Pam Want to Talk Chicken, but KFC wont bite! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Pam Want to Talk Chicken, but KFC wont bite!

andylover_16
11-08-2003, 05:52 PM
What red-blooded man would turn down a chance to meet with uber-babe Pam Anderson? The same guy who has been refusing to meet with rap mogul Russell Simmons. And that would be David Novak, the head of KFC, who sources say has repeatedly refused to meet with either of the two to discuss what they say is the chicken chain’s inhumane treatment of its birds.

“Pam Anderson has been trying to meet with Novak because she cares passionately about the well-being of chickens,” says a source. “Pam objects to things like how KFC scalds live chickens to de-feather them, but Novak won’t even take her calls.” Now, Anderson, an active member of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, will call for a boycott of KFC on her weekly radio show.
And, the insider says, after some initial conversations with Russell, Novak is refusing to meet with Simmons. When called for comment about Anderson and Simmons, KFC issued its prepared statement that it uses “only the highest quality ingredients” and declined further comment.
Because of the stalemate, says the source, PETA is stepping up its war with KFC. “If they won’t meet with us, we’re taking our case to the children.” The source says that PETA will start handing out what they’re calling “Buckets of Blood” in front KFC outlets across the country. “They’ll look like KFC’s buckets of chicken, and will contain things like mutilated, gory chickens,” says the source. “We gave kids ‘Unhappy Meals’ at McDonald’s and Burger King crowns with animals impaled on the points when they wouldn’t meet with us. After those kids started screaming, both McDonald’s and Burger King got reasonable.”

here is the article if you want to see it yourself http://www.msnbc.com/news/970615.asp?cp1=1

this is an interesting article..just thought some might want to read it....what do you think?...

CanadianBoy18
11-14-2003, 04:06 AM
PETA is hard to deny, they'll go to great distances to get their point across.

Kristen
11-14-2003, 04:24 AM
Pamela's great for Animal lib... like with PETA's anti-fur campaigns. Only problem is, people might just pay attention to her because she's naked behind a big sign/banner saying 'no fur'...

But, the girl's doing good things for the industry! (I'm studying conservation at uni and will end in a career in Animal Welfare, yay!) Over here in australia, Animal welfarist groups even get together outside KFC's in the city to hand out leaflets telling customers about the treatment of the chickens. I'm a vegetarian, but I do remember how good chicken tastes, so it'll be hard to convince them of the cruelty.

My parents both eat meat, they're the kind that will eat it because it tastes good, but they prefer to be ignorant of the suffering these animals go through. It's sad. They're tasty...but its sad.

andylover_16
11-14-2003, 03:51 PM
Pamela's great for Animal lib... like with PETA's anti-fur campaigns. Only problem is, people might just pay attention to her because she's naked behind a big sign/banner saying 'no fur'...

But, the girl's doing good things for the industry! (I'm studying conservation at uni and will end in a career in Animal Welfare, yay!) Over here in australia, Animal welfarist groups even get together outside KFC's in the city to hand out leaflets telling customers about the treatment of the chickens. I'm a vegetarian, but I do remember how good chicken tastes, so it'll be hard to convince them of the cruelty.

My parents both eat meat, they're the kind that will eat it because it tastes good, but they prefer to be ignorant of the suffering these animals go through. It's sad. They're tasty...but its sad.

yes, i understand exactly what you are saying:)...but meat is very good:lick:..though i could live without it..as long as i still have my internet and music:clap2:

Kristen
11-17-2003, 01:40 PM
yes, i understand exactly what you are saying:)...but meat is very good:lick:..though i could live without it..as long as i still have my internet and music:clap2:

mmm yes ! Chicken is so good! I work in hospitality part time, til I get into IFAW ;) and the chefs always make this fantastic smelling chicken. Its tempting! But I cant do it anymore. I'd be sick. Luckily to combat this wonderful smelling food, they also have chicken drumstick stuff which looks so bad. Before I went fully veg I just avoided things without bones. Bones are gross. lol! *damn you Bruno! You nearly converted me back!!*

andylover_16
11-17-2003, 04:20 PM
mmm yes ! Chicken is so good! I work in hospitality part time, til I get into IFAW ;) and the chefs always make this fantastic smelling chicken. Its tempting! But I cant do it anymore. I'd be sick. Luckily to combat this wonderful smelling food, they also have chicken drumstick stuff which looks so bad. Before I went fully veg I just avoided things without bones. Bones are gross. lol! *damn you Bruno! You nearly converted me back!!*

:lol:..your too funny..i think i could be a vegetarian..i believe i would feel healthier:)...but my mom wont go for it..guess i have to wait until i get older to make decisions like that..until then..ill be eating chicken and hamburgers every night:p...i dont like hamburgers to tell you the truth:spit: