Weather in Houston [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Weather in Houston

Deboogle!.
11-09-2003, 12:40 AM
Well I gotta give the doubles guys mad props today, the weather was not nice here - cool (mid-60s), very humid (so a cold sticky breeze), and very overcast and dreary.

Luckily it's supposed to warm up for the next few days and so far clear skies *knocks on wood*

star
11-09-2003, 01:55 AM
I was watching that drop in the temps. Not so bad during the day, but those night matches are going to be quite chilly.

Deboogle!.
11-09-2003, 01:59 AM
I was out after dark and it was about the same, luckily... the thermometer in my car said 66º, but with the cold sticky breeze it felt cooler than that.

star
11-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Forecast:

Mon
Nov 10 Partly Cloudy 74°/64° 0 %
Tue
Nov 11 Mostly Cloudy 80°/63° 0 %
Wed
Nov 12 Mostly Cloudy 81°/61° 20 %
Thu
Nov 13 Cloudy 76°/57° 20 %
Fri
Nov 14 Partly Cloudy 76°/60° 20 %
Sat
Nov 15 Scattered T-Storms 77°/55° 50 %
Sun
Nov 16 Scattered Showers 73°/49° 40 %

croat123
11-09-2003, 02:57 PM
it would be funny if this got rained out :)

Deboogle!.
11-09-2003, 03:28 PM
I don't think it will - it's nice today and not supposed to rain as far as they've said on the weather.

star
11-09-2003, 04:21 PM
Everyone should realize that even on "sunny" days in Houston the sky is full of clouds. It can spit rain at any time on a cloudy day, but just because it is cloudy doesn't mean it is a rain day. Also sometimes it rains in central Houston, and there is no rain at all on the west side or vice versa. For a Houston forecast, this looks pretty good. :)

Deboogle!.
11-09-2003, 04:25 PM
LOL Amen to that. However, looking outside today the only clouds at the moment are very thin wispy (not what I would consider to be cloudy). And actually, this fall we've had some days where the weather is more like Arizona than Texas... it's been a wonderful fall, and we haven't had very many of those "random rain" days where it looks nice but then starts to rain for no good reason. *knocks on wood* for it to continue for another week.

star
11-09-2003, 04:47 PM
Yeah. Fall is nice in Houston.

And as for raining for no reason at all: I remember one beautiful morning with nary a cloud in the sky with a 10% chance of rain forecast, by 3pm the downtown buses were washing up waves on the sidewalk. Traffic was completely snarled. The medical center underground parking was underwater parking, the bus I was on couldn't get past the fountain just north of Rice because of all the drowned cars, nobody had electricity.... etc. I finally got home a 1 am. It was a great day. :)

Deboogle!.
11-09-2003, 05:21 PM
wow :eek:

Definitely sounds like Houston though!

Deboogle!.
11-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Well, today is an absolutely beautiful day in Houston. Humid as usual, but not TOO bad. Bright but partly cloudy and not too sunny, upper 70s

J. Corwin
11-10-2003, 06:22 PM
awesome

Deboogle!.
11-10-2003, 11:53 PM
well with evening came HUMIDITY... it's extremely sticky out there now (up to 94%!!!!!!!!!! from 71% earlier this afternoon) - hopefully Fed and Andre will be ok out there. No rain in sight though, thank goodness. It'll just be really oppressive for the poor guys.

star
11-11-2003, 12:14 AM
What's the temp?

Might not dip too low because of the humidity, but still.... ick. I have never been so cold as I have been in Houston and New Orleans. I used to sleep with an electric blanket in Houston, and I have never used it in Utah. :)

Deboogle!.
11-11-2003, 12:26 AM
it's mid-70s, it's still early enough in the fall so that it should be warm late enough at night to be ok for the night matches.

cold? here? really??

star
11-11-2003, 12:50 AM
brrrrrrr when it's 40 and wet, I die.

heya
11-11-2003, 01:13 AM
It's cold in the west coast! I'm jealous of Houston! LOL

Deboogle!.
11-12-2003, 01:05 PM
Well looks like today (Wednesday) will be about the same as yesterday (hot and sticky)

The good news however is that the initial rain that they were showing for the end of the week looks like it's back til at least Sunday

*fingers crossed*

jmp
11-12-2003, 01:32 PM
Good Morning from Houston!!

The weather this week is a bear!!! The first few days were weird chilly. Yesterday was typical HOT and today looks like the same. The local channels are showing question marks for the evening because tomorrow will be COLD! Yuck!!

Through it all, I am happily exhausted! :) The tennis is awesome! :) :)

star
11-12-2003, 01:33 PM
JMP!!!!!!

Can't wait for your reports!

It's supposed to get chilly tomorow again.

jmp
11-12-2003, 01:44 PM
Hi star!! :wavey:

I'm going to make my first attempt at a report thread now! :)

Deboogle!.
11-12-2003, 02:01 PM
Good Morning from Houston!!

The weather this week is a bear!!! The first few days were weird chilly. Yesterday was typical HOT and today looks like the same. The local channels are showing question marks for the evening because tomorrow will be COLD! Yuck!!

Through it all, I am happily exhausted! :) The tennis is awesome! :) :)

Have you ever been here before? This week with the ups and downs is actually scaringly normal

jmp
11-12-2003, 04:18 PM
Hi bunk18bsb!! :wavey:

I hope you're having fun at the tournament. I'm glad you'll be giving your point of view on the happenings in addition to mine. That's what this board is all about.

Most of the board members already know this, but, I started having trouble with this site a little over a month ago. It comes and goes. I thought everything was fine until I got ready to file my first report this morning and the troubles came back. :sad: It's taken me this long to get back in the system and now it's time to get ready to leave.

To answer your question, I've been coming to Houston continuously for the last 10 years. Why? Because my sister-in-law has babies the way you and I breathe! :eek: Of course, these babies need showers, birthdays, etc. and there are family BBQs and what have you. I also came here every weekend for about three months in the fall one year for seminars. The weather was NEVER this irratic!

I usually try to check my spelling and grammar. But, this is a rush job. I'll try to get my report in tonight!

Bye, all!

Deboogle!.
11-12-2003, 04:31 PM
oh no.... I'm not going to any of the matches :( I just live here lol. No money+no time = no tournament :bigcry::bigcry:

That's funny you haven't noticed the erratic weather before. I'm here for school so this is only my fourth (and LAST) year in Houston, but I remember weird weather like this every November. Then it levels off and is more consistently colder after Thanksgiving or so. I remember one year going home for Turkey day and needing a jacket and one year going home carrying the jacket and wearing a t-shirt. So it's definitely unpredictable this time of year.

A cold front is coming in tonight supposedly and the next couple days will only hit the 60s... eek, the night matches won't be too fun. Hopefully the rain they're currently predicting for Sunday will hold off!!!!!

jmp
11-13-2003, 01:18 PM
Well this is shaping up to be a wild weather day in Houston. I thought the cold front would come through last night. But, apparently, the temperature will drop steadily through the day and get in the 50s tonight. Brrrr is the word! :eek: It's 70 degrees right now. I'm going the long sleeve t-shirt route and taking a jacket with mittens and a sweat shirt. I hope I'm prepared!

Deboogle!.
11-13-2003, 01:24 PM
LOL Yep.... that's Houston! I just went outside to see how I should dress for the day and it's QUITE breezy even though the temp's around 70. With any luck the clouds will dissipate and get a little brighter and it'll stay around this temp... but that seems dubious.