What are some of your favorite bands/singers? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What are some of your favorite bands/singers?

andylover_16
11-11-2003, 06:26 PM
hello..i am interested to hear some of your comments on music..since it is something i greatly enjoy:)..so how about it:wavey:

KatieH
11-11-2003, 07:32 PM
Hey!!!:)Back again!I like Coldplay,The Cardigans,Texas(LOVE THEM!!),Travis(the song Re-Offender is great!),REM,Stereophonics(their song:maybe tomorrow rocks!!)...But the artist who i'm listening to the most at the moment is Dido!HER CD is unbelievable!There are not many Cds like that where all the songs are good!
Also like Alanis Morisette..Saw here in concert near Geneva(Switzerland) this year, she was amazing!Can't think of all the bands,songers at the mo!lol

andylover_16
11-11-2003, 07:40 PM
great taste..i like rem and sterophonics and i love travis as well:D...i also like Oasis, the strokes, radiohead, jeff buckley, starsailor, david gray, U2, the Beatles, my bloody valentine, i can go on:)

Marine
11-11-2003, 07:56 PM
U2, coldplay, david gray, muse, REM, Cat Stevens, Police, Bruce Springsteen, Alanis Morissette, Chris Isaac, Eagles, Cranberries, Dido, Traci Chapman, Manu Chao, Bob Marley, Simon and Garfunkel...
and I hate rap, R&B, techno, house etc...

andylover_16
11-11-2003, 08:08 PM
U2, coldplay, david gray, muse, REM, Cat Stevens, Police, Bruce Springsteen, Alanis Morissette, Chris Isaac, Eagles, Cranberries, Dido, Traci Chapman, Manu Chao, Bob Marley, Simon and Garfunkel...
and I hate rap, R&B, techno, house etc...

yes i dont like randb either and i loath rap..but i like techno:clap2:..i see some people on this board have exeptionaly good taste:D

Shadow
11-11-2003, 08:12 PM
The Rasmus, U2, P!nk, Dido, Coldplay, Linkin Park, Phil Collins, Metallica, Nickelback, Lenny Krawitz, Reamon, Ryan Adams, Jan Wayne, AC/DC, alphaville, Madonna, Guano Apes, Scooter, POD

:worship:

andylover_16
11-11-2003, 08:53 PM
The Rasmus, U2, P!nk, Dido, Coldplay, Linkin Park, Phil Collins, Metallica, Nickelback, Lenny Krawitz, Reamon, Ryan Adams, Jan Wayne, AC/DC, alphaville, Madonna, Guano Apes, Scooter, POD

:worship:

i love ryan adams, and phil collins is good as well...:)...everyone likes coldplay...:clap2:...hooray..how can you not:)

KatieH
11-11-2003, 08:54 PM
Good taste Marine!!!
I like trance, and a lot of chill out music, like Enya, and Enigma!
Have you guys heard of Athlete???It's an excellent band!!!If you have the chance, check it out, it's worth it!!Also, like Ryan Adams,Phil Collins,Tracy Chapman,Madonna....will think of some more bands and singers, when they come to me!lol

Cris
11-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Madonna, U2, Linkin Park, Peter Frampton, Lenny Kravitz, Marvin Gaye, Dido, The Corrs, Marisa Monte and Marina Lima (brazilian singers).

michelleg
11-11-2003, 09:23 PM
I listen to: Timo Maas, Paul VanDyk, Paul Oakenfold, Sander Kleinenberg, Fatboy Slim, old 80s/90s industrial like Front 242, Ministry, Die Warzau, Nitzer Ebb... Smashing Pumpkins, Depeche Mode, early U2, DMB, Ben Harper, any reggae, esp. dancehall like Yellowman, early hip-hop like De La Soul... Classical (prefer baroque,) jazz (Miles Davis) and lounge....

GabbylovesLleyton
11-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Oh dear here I go!!!:lol:

COLDPLAY, Radiohead, Travis, Oasis, Blur, Stereophonics, Muse, Skin, The Dandy Warhols, U2, David Gray, The Beatles, Jeff Buckley, Ash, The Cure, The Smiths, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Crowded House, Echo and the Bunnymen, Damien Rice, Pink Floyd, Interpol, Feeder, Athlete, Turin Brakes, Joy Division, Starsailor, The Flaming Lips, Ryan Adams, The Stone Roses, Elbow, Jesus and Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine, The Strokes, Placebo, and I'm sure there is more!:bounce:

By the way I am Andylover's older sister.:ras::banghead::scared:......no just kidding we are quite close to be honest! And yes you can see we have the same amazing, superb, exquisite taste in music!:clap2:

Lindsayfan
11-11-2003, 10:51 PM
Blue,Backstreet Boys,Sugar Ray,Red Hot Chili Peppers,Justin Timberlake,Will Young,Eminem..a little bit of everything! ;)

Ads
11-11-2003, 11:01 PM
norah jones, red hot chili peppers, ryan adams, matt nathanson, jesse malin, dave matthews band, weezer, dido, green day, eve 6, david gray, hot hot heat, coldplay, stererophonics, tegan and sara, the strokes, the white stripes, phantom planet, steadman, the black crowes, rolling stones, beatles, sarah vaughn, outkast, treble charger, pearl jam, sarah harmer, sarah mclachlan, kathleen edwards, and so much more

Kristen
11-12-2003, 02:53 AM
and I hate rap, R&B with a passion! But some songs are tolerable. There's just so much 50cent *music<debatable* I can take.

In order I:
love Placebo... :singer: Brian is just divine. The make up is good, plus Stefan is a Swede which is a bonus *aside from being :music: inaccessible to girls!* Special Needs...
I like Sash! Doing a dance version of Nessun Dorma, without destroying it, can't be easy :hatoff:
Evanescence... "My Immortal". Need I say more? Beautiful music with feeling, reminds me of a chick version of Placebo, but a little softer :)
Coldplay also, lol can't go past the scientist, all their songs have great meaning and easy to relate to...

Kristen.

andylover_16
11-12-2003, 05:46 AM
great taste everyone:worship:...expecially those of you who listed Coldplay:)....

here go some more:

Placebo, Athlete(yes i like them katie H.), Blur, Muse, Jesus and Mary Chain, the Flaming Lips, Pete Yorn, Phantom Planet, the Beatles, Depeche Mode, Crowded House, Eisley:), badly drawn boy, the Cure, Interpol, The Smiths, Elvis(of course), Jack Johnson, Super Furry Animals, Gomez, Pink Floyd, Turin Breaks, Damien Rice:D..

Marine
11-12-2003, 07:47 AM
I think coldplay is the big winner of the thread ! :worship:

Kristen
11-12-2003, 10:26 AM
I thought of some more!!!

I'm Aussie, so some of you might not have heard of these groups/ppl.
Something for Kate... Silverchair (for their animal rights stance! :yeah: )
Moby (do we see a trend! lol)
Daniel Bedingfield, I'll confess to having several hanson, backstreet boys and boyzone cd's. Mum bought them for me years back, and every now and then I like to MMM bop! Omg how daggy ;) But hey, I do have placebo and coldplay, so my tastes have matured!

Russell Watson. do you guys know him? He's a british guy, sings classical stuff like nessun dorma, really great opera style music.

KatieH
11-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Some more groups,singers i'be thought of:Also like Lene MArlin,Macy Gray,Norah Jones,some of George Michaels hits!Joe Cocker,Morcheeba,Bee Gees,Moby,Cranberries,Eros Ramazotti,Jarabe de Pablo(very good!!),Myslovitz(Polish singer, i don't understand the language(lol!), but he has some great songs!!),Highwaymen,Dire Straits,Moby,Moloko,Some of Pink's stuff is good,Simply Red(Sunrise is a great song!),Sade,Sheryl Crow,anyone heard of The Thrills???They are great too!!

Bjorkman girl thanks for signing my guestbook!!!:)

Lynne
11-12-2003, 03:26 PM
I like Christina Aguilera, Robbie Williams, Coldplay, Dido, The Corrs, Blue, Bon Jovi, Matchbox 20, Savage Garden ( although they've already split up ), Linkin Park, BSB, I like a bit of Nickelback too........... can't think of all of them!! :D

Corredian's_Mind
11-12-2003, 03:38 PM
COLDPLAY!!!!!!waouhhhh.... :kiss: :hearts:
train, evanescence, queen, nirvana, red hot chilli pepers, kyo, tryo, indochine, téléphone,...

Marine
11-12-2003, 07:05 PM
You know indochine and telephone ?? :eek:
Great !! :hearts:

KatieH
11-12-2003, 07:12 PM
Indochine yeah!!!!C pas mal oueh!!!Ils ont quelques chansons qui ne sont pas mal du tout!!!:)

Lucie
11-12-2003, 09:52 PM
lenny kravitz, no doubt, U2, stereophonics (even though i went to their concert last week and it was crap), coldplay, savage garden (i used to love them so much!lol), the darkness, eagle eye cherry, oasis, i don't really like her music, but i went to a christina aguilera concert 2 weeks ago and it was amazing!!!

andylover_16
11-13-2003, 12:18 AM
I think coldplay is the big winner of the thread ! :worship:

:woohoo::worship:....

I love you all!...Coldplay are so great and they're even better Live:dance::...

btw i though of somemore,

The Verve:clap2:, Feeder, Suede

Lucie
11-14-2003, 04:56 PM
i'm going to see feeder in december, i can't wait!!!

GabbylovesLleyton
11-14-2003, 09:55 PM
lucky you!:p have a good time:kiss:

andylover_16
11-15-2003, 01:47 AM

really?..thats awesome...hope you have a great time..what am i saying i know you will:dance:

rogicomel
11-19-2003, 04:22 AM
Favorite band - Creed -- good music, awesome lyrics and the powerful baritone voice of Scott Stapp

Favorite singer - Josh Groban

No boybands, Britney and her wanna-bees for me pls!

I just appreciate talents! Thank you!

Snoopy_Girl
11-19-2003, 03:13 PM
Matchbox Twenty, Coldplay, Feeder, Stereophonics (the Amsterdam show rocked!), John Mayer, Our Lady Peace, Lifehouse and some Dutch and Belgian bands...

Corredian's_Mind
11-19-2003, 04:00 PM
You know indochine and telephone ?? :eek:
Great !! :hearts:

oui pour une française, il vaut mieux :)

sorry but i forgot:
stereophonics, starsailor, travis, U2!!! :D

andylover_16
11-19-2003, 04:59 PM
oui pour une française, il vaut mieux :)

sorry but i forgot:
stereophonics, starsailor, travis, U2!!! :D

great taste..i just got the new travis 12 memories cd and it is amazing:worship:..and starsailor love is here..is good as well:)

andylover_16
11-27-2003, 05:59 AM
has anyone heard the song...silence is easy by starsailor...?

Leo
11-28-2003, 05:36 AM
White Stripes, RHCP, Coldplay, Orgy, Linkin Park, No Doubt, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Cowboy Junkies, Dido, Fleetwood Mac, Cibo Matto, Dire Straits, U2, REM, Limp Bizkit, The Who, DMB, Queen, Creed, Counting Crows, Sheryl Crow, Tool, Lit, Jewel, Beatles, Jethro Tull, Nirvana, Evanescence, Puddle of Mudd, etc. ... So, you know, a large variety. Basically everything but punk, rap, and classical. I also hate most country as well, but Sheryl Crow is an exception, as is some of the Dixie Chicks stuff.

Leo
11-28-2003, 05:39 AM
Joe Cocker,Morcheeba,

Oh yes! Joe Crocker has some good songs, particularly his cover of the Beatles "A Little Help From My Friends" (or whatever it's called) as the theme song for "Wonder Years". My favorite Morcheeba song is "Never an Easy Way". :D

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 05:53 AM
White Stripes, RHCP, Coldplay, Orgy, Linkin Park, No Doubt, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Cowboy Junkies, Dido, Fleetwood Mac, Cibo Matto, Dire Straits, U2, REM, Limp Bizkit, The Who, DMB, Queen, Creed, Counting Crows, Sheryl Crow, Tool, Lit, Jewel, Beatles, Jethro Tull, Nirvana, Evanescence, Puddle of Mudd, etc. ... So, you know, a large variety. Basically everything but punk, rap, and classical. I also hate most country as well, but Sheryl Crow is an exception, as is some of the Dixie Chicks stuff.

oh i do not like rap either:spit:...its so degrading..o yes and i like the real punk music...for ex. the clash:)...rock the casbah:worship:..you have some pretty good taste though i dont like half of those you listed:)...but coldplay are so great and REM and U2 and pink floyd and the beatles, that it doesnt even matter:)

Leo
11-28-2003, 06:55 AM
oh i do not like rap either:spit:...its so degrading..o yes and i like the real punk music...for ex. the clash:)...rock the casbah:worship:..you have some pretty good taste though i dont like half of those you listed:)...but coldplay are so great and REM and U2 and pink floyd and the beatles, that it doesnt even matter:)

Yeah, some of the real punk music is cool but I hate the fake punk like Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, etc. They just bug me.

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 06:58 AM
oh i do not like rap either:spit:...its so degrading..

there are people out there that give it a bad name but damn...don't generalize an entire genre that way. It's just not right. You seriously need to be hearing different stuff if that's what you think of it cuz you're getting a very one dimensional picture

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 07:51 AM
there are people out there that give it a bad name but damn...don't generalize an entire genre that way. It's just not right. You seriously need to be hearing different stuff if that's what you think of it cuz you're getting a very one dimensional picture

ive heard alot of different rap music...but your a good enough person with good enough judgement so reccomend me some songs and i will try them for you..how about that...so then it will be fair:)

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 07:56 AM
Yeah, some of the real punk music is cool but I hate the fake punk like Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, etc. They just bug me.

i know..at least im not the only one...like singing "life styles of the rich and famous yeah they're always complaining" makes me punk..and i paint my face and blah blah...i dont like it:(...they think they are great...:scratch:

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 08:13 AM
*rubs hands together*

2pac -
Baby Don't Cry
Changes
Keep Ya Head Up
Ghost
One Day At A Time

Eminem
Cleanin Out My Closet
Lose Yourself (you've prolly heard that one but it doesn't hurt to take a close listen to the lyrics)
Run Rabbit Run
White America
Rock Bottom

NWA - Fuck Tha Police ...that one might sound like "typical" badass posturing at first but really listen to the lyrics. It's a statement about racial profiling.

that's a good place to start, lol

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 08:40 AM
*rubs hands together*

2pac -
Baby Don't Cry
Changes
Keep Ya Head Up
Ghost
One Day At A Time

Eminem
Cleanin Out My Closet
Lose Yourself (you've prolly heard that one but it doesn't hurt to take a close listen to the lyrics)
Run Rabbit Run
White America
Rock Bottom

NWA - Fuck Tha Police ...that one might sound like "typical" badass posturing at first but really listen to the lyrics. It's a statement about racial profiling.

that's a good place to start, lol

too bad ive heard almost all of them...lol..actually believe it or not i actually went out and bought the eminem- eminem show cd about a year and a half ago:)...i think it broke or something...i dont know...but i will try some tupac songs...now am i allowed to reccomend you some songs?

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 08:44 AM
lmfao...of course.

I'm open to suggestion.
*waits*

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 08:56 AM
lmfao...of course.

I'm open to suggestion.
*waits*

its completaly different from what you are listening to but here it goes....

coldplay- we never change
coldplay- brothers and sisters
coldplay- the scientist
travis- peace the fuck out
REM- the great beyond
:D

you have a downloading thing right?:)

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 09:01 AM
downloading right now, lol....here goes

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 09:07 AM
downloading right now, lol....here goes

:dance::D:dance:

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 09:14 AM
ok...The Scientist...i loved the piano intro but it lost me somewhere after that...roughly at the point when the vocals kick in, lol. I guess I just don't like his style but that's just me. The piano line was lovely but then it got drowned out, lol.

The great beyond is alright but the vocals are a real turn off for me.

ok..i've heard them all now, lol...still not my thing. I tried really hard to like them but I just can't. differences in people are what make the world interesting though so no big deal, lol

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 09:52 AM
ok...The Scientist...i loved the piano intro but it lost me somewhere after that...roughly at the point when the vocals kick in, lol. I guess I just don't like his style but that's just me. The piano line was lovely but then it got drowned out, lol.

ok..i've heard them all now, lol...still not my thing. I tried really hard to like them but I just can't. differences in people are what make the world interesting though so no big deal, lol

whats wrong with chris martins(coldplay) voice:confused:...he is amazing..he has a beautiful voice..could you explain please:)..plus he can play the piano guitar and jump up and down while singing:p...what about the travis song...and i like micheals(REM)voice...

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 09:56 AM
eh...you don't want me to go into it cuz it would prolly offend you. I just don't like any of their vocal styles and for the same reason, lol. And the travis song didn't do anything for me...sorry, lol. Like I said, I tried really hard to make myself like it

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 09:57 AM

here are the lyrics in case you didnt get the song

Come up to meet you,
tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are

I had to find you
Tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart

Tell me your secrets
And ask me your questions
Oh let's go back to the start

Running in circles
Coming in tales
Heads are a science apart

Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard

Oh take me back to the start

I was just guessing
At numbers and figures
Pulling your puzzles apart

Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart

Tell me you love me
Come back and haunt me
Oh and I rush to the start

Running in circles
Chasing tails
And coming back as we are

Nobody said it was easy
Oh it's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be so hard

I'm going back to the start

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 09:59 AM
eh...you don't want me to go into it cuz it would prolly offend you. I just don't like any of their vocal styles and for the same reason, lol. And the travis song didn't do anything for me...sorry, lol. Like I said, I tried really hard to make myself like it

o dont worry i like being offended...but really..i want to know...i hate not knowing why someone just doesnt like something:)..please...go on

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 10:03 AM
*sigh*

I think that they all sound like they're whining. It kinda resembles a cat howling mwaaaawwwooooo, lol. I find it to be a very dull sound and I can't stand it. I grew up on hip hop remember?? Every single syllable is very distinct and crisp. To hear that vocal style to me...it sounds very wishy washy

Jag
11-28-2003, 10:21 AM
^^^ lol, Samantha, I hate to disagree with ya but as a rock fan, even I have to say that Coldplay and Travis don't appeal to me. Their indie style is very distinct and quite exclusive and it just doesn't work for me :P

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 10:34 AM
^^^ lol, Samantha, I hate to disagree with ya but as a rock fan, even I have to say that Coldplay and Travis don't appeal to me. Their indie style is very distinct and quite exclusive and it just doesn't work for me :P

ok first off coldplay ARENT indie travis is but NOT coldplay...and gosh i hate when people say that...not that their is anything wrong with indie bands/artist...but i obsess over coldplay so if someone gets something wrong their is hell..lol...and LUCIDD im NOT getting mad...but how is he whinning...hes singing what he feels and just because he is singing the notes and he has a wide voice range does not mean he is whinining...you probably like it more when it feels like the artist is just talking to you right?...yes i think so...anyways what rock do you like Jag?

i dont care i LOVE COLDPLAY!:bowdown::hug:...and its just hard to imagine anyone else not...sorry

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 10:39 AM
it's hard to describe...it's the way that one word seems to blend into the next with no distinct seperation between syllables..it's a technical thing and it really really bugs me, lol. And i don't have to feel like an artist is talking to me at all. if i like a song then i like it, lmao...but his vocal style doesn't appeal to me

Jag
11-28-2003, 10:41 AM
I like Linkin Park, Evanescence, Puddle of Mudd, Nickelback etc but I also love hip hop and every other genre excluding indie and classical lol

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 10:47 AM
it's hard to describe...it's the way that one word seems to blend into the next with no distinct seperation between syllables..it's a technical thing and it really really bugs me, lol. And i don't have to feel like an artist is talking to me at all. if i like a song then i like it, lmao...but his vocal style doesn't appeal to me

you have got to be kidding me...how is their no seperatin between syllables besides you havent heard all their songs...grr...what do you like besides rap...you know im not getting mad really...but it comes to a point where i just get really puzzled with people:scratch:

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 10:49 AM
I like Linkin Park, Evanescence, Puddle of Mudd, Nickelback etc but I also love hip hop and every other genre excluding indie and classical lol

*cough*..well that does explain it....you like the raspy voices..its ok i understand you..but i still dont get LUCIDD....:scratch:

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 10:51 AM

o i know it now...you like repetitive phrases in the song...very repetitive and the kind of singing you like sounds like the background of that ghost song by tupac:confused:*the part thats on your signature*

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 10:53 AM
you have got to be kidding me...how is their no seperatin between syllables besides you havent heard all their songs...grr...what do you like besides rap...you know im not getting mad really...but it comes to a point where i just get really puzzled with people:scratch:

lmfao...well it sounds very slurred to me...almost as if he's drunk, lmfao. That's just the way his voice sounds to me and i've heard a lot of their songs.

Aside from rap...Metallica, Evanescence, Stone Sour, some Limp Bizkit and believe it or not...i don't mind the Backstreet Boys too much

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 10:57 AM
lmfao...my signature is from Runnin (dying to live)...I think you got a mislabeled file or something cuz it's not in Ghost.

And see the stuff i just posted for the type of singing i like, lol

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 11:05 AM
lmfao...well it sounds very slurred to me...almost as if he's drunk, lmfao. That's just the way his voice sounds to me and i've heard a lot of their songs.

Aside from rap...Metallica, Evanescence, Stone Sour, some Limp Bizkit and believe it or not...i don't mind the Backstreet Boys too much

its safe to say you dont understand coldplay..they dont sound drunk and he doesnt slur his words...grr....i could go on about how shit all of those bands are that you just listed..id rather you just stick with your hip hop...

sorry if i hurt anyone...i just get over excited....i have to let it out:unsure:

Jag
11-28-2003, 11:06 AM
*cough*..well that does explain it....you like the raspy voices..its ok i understand you..but i still dont get LUCIDD....:scratch:
Y'know, the beauty of music is not in forcing everybody to like the same type but in agreeing to different tastes.

How is Amy Lee a raspy voice and Chester Bennington - raspy? How? Chris Martin is more so.

And I get what Lucidd's saying, I mean like, with rap and hip hop, each word is in it's own whereas with Coldplay and artists like that, sometimes, they need to blend words - or assimilate as the technical term is - in order to fit the music. Rap doesn't have that constriction because it's not about fitting the beat, it's about the message in the song.

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 11:08 AM
Y'know, the beauty of music is not in forcing everybody to like the same type but in agreeing to different tastes.

How is Amy Lee a raspy voice and Chester Bennington - raspy? How? Chris Martin is more so.

And I get what Lucidd's saying, I mean like, with rap and hip hop, each word is in it's own whereas with Coldplay and artists like that, sometimes, they need to blend words - or assimilate as the technical term is - in order to fit the music. Rap doesn't have that constriction because it's not about fitting the beat, it's about the message in the song.

you need to take time to listen to the messages in coldplay songs...and listen to what your really hearing because your ears are fucking screwed or your brain is.....*stop samantha*...sorry....im letting it out again...

i love you all you know that:hug:

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 11:27 AM
no i don't know that

you asked and i answered...i offered and, in fact, tried not to offend you by stating my opinion but you pushed for it...

newsflash...just because you don't like it doesn't make it shit. you're not the center of the universe

Jag
11-28-2003, 11:37 AM
Samantha - we're not going to argue with you.

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 11:40 AM
Samantha - we're not going to argue with you.

you just did..and no im not the center of the universe LUCIDD...i know that:)....im sorry forget it..ive let it out...no hard feelings...

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 11:44 AM
maybe not for you but you just insulted me and worse you insulted my friend and that doesn't sit well with me...if you know you're saying something that you shouldn't then don't fuckin say it in the first place.

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 11:46 AM
maybe not for you but you just insulted me and worse you insulted my friend and that doesn't sit well with me...if you know you're saying something that you shouldn't then don't fuckin say it in the first place.

i know that is a bad habit of mine...i want to say it and i type it but then i say i shouldnt say it...i need to stop that...im sorry:)....no hard feelings right:hug:

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 11:48 AM
give me a few minutes to cool down before i get back to you on that

Jag
11-28-2003, 11:50 AM
Y'know, no one's really cussing anyone about their musical tastes - if you can accept that Lucidd and I don't necessarily appreciate Coldplay and Travis, then it's all good because we have no problem with you liking them.

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 11:50 AM
give me a few minutes to cool down before i get back to you on that

okay...i can do that:)

J. Corwin
11-28-2003, 12:23 PM
It's just music. Entertainment. No need to be so harsh, Samantha.

Prophetic
11-28-2003, 12:30 PM
amen baby...alright...i can forgive and forget this time...this time...but next time I won't be so easy about it

J. Corwin
11-28-2003, 12:41 PM
And Lucidd has issued her warning.

Take note!

Jag
11-28-2003, 01:42 PM
^^^ anyone who knows Kristal knows to take warning lol

Leo
11-28-2003, 06:35 PM
We just have to accept that different people have different musical tastes, as Lucidd (or Kristal, I guess) said earlier. It makes the world interesting.

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 06:46 PM
amen baby...alright...i can forgive and forget this time...this time...but next time I won't be so easy about it

lol..i will try to remember that kristal..it is ok if i call you kristal right?:)

andylover_16
11-28-2003, 06:52 PM
We just have to accept that different people have different musical tastes, as Lucidd (or Kristal, I guess) said earlier. It makes the world interesting.

yes i agree with that though..i just dont always like to accept that some people dont like coldplay or think they are whining..because to me if they are whining then every other artist is whining about their problems as well...its more like expressing...but i have to accept it sooner or later..:)

J. Corwin
11-29-2003, 12:14 AM
We all have different opinions and some peeps may consider expressing as whining. ;)

Leo
11-29-2003, 01:28 AM
My father thinks the same way as Lucidd. He walked into the room one day when I was playing my Coldplay cd and he said something like "Who is that whining and crying? Someone should put that guy out of his misery!"

Moral of the story: Not all people have the same taste in music. ;)

J. Corwin
11-29-2003, 03:44 AM
universal "moral"

Corredian's_Mind
11-29-2003, 02:31 PM
has anyone heard the song...silence is easy by starsailor...?

yes it's perfect.....i heard their last album and it is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i love it!!!!

andylover_16
11-29-2003, 06:21 PM
We all have different opinions and some peeps may consider expressing as whining. ;)

if this is true then therefor all the rappers/hip-hop artists that are singing about what they know about are whining..they are whining just as much as "coldplay" or "travis"...but i dont listen to music and think the band/artist is droning their music..and its unfair to say that...but o well...i guess these days to some peoples singing is accounted as whining:scratch:

andylover_16
11-29-2003, 06:26 PM
yes it's perfect.....i heard their last album and it is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i love it!!!!

:)...yes i want the cd...me and my sister have the love is here cd and it is good:dance:

Iza
11-29-2003, 09:29 PM
COLDPAY (yumm, yumm), The Rasmus, HIM, Nirvana, Blue, Placebo, Sean Paul!

Prophetic
11-29-2003, 09:44 PM
if this is true then therefor all the rappers/hip-hop artists that are singing about what they know about are whining..they are whining just as much as "coldplay" or "travis"...but i dont listen to music and think the band/artist is droning their music..and its unfair to say that...but o well...i guess these days to some peoples singing is accounted as whining:scratch:

first off...i said that THE TONE OF HIS VOICE...as in HIS STYLE OF SINGING, not THE LYRICS THEMSELVES that sounds like whining. Do you understand what I said yet or do I need to make sure not to utilize any words over one syllable before you can understand me?

Second...you just don't know when to drop it do you? Cool with me, my life was getting boring anyway. Just keep talking.

Corredian's_Mind
11-30-2003, 07:37 AM
:)...yes i want the cd...me and my sister have the love is here cd and it is good:dance:

:wavey:

yes i want it too...but in fact i want too much album in the moment: the new from travis, the "best of" of REM, the "best of" of the red hot, the new from muse "absolution" and the last from linkin park....Lol: 5 albums it's too much for a teenager! :rolleyes:

hey have you got the live album from coldplay? it's great! :inlove:

andylover_16
12-01-2003, 05:03 PM
:wavey:

yes i want it too...but in fact i want too much album in the moment: the new from travis, the "best of" of REM, the "best of" of the red hot, the new from muse "absolution" and the last from linkin park....Lol: 5 albums it's too much for a teenager! :rolleyes:

hey have you got the live album from coldplay? it's great! :inlove:

i have muse- absolution, rem- best of and travis- 12memories..:)..and they are all great:dance:

i actually just went to barnes and noble and purchased four cds....

travis- the man who:worship:
the smiths- singles:clap2:
damien rice- O:hearts::bowdown:
Joy Division- substance:)

and all four of them are absoluty amazing:)...i hope im not getting anyone jealous yet:lol:....:)

Corredian's_Mind
12-01-2003, 05:14 PM
i have muse- absolution, rem- best of and travis- 12memories..:)..and they are all great:dance:

i actually just went to barnes and noble and purchased four cds....

travis- the man who:worship:
the smiths- singles:clap2:
damien rice- O:hearts::bowdown:
Joy Division- substance:)

and all four of them are absoluty amazing:)...i hope im not getting anyone jealous yet:lol:....:)

Lol i am jealous!!!!

you have muse, rem and travis lol you're too lucky!!!LOL
do you have travis-the invisible band :worship: ?

andylover_16
12-01-2003, 05:18 PM
Lol i am jealous!!!!

you have muse, rem and travis lol you're too lucky!!!LOL
do you have travis-the invisible band :worship: ?

nope:crying2:...but i will get it eventually the next cds on my list are...

oasis- the masterplan
the flaming lips- soft bulletin
the dandy warhols- welcome to the monkey house
Depeche mode- viloate

and

Paul Van Dyke- reflections:)

and i have about 50$ as of right now so i will be able to get about three of those for now:)...what are the last cds youve gotten...?:)

andylover_16
12-01-2003, 05:19 PM
you see my fran healy avatar:drool::hearts::):clap2:....

i saw travis perform yesterday at the euro mtv awards on tv:)

Corredian's_Mind
12-01-2003, 05:27 PM
nice avatar, i saw it hehe but the one you've got before wasn't bad at all!

you lucky, we don't have mtv here :mad: lol

andylover_16
12-02-2003, 05:16 PM
nice avatar, i saw it hehe but the one you've got before wasn't bad at all!

you lucky, we don't have mtv here :mad: lol

yes it was sexy wasnt it...coldplay are the greatest...but i was getting into fran at mtv euro awards so i had to put him on my avatar...next its going to be damien rice:drool:...

im sorry you dont have mtv..but dont worry its not that great:ras:

Leo
12-02-2003, 11:48 PM
yes it was sexy wasnt it...coldplay are the greatest...but i was getting into fran at mtv euro awards so i had to put him on my avatar...next its going to be damien rice:drool:...

im sorry you dont have mtv..but dont worry its not that great:ras:

Agreed. They never play any music. MTV2 is much better.

andylover_16
12-03-2003, 01:10 PM
Agreed. They never play any music. MTV2 is much better.

without a doubt:yeah:...too bad i dont have mtv2...but everytime i go to a friends house and they have digital cable i watch it 24/7:p...lol

andylover_16
12-06-2003, 09:39 PM
this pretty much covers my favorite aritsts/bands:D:worship:

Coldplay
Radiohead
Oasis
Travis
Joy Division
Blur
Paul Van Dyke
Interpol
Feeder
Muse
Elbow
Death Cab for cutie
Mogwai
Skin
Ash
The Dandy Warhols
The Smiths
The Cure
Echo and the Bunnymen
Duran Duran
hot hot heat
Depeche Mode
Crowded House
The Ravonettes
The Strokes
REM
U2
Athlete
Turin Brakes
Placebo
Starsailor
Jeff Buckley
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
Stellastar
ultrabeat
Damien Rice
Manic Street Preachers
The Flaming Lips
The Clash
Eisley
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
British sea power
David Gray
My Bloody Valentine
The Jesus and Mary Chain
The Stone Roses
The Music
the darkness
The Verve
Pete Yorn
Ryan Adams
Super Furry Animals
Stereophonics
Sondre Lerche
The Delgados
The Datsuns
Budapest
Doves
The Libertines
mars volta
sigur ros
mew
primal scream
the la’s
supergrass

thalle
12-06-2003, 10:39 PM
OMG!!! You know MEW?
You have great taste in music:D Starsailor:hearts:

andylover_16
12-06-2003, 10:45 PM
OMG!!! You know MEW?
You have great taste in music:D Starsailor:hearts:

i know i do:p...i love music...i love starsailor and mew are so good:hearts:...whats your list?

Jessi
12-14-2003, 10:07 AM
The Beatles, U2, Buddy Holly, REM, Depeche Mode, Led Zepplin, Pretenders, Guns N' Roses, Spacehog, Supergrass, Pearl Jam, Dido and many many more...

andylover_16
01-10-2004, 05:50 PM
The Beatles, U2, Buddy Holly, REM, Depeche Mode, Led Zepplin, Pretenders, Guns N' Roses, Spacehog, Supergrass, Pearl Jam, Dido and many many more...

good list:)

Lucie
01-10-2004, 05:56 PM

when my auntie was a teenager she was asked out by one of the guys in led zeppelin, but she turned him down, just think i could have been robert plant's niece!

andylover_16
01-10-2004, 07:19 PM
when my auntie was a teenager she was asked out by one of the guys in led zeppelin, but she turned him down, just think i could have been robert plant's niece!

not to fond of led zeppelin:ras:..lol..but that would have been kind of cool for you to be his niece and all:)

heya
01-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Maroon 5 has a video out -This Love
I caught their performance on TRL. They should
be more popular...dammit

Ma. Estefania
01-14-2004, 11:10 PM
:worship: Air Supply forever. :worship:

Hispanica
01-15-2004, 02:44 AM
Well here they are:
Indochine
Manu Chao so cool
Coldplay
Bryan Adams
REM
Jann Arden just discovered her
Dido
U2
Queen
Phil Collins
Enya
Fernando Delgadillo very nice voice
Josh Groban
Hooverphnic very cool
The Beatles nothing better than old stuff
Jewel
The Corrs

Ma. Estefania
01-15-2004, 03:35 PM
Oh yeah, Bryan Adams too.

I think I wasn't even born when Air Supply and Bryan Adams, or the Bee Gees were already singing, but I really like them. :)

Hispanica
01-16-2004, 03:37 AM
When were you born? I'm in 1985

heya
01-16-2004, 09:30 AM
I love the 80's. I've VH1 Classic channel.

Ma. Estefania
01-16-2004, 01:56 PM
I was born on 1987. :)

I love 80's songs too. Last week I saw some sort of special of Air Supply at a local channel, and it was :worship:

Gosjke
01-16-2004, 10:56 PM
Maroon 5 has a video out -This Love
I caught their performance on TRL. They should
be more popular...dammit

Somebody who knows Maroon 5.. wow. I have no idea, but they seem to be a bit more famous in the US. Here in Europe, they are totally not popular at all! I don't think they even released a single over here, they are gonna release Harder to Breathe this month. (I guess they did that a year ago or something in the US)
I like them, actually I like them a lot... :worship:

andylover_16
01-17-2004, 05:47 AM
Well here they are:
Indochine
Manu Chao so cool
Coldplay
Bryan Adams
REM
Jann Arden just discovered her
Dido
U2
Queen
Phil Collins
Enya
Fernando Delgadillo very nice voice
Josh Groban
Hooverphnic very cool
The Beatles nothing better than old stuff
Jewel
The Corrs

Coldplay, U2, Phil Collins, REM, and The Beatles..are great choices:bigwave:

heya
01-17-2004, 09:39 AM
Ma. Estefania - Today's music doesn't have the
sassy songs and dance beat that the 80's had, and the fashion & hairstyles
(like Simply Irresistable-Robert Palmer video) were funny & hot at the same time

Gosjke - Maroon 5
I thought I was in the minority too!
I was awed that MTV even invited them on, knowing the channel's bad reputation! :lol:
...maybe 'cuz they're groovy.
:woohoo:

andylover_16
01-18-2004, 01:51 AM
Ma. Estefania - Today's music doesn't have the
sassy songs and dance beat that the 80's had, and the fashion & hairstyles

obviously you havent heard of new wave:p:)..interpol, stellastarr, etc.

o yes, and the darkness look like they are straight out of the 80's metal:eek:...

and i dont think its that rare to have maroon 5 on MTV..its not like they are a rarity in the states or anything..rare on mtv=muse, the raveonettes, travis, the flaming lips, blur...thats MTV2:D..oh how much i love subteranian on MTV2..i watch it everytime i sleep at a friends house

heya
01-18-2004, 06:37 AM
Ya! I have MTV2. Now, that's a different story!
Travis and Blur were guests on Conan O'Brien's show not too long ago, I believe.
Maroon 5's videos are intense...my favorite kind. ;)

Gosjke
01-18-2004, 05:43 PM
Heya, you are so right about the Maroon 5 videos, they rule! :worship:

And Andylover, I like some of the music you mentioned, so I'm kinda sad we don't have MTV 2 over here in Europe (or maybe that's just this part of Europe ;) ). Maroon 5, btw, is a real rarity on MTV over here and on the local music channel (read: non of their videos were ever shown)... until 5 days ago they hadn't even released one single over here.

andylover_16
01-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Heya, you are so right about the Maroon 5 videos, they rule! :worship:

And Andylover, I like some of the music you mentioned, so I'm kinda sad we don't have MTV 2 over here in Europe (or maybe that's just this part of Europe ;) ). Maroon 5, btw, is a real rarity on MTV over here and on the local music channel (read: non of their videos were ever shown)... until 5 days ago they hadn't even released one single over here.

well dont feel to bad, i dont have it either:crying2:..but they play some great music...

andylover_16
01-18-2004, 10:48 PM
Ya! I have MTV2. Now, that's a different story!
Travis and Blur were guests on Conan O'Brien's show not too long ago, I believe.
Maroon 5's videos are intense...my favorite kind. ;)

thats because conan O' brien is a fucking genius:clap2::p

Kristen
02-25-2004, 02:41 PM
Muse - Time is Running Out
(http://www.lyricsondemand.com/m/muselyrics/timeisrunningoutlyrics.html) You guys will prob know the song. It just came out recently in Aus. The guy is so passionate!

I'm going to Placebo AGAIN in about three weeks! God bless them for coming back to me so soon! And as for David Bowie, whom I tend to adore, what an ASS for charging so much for his tickets! I'd rather see Placebo anyway! :rocker:

Lucie
02-25-2004, 04:56 PM
i love Time is running out, i heard a live version of that on the radio recently - it rocked ;)

i just bought franz ferdinand's album - it's rocks:)

joske
02-26-2004, 10:46 AM
my faves, in no particular order except for Tori Amos ;) :

TORI AMOS (yes, I am a homosexual :p ) - every little thing she does is magic :) the talent, the charisma.... what a woman :drool:
Feeder

Norah Jones, Laïs
Muse, Jewel (her old material, the new stuff is CRAP)
Alanis Morissette (same as Jewel), K's Choice
Fiona Apple (is she still alive?), Björk
Nelly Furtado, Sugababes
3 Doors Down, Enya (the old stuff again)
Anouk, Múm (friggin weird but wonderful)
Vertical Horizon, Des'ree
Sigur Rós (same as Múm), Elisa
Hooverphonic, No Doubt
Sarah McLachlan, Tiromancino (hardly understand Italian but LOVE their music hehe), Linkin Park
Nerina Pallot, Lauryn Hill (Fugees were good too)
Gabrielle, Goo Goo Dolls
Alicia Keys, Delerium (well, some of their songs really)
Counting Crows, Tracy Chapman (oh, the wisdom!)

and also any good movie soundtrack composer (Hans Zimmer, Howard Shore, John Williams, Michael Nyman, ...) I LOVE movie music.. :) and now I think I've about summed up every artist alive :lol:

Peta Pan
02-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Favourite band is a band no one here will know - The Shadows. They were a 60s instrumental band and also the backing band for Cliff Richard (who is also a favourite).

Also love more sixties bands like:
The Beatles
The Hollies
Manfred Mann
The Monkees
The Beach Boys
The Bee Gees

and eighties bands like:
Duran Duran
Human League
Spandau Ballet
Go West

More recent artists I like:
Mandy Moore
Enrique Iglesias
Take That
Robbie Williams
Eminem

Quite obviously the main bulk of my favourite music is of the pop genre... I like happy music - it makes you feel good (with the exception of Eminem)

:)Peta

Aurora
02-28-2004, 01:04 AM
Björk

Björk

Björk

oasis04
02-28-2004, 08:16 AM
U2, Coldplay, Travis, OASIS, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Evanescence, Dido, Manic Street Preachers, chilli peppers,

joeb_uk
04-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Ok here it goes :D A nice long selection! Still have to add more lol:

A Silver Mount Zion
Aes Dana
Aesop Rock
Algorithm
Alias
Amethystium
Amon Tobin
Aphex Twin
Asura
Atmosphere
Biosphere
Bjork
Boards Of Canada
Bob Marley
Bonobo
Boombip
Brahm
Brian Eno
Buck 65
Cannibal OX
Carbon Based Lifeforms
Caribou/Manitoba
Chris Clarke
Cinematic Orchestra
Clouddead
C-Rayz Walz
Cunninlynguists
Cyne
Daedelus
Deep Puddle Dynamics
Deskee
DJ Shadow
Dose One
Dosh
Ehren
Epic
Escape Artists
Explosions In The Sky
Fat Jon
Fermented Reptile
Four Tet
Fridge
Funki Porcini
Global Communication
Godspeed You Black Emperor
Herspace Holiday
Hymies Basement
Jel
Josh Martinez
Kieran Hebden
Lauren Hill
Lemon Jelly
Listener
Lulu Mushi
Manual & Syntaks
Massive Attack
Mice Parade
Mike Ladd
Minotaur Shock
Mitchell Akiyama
Mogwai
Mono
Mr Cooper
Mum
Nathan Fake
Non-Prophets
Orbital
Passage
Prefuse 73
Qwel
Rainstick Orchestra
Rashamon
Ratatat
Restiform Bodies
Roots Manuva
Sage Francis
Set Fire To Flames
Sigur Ros
Sixtoo
Sketch/Sketchie
Solar Fields
Sole
Sound Tribe Sector 9
Steve Reid
Susumu Yokota
The Album Leaf
The Six Parts Seven
Thesmselves
Tortoise
Uneven Dots
Villian Accelerate
Xela
Youth Pictures Of Florence Henderson

stebs
04-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Fave 5-10

Ocean Colour Scene - I just love this band so much. I love every song and every lyric, very uplifting music which has helped me through seriously hard times which I have had in my life.

Ben Kweller
Coldplay
Futureheads
The Who
The Beatles
Badly Drawn Boy
Johnny Cash
Bloc Party

revolution
04-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Fave 5-10

Ocean Colour Scene - I just love this band so much. I love every song and every lyric, very uplifting music which has helped me through seriously hard times which I have had in my life.

Ben Kweller
Coldplay
Futureheads
The Who
The Beatles
Badly Drawn Boy
Johnny Cash
Bloc Party

:yeah:

revolution
04-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Well, my faves have to be divided tbh..

Arctic Monkeys are my current fave. Sheffield-born alternative rock sound, and their Yorkie accents make the songs sound even better!

Also I like the following:

Futureheads
Bloc Party
Kaiser Chiefs
The Kooks
We Are Scientists
Maximo Park

I'm also in to chillout music. A lot of my early hours sessions on here are enjoyed with Air, Portishead or Massive Attack playing from my iTunes. I take my iPod on long distance travel and I usually play them then.

Beatles, the Who, The Clash, The Animals are great oldies.

stebs
04-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Arctic Monkeys are my current fave. Sheffield-born alternative rock sound, and their Yorkie accents make the songs sound even better!

It's so unfair. I'm sure Alex Turner isn't that great a singer but his accent makes him sound awesome. My fave bits from the album are the beggining of "certain romance" and the middle of "When the sun goes down" with the lyrics:-

"Though they might wear classic reeboks or knackered converse or trackie bottoms tucked in socks"

and

" Look here comes a Ford Mondeo, isn't he mister inconspicous"

Nathaliia
04-06-2006, 11:32 AM
nobody so brave to read the whole list anyway :)

Katatonia
Opeth
Children of Bodom
Apocayptica
Nightwish
69 Eyes
Metallica
Moonspell
Sepultura
Acid Drinkers

System of a Down
Guano Apes
Die Toten Hosen
Paradise Lost
Skunk Anansie
Soundgarden
Pearl Jam
HIM
Creed

Placebo
The White Stripes
The Killers
Radiohead
Franz Ferdinand
Muse
Starsailor
Garbage
Coldplay
Oasis
Alanis Morissette
Blur
Sigur Ros
Athlete
Live
The Libertines
The Dandy Warhols
Maroon 5
Myslovitz

The Roots
Black Eyed Peas
Eminem
Notorious BIG
NAS
Wu Tang Clan
Jay-Z
Dr DRE
The Fugees
Fun Lovin Criminals
Alicia Keys
Sistars

Ray Charles
James Brown
Jamie Foxx
Ella Fitzgerald
Miles Davis
Leszek Mozdzer
Matt Bianco
Tomasz Stanko Trio
Manu Chao

Fatboy Slim
Moloko
Massive Attack
The Streets
Mattafix
Faithless
Air
Hooverphonic

Langers
04-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Bands:

Coldplay
U2
Keane
Switchfoot
The Whitlams

Solo Artists:

Tracy Chapman
Phil Collins

Eléa
04-06-2006, 02:19 PM
I like your list Nathaliia :yeah:

This is mine:

Placebo :hug:
The Rasmus :inlove:
Negative
My chemical Romance
Him
Apocalyptica
69 eyes
Muse
Sugar Ray
Supergrass
Tryo (french band)

Eric Benet
Darren Hayes
Espen Lind

Midnight Express
04-06-2006, 04:49 PM
KORN

Monteque
04-07-2006, 03:46 PM
It should be in music disscussion but it's ok.
I like G&R especially Axl :devil: ....damn how can he sings with the crooked voice like that.
Phil Collins
Aerosmith
Sania Twain
Monty Python

andrew_uk
04-30-2006, 03:12 PM
Shelly Poole (ex Alisha's Attic)
Alisha's Attic
Coldplay
Shakespear's Sister
David Bowie
The Supremes