Robby will have a No Strings episode! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Robby will have a No Strings episode!

Deboogle!.
01-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Looks like it'll premiere on Sunday Feb. 19 at 7pm Eastern

No Strings is my fave TTC series, it's like "day in the life of the player" and they follow them around so it's real candid. It will be interesting to see Robby's :)

surfpinky
01-24-2006, 02:23 PM
boo for me not having ttc. ):

Deboogle!.
01-24-2006, 02:26 PM
no worries;)

Pepper LaRue
01-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Boo on Comcast for not carrying the Tennis Channel in my area.

Deboogle!.
01-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Call 'em up and complain, ALL THE TIME. And when you do, tell them you want to file an official request, not just tlaking to the person who answers the phone. Comcast has added it in a lot of areas, so they're definitely willing to do it, they just need enough subscriber requests for it and stuff. don't give up:)

surfpinky
01-24-2006, 02:41 PM
no worries;)
[:

Pepper LaRue
01-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Call 'em up and complain, ALL THE TIME. And when you do, tell them you want to file an official request, not just tlaking to the person who answers the phone. Comcast has added it in a lot of areas, so they're definitely willing to do it, they just need enough subscriber requests for it and stuff. don't give up

Oh my...we have complained SO much they're sick of us. There just isn't enough interest in the Pacific Northwest I guess. *I need a hug* LMAO...

Deboogle!.
01-24-2006, 03:05 PM
aw :hug: If there's enough interest in places like Boston and Maine and wherever, surely there's enough interest other places too :D Just get everyone you know to bug them and don't let up :D

Pepper LaRue
01-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Thanks! We're probably due for another round of calling, letters, etc to Comcast.

Fee
01-24-2006, 05:35 PM
No TTC for me either. Perhaps we should start a tape tree. It's about time for me to call Comcast again as well. Thanks for the info Deb.

idolwatcher1
01-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Deb, I don't guess you'll be capturing the episode for us... :(

Fee
01-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Way to ask her nicely.

01-24-2006, 07:16 PM
LOL Maybe we should start a thread for all the people who want TTC and can't get it :) I know I have tried everything with DirecTV and I still don't have it :mad: :sad: And to be honest I don't think DirecTV will ever pick it up! And I don't have Comcast in my area so I can't try to get it from them!

Éowyn
01-24-2006, 07:43 PM
i have a few sources for gf who do have ttc andrea so no worriesi'm sure one of them can get it for us and i'll get it put up. btw i'll have a lil pressie for you next week. i can do something you've been asking for for ages when iget my bday pressie :p

Éowyn
01-24-2006, 07:47 PM
LOL Maybe we should start a thread for all the people who want TTC and can't get it :) I know I have tried everything with DirecTV and I still don't have it :mad: :sad: And to be honest I don't think DirecTV will ever pick it up! And I don't have Comcast in my area so I can't try to get it from them!

lmao at least it actually exists in your country it's a start

01-24-2006, 08:17 PM
lmao at least it actually exists in your country it's a start
LOL I never ever thought of that :p On second thought maybe that is what makes me feel worse. It exists in my country, but I can't get it :mad: :sad:

Deboogle!.
01-24-2006, 09:16 PM
I actually do think DirecTV will pick it up. After the Comcast deal last year, it's the next big holy grail for TTC, and I don't know if they can survive in the longterm without one of the satellite companies and DirecTV is much bigger than Dish. I know based on what they said at the LA tourney last summer, they were hoping that they'd have gotten DirecTV by now but obviously it's not working. The biggest thing is to keep requesting, just never give up. And have people you know who have DirecTV request too, even if they don't care for tennis maybe they'll do you a favor and call and send an email too :)

You too, Fee, considering Comcast down here has picked it up and tennis is pretty big in CA in general, they'll do it up there sometime soon :)

OddJob
01-25-2006, 02:26 AM
I can't wait to see this. "No Strings" is a great show. I really liked the Tommy Haas episode. Robby seems like a crack up so it should be fun.

idolwatcher1
01-25-2006, 05:28 AM
Way to ask her nicely.
Fee, you're so serious, I was just being silly... :crazy:

idolwatcher1
01-25-2006, 05:48 AM
i have a few sources for gf who do have ttc andrea so no worriesi'm sure one of them can get it for us and i'll get it put up. btw i'll have a lil pressie for you next week. i can do something you've been asking for for ages when iget my bday pressie :p
:tape: :hearts: :bigclap: :dance: :worship:

01-25-2006, 06:18 AM
Now you have me wondering what it is? I guess I can stay up all night trying to figure out what it is :p

idolwatcher1
01-25-2006, 06:22 AM
I can't wait to see this. "No Strings" is a great show. I really liked the Tommy Haas episode. Robby seems like a crack up so it should be fun.
I can't wait either

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9065/rgbw10yv.jpg

hot tub scene anyone?... :tape:

01-25-2006, 06:34 AM
I can't wait either

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9065/rgbw10yv.jpg

hot tub scene anyone?... :tape:
I wish I could have seen the show on Tommy Haas also. I bet that was good :cool:

Deboogle!.
01-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Tommy's HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA

First you meet his cat Fuffy. Then he goes to Hooters for lunch and swears on court during practice, then he does yoga and gets a massage :drool:

Tommy's is one of the better ones. Pete's is also good, as is Feli Lopez's where he calls himself a metrosexual:haha:

OddJob
01-25-2006, 02:19 PM
I totally forgot about Filo's , he's such a pretty boy. :hearts: I love the part where Filo is at dinner with his manager and he asks Filo if he has good luck with women. Filo shyly says "No" and his manager says "BullSh*t", lol it was great. JC & Moya had ones too and they both came off as really sweet guys. Very family oriented which is sweet.

01-25-2006, 02:49 PM
I totally forgot about Filo's , he's such a pretty boy. :hearts: I love the part where Filo is at dinner with his coach and he asks Filo if he has good luck with women. Filo shyly says "No" and his coach says "BullSh*t", lol it was great. JC & Moya had ones too and they both came off as really sweet guys. Very family oriented which is sweet.
Gee I hate it that I am missing all these great shows :mad: :sad: Maybe some day DirecTV will carry The Tennis Channel :rolleyes:

surfpinky
01-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Tommy's HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA

First you meet his cat Fuffy. Then he goes to Hooters for lunch and swears on court during practice, then he does yoga and gets a massage :drool:

Tommy's is one of the better ones. Pete's is also good, as is Feli Lopez's where he calls himself a metrosexual:haha:
:spit:

Fee
01-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Fee, you're so serious, I was just being silly... :crazy:

yeah, right.

idolwatcher1
01-26-2006, 11:33 PM
I was, and I think you should lighten up :hug:

Éowyn
01-27-2006, 01:22 AM
:tape: :hearts: :bigclap: :dance: :worship:

i got my pressie today! hun you need to email me (webmaster@gineprifans.com) your home address and then i shall send it toyou andhope it works! i do not know how the regions will work in reverse but i hope it wil work and you shall be my test subject :) infact that will be something for me to do now :)

Éowyn
01-27-2006, 01:25 AM
I was, and I think you should lighten up :hug:

aww sweetie so misunderstood :angel:

idolwatcher1
02-18-2006, 07:57 AM
from ttc:

ROBBY GINEPRI
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2161/ginepri11hc.jpg
Robby Ginepri can move very quickly on the court, but it's off the
court where he can move even quicker... Spend a day with Robby
in his hometown during the off-season and race through 2 photo
shoots, 2 different interviews, a charity event, and time for friends
at his new house all in one busy day.

Deboogle!.
02-18-2006, 02:38 PM
I'll watch it - maybe not on Sunday when it airs b/c there's a lot of tennis on tv Sunday but it will repeat 10 million times so I'll do a writeup if you guys want

Deboogle!.
02-19-2006, 11:05 PM
So the show is on right now, Robby talks about his family and stuff, gives a tour of the club in Georgia that he bought - it's very swanky!!! He said it was a big investment for him. He gets a package and it's his new racquets and string for 2006

He does an interview with CNN World, they show his mom and grandmother. His sister answers the phone at his club (in addition to his site I guess :p). they look alike.

He's sitting at the club with his grandmother and a couple people and this CREEPY man from ESPN Magazine comes for a photoshoot. They show him doing the shoot around his club, some action shots, sitting around, posed stuff, in a Sauna wearing a towel :lol::rolls:

Deboogle!.
02-19-2006, 11:21 PM
He talks about loving where he lives, outside the city but close enough to go for good meals and the airport, he loves it.

Then he goes to a school to a kids clinic or whatever. Whatever car he has has a little digital thermometer in the rearview mirror WTF lmao isn't that distracting? :lol: Babolat and Under Armour helped sponsor a "Robby Ginepri player of the month" at this school, that's kinda neat. He was sweet and playful with the kids, it'd be nice to see that all the time

Then he drove back home and did an interview for Smash magazine (the kids version of the USTA Tenis mag publication). He shows a park area where he trains, has a gorgeous view, very pretty and you can see Atlanta way off in the distance.. so he tok pictures up there with the sunset and pretty scenery in the hills

Deboogle!.
02-19-2006, 11:29 PM
so last segment - back at home with Robby at 7pm. Nice house :eek: He talked about Thanksgiving dinner being a feast so this must've been taped soon after that. He says his girlfriend decorated much of his house... his mom loves his house and says it suits him, he says he likes lounging on the couch with the remote lol. then he says "I don't ever go in this room" and it's the laundry room AHAHAHA His mom says she still does his laundry sometimes HAAHHAHAAHA.

His bedroom is all black and gray and he has a little fridge right in his room LOL!

his mom likes his kitchen to cook in HAHAHA!! They show his girlfriend Josephine and some buddies who were over. He shows the alcohol shot dispenser that his sister gave him for his birthday one year.

He talks about how much he loves eating, so he shows all the crap in his fridge, including the alchyhall :p He has this weird room with weird lights and cushions and stuff. he said it was like his VIP section of a club and that's sort of what it looks like. He has a little theater with a pool and pingpong table and huge theater system.

Outside there's a huge hot tub with colored lights and a waterfall that he bought himself after the USO, my goodness lol... he says something his fans might not know is that he's stayed pretty close to his friends... he lost to one of them in pingpong and says the cameras aren't allowed back b/c that's why he lost lol..... and he says then he's gonna get some mexican for dinner and byebye

So there you have it. Pretty normal episode of No Strings, nothing crazy or funny, but it's always fun to see the normal human side of the players. :)

surfpinky
02-20-2006, 12:05 AM
now I want to see his house.
thanks deb! [:!

Deboogle!.
02-20-2006, 12:09 AM
if you're nice I might be able to find room at the end of the tape with the other stuff ;)

surfpinky
02-20-2006, 12:13 AM
;)

deb is the prettiest creature alive.
d:

Deboogle!.
02-20-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm a CREATURE?????? :crying2:

surfpinky
02-20-2006, 02:17 AM
A BEAUTIFUL CREATURE!
A CREATURE OF BEAUTY!
A SEXAY CREATURE
THAT I LOVE :kiss:
oy why did I say creature |:
d:

02-20-2006, 03:02 AM
I would love to see his house also! Club, huh? I hope that doesn't get rumors started :p

Deboogle!.
02-20-2006, 03:10 AM
By club, I meant tennis club......

02-20-2006, 03:18 AM
By club, I meant tennis club......
Robby owns a tennis club? I thought Robby's parents' owned a tennis club :confused: I guess there is enough money in that family :eek:

Deboogle!.
02-20-2006, 03:26 AM
Robby bought, at least in part, the Old Towne Athletic Club

http://www.otac.net/

Perhaps it's a family endeavor but he spoke about it as if it were HIS

02-20-2006, 03:50 AM
Robby bought, at least in part, the Old Towne Athletic Club

http://www.otac.net/

Perhaps it's a family endeavor but he spoke about it as if it were HIS
Well I remember reading somewhere that his family owned a tennis club in Marietta, Ga., but I don't think the name of the club was given. If it was I can't remember it so I have no idea if it is the same club?

superpinkone37
02-20-2006, 05:14 AM
interesting.

Fee
02-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Robby owns the club, his family runs it for him. Did they show Bobby Reynold's room in that house? Bet that was a toxic mess! :lol: Robby bought that house with the money he won playing Superset tennis in 2003. Smart choice.

Deb, is there room on the end of my tape? :D

Deboogle!.
02-20-2006, 07:08 PM
They showed the outside to Bobby's room ;)

He had all kinds of Superset things around - a poster in the stairwell and the trophy right in the living room so I guess he appreciated it :lol:

And I guess a couple years ago, 1/4 mil would be enough for payments on a house like that in Georgia :lol:

I'm sure there is ;) For Andy's too, which is heeeeelarious

02-20-2006, 07:40 PM
You know I'm the type of person that mistakenly feels like I know someone just because I'm a fan of that person. Some of what Deb told was shown on that TV show just didn't fit "my image" of Robby at all! That's another reason I need The Tennis Channel! I would have loved to have seen the show for myself. Not that Deb didn't do a good job telling about the show because she did :) But somethings I just like seeing for myself!

Deboogle!.
02-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Like what? I dunno, this portrayal of Robby was pretty much exactly as I imagined him to be off-court and exactly what I observed of him at the tourneys I've gone to...

02-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Like what? I dunno, this portrayal of Robby was pretty much exactly as I imagined him to be off-court and exactly what I observed of him at the tourneys I've gone to...
Well I of course haven't been to any Tournaments to see him in person and a lot of what you said did fit "my image" of Robby perfectly. But the black and gray bedroom, huge hot tub with colored lights and a waterfall
just somehow didn't fit "my image" of Robby. Maybe a huge hot tub, but not with colored lights and a waterfall :eek: And a black and gray bedroom, wouldn't that be depressing? So as I said a lot of things fit "my image", but a few didn't.

Deboogle!.
02-20-2006, 08:10 PM
I like black and gray - to me they're sleek and modern colors and that's how his bedroom was decorated. I didn't think depressing when I saw it. The whole house isn't that color just the bedroom. It looked very manly :lol:

It's entirely possible the lights in the hottub were done for the tv show.

The thing I thought was funny was the club-like room he had with all these cushions and curtains and stuff. That's a little fruity :lol:

02-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Well since I am by no means an expert in men's bedrooms :angel: I was just thinking of my brother's room.
He also has some black and gray in his room. But the black and gray is mixed with a little red and white in plaid
drapes and his bedspread matches his drapes. His walls are white and his carpet is red. It makes for a bright cheerful room. Yet I don't think it looks girlish in anyway.

superpinkone37
02-20-2006, 11:32 PM
Well since I am by no means an expert in men's bedrooms :angel: :(.

Deboogle!.
02-20-2006, 11:34 PM
I didn't suggest that color made something effeminate, merely that Robby's bedroom was manly and not depressing. :shrug:

Deboogle!.
02-20-2006, 11:34 PM
:(.What, not everyone can practically live in one like you :o:rolleyes:

superpinkone37
02-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Well..

Deboogle!.
02-20-2006, 11:46 PM
YEA THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT BIATCH.

superpinkone37
02-20-2006, 11:48 PM
I don't appreciate this rudeness. Perhaps I should take refuge in some man's bedroom. ;)

02-20-2006, 11:57 PM
I don't appreciate this rudeness. Perhaps I should take refuge in some man's bedroom. ;)
I have vCash on Vince. I won money betting on him at Delray Beach so I hope he will help me out now :)

02-21-2006, 12:02 AM
I didn't suggest that color made something effeminate, merely that Robby's bedroom was manly and not depressing. :shrug:
Of course that is one of the problems about hearing something instead of actually seeing it for yourself. If I had The Tennis Channel and could have seen it for myself
I might feel the same way you do about it. But just hearing black and gray sounds depressing to me. Then again black and gray aren't my favorite colors anyway so maybe I'm projecting that on Robby's choice of color which, of course, I shouldn't do.

superpinkone37
02-21-2006, 12:06 AM
I have vCash on Vince. I won money betting on him at Delray Beach so I hope he will help me out now :)I am so very glad for you@!!!!^%@$^

02-21-2006, 12:17 AM
I am so very glad for you@!!!!^%@$^
Believe me with my vBetting record I need all the help I can get :eek:

superpinkone37
02-21-2006, 12:22 AM
Well, if you can depend on anyone, it's Vince.

02-21-2006, 12:25 AM
Well, if you can depend on anyone, it's Vince.
He hasn't let me down yet which I can't say about some of the other players I have bet on :)