The "OMG HE WON FIVE MATCHES IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Spring US Season thread! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "OMG HE WON FIVE MATCHES IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Spring US Season thread!

Pages : [1] 2

Deboogle!.
01-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Only a week til Mardy returns, hopefully this time for good!!! It'll be a long way back, since he's only a few weeks short of qualifying for injury protection (if only he hadn't tried to play the USO:().

He's playing Delray, then I imagine he will get WCs for San Jose, Memphis, and Vegas, and hopefully IW and Miami too.

C'mon Mardy, show us you did a lot of hard work during your time off :bounce:

surfpinky
01-24-2006, 01:26 AM
:banana:

aceit
01-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Spring? February isn't spring. :p

But YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! :D

Deboogle!.
01-24-2006, 09:27 PM
:ras: That is generally what the season is referred to..... pshhhhh *talk to the hand*

pieross
01-25-2006, 12:31 PM
yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
Mardy welcome back!!
i cant wait to see you on count again......
counting the days...

Aleksa's Laydee
01-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Lets Go Mardy Lets Go!!!

Jennay
01-26-2006, 12:09 AM
MARDY!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

Carito_90
01-26-2006, 12:11 AM
MAAAAAAAAAAAARDAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! YAY!

I miss him. I hope he can make a comeback like James did or something like that. (please don't let this jinx him. :sobbing: )

aceit
01-26-2006, 01:40 AM
Caro, I think you possibly jinxing him is the least of his problems. :p

surfpinky
01-26-2006, 10:55 PM
lol

omc I can't wait! mardy! :banana:

aceit
01-26-2006, 11:31 PM
4 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited
Now he has to win a match :p

surfpinky
01-26-2006, 11:39 PM
DAMNIT, IF HE LOSES IN THE FIRST ROUND, I WILL DRIVE DOWN THERE AND KICK HIS BUTT.
|:

-sOfia-
01-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Camaawwn Mardy.

Deboogle!.
01-28-2006, 03:45 AM
aww, mardy's gonna be on a radio thing tomorrow that's broadcast online. I won't be here to hear it so maybe someone can tell us about it
================
On Eve Of Return, Fish To Appear On Tennis Live Online

By Tennis Week
01/27/2006

Sidelined for much of last season after undergoing surgery on his left wrist, Mardy Fish will launch his comeback at the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships next week. You can ask Fish about his return to tournament tennis, the state of his health and game and his plans for the 2006 season and listen to his reply tomorrow.

Fish, who has been training daily under the guidance of fitness guru Pat Etcheberry in Saddlebrook, Florida, will appear on Tennisliveonline.com tomorrow (Saturday) at 1 p.m. Eastern time. Tennisliveonline.com is a one-hour tennis show devoted to tennis. The show is broadcast on two AM radio stations — 1510 The Zone (Sporting News Radio in Boston) and 1320 The Drive (Sporting News Radio Providence) — and web cast online at Tennisliveonline.com. You can email your questions for Fish to Tennisliveonline.com now or phone (866) 337-ZONE (9663) at 1 p.m. on Saturday to talk tennis. Registration to the web site is free.

"We want the show to be a standard sports talk radio show where people can email questions and comments and call in live to talk tennis," host Todd Skovron told Tennis Week today. "So we're encouraging all tennis fans to email and call us. If you want to send questions for Mardy Fish, talk Australian Open, talk about Baghdatis, talk about Hingis, that's great. We want it to be an interactive show."

Past guests have included Jim Courier, Taylor Dent, Mary Joe Fernandez, Hall of Fame writer and Tennis Week senior feature writer Bud Collins. Archived segments of those interviews are available at Tennisliveonline.com.

The 24-year-old Fish, who reached a career-high rank of No. 17 in March of 2004, appeared poised for a breakthrough that year as he advanced to the Athens Olympic Games gold medal match and held a lead before bowing to Chile's Nicolas Massu. Fish helped the United States reach the Davis Cup final in December of 2004 in Seville, Spain where the Americans were overwhelmed by former No. 1 Carlos Moya and a rising teenager named Rafael Nadal, who played the type of tennis that would propel him to the Roland Garros title just six months later.

Preparing for his return to the pro circuit, Fish has been hitting with his friend, James Blake, near his Tampa home this week. Prior to his wrist surgery, Fish's questionable conditioning had slowed his progress, but Blake told Tennis Week in a conference call today Fish has been devoted to a rigorous workout regimen with Etcheberry in Saddlebrook.

"I hit with him the last few days here in Tampa. He's hitting the ball well. He's very excited to get back on the road and go to Delray Beach, and he's looking better," Blake said of Fish. "That's something that I think will just take a little time to get back. But he's in much better shape than he was when he played a few years ago. He's been working out at Saddlebrook very religiously. He's been up at six a.m. and working out and going for extra jogs and everything he can. I definitely sympathize with him because I remember the times when you don't have a tournament coming up and you're injured or sick and you can't do anything else and you want to get back. It sometimes manifests in working out and getting into better shape and knowing that hopefully it's going to help you out in the long run. I think it'll help him out in the long run because he's in better shape, and that breeds confidence when he works harder. He definitely feels like he's worked harder over the last couple months that most of the guys who are on Tour. I think that's definitely going to help him."

Blake, who strengthened his stamina during his time off from tennis as he recovered from a fractured vertebrae in his neck, said Fish will inevitably go through a transition period upon his initial return as he accumulates more match play.

" It's going to take time because no matter how good you are or how hard you've worked, there's no substitute for playing matches," Blake said. "I think he needs to get a few matches in, and then once he gets a little bit of confidence in match play, I think he's going to get that ranking right back up there."

surfpinky
01-28-2006, 05:11 PM
is it working for anyone? It's not working for me. ):

surfpinky
01-28-2006, 05:14 PM
I even registered. ugh

PinkFeatherBoa
01-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Draw:

(1WC) AGASSI, Andre USA v MELLO, Ricardo BRA
REYNOLDS, Bobby USA v DELGADO, Ramon PAR
PHAU, Bjorn GER v GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP
Qualifier v (5) MOODIE, Wesley RSA

(3) MALISSE, Xavier BEL v (WC) SARGSIAN, Sargis ARM
GIMELSTOB, Justin USA v UDOMCHOKE, Danai THA
MARACH, Oliver AUT v SAULNIER, Cyril FRA
BERRER, Michael GER v (6) MAYER, Florian GER

(7) MULLER, Gilles LUX v Qualifier
Qualifier v SABAU, Razvan ROM
PATIENCE, Olivier FRA v PAVEL, Andrei ROM
KUNITSYN, Igor RUS v (4) HAAS, Tommy GER

(8) SPADEA, Vincent USA v WANG, Yeu-Tzuoo TPE
Qualifier v KIM, Kevin USA
(WC) FISH, Mardy USA v GREUL, Simon GER
LEE, Hyung-Taik KOR v (2) GINEPRI, Robby USA

Good luck Mardy!!!

Deboogle!.
01-29-2006, 12:21 AM
:eek: mardy might win a match!!!

Then Robby will crush him :(

pieross
01-29-2006, 01:06 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhh...Mardy win a match is enough,i should think like that...
but 2nd r...
why is robby...

aceit
01-29-2006, 01:33 AM
WHAT?
MARDY CAN WIN A MATCH?
I'M EXICTED!!!!!

But I shouldn't get ahead of myself yet. :p

Aleksa's Laydee
01-29-2006, 02:13 PM
The draws still hate mardy :sobbing: good luck mardy

Deboogle!.
01-29-2006, 06:01 PM
A Fish out of water no more

Two wrist surgeries kept American off the court for months. He's ready to return.

By Harvey Fialkov
Staff writer

January 29, 2006

DELRAY BEACH · Seemingly leaner:yeah: and blonder:hearts:, Mardy Fish sounded far older than 24.

"When you get injured like that and out for that long," said Fish, while applying ice to his left wrist after a practice session at the Delray Beach Tennis Center Saturday:awww:, "it makes you realize how valuable every year is and how much you miss it, and how short tennis careers are.

"I'm already 24 and have to savor every year.":)

Fish is coming off two wrist surgeries and will be making his 2006 debut at the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships.

Fish noticed the legendary Andre Agassi, 35, the top seed of a 32-player field in the ITC who will take on Ricardo Mello Monday night, walking around and shook his head.

"That won't be me. Definitely," he said.:(

Fish, who like Agassi accepted a wild card into the ITC after missing the Australian Open because of injury, has seen his ranking plummet from a career-high 17 in 2004 to 247, out of the top 100 for the first time since 2001. His first surgery came in May after a practice session in Rome, and then during a match at Indianapolis he heard the pop again. Same wrist. Same injury.

"Week by week I waited for it to get better. What was most frustrating was I never was given a timetable," said Fish, who was 6-11 last year and finally agreed to another surgery after barely being able to hold his trademark two-handed backhand with his left hand at the U.S. Open.:sad:

"There were days and weeks I didn't want to be near the court because I knew I was four months away from playing Delray Beach, but luckily I stuck with the off-court stuff.":yeah::D

Fish has been training with renowned fitness guru Pat Etcheberry at Saddlebrook near his home in Tampa and has reduced his weight from 190 to 182 and his body fat from 15 to 8 percent.:eek: :yeah:

"My goal was to come back a better player than when I left," said Fish, who will play Germany's Simon Greul in the first round. "I'm stronger and in much better shape and moving better. We'll see how I play after I get a few matches in.":D:D:D

Just like his contemporary Robby Ginepri, the knock on the 6-foot-2 Fish was that he slacked off in the conditioning department after enjoying early success in 2003 when he was ranked 20th after winning his first and only ATP singles title (at Stockholm).

"I think they both realize how much better they are when they're more fit," said Scott Humphries, Fish's coach. "Mardy needs not to be tough on himself but have a short memory until he's in match shape."

Other than No. 3-ranked Andy Roddick, his former housemate and classmate while at Boca Prep, Fish was ranked ahead of his American peers such as Ginepri (No. 18), James Blake (No. 22) and Taylor Dent (No. 31) a few years ago.

Now, he's the forgotten American:hug::hug:, particularly after Blake's and Ginepri's meteoric climb up the rankings last summer when they reached the quarterfinals and semifinals of the U.S. Open, respectively.

"It's a lot of what have you done for me lately, and I haven't done anything lately," said Fish, who lost the 2003 final here to Jan-Michael Gambill. "I don't worry about that kind of stuff and don't mind if people recognize me or not. I love those guys and am out there having a good time."

Fish said he took confidence from Blake's amazing comeback from a broken neck and disease that caused partial paralysis in his face and blurry vision to rise from 210 to 25 last year.

"I wanted to be with James so bad it was tough to watch on TV or check results," Fish said of his neighbor and poker pal. "James wasn't even able to hit a ball. I could do everything except hit my two-handed backhand, a shot I need.

"Sure, watching James come back so quickly and even Kimmy Clijsters the same thing from her wrist injury gives me hope that I could come back even quicker. I have to keep it in perspective.

"I remember joking with James after he won Stockholm. Now his picture is on the wall with past champions, there with me and some other guy [Thomas Johansson]."

Fish is hoping to add plenty of similar pictures before he puts down his racket for good.:D

Jennay
01-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Awwwww, Mardy! :hug: :hug:

Hey, one W is a start (hopefully :p). He might give Robby trouble, who knows. :D

Breakaway
01-30-2006, 03:11 AM
WooHoo Vamos, Davai, Гоод Луцк! , Bone Chance ( i think that is good luck?? :confused: ) Mardy! :D :bounce:

Deboogle!.
01-30-2006, 04:09 AM
Mardy plays his first match back tomorrow (Monday) night, last match on Center Court after a 5:30pm EST Start.

GOOD LUCK MARDY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just stay healthy, k? :)

Aleksa's Laydee
01-30-2006, 12:00 PM
yay mardys baaack :lol: Goooooooooooooooo MARDY

pieross
01-30-2006, 02:06 PM
goooooooooooooooo Mardy!fingers crossed...
let me see a match between u and Robby...

Breakaway
01-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Will we have live scores???

Deboogle!.
01-30-2006, 06:36 PM
I think the tourney has the ATP-powered scoreboard, let's hope they get it working

Breakaway
01-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Ugh, that didn't work for me last time... :( Maybe somone in the chat thread will have it...

aceit
01-30-2006, 09:41 PM
YAY FOR MARDY! Thanks for the article, Deb. It was nice reading. I'm glad he's gotten into better shape. :) And that he sounds real optomistic. :D I just hope he'll be at Saddlebrook during late April because I'll be there then.

Ahhh he's playing soon!!!! I'm sooooo excited.

Deboogle!.
01-31-2006, 01:36 AM
Mardy lost 3-6 3-6

His serve #s were particularly awful, he probably just hasn't got confidence and his match rhythm yet.

Please ask for a WC into the Dallas challenger next week, Mardy :( So you can maybe win some matches and get some freaking confidence. :hug:

Breakaway
01-31-2006, 01:43 AM
Yeah, it seems he just needs match practice (I hope). Maybe a challenger would be good, but I don't see him entering...

aceit
01-31-2006, 01:45 AM
yeah mardy
what deb said :p

but I don't see him entering...
well he's going to have to because pretty soon my atp ranking will be higher than his if he doesn't gain confidence and win matches

Deboogle!.
01-31-2006, 01:57 AM
Mardy's gonna have no choice but to play challengers after early April, he won't get into any tourneys and tourneys in other countries won't give him a WC so he'll have no choice lol

surfpinky
01-31-2006, 02:55 AM
):

Deboogle!.
01-31-2006, 04:30 AM
From an AP article, goodish news I guess
================
Mardy Fish, returning to the tour following two operations on his left wrist last season, suffered a frustrating 6-3, 6-3 loss to Simon Greul of Germany.

``It wasn't the wrist. I think it was the rust,'' said Fish, who hadn't played a match since losing in the first round of the 2005 U.S. Open.

Noelle
01-31-2006, 05:57 AM
Poor Mardy. :sad:

pieross
01-31-2006, 11:15 AM
does anyone got the pics of Mardy in this match?
i find them almost everywhere...but no result..

Deboogle!.
01-31-2006, 08:11 PM
If you wanna listen to Mardy's interview from this past weekend, here's the link

http://www.tennisliveonline.com/Members/broadcast/tennis_live_1_28_06.wax

Scroll ahead to about 43 min into the audio :)

I'm gad to hear he's gonna try to qualify for San Jose!

surfpinky
01-31-2006, 08:13 PM
mardy! :hug:

Jennay
02-01-2006, 12:02 AM
It's alright. He was bound to have some rust. Hopefully he'll be smart and enter challengers. :)
well he's going to have to because pretty soon my atp ranking will be higher than his if he doesn't gain confidence and win matches
:haha:

pieross
02-01-2006, 06:06 PM
thx deb.
I think every match will help him back to the count...

aceit
02-02-2006, 12:12 AM
I hope so. :)

Thanks for that, Deb. It was nice hearing his voice even though I haven't seen him play since he played Roger last year (in Miami?)

Deboogle!.
02-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Yea Lauren, I know :(

Also, yesterday in the Davis Cup Press conference, PMac said Mardy will be there as a hitting partner with the guys til he goes up to qualify for San Jose. It's a short flight from San Diego up north and qualies sign-in isn't til 9pm so hopefully he will be there Friday morning for the matches so we can seeeeeee him :p

Aleksa's Laydee
02-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Mardy :sad: :hug:

Deboogle!.
02-08-2006, 08:07 PM
So Mardy got the WC for San Jose and Sarge will play qualies instead!!

from Bob Larson

Fish replaces Sargsian as San Jose wildcard
February 8, 2006 (SAP Open) – The SAP Open announced today that Mardy Fish will receive a singles wildcard entry into the 2006 SAP Open singles draw. Fish replaces original wildcard recipient, Sargis Sargsian, who will play in the SAP Open Qualifying Tournament.

Selfishly, maybe this will mean Mardy will stay in La Jolla for Davis Cup a bit longer :angel:

surfpinky
02-08-2006, 08:51 PM
:banana: and there better be some good pics coming from la jolla :banana:
eep, why did sargi give up his wildcard. |:

surfpinky
02-08-2006, 09:49 PM
mardy's website says he will stay in la jolla until saturday. [:!

PinkFeatherBoa
02-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Until Saturday = (:

Natty, there will surely be good pics, I have made a point of packing my camera. It's ready charged. (;

Glad Mardy managed to smuggle Sarge's WC, when he was busy looking for his stick. ;)

Deboogle!.
02-08-2006, 11:22 PM
And I'm just bringing my charger and laptop with me to dump them out every night :haha:

Saturday, EXCELLENT!!!!!!

surfpinky
02-09-2006, 12:00 AM
hehehe have fun guys!!! HARASS MARDY IF YOU CAN! hee hee

tangerine_dream
02-09-2006, 05:06 PM
from Bob Larson
Fish replaces Sargsian as San Jose wildcard
February 8, 2006 (SAP Open) – The SAP Open announced today that Mardy Fish will receive a singles wildcard entry into the 2006 SAP Open singles draw. Fish replaces original wildcard recipient, Sargis Sargsian, who will play in the SAP Open Qualifying Tournament.

After the Delray Beach thing, this is rather ironic don't you think? :lol:

And as if the tension between Mardy and Andre weren't bad enough. Now Andre's buddy gets his wc yanked from him to give to Mardy. Hoo boy. I feel a cold breeze coming our way. :scared:

Deboogle!.
02-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Maybe Sarge voluntarily gave it up? :shrug:

surfpinky
02-09-2006, 10:56 PM
I thought the tension that was between mardy and andre was in the past. |:
is there still tension? |:

surfpinky
02-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Maybe Sarge voluntarily gave it up? :shrug:
I hope so.

he did retire...why is he coming "back" |:

Jennay
02-10-2006, 01:19 AM
Um, ignoramus to the tension between Andre/Mardy.

But yay, wildcards! AND YAY PICS FROM LA JOLLA! =)

Aleksa's Laydee
02-10-2006, 10:49 AM
yay get mardy piccies girls ;)

aceit
02-11-2006, 02:17 AM
if you guys get pictures i'll do a dance

renee_chin
02-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Mardy gets Andrew Murray in 1R to set up a potential 2R match agains James. :unsure:

http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2006/424/MDS.pdf

Jennay
02-11-2006, 02:37 AM
:scared:

Thanks, Renee. :hug:

Deboogle!.
02-11-2006, 04:09 AM
We got pics and Mardy is fucking hot.

renee_chin
02-11-2006, 05:28 AM

Can't wait! :bounce:

It's been too long....

pieross
02-11-2006, 05:53 AM
someone is going to dance then.... :p
ahhhhhhh....
i love WC recently... :p

Deboogle!.
02-11-2006, 02:42 PM
;)

aceit
02-11-2006, 06:30 PM
That second picture shows the true beauty of Mardy.

THANK YOU SO MUCH DEB!

And rawr, I hope Mardy can win against Andy because then...well...FLAKE WOULD PLAY EACH OTHER! It's not as good as them as a team, but hey, I just want to see Mardy win a match now. :/

surfpinky
02-11-2006, 09:37 PM
;lsdjfkljsdf lksdjflksdj f:hearts:

thanks deb :hug:

Aleksa's Laydee
02-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Mardy gets Andrew Murray in 1R to set up a potential 2R match agains James. :unsure:

http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2006/424/MDS.pdf

WHAT!?!?!?! He's going to get whipped :sad: :mad: :o :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Aleksa's Laydee
02-11-2006, 11:08 PM
deb those pics are hooooot :D:D

Deboogle!.
02-12-2006, 02:20 AM
That second picture shows the true beauty of Mardy.Sure, Mardy the terrorist ;)

I took many more pics today :p He was icing his wrist and someone was massaging it a lot :( Hopefully it's normal therapy :unsure:

Jennay
02-12-2006, 03:24 AM
Mardy :drool :drool: :drool: :hearts:

aceit
02-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Sure, Mardy the terrorist ;)

I took many more pics today :p He was icing his wrist and someone was massaging it a lot :( Hopefully it's normal therapy :unsure:
That's so bad. :p

YAY FOR MORE PICTURES!

Aleksa's Laydee
02-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Mardy plays Andy last on court today...Goooooooooo MARDY

aceit
02-13-2006, 09:10 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MARDY!!!

Too bad I'm really lacking sleep or else I'd stay up to follow the match.

tangerine_dream
02-13-2006, 09:46 PM
GOOD LUCK TONIGHT MARDY! :bounce: It won't be easy :scared:

ps - Deb, I told you he was hot in person :drool:

Deboogle!.
02-14-2006, 01:27 AM
LOL Tangy, I've seen Mardy many times before this weekend :p ;) :hearts:

Aleksa's Laydee
02-14-2006, 10:16 AM
A. Murray 6 6
M. Fish 2 2
:sobbing:

aceit
02-14-2006, 10:59 AM
:(

Now start playing some challengers Mardy!

pieross
02-14-2006, 11:48 AM
i wonder when he can win a match... :(
yay,he should play some challengers,then he could feel how to win.. :o

Golfnduck
02-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Mardy :sad: He keeps getting bad draws. I agree that he should play a few challengers to get his game back.

Deboogle!.
02-14-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm sure he will after he stops being able to get WCs into US tourneys, come April or so. He just needs time, he's a momentum/confidence player, some players can do well after long layoffs, I don't think Mardy's that kind of guy - especially with his serve it's all so much in his head. He just has to not get down about it and keep talking to James and stuff and it will come.

surfpinky
02-14-2006, 03:06 PM
:(

tangerine_dream
02-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Ugh. Poor Mardy gets flattened by a kid with bad teeth and a 'fro. :sad:

I agree with everyone who said that Mardy should do challengers. There's no shame in that. He's been out for so long that his ranking is certain to draw him up against a top player like Roger in the first round of a major tournament and that's a guaranteed loss.

Playing challengers will allow him to get back in the groove and find his game and confidence again.

Deboogle!.
02-14-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm sure he will do challengers, but if he is getting the WCs into the main tour events he should play those while he can. Memphis has a weaker field next week, maybe he can get lucky and get a soft draw for a couple rounds. Of course, his first round in Delray was soft, too but yeah

:hug:

Jennay
02-16-2006, 01:39 AM
Mardy :( Challengerssss =)

Deboogle!.
02-16-2006, 02:36 AM
More DC Pics up - lots of Mardy

http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/748/perpage/24/sortby/f/way/asc

simpletennis
02-16-2006, 03:42 AM
i went to the SAP open last night, and guess who was having an autograph session!! mardy! omg, he was so sweet.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e127/bradpittonoprah/DSC01024.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e127/bradpittonoprah/meandmardysapopen2006.jpg

Deboogle!.
02-16-2006, 04:01 AM
aw, cool! :D

MissFairy
02-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Simpletennis, that's so awesome (: :yeah:

surfpinky
02-16-2006, 08:05 PM
awesometastic [:!

aceit
02-17-2006, 12:17 AM
Simpletennis, I'm beyond jealous! That's so cool!

FishLover4
02-17-2006, 12:27 AM
AHHH fun! was he nice? was his girlfriend there? i have a friend who went and said he was with a blonde girl walking around... but i thought he and his girlfriend had broken up????

surfpinky
02-17-2006, 03:44 AM
AHHH fun! was he nice? was his girlfriend there? i have a friend who went and said he was with a blonde girl walking around... but i thought he and his girlfriend had broken up????
that could have been his sister, I believe she was there.

Deboogle!.
02-17-2006, 04:27 AM
Yeah Mardy's sister Meredith was in San Jose with him.

FishLover4
02-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Really? Did anyone meet her?

Deboogle!.
02-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Yes, Fee is one of the drivers there this week and I think she said she spoke very briefly with her. I saw Meredith with Mardy last summer in LA, she's very pretty and seems like a nice normal girl, they are very close so it's no surprise she accompanies him sometimes.

Here, I remembered i took pics last summer when they were watching one of Mardy's buddies in qualifying. First one is with their mom, she's the pretty one in the green tank top. click for bigger. You can see that they look alike :)

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/P1000617.JPG (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=12203)http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/P1000583.JPG (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=12188)

FishLover4
02-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Fee is a driver? Wow that would be so much fun to do. She is so lucky to meet Mardy!!!! I wonder if she drove him...

Deboogle!.
02-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I believe she did at some point. Most of the drivers drive most of the players at a particular tourney.

Deboogle!.
02-18-2006, 03:28 AM
oh NO!!! on TTC during Andy's match at san jose they said he will play Mardy in the first round of Memphis.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Aleksa's Laydee
02-18-2006, 10:44 AM
oh NO!!! on TTC during Andy's match at san jose they said he will play Mardy in the first round of Memphis.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

your joking right? that sucks so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :( :( :(

Deboogle!.
02-18-2006, 02:37 PM
I really really really wish I were joking. :(

MissFairy
02-18-2006, 02:51 PM

What's with the crap draws?! :sobbing: ):

aceit
02-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Tell me that this will atleast be on tv...

Deboogle!.
02-18-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm sorry, I don't think so :( Certainly not the first round.

TTC Doesn't have coverage of memphis at all :(

aceit
02-18-2006, 05:32 PM
This has got to be a cruel joke.
No coverage of Andy vs Mardy AND in the first round?
Rawrrrr.

Deboogle!.
02-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah :( Then again if Mardy plays like it sounds like he's been playing in his first two matches, we don't wanna see it.

simpletennis
02-18-2006, 08:10 PM
argh, that's horrible!!!!!!

-sOfia-
02-19-2006, 06:07 AM
:scared: :eek: Sucks ass.

aceit
02-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Hmm so Murray beat Roddick & Hewitt in his final matches in San Jose. My theory is that that the reason he did so was because he got the confidence from beating Mardy first round...don't you agree? ;)

So atleast the the guy Mardy lost to won the tournament. :p

surfpinky
02-20-2006, 01:15 AM
I agree, lauren. [:

Deboogle!.
02-20-2006, 05:05 AM
Mardy's the ATP Blogger of the week!

http://www.atptennis.com/en/blog/fish.asp

Maia
02-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Mardy's the ATP Blogger of the week!

http://www.atptennis.com/en/blog/fish.asp

That's so cool!!!
Good choice, ATP :worship:

Annoying draw :mad: good luck Mardy and GO FLAKE!

Aleksa's Laydee
02-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Hmm so Murray beat Roddick & Hewitt in his final matches in San Jose. My theory is that that the reason he did so was because he got the confidence from beating Mardy first round...don't you agree? ;)

So atleast the the guy Mardy lost to won the tournament. :p
i like that theory alot :lol:

Deboogle!.
02-21-2006, 12:10 AM
match is tomorrow night at 6:30 pm central :awww:

aceit
02-21-2006, 12:31 AM
The relaunch has been moved to

Tuesday, February 21st, 12 noon EST.

Please check back then.

WTF I need my mardytennis.com :p

Deboogle!.
02-21-2006, 12:37 AM
gee, this better be good lol

surfpinky
02-21-2006, 01:13 AM
It better be.

simpletennis
02-21-2006, 03:26 AM
yea, they said they were "remodeling" it or whatever. it better look nice

simpletennis
02-21-2006, 05:56 AM
i love his blog on the atp site, he signs it Fishy. ain't that cute.

aceit
02-21-2006, 03:22 PM
I saw Andy for the first time today. We said ‘hi’ and then we said, “Okay, don’t talk to me anymore.”
:lol:

Aleksa's Laydee
02-21-2006, 10:18 PM
The relaunch has been moved to

Tuesday, February 21st, 12 noon EST.

Please check back then.

WTF I need my mardytennis.com :p

its still not up yet :sobbing:

Aleksa's Laydee
02-21-2006, 10:18 PM
I saw Andy for the first time today. We said ‘hi’ and then we said, “Okay, don’t talk to me anymore.”
:lol:
hilarious :haha:

Deboogle!.
02-21-2006, 10:20 PM
its still not up yet :sobbing:
Due to unforeseen issues,

the relaunch has been moved to

February 22nd at the latest.

Please check back soon.

:shrug: :lol:

Jennay
02-21-2006, 11:37 PM
LOL, they're turning into AR.com. ;)

I want Mardy/Andy!! :banana:

aceit
02-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Aw Mardy was holding serve so well...

for two games

aceit
02-22-2006, 01:21 AM
HE WON A SET! :eek:

If he wins the match, Jen and I are going streaking.

aceit
02-22-2006, 02:00 AM
6-3, 6-7(5), 7-6(2)

good try mardy

Deboogle!.
02-22-2006, 02:37 AM
Mardy :hug:

-sOfia-
02-22-2006, 03:02 AM
Mardy. :sad: :hug:

simpletennis
02-22-2006, 03:12 AM
mardy played well, or at least from the score it looks like that. good job.

simpletennis
02-22-2006, 03:13 AM
LOL, they're turning into AR.com. ;)

I want Mardy/Andy!! :banana:

ugh, ar.com goes into construction mode like every month. at least this is like the first or second time for mardy's site

Deboogle!.
02-22-2006, 03:21 AM
Short audio from Mardy

http://wm.atptennis-global.speedera.net/wm.atptennis-global/fish_memphis2.wma

:hug:

he said his wrist held up ok that is really encouraging :)

Aleksa's Laydee
02-22-2006, 01:40 PM
yeah i just listened to it ^^ haven't heard mardy speaking in ages :hearts:

Aleksa's Laydee
02-22-2006, 01:41 PM
6-3, 6-7(5), 7-6(2)

good try mardy

sooooooooo close :sad: :sad:

liptea
02-22-2006, 01:51 PM
is there still tension? |:

sexual tension.

tangerine_dream
02-22-2006, 04:15 PM
sexual tension.

Mardy gave Andy a good fight out there, and played better than he did. I'm enjoying his blog too. I hope he and James don't futz out of doubles now.

Deboogle!.
02-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Flake's playing a great team, though, Gimelstob/Huss - I dunno if they've ever played together much before, but they're two really good doubles players.

but with the new scoring, anyone has a chance :lol:

GO FLAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

liptea
02-22-2006, 06:22 PM
mardy's hot again!

surfpinky
02-22-2006, 08:34 PM
mardy's site is up!

surfpinky
02-22-2006, 08:35 PM
sexual tension.
I love that

Jennay
02-22-2006, 11:21 PM
:sobbing: :crying2: :sad:
So close. I'm glad his wrist held up. :hug:

Go Flake!! :banana:
sexual tension.
mardy's hot again!
Did he ever stop? :p

Kaia
02-23-2006, 06:25 AM
hey i cant hear the audio coz i hav an apple computer. does anyone have any audio or video clips of Mardy coz i hav never heard his voice! I know its terrible but i really want to hear it. Thanks!

Aleksa's Laydee
02-23-2006, 12:19 PM
I just saw Mardys piccies on his blog...mmmmmmmmmmm :hearts: :inlove:

Deboogle!.
02-26-2006, 12:15 AM
Mardy will play a qualifier in Vegas! Maybe he can win a match!!!

PinkFeatherBoa
02-26-2006, 12:29 AM
Woot, go Mardy!!!

aceit
02-26-2006, 12:42 AM
Woot woot!

Deboogle!.
02-26-2006, 01:32 AM
And he's playing doubles with Robby - but they play #2 seeds Bjorkman/Mirnyi in first round :(

Fee
02-26-2006, 02:58 AM
Finepri!!!!!!!

aceit
02-26-2006, 03:02 AM
FINEPRI WILL CONQUER ALL!
haha I like that name, Fee

aceit
02-28-2006, 01:15 AM
I don't know who Prakash Amritraj is, but Mardy's playing him tomorrow.
Finepri's playing tomorrow too.
GO GO GO!

Jennay
02-28-2006, 01:19 AM
GOO MARDY!! :bounce:

GOO FINEPRI :confused: :retard: :woohoo:

Deboogle!.
02-28-2006, 01:22 AM
hopefully these matches will be on tv tomorrowwwwww!!!!!!

aceit
02-28-2006, 02:42 AM
adsalkfjdsaifhasufhasduasi i hope so for your sake, deb!

emilyf114
02-28-2006, 08:03 PM
This is my first post on here. I've always known who Mardy was, but I was more of a Roddick fan until recently. I met Mardy in Memphis, and he and I got pretty close (wink, wink!!). I am now a devoted Fish fan!! I hope he can come back from the wrist surgeries and have a kick ass season!!

Good call on the name, Fee! I was at the matches in Memphis, and Fish and Blake played a truly awesome first set, and then just lost it. Let's just hope he and Ginepri don't do the same.

Deboogle!.
02-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Mardy is on my tv. he's just lovely.

Jennay
02-28-2006, 11:00 PM
OH EM GEE I hEaRt MarDe FySh!1! :hearts:

Go go gooooo :banana:

Deboogle!.
03-01-2006, 12:02 AM
6-4 7-6(4)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

aceit
03-01-2006, 12:42 AM
my name is Lauren,
and I'm excited.

surfpinky
03-01-2006, 01:04 AM
woah
woah
what?

;skldfkl;jsdfkl jsdlfjl ksdljfkljs dflksjdfklsjd f ksdfjklsjdfkljsdf klsdjfkl

-sOfia-
03-01-2006, 01:14 AM
Holy Shiat woo Marday. :woohoo:

Deboogle!.
03-01-2006, 01:19 AM
He played pretty decently. In the 2nd set he was up a break and lost it and it was a tough 2nd set and he came out and played some good stuff in the TB. At the end he seemed happy, but more RELIEVED. So obviously this is good for him :D He plays his 2nd round tomorrow, Finepri were moved to tomorrow night b/c of the schedule backup.

Jennay
03-01-2006, 01:49 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deboogle!.
03-01-2006, 02:11 AM
So he plays Tommy Robredo tomorrow afternoon. Tommy WASTED Murray 2 and 2, but Murray blew really hard. Tommy was solid and hitting really well, though. So it will be tough for Mardy :awww:

FishLover4
03-01-2006, 03:11 AM
DEB did you go??

Deboogle!.
03-01-2006, 03:15 AM
No, TV

renee_chin
03-01-2006, 08:38 AM
:)

Aleksa's Laydee
03-01-2006, 10:51 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MARDY WON!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

PinkFeatherBoa
03-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Awww wow, well done Mardy!!!!! (: (:

surfpinky
03-01-2006, 09:27 PM
thanks for the pics renee ! :hug:

Deboogle!.
03-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Mardy lost 4-6 4-6 :( Looks from the stats like he had his chances and that it was close.... his first serve % was under 50% - he was having this problem even before his injury. He reminds me of Lindsay D., in the sense that his game really flows from his first serve and if he's not getting it in, he's not gonna have much success. Maybe he needs to take a few mph off it or something to get in more than 46% or whatever, but that's not gonna cut it.

Nice effort Mardy, things are starting to look up :)

aceit
03-01-2006, 11:57 PM
Atleast he won a round and made it close in this match.
Good job Mardy, now keep on goin up!

-sOfia-
03-02-2006, 12:11 AM
Aww Mardy. :sad: Keep it up though.

Deboogle!.
03-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Finepri lost 1 and 2 tonight...... they kinda stunk :lol:

-sOfia-
03-02-2006, 03:16 AM
Then Mardy needs to stick to being team FLAKE. :p

Everyone's fucken losing. :sobbing:

Deboogle!.
03-02-2006, 03:19 AM
Yeah, FLAKE.

Mardy showed he has doubles chops for sure, but they just had no communication and were just outclassed by a far better team.

Aleksa's Laydee
03-02-2006, 04:48 PM
aww so sad that he lost :sad: was close though...

Deboogle!.
03-04-2006, 06:27 PM
as expected, Mardy got a WC for Indian Wells:D

MissFairy
03-04-2006, 06:36 PM
WHEEEEEEE!

Aleksa's Laydee
03-04-2006, 08:02 PM
:woohoo:

aceit
03-05-2006, 12:11 AM
yipee :D

Jennay
03-05-2006, 02:04 AM
:woohoo:

Deboogle!.
03-05-2006, 05:38 AM
Yeah it's good b/c what sucks is that he actually has 35 points to defend from last year, and that's scarily like 1/3 of the points he currently has :(

Horatio Caine
03-05-2006, 05:41 PM
They still haven't taken battered fish off my local chippy's menu...I wonder why :scratch: :angel:

tangerine_dream
03-05-2006, 06:39 PM
They still haven't taken battered fish off my local chippy's menu...I wonder why :scratch: :angel:
Jez, you must be reeeeeaaaally bored. :lol:

Deboogle!.
03-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Yeah, he mus be, b/c he can do better than that. :p

Horatio Caine
03-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Jez, you must be reeeeeaaaally bored. :lol:

I'm surprised Mardy isn't equally as bored as me...he does his job for less time than I go to lectures

Deboogle!.
03-06-2006, 02:05 AM
Mardy's 1 round win moved him 28 spots in the rankings - unfortunately, he defends 1/3 of his points at IW, so he REALLY has to win a match to even stay where he is (294) :awww:

Deboogle!.
03-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Mardy got a qualifier in IW! Then Volandri - totally winnable match on HC.... let's only look at that, after then it gets lots worse ;) Win 2 matches Mardy, it will do wonders for zee ranking!!!!!!!

aceit
03-07-2006, 09:28 PM
YAY!
Come on Mardy, you can do it! :yeah:

surfpinky
03-07-2006, 10:16 PM
eeeee! :banana:

PinkFeatherBoa
03-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Yes, baby steps for Mardy.

*wraps Mardy in super protective cotton wool and advises he doesn't move until his match*

OK, who wants to spoon feed Mardy? ;)
|:

ANYWAY, good luck Mardy.

Deboogle!.
03-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Mardy was not given a WC to Miami..... they gave him a WC into qualifying, GEE HOW NICE.

:mad: :fiery: :mad: :fiery: :mad: :fiery: :mad: :fiery: :mad: :fiery: :mad: :fiery: :mad: :fiery: :mad: :fiery:

Jennay
03-08-2006, 11:59 PM
FUCK YOU, MIAMI. :sad: :fiery: :smash: :ras: :( :sobbing: :mad:

aceit
03-09-2006, 02:15 AM
WTFIZZLE?

Aleksa's Laydee
03-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Good Luck tonight Mardy!!! :hug:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-11-2006, 03:17 AM
He won in 3 sets! :yeah:

PinkFeatherBoa
03-11-2006, 11:06 AM
(:

Jennay
03-11-2006, 02:06 PM
5-7 6-3 6-3

GREAT win!! :bounce: :banana:

aceit
03-11-2006, 02:18 PM
ow owwww! :D

Golfnduck
03-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Way to go Mardy!!!! :woohoo: :bigclap:

Aleksa's Laydee
03-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY :D :D :D :D :D

Aleksa's Laydee
03-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Lets beat Volandri today Mardy :D:D:D

pieross
03-12-2006, 05:37 PM
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Mardy won the 1st set!!
6-3
Come on MARDY!
keep going!!!!!!!

surfpinky
03-12-2006, 06:04 PM
MARDY WON!!!
6-3 6-2!
:banana: :woohoo: :aparty:!!!

pieross
03-12-2006, 06:06 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!
its so nice to see him get into the 3rd round!
goooooooood jooooooooooob Mardy!!!!!

aceit
03-12-2006, 06:30 PM
HELLS YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
PARTAY TIME!
MARDY WON TWO MATCHES...IN A ROW! :D :D :D

Jennay
03-12-2006, 06:39 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

-sOfia-
03-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Fishy. :banana:

Aleksa's Laydee
03-12-2006, 07:21 PM
omg yaaaaaaaaaaaay im sooooooo happy for him :D :D :D :D

surfpinky
03-12-2006, 07:29 PM
:banana:

PinkFeatherBoa
03-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Wow Mardy. :D

:bounce:

Deboogle!.
03-13-2006, 05:35 AM
He was awesome the other night and today. I have so many pics, I will post them as soon as I can. He looks so lovely with his short hair and I was really proud of his playing the other night and today and this is just great for him, he's finding his way back :D:D:D

Aleksa's Laydee
03-13-2006, 05:16 PM
He was awesome the other night and today. I have so many pics, I will post them as soon as I can.

piccies yaaaaay :worship: :woohoo:

tangerine_dream
03-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Fishy won two in a row! :woohoo:

The Fish-Nadal match should be a cracker. I really hope somebody will be able to make a torrent if it's a great match. :)

jackieglover
03-14-2006, 03:40 AM
I'm going to bet a little on Mardy to upset Nadal tomorrow :tape:

ataptc
03-14-2006, 03:43 AM
awesome that mardy won two matches :) his match against nadal should be exciting (hopefully) :)

Deboogle!.
03-14-2006, 04:14 AM
It's gonna be live on tv tomorrow night:D

MissFairy
03-14-2006, 09:25 AM
He was awesome the other night and today. I have so many pics, I will post them as soon as I can. He looks so lovely with his short hair and I was really proud of his playing the other night and today and this is just great for him, he's finding his way back :D:D:D
WOOT. :D :D

Aleksa's Laydee
03-14-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm going to bet a little on Mardy to upset Nadal tomorrow :tape:
that would be really amazing...i hope he can

tangerine_dream
03-15-2006, 02:32 AM
I haven't been this excited by a Fish match in ages. Go go go Mardy! Get your first big win of 2006 :banana:

Deboogle!.
03-15-2006, 03:48 AM
Mardy pics! :banana:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/763/page/9/sortby/f/way/asc

Breakaway
03-15-2006, 03:50 AM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MARDY!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Deboogle!.
03-15-2006, 05:02 AM
This is sad :sad:

-sOfia-
03-15-2006, 05:07 AM
Mardy. :sad: Camawn Mardy. PLS. :o

Katdiva7
03-15-2006, 05:12 AM
He's on the board now and oh so pretty, what more can I ask for?

jackieglover
03-15-2006, 05:26 AM
I'm a dreamer. Not giving up. Win this in 3 Mardy :p

alfonsojose
03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Mardy :drool:

Aleksa's Laydee
03-15-2006, 12:37 PM
awww he lost...nooo :sad: good effort though :hug:

Aleksa's Laydee
03-15-2006, 12:37 PM
thanks for the great pics deb :drool: :yeah:

Breakaway
03-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Have to look on the positive side though, this was still more than most of us expected. At least for me anyways, Good luck in Miami Mardy :D

Deboogle!.
03-15-2006, 02:17 PM
He still tried real hard :hug: His ranking will go up a bit b/c he won 2 matches instead of one. He has points to defend at Miami but I Think he has a good chance to qualify.

Then he'll hopefully enter Challengers (he'll need WCs for them but he should be able to get them in the US I hope).... that will help a lot and hopefully he'll try to qualify for Wimby too.

Breakaway
03-15-2006, 07:06 PM
I know Wimbledon, but what about Roland Garros?

Deboogle!.
03-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Maybe he'll try to qualify for that too.

-sOfia-
03-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Against Nadal

Jennay
03-15-2006, 10:35 PM
It's ok, he won two matches in a row!! :D

-sOfia-
03-16-2006, 12:14 AM
Against Nadal

Aleksa's Laydee
03-16-2006, 11:16 AM
I hope he goes for Wimbie quallies...I'l go and support him :D

Deboogle!.
03-16-2006, 09:53 PM
More pics :banana:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/764/page/6/sortby/f/way/asc

aceit
03-18-2006, 02:30 AM
Holyfreakingfish.

THANKS DEB! :D

Deboogle!.
03-18-2006, 02:37 AM
hehe :)

wait there are more

http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/765/page/1/sortby/f/way/asc

:p

Aleksa's Laydee
03-18-2006, 03:03 PM
those are wicked photos deb...especially the fist pump one!!! :worship:

Deboogle!.
03-18-2006, 07:32 PM
:D I love that one myself :)

I took a few vids, i'll upload them to one of those free sites and post the links here when I get around to it.

Saturn66
03-19-2006, 12:58 PM
cool pics!

Deboogle!.
03-20-2006, 01:35 AM
Mardy's Miami qualie draw is awful :( He drew Benneteau (#4 seed) in the first round. :(

http://www.nasdaq-100open.com/draws/qsr1s1.html

surfpinky
03-20-2006, 01:52 AM
I barf on buchholz and barret.
:awww:

acoffeygirl
03-20-2006, 03:45 AM
Boo Hiss Boo Hiss to this draw!!!!

Jennay
03-20-2006, 12:58 PM
:crying2:

Deboogle!.
03-20-2006, 08:17 PM
MARDY WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7-5 6-3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pieross
03-20-2006, 08:18 PM
yeaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!thats amzazing!!!!!!!
Come on MARDY!
go fish!

pieross
03-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Mardy will face Oliver Marach in the 2nd round...
i know nothing about Oliver Marach .....
Wish u good luck mardy!