The we love Tiger Tim Henman no matter how bad his back gets thread! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The we love Tiger Tim Henman no matter how bad his back gets thread!

Duncan
02-05-2006, 01:14 AM
It's kind of cheesy but after his performances this week full faith has been restored and i believe that if Tim can keep fit for a good fortnight this summer he can still be a threat at his home tournament!

Come on everyone, let's get right behind him and support him forever more! :worship:

*julie*
02-05-2006, 02:51 AM
Poor Tim :sad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/lili979/2006-02-04T155604Z_01_ZAG06D_RTRIDS.jpg

I wish him good luck for the coming tournaments (as long as he doesn't meet Richard a third time... ;) )

Duncan
02-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the pic! i didnt see the match i was away playing football but i heard how his back was and this kinda shows it clear. I really feel for him, pain in the lower back is something i suffer from too and it just never goes away :sad:

Lou_Lou_Ferrero
02-06-2006, 06:43 PM
bless him. i've followed his career right from the beginning (and, actually, since he accidently hit the ball girl with the ball....) and i think he's, er, ACE!

I hope he can recover quickly and get back out there...

ooh, i'm new here by the way...... hello! :wavey:

Duncan
02-07-2006, 12:24 AM
i remember when he hit the ball girl!!!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Get well Tim. :hug:

brit_ace_becca
02-20-2006, 07:28 PM
hi guys, what do you think are tim's chances against johansson in rotterdam tomorrow? will his back hold up??? i really hope so!

Duncan
02-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Hard to say, if he plays like he did in Zagreb then i think he will beat his opponent but his back is very suspect so we will have to wait and see

brit_ace_becca
02-21-2006, 11:42 AM
when is his match scheduled for?

brit_ace_becca
02-21-2006, 08:53 PM
tim's match vs. johansson is the first night match on centre court, there should be a live feed of it on http://www.abnamrowtt.nl/live/stream.html tomorrow!

angiel
04-04-2006, 10:17 PM
tim's match vs. johansson is the first night match on centre court, there should be a live feed of it on http://www.abnamrowtt.nl/live/stream.html tomorrow!

He says, no retirement for him, anytime soon. :wavey: :worship: :D :wavey:

angiel
04-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Henman keen to prolong his career

BBC.

British number three Tim Henman says he has no intention of retiring at the end of the season.

Henman has slipped to 63rd in the world rankings, leading to speculation he might quit at the end of the year.

But the 31-year-old told BBC Radio 4: "If I wasn't enjoying it and feeling I was able to compete, then certainly it would be time to assess things.

"But right now that certainly seems a long way off and there's no reason why I can't play a good few years yet."

But he ruled out making a return to Great Britain's Davis Cup squad if Andy Murray was forced out of the team to face Serbia and Montenegro because of illness.

Henman, who retired from the Davis Cup in January, said: "It's a crisis situation which doesn't include me. I'm not going to change my decision on the basis of someone else's health."

And he does not expect to make a comeback in the future, despite captain Jeremy Bates' efforts to persuade him to change his mind.

"He's always kept the door open for me and likewise I'd never say never. But I'd be very surprised if I play Davis Cup again," he added.

Henman was fifth in the world in April last year, but his ranking has tumbled following a frustrating 12 months.

He has been hampered by back and shoulder injuries and fallen behind Andy Murray and Greg Rusedski in the British standings.

"There's no doubt it's been a difficult 15 or 16 months and that's been probably dominated more by back problems than my results on the court," Henman said.

But he showed glimpses of his best form in beating Marat Safin and Lleyton Hewitt in consecutive matches at the Nasdaq-100 Open - before losing to German qualifier Simon Greul - and now feels his luck is turning.

"In the last couple of months I've really felt like I've begun to turn the corner," he added.

"I've felt healthy on the court and that puts a totally different slant on everything.

"When you can practise and train properly and actually enjoy what you're doing it's going to have a knock-on effect on performance."

The Briton was speaking before he launched the Ariel Mini Tennis for Schools programme, a nationwide initiative to make the sport more accessible to British children.

All primary schools in Britain have been given the chance to take part, with 100 of them then selected to participate in the scheme.

Tennis equipment and coaching will be made available from the Lawn Tennis Association, which is working alongside teachers to generate more interest among pupils.

Each participating primary school will be handed enough equipment - including nets, racquets, balls and bags - for 50 children to use in environments such as playgrounds, parks and gym halls.

Henman, an ambassador for the initiative, said: "Supporting tennis in schools at grass-roots level will help us to nurture and develop tennis talent in the children of Great Britain."