Chucho and Marat Safin! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Chucho and Marat Safin!

maria87
02-07-2006, 03:31 PM
:D I always thought they are similar: i am a big fan of both

-They are powerful: the serve and the groundstrokes (is that the word?), they hit the ball very hard and the ball goes very fast
-They are very talented and have touch and fine shots
T-hey are tall and have some problems with the volley, although Marat had improve a lot in that section and Chucho is growing up too playing doubles
-They have wonderful parallel backhand down the line: the difference is Chucho has a one hand backhand, as the old ones! very nice...
-They are very good players of all surfaces...Chucho is improving his game in hard courts and the match against Blake in first round AO is a sign of this
- They are shy, nice guys, humble, honest with the press
-Thay are good looking!
-Both played sometimes (as Gaudio said) as it doesn't matter!!!

Chucho beat Marat twice: Barcelona 2005 and in Arag 2002, i think, when Argentina won but in both matches Marat was injured!

Both are lovely!! ;) Mybe Marat is a little bit more charming....

whenstarsfall
02-10-2006, 11:07 PM
I am a big fan of Marat because he's so unpredictable and fun. I just got into Acasuso since seeing him beat my man Andy Roddick at the French Open last year. He won me over with his amazing shot making.

It'll be kind of hard for me to see Jose's matches because I'm from the US and they pretty much only show the big names. So unless he's playing a top seed I doubt I'll see him on ESPN.

I haven't seen enough of Acasuso's game to really know but I do think that him and Marat (mostly physical):

-Are very attractive and are exceptionally good looking with facial hair (huge weakness of mine, heh).
-Very tall and have great bodies. Oh my.
-Look really bad with long hair. I've seen pics of Acasuso and whoa! Craziness!

maria87
02-13-2006, 10:48 AM
I am a big fan of Marat because he's so unpredictable and fun. I just got into Acasuso since seeing him beat my man Andy Roddick at the French Open last year. He won me over with his amazing shot making.

It'll be kind of hard for me to see Jose's matches because I'm from the US and they pretty much only show the big names. So unless he's playing a top seed I doubt I'll see him on ESPN.

I haven't seen enough of Acasuso's game to really know but I do think that him and Marat (mostly physical):

-Are very attractive and are exceptionally good looking with facial hair (huge weakness of mine, heh).
-Very tall and have great bodies. Oh my.
-Look really bad with long hair. I've seen pics of Acasuso and whoa! Craziness!

I hope you could see Acasuso more times!! i think this year he will play better and better and hopefully you could see him in QF, Sf, etc. so he will be on TV's screen all over the world (as it was for Coria, Gaudio and Nalbandian).

I appreciate your views! you are right about the facial hair :) and the long hair!! :rolleyes:

About the game, i can see one difference: Marat is faster, but when both are in the kind-of-lazy-guys, they are so funny!! When Marat started to win tournaments in 2000 said his coach learnt to him to fight!! this year Acasuso said he leanrt the same in his therapy!
-They also don't beleive in theirself so much, so why they cannot show all the times their potential!!

Hey i ask you permission to quote you in my site and board on Marat: "Marat Safin, tennis & Art" can I?
http://bmaratsafinarttennis.runboard.com

whenstarsfall
02-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Sure, go ahead and quote me :D Can I join there as well?

Yeah, the ESPN commentators said Acasuso had trouble with motivation and didn't like to travel much because he didn't want to be away from friends and family (aww that's sweet but not so good for matches). I was wondering what his mental toughness is like.

In that category, no one can beat Marat. Marat said about himself that he's like a rollercoaster, he has ups and downs and we just have to sit back and enjoy the ride. Haha, I love Marat!

-Lindz

maria87
02-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Sure, go ahead and quote me :D Can I join there as well?

Yeah, the ESPN commentators said Acasuso had trouble with motivation and didn't like to travel much because he didn't want to be away from friends and family (aww that's sweet but not so good for matches). I was wondering what his mental toughness is like.

In that category, no one can beat Marat. Marat said about himself that he's like a rollercoaster, he has ups and downs and we just have to sit back and enjoy the ride. Haha, I love Marat!

-Lindz

sure, sure, you can join us!! you are welcome!!

good job, you are really finding the links between Chucho and Marat! :yeah:
lack of motivation sometimes and fobia to travel!! good points.