Numbering the picks (PAW Rules) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Numbering the picks (PAW Rules)

robuś
02-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Are you for or against obligatory numbering the picks in the PAW?
NOTICE: In case of the lack of the number, the pick will be invalid.

Just vote in the poll above. Voting closes Sunday February 12 at 12h00 CET.

Action Jackson
02-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Definitely for.

It only takes an extra 30 secs and the managers shouldn't have to go through all the picks, just to see who has or hasn't numbered them.

keep_er_lit!
02-05-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm definately for obligitory picks - it takes barely any extra effort on the part of the player, and I would imagine it makes the managers job so much easier. I reckon any picks that aren't numbered should be ignored, and not counted.

nitsansh
02-05-2006, 05:58 PM
What's the big deal???

-SaFiinsBabY-
02-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Why this question?

Please don't change that rule ...

It would be more work for the managers ... and I think managers have enough to do ... especially @ grand slams .... where more than 120 players are playing ... and numbering all the picks? Actually it's not much work for the players, because they just have to check how many picks they still got ... and the managers (like me) would have to count ALL picks of each player ...

please think about that ...

:wavey:

robuś
02-05-2006, 06:20 PM
What's the big deal???
This is only the poll, and what we are going to do with the results is only up to us.

NyGeL
02-05-2006, 07:45 PM
for... stupid poll xD

Cervantes
02-05-2006, 07:49 PM
This is only the poll, and what we are going to do with the results is only up to us.

I don't think we should do a poll for every tiny rule change in the PAW game. Only for major decisions should we ask the public for their opinion, not for these minor changes.

kfh_9118
02-06-2006, 01:13 AM
What's the big deal???

I second that

kfh_9118
02-06-2006, 01:20 AM
I don't think we should do a poll for every tiny rule change in the PAW game. Only for major decisions should we ask the public for their opinion, not for these minor changes.

exactly what I thought as well.

I voted don't care, for me, it doesn't matter if only few people forgot to number their PAWs, after all, regardless of what they wrote, I still need to put the entry in my excel spreadsheet, hence for me, doesn't really matter, as long as the managers keep track of how many picks have each players use.

Even though if they have put the number of the paw, it can still be wrong, some people rely on their total number of picks from the League Table, even though it might not be accurate, because some of their picks might still have not been played. Either way, we as the managers still need to check the accuracy of the numbers.

To be honest, the more rule we have in this game, the more inflexible this game will be, and it will attract less interest to continue playing.

In term of voting, it's probably better to discuss first with managers before doing the poll. If we can already reach solution from the managers, why do we need a poll? I thought we only need a poll if we can't decide between managers.

having say all of this, I :worship: robus for his dedication in this game :yeah:

robuś
02-06-2006, 08:27 PM
for me, it doesn't matter if only few people forgot to number their PAWs, after all, regardless of what they wrote, I still need to put the entry in my excel spreadsheet, hence for me, doesn't really matter, as long as the managers keep track of how many picks have each players use.

You might be suprised, but .... the same here.
I suppose my reaction was too spontaneous, I only wanted to know other players opinion, and made it a poll randomly. :angel:

+alonso
02-06-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm 100 % for!
:D
It shouldnt be so good to be renumbering the picks for the paw managers

Cervantes
02-07-2006, 01:52 PM
exactly what I thought as well.

I voted don't care, for me, it doesn't matter if only few people forgot to number their PAWs, after all, regardless of what they wrote, I still need to put the entry in my excel spreadsheet, hence for me, doesn't really matter, as long as the managers keep track of how many picks have each players use.

Even though if they have put the number of the paw, it can still be wrong, some people rely on their total number of picks from the League Table, even though it might not be accurate, because some of their picks might still have not been played. Either way, we as the managers still need to check the accuracy of the numbers.

To be honest, the more rule we have in this game, the more inflexible this game will be, and it will attract less interest to continue playing.

In term of voting, it's probably better to discuss first with managers before doing the poll. If we can already reach solution from the managers, why do we need a poll? I thought we only need a poll if we can't decide between managers.

having say all of this, I :worship: robus for his dedication in this game :yeah:

I couldn't have put it better myself :yeah:

Also agree 100% with the point 'bout keeping interest in the game at a maximum. Let's not force too many rules, let's keep it accessable for everyone.