Chucho doesn't look stoned!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Chucho doesn't look stoned!!

maria87
02-07-2006, 10:43 AM
I read in the MG that some people says that Chucho always looked stoned on court! even they put the word "smoke" before his name

I don't think he looks stoned at all...The thing is that he is from Misiones, a State in Argentina in the NorthEast, and it is a very hot State, some much heat...he has the look of a provinciano (from the inner land) sleeping his siesta!! :D

Action Jackson
02-07-2006, 10:45 AM
I read in the MG that some people says that Chucho always looked stoned on court! even they put the word "smoke" before his name

I don't think he looks stoned at all...The thing is that he is from Misiones, a State in Argentina in the NorthEast, and it is a very hot State, some much heat...he has the look of a provinciano (from the inner land) sleeping his siesta!! :D

Lighten up, it's a joke and we know he is from the country and always looks asleep or a bit stoned.

It adds to his appeal actually.

lau
02-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Lighten up, it's a joke and we know he is from the country and always looks asleep or a bit stoned.

Yes :lol:

maria87
02-07-2006, 11:03 AM

Thanks, George...i like his look and it is so much appealing to me...but i don't like to think he is stoned, i like more to think he is from Misiones and he is sleeping a siesta ;) ...it sounds better to me :D ...i don't think to call any poeple "stoned" is a good joke...My opinion!!

Misiones is a state, not a country...the country is Argentina and this country has a lot of different weathers and landscape. Sure you know that, i am just remaking things..The one of Misiones is a letargic one with so much sun and all the lengends about indios....I think it is more funny to think about this...Sorry, again, i am just telling my opinion, George! :)

maria87
02-07-2006, 11:17 AM
one thing more, George, about the smoke thing: i don't like it also because i found more and more people telling argentines players are doping players...Even Brad Gilbert said that in an article about what will be the tennis 2006 he said no one of the Argentines will not improve in the tour because they are all cheaters!(horrible thing to say!!):

{Annie}
02-07-2006, 11:19 AM
there is no smoke without the fire

But Chucho is very appealing and we all joke about his "stoned" look because that's exactly what it looks like, but he's adorable :hearts:

maria87
02-07-2006, 11:22 AM
there is no smoke without the fire

But Chucho is very appealing and we all joke about his "stoned" look because that's exactly what it looks like, but he's adorable :hearts:

of course he looks adorable....but not because he looks "stoned" but sleepy!
:) :D as a misionero has to look! sleepy and "provinciano"....
his fire doesn't come from a "smoking thing" :) it comes from another better inner source!!

Action Jackson
02-07-2006, 12:02 PM
one thing more, George, about the smoke thing: i don't like it also because i found more and more people telling argentines players are doping players...Even Brad Gilbert said that in an article about what will be the tennis 2006 he said no one of the Argentines will not improve in the tour because they are all cheaters!(horrible thing to say!!):

Ok, smoking the green isn't performance enhancing and Brad Gilbert is an idiot and still has egg on his face when he said Chucho had a weak serve and a poor backhand.

I am still going to refer to him as a stoner, just like I call Coria a weasel, except with Chucho, it's done in a good way.

Well I am well aware of Argentine geography and know Misiones is a region, but anything outside of Buenos Aires is considered the countryside by porteños. Hence coming from a small place like myself I know the deal with certain regional stereotypes, the only thing is that the region changes and not the jokes.

Just understand it is not an insult to Chucho at all.

Choupi
02-07-2006, 01:26 PM
I can understand why some think the stoned joke isn't funny. And I'm gonna respect their opinion. But, personally, having had the opportunity to watch him play in Metz (doubles final) and having watched him closely for some time before his final, I would say that the stoned comment was suited. No matter how he looks and what ppl say about him, I like him the way he is. :)

maria87
02-07-2006, 01:40 PM
No matter how he looks and what ppl say about him, I like him the way he is. :)

Me too! :) :yeah:

i watched him closely too in Miami 2003...and i have to say he doesn't look stoned to me again! i think ppl just confused a look "so-much-sleepy-misionero" with a stoned one, tha's all!! But is is totally understable for ppl that is not from Argentina! ;)

maria87
02-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Ok, smoking the green isn't performance enhancing and Brad Gilbert is an idiot and still has egg on his face when he said Chucho had a weak serve and a poor backhand.

I am still going to refer to him as a stoner, just like I call Coria a weasel, except with Chucho, it's done in a good way.

Well I am well aware of Argentine geography and know Misiones is a region, but anything outside of Buenos Aires is considered the countryside by porteños. Hence coming from a small place like myself I know the deal with certain regional stereotypes, the only thing is that the region changes and not the jokes.

Just understand it is not an insult to Chucho at all.

yes, George, i can understand that!! i am just telling my point. I live in Buenos Aires BUT i am not a porteña!!! i am from another small region so close to Misiones called Entre Ríos, (we called here the whole region El litoral)..so why i know something more about Misiones, i am from the same group of states in Argentina...
and i never react as a porteño!!! ;)

Choupi
02-07-2006, 01:56 PM

i watched him closely too in Miami 2003...and i have to say he doesn't look stoned to me again! i think ppl just confused a look "so-much-sleepy-misionero" with a stoned one, tha's all!! But is is totally understable for ppl that is not from Argentina! ;)
I remember I was with a friend there. And I have to say she absolutely didn't know anything about him. And I didn't tell her anything neither. But, when she saw him, she simply asked "hey, does that guy know he's got a final to play soon?" I just had to laugh......I answered she shouldn't worry. That appearences might be tricky....She said herself, after the match, that there was no need to worry!! ;)

Truc
02-07-2006, 02:08 PM
His "Bob Marley" look in his old ATP profile pic didn't help either, imo. It was a terrible pic.
Anyway, I agree with the other posters, people don't mean it as an insult, don't worry!

lau
02-07-2006, 02:09 PM
His "Bob Marley" look in his old ATP profile pic didn't help either in that regard, imo. It was a terrible pic.
Anyway, I agree with the other posters, people don't mean it as an insult, don't worry!
:lol: True
How are you Truc? :wavey:

maria87
02-07-2006, 02:20 PM
His "Bob Marley" look in his old ATP profile pic didn't help either, imo. It was a terrible pic.

I know, i know, Truc, i am just making things clear as argentinian that is from the same side of Chucho ;) and i swear i never thought he looked stoned!

RogiFan88
02-07-2006, 02:52 PM
best thread title so far...

ReturnWinner
02-07-2006, 02:57 PM
I think he looks stoned coz he is shy :scratch:

Action Jackson
02-07-2006, 02:57 PM

It is, but he has the stoned look and most people love it. I am a male and think it's great, some would say languid and that's cool in a formal setting.

maria87
02-07-2006, 03:19 PM
thanks! ;)

maria87
02-07-2006, 03:21 PM
I think he looks stoned coz he is shy :scratch:

i think this is a good point, ReturnWinner....he is shy...and he hasn't that look of killer, you know? ;)

*Ljubica*
02-07-2006, 04:02 PM
I know, i know, Truc, i am just making things clear as argentinian that is from the same side of Chucho ;) and i swear i never thought he looked stoned!
Yes - I agree with Truc - we know what you are saying but we don't mean the stoned" thing as an insult at all - it just means we think he looks cool and laid-back and that is more likely a compliment :)

Effka
02-07-2006, 04:20 PM
:lol: @ this thread (in a positive way ;) )

But he does look stoned to me :p

Oh and you should check out the video from Vina (posted by Alexito in video thread). That's probably the first time i've seen him so pumped up.

Either way i like his lazy ass image. And it's even ten times better seen live :cool: I took this photo last year in Sopot. I think it's good to have it in a thread like this one ;)

RogiFan88
02-07-2006, 04:25 PM
whether or not Chucho looks stoned is a moot point considering he's gathering steam... and winning titles... and moving up the rankings ;)

Hendu
02-07-2006, 04:34 PM

The people from the countryside don't look sleepy, thats just a stereotype that the people from Buenos Aires who idealize the life in the country believe in.

And I find that stereotype much more inadecuate than the stoned thing...

He does look stoned.

http://images.sportsline.com/images/tennis/players/60x80/384579.jpg

Action Jackson
02-07-2006, 04:35 PM
This will be our Chucho chat thread.

Vamos Chucho, we love the stoner.

*Ljubica*
02-07-2006, 04:39 PM
:lol: @ this thread (in a positive way ;) )

But he does look stoned to me :p

Oh and you should check out the video from Vina (posted by Alexito in video thread). That's probably the first time i've seen him so pumped up.

Either way i like his lazy ass image. And it's even ten times better seen live :cool: I took this photo last year in Sopot. I think it's good to have it in a thread like this one ;)
Great pic Effka - thanks for sharing :) As for WIllyCañas' photo - well yes - he sure does look stoned in that :p

Hendu
02-07-2006, 04:51 PM
More evidence...

http://www.synsamswedishopen.com/~upload/players/acasuso_jo.jpg

I rest my case.

:haha:

Choupi
02-07-2006, 05:04 PM

:yeah: We certainly do. Great idea.

maria87
02-07-2006, 08:01 PM
The people from the countryside don't look sleepy, thats just a stereotype that the people from Buenos Aires who idealize the life in the country believe in.

And I find that stereotype much more inadecuate than the stoned thing...

I am from the countryside and i know what i am talking about!! i am not form BsAs, so i don't have this stereotype as perspective, WillyCañas! :)

if you think he looks stoned, that's your opinion...but i am not talking stereotype....BTW, i think that the stoned thing is another stereotype in a bad way: right now i have a discussion with a French girl that says Acasuso is in doubt for doping :mad: !! i Know you all are not saying this, but i prefer be out of the "stoned" thing.

and El Aynaoui was just punished in Italy for smoking marijuana last month by the Tribunal of doping

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=79074

Effka
02-07-2006, 08:30 PM
if you think he looks stoned, that's your opinion...but i am not talking stereotype....BTW, i think that the stoned thing is another stereotype in a bad way: right now i have a discussion with a French girl that says Acasuso is in doubt for doping :mad: !!

:spit:

Chucho only looks stoned, but that French girl is definitely on something so I’d recommend quitting the conversation with her ;) All Argentineans are dopers blah blah blah I'm too old and life's too short to argue with that kind of trolls.

maria87
02-07-2006, 08:49 PM

Chucho only looks stoned, but that French girl is definitely on something so I’d recommend quitting the conversation with her ;) All Argentineans are dopers blah blah blah I'm too old and life's too short to argue with that kind of trolls.

i don't think she is a troll...i just think this kind stereotype about argentinians is really growing and growing everywhere and i am sick of it! :o and i think sometimes that there is pple behind this making the thing bigger! :sad:

Effka
02-07-2006, 09:10 PM
i don't think she is a troll...i just think this kind stereotype about argentinians is really growing and growing everywhere and i am sick of it! :o and i think sometimes that there is pple behind this making the thing bigger! :sad:

Well I believe that everyone should have a brain of their own and a bit sense of humor won’t hurt either. Trusting stereotypes proves to lack both these things. I’m not sure if it makes me angry or just sad that people take some things too literally, maybe they suffer from lack of auto irony too.

Ok, that was the serious part. I promise I’m done with that.

Cheer up Maria and relax. It ain’t worth it :wavey:

Hendu
02-07-2006, 09:39 PM
I am from the countryside and i know what i am talking about!! i am not form BsAs, so i don't have this stereotype as perspective, WillyCañas! :)

if you think he looks stoned, that's your opinion...but i am not talking stereotype....BTW, i think that the stoned thing is another stereotype in a bad way: right now i have a discussion with a French girl that says Acasuso is in doubt for doping :mad: !! i Know you all are not saying this, but i prefer be out of the "stoned" thing.

and El Aynaoui was just punished in Italy for smoking marijuana last month by the Tribunal of doping

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=79074

Chucho's stoned look is not only related with his attitude and quietness, but with his face... and that has nothing to do with being from the countryside.
I am sorry but I don't agree with you with the fact that people from the countryside look sleepy.
You are not stereotyping?... ok. ;)

I don't think saying Acasuso looks stoned ads to the stereotype of the Argentine doped player. It is just a fact, he does look stoned.
Only trolls would say these are accusations of a positive doping control.
And I really don't worry about them.

lau
02-08-2006, 02:55 AM
He does look stoned.

More evidence...

http://www.synsamswedishopen.com/~upload/players/acasuso_jo.jpg

I rest my case.

:haha:
:haha: :yeah:

Great idea! :) and.., yes we do :p

:secret: and I love/loved not only this one :inlove: :p :o

*Ljubica*
02-08-2006, 05:09 AM

Wise words Effka :hug:

Action Jackson
02-08-2006, 07:15 AM
I don't think saying Acasuso looks stoned ads to the stereotype of the Argentine doped player. It is just a fact, he does look stoned.
Only trolls would say these are accusations of a positive doping control.
And I really don't worry about them.

Agree totally with this señor.

Those pics you posted is quality evidence.

maria87
02-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Agree totally with this señor.

Those pics you posted is quality evidence.

ok, well thanks for the discussion we made! i am still with my opinion...I don't think the pics are evidence of anything....there are a lot of pics in which he doesn't look like that....I don't think the pics are evidence of anything...I would love to see what Chucho would think about this name of "stoned" about him

in News and Articles thread i posted an interview that i read today in Olé in which he described himself as "quiet, slow, very easy guy, always walking with eyes down", a shy one as Return Winner says...this is the clue for his look in my opinion :)

in the interview he also insited so much in how he is working hard to be more disiciplinated and make the opponent feel that he si fighting out there.

Action Jackson
02-08-2006, 11:21 AM
ok, well thanks for the discussion we made! i am still with my opinion...I don't think the pics are evidence of anything....there are a lot of pics in which he doesn't look like that....I don't think the pics are evidence of anything...I would love to see what Chucho would think about this name of "stoned" about him

in News and Articles thread i posted an interview that i read today in Olé in which he described himself as "quiet, slow, very easy guy, always walking with eyes down", a shy one as Return Winner says...this is the clue for his look in my opinion :)

I have seen Acasuso around the courts many times with my own eyes to make my own judgements and why are so you upset with the whole stoned thing?

It is nothing serious and never has been serious and it's not like he is not appreciated for what he is. Pot is not a performance enhancing drug

Any individual with at least a 1000000th of a brain, can see what he is and he doesn't pretend to be anything that he isn't. How much clearer does it need to be made?

*Ljubica*
02-08-2006, 11:37 AM
My own view is that Chucho would laugh if he knew what is said - and I would have thought he probably already knows anyway through one channel or another. Having met him myself, I see him as an easy-going guy with a good sense of humour - and he would be well capable of laughing at himself and taking a "joke". Just my views anyway!!

Action Jackson
02-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Chucho is cool and very popular among his peers and that is very important and I mean it's not like he is called "the weasel".

maria87
02-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Pot is not a performance enhancing drug

i posted before that the tennis Tribunal punished Al Ayounie (i can't spell his name correctly) in Italy tournamente (it was a challenger) last month because of they found "guilty" (i don't know how but it was in the press) of smoking pot. He was suspended.

anyway, i said thanks for the discussion!! i won't insist about my opinion! :)

Action Jackson
02-08-2006, 11:53 AM
i posted before that the tennis Tribunal punished Al Ayounie (i can't spell his name correctly) in Italy tournamente (it was a challenger) last month because of they found "guilty" (i don't know how but it was in the press) of smoking pot. He was suspended.

anyway, i said thanks for the discussion!! i won't insist about my opinion! :)

Yes, I am very aware of the situation with Younes and if Chucho gets done with something serious and no pot is not serious, then it's an issue.

Lets say this now, don't get pissed off if people refer him to his lazy manner like a stoner. It's obvious enough that it isn't malicious and don't expect people to change their view on this.

maria87
02-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Yes, I am very aware of the situation with Younes and if Chucho gets done with something serious and no pot is not serious, then it's an issue.

Lets say this now, don't get pissed off if people refer him to his lazy manner like a stoner. It's obvious enough that it isn't malicious and don't expect people to change their view on this.

OK!!! :yeah: thanks, George, for your kind words!! :) i will let it go! :worship:

aiwen_mei
05-26-2006, 06:11 AM
I just visited this forum a few day ago. Glad to find it.

I watched Chocho playing against Roddick in RG last year for the first time. I was very impressed with his big serve. I'm a Gaudio fan but GG's serve ususally makes me worried :rolleyes:

Chucho is very tall, but he looks great and calm on court. I told myself when I first saw him play Roddick, this young guy looked like Ben Afflect, a Hollywood star.

Cheersss for Chucho in the upcoming RG. :yippee:

maria87
05-27-2006, 12:55 AM
I just visited this forum a few day ago. Glad to find it.

I watched Chocho playing against Roddick in RG last year for the first time. I was very impressed with his big serve. I'm a Gaudio fan but GG's serve ususally makes me worried :rolleyes:

Chucho is very tall, but he looks great and calm on court. I told myself when I first saw him play Roddick, this young guy looked like Ben Afflect, a Hollywood star.

Cheersss for Chucho in the upcoming RG. :yippee:

:yeah: :yeah: and he doesn't loolk stoned at all!! thanks for revisiting this thread! :wavey: he looks focused, calm and strong in the latest performance...

aiwen_mei
05-30-2006, 05:31 AM
:yeah: :yeah: and he doesn't loolk stoned at all!! thanks for revisiting this thread! :wavey: he looks focused, calm and strong in the latest performance...

Yeap, totally agree :D

Some tennis fans here in Thailand say Chucho is handsome :). My elder sister, who is not a sports fan also said Chucho is much more handsome than Ben Afflect. ;)

Dont u think so ? :)

maria87
05-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Yeap, totally agree :D

Some tennis fans here in Thailand say Chucho is handsome :). My elder sister, who is not a sports fan also said Chucho is much more handsome than Ben Afflect. ;)

Dont u think so ? :)

yes, he is very handsome indeed...and nice, humble and nice guy and fantastic player, so this is an irresistible package, dont you think so? :wavey:

aiwen_mei
05-31-2006, 04:40 AM
yes, he is very handsome indeed...and nice, humble and nice guy and fantastic player, so this is an irresistible package, dont you think so? :wavey:

:drool: That's why you cant stop loving him. :inlove:

Happy to know Chucho is such a great guy. :hearts:

maria87
05-31-2006, 12:16 PM
:drool: That's why you cant stop loving him. :inlove:

Happy to know Chucho is such a great guy. :hearts:

yes, he is! :yeah: :hearts:

he is very nice and humble, he always praises the opponent¡'s game.

Chucha!
06-11-2006, 10:00 PM
He looks really kind and I like him! :hearts:

Sorry, I'm french so excuse my english :s

Choupi
06-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Hey Chucha! Nice to see another French fan around. :)

Chucha!
06-12-2006, 10:37 AM
héhé ;) Ola Choupi :)

I was in Metz before but now I'm in the South of France (in my family), and Chucho has become in Metz for the Open Moselle (et je l'ai raté! et j'ai l'impression que je suis vraiment nulle en Anglais :D )

Choupi
06-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Your English isn't bad at all Chucha! And I live near Metz actually. I've seen big man Chucho there last year. You can have a look at the pics thread, you should find some photos I've made there. :)

Chucha!
06-12-2006, 05:24 PM
i have already the photos who are from the pics thread lol ;). He is so cute so... :)

lau
06-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Everything is soooo quiet here......

Where are you Chucho? :p

I just wanted to say hi to everyone here. :wavey:
I´ll be back! :cool: :p

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Hey Lau! :wavey:
I miss him a lot! :angel: IMO he still should have played in Wimby! :p

Choupi
06-26-2006, 04:41 AM

:wavey: Hi Lau!! I miss our Big Man too. :awww:

*Ljubica*
06-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Living as I do in cold, wet and depressing London - I think Chucho made the rght decision. I doubt there will be any play at Wimbledon today- and, if there is, the courts will be slippery and dangerous - he is better off at home!

Action Jackson
06-26-2006, 10:05 AM

Chucho is probably hanging in the bar with his friends watching the national team and getting ready for the proper events.

Choupi
06-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Living as I do in cold, wet and depressing London - I think Chucho made the rght decision. I doubt there will be any play at Wimbledon today- and, if there is, the courts will be slippery and dangerous - he is better off at home!
I know Rosie that he's made the right decision for him. Whatever his motivation. But I seriously start to feel the lack....:awww: But Stuttgart is coming up!! :bounce:

lau
06-28-2006, 12:48 AM
Chucho is probably hanging in the bar with his friends watching the national team and getting ready for the proper events.
:lol: Probably....

:rain: There´s no better weather here these days :mad:

Hey Lau! :wavey:
I miss him a lot! :angel: IMO he still should have played in Wimby! :p
Hi girls!! :D

maria87
07-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Agree with Radical grils

He should have play Wimbledon.

I saw Gaudio and Zabaleta in the crowd watching Argentina match in Germany and also players in the locker room of Wimbledon (Calleri i.e) watching the game...I didn't hear os see any news from Chuchi :sad:

anna10
09-27-2006, 11:55 PM
He does look stoned.

hahaha

I just saw this one for the first time. I love the different looks of Chucho, but this one is something else.

maria87
09-28-2006, 02:18 AM
hahaha

I just saw this one for the first time. I love the different looks of Chucho, but this one is something else.

hahah anna!! :wavey:

and in Davis Cup he doesn't look stone at all!! :bigwave: :yippee: :haha: :haha:

i loved when he said that players can be concentrate but they cannot avoid to watch the girls when they are playing!! :worship:

Action Jackson
12-15-2006, 06:51 AM
For some reason this place has got busy apart from the 3 people that post here.

maria87
12-15-2006, 09:38 AM
For some reason this place has got busy apart from the 3 people that post here.

what do you mean? sorry i cannot follow you ...BTW we are more than 3 people posting here!

ohoh i just got you!! sorry, i am not English native speaker so sometimes i cannot understand the sentences inmediatelly, sorry.