I've heard recently that the USTA has actually tried to intervene & suggest to his parents (who are the ones running the show) that he play futures & challengers & the big junior tournaments rather than pushing for the ATP wild cards. The parents balked saying that DY is too good for those events & belongs in the ATP now. I always thought it was a money situation with the parents, but it seems now that they're delusional rather than just greedy.Did he pull out of the qualies because he was expecting to get a wildcard?I have no idea. If anything I think it was the other way around: he withdrew from the qualifying & someone (wrongly) assumed he was getting a wild card. I guess there's a slim chance that Lapentti could still get in off the alternate list with enough withdrawals & his wild card would go to someone else, but maybe Soderling just doesn't want to play after the way he went down in Indian Wells this week.

Fee
03-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Interesting, but I doubt that DY's parents are making the phone calls. His agent has to have a hand in this somehow, I'm sure of it.

Deboogle!.
03-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Interesting, but I doubt that DY's parents are making the phone calls. His agent has to have a hand in this somehow, I'm sure of it.Ultimately we have no way to know, but it seems that his parents are in control enough to at least be able to step in and say "ok, our son's not ready for this yet, it's going to do more damage to him than good" if they thought that. Even if the agent is the one who's physically picking up the phone, he's still a kid so the parents still have to be approving all this at some point. All of us seem to think this isn't good for him, pretty much all of the players who know him and have been asked about it seem to think that, so as smucav said, either they're delusional, greedy, just plain stupid, not paying attention, some combination of those, or something.

I mean, we saw how he acted at that Carson Challenger against Glenn, he was like a little child who had no place being out there.

I suppose at the end of the day it's up to him and his family and if they keep letting this happen, they're the ones that will have to deal with the consequences.

Fee
03-16-2006, 11:08 PM
I totally agree about his parents being delusional (I should have been more clear about that in my last post). I don't remember watching him at Carson. Wasn't I off taking pictures of Harsh Mankad or something?

Deboogle!.
03-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Hm, I don't remember either, I guess I just assumed since I was there, you were too lol, but he was a total whiny baby about everything. Clearly not ready to be on the ATP level, ESPECIALLY a masters event.

smucav
03-16-2006, 11:37 PM
The parents are the ones pushing Gary Swain to make the calls (not the other way around) & ultimately he works for them since DY is a child. Some of it is obviously money-related, but they've told all the critics that DY is too talented to be wasting his time hanging around the juniors & minor leagues.

Fee
03-17-2006, 01:08 AM
So talented that he can't win a title at the Futures level?

I didn't realize that Gary Swain was his agent. Suddenly things are much clearer to me...

Deboogle!.
03-17-2006, 01:15 AM
So talented that he can't win a title at the Futures level?He may be talented enough, but he's obviously not mature enough mentally or physically to be able to compete.

it's really just so sad that his parents can't see what they're encouraging and enabling their kid to do. I remember when I was 7, the teachers at my school tried to convince my parents to have me skip 2nd grade, and my parents were like ABSOLUTELY NO WAY, we don't want her to be the youngest kid in her class, we want her to be with the kids her age..... etc. Very few guys who make it big go right from juniors to the tour without working their way up - and more importantly getting used to the tour and the level of play and stringing together a lot of matches - it seems like he's really potentially risking wasting his talent. Very sad.

Maxpowers
03-17-2006, 04:01 AM
He may be talented enough, but he's obviously not mature enough mentally or physically to be able to compete.

it's really just so sad that his parents can't see what they're encouraging and enabling their kid to do. I remember when I was 7, the teachers at my school tried to convince my parents to have me skip 2nd grade, and my parents were like ABSOLUTELY NO WAY, we don't want her to be the youngest kid in her class, we want her to be with the kids her age..... etc. Very few guys who make it big go right from juniors to the tour without working their way up - and more importantly getting used to the tour and the level of play and stringing together a lot of matches - it seems like he's really potentially risking wasting his talent. Very sad.

I agree. He may show a lot of talent, but so do a lot of other young American players. He should have to work his way through the futures and qualifying just live everyone else has to do. I don't understand why this kid gets a wild card into every event and he is being robbed the satisfaction of knowing that he earned his place in the draw. I stand by my previous comment that this may be a way to beat Spadea's losing streak record.

03-17-2006, 11:20 AM
:worship: :worship: go novak djokovic and pasanski!!!! :worship: :worship:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :clap2: :bigclap: :clap2: :bigclap: :lol:

Winston's Human
03-17-2006, 11:47 AM
What a ridiculous attitude DY's parents/handlers have. All of the top players (even Federer) played challengers and/or futures when they first started.

As for the USTA, while they may be backing away now, I am sure they initially pushed for getting DY into the top-level tournaments.

smucav
03-17-2006, 03:35 PM
OUT: Dent, Escude, T.Johansson, Novak, Puerta (and Beck from ALT)
IN: Berlocq, Simon, Pavel, Sluiter, Saulnier
NEXT: Saretta, Hernych, Phau, Garcia-Lopez, H-T.Lee, Dlouhy, Y-T.Wang, Daniel

Deboogle!.
03-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Taylor :o :(

smucav
03-17-2006, 04:15 PM
As for the USTA, while they may be backing away now, I am sure they initially pushed for getting DY into the top-level tournaments.Most of the buzz around DY was in 2004/early 2005 when he was winning a lot of national & international tournaments (playing up in most of them: winning 16s at 14/15, winning 18s at 15/16). He inherited the title the "future of American tennis" & there was a lot of media coverage including a profile piece during the 2004 U.S. Open. During 2004, he got wild cards into some ATP qualifying events & won one or two matches (at age 15). After winning the junior Australian Open in 2005, he got a wild card into San Jose & started pushing for more throughout the year. He drew fairly good players in his first few tournaments so it was a little hard to measure how competitive he was (& he was continuing to play the big junior tournaments during all this.) During this, I think everyone was watching him closely, but not expecting much. By the summer, it seemed as going back & forth was hurting his performance in the juniors, but I think the straw that broke the camel's back was his performance at the U.S. Open. That was the only wild card he earned (by winning Kalamazoo) & the draw provided his best chance for a victory. He drew Galimberti, a veteran mostly challenger-level clay court player. After playing a competitive first set that he lost in a tiebreaker, he completely went away & starting moping around & pretty much gave up. Johnny Mac, who was an early champion of DY, was calling the match for DY & he called him out for his poor attitude & lack of maturity. I'm not saying that Johnny Mac was solely responsible for the USTA's change in attitude, but after that match all the press on DY totally disappeared. There wasn't much written at all about him & there was barely any coverage of him finishing the year as the #1 junior (particularly compared to the amount of coverage of Andy Roddick's equivalent achievement in 2000). The USTA & the media really backed off on DY, while the parents went the opposite way: he hasn't played any junior tournaments all year & is solely focusing on the ATP even though he's having less success than he was last year & the year before. So while the USTA was responsible for some of the hype & qualifying wild cards in 2004, it realized at least six months ago that a disaster is brewing & have been trying to remedy the situation with no success.

The most ridiculous statement I heard during all this was from DY himself in an interview before the U.S. Open. He said the only reason he hasn't won a match is that the ATP players are afraid of him & those who normally give 50% are giving 100% when they face him. Of course, no one wants to be the first player to lose to some bratty kid, but the way he said this made it seem as if he actually believes that players like Arnaud Clement are more in fear of his game than they are of actual ATP players. Does anyone actually think that Tim Henman (who's having his own problems) was in fear of playing DY in Indian Wells? He probably looked at the draw & jumped in glee knowing this was one week he was definitely making the second round. Players don't think this way about other quasi-juniors like Sam Querrey or Scoville Jenkins who have a big enough game to win a lot of free points.

TenHound
03-18-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm confused about Pim Pim (JJ). I thght. he was coming back in Feb-March & he's been out so long he should have a protected ranking sufficient for entry. What am I missing?

Fee
03-18-2006, 07:33 PM
He came back, played one match in San Jose, had an MRI after that match, and is apparently taking more time off. Shoulder injuries suck.

shotgun
03-18-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm confused about Pim Pim (JJ). I thght. he was coming back in Feb-March & he's been out so long he should have a protected ranking sufficient for entry. What am I missing?

He's not completely recovered yet and if I'm not wrong he'll only return in the grass season.

Suzi
03-18-2006, 09:54 PM
i miss pims as well

anyways ummmm good luck to all me players :yeah:

Horatio Caine
03-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Does anyone actually think that Tim Henman (who's having his own problems) was in fear of playing DY in Indian Wells? He probably looked at the draw & jumped in glee knowing this was one week he was definitely making the second round. Players don't think this way about other quasi-juniors like Sam Querrey or Scoville Jenkins who have a big enough game to win a lot of free points.

Henman was 100% guaranteed a win - I'll be gobsmacked if Young EVER beats a good serve-volleyer in the next couple of years...he lacks the physical strength to do so.

Horatio Caine
03-19-2006, 03:27 PM
I know it is only my opinion, but I'm pretty hacked off that Young and Flip have got WCs. I won't go into the Young saga anymore because that has already been done :lol: But Flip is too fucking lazy - he is all talk and no action. I remember hearing him say he would "do everything possible" to come back, including going down to challenger level. I don't see any challengers in his list of results this year - just pathetic performances in 3 ATP events. The guy is a waste of space and I really hope we Brits don't help him on the grass because the irony is he'll probably cause us heartbreak.

*Ljubica*
03-19-2006, 03:40 PM
I know it is only my opinion, but I'm pretty hacked off that Young and Flip have got WCs. I won't go into the Young saga anymore because that has already been done :lol: But Flip is too fucking lazy - he is all talk and no action. I remember hearing him say he would "do everything possible" to come back, including going down to challenger level. I don't see any challengers in his list of results this year - just pathetic performances in 3 ATP events. The guy is a waste of space and I really hope we Brits don't help him on the grass because the irony is he'll probably cause us heartbreak.
It isn't only your opinion - it is mine as well! I do kind of understand the WC for Young as he is American - but Mark P. is just a big, lazy waste of space in my opinion - I wrote quite a lot about it when he got his WC for Indian Wells (which he wasted in the 1st round again :rolleyes: ) and I haven't changed my opinion. At least I feel fairly safe that he won't get any in the up-and-coming clay court Masters' that I always go to :) As for Wimby - I expect they will give him one :devil:

sonia
03-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Good luck to: Robredo, Nadal, Federer, Ferrero, Gonzalez, Safin, Ferrer, MoyÓ, Ancic, Verdasco, Monta˝Ús! :bounce:

yoguis
03-19-2006, 04:20 PM
:) GOOD luck Andre!

Deboogle!.
03-19-2006, 05:12 PM
I know it is only my opinion, but I'm pretty hacked off that Young and Flip have got WCs. I won't go into the Young saga anymore because that has already been done :lol: But Flip is too fucking lazy - he is all talk and no action. I remember hearing him say he would "do everything possible" to come back, including going down to challenger level. I don't see any challengers in his list of results this year - just pathetic performances in 3 ATP events. The guy is a waste of space and I really hope we Brits don't help him on the grass because the irony is he'll probably cause us heartbreak.It's my opinion as well. However, I was at IW when he played his match against Mayer and people around the grounds were talking about it and they were like "oh need to go in and see Philippoussis" - I was just laughing to myself b/c I knew he'd lose and stuff. Then I heard one woman after he'd lost talk about him and was like "aw darn he lost we'd wanted to see him, what a surprise" ... I nearly turned around and asked if she had any clue what his results have been lately, but I refrained :p So he seems to still have recognition and seems to bring people to the matches, so while that continues I imagine he'll still get WCs unfortunately.

jackieglover
03-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Always easy to find Spadea. Just start from the bottom.

Horatio Caine
03-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Sorry Rosie and Deb - I worded myself badly to start. I was implying that my opinion doesn't necessarily matter in the grand scheme of things. My apologies :lol:

Horatio Caine
03-19-2006, 06:05 PM
I nearly turned around and asked if she had any clue what his results have been lately, but I refrained :p

You should have had a rant :mad: ;)

So he seems to still have recognition and seems to bring people to the matches, so while that continues I imagine he'll still get WCs unfortunately.

In all honesty, if he were one of 8 mens matches on at the same time I'd probably take a peak as well :lol: That's the problem - it is :retard:s like me who keep feeding him :haha:

Fee
03-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Flip is represented by IMG and they have some pull. Don't be surprised if he gets more wildcards this year. I wish he would get off his lazy ass and play the Challengers that his ranking places him in, but like Donald Young, he must think he's too good for that.

Horatio Caine
03-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Incidentally, what is wrong with the big man this time? Another withdrawal :(

He should skip the clay and maybe find a couple of top challengers so he can keep his eye in...and his ranking will need some stability :scared:

Horatio Caine
03-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Flip is represented by IMG and they have some pull. Don't be surprised if he gets more wildcards this year. I wish he would get off his lazy ass and play the Challengers that his ranking places him in, but like Donald Young, he must think he's too good for that.

Young makes me laugh. Flanagan would eat him for lunch and that says something :lol:

Horatio Caine
03-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Seriously though, is Young going to be all that good? I heard great stuff about him a couple of years ago but when I saw a match he played at US Open juniors last year I thought he was pretty average.

Deboogle!.
03-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Seriously though, is Young going to be all that good? I heard great stuff about him a couple of years ago but when I saw a match he played at US Open juniors last year I thought he was pretty average.People seem to think that he is. I don't think JMac would say stuff about him having hands as good as his if he didn't mean it but he hasn't been able to translate it to any facet of the pro level at all. If he's ruining the potential he had by rushing and messing up mentally, that's really too bad. but what little I've seen of him, he's so obnoxious that I'd never be able to support him anyway. So for me it's just frustrating to see guys i like who have been injured and whatnot get passed over for WCs while the ridiculousness with him gets fed over and over.

[enterfornone]
03-19-2006, 07:41 PM
I didn't understand what happened to Soderling.
He got the WC (I saw it on the website, the same place that now shows Sam Q), then he withdrew from the qualifyings (kinda understandable, as he has a WC), then the WC was taken and given to someone else?
That seems almost unbelievable.
Maybe he refused the WC and withdrew from qualies with some other reasons?
If so, what? I cannot find any info. Someone to help?

WuMiE
03-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Come on Roddick :rolleyes: , Blake, Agassi and Safin

Deboogle!.
03-19-2006, 07:54 PM
']I didn't understand what happened to Soderling.
He got the WC (I saw it on the website, the same place that now shows Sam Q), then he withdrew from the qualifyings (kinda understandable, as he has a WC), then the WC was taken and given to someone else?
That seems almost unbelievable.
Maybe he refused the WC and withdrew from qualies with some other reasons?
If so, what? I cannot find any info. Someone to help?What do you mean he refused the wildcard?

Oh I see that Sam Querrey has a WC now. Well that's odd. Maybe Soderling is injured or something?

cedez
03-20-2006, 02:22 AM
Has anyone heard, is Coria going to play, or is he still "resting?"

Deboogle!.
03-20-2006, 02:40 AM
I'm sure he would've pulled by now if he was just pulling out to 'rest' - he's been a finalist there so maybe he feels like he can get something going.. even though I read that during IW he was at Mission Hills hitting on clay... :shrug:

uglyamerican
03-20-2006, 02:54 AM
What do you mean he refused the wildcard?

Oh I see that Sam Querrey has a WC now. Well that's odd. Maybe Soderling is injured or something?

If he feels like he wants to rest, it makes sense to not play. He wasn't on the original entry list, so if he doesn't play he gets to keep an additional "optional" tournament instead.

TenHound
03-20-2006, 06:08 AM
If you screw up like Pim Pim did & come back thinking you're healed but not, do you lose yr. protected status? Or do you have it for so many tournaments over a fixed span of time, but the clock has begun ticking for him now?

Fee
03-20-2006, 06:09 AM
I don't think so. I don't think he ever used his protected ranking, so I'm pretty sure he will still be able to use it when he needs it.

Truc
03-20-2006, 06:36 AM
Has anyone heard, is Coria going to play, or is he still "resting?"He said a few days ago he was going to play Miami. I don't think he has any expectations for this tournament, probably just wants to try out how he's playing in real matches.
It really was a very short "rest". But the talk about him taking a break was a bit misleading, that's what journalists/people wrote, but not what Coria himself said.

smucav
03-21-2006, 07:51 PM
added qualifiers

smucav
03-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Agassi OUT; lucky loser Phau IN