Good effort anyway, Andy. FIND YOUR CONFIDENCE SOON! (SAP Open thread) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Good effort anyway, Andy. FIND YOUR CONFIDENCE SOON! (SAP Open thread)

Pages : [1] 2 3

tangerine_dream
01-25-2006, 04:12 PM
OK, I'm done bitching about Andy's crapout at the AO. Moving on to greener pastures now. The SAP Open starts soon, yay! :banana:

Wishing Andy good luck in defending his title for a record third year in a row.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/roddickwatch/sapopen.jpg

http://www.sapopentennis.com/

http://i1.tinypic.com/mkabdh.gifhttp://i1.tinypic.com/mkab9d.gif

tangerine_dream
01-25-2006, 04:19 PM
FYI, Lleyton Hewitt will be attending San Jose this year. Nyah! :devil:

Hewitt vs. Roddick Has The Makings Of A Classic Rivalry
January 3, 2006
by Matthew Cronin

Heated rivalries in the deep world of menís tennis are hard to come by, but the 2006 SAP Openís two highest ranked players Ė former champions Andy Roddick and Lleyton Hewitt Ė are developing a fierce one.

"The last three or four times we've played, we've both been at the top of the game and we've had some extremely tight matches,Ē said Hewitt. "He's a tough player to play any time."

Hewitt owns a 6-2 lifetime edge over Roddick but almost all of their matches have been tight, well played affairs, including their first primetime match up in New York, a 6-7, 6-3, 6-4, 3-6, 6-4 victory for the Australian at the 2001 US Open.

Since then, the two have gone neck and neck with Roddick attempting to impose his big serve, big forehand game against Hewittís precise counterpunching. Both blondes are intense, animated players and in a normal Hewitt-Roddick match up, two-dozen fist pumps arenít unusual.

In 2005, they played three terrific semifinals, with Hewitt snaring a 3-6, 7-6, 7-6, 6-1 decision from Roddick in the Australian Open, and a 7-6, 6-7, 7-6 victory at the Pacific Life Open. Roddick then took a 6-4, 7-6 decision at TMS Cincinnati. Amazingly, six of the eight sets they played went to tiebreakers.

"We've had a lot of close matches and I haven't come out on the better end of them, which is, a little rare for me,Ē Roddick said. "But I want to get another crack at these guys. The only way that I'm gonna beat them is by playing them and putting myself in position enough times. It's the same thing with Roger [Federer]. They asked after Wimbledon, 'Would you want to play him again?' I said, 'I'll play him until I'm 1-31 against him.' I still want the opportunity. I want to go in there."

Roddick ended 2005 ranked No. 3 and Hewitt was right behind him at No. 4. Their contests certainly have been nail biters - but headed into the SAP Open, itís clear that Hewitt has been a bit more mentally tougher, something Roddick would like to change.

"Lleyton's tough," Roddick said. "He's up there. I think once you get to that level of mental toughness, it's tough to decipher [whoís the mentally toughest]. But, he's definitely up there, no question."

Two-time Grand Slam champion Hewitt has made a living out of gutting out matches. In the past five years, only one man has eclipsed him physically, technically and mentally and thatís Federer, who has lapped the field. The 23-year-old Roddick has consistently pushed the 24-year-old Hewitt, but as the American has improved, so has the Aussie, who knows that he has to bring something new to the table every year if heís going to stay in the top five.

Last year, Hewitt improved his forehand, which made it even tougher on Roddick to find a hole.

"He hits it great selectively," Roddick said. "The thing is, he's learned how to hit it in all corners, whereas before he definitely had his tendency in the one that he went to a lot. The same with the serve. He's mixing it up a lot more, keeping people off balance. I feel like a lot of people kind of caught up to him and maybe passed him. Now he's closed the gap and figured out new ways to win."

Hewitt knows that when he faces Roddick he has to do what he does best Ė return serve. With the worldís fastest first serve and a huge kick second serve, Roddick is nearly unbreakable, so the Aussie has to be patient and hope his foe has a down service game.

"Andy has one of the biggest - if not the biggest out there," Hewitt said. "But you go out there with the mindset that he's going to hit a lot of aces, he's going to hit a lot of unreturnable serves, and you got to really focus on your game and take your opportunities when they come because against guys like that you're not going to get as many opportunities as maybe playing some other top stars or players out there. So you really got to take your chances."

For Roddick, the main challenge is beating Hewitt is not to try to overly aggressive, but also not to get into two many backhand crosscourt rallies where Hewitt simply tires him out. Controlled aggression against Hewitt is key and Roddick is still attempting to figure out what his proper patterns are.

"He makes you think about how to construct points, how to win points, and he makes you win points," Roddick said. "I don't know if I've ever seen anybody wear Lleyton down physically, especially in a two out of three set match. But I think force of a shot, I have to use that against him because that's one advantage I do have over him. If you're talking about a long grind of a match, I don't see that affecting him. He'll stay out there for days. But if you're talking about weight of shot, height of shot, I definitely have to try to bully him a little bit."

Part of Roddickís attempts to bully Hewitt involve more net approaches Ė not usually off his serve, but coming off short balls. Hewitt passes beautifully but he can be handcuffed with the right approach shots. When Roddick bested Hewitt in Cincinnati, he climbed all over the cords at key moments.

Should the two face each other in the 2006 SAP Open final, Roddick will again have to intelligently press the action, or he may end up looking up at a 2-7 record against his gritty foe.

"There's guys who are consistent, but then there's guys who are consistent when running across the court as fast as they can, tracking down a ball that you've hit as hard as you can, putting it back in play in an effective position," Roddick said. "As far as people rallying cross-court, there are a lot of guys who can do it all day, but they're not as quick as Lleyton and they don't play defense like he does."

http://www.tennis.info/images/Houston4/01Sat/HewittRoddick9649.jpg
"I told you to stop making me giggle when our picture's being taken."

Winston's Human
01-25-2006, 04:22 PM
The question is "Will Andy know the winning way in San Jose?"

Deboogle!.
01-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Tangy, don't forget DC is first:p. Don't worry, the five of us are gonna stage an intervention there so he'll be fine for San Jose :haha: :lol: :rolls: :devil:

acoffeygirl
01-25-2006, 04:37 PM
You better believe we are. My friend that went to DC with me last year said that she would have bail money should we...uh....get into a little trouble staging our intervention! :lol:

Deboogle!.
01-25-2006, 04:38 PM
How about a poster that says "Hey Andy, time for a sports shrink!"

:p

acoffeygirl
01-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Ohhhh...I like that! :)

blosson
01-25-2006, 05:15 PM

Do it. However it can disctract him and with his little current confidence/ sensitivity he might lose to Hanescu. So maybe not.

blosson
01-25-2006, 05:18 PM
FYI, Lleyton Hewitt will be attending San Jose this year. Nyah! :devil:

Cool. Two players who need to prove they are not finished yet. It should be a great showdown.

warmy
01-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Cool. Two players who need to prove they are not finished yet. It should be a great showdown.

That is, assuming Donald Young doesn't knock Andy out first round to record his first tour victory. :o

partygirl
01-25-2006, 06:08 PM
does'nt he have to beat blake first?

i want color here in san jo andy and im not talkin' darks either ;)

tangerine_dream
01-25-2006, 06:11 PM

Yes! Don't forget your posters. :p

warmy
01-25-2006, 06:46 PM
does'nt he have to beat blake first?

i want color here in san jo andy and im not talkin' darks either ;)

Probably. I just a had a nightmare last night about going to Wimbledon watching Donald Young def. Andy Roddick 7-6, 7-6, 7-5 in the first round. It wasn't a pleasent dream. :sobbing:

Fee
01-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Donald Young hasn't won a match at a Futures event yet this year, so don't worry about him beating Andy yet.

Good news: I'll be at San Jose everyday
Bad news: I won't have a laptop there (my husband swears he needs it that week).
I will try to get to Kinko's or someplace in the mornings before my shift and let you know if I have spoken to him or anything important like that. Other than that, Deb can call my cell or text me or something. :)

Carito_90
01-25-2006, 08:16 PM
YAY for the thread Tangy! :hug:

I can only hope what everybody here hopes for...

surfpinky
01-25-2006, 08:38 PM
:banana:

acoffeygirl
01-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Bad news: I won't have a laptop there (my husband swears he needs it that week).
I will try to get to Kinko's or someplace in the mornings before my shift and let you know if I have spoken to him or anything important like that. Other than that, Deb can call my cell or text me or something. :)

Sweet...someone on the inside! :p

heya
01-25-2006, 10:13 PM
"You don't see long careers now. You don't see Jimmy Connors longevity.
Rosewall had the musculature & mechanics to last many years, " says Bill Norris. -ATPTennisShow

cobalt60
01-25-2006, 10:33 PM
Donald Young hasn't won a match at a Futures event yet this year, so don't worry about him beating Andy yet.

Cool Mata Fee-ri.

guida
01-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Cool Mata Fee-ri.

lol, Fee's gonna be our undercover gal. Let him have it the moment he derails, Fee. :p

nkhera1
01-25-2006, 11:33 PM

Yeah at least the good thing with Roddick is that he usually doesn't lose to players ranked over the top 60 even on clay.

superpinkone37
01-25-2006, 11:50 PM
:)

blosson
01-26-2006, 07:45 AM
Yeah at least the good thing with Roddick is that he usually doesn't lose to players ranked over the top 60 even on clay.

:haha:

Noelle
01-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Yay for the intervention! :banana:

Tytta!.
01-26-2006, 10:58 AM
hi everyone :hug:
felt like visiting you all :D hope everything's okay with you and i really hope Andy moves on...

:hug:

Noelle
01-26-2006, 12:19 PM
RENATA!!!!!!

Tytta!.
01-26-2006, 01:13 PM
NOELLE!!!!!!!!!!

:kiss:

blosson
01-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Renata! Where have you been? Aren't you an Andy fan anymore?

Deboogle!.
01-26-2006, 02:13 PM
RENATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's still a fan, bloss :)

surfpinky
01-26-2006, 02:58 PM
RENATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!moo

Tytta!.
01-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Renata! Where have you been? Aren't you an Andy fan anymore?

As Deb said... Yes I'm still a fan ;)

DEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss:
NAT!!!!!!!!!! :kiss:

tangerine_dream
01-26-2006, 03:32 PM
{{{ Renatta! }}} :hug: :hug: :hug:

Tytta!.
01-26-2006, 03:36 PM
TANGY!!!!! :hug: :kiss:

Golfnduck
01-26-2006, 07:09 PM
FILHA TYTTA!!!! :hug: :hug:

acoffeygirl
01-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Hey Renata...You've been missed! :hug:

J. Corwin
01-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Hey renatarer! :hug:

warmy
01-26-2006, 07:52 PM
CASSIE!!! :hug:

... :tape:

Deboogle!.
01-26-2006, 07:53 PM
CASSIE!!! :hug:

... :tape::scratch: :confused: :hug:

warmy
01-26-2006, 07:56 PM
:o..................................... I needed a self-hug. :ras:

tangerine_dream
01-26-2006, 08:55 PM
{{{ CASSIE!!! }}} :hug: :hug: :hug:

surfpinky
01-26-2006, 08:59 PM
cassie!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: hee

Tytta!.
01-26-2006, 09:06 PM
MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: :hug:
Amber!!!!!!!!! :hug:
Jace!!!!! :hug:
Cassie!!!! :hug: :hug:

blosson
01-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Where have you been Renata?

Tytta!.
01-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Anywhere special, Blosson... Just wasn't coming in here... :o

guida
01-26-2006, 10:53 PM
omg, I'm so late! RÍÍÍÍ!!!!! Glad to see you're alive, girl! :hug: :hug: :hug:

(Tudo bem contigo? ;) )

Tytta!.
01-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Oi Guida :hug: Tudo ůtimo! :D E contigo? :kiss:

PinkFeatherBoa
01-27-2006, 02:00 PM
RENATA! :hug:

tangerine_dream
02-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Two-time champ Roddick is top seed at SAP Open

By Darren Sabedra
Mercury News
2/11/06

Andy Roddick's road to a third consecutive SAP Open title will start Tuesday at HP Pavilion against Spain's Guillermo Garcia-Lopez.

Andre Agassi's path to an unprecedented sixth Bay Area title will start Monday against wild card Scoville Jenkins, a 19-year-old from Atlanta who couldn't stop smiling Friday after learning of the matchup.

"It's nothing but a great opportunity,'' Jenkins said. "I'm playing one of the greats of the game.''

Roddick is the tournament's top seed, followed by Agassi, Lleyton Hewitt, Tommy Robredo and James Blake.

The doubles draw will feature John McEnroe, who hasn't played an ATP tour event since 1994. He turns 47 on Thursday.

Jenkins is one of three wild cards in the 32-player singles field, joining 1999 and 2000 San Jose champion Mark Philippoussis and Mardy Fish.

Jenkins won his first pro tournament three weeks ago and is the youngest American ranked in the top 250. He is 247, up from 744 last year, and is no stranger to playing top competition. Last year, Jenkins lost to world No. 2 Rafael Nadal in the second round of the U.S. Open. Two years ago at the Open, Roddick beat Jenkins in the first round.

"That'll help me a ton,'' Jenkins said. "It was a great opportunity then, but now I know what to expect.''

Agassi, 35, missed the Australian Open last month because of an ankle injury but returned last week, losing in straight sets to Garcia-Lopez in the quarterfinals of the International Tennis Championships in Delray Beach, Fla.

"I haven't gotten my game together,'' Agassi told reporters afterward. "It will take matches and time to work that out.''

Roddick is coming off a second consecutive poor showing at a Grand Slam, losing to eventual finalist Marcus Baghdatis in the fourth round of the Australian Open.

"I don't know if it's as easy just to shrug off,'' Roddick told the New York Times. "It's disappointing when you feel like you've put in the work. There are no unanswered questions in my eyes as far as preparation. So you're kind of left searching a little bit.''

Roddick did more than search. He fired Coach Dean Goldfine this week and replaced him with brother John Roddick. Goldfine had taken over from Brad Gilbert, who guided Roddick to his only Grand Slam title (2003 U.S. Open).

"That's the story right now on the men's side, Andy Roddick finding his way,'' said Luke Jensen, an ESPN analyst who is in the doubles field at the SAP Open.

Roddick wasn't the only American who struggled in Australia. Blake, who made a triumphant comeback last year from injury, illness and the death of his father, didn't get past the third round at the Open but was encouraged that he won a tournament in Sydney a week earlier.

"I definitely would have liked to have done better in the Australian Open,'' said Blake, who will play Tuesday against Yeu-Tzuoo Wang. "But it was great to play as well as I did in Sydney. I feel like I am all the way back, but I feel like I can keep improving.''

Hewitt, playing in San Jose for the first time since he won the tournament in 2002, opens against former Stanford star Paul Goldstein.

SAP singles draw attached below. Andy's first round opponent will be Garcia-Lopez (who had just beaten Agassi at Delray Beach).

Even more intriguing: Mardy Fish takes on Andy Murray in the opening round. :eek:

williaer
02-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Thanks Tangy!!
Wow, a possible 2nd round match for James and Mardy (that is if he beats Murray)!!
Looks like it's gonna be a very exciting tournament. Andy better play well :p

partygirl
02-12-2006, 12:03 AM
thanks to one ms. Fee

i get to go to andy & james matches on tues.
i just had to say that again.:hug:http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/dance005.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/dance004.gif

williaer
02-12-2006, 12:12 AM
thanks to one ms. Fee

i get to go to andy & james matches on tues.
i just had to say that again.:hug:http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/dance005.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/dance004.gif
Andy and James match on Tuesday? :confused:

heya
02-12-2006, 12:15 AM
JROD should tell him what match preparation and prioirities are.

Andy's too conservative and self-righteous.

partygirl
02-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Andy and James match on Tuesday? :confused:
their respective matches...not against eachother :o

williaer
02-12-2006, 12:25 AM
their respective matches...not against eachother :o
Oh ok, awesome!!!! :D

Fee
02-12-2006, 01:03 AM
You're welcome. Fingers crossed Andy shows up, fired up to defend his title.

tangerine_dream
02-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Same old, same old.....I disagree wholeheartedly that Andy's legacy is "tarnished"? By what exactly? Because he's not playing to his potential? It's not like he quit with stomach cramps during a major final. This guy is grasping at straws, trying to make Andy's current predicament more dire than it really is. :rolleyes:

SAP OPEN
What's wrong with RODDICK?
Dubious strategy, coach changes have sunk him in majors

by Bruce Jenkins
SF Chronicle
February 12, 2006

It's a long road back to Wimbledon for Andy Roddick. He sees things clearly at the All England Club, knowing that only Roger Federer is his superior, and there's no disgrace in that. The rest of the tour has found him slipping into cracks generally reserved for the mediocre. If he continues his recent slide, the Wimbledon seedings might reflect a once-mercurial player in decline.

The road will take Roddick through the French Open, where he will undoubtedly take an incomprehensible loss, and the rest of a clay-court circuit that generally confounds American players. It will also take him through San Jose, site of the SAP Open beginning Monday at HP Pavilion, and that will be the perfect setting to take stock of his affairs.

When he last passed through San Jose, a year ago, Roddick was winning the tournament for the second straight time. Although Federer wasn't there, the rest of the field seemed well removed from his league. Roddick looked very much like the player who stormed through the 2003 U.S. Open and represented such glowing hopes for U.S. tennis.

Since then -- and to hear some tell it, since Roddick broke ties with his Marin-based coach, Brad Gilbert -- Roddick has taken a desultory path through the majors. He lost in consecutive years to Joachim Johansson and Gilles Muller at the U.S. Open. He fell to Jose Acasuso at last year's French. The dawning of '06 brought a stunning loss to Marcos Baghdatis at the Australian Open, and while Baghdatis was no fluke, blasting his way to the final against Federer, Roddick was pegged to handle the world's 54th-ranked player.

People cut Roddick a ton of slack in recent months, always calling up those fond championship memories at Arthur Ashe Stadium, but now bring a flood of evidence that Roddick's strategy is weak and ill-founded. He struck volleys maybe three times a year during his blast-away teens, and while he finally realized that he has the wingspan and athletic ability to do damage at the net, he's paying the price for all those years of baseline monotony.

Traditionally, Roddick was able to destroy players with his inside-out forehand, one of the most punishing shots in tennis. Baghdatis, a marvel of anticipation and panache, consistently returned them with bullet backhand winners down the line. After witnessing that, and other errors of judgment, former tour star Mats Wilander observed that Roddick "didn't coach himself very well in this match" and said he had gone from a "great" player to "totally ordinary."

Roddick's one-year experiment with coach Dean Goldfine was a complete bust. In a move that smacked of desperation, Roddick replaced Goldfine this week with his own brother, John Roddick, a former collegiate All-American who had been training with junior players. While Federer continues to dominate (and cultivate his image, hiring the massive IMG agency to draw endorsements after years of quaint dependence on a four-person management team), Roddick is fast approaching a crossroads. He'll have tough competition in San Jose, including Andre Agassi, Lleyton Hewitt and James Blake, but another spirited run would do wonders for his confidence.

We won't be seeing the women's side of tennis at the SAP, but a few updates might help summon the tennis mood. Martina Hingis, for instance, is making one of sports' most fascinating comebacks in recent years.

Since virtually everyone in the women's game seems to be hurt, sick, depressed or out of shape, Hingis' story might require an asterisk or two. There was a telling moment, however, in Tokyo last weekend. Maria Sharapova, playing Hingis for the first time, found herself run off the court in little more than an hour, 6-3, 6-1.

Whether Hingis is playing at a major-title level remains to be seen (she was routed by Elena Dementieva in the Tokyo final), but here's the point: Sharapova just hasn't seen that type of opponent, nor has anyone else on the tour in recent years. Hingis is a thinker, a purveyor of angles and percentages. It's not in her mind-set to simply crush every ball. At the time of her retirement, she felt humbled and embarrassed by the surge of power in women's tennis, particularly as delivered by Venus and Serena Williams. Things are different now. The Williamses are highly vulnerable; dozens of players can match their pace, and Hingis showed plenty of power in her Australian Open exchanges with U.S. Open champ Kim Clijsters. Nobody out there scares Hingis, and it's a marvelous development to see her back in the mix.

Sadly, the Williamses are becoming a bit of a joke in the catty world of tour gossip. Until they get themselves healthy and dedicated, they will be viewed as vulnerable and eminently beatable. Never underestimate their will; just recall what it took to get them from a Southern California ghetto to the Grand Slam winner's circle, time after time. It's just that they have become touched by comfort and celebrity. Why not open a fashion-design business, if you're Venus? Why not accept an acting role in Hollywood, if you're Serena? In terms of worldliness, humor and style, they're miles ahead of everyone else on tour.

But how much does that matter to Nicole Vaidisova or Francesca Schiavone, to say nothing of such luminaries as Clijsters and Amelie Mauresmo, who just captured her first major at the Australian? Serena was so out of shape in Melbourne, huffing and puffing her way through the few matches she played, observers said it was almost embarrassing to watch. Serena hasn't been completely healthy since her knee surgery, and her mini-careers simply leave no time for diligent practice. Just how is she supposed to get back in form?

The nicest moment at the Australian was the sight of Mauresmo, so often the tormented loser, holding up the trophy. "I have a special bottle of wine I kept for my first Grand Slam title," she said. "It's at home waiting for me very quietly in the dark at the right temperature."

It was a tarnished victory, Mauresmo having benefited from the mid-match retirements of Michaella Krajicek, Clijsters and Justine Henin-Hardenne , but the moment seemed spectacularly appropriate. If only Henin-Hardenne had been received so warmly.

Through the years, we've known Henin-Hardenne as an on-court scrapper and a person willing to fight through pain, whether it was her epic semifinal against Jennifer Capriati at the 2003 U.S. Open or her comeback from injuries and a lengthy viral infection. Suddenly, right there in the second set of the final against Mauresmo, she was quitting. At a time when nothing appeared to be seriously wrong, Henin-Hardenne (losing 1-6, 0-2) walked to the net and told Mauresmo she could not continue.

Later, explaining that she was experiencing intense stomach pain and tired legs, Henin-Hardenne made her biggest mistake. "I wanted to try," she said at her news conference. "When you see it's not working, it's the only way to go out. There's no reason to keep playing."

What? There were countless reasons. For one thing, the long-starved Mauresmo deserved the distinction of walking to the net and waving to the crowd with a complete triumph in hand. For another, Mauresmo might have experienced one of her mental walkabouts and given the match away. More than anything, though, elite tennis players don't give up so easily.

Calling the withdrawal "unprofessional," the venerable Bud Collins wrote in the Boston Globe, "She walked out -- quit! -- on the two legs that had been pumping furiously only minutes before ... leaving a bad taste and a blot on the game."

Former tour player Pam Shriver, generally sympathetic to the players' side, wrote on ESPN.com, "A major final is sacred. Short of any type of major injury, you keep going. To see her call it was stunning to me. My respect level disintegrated, especially when I heard her rationale. Maybe in two months we'll know something more. But for the moment, I think Henin's reputation is tarnished forever."

Andy Roddick can relate to that, although he'd prefer that you eliminate the "forever." His road starts in San Jose, and there will be many obstacles along the way.

partygirl
02-12-2006, 06:33 PM
F- that.
...i also resent this guy calling venus "current wimbledon champ" a bit of a joke?!?
im excising that article from my brain. :rolleyes: :cool:

heya
02-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Do we need to care about Bruce WHO the "writer"?

Noelle
02-13-2006, 01:33 AM
:banana: :rocker2: :banana:

Golfnduck
02-13-2006, 04:26 PM
The reporters keep jumping on Andy's back. They are way to hard on him. I hope Andy wins San Jose and shuts up the critics.

Deboogle!.
02-13-2006, 04:32 PM
According to Ms. Fee, who is on the scene in San Jose, Andy and company arrived with James and company and Pavel and company on a private jet last night around 8:30. so that's good news, he should be ok. Karlovic in the QF would be the tough match til the final I think, assuming he can get past the very inconsistent Garcia-Lopez (and really, it's a pretty quick indoor court which should really favor Andy......). Then again, Karlovic was apparently injured and didn't play Davis Cup so who knows. I'd imagine Andy will be basically 100% physically by tomorrow night, though :) He looked ok at DC and after he won, he had a lot of energy so that's good :)

surfpinky
02-13-2006, 04:43 PM
thanks deb [:
and thanks fee [:

Deboogle!.
02-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Fee said she would call me throughout the week if there's anything I/we need to know :lol:

surfpinky
02-13-2006, 04:44 PM
:yeah:
lol

acoffeygirl
02-13-2006, 04:48 PM
I like this on site reporting stuff! ;)

acoffeygirl
02-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Agassi withdrew! :eek:

surfpinky
02-13-2006, 04:52 PM
:eek: he did?! have they said why?!

Deboogle!.
02-13-2006, 04:53 PM
"lower back strain"

http://www.sapopentennis.com/news/news.asp?story_id=154

acoffeygirl
02-13-2006, 04:54 PM
From the SAP Open site:
Second-seeded and five-time SAP Open champion Andre Agassi withdrew from the SAP Open tennis tournament Sunday night with a lower back strain.

Agassi informed tournament director Bill Rapp of his withdrawal this evening after working out at HP Pavilion earlier in the day. During practice, Agassi experienced severe pain in his lower back and down his legs.

Agassi, who was scheduled to play wildcard American teenager Scoville Jenkins in a first round match-up on Monday night at 7 p.m., will be replaced in the main draw by a Lucky Loser Ė the highest ranked player who lost in the final round of qualifying.

blosson
02-13-2006, 05:35 PM
oh no.

tangerine_dream
02-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Andre :sobbing:

Chaos Inc.
02-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Too bad about Andre. First class guy and a real symbol for not only tennis but all of sport. Hopefully he can get over the myriad of health issues he has had in recent times and make one more big run in a major.

blosson
02-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Andy is playing tomorrow right? Tennis is back!

acoffeygirl
02-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Andy is playing tomorrow right? Tennis is back!
Yes...both he and James play tomorrow night.

superpinkone37
02-13-2006, 10:39 PM
I just spoke with Fee on the phone. :D

She drove the Davis Cup umpires today....Lars Graf and Fergus Murphy. Anyways, she told them that she had some friends who went to Davis Cup and had a bunch of signs. They said they saw the PMac is HAWT one and the Doug personal training one :haha: :haha:

She told then we had a "WORD." one too and Lars asked what that meant, and she told them all about the meaning of the word: "WORD" :lol: So yeah, if Lars starts saying "WORD" all of a sudden, we know where it came from ;)

acoffeygirl
02-13-2006, 10:42 PM
I just spoke with Fee on the phone. :D

She drove the Davis Cup umpires today....Lars Graf and something Murphy? Anyways, she told them that she had some friends who went to Davis Cup and had a bunch of signs. They said they saw the PMac is HAWT one and the Doug personal training one :haha: :haha:

She told then we had a "WORD." one too and Lars asked what that meant, and she told them all about the meaning of the word: "WORD" :lol: So yeah, if Lars starts saying "WORD" all of a sudden, we know where it came from ;)
Oh my gosh that rocks!!! I'm guessing it was Fergus Murphy. He was the ump for both of Andy's matches!

Seleshfan
02-13-2006, 10:43 PM
What does WORD mean? Is it an acro? Hmmmmm....
*getting mind out of the gutter*

superpinkone37
02-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Yeah, it was Fergus Murphy...I blanked on his first name lol

Deboogle!.
02-14-2006, 01:24 AM
oh man Danielle LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golfnduck
02-14-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm looking forward to Andy's match tomorrow night. Hopefully he plows over Garcia-Lopez.

Deboogle!.
02-14-2006, 02:43 AM
Fee just called, she saw Andy briefly and he said he's feeling fine and had just hit on the court and was looking forward to his match tomorrow night :)

acoffeygirl
02-14-2006, 03:02 AM
ohhh these first hand updates are fun!

Noelle
02-14-2006, 03:19 AM

partygirl
02-14-2006, 07:50 AM
Fee just called, she saw Andy briefly and he said he's feeling fine and had just hit on the court and was looking forward to his match tomorrow night :)

:bounce:me too!

blosson
02-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Is Fish fit? He lost badly to Murray.

Deboogle!.
02-14-2006, 02:05 PM
He looked pretty good at DC and pmac said he played a lot of practice sets with the team and all but this was a crappy draw for him. Knowing how Mardy used to play, he relies a lot on momentum and confidence so I imagine it will take him some time, especially to get his serve back during matches.

Golfnduck
02-14-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm glad to hear that Andy is feeling better. I wish vbookie would get the match up. Also, Andy better not be wearing all white tonight :fiery:

Fumus
02-14-2006, 05:21 PM
I am hoping for an Andy vs. Lleyton final, which Andy takes in a tight 7-6(5), 6-4...type a match.

acoffeygirl
02-14-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm hoping for Andy to win his match tonight! :o

Tytta!.
02-14-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm hoping for Andy to win his match tonight! :o

:lol: :o

Fee
02-14-2006, 06:32 PM
WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No news, I literally have 2 seconds on this computer and just wanted to say hi to everyone. Danielle, love your Av!!!!!!!!!

acoffeygirl
02-14-2006, 06:34 PM
WORD!! Have fun!!!!

Fumus
02-14-2006, 06:38 PM
WAHOORDD!

Havok
02-14-2006, 06:41 PM
Viva Andy, let's wear some color tonight ok retard? Oh and win easily please.

Hey Deb I've been meaning to ask you a question rgarding TTC and their upcoming schedule. I wanted to know if they're gonna be airing the ITF challengers event for the TWA Tour that they're sponsoring which is coming up in a few weeks. If they are I beg of you please tape any match that involves Dokic because she's on the entry list for the event :D. Thanks;).

cobalt60
02-14-2006, 07:35 PM
WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No news, I literally have 2 seconds on this computer and just wanted to say hi to everyone. Danielle, love your Av!!!!!!!!!
Have a great time Fee- no accidents please ;)

acoffeygirl
02-14-2006, 08:48 PM
No Ivo to worry about.

Golfnduck
02-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Ivo went down in two straight tb's, way to go Wilson :yeah:

Winston's Human
02-14-2006, 09:28 PM
It seems like a good first round for American qualifiers/lucky losers:

Warburg, Wilson and Rettenmaier.

Deboogle!.
02-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Naldo, I will definitely keep my eyes out and will definitely tape anything of hers they show :) :hug:

Andy's gotta worry about GGL, strong but inconsistent baseliner. Then we can worry about the next round, I'm with Amber :p

williaer
02-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Anyone know what time (Melbourne time) Andy is playing???

Deboogle!.
02-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Andy's at 7pm california time, that's 2pm your time, I do believe. It's just before 10:30am right now there yes?

williaer
02-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Andy's at 7pm california time, that's 2pm your time, I do believe. It's just before 10:30am right now there yes?
Yep!! Thanks so much for that!!
I'm in class at the moment - Commerce (boring!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Deboogle!.
02-14-2006, 10:27 PM
My pleasure :hatoff:

aww, you can stick it out :) Go go pay attention :p

williaer
02-14-2006, 10:30 PM
My pleasure :hatoff:

aww, you can stick it out :) Go go pay attention :p
Meh, we're doing a project and we've got heaps and heaps of time to do it and it's really easy... so I can fluff round a little :) :p

nkhera1
02-14-2006, 11:47 PM
I am hoping for an Andy vs. Lleyton final, which Andy takes in a tight 7-6(5), 6-4...type a match.

I hope Roddick wins 6-0, 6-0 playing a good match, but then everyone would probably just say that Leyton played badly and that Roddick didn't do anything.

acoffeygirl
02-14-2006, 11:51 PM
Honestly....he just really needs to win tonight.

(Pavel :o )

partygirl
02-15-2006, 12:04 AM
Honestly....he just really needs to win tonight.

:bounce: im off.
early dinner:drink:...then off to see andy & james. :cool:

please don't lose in front of me tonight andy!
...here is to great pix & a winning roddick:drink:...or else:armed:

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 12:05 AM
Have fun :D Too bad you're not already there :p andy always hits for like 20 min 2hours before he plays ;)

partygirl
02-15-2006, 12:06 AM
Have fun :D Too bad you're not already there :p andy always hits for like 20 min 2hours before he plays ;)

now you tell me.:kiss:

Golfnduck
02-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Have fun at the match partygirl :hug:

guida
02-15-2006, 01:09 AM
early dinner...then my first live tennis match. :cool:

:lol: Enjoy it Larah... and try and stay alive after you see him, cause you'll have to tell us everything. :kiss:

Jennay
02-15-2006, 01:15 AM
Yay Andy!

Have fun Larah =)

surfpinky
02-15-2006, 01:30 AM
early dinner...then my first live tennis match. :cool:

oooooo have fun!

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 02:16 AM
According to Fee, Andy is wearing an "Arnaud Clement" Orange Polo in his match.

"it's not bright neon or anything but it's on the burnt orange side but it's still an ORANGE polo"

:eek: :spit: :haha:

acoffeygirl
02-15-2006, 02:18 AM
:woohoo: I like!!

surfpinky
02-15-2006, 02:18 AM
I LOVE ORANGE! skittles

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 02:19 AM
She called for the sole reason to tell me he was wearing orange :haha:

renee_chin
02-15-2006, 02:19 AM
According to Fee, Andy is wearing an "Arnaud Clement" Orange Polo in his match.

"it's not bright neon or anything but it's on the burnt orange side but it's still an ORANGE polo"

:eek: :spit: :haha:
oh wow... HUGE step-up for Andrew :lol:

acoffeygirl
02-15-2006, 02:21 AM
I hope she call to tell you about the match! :lol:

What the hell...a break already! I'm too tired for this!

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 02:22 AM
Yeah, since he was broken in the first game :rolleyes:

williaer
02-15-2006, 02:22 AM
COLOUR??? WHAT??

tangerine_dream
02-15-2006, 02:24 AM
She called for the sole reason to tell me he was wearing orange :haha:
Orange! :hearts: Oh thank you Andy for rediscovering the joys of color :bounce: :banana: :dance: :worship:

Now let's back up the shirt with a great winning score please. :)

williaer
02-15-2006, 02:26 AM
i would laugh so hard if andy changes his shirt mid match into white...
actually no - i would find it VERY UNFUNNY... :p

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 02:27 AM
At this point, whether he wins is far more important lol

renee_chin
02-15-2006, 02:31 AM
Looks like he's got his wake-up call...

williaer
02-15-2006, 02:33 AM
At this point, whether he wins is far more important lol
most certainly!!!
and HE BETTER WIN

Havok
02-15-2006, 03:03 AM
Orange :banana:.

Noelle
02-15-2006, 03:13 AM
OMG.

I think last month I said I'd prefer to see Andy in something bright, like orange or yellow or puke green... :scared:

surfpinky
02-15-2006, 03:14 AM
OMG.

I think last month I said I'd prefer to see Andy in something bright, like orange or yellow or puke green... :scared:
he puked...not green though...and now he's wearing orange. |:
:bowdown:

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 03:16 AM
:bowdown:um wow. dead.

Noelle
02-15-2006, 03:19 AM
:scared: Here is where I said it...
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=2918837&highlight=orange#post2918837

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 03:28 AM

MisterQ
02-15-2006, 03:30 AM
:bowdown:

He's a tangerine dream! :)

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 03:31 AM
Andy wins pretty routinely 6-3 6-4, had a 0-40 game in the middle of the 2nd and saved some other BPs too.

Nice quick win though :)

Noelle
02-15-2006, 03:33 AM
YAY :yippee: :woohoo:

Havok
02-15-2006, 03:34 AM
I like the orange/white combo :banana:. Keep up the good work Andy, no reason not to hold your seeding, but lets win the title please!

Winston's Human
02-15-2006, 03:37 AM
He's a tangerine dream! :)

It looks more like Burnt Orange - the color of the University of Texas.

cath777
02-15-2006, 03:37 AM
I'm glad he came through that match after the Davis Cup at the weekend.

Partygirl - Hope you had fun, though I'm sure you will have :devil:

OddJob
02-15-2006, 03:38 AM
The orange and white combo looks hot! Nicely done Andy keep it up.

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 03:38 AM
It looks more like Burnt Orange That's exactly what Fee said it looked like in person. She said "it might appear red in pictures but it's a burnt orange"

maybe John has influenced him to honor the longhorns :lol:

Is this the first time since early 2003 that he's worn a color that's not red or blue? I think it might be.

MisterQ
02-15-2006, 03:39 AM
Congratulations, Andy
Straight sets are dandy!
You managed to defeat him
Though Andre couldn't beat him
You were dressed in orange!
umm...

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 03:40 AM
Congratulations, Andy
Straight sets are dandy!
You managed to defeat him
Though Andre couldn't beat him
You were dressed in orange!
umm...:spit: :haha: :worship:

Noelle
02-15-2006, 03:41 AM
Now, that is strange!

Golfnduck
02-15-2006, 03:44 AM
I like the color, very nice. The scoreline is okay, nice quick match though.

Golfnduck
02-15-2006, 03:45 AM
That's exactly what Fee said it looked like in person. She said "it might appear red in pictures but it's a burnt orange"

maybe John has influenced him to honor the longhorns :lol:

Is this the first time since early 2003 that he's worn a color that's not red or blue? I think it might be.
He had green last year at RG.

heya
02-15-2006, 03:47 AM
He was 1 point from a 0-2 hole. He rushed and didn't handle G-L's power well-- he faced 15-40 when G-L served. Good news is he broke serve thrice.
aces saved him in the 2nd set :apumpkin:Orange Dough Boy.

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 03:49 AM
Did you see the match, heya?

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 04:14 AM

Havok
02-15-2006, 04:16 AM
Also wore a green Lacoste shirt last summer.:p

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 04:22 AM
last summer? :scratch:

I guess I forgot all the green occurrences b/c I don't like it :p

This is definitely the first bright color he's worn in a long time, all those greens were dark and icky.
=================================================
Roddick wins first round match at SAP Open

Associated Press

SAN JOSE, Calif. - Andy Roddick changed his coach and his wardrobe but the results were the same.

Roddick used crushing ground strokes to beat Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-3, 6-4 on Tuesday night in the first round of the SAP Open.

"He kind of wrapped some presents for me and handed it over," Roddick said. "I was average in most regards but a win is a win. I feel like I'm on the verge of playing well."

In other first-round matches, qualifier Brian Wilson won for the first time on the ATP Tour, beating eighth-seeded Ivo Karlovic of Croatia 7-6 (1), 7-6 (5); qualifier Justin Gimelstob beat lucky loser Bjorn Rehnquist, 6-1, 6-4; and Robin Soderling topped Andrei Pavel, 6-3, 6-4.

Roddick brought his new coach, older brother John Roddick, to San Jose and sported a special red shirt for St. Valentine's Day. Baseball Hall of Famer Reggie Jackson was also on hand to watch the match.

"I've been lucky enough to learn from people who are very educated as far as tennis goes," Roddick said. "It's nice to be in a comfort zone, and the stability with a person I've know so long. He's not afraid to get into me or give me his opinion."

With the first set at 2-2, Roddick questioned a line call that put him behind 0-15.

"For sure, 100 percent," he told the chair umpire. "I'm not really questioning it. I'm telling you you're wrong."

Roddick went on to win the next six points and began to play more aggressively.

He questioned another line call down 0-30 in the eighth of the set. He won four straight points and went on to win the game and go up 5-3.

Roddick, who holds a career mark of 15-2 at the San Jose event and won his 11th straight, opened the next game with three aces - he had six in the match - and went on to seal the first set.

The second set was more conventional, with Roddick breaking serve in the ninth game and securing the win despite a double fault.

"I was able to get it up the line and put it where I wanted," Roddick said of break point. "I knew the match was on my racket at that point. It felt good to get through the match, to kind of grind."

Fifth-seed James Blake played Yeu-Tzuoo Wang in a later match.

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 04:56 AM
oh MAN :o
=================================
Valentines Day Victory
February 15th, 2006 01:03 am
By Andyroddick.com Staff

If cupid shot as many arrows as Andy served aces this evening, love was certainly in the air at the HP Pavilion Center in San Jose. In the debut match in his title defense, Andy decisively defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-3, 6-4. Looking rejuvenated from the hectic Davis Cup weekend, Andy saw a lot of love Tuesday night. 40 - love that is.

After attending the SAP Openís kick-off party Monday night along side tournament director Bill Rapp, Andy was all business against the wiley Spaniard this evening. It did take a few games to get his bearings on center court. Andy dropped the first service game, but immediately fought to break Garica-Lopez and held strong to take the lead 2-1.

Garcia-Lopez, who has involuntarily acquired the nickname G-Lo, put up a good fight, matching Andy at 3 all. G-Lo saved a few break points in the eighth game, but Andy finally converted one, stretching his lead to 5-3. Andy finished off the set on his serve, 6-3.

While some choose to be clever or coy on Valentines Day, both Andy and Guillermo left little to the imagination in the second set. Garcia-Lopez opened with a hold to which Andy easily responded. Facing some pressure in the fourth game, Andy saved three consecutive break points to level the set at 2 all. The two battled on, each holding to 3 a piece. Andy avoided a scare in the eighth game, saving his serve and a few more break points. Guillermo was unable to save break points in the following game as Andy charged to a 5-4 lead. He quickly served out the set to clinch the match 6-3, 6-4. It may not be a box of chocolates or a dozen roses, but for a tennis fan, a ďWĒ is the perfect Valentineís Day gift.

Check back to Ar.com from more of Andy in San Jose.

castaway
02-15-2006, 04:56 AM
aww, andy even had a pen to match his shirt...I wonder if he planned that :p

Thanks for the pics, Deb. Just curious, how do you find them so fast?

edit: :o I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that "article"

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 04:58 AM
Yahoo News :)

Noelle
02-15-2006, 05:00 AM
:o I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that "article"My decision was: :sobbing: :crying2: :hysteric:

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 05:01 AM
edit: :o I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that "article"A bit of both might be appropriate. I think it's a new low for them.

superpinkone37
02-15-2006, 05:15 AM
Color? Bright color? Andy Roddick (USA)??!!! nah.

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 05:20 AM
Roddick's 'average' is pretty good
- Ron Kroichick, Chronicle Staff Writer
Wednesday, February 15, 2006

One day after Andre Agassi caused a stir by not showing up, defending champion Andy Roddick made more predictable news Tuesday night by grinding out a 6-3, 6-4 first-round victory over Guillermo Garcia-Lopez.

Roddick's presence attracted a crowd of 7,610 to HP Pavilion, including Hall of Fame baseball player Reggie Jackson and many females holding signs expressing their fondness for Roddick. He responded with a performance he called "average," balancing his dominant serve with occasionally careless mistakes.

At one point, Roddick unleashed a 136-mph ace and followed that with a 141-mph ace. At other times, he strangely seemed unable to handle Garcia-Lopez's serve.

"I didn't have my best stuff tonight, but I got through it," Roddick said.

Garcia-Lopez, a 22-year-old Spaniard ranked No. 89 in the world, came into the match with a notable victory on his resume -- he beat Agassi in the quarterfinals at Delray Beach two weeks ago. That outcome made sense at times Tuesday night, as Garcia-Lopez exchanged booming serves and fierce groundstrokes with Roddick.

Then again, Garcia-Lopez made plenty of costly errors, such as the open-court forehand he sent wide late in the first set, allowing Roddick to break serve.

The second set stayed on serve until 4-4, when Roddick blasted a backhand winner down the line to break Garcia-Lopez. Roddick responded by flinging both arms skyward in a gesture equal parts excitement and relief.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

"I knew the match was on my racquet at that point," he said. "That shot definitely felt good.":eek:

The match came less than a week after Roddick hired his brother, John, as his latest coach. Roddick parted ways with Brad Gilbert little more than a year ago, then did the same with Dean Goldfine last week.

"Everybody brings something different to the table," Roddick said. "With John, it's nice having a comfort zone there. I've known him so long and I know he's not afraid to give me his opinion.":)

williaer
02-15-2006, 05:32 AM
Andy and Backhand DTL need to be acquainted more often :)
Perhaps they should become best friends? I know I wouldn't object!!

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 05:34 AM
When he hit a backhand winner early on in his match on sunday, I literally screamed out "WHAT" as a reflex. Amber and DAnielle will corroborate this. I didn't even realize I'd done it til afterwards :sobbing:

holy_macaroli
02-15-2006, 05:42 AM
woohoo! :D GOO ANDY! kick some ass!

acoffeygirl
02-15-2006, 05:44 AM
When he hit a backhand winner early on in his match on sunday, I literally screamed out "WHAT" as a reflex. Amber and DAnielle will corroborate this. I didn't even realize I'd done it til afterwards :sobbing:
I can vouch for this occurrence!

whosthis77
02-15-2006, 05:46 AM
WOW BH winner!!.. down the line? ... I'd definatley like to see more of that! go andy. :)

Golfnduck
02-15-2006, 06:14 AM
Who is this Andy? Bh winners? Good news :yeah:

J. Corwin
02-15-2006, 06:26 AM
Andy's V-day present to all his female fans: Kisses. Color. Backhand winners. (...and winning a tennis match.)

partygirl
02-15-2006, 06:33 AM
when andy came out in valentine burnt red i nearly died.
- it looked red to me...maybe me and fee have different rods & cones in our eyes but it seemed red especially when wet,
but maybe im off...my perception is my own.

i have to say im glad he pointed out it was a so-so match, in the post match interview he said it was a typical first round match...
:o fault is i think i could count the times he moved forward or was anywhere near the baseline at anytime on two hands :rolleyes:i thought tennis was played between the lines?

from our vantage point (slightly elevated not terribly close but not too far at all really) you could see one aggressor and one guy not really going for his shots, kinda disheartening since i know andy can dictate, his constant eagerness almost seems to be screaming for dominance but it was not what i would call agrressive- if that's still the mantra...but not bad.
...i think honestly his down the line shots are pretty excellent- ive been noticing them since wimbledon and the one major one he hit tonight at the perfect time was awesome...worthy of adulation-
(you jerk :devil: )

the thing is for a guy who has spent the better part of a year or more being passive and defensive...he has'nt gotten much better at it. :p :confused:

:eek: move up! :eek:

the funniest thing is my friend who only really watches tennis with me & could take it or leave it
had purchased 1 one beer and became rather applaud-ative...
she was asked 1/2 way thru the match by an older senior citizen sitting next to us-
"you must really like him?"
to witch she replyed
"i do - yes" :cool:
i laughed so hard and told her to shut up...but what are the odds out of all these people that question would be asked to someone and it not be me :) :o :devil:
-you know me-
ive got problems... :wavey:

overall i must say andy is a great valentines day- :sad: :haha: :D
he came through like i thought he should & that works for me. (i would love to have said the same for james :sad: )

p.s- i would have my pix but my inebriated friend pocketed my camera at some point and now i have to retrieve it:mad: but i will:armed:

williaer
02-15-2006, 06:43 AM
Sounds like you had a great time!!

Andy's DTL shots aren't bad... he just never hits them! I wish I could've seen the major one he hit today... was it beautiful and federeresque?
Can't wait to see your pics!! :)

partygirl
02-15-2006, 06:49 AM
Andy's DTL shots aren't bad... he just never hits them! I wish I could've seen the major one he hit today... was it beautiful and federeresque?
it was more- andyesque :worship: "hard and to the point- no frills."

partygirl
02-15-2006, 06:56 AM
Andy's V-day present to all his female fans: Kisses. Color. Backhand winners. (...and winning a tennis match.)

one rather adolecent voice yelled out- "andy will you be my valentine"
(just as he was about to serve)
instantly across the arena you hear another loud (i will guess) pubecent voice shout-
"NO!" :mad:

...game continues. :tape:

renee_chin
02-15-2006, 07:44 AM
glad you had a great time :D

i missed those DTL shots too :sad:
i'm guessing it all goes down to confidence, really - when he's on a row, you notice that he hit those "confidence shots" more, otherwise, he's just in his shell, hitting pansy-shots :o

heya
02-15-2006, 07:59 AM
I saw the news clip. I can tell Andy almost rolled his eyes after hearing that male-sounding voice screaming.
That sounded like his matches in Thailand or Madrid....annoying.
The scoreboard changed fast while Andy served at 0-40 and G-L also served at 40-0, 40-15 games.

Andy's backhand dtl happened at least several times...they showed 1 and Andy was so far back hitting a return winner off a dropshot.

Hewitt told the news that Andy and James attracted many ladies in San Jose. "Andy reached #1...he's close to my age."
The studio anchor didn't even know that Hewitt was married.

J. Corwin
02-15-2006, 08:59 AM
heya, you never fail to kill me :hearts:

Sounds like you had a great time Larah, can't wait to see the piccies! :cool:

But I get totally sick of hearing how he is going to be more aggressive now, and yet he still continues with his passivity shit. :)

holy_macaroli
02-15-2006, 09:25 AM
The studio anchor didn't even know that Hewitt was married.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMAO! HAAHAHAHAHAHA! thats sooo effin funny! no one noticed him!

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 02:21 PM
glad you had fun, Larah :) The shirt looks orange to me in pics too ;)

Another article from the local paper and some pics :)
================================================== =
'Average' play plenty for Roddick at SAP
Two-time defending champion breezes past Garcia-Lopez 6-3, 6-4
By Darren Sabedra
KNIGHT RIDDER

SAN JOSE - Before Andy Roddick even played a point Tuesday night at HP Pavilion, the American heartthrob got good vibes from the crowd.

"I love you, Andy," one young lady screamed.

"I love you more," another responded.:lol:

Roddick then preceded to do what he does best: He blasted a few aces, he slugged it out from the baseline, and he won most of the big points, defeating Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-3, 6-4 in the first round of the SAP Open.

It wasn't a flawless performance. In fact, Roddick called it "average." But it took the two-time defending SAP champion just 71 minutes to polish off a player who 11 days earlier defeated Andre Agassi at a tournament in Delray Beach, Fla.

"I didn't have my best stuff tonight, but I got through, and there is something to be said for that," Roddick said after his 11th consecutive victory in San Jose. "I feel like I'm hitting the ball all right. Now it's just a matter of feeling comfortable with the ins and outs of the points."

Roddick started slowly, losing serve in the first game, but answered with a break to square the set 1-1. A few games later, Roddick, the third-ranked player in the world and top seed this week, picked up the pace after a close call went against him.

"For sure, 100 percent?" he screamed at the chair umpire after a cross-court forehand was called wide. "I'm not really questioning it. I'm telling you you're wrong."

Roddick, 23, then won the next six points and later got the break of serve he needed to win the set. Garcia-Lopez gift-wrapped it for him, sailing an easy forehand from the net wide on break point. Roddick held serve in the next game to take the set.

Garcia-Lopez, ranked 89th, failed to convert five break-point opportunities in the second set, and Roddick made him pay, shooting a backhand winner down the line to break at 5-4. Roddick raised his arms to celebrate, then closed out the match a game later when Garcia-Lopez hit a backhand long on match point.

Roddick is beginning a new chapter in his career, having fired his coach of a little more than a year, Dean Goldfine, last week and replacing him with older brother John.

"With John, it's nice having a comfort zone there," Roddick said. "He's a person that I've known for so long, and I know he'll give me his opinion and really kind of get into me, which is nice."

Roddick has by no means been a bust since he won the U.S. Open in 2003 under coach Brad Gilbert, whom he also fired. Roddick was a runner-up at Wimbledon the past two years, reached a semifinal at the Australian Open in 2005 and has been ranked no lower than third in three years.

But he is still searching for a second Grand Slam title and for a way to beat the seemingly unbeatable Roger Federer. Roddick is 1-10 against the world No. 1, including six losses in a row in which the American has won only one of 15 sets.

Roddick said Tuesday that he is trying to get back to that "A" game.

"It's just going back to being a tennis player," he said. "Like out there tonight, I wasn't focused on, What am I going to do here? I'm just trying to compete, get balls in, let's make the guy play, let's get a ball and hit it."

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 02:32 PM
few more :)

Golfnduck
02-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Will Andy play Thursday night?

Chaos Inc.
02-15-2006, 03:36 PM
when andy came out in valentine burnt red i nearly died.
- it looked red to me...maybe me and fee have different rods & cones in our eyes but it seemed red especially when wet,
but maybe im off...my perception is my own.

i have to say im glad he pointed out it was a so-so match, in the post match interview he said it was a typical first round match...
:o fault is i think i could count the times he moved forward or was anywhere near the baseline at anytime on two hands :rolleyes:i thought tennis was played between the lines?

from our vantage point (slightly elevated not terribly close but not too far at all really) you could see one aggressor and one guy not really going for his shots, kinda disheartening since i know andy can dictate, his constant eagerness almost seems to be screaming for dominance but it was not what i would call agrressive- if that's still the mantra...but not bad.
...i think honestly his down the line shots are pretty excellent- ive been noticing them since wimbledon and the one major one he hit tonight at the perfect time was awesome...worthy of adulation-
(you jerk :devil: )

the thing is for a guy who has spent the better part of a year or more being passive and defensive...he has'nt gotten much better at it. :p :confused:

:eek: move up! :eek:

the funniest thing is my friend who only really watches tennis with me & could take it or leave it
had purchased 1 one beer and became rather applaud-ative...
she was asked 1/2 way thru the match by an older senior citizen sitting next to us-
"you must really like him?"
to witch she replyed
"i do - yes" :cool:
i laughed so hard and told her to shut up...but what are the odds out of all these people that question would be asked to someone and it not be me :) :o :devil:
-you know me-
ive got problems... :wavey:

overall i must say andy is a great valentines day- :sad: :haha: :D
he came through like i thought he should & that works for me. (i would love to have said the same for james :sad: )

p.s- i would have my pix but my inebriated friend pocketed my camera at some point and now i have to retrieve it:mad: but i will:armed:

It is about time for big brother John to kick ass and take names. If Andy is too stubborn to listen.......John should stand two feet behind the baseline and every time Andy starts moving back.....John should taser him. If he did that, I promise you that would be one bad habit that would get broken. ;) :devil:

tangerine_dream
02-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Partygirl, glad you had a great time. :D :hug: Isn't it great to see Andy play live?

Roddick finding tough love now
by Dave Albee

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site234/2006/0215/m0215s020.jpg
STILL THE STAR: Andy Roddick signs autographs after defeating Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-3, 6-4, in the first round of the SAP Open in San Jose. (AP photo/ Tony Avelar)

SAN JOSE
BY THE SOUND and signs of things, Andy Roddick, wearing a Valentine's Day red shirt, was widely adored and admired by a crowd of 7,610 on Tuesday night in his first-round match in the SAP Open at the San Jose Arena.

"I love you, Andy!," one female fan shrieked during the coin toss.

"I love you more!" another female fan shouted from the other end of the court. :lol:

It's hard to believe that Roddick, America's tennis heartthrob and best player, isn't getting more love in his sport these days. He has been getting picked on more of late than Nick Lachey even though Roddick's worst fault is merely having fallen from No. 2 in the world to No. 3.

That's tough love.

"Sometimes it's weird because you feel bad about being No. 3 in the world at something," Roddick said after defeating Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-3, 6-4. "If you had told me a long time ago that I would be in that position, I probably would have laughed at you and said I would have never gotten there in the first place.

"That being said, I'm hungry to accomplish things and I do want more and I can feel other people wanting more for me. I kind of have to look at it as a backhanded compliment and know that people have high expectations for me and that's fine with me. I've kind of dealt with it for awhile now. The good and the bad. I just have to have faith that there's going to be good again real soon." :cool:

That's assuming Roddick closes the gap on Roger Federer, who's playing in another superstar stratosphere at the moment. Roddick has lost 14 of his last 15 sets to Federer, who now owns a 10-1 lifetime record against America's Great Tennis Hope.

Yet there's no shame in losing to Federer anymore. Most everyone is. Roddick has lost to him in the last three Wimbledons, twice in the finals.

Grand Slam events are the measuring stick of all champions and, in past year, Roddick has had only one bad loss - to journeyman Gilles Muller in the first-round of the U.S. Open - that's raised a red flag. True, Roddick lost in the fourth round of last month's Australian Open to Marcos Baghdatis but that was a blessing in disguise. Baghdatis, proving that win was no fluke, played his way to the finals against Federer and Baghdatis' stunning girlfriend, Cammie Neviere, wound up getting more air time than ESPN commentator - and Roddick's former coach - Brad Gilbert, author of "Winning Ugly."

With Gilbert, Roddick won nine titles, including his one and only Grand Slam championship - the 2003 U.S. Open. With Gilbert, Roddick had a record of 121-26 and, at the age of 21, became the second youngest American on the ATP Tour to end a season ranked No. 1.

along came Federer. He won eight of nine matches against the Roddick/Gilbert tag team tandem. Then along came Roddick's dad, who influenced his son's decision to part ways with Gilbert. His dad is a magnet for publicity who might have gotten too much credit for Roddick's rise and may have been too loud of Team Roddick's liking.

Roddick hired Dean Goldfine to replace Gilbert. That lasted a little more than a year. Last week, before Roddick played in the Davis Cup match, he announced that Goldfine had been fired and Roddick hired another coach - his 29-year-old brother, John.

It was Roddick's third coach in 14 months and fourth in three years. He's going through coaches faster than Al Davis with the Raiders.

"I've been lucky to learn from some people that are very educated as far as tennis goes," Roddick said. "Brad's great in between the lines and Dean was great as far as preparation and professionalism and how to go about things … With John it's nice having kind of a comfort zone there. He's not scared to give me his opinion and really get into me."

Can Roddick's older brother improve Andy's game? Will Roddick become more than just a power hitter like, say, Reggie Jackson who was sitting in the front row on Tuesday? Do the Roddicks have a master plan?

"Just get back to competing," Andy said. "I didn't have my best stuff tonight, but it kind of felt good to get through and just grind and come up with big shots when I had to come up with them. Just fighting. That felt natural for me."

Roddick may now be willing to take more risks on the court and off. He has been linked romantically to tennis star Maria Sharapova, though Roddick insists they're "just friends." That would appear to be a love-love match made in Roger Dodge's Blind Date Heaven. Roddick, once named the sexiest athlete in People Magazine's sexiest man alive issue, versus Sharapova, who will appear on the cover of this year's Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.

For the record, Roddick said he sent flowers to his mom and sister on Valentine's Day, but did not mention Maria.

"Valentine's is only invented to get men into trouble," Roddick said. :lol:

Good for the time being. Good for now. But, come Grand Slam time, if Roddick wants to universally loved, he'll need to be good again real soon.

Golfnduck
02-15-2006, 05:18 PM
LOL!!! Valentines Day does get alot of people in trouble. This Valentines Day was actually pretty nice for me, I got alot of chocolate :drool:

Fumus
02-15-2006, 08:27 PM
That's a silly article. You got to hand it to Andy though, he's always so positive about things.

Fumus
02-15-2006, 08:29 PM
I like the red shirt!!

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 08:45 PM
some pics from the tourney site :)

blosson
02-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Andy is looking goody in redy. Wow. It even makes him look thinner.

partygirl
02-15-2006, 08:51 PM
i dont know if tuesday was bracelet day or what but i went with a friend-
2 of us...
we left with 5 no compromise bracelets, without wanting one.:lol:
just after they checked tickets people on both sides of doors were shoving them into peoples hands- and as usual i was late (got in at 7) so they must have been doing it for awhile.
i did'nt even know what it was being thrust at me- then i had 3 in my hand
(it was a little chaotic at the door)

i thought this was a charity initiative?
fund raiser
not a fashion statement/door prize?

i keep having this urge to put it on- but its immediately annoying-
the weird texture on the inside and the size...its just odd & bothersome.

it has to aggitate andy from time to time...not that its entirely a distraction its just not aesthetically pleasing
i think.
everytime you move you feel a rubber reaction...you want to rattle your wrist the way andy does to move it.

sure seems to take mental strength to forget its there:eek:how does he do it?
and i love bracelets...this, im not a fan of & dont really see the point of
if they are just going to be passed out
-promotion? maybe
-valentine present? doubt it...
it really looked more like they wanted to unload them. :(

i did'nt mean that as bitchy as it sounds, i just thought it odd to give away an obscene amount of something usually for sale to benafit a charity. :smash: :angel:

:bolt:

heya
02-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Andy was interviewed about the criticism/coaching changes 2 days ago. He looked angry/bitter. Not happy about criticism.
Andy, when you don't change on the court, and still continue to worry about American egos, Pat McEnroe, etc. instead of your health, don't cry about negative interviews by Bud Collins, etc.

Fee
02-15-2006, 08:57 PM
It was orange. I knew that some people would think it was red, but it was orange. Brought back memories of Andy wearing orange back in 2002.

partygirl
02-15-2006, 09:03 PM
It was orange. I knew that some people would think it was red, but it was orange. Brought back memories of Andy wearing orange back in 2002.

maybe i was just t0o excited to remember it corectly...
or maybe i loved the idea of valentine red too much
also like i said my rods & cones are askew...
i got 10000000000000000 excuses :rolls:

if my friend had not been such a :drink: i would have my cam & pix to review :rolleyes:i want to see them damn it!!!!!!!!! :fiery:

heya
02-15-2006, 09:56 PM
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_frm/thread/94f7b77966a8f83d/8ac16b97b51156fd#8ac16b97b51156fd

He was serving alright - broke 140 mph maybe twice, rarely
pulled the trigger on his forehand

looked downright stupid on virtually every net approach he attempted.

No wonder he sucks in practice and on hardcourt. AR was pitiful on grass too. Since 2 years ago, the slice improved but the serve/forehand had fewer sidespins. passive, too much topspin and poor techniques = disaster

warmy
02-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Orange :inlove:

It's like my favorite wearing color.

partygirl
02-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Orange :inlove:

It's like my favorite wearing color.

cassie! :inlove:
missed you. :wavey:

Jennay
02-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Color, backhands DTL, fist pumping, yay. Orange. :hearts:

24828437 lightyears beyond the baseline, unyay.

warmy
02-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Larah :hug:

blosson
02-15-2006, 11:22 PM
It makes me mad Marcos lost to Mario, wasn't he supposed to be the new sensation? Ah wrong thread :o

Noelle
02-15-2006, 11:34 PM
i dont know if tuesday was bracelet day or what but i went with a friend-
2 of us...
we left with 5 no compromise bracelets, without wanting one.:lol:Send them to me, I don't mind. ;)

Deboogle!.
02-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Andy's 2nd round match against Carlsen is tomorrow night at 7 local time :)

acoffeygirl
02-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks Deb!!

Every time your posts come up, I think you are really mad about something because of the :fiery: in your signature. :lol:

Deboogle!.
02-16-2006, 12:07 AM
:haha:

Well I am. I WANT OUR FORUM DAMNIT :p

heya
02-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Sad to see Pat McEnroe preaching to the royal Americans that Baghdatis was the genius king of hardcourts. Rebound ace is not the same as other surfaces, Captain Fraud Pat.

Golfnduck
02-16-2006, 01:55 AM
Andy, let's make a deal. I want YOU to bagel or breadstick Carlsen tomorrow night, k.

heya
02-16-2006, 01:57 AM
Roddick:

"I feel like Iím on the verge of playing well, but itís just picking and choosing spots. I didnít have my best stuff tonight, but I got through and thereís something to be said for that. Iím hitting the ball alright now, itís just a matter of feeling comfortable with the ins and outs of the points. I feel OK, close to 100%, I should be good by the timeÖIím glad I got to play have tomorrow off. After last Friday, itís probably the worst Iíve ever felt after a tennis match, just completely drained. Iíve been pretty fortunate with how the schedule has worked out, having the day off yesterday and the day off tomorrow, so it shouldnít be a problem anymore."

"Everythingís a little bit different, so it just takes some getting used to, thatís why

http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/news/2006/sanjose_tuesday.asp

superpinkone37
02-16-2006, 01:57 AM
If Vince can bagel someone, surely Andy can. ;)

Deboogle!.
02-16-2006, 01:59 AM
Carlsen's a bit better than the schmo Vince bageled ;)

superpinkone37
02-16-2006, 02:00 AM
It's not Vince's fault Andre pulled out and he got to play a lucky loser. ;)

Noelle
02-16-2006, 02:01 AM
:woohoo:

Deboogle!.
02-16-2006, 02:02 AM
Of course not ;)

But that's irrelevant to whether Andy will bagel Carlsen. On a pretty quick indoor surface, I very much doubt it :p

superpinkone37
02-16-2006, 02:03 AM
Plus, Vince is no number 3 in the world.

Oh, the argument was over. Aw.

Well, Andy better kick his ass. :p

williaer
02-16-2006, 02:07 AM
I was just on the ar.com forums (this truely shows the extent of my boredom here at school during study period...) and someone said they were at Andy's match last night and they said that Andy was sitting there watching James' match...
That's super nice of him... I spose he's still in the DC mind frame with James being there. How cute!!

I'm looking forward to Andy whooping Carlsen tomorrow (because he should and WILL)! I wonder what colour shirt he'll wear!

Deboogle!.
02-16-2006, 02:16 AM
Plus, Vince is no number 3 in the world.

Oh, the argument was over. Aw.

Well, Andy better kick his ass. :p:haha: I love you

That's cool, Ellen! Usually he doesn't go out and watch b/c of the crowd problems, not b/c he doesn't want to, so that's great he did:) Too bad James played so poorly though :(

Andy just has to return Carlsen's serve, he'll be fine - Carlsen ain't that good.

heya
02-16-2006, 02:21 AM
A see-through shirt would be nice. None of his shirts is worse than his disturbing attitude at Grand Slams (especially on August 30, 2005).

Bright orange is for halloween costumes. Pink is prissy. Neon green would be nice. Did I say nice?

partygirl
02-16-2006, 02:46 AM
A see-through shirt would be nice. None of his shirts is worse than his disturbing attitude at Grand Slams (especially on August 30, 2005).

:worship:

simpletennis
02-16-2006, 03:45 AM
i watched andy last night!!!!!!!! he got broken the first game, but he came back obviously. it was so fun. there were stupid lil' teenyboppers there asking "andy will you be my valenting" of course, they were kinda killing me

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e127/bradpittonoprah/ar24.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e127/bradpittonoprah/ar15.jpg

Deboogle!.
02-16-2006, 03:49 AM
glad you had fun :D

simpletennis
02-16-2006, 03:51 AM
yup, it was a shame that james lost, i was so nervous the whole match, and all the fans were cheering for him, he saved a couple of match points

MisterQ
02-16-2006, 04:46 AM
great photo of his serve! his left arm has vaporized! :eek:

Golfnduck
02-16-2006, 05:38 AM
Thanks for the pics simpletennis :hug:

Noelle
02-16-2006, 05:56 AM
Nice pics, Lauren!

By the way, Andy always watched Mardy's matches when he could, didn't he? :sad: :devil:

holy_macaroli
02-16-2006, 07:33 AM
hay guys!
what does duck mean? lke iv heard around these boards andys a duck:S
sorry im kinda new :D

J. Corwin
02-16-2006, 07:45 AM
hay guys!
what does duck mean? lke iv heard around these boards andys a duck:S
sorry im kinda new :D

:wavey: Welcome!

Andy's called a duck by some because he had a stunningly close resemblance to Donald Duck in this one pic comparison that was posted in WTAWorld some time ago. ;) It was classic! :lol:

Wait, I guess it all makes sense now. Andy caught the bird flu and puked at DC. :sad:

williaer
02-16-2006, 07:50 AM
:wavey: Welcome!

Andy's called a duck by some because he had a stunningly close resemblance to Donald Duck in this one pic comparison that was posted in WTAWorld some time ago. ;) It was classic! :lol:

Wait, I guess it all makes sense now. Andy caught the bird flu and puked at DC. :sad:
:lol:
Nah... holy_maracroli, Jace is only joking. I think the 'duck' comes from Roddick -> Rodduck -> duck. But I could be wrong...

Anyway, welcome!! :wavey:

Noelle
02-16-2006, 08:06 AM
Actually Andy does have some pics where he looks like a duck...

holy_macaroli
02-16-2006, 08:08 AM
oooh LOL thanks :D!

hay williaer did u hear Australia won there 1st gold medal at the games! WOOHOO!

holy_macaroli
02-16-2006, 08:10 AM
Actually Andy does have some pics where he looks like a duck...

OOH! could u please post it!!!! :angel:

Noelle
02-16-2006, 08:17 AM
I can't find it on this computer :crying2: :sobbing:

williaer
02-16-2006, 08:18 AM
oooh LOL thanks :D!

hay williaer did u hear Australia won there 1st gold medal at the games! WOOHOO!
I know!!! Woot!!!! even if he was kinda imported... :p Feel free to call me Ellen btw! :)

holy_macaroli
02-16-2006, 08:55 AM
AWWE! i really wanna see this ducky pic :( :P

i hate the olympic coverage here!!it they should put it on earlier!!! i feel slack but i cnt help but laugh when those luge ppl go dieing!

williaer
02-16-2006, 09:05 AM
AWWE! i really wanna see this ducky pic :( :P

i hate the olympic coverage here!!it they should put it on earlier!!! i feel slack but i cnt help but laugh when those luge ppl go dieing!
:lol: Yeah, our Olympic coverage is quite sucky... :(
If there are this many crashes on that course in the luge... imagine what it's going to be like in the skeleton :eek:

Anyway, I'm off to bed, good night everyone!!

Noelle
02-16-2006, 09:10 AM
If anyone else has the pic or remembers it, it was from Wimbledon 2004; Andy was blowing his cheeks out and he was turning away from the camera so it looked like he was waddling.

holy_macaroli
02-16-2006, 09:21 AM
If there are this many crashes on that course in the luge... imagine what it's going to be like in the skeleton :eek:

skkkkkkkkkkkkkeleton? what the heck is that? n weres the bob stead at? GO JAMAICA!! :worship:

awwwwe bless! that duck pictures sounds sooooo bloody cute!

MissFairy
02-16-2006, 10:14 AM

Ouch. When the Ukranian team crashed, i actually jumped. It looked so painful.

I would be so scared to do the Skeleton :scared:

:haha: Jace, that bird flu comment (:

Carito_90
02-16-2006, 12:15 PM
:lol:
Nah... holy_maracroli, Jace is only joking. I think the 'duck' comes from Roddick -> Rodduck -> duck. But I could be wrong...

Anyway, welcome!! :wavey:

No, actually Ellen, Jace's right. :lol: That's the reason they called him duck, it happened back when MTF didn't even exist, or was just starting I believe.

Angle Queen
02-16-2006, 12:53 PM
I know this is Andy's forum...but can I give a big woot, woot to Johnny Mac and Jonas for their win yesterday.

Noelle
02-16-2006, 01:36 PM
I agree :rocker2: :rocker: <-- JMac and Bjorkman :D

MisterQ
02-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Allez JMac 'N Jonas! :dance:

surfpinky
02-16-2006, 07:59 PM
If anyone else has the pic or remembers it, it was from Wimbledon 2004; Andy was blowing his cheeks out and he was turning away from the camera so it looked like he was waddling.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39208000/jpg/_39208690_roddickap203.jpg?

heya
02-16-2006, 09:31 PM
The mtf forum was working in 2002, then they shut it down for a few months.
Everyone rushed to wtaworld to bash the Roddick fans for liking him.
My stalker, Chloe started the "light-hearted", bitter Duck Hunt thread where dirk, pea, fedex, GeorgeWhitler, tennischick, etc. begged for attention (that Agassi and Federer didn't give them). What's funny is people like dirk pretend they respect Roddick and "would never support Duck Hunt thread."
Isn't the real title "Please prove how Roddick stinks, even when his opponents play boring"?
What's pathetic is Andy listens to the media and believes the same trash.

Then, she posted crap about how poor Nalbandian was mistreated in America and that Andy was handed the US Open "on a platter".
She desperately posted that I lied about Agassi, Hewitt and Andy.
I didn't even talk to her but she conveniently convinced everyone that I had a "history" with her. Too bad Roddick's pleasing to the eyes and has more humanity than people who follow herds of fake idiots.

Fee
02-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Hey all.
Lars Graf says word! He said it 3 times yesterday, every time he saw me. :haha:

Andy came in to our office on Tuesday after his match with Dougie, so I asked Doug if he now believed me when I told him that he had his own fans. He laughed and seemed pleased to talk about the sign you made for him at DC this weekend. I asked Andy if he had seen the signs, and he said yes, and that you all deserved 'points for originality' (some of you know this already because I was practically typing the conversation into MSN as it was taking place). He seemed to be in a pretty good mood. He watched part of James' match, but I think he was gone before it ended.

Monday night, Andy was able to hit on center court for a little while before the night matches started. He and Mardy were at the same side of the court practicing serves next to each other. As usual, Mardy was imitating Andy's serve, but this time he was exaggerating quite a bit. He kept stomping his feet (like duck steps) and then he would stick his butt out and do Andy's service motion. Then Andy decided they should serve together, and on the first try they did it at EXACTLY the same time. I laughed out loud. They were obviously having a great time together. (perhaps this is why James lost, he's been put on the back burner again...).

Last night, I got stuck with Murphy Jensen for an hour. Now, I like Murph, for the most part, he's funny and kind of laid back, but it's hard to be confined in a car with him when he's in the mood to crank up the radio and sing ALL THE WRONG LYRICS to whatever song is on. Then he decided to buy a James Blunt CD so that we could listen to 'you're beautiful' 17 times. I put a stop to that by playing 'goodbye my lover' instead. I was never so happy to get back to the transportation office.

I think that's all I have to report for now. Oh, I have a hugging injury. I twisted in the car seat to hug Justin last night, and my back has felt funny ever since. Just my luck.

surfpinky
02-16-2006, 11:07 PM
fee!! word!
thanks for your reports! :D

aww mardy and andy [:

Deboogle!.
02-16-2006, 11:13 PM
aw fee glad you finally got to come tell the story, I kept my mouth shut like you asked :p

Caren
02-16-2006, 11:13 PM
awww, thanx Fee :)

I don't know what to do, i'm in a pickle, see i'm absolutly shattered after a day spent at university and work, but andy plays at 3am, its now just past midnight, do i stick out the tiredness and watch livescore, or just go to bed because livescore doesn't really help much :rolleyes:

partygirl
02-16-2006, 11:14 PM
He and Mardy were at the same side of the court practicing serves next to each other. As usual, Mardy was imitating Andy's serve, but this time he was exaggerating quite a bit. He kept stomping his feet (like duck steps) and then he would stick his butt out and do Andy's service motion.
They were obviously having a great time together.

colon QUACK- QUACK colon

Deboogle!.
02-16-2006, 11:19 PM
awww, thanx Fee :)

I don't know what to do, i'm in a pickle, see i'm absolutly shattered after a day spent at university and work, but andy plays at 3am, its now just past midnight, do i stick out the tiredness and watch livescore, or just go to bed because livescore doesn't really help much :rolleyes:Well what I usually do like when tennis is in Oz and stuff is I go to sleep then i invariably wake up at some point and check the score, then go back to bed :p

Caren
02-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Well what I usually do like when tennis is in Oz and stuff is I go to sleep then i invariably wake up at some point and check the score, then go back to bed :p

hmmm....see the problemo with that is, i'll have to go through the whole process of turning this heap of junk(i.e. my computer) on and if thats the case i may as well just be up all night. I might just set my alarm for 5am and turn on sky sports news and see if the match is over then. I usually love the excitement of staying up to watch livescore ( :retard: ) but i don't think i can be bothered considering the last few times i've stayed up late he's decided to lose :mad:

heya
02-16-2006, 11:41 PM
Andy's way too nice to everyone, but he doesn't worry about himself. When people mock, criticize and laugh at him, he just quietly smiles and holds his anguish inside. Maybe the rants on the court manifests from that.

Noelle
02-17-2006, 12:22 AM
Lars Graf says word! He said it 3 times yesterday, every time he saw me.I knew there was a reason I :hearts: him.

Then Andy decided they should serve together, and on the first try they did it at EXACTLY the same time. I laughed out loud. They were obviously having a great time together. (perhaps this is why James lost, he's been put on the back burner again...).:haha: :rolls:

am&a
02-17-2006, 12:26 AM
fee. don't word. d:

Deboogle!.
02-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Fee called a few min ago and wanted me to pass along that the San Jose court is playing a lot slower this year than year's past and also that the practice courts are apparently a lot faster so a lot of players aren't that happy about it.

Noelle
02-17-2006, 12:56 AM
That is a failing indeed! :o

partygirl
02-17-2006, 01:17 AM
Fee called a few min ago and wanted me to pass along that the San Jose court is playing a lot slower this year than year's past and also that the practice courts are apparently a lot faster so a lot of players aren't that happy about it.
boo hoo :crying2::p wAAAAAAAAhhhHH!@

you know!
knowing its happening like 7 minutes from my house...and me not being there- not fun. :crazy::fiery: i may avoid it till its over. :rolleyes:

Andy's way too nice to everyone, but he doesn't worry about himself. When people mock, criticize and laugh at him, he just quietly smiles and holds his anguish inside. Maybe the rants on the court manifests from that.
":tape::explode::sad:"
-A short story by larah

cobalt60
02-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Hey all.
Lars Graf says word! He said it 3 times yesterday, every time he saw me. :haha:

Andy came in to our office on Tuesday after his match with Dougie, so I asked Doug if he now believed me when I told him that he had his own fans. He laughed and seemed pleased to talk about the sign you made for him at DC this weekend. I asked Andy if he had seen the signs, and he said yes, and that you all deserved 'points for originality' (some of you know this already because I was practically typing the conversation into MSN as it was taking place). He seemed to be in a pretty good mood. He watched part of James' match, but I think he was gone before it ended.

Monday night, Andy was able to hit on center court for a little while before the night matches started. He and Mardy were at the same side of the court practicing serves next to each other. As usual, Mardy was imitating Andy's serve, but this time he was exaggerating quite a bit. He kept stomping his feet (like duck steps) and then he would stick his butt out and do Andy's service motion. Then Andy decided they should serve together, and on the first try they did it at EXACTLY the same time. I laughed out loud. They were obviously having a great time together. (perhaps this is why James lost, he's been put on the back burner again...).

Last night, I got stuck with Murphy Jensen for an hour. Now, I like Murph, for the most part, he's funny and kind of laid back, but it's hard to be confined in a car with him when he's in the mood to crank up the radio and sing ALL THE WRONG LYRICS to whatever song is on. Then he decided to buy a James Blunt CD so that we could listen to 'you're beautiful' 17 times. I put a stop to that by playing 'goodbye my lover' instead. I was never so happy to get back to the transportation office.

I think that's all I have to report for now. Oh, I have a hugging injury. I twisted in the car seat to hug Justin last night, and my back has felt funny ever since. Just my luck.
Glad that you are having a great time Fee. Murphy huh? I like him too but I think all I could take was 5 minutes so credit to you for lasting. And the injury- sympathy pains? Just kidding but worth it I am sure;)

partygirl
02-17-2006, 01:50 AM
it was 31 degrees last night in san jose, california
i can't take it.http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/level1_don016.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/level1_don001.gif

superpinkone37
02-17-2006, 02:00 AM
Fee! :hug: :hug: