The "Welcome to the effing TOP EIGHT, James!!!!!!!!" Spring US thread! (Davis Cup!!!) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "Welcome to the effing TOP EIGHT, James!!!!!!!!" Spring US thread! (Davis Cup!!!)

Pages : [1] 2

Deboogle!.
01-23-2006, 11:55 PM
James is playing a really full schedule starting next week - Delray, (hopefully Davis Cup), San Jose, Memphis, Vegas, IW, and Miami - that's no time off :eek:

GO JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Fee
01-24-2006, 12:11 AM
He'll have a week off, almost, before his match starts at IW, so that's kind of a break.

Go James!!!!

PaulieM
01-24-2006, 02:40 AM
GO JAMES!!!!!!

01-24-2006, 02:50 AM
While James didn't get as far as I would have liked him to at the AO I'm sure he is going to be in the Top Twenty soon :) (No American player got as far as I wanted them to at the AO :sad: )

cobalt60
01-27-2006, 01:59 AM
James- good luck and hope to catch a practice in Vegas!

Deboogle!.
01-27-2006, 08:10 PM
:D
January 27, 2006

SAP Open
San Jose, California

JAMES BLAKE

BILL RAPP: Good morning, gentlemen, my name is Bill rap. I'm the tournament director for the SAP Open. I wanted to thank you for joining us on this call with James.

A little information on James, James is currently the No. 22 player in the world, matching his previous high of No. 22 in May of '03. Just nine months ago he was ranked No. 210 in singles. He owns four singles titles and was the doubles champion here in San Jose in 2004. He turned in his best career Grand Slam finish with a quarter final appearance in the 2005 U.S. Open where he beat the No. 2 Rafael Nadal, and his set against Andre Agassi was definitely one for the ages.

James is playing the SAP Open for the sixth time, and will play his singles match on Tuesday night, February 14.

Thanks for joining us.

JAMES BLAKE: Pleasure.

Q. Last April you were ranked north of 200, and now you're almost in the top 20. What do you attribute this incredible jump to?

JAMES BLAKE: Well, unfortunately I'll attribute the drop first, which was due to injury and illness. It wasn't just that I wasn't playing well, it was more that I was hurt and wasn't able to play. Once I did get back, I felt I put in a lot of hard work. Even when I was sick, there were times when I couldn't sit around the house, I had to get out, and I was working on a few things.

There are things I've worked on to help me, and then the whole year of 2004 give me a little bit of better perspective out on the court, which has kept me a little calmer, especially in close matches, and I feel like I've got a little better attitude throughout everything now.

Then even when I was 200 in the world, I started telling a few people that I felt confident and my game was there and I felt fine, it was just a matter of getting a few matches and winning. Unfortunately nobody believed me when I was 200 in the world, and they started believing me a little bit more after New Haven and the U.S. Open.

Q. I'm sure there was a better showing there in Australia. Can you describe what your state of mind is coming out of there?

JAMES BLAKE: I definitely would have liked to have done better in the Australian Open, but it was great to play as well as I did in Sydney. Adelaide was my first round outdoors, I had been practicing indoors, so I didn't have high expectations going in there.

Going into Sydney, my second outdoor tournament of the year, playing as well as I did was great. I beat Andre Agassi:scratch: in the finals, and there was another really close match where I came out on top, which is always exciting no matter what you're playing.

Once again, when there's a tie-breaker, it doesn't matter who you are; anyone can win. It's either one or two points, and it's great to have the confidence to feel like you can win.

Going into the Australian, I felt like I was playing great going into Sydney, and I lost to a guy that was playing great tennis that day. I didn't play my best, came out a little slow. I think at the time I made the wrong adjustment. I went for my shots a little too much as opposed to the conditions were a little slower so I should have maybe pulled back a little bit.

Generally if I'm not playing well, my tendency is to attack a little more because I feel like it loosens me up and I end up playing better. This time it didn't happen.

But it's one of those matches where it seemed like each time I made a decision, it was the wrong one, and each time he made a decision, it was the right one. Those are bound to happen, and it's unfortunate it happened in a Grand Slam, but what can you do? More forward and hopefully do better now that we're back in the States.

Q. Do you feel like you're all the way back?

JAMES BLAKE: I feel like I'm all the way back, but I feel like I can keep improving. In 2004 I was improving quite a bit and I worked extremely hard to get to where I was and to continue improving then, and all the injury and illness and everything hit me, and then I had to kind of redo that.

I still felt like I was getting better and better, and last year I felt like I was back to where I was playing before that, and now I feel like I've even improved more than that, but I don't feel like I've hit a plateau quite yet. I hope I haven't, but if I have, so be it; but I've worked as hard as I can to continue the rise.

I definitely feel like, ranking aside, I'm not worried if my ranking is going higher. I'm more worried that I'm going to continue improving, and I think I have that ability.

Q. At Sydney you had an outstanding tournament like you said, and Tommy Robredo didn't, even though he was seeded higher. He went out early in straight sets to Tursunov. But then he beat you at the Australian. My question is did you look past his match on any level, thinking perhaps you're peaking pretty nice and Robredo isn't?

JAMES BLAKE: No, I didn't look at that at all. That's definitely something I did when I was younger in my career. I'd see a guy play badly a few weeks before and think they were playing terrible and assume I'm going to win. Thanks to my coach and a lot of losses from doing that before, I have realized you just can't do that to anyone.

It's funny, a lot of times when I'm playing someone, I'll look back at their record from the year before, who beat them, who they lost to and everything, and with Robredo I had beaten him three times in a row, and I looked at some of his records, and it seemed pretty awesome; it would flipflop. He would lose to someone and then beat them and then beat someone and then lose to them.

It shows how quickly it can turn around and those close a lot of the players are. Whether they're 10 or 50 in the world, I could lose to any one of them or beat any one of them. I knew just because he had lost to someone before, he wasn't going to lay down and die. He wasn't going to give up. He wasn't coming into the match thinking he was going to lose; he came into the match thinking he was going to win.

He beat Tursunov the round before after he had lost to him the week before in Sydney. I knew he was coming in ready to play and I knew he adjusted his game to be playing a little bit more aggressive, and he wasn't making errors even when he was being aggressive. I don't care what I'm ranked, I'm not going to look past someone who's ranked top 20 in the world because you can't do that. There's way too much talent in a top 20 player in the world -- I don't think Roger Federer looks past anyone in the top 20, so I didn't do that. It was just a day when his decisions were right and mine maybe weren't.

Q. I guess going off of that, now you come to San Jose, and I'm thinking about some of the top players that are going to be there and how they like to finish points. Andy looks to crack big serves and then get a sitter or maybe hit some big forehands. If your game goes well, where do you want most of your points to end? Where are you at on the court and what are you doing to finish off a point?

JAMES BLAKE: Amazing what I'm doing. Not necessarily having to end every point at the net, but with that focus, it ends up -- when you're looking to move in and attack the net, for me at least I end up winning more points that way even before I get to the net because I'm not necessarily looking to hit a winner with my forehand or with a backhand from the back of the court. I'm looking to push the other person back.

And when I do that, amazingly, when I'm not trying to hit winners, I hit winners a lot more than if I'm trying to hit a cold winner from the baseline. That's generally not going to be effective because the setup is longer and people have that extra split second of seeing where you're going to go and you end up missing more.

My goal generally is to be moving forward and a decent amount of points -- I think mine is more of a balance. I'll end some of them while I have gotten to the net, and some of them will just end without me even getting to the net even though I was trying to get there.

Q. I wanted to ask you a two-part question. First, what's your status for Davis Cup? I know he's supposed to select a team next week. And secondly, seeing Baghdatis and how the crowd really supports him and responded to him, he reminds me of you with the crowd in New Haven and at the Open. What kind of effect can a crowd have on you, and are you surprised by what Baghdatis has done?

JAMES BLAKE: First of all, I always go for the Davis Cup, and I don't know if he has made a decision, but I think he's going to announce it very soon. I'd like to be a part of that team again with Andy and Brian. That's such a strong team that we'll hopefully this year go all the way. I think that's something Andy has always looked forward to in his career is winning a Davis Cup, and I'd love to be a part of that process. I do respect all those guys, and I'm happy to call them teammates any time I get a chance.

As far as Baghdatis, it was a fun crowd. I was down there in the first two rounds. If I was playing on a court near him warming up, in the first few rounds he was kind of on the back court and hearing the crowd go crazy. It seemed like they were almost a soccer crowd because I don't think they were all real tennis fans at the beginning of these few weeks, but by now I'm sure they are. It really does help and make a big difference when you know you have people cheering for you.

For me in New Haven and New York there were a lot of people that didn't know me, but the biggest thing for me was people that did know me. A lot of my friends, I guess it's come to be known as the J-Block. A lot of my buddies that took time off work or missing school, whatever they were doing, they were all coming to watch me play. It was a task of getting 80 tickets or something each day. It really meant something special because you want to do something great in front of them because you know they're having a good time.

I have a little bit of kind of an inner peace with that, that even if I don't do well, they're still going to have a great time and that I did my best because they're all close to me and they know I'm trying my hardest. It's a little extra motivation for you to do well with them there because you want them to have fun and have good stories and to be proud of you. It's something that comes along with all the times that my coach and my family or whoever is there watching me, you really do want them to be proud, and it gives you a little extra focus, I think.

Q. I know you started playing with Prince rackets this year. What model are you using and are they going to do a Blake model frame? I read they were sort of working on a design with you. What are you using now and are they going to do anything specifically for you?

JAMES BLAKE: Right now I'm using an experimental frame. It's one that isn't out yet. They are working with me and we're working together, and I'm extremely excited about it because it's kind of the first time I've had a real opportunity to work with the designers, with the people who kind of tailor make them for me. I really do hope, and in a lot of the tests, Tom Ross who I work with at Prince that does the rackets, has told me that he's made these models for me and we're getting closer to the one that's going to be on the shelves and stuff.

He's kind of had a few other people trying them, and they all seem to like it. It's exciting to me to know that people are liking what I like in terms of a racket. Once they come to the conclusion of what's best for going on the shelves and what's best for me to be using out there, I might even have some creative design input, which would be fun, and something I never really expected, for me to be helping to design a racket.

I think that's going to be a great thing for Prince and definitely a great thing for me. I think they're planning on doing a -- I don't know if they're going to call it a James Blake model, but I think I'll be kind of the spokesperson for that racket, and that will be something exciting for me.

Q. From New Haven to now, given how your game has developed, is top 5 a realistic goal for you this year?

JAMES BLAKE: I don't know. I've never set goals like that. Well, I haven't in a long time. I try not to set goals like that because if I were to get to top 5 and have not really worked as hard and kind of rested on those good results so far and just gotten a few good draws where I've played guys that aren't playing that well or injured or something and get in the top 5, but I don't feel like I've improved that much, it would be a little empty to me I suppose. Where if I've worked as hard as I possibly can and got some good draws, played a lot of good matches, had some close ones, had an injury, and I get to No. 15, I don't want to be disappointed I didn't get to top 5 because rankings aren't something that are totally 100 percent within your control. There are injuries and other things that can happen, scheduling mistakes; anything can happen to hurt your ranking.

My goals are generally just to keep improving. Obviously I've improved quite a bit in the last year, and your ranking ends up showing that, but my end goal isn't the ranking; my end goal is to keep getting better. I think it's possible, but I don't set a goal like I'm going to be a success or I'm not going to be a success by making No. 5 in the world.

Q. Let's go back to Davis Cup. When you guys all started first playing together, yourself and the other guys in your age group, a young group of guys the expectations aren't that high, but now you're a little bit more of a veteran team. You don't have kids out there, you've got Slam winners, guys who have gone deep in Slams. Should this be the year that you guys win it, and do you have an all-around good enough team to win an all-tie on clay against another good team?

JAMES BLAKE: There's a few different parts. I think we definitely have the ability to go win Davis Cup this year. If you put Andy Roddick and Bryan just by themselves, there's a chance to win it. Andy can win -- at times he can definitely win those. And Bryan has got to be a favorite against anyone in the world. Right there, there's a chance of three points.

The other two that I would want to watch are Mardy Fish or Taylor Dent; in that group I think there's enough talent to win one or hopefully two matches, as well. I definitely like our chances against just about anyone in the world.

Obviously a win or tie on clay would be our least likely or our least favorite position to be in. But if that comes to the path -- Andy has made strides on clay; he played one of the better matches I've seen him play against Ollie Rochus, and that was very impressive. I've had some success on clay in Rome and a couple other smaller court tournaments. But I don't mind it as much as some of the other Americans I don't think.

I think we've all improved a little bit, and I think we can still be a factor on clay as well if Bryan had won the French Open.

I like our chances, and right now we need to focus on our first round being at home and on a hard court the way we like it.

Q. Did you preview Baghdatis against Federer? Do you give him a real shot?

JAMES BLAKE: Yeah, he's got a shot. The way he's playing he's going to go in with absolutely no pressure whatsoever. He's played Roger a couple times, which I think will help him. He doesn't go out without having played against, without seeing his pace, without seeing how he moves, how well he defends and everything. He's seen all that.

So in my opinion after I've seen a guy like that play or played against him, I don't feel the same kind of -- you're not going out there with the idea of he might do something that's going to wow me or shock me or put me in awe of him.

I think Baghdatis has seen it all, so he knows what to expect and he knows how well he's going to have to play to win. So with no pressure and having played against him before, and I believe he took a set off him at the Open, so he's taken a set off of him. And Todd Martin always told me if you can win one, you can win two, and if you can win two, you can win three. I think he'll go in with that attitude.

He's young and the crowd is going to be on his side. So there's definitely a chance, but there's also the record of Roger, how many finals in a row he won.

He's obviously an incredible player, possibly the greatest of all time, and he's making a run at that, especially with how well he plays in finals. It's not going to be easy, but there's always a chance.

I think Baghdatis has a good mindset to play him I would think.

Q. A lot was made with the Americans in Australia. What do you think the state is of American tennis at this point?

JAMES BLAKE: I think American tennis is pretty darn good. We have Andy Roddick, who's a contender for every Grand Slam he goes into, and if it wasn't for Roger Federer being possibly the greatest of all time, Andy I think would have at least three Slams by now and possibly more, and plenty of serious titles to go with that because Roger has just been -- he's taken all those titles away from everyone. Everyone has had chances to win them and he's just been eating them up.

It's no fault of Andy's I don't think. He's one of the best players in the world, and he's just coming at a time when there's one of the best players ever.

I think he's very excited and very motivated to prove that he can beat Roger and he can beat one of the greatest of all time, as well. And I think he's on his way and he does have that chance. He had one tough match in the Australian Open, but I think he also has a great attitude where he doesn't necessarily dwell on that one match. Or if he does dwell on it, it's more motivation. It's not going to get him down.

I think he's going to come out and play Del Rey and play Davis Cup with even more of a motivating factor to prove that it was just one bad match and he's still one of the best players in the world.

And then after that you've got Andre Agassi, who's becoming a legend, and when he does play -- he obviously hasn't played yet this year, but when he does play, he's well a contender for a Grand Slam for a Masters Series title. He's going to make his debut first in Del Rey, and then he'll be in San Jose, and he's won that so many times I think he'll be comfortable there and have some success.

There's Robby who had a great year, myself, Taylor Dent, Mardy Fish. So I think we're doing fine. And then now there's probably going to be some young guys starting to play a little better, Amer Delic, Rajeev Ram, Brian Baker. But right now we've got guys that are kind of in the heart of their career that I think are going to play great tennis.

Like I said, I think we definitely have as good a chance as anyone to win the Davis Cup this year. As well as having our singles players, we have the best doubles in the world. I think American tennis is looking great, and hopefully we have quite a few years to look forward to Roddick, myself, Robby Ginepri, Taylor Dent, Mardy Fish having a lot of success on Tour.

Q. Along those lines, would you say then that the American Tennis Organizations are doing enough to promote the sport here in the United States? When I look at the division 1, division 2, some of the top schools and the rosters, looks like some of them are the ITF satellite at times. Are they truly promoting it or do we have a few pieces of cream rising to the top like Roddick and yourself and Ginepri?

JAMES BLAKE: I always think more can be done. Promotion, they want the game promoted more because we are competing in America with a very difficult market where we're competing with the major team sports, baseball, basketball, football and hockey. So it's tough to find that real group of fans.

I think Tennis Channel is help, getting a few more people aware of things, coming from behind the scenes, and I think if we can get on ESPN more and into the news a little more, people will appreciate the fact that there are Americans doing well. Unfortunately at times it kind of -- which came first, I think having the cream rise to the top like an Andy Roddick is going to help promote the game.

It makes the USTA's job easier, showcasing him; he came to our program and he did it and we can help you guys do the same.

I think they've been helped by Andy and hopefully myself and Robby, but they've also played a role in our development. I think that needs to be shown to the young kids. And then it's just a matter of tapping the potential we have because obviously we're one of the most popular nations and I assume the USTA is one of the wealthiest tennis associations, having the U.S. Open to support it.

So when you have a Grand Slam, I think you need to make that money and devote a lot of it to junior programs, making sure kids are coming through and improving and then hopefully improving to the point where they're holding up the U.S. Open trophy one day.

Q. Referring to that Robredo match earlier, you said sometimes when you're a little bit off, your tendency is to attack more, and obviously you're at your best when you do attack, but at the same time you have the greatest speed and you hustle to defend. How do you sort of balance that tendency to attack and the necessity to defend sometimes and get yourself back in the point? The second question is you mentioned Mardy. Have you hit with him at all? How is he feeling? How does he look?

JAMES BLAKE: Let's talk about my game. My game, I balance it through years of experience, and those years of experience included a few lean years. When I first started on Tour, I was hearing a lot of different conditions, a lot of coaches telling you one thing, some coaches saying another. They all think they can help.

There's definitely a case of too many chefs spoil the soup. I was hearing you need to attack, lay back and defend, you're so fast, use that. Basically then I just went through -- unfortunately it was a few years of really trial and error, what works best for me, what doesn't work and how I need to play.

I know now how I need to play, which is one of the most improved things of my game, which I don't have the wavering moments of -- when I say I changed to go for my shots a little more, it really is 2 percent more. It's not like I completely change my game in the middle of a match anymore. Whereas I used to go from playing six feet behind the baseline and just pushing to serving and volleying because I didn't know which part of my game I needed to use.

It's something that I know now how to play, and it's something that I've worked with my coach a whole bunch, and now every match I go out for, we talk about what my game plan is and what I know I need to do and what my game is.

Now that I know that, it makes it so much easier so I don't have to make as many decisions where I'm thinking, and then almost any shot -- almost anything you're doing, any plan is better if you have the one mindset as opposed to thinking too much and hesitating like a lot of people do when they have a little nagging injury; they end up playing their best because you know you have to go for your shots, you know you don't want to be on that injury too long. So you have one unwavering way of how to play.

Even if that's not necessarily your game, it ends up working well because there's no hesitation.

Q. There's no decision?

JAMES BLAKE: Exactly, and I have that now, which is great. My game is to attack. It is great to have that ability to defend because you have to do that sometimes. Roger Federer attacks most of the time, but he also has the ability to lay back, but it's not necessary. For me it's not plan A. It's always kind of last resort. You use your speed and you use that.

And then there's Mardy. I hit with him the last few days here in Tampa. He's hitting the ball well. He's very excited to get back on the road and go to Del Rey Beach, and he's looking better. That's something that I think will just take a little time to get back. But he's in much better shape than he was when he played a few years ago. He's been working out at Saddlebrook very religiously. He's been up at 6:00 a.m. and working out and going for extra jogs and everything he can.

I definitely sympathize with him because I remember the times when you don't have a tournament coming up and you're injured or sick and you can't do anything else and you want to get back. It sometimes manifests in working out and getting into better shape and knowing that hopefully it's going to help you out in the long run. I think it'll help him out in the long run because he's in better shape, and that breeds confidence when he works harder.

He definitely feels like he's worked harder over the last couple months that most of the guys who are on Tour. I think that's definitely going to help him. It's going to take time because no matter how good you are or how hard you've worked, there's no substitute for playing matches. I think he needs to get a few matches in, and then once he gets a little bit of confidence in match play, I think he's going to get that ranking right back up there.

Q. Donald Young made his debut in San Jose and went through the whole year and played seven pro tournaments and didn't win a set, 0 and 15 in sets. Too much too fast for him? What does he need to do to get back on track?

JAMES BLAKE: Well, you're only 15. I think what you need to get back on track is a few wins. I've hit with him I think just once, but he's clearly got a lot of talent. Being the youngest ever at No. 1 in the world in juniors is a remarkable accomplishment.

The thing I think that would help him is just keeping things in perspective because if you look at someone that's No. 1 in the world in juniors, you've got players like Brian Dunn, who unfortunately, partly due to injury, never quite transferred his game to the senior games. Then you've got guys like Marcelo Rios who went on to be No. 1 in the world in the pros, as well. It could go either way.

It doesn't guarantee that you're going to be successful that you're No. 1 in the world in juniors. I think he needs to keep that in perspective and make sure that there is no halting in the training right now. It doesn't mean you've done anything that you're No. 1 in juniors. It's something you can look back on at the end of your career and say I'm proud of it, but if you need to change something in your game or improve something, it shouldn't be, no, I don't want to change it because I've done so well in juniors. There needs to be a continued progression forward.

I hope he doesn't -- I don't know him that well so I can't speak to what he is doing, but I hope he isn't kind of buying into all the hype. A lot of people said he was so good, and he is so good so young, people are already kind of handing him trophies in the seniors or on the real Tour, and you can't do that.

There's no way to win tournaments on hype. You have to be a good player, you have to be a great player really to win tournaments. I think he needs to realize that, and I hope he does. He's still got plenty of time.

Even though he lost a whole bunch of matches, I'll tell you one thing, he is miles beyond where I was when I was 16 or 17 years old. I could only imagine me going out there. I would be 0 and 15 but if you multiply that by six, I'd be 0 and 100 in games. I wouldn't have won a game at that age.

I know that it's possible to improve at a very quick rate, and he's got the talent so I think he can improve very rapidly. I just hope he doesn't lose perspective in the fact that he lost a few matches when he's 15 years old. There's guys that are seasoned pros, it's nothing to be ashamed of, just go out and keep trying and really keep progressing, keep moving forward and not rest on your junior success.

Q. (Inaudible) -- Scoville Jenkins and the press release is coming out here in a couple hours, but can you talk a little bit about Scoville?

JAMES BLAKE: Scoville is a great kid. I like him a lot. He was my practice partner last year in South Carolina at the Davis Cup when I was invited to be part of the team as kind of a practice partner or more like a guy for the guys to hang out with because they had known that I was so down and been sick. So I was a part of the team with him.

He's a kid that works so hard. He works with Coach Torrey, who is a hard worker and pushes him, and Scoville seems like the type who doesn't need the extra motivation because he really has it internally. He enjoys the game, he loves playing, and he's pretty quiet and a very respectful kid.

We tried to knock that quietness out of him on the Davis Cup team, but he really is just a good kid overall, and I like him a lot. I hope he continues to have success. I was proud of the way he was playing going into the U.S. Open last year at New Haven, beating a top player like Nieminen, and then I think he won a round in the U.S. Open, as well.

He plays really unafraid tennis. He played Nadal pretty darn tough. If you look at Nadal, he didn't look at that match as a pushover or look at it like he played badly. I think Scoville showed that he can play with just about anybody in the world. I hope he takes some confidence from that, and I think he's going to be a really good player coming up soon.

Fee
01-27-2006, 09:17 PM
HOrrible job of transcribing this interview. I suppose James said he beat Andreev in the Sydney final and whoever typed this up had never heard of Andreev and just put in Andre instead. And all those references to the Bryans should be plural.

Wonder what's up with Scoey? Is he getting a WC to San Jose?

Deboogle!.
01-27-2006, 10:58 PM
HOrrible job of transcribing this interview. I suppose James said he beat Andreev in the Sydney final and whoever typed this up had never heard of Andreev and just put in Andre instead. And all those references to the Bryans should be plural.omg I know right!!!!!!!!! after the 10th incorrect Bryans reference, I was like :oWonder what's up with Scoey? Is he getting a WC to San Jose?I imagine that's what the "inaudible" part of the question was. :D

Deboogle!.
01-28-2006, 04:34 AM
So James pulled out of Delray citing the schedule overload. Not sure why, but ok. As long as he's not injured, and it doesn't sound like he is. Guess he's banking on being called for DC tuesday.

Deboogle!.
01-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Guess I was right, from James's site

http://www.jamesblaketennis.com/jb%20pages/news.htm

January 28, 2006

James got the official word the other day that he will be competing alongside Andy Roddick and the Australian Open Champion Bryan twins in the upcoming Davis Cup tie against Romania in California.That decision necessitated his withdrawal from the Delray Beach tournament, so he could prepare for the tie.

:woohoo:

Several of us will be there :D

PaulieM
01-31-2006, 12:29 AM
GOOD LUCK IN DAVIS CUP JAMES!!

Princebaseliner
02-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Go Blake do the U.S. proud.

02-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Guess I was right, from James's site

http://www.jamesblaketennis.com/jb%20pages/news.htm

January 28, 2006

James got the official word the other day that he will be competing alongside Andy Roddick and the Australian Open Champion Bryan twins in the upcoming Davis Cup tie against Romania in California.That decision necessitated his withdrawal from the Delray Beach tournament, so he could prepare for the tie.

:woohoo:

Several of us will be there :D
All of you that can get there and watch it in person are very lucky. Cheer hard and I hope Team U.S.A. does really well :)

02-10-2006, 03:26 AM
As of 02/06/06 the ATP site shows that James is ranked #20! Way to go James ;)

02-11-2006, 02:48 AM
Congrats to James for his Davis Cup win :) I think James is on his way up now. I don't think he is going to stop at #20
unless it is a case of injury or illness. But what happened to Andy :eek: I couldn't believe his loss myself at first. I thought he was going to pull out that last set to win, but he didn't :sad: Well I found out that Andy got sick and at the worse possible time--not that there is ever a good time to get sick :sad:

Deboogle!.
02-11-2006, 04:10 AM
James was AWESOME Today :D

Fee
02-11-2006, 04:22 AM
James has an okay draw for San Jose (but we can talk about that more on Sunday night when DC is over).

Golfnduck
02-11-2006, 04:05 PM
WAY TO GO JAMES!!!! :woohoo: I'm so glad he won and drew the US even. I'm still bummed about Andy. I was worried a little in the 2nd when James was broken, but he stepped it up and won.

cobalt60
02-12-2006, 01:46 AM
I have been forgetting to post here. Need to subscribe to this thread! Good luck Sunday James. Saw his brother on the bench with the team;)

02-12-2006, 03:36 AM
I have been forgetting to post here. Need to subscribe to this thread! Good luck Sunday James. Saw his brother on the bench with the team;)
Hi Sue and I agree Good Luck to James on Sunday :) I also hope Andy is well and able to play. Maybe we can pick up two victories on Sunday ;) But the U.S. is in a good position because all we need is one victory. And with Andy and James I feel sure the U.S. will be moving on in the Davis Cup :angel: (I just hope no more illness and certainly no injuries :eek: )

02-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Tomorrow James plays Y-T, Wang. So Good Luck to James :)

tangerine_dream
02-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Seek and destroy, James. :banana:

Deboogle!.
02-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Hey, I'd already created a spring US season thread :ras:

Deboogle!.
02-14-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm finally starting to go through all my pics from the DC Weekend. I have tons of James :) I'm posting my pics to the MTF galleries so i'll post the link here when I finish....whenever that might be :o

In the meantime, he and the rest of the guys from DC all went up to San Jose together and James plays tonight, yippee. Poor Jimmy Wang, James looked freakin awesome at DC :)

No Flake in doubles, though :sad:

02-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Hey, I'd already created a spring US season thread :ras:
Oh sorry Deb. I looked at the Forum and saw there were Threads for other Tournaments so I didn't realize that you meant for the "spring US season thread" to be for all the Tournaments. Personally I like each Tournament to have it's own thread so you can just follow one thread for one Tournament. But that is just my personal feeling about the matter.

surfpinky
02-14-2006, 11:11 PM
flake :sad:

I am so proud of james, he's reaching andy's consistency...or, ummm you know what I mean :o

Deboogle!.
02-14-2006, 11:13 PM
I was sad that Flake weren't sitting next to each other at DC :( :ras:

LMFAO Nat. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.:tape:

surfpinky
02-14-2006, 11:15 PM
do you think they are fighting? oooooo
maybe mardy cheated on him :o

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 12:07 AM
:eek: I imagine Andy, James, and Mardy all being there at the same time caused some tension:eek:

cedez
02-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Oh sorry Deb. I looked at the Forum and saw there were Threads for other Tournaments so I didn't realize that you meant for the "spring US season thread" to be for all the Tournaments. Personally I like each Tournament to have it's own thread so you can just follow one thread for one Tournament. But that is just my personal feeling about the matter.

I like it this way, too. :)

surfpinky
02-15-2006, 12:34 AM
what time does james play tonight?

surfpinky
:eek: I imagine Andy, James, and Mardy all being there at the same time caused some tension:eek:
hee heee

Deboogle!.
Okay, I was just doing it as it's been done here for almost a year, if you look back most of the threads are for the whole season going back all the way to last Spring when Fee started a thread for the clay challengers he played.

My bad, I was just continuing what we'd done and it'd never been a problem before. James's forum doesn't get that many hits/posts so I find it less cluttered :shrug:

surfpinky
02-15-2006, 12:38 AM
Okay, I was just doing it as it's been done here for almost a year, if you look back most of the threads are for the whole season going back all the way to last Spring when Fee started a thread for the clay challengers he played.

My bad, I was just continuing what we'd done and it'd never been a problem before. James's forum doesn't get that many hits/posts so I find it less cluttered :shrug:
Yeah, I agree. James' threads don't get a lot of hits, so in the end we'll have a bunch of little threads with not that many hits and replies. There may be a lot of james fans, but many don't post. ):
General threads keep it nice and simple. [:

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Yea I mean, I didn't start that thread weeks ago just for it to sit empty looking pretty :shrug:

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 12:40 AM
what time does james play tonight?probably about 3 hours from now, after Andy's match :) was on the phone w/Fee when he walked by, probably coming in to warm up and eat before :)

surfpinky
02-15-2006, 12:44 AM
probably about 3 hours from now, after Andy's match :) was on the phone w/Fee when he walked by, probably coming in to warm up and eat before :)
:D thanks
ooo cool, hope fee talked to him and stuff. [:

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 12:46 AM
:D thanks
ooo cool, hope fee talked to him and stuff. [:She better have, that's why she got off the phone with me ... b/c she wanted to tell him something :lol:

surfpinky
02-15-2006, 12:52 AM
:rolls:

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 01:21 AM
DC Pics from Friday :D http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/748/perpage/24/sortby/f/way/asc

Others will be up soon

surfpinky
02-15-2006, 01:37 AM
:banana:

02-15-2006, 02:43 AM

No I see your point. However, I personally find that it is easier for people new to the Forum or someone who just wants to see what James did during a certain Tournament
to be able to see and read one thread about a Tournament. Had I realized that you intended your thread to cover all Tournaments over a certain time frame I wouldn't have started my thread. I thought your thread was a lead into the start of the different Tournaments. You know a build up to the events coming up. Sorry it was my fault.

Noelle
02-15-2006, 03:15 AM
I have an idea... how about general season threads, but the title changes for every tournament James enters within that particular season?

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 05:40 AM
So he lost to Jimmy Wang 3-6 5-7 :( Sounded like he had a ton of chances and he broke back twice in the 2nd set only to lose serve immediately. not good after the awesome weekend he played at DC :(

hope memphis goes better :)

acoffeygirl
02-15-2006, 05:41 AM
Sooo frustrating after how well we just saw him play. :sad: :hug:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-15-2006, 06:17 AM
Oh my god you can't believe it. :banghead: He played pretty well at the beginning of the year but now lost to Wang. :o
I wish him be more consistent.

Neely
02-15-2006, 01:32 PM
I have an idea... how about general season threads, but the title changes for every tournament James enters within that particular season?
I would try it that way for the US season until heading over to Europe on clay. Upon a request I combined the two threads so far. But I hope you find a consensus whether a new topic for every tournament or a general one ;)

PaulieM
02-15-2006, 01:43 PM
james :( better luck in memphis :hug:

Deboogle!.
02-15-2006, 02:34 PM
James made it sound like he played really bad :(
maybe a mental letdown after DC or something I dunno
----------------------------------
In the nightcap, Blake certainly didn't help his cause. He had 43 unforced errors and was only 2 of 12 on break-point chances against a guy who flew in from Chinese Taipei on Sunday after leading his country to a Davis Cup victory.

``I don't have the best explanation for it,'' Blake said. ``Just me playing pretty tentative. I can't play like that. The court was a little slower than the one I played on last weekend, but I have to adjust to that.''

tangerine_dream
02-15-2006, 02:40 PM
James :bigcry: What the heck happened?

Golfnduck
02-15-2006, 04:12 PM
James :sad: I wanted to see him play well here.

02-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Yes I was very disappointed with James' 1st Round loss :sad: I had thought he would go deeper into this Tournament. So now I guess all we can do is wait for Memphis.

cobalt60
02-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Onto Memphis! Go James!

surfpinky
02-15-2006, 08:33 PM
james, put on your blue suede shoes and head over to memphis :banana:

02-15-2006, 10:34 PM
james, put on your blue suede shoes and head over to memphis :banana:
LOL I love that :) :cool:

Fee
02-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Oh Deb, my bad. that was James Auckland that I was talking to when I ended my conversation with you. He had a little bit of a dilemma with his laptop.

Deboogle!.
02-18-2006, 03:44 AM
James is in the bottom half of the Memphis draw.... he plays Vliegen then Goldstein or Jenkins

I HATE THIS DRAW. :(

Deboogle!.
02-19-2006, 12:20 AM
FLAKE IS BACK!!!!!!!

they got a WC into Memphis!

http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2006/402/MDD.pdf

MissFairy
02-19-2006, 06:00 PM
I already celebrated their return, but it's worth another whoop or two (:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :banana:

surfpinky
02-19-2006, 10:45 PM
FLAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!11!!!4

Deboogle!.
02-20-2006, 02:30 AM
They play tomorrow!!!

And this is from the Memphis paper about a week ago
=======================
After truly trying year, Blake's star rising again

Grit lands American in the top 20

By Phil Stukenborg
Contact
February 12, 2006

Oh, he tried, but James Blake couldn't convince anyone that his game was on the verge of blossoming.

People nodded their heads politely in agreement because it was Blake, one of the ATP Tour's ambassadors and a classy player whom they wanted to believe, particularly after he had battled back from a major injury, a serious illness and a personal setback in 2004.

But as Blake preached optimism last April -- shortly before he began one of the best seven-month stretches of his career -- others couldn't see it. Blake was not ranked among the top 200 in the world and was playing Challenger tournaments, tennis' version of the minors.

The former top-30 player was using the smaller events as his minor league rehab assignment. It was a successful stint.

Blake won back-to-back Challenger events in May -- the first at Tunica National Golf & Tennis Club in Tunica, Miss. -- to kick start his summer. Later he won ATP Tour tournaments (New Haven, Stockholm) and reached the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open, beating No. 2 Rafael Nadal and Tommy Robredo before falling to Andre Agassi in an exhilirating fifth-set tiebreaker.

''The whole year of 2004 gave me a little bit of a better perspective out on the court,'' Blake said. ''It kept me a little calmer, especially in close matches. I feel like I've got a little better attitude throughout everything now.

''Even when I was 200 in the world, I started telling a few people that I was confident and my game was there. It was just a matter of getting a few matches in and winning. Nobody believed me when I was 200 in the world. They started believing after New Haven and the U.S. Open.''

Blake, ranked a career-best 20th, is among the 32 players who will participate in next week's Regions Morgan Keegan Championships at The Racquet Club.

Those in the Memphis area who saw Blake breeze to the title on the indoor clay courts at Tunica had an inkling. Blake had impressive wins over Paul Goldstein and Brian Vahaly en route to beating Brian Baker in the final. The following week, Blake won in as convincing a fashion in Forest Hills, N.Y.

If May was his comeback month, August was his breakout one.

Three weeks after falling to world No. 3 Andy Roddick in the finals at Washington, Blake won at New Haven and followed with his impressive show at the U.S. Open.

''I feel like I'm all the way back, but I feel like I can keep improving,'' Blake said. ''In 2004, I was improving quite a bit and working extremely hard, and then all the injury and illness and everything hit me.

''Last year I felt like I was improving, and now I feel like I've improved more than that. But I don't feel like I've hit a plateau yet. I hope I haven't.''

Blake began the year as if he intends to keep rising in the rankings. He won last month in Sydney, Australia -- his sixth career title -- and reached the third round at the Australian Open.

U.S. Davis Cup captain Patrick McEnroe chose Blake, along with Roddick, to play singles in this week's opening-round competition against Romania. McEnroe chose Blake because he was impressed with Blake's determined return to the top 25 and the maturation of his game.

''He's playing a lot smarter now,'' McEnroe said. ''James was a go-for-broke type of player before his injuries and his illness. I think now he is playing with a little more composure. He's using his speed as a defensive weapon.

''James has always been a guy that's dangerous for top players to play, but he could lose to guys ranked well below him. I think that's where you're going to see him improve now. He's going to be a lot more consistent week in and week out. That's going to give him a chance to continue moving up in the rankings.''

Blake wouldn't mind challenging for a spot in the top 10, but he's not consumed by that pursuit.

''My goals are generally just to keep improving,'' Blake said. ''Obviously, I've improved quite a bit in the last year, and your ranking ends up showing that. But my end goal isn't the ranking. My end goal is to keep getting better. I think that's possible.''

02-20-2006, 03:10 AM
Another good article Deb :) But here I thought James was ready to take off and he comes up with a 1st Round loss in SJ :confused: I hope he does better in Memphis :)

PaulieM
02-20-2006, 05:57 PM
good luck james! vliegen's been playing pretty well so far this year, so james had better be ready. :)

02-20-2006, 11:11 PM
good luck james! vliegen's been playing pretty well so far this year, so james had better be ready. :)
I hope so! No more 1st Round losses :)

Deboogle!.
02-21-2006, 12:09 AM
James plays Vliegen tomorrow afternoon. Cmon James, Vliegen is tough, play your game :)

02-21-2006, 02:44 PM
James plays Vliegen tomorrow afternoon. Cmon James, Vliegen is tough, play your game :)
Please James lets win this one :) Some of the American men recently have been having too many 1st Round losses
so I hope James can get going in this Tournament.

02-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Well so much for my hopes so far. James lost the 1st Set to Vliegen 6-4 :sad:

Deboogle!.
02-21-2006, 08:20 PM
And the second 4-6 :rolleyes: Had so many BPs and couldn't convert any, and served so poorly in the 1st set.

WTF JAMES.

Doubles QF against Huss/Gimelstob at some point tomorrow or Thursday.

02-21-2006, 08:29 PM
And the second 4-6 :rolleyes: Had so many BPs and couldn't convert any, and served so poorly in the 1st set.

WTF JAMES.

Doubles QF against Huss/Gimelstob at some point tomorrow or Thursday.
What has happened to James :confused: He is crashing out of Tournaments just like some of the other players now :sad:

tangerine_dream
02-21-2006, 08:32 PM
WTF James?? :retard: :sad:

snapper
02-21-2006, 09:15 PM
seriously?!?!?! :confused:

acoffeygirl
02-21-2006, 10:36 PM
:sad:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-22-2006, 04:29 AM
You just suck,James! :armed:

02-22-2006, 04:56 PM
You just suck,James! :armed:
LOL, but James isn't the only one :rolleyes:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-23-2006, 03:51 AM
LOL, but James isn't the only one :rolleyes:
So does Gaston today! :rolleyes:

02-23-2006, 03:56 PM
So does Gaston today! :rolleyes:
It seems like a lot of players I like and want them to win aren't doing much of anything this year :sad: I keep telling myself that the year is still young, but it gets to you as Tournament after Tournament starts going by and players
crash out so quickly :eek:

Deboogle!.
02-26-2006, 12:21 AM
James has a tough Vegas draw - Srichaphan in the first round :eek: 2nd round would be a WC - either Bob Bryan or Sam Querrey.

And he's playind doubles with his brother:)

02-26-2006, 03:08 AM
Well James and Mardy seem to being doing fine in Memphis as a Doubles team :) But I already don't like James' draw in LV :sad:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-26-2006, 03:28 AM
Wow I can't believe he and Fish are in doubles final now! :woohoo: I'd like to see they lift the cups soon! :aplot:

Just look his first match. :o I think Srichaphan is better than Vliegen.But I guess James will win in tough 3.The duck should have played in Las Vegas too! :p James can beat him now and gain some confidence. :lol: (Just joking but I know duck fans are very open-minded, ;) not like some Spanish groupies! :retard: )

02-26-2006, 03:32 AM
I thought Andy was going to play in LV :confused: Did he withdraw?

Deboogle!.
02-26-2006, 03:34 AM
He did. Many of us were hoping he would, months ago when his schedule for this year first came out.

02-26-2006, 03:49 AM
I finally checked on the draw. I keep forgetting to do that :rolleyes: I just hear the publicity about who is supposed to be playing and forget to check on who actually is playing! I need to keep better informed.

Deboogle!.
02-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Flake lost the Memphis doubles final. HPMH.

Onto Vegas they go.

goodwoman
02-27-2006, 12:05 AM
C'mon, James, you can beat Srichaphan!!

Deboogle!.
02-27-2006, 12:50 AM
Yes he can beat him! In fact, he is 4-1 against him! So c'mon james!

02-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Alright James go and win this Match :)

02-27-2006, 05:32 PM
As of today according to the ATP site James is down to #21
now so he does really need to start winning :eek:

Deboogle!.
03-01-2006, 03:55 AM
James won! 7-6 6-0. He saved 5 SPs in the first set, it was really up and down but he fought and was so aggressive on the set points! Then he just totally steamrolled in the 2nd (obviously. lol.)

Deboogle!.
03-01-2006, 04:23 AM
:ras:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-01-2006, 04:25 AM
James won! :D

03-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Way to go James. Leave this 1st Round jinx behind. On to Round 2 :)

Deboogle!.
03-03-2006, 04:01 AM
James was awesome tonight, he beat Vahaly 6-1 6-1 in about 50 minutes, sealed it with a BH return winner :worship: Vahaly was just out of his league and made too many mistakes and James was aggressive and pressed the whole time.

He plays Carlsen tomorrow night :)

Deboogle!.
03-03-2006, 04:12 AM
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

03-03-2006, 04:13 AM
James was awesome tonight, he beat Vahaly 6-1 6-1 in about 50 minutes, sealed it with a BH return winner :worship: Vahaly was just out of his league and made too many mistakes and James was aggressive and pressed the whole time.

He plays Carlsen tomorrow night :)
Great news Deb :) That's two in a row for James now and I hope he can continue ;)

AgassiDomination
03-03-2006, 04:37 AM
Keep it up James. :yeah:

goodwoman
03-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Yeah, James, keep it up...you can win tonight!
Does anyone know if Brian, his coach, is back with him yet?

Deboogle!.
03-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Yes Brian is in Vegas as is his mom :D I think it was just Davis Cup - or maybe San Jose as well - where Brian was unable to travel with him but yep, he's there :)

goodwoman
03-04-2006, 12:24 AM
Thanks, Deb. It's cute that his mom is there. She probably came to see her sons play doubles for maybe the last time. :tears:

Deboogle!.
03-04-2006, 12:36 AM
yea :( they had Thomas in the commentary box during James's match and he said his mom has been traveling more since James started playing again in 2005. he said he's pretty sure that was their last match together and his last pro match, then they asked James about it on court after his match and he said the same thing and looked sad.

Here's a little blurb from tennisreporters.net...
==============
Blake's temporary experiment with his brother, Thomas, as an assistant/traveling coach has ended as his regular coach, Brian Barker, rejoined him this week. Barker's return is critical for Blake, who lost in the first round of San Jose and Memphis after cracking the Top 20 for the first time.

Deboogle!.
03-04-2006, 03:47 AM
James beat Carlsen tonight, nice and routine 4 and 4. Karlovic tomorrow night :unsure:

surfpinky
03-04-2006, 04:17 AM

Deboogle!.
03-04-2006, 04:18 AM
This win will put James into the top 20 again :D

03-04-2006, 04:21 AM
James beat Carlsen tonight, nice and routine 4 and 4. Karlovic tomorrow night :unsure:
Great job James :) However, I don't think I like seeing,"Karlovic tomorrow night"?

AgassiDomination
03-04-2006, 06:07 AM
James has been cruising, I think/hope he can take out Karlovic...

Deboogle!.
03-04-2006, 06:12 AM
All about the return. He did pretty well against Carlsen, could've broken more than he did I think, but he went for the big return winner a few times and missed. With Karlovic, the strategy is just get it back into play and he'll make mistakes - not trying to get a winner. Karlovic's serve is a lot better obviously, but James reacts quickly enough to have a shot. It's a tossup, though. Seeing a big serve like Carlsen's had to have helped :)

tangerine_dream
03-04-2006, 08:29 PM
James! :woohoo: So glad to see him refinding his form. :D

Good luck against *gulp* Karlovic. :scared:

goodwoman
03-04-2006, 09:34 PM
C'mon, James, you can beat this giant of a guy!! :)

khryss_20
03-05-2006, 02:32 AM
hei everi1 im just new hir and im a huge jb fan....he won 76 61 against ivo...so happy...ddnt get to watch it though...although i wish i can

soem of my other fave players are::: feli lopez...nadal, verdasco...fererro and roddick

Deboogle!.
03-05-2006, 02:35 AM
James played AWESOME :D

He's never beaten Lleyton but if he believes, I think he has a shot.

Goooo James!

He'll for sure be in the top 20 now, and he'll also probably be not only the #3 American but his highest ranking ever :D:D:D

cobalt60
03-05-2006, 02:43 AM
He played great tonight!!! Always thinking. And I loved his response Deb when MacKay asked him about playing Chile in the Davis Cup. He should get picked no doubt!

Deboogle!.
03-05-2006, 02:43 AM
hope so, hope so!

03-05-2006, 02:49 AM
James has got his winning ways back again :) So Good Luck to James in the Final ;)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-05-2006, 04:17 AM
Time to change your bad record 0-6 against Hewitt! :rocker2: That guy maybe loses the first set and bounces back again,if so stay focus James. :cool: I believe you will kick his ass this time,go man! :boxing::fiery::rocker:

goodwoman
03-05-2006, 03:48 PM
You can finally beat this guy, James! You just have to BELIEVE it.

tangerine_dream
03-05-2006, 07:29 PM
I hope James doesn't think he can blast Hewitt off the court because that will be his downfall if he does. If he learned anything from the Roddick/Hewitt match at Cincy last year (assuming he watched), the key to beating Lleyton isn't in the power at all, but in making Hewitt create his own pace and throwing in a few loopy forehands and moonballs. Also, getting the first serve in will be crucial. We'll see tonight. :)

Deboogle!.
03-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Actually, we'll see in about a half hour! :lol: :p

I agree, he'll have to vary it up. But it is possible to overpower hewitt. If James is blasting forehand winners on the lines, that will be tough for Hewitt.

I'm more worried about James holding up mentally, especially at the end of the set and stuff. Hewitt's in his head whether he admits it or not so unless he FULLY believes he can win (and considering they haven't played since James started playing his really good tennis last summer, he should have no reason NOT to believe it), he has a shot. It's his confidence that will let him down before anything else, IMO.

AgassiDomination
03-05-2006, 10:14 PM
HE WON!!!! :bounce:

PinkFeatherBoa
03-05-2006, 10:16 PM
James!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D So proud of him!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Fee
03-05-2006, 10:19 PM
:worship: :cool: :kiss: :drink: :bowdown: :dance: :woohoo: :hatoff: :rocker: :banana: :aparty: :yippee: :yeah: :bounce:

Smasher
03-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Well done James! :woohoo: :worship:

Deboogle!.
03-05-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm so thrilled I don't even know what to say.

Except that I am taping a repeat of this one :D

#14 in the world next week. WOWIE.

Horatio Caine
03-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Well done James!!! :woohoo: :yeah: :worship:

PinkFeatherBoa
03-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Number 14 deserves another round of :

:D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I have already taped this for prosperity).

tangerine_dream
03-05-2006, 10:41 PM
I am so thrilled for James! :bounce: Up to #14, beating Lleyton for the first time, racking up the titles. It's great to see him recover from a disappointing start to his year. :banana:

cobalt60
03-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Just got home to see this! :woohoo: Heading to GM to see score and any info on the match. Was it close?

Deboogle!.
03-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Was it CLOSE? oh man... :scared: I was shaking at the end :lol:

Fee
03-05-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm so thrilled I don't even know what to say.

Except that I am taping a repeat of this one :D

...raises hand sheepishly... (I'll return it after I watch it...)

STUPID COMCAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Congrats to James for a Big Victory :) Two Titles and a #14 Ranking ;) Way to go James :cool: This is what I expected at the start of the year I just had to wait awhile to see it happen :angel:

cath777
03-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Well done James!!! Wish I could have seen the match.

Deboogle!.
03-06-2006, 12:35 AM
James is gonna be on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson tomorrow night!

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/latelate/

Audios here http://www.atptennis.com/en/audio/ :)

cobalt60
03-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Was it CLOSE? oh man... :scared: I was shaking at the end :lol:
Oh oh then. I got home from the hospital just in time to see the ceremony. Man the mayor and Bellamy love to talk ;) And of course no one was home to tape it for me either. I will have to look for a replay otherwise oh well. How was his BH working today Deb?

Deboogle!.
03-06-2006, 01:25 AM
his BH was ok, but his forehand OH MY GOD :worship:

You just have to catch a repeat, sue, you must!!!

cobalt60
03-06-2006, 01:28 AM
Ok then. :lol: Had hoped to be home in time to watch but no go. Duty called.;)

Golfnduck
03-06-2006, 02:01 AM
James :woohoo: :bigclap: I think this win will do alot for his confidence.

Katdiva7
03-06-2006, 03:06 AM
Just got back from the Open. James' match was AMAZING! He play so well and he seemed so happy just to win it. Plus out of all the players I met, he was the nicest. I am so happy for him! :)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-06-2006, 08:37 AM
Woohoo yeah James beat him this time! :bigclap::smooch::rocker2:
I wish I could have seen this match! :o

cedez
03-06-2006, 01:37 PM
The victory over Lleyton makes it all a little more sweet, after all that business at the US Open a couple of years ago...

tangerine_dream
03-06-2006, 04:23 PM
I wish I could have seen this match! :o
So do I. But somebody was kind enough to upload some highlights from the match in GM.

Once again, I hate people who have The Tennis Channel. :ras: :mad:

I doubly hate people who have TTC and can't make videos for the rest of us. :ras: :ras: :bigcry: :mad:

;)

Deboogle!.
03-06-2006, 08:08 PM
fine. I hate you too.

:)

surfpinky
03-06-2006, 09:43 PM
I HAVEN'T CELEBRATED JAMES' WIN!
GO JAMES GO JAMES!!!!!!!!!!
:aparty: :woohoo: :banana:

Clara Bow
03-06-2006, 10:33 PM
A belated congrats to James! :D

I was so happy that he won this tournament because after his last couple of tournaments, I admit that I was worried that the "old" James was back. But yea- he proved this worrywart wrong.

cobalt60
03-07-2006, 01:25 AM
I just taped the end of the women's final and the paddle tennis final. Presently taping Blake vs Hewitt. I don't have the capabilities of making copies so whoever wants it let me know. DVD-R btw.

Sparko1030
03-07-2006, 05:48 AM
:wavey: Hi James fans. Hey, I don't post here very often but I am a James fan and I just watched him on Craig Ferguson tonight! Very articulate-very nice little interview/talk IMO.

idolwatcher1
03-07-2006, 06:13 AM
I am so happy for James!! :woohoo: What a way to come back from two first-round losses! And beating Hewitt for the first time!! :worship: Good for him!... he really fought hard; sometimes he would react like he was getting upset and about to lose it, but he gathered himself back together quickly everytime, and pulled it out! :clap: Now all he needs to do is pass Hewitt in the rankings, which he is so close to doing :)

idolwatcher1
03-07-2006, 06:15 AM
So do I. But somebody was kind enough to upload some highlights from the match in GM.

Once again, I hate people who have The Tennis Channel. :ras: :mad:

I doubly hate people who have TTC and can't make videos for the rest of us. :ras: :ras: :bigcry: :mad:

;)

What about people who currently have TTC, and can make videos for people to download, but don't have the time to do it right now?... :scared:

*runs and hides*

landoud
03-07-2006, 02:45 PM
congrats james

tangerine_dream
03-07-2006, 06:00 PM
I completely forgot about James being on Ferguson's show last night. How was it? Did anybody tape it? Any screencaps? :)

Deboogle!.
03-07-2006, 09:09 PM
OUCH James has a NASTY draw at IW. Plays the winner of Carlsen/Muller, would get Gonzo in R3, Agassi or Haas in R4.... ouchie.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Go hell!He,Andre,Tommy,Gilles and Gonzo are in the same 1/8 draw! :bigcry:

Deboogle!.
03-08-2006, 12:15 AM
So someone at the tourney made a huge mistake and used last week's rankings. So that obviously affected James as he moved up a lot. So his draw is a bit different and now he faces the winner of Dent's match in his first match :(:(:(

Xristos
03-08-2006, 02:05 AM
James can beat Gonzo and Haas. No doubt. I think James will go deep into the second week at IW.

idolwatcher1
03-08-2006, 02:19 AM
James can beat Gonzo and Haas. No doubt. I think James will go deep into the second week at IW.
I agree, I don't think his draw is that bad, really... He's quite capable of beating anyone before round 4. I get the feeling Tommy won't go as far as he's expected to go at IW, and he may lose before he faces James... OR if he does get to round 4, he won't be playing at his highest level, and will be "beatable"... and I don't think Andre will be in his best form this week... but who knows :shrug:

Deboogle!.
03-08-2006, 02:30 AM
The biggest problem James sometimes has is backing up a good week with another right after. He did it last year with New Haven then the USO but typically he struggles stringing together big tourneys in a row. Let's hope he breaks his trend :)

idolwatcher1
03-08-2006, 03:48 AM
James always seems to win a tournament the week before a bigger tournament... He may feel more pressure to back up his win, or he may be flooding with confidence... it's whatever he makes of it, but I feel this time he will continue with it... I hope so, at least!

Deboogle!.
03-08-2006, 03:51 AM
He's just always been mentally inconsistent, players often have a letdown after a big win, I can name countless examples. But he seems to be getting a bit better about it so let's hope it doesn't happen again.

James's draw changed a little AGAIN. Hopefully for the last time. Now he's seeded to meet Robredo in the third round instead of Gonzo. Whoever messed this up better be in deep doo-doo!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-08-2006, 04:02 AM
Now I'm happier! :aparty: It's impossible that my faves James and Gonzo meet in R2 by ranking.It would be great if James meets Robredo in R3! :aplot:

idolwatcher1
03-08-2006, 11:33 PM
James and Robredo again :haha:

03-10-2006, 12:33 AM
Good Luck to James :) Right now he seems to be the carrier of the U.S. Flag so I hope he can keep it going ;)

cobalt60
03-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Ok if no one wants the final of Vegas so be it. It will be gone.

03-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Way to go James :) It was a slow start with problems with the rain, but James defeated Sam Querrey 1-6, 6-1, and 6-3 ;)

renee_chin
03-12-2006, 04:58 AM
Blake Recovers From Slow Start

American James Blake began with a sluggish start Saturday morning on Center Court, but quickly turned around his form to secure a second-round victory at the Pacific Life Open.

Following a one-hour delay due to the previous night's storm and spotty rain throughout the morning, the No. 12 seed surrendered the opening set in 20 minutes to American wild card Sam Querrey, who had picked his first career ATP-level win Friday.

Blake put aside the lopsided beginning and raced out to a 5-0 lead in the second before a short rainfall halted play for half an hour. When he returned to the court, last week's Tennis Channel Open titlist proceeded to close out the victory 1-6, 6-1, 6-3.

Some pics from today :)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Take the revenge for the loss in AO,James! :rocker2:

Deboogle!.
03-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Dunno what happened to James in the first set of his match, we weren't watching. But we did see him out hitting a couple times, with Malisse and um, I forget right now :lol:

now beat Tommy, James!:D

03-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Good Luck to James :) I hope he gets off to a better start in this Round ;)

goodwoman
03-13-2006, 11:19 PM
OK, James, you can beat Robredo this time!! You're in the driver's seat tonight!! :drive:

jackieglover
03-14-2006, 03:33 AM
1 set done, 1 more James :yeah:

surfpinky
03-14-2006, 04:46 AM

Deboogle!.
03-14-2006, 05:32 AM
:woohoo: He looked real good out there :)

MissFairy
03-14-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm not watching much of my (lame) coverage, but seeing a W next to James' name makes me smile (: YAY!

goodwoman
03-14-2006, 01:52 PM
:woohoo: He looked real good out there :)
I only saw about 3 minutes of the match. Maybe I was imagining it, but he seemed to have more of that "killer instinct" look than he usually has. It was nice to see. KEEP IT UP, JAMES!! :fiery: :)

jackieglover
03-14-2006, 02:46 PM
I only saw about 3 minutes of the match. Maybe I was imagining it, but he seemed to have more of that "killer instinct" look than he usually has. It was nice to see. KEEP IT UP, JAMES!! :fiery: :)

Same here, only saw a few points from the match on ESPN, but got the same impression. He's a slight underdog to Haas, but I think he'll pull it out.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-14-2006, 02:53 PM
This result makes sense. :rocker2: Sorry Tommy, :p I wanted James to win more a bit and he did! :dance:
Next match will be tough for me,I don't know who I should cheer more...

Deboogle!.
03-14-2006, 04:45 PM
My pics from IW :D
http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/763/page/1/sortby/f/way/asc

jackieglover
03-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Everybody is picking Haas. Come on James! Prove them all wrong.

goodwoman
03-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Everybody is picking Haas. Come on James! Prove them all wrong.

I don't know why so many are picking Haas. He's playing very well lately, but so is James. C'mon, James, you know you can beat this guy! Keep believing it! I know you can do it!! :fiery:

Sparko1030
03-16-2006, 03:29 AM
The James/Haas match should be starting soon-so a big GOOD LUCK to James!!! :hatoff:

jackieglover
03-16-2006, 03:40 AM
The James/Haas match should be starting soon-so a big GOOD LUCK to James!!! :hatoff:

And we're not getting coverage :sobbing: Never thought I'd cheer for the UCLA women's softball team, but come on, HIT A WALKOFF HOME RUN AND END THIS GAME NOW :fiery:

AgassiDomination
03-16-2006, 03:55 AM
Win Blake, WINNNN! Avenge Andre lol.

jackieglover
03-16-2006, 04:13 AM
And we're not getting coverage :sobbing: Never thought I'd cheer for the UCLA women's softball team, but come on, HIT A WALKOFF HOME RUN AND END THIS GAME NOW :fiery:

Took awhile, but finally the WALKOFF HOMERUN. :woohoo: Let's go Blake!

Katdiva7
03-16-2006, 04:23 AM
James returns are on fire tonight! :)

Deboogle!.
03-16-2006, 04:42 AM
James is, I think, one win away from the top 10.

03-16-2006, 04:53 AM
Tommy was sick so he retired from the Match after James won the 1st Set 6-3. P. Mac said Tommy came down with food poisoning yesterday and that Tommy thought he could play tonight. But he couldn't complete the Match.
I'm not sure if it would have made any difference because James looks just awesome. Like the player I have been waiting for James to be! But, of course, when the other player is ill well we can say what if he hadn't been ill, however, we will never know that now. So anyway Congrats to James for another win :) I agree with Deb I think we will see James in the Top Ten ;)

Sparko1030
03-16-2006, 05:12 AM
:rocker: Very happy James won! Wish it could of been w/o a retire on Haas's part. But a win is a win and James looked in very good form. Good luck agianst Andreev James! :hatoff:

mishar
03-16-2006, 05:17 AM
I agree, it wasn't much of a test, but James looked excellent!

I think that's right, Igor Andreev stands between him and the top 10! Igor looks to be playing well right now, but James does have a 3-0 H2H against him!

Really hope he wins that match, anything else this week would be gravy!

jackieglover
03-16-2006, 05:31 AM
James will be in the final IMHO.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-16-2006, 11:30 AM
I'm sad for Tommy but happy for James. :aparty: The feeling is quite complicated! :o
I dislike that Russian a lot, :fiery: so it will be great to spank his ass with bagel! :rolls: (Honestly I want James to face the duck,he would have had a high chance to change the h2h record. :aplot: )

jackieglover
03-16-2006, 02:35 PM
James said last night in the post-match interview he was going to talk to Roddick to get some help on playing Andreev. Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :scared:

surfpinky
03-16-2006, 05:59 PM
bad idea, james, badddddddddd idea. |:

Deboogle!.
03-16-2006, 08:00 PM
I think (HOPE) he was kidding |:

surfpinky
03-16-2006, 08:35 PM
yes, hahah funny james! such a joker that kid is. |:

tangerine_dream
03-16-2006, 09:17 PM
James said last night in the post-match interview he was going to talk to Roddick to get some help on playing Andreev. Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :scared:
:haha: James was just teasing I'm sure. But he's welcome to go ahead and rub it in Andy's face, he deserves it. :devil:

I hope James stomps all over Igor. Good luck James! :banana:

Deboogle!.
03-16-2006, 09:19 PM
But he's welcome to go ahead and rub it in Andy's face, he deserves it. :devil:I don't think James is that dumb ;) In fact I'm sure he's not.

But he will be #10 in the world if he wins tomorrow. GO JAMES DO IT AND GET WHERE YOU BELONG!

Winston's Human
03-16-2006, 09:25 PM
I think (HOPE) he was kidding |:

I know that he is kidding. That is exactly the type of comment guys make to and about their buds. I am sure Andy would have a snappy retort.

Seriously, I hope PMac is taking note of James' play and does not snub him for Davis Cup.

Deboogle!.
03-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Seriously, I hope PMac is taking note of James' play and does not snub him for Davis Cup.with James playing like this, he'll be ranked above Andre soon anyway (perhaps as soon as Miami)... Andre only has one tourney to prove himself.... James hasn't got the best record on grass but there's no reason for him to not be able to do well on it. I'd be pretty surprised if James isn't picked, to be honest. And I paid a lot to go to the tie in April, so I expect the US to win and I expect to see James there because I think he has the best chance to help us do that :D

cath777
03-16-2006, 11:33 PM
But he will be #10 in the world if he wins tomorrow. GO JAMES DO IT AND GET WHERE YOU BELONG!

And by my calcs he should be #9 if he gets to the finals and #7 if he wins! Go James!!!

idolwatcher1
03-17-2006, 01:10 AM
I feel James will be the one to prevail here... :) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3179389&postcount=10)

:p

Way to go James! :worship: Keep it going!!

03-17-2006, 02:19 AM
with James playing like this, he'll be ranked above Andre soon anyway (perhaps as soon as Miami)... Andre only has one tourney to prove himself.... James hasn't got the best record on grass but there's no reason for him to not be able to do well on it. I'd be pretty surprised if James isn't picked, to be honest. And I paid a lot to go to the tie in April, so I expect the US to win and I expect to see James there because I think he has the best chance to help us do that :D
I see no way P. Mac would pick Andre over James. Andre is taking shots all the time for his back now and he still isn't winning Tournaments. James has done so well recently and he is definitely on his way up. Sorry to say, but I think Andre's time is gone as far as tennis is concerned. He is on his way down because of that back plus age :sad: In fact I had wanted Andre to retire while he was still in the Top Ten.

Deboogle!.
03-17-2006, 02:40 AM
:sad:

Deboogle!.
03-17-2006, 09:18 PM
WELCOME TO THE TOP TEN, JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jackieglover
03-17-2006, 09:18 PM
James! Top ten! :banana: :woohoo:

surfpinky
03-17-2006, 09:25 PM
:aparty: :banana: I am so proud of him!! :banana: :yippee:

03-17-2006, 09:48 PM
:bigclap: Congrats to James :bigclap: James is moving so fast I can't keep up with him. I just did a Congrats for #14 and then realized he is now Top Ten :cool: ;)

AgassiDomination
03-17-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm so proud of him. :p

mishar
03-17-2006, 10:23 PM
His success the last two weeks and the last six months have been the best things in tennis recently.

MissMoJo
03-17-2006, 10:48 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

goodwoman
03-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Well done, James!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

I just got back from a work trip, and saw, ohmygosh, TOP TEN!! Semifinals!! WOW!! Well deserved!!

Did anybody see the match? He must have been on fire!

PinkFeatherBoa
03-17-2006, 10:54 PM
So pleased for James!!! (':

:bounce:

Deboogle!.
03-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Did anybody see the match? He must have been on fire!Yep that pretty much sums it up.

cobalt60
03-18-2006, 01:07 AM
:woohoo: This is great for James!

tangerine_dream
03-18-2006, 03:58 AM
:banana: :dance: :bounce:
JAMES!!!
IS IN THE TOP TEN!!!
CONGRATS!!!!
:banana: :dance: :bounce:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
:aparty:

jackieglover
03-18-2006, 04:07 AM
Kick Nadal's ass tomorrow James :)

Deboogle!.
03-18-2006, 04:08 AM
It's gonna be tough for James, this surface is pretty significantly slower than the USO, but James is obviously playing great now and he has the ability to take Nadal's shots when they're still on the rise and he can attack and try to take time away from Rafa and also attack his serve b/c he takes the returns so early. So he obviously has a decent shot.

Sparko1030
03-18-2006, 05:30 AM
:rocker: Great win James!!! and in the top 10 now???? AWESOME!!! :worship:

Good Luck against Rafa in the semifinal! :hatoff: -the most I will predict about that match is it should be tough for both of them(yeah, going out on a limb there). Could be the best match of IW this year. Too bad it looks like we in the US will have to wait till 1:30am CST to see it :bs:

screaminhead
03-18-2006, 10:55 AM
WELCOME TO THE TOP TEN, JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i saw the match live but i didn't realize he'd be cracking the top 10 after his win..COOLNESS! :worship: He sooo deserves to be there, he's improved a whole lot, even Rod Laver took notice...

"I personally think he has a lot of game," said Rod Laver, the only player to win the elusive Grand Slam twice. "If he can keep the pressure on an opponent, he has a great forehand, his backhand is powerful, and he's able to volley and he's volleyed quite well. I feel he just needs to win a few matches and be a consistent winner, not lose in the second round and bottom out without confidence."

Laver was speaking during a pre-tournament interview. That was before Blake won in Las Vegas, defeating Lleyton Hewitt in the finals.

I hope he whips Nadal's butt in the semis tom :smash:

cobalt60
03-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Good luck to James! Keep your head out there and keep the pressure on!

goodwoman
03-18-2006, 12:52 PM
OK, James. You've got the skills, you've got the confidence, you've got the belief.

YOU CAN BEAT THIS GUY!!!! :fiery:

jackieglover
03-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Too bad it looks like we in the US will have to wait till 1:30am CST to see it :bs:

Really? :fiery:

tangerine_dream
03-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Heh. Somebody bumped up binkyidiot's anti-James Blake tirade from a year ago. Something about James cursing and she acted like it was the end of the world for his career. I love it when dumb tw@ts like her are exposed and publicly humiliated. :)

Good luck in the semis, James! :banana:

Fee
03-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Yes, ESPN2 is not showing the men's semifinals today, the women's college basketball playoffs are on most of the day. There is one SF on tonight at 11:30 pm Pacific time.

jackieglover
03-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Yes, ESPN2 is not showing the men's semifinals today, the women's college basketball playoffs are on most of the day. There is one SF on tonight at 11:30 pm Pacific time.

Fuck. Hope it's on ESPN Deportes. I thought we were going to see a semi-finals with 4 of the good guys, but Nadal snuck in there. :mad:

Deboogle!.
03-18-2006, 05:17 PM
It's probably on the online feed too :) But considering Nadal is in it, I'm sure it's on ESPN Deportes, I wonder how I can get that. I'm sure Comcast in LA offers it somewhere.

jackieglover
03-18-2006, 05:27 PM
It's probably on the online feed too :) But considering Nadal is in it, I'm sure it's on ESPN Deportes, I wonder how I can get that. I'm sure Comcast in LA offers it somewhere.

Well, all of the WBC games are supposed to be on ESPN Deportes, but ESPN is advertising the Japan/Korea game for tonight and the TV listings show it wil be airing on ESPN Deportes as well :mad:

jackieglover
03-18-2006, 05:33 PM
And I kind of wish it was on Deportes too. Sick of hearing Pmac drool over Nadal and praise everything he does. He might as well rip off Rafa's capris and set up one of those cushions that are for the ball kids. :tape:

tangerine_dream
03-18-2006, 07:19 PM
And I kind of wish it was on Deportes too. Sick of hearing Pmac drool over Nadal and praise everything he does. He might as well rip off Rafa's capris and set up one of those cushions that are for the ball kids. :tape:
LOL. Yeah, but would Deportes really be any better? I'd think they'd be just as swoony over Nadal as PMac.

Deboogle!.
03-18-2006, 07:25 PM
LOL. Yeah, but would Deportes really be any better? I'd think they'd be just as swoony over Nadal as PMac.
Well I dunno about you guys but at least then I wouldn't be able to understand it ;)

cobalt60
03-18-2006, 07:30 PM
JG-ripping off Nadal's capris? :bolt: What a sight that would be:devil:

jackieglover
03-18-2006, 07:38 PM

This would be one of the rare times I'm proud of not being able to comprehend much more than a lick of Spanish despite getting up to Spanish V before :lol:

jackieglover
03-19-2006, 01:14 AM
I'm soooooooooooo happy!!! :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana:

Beat Fed tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

surfpinky
03-19-2006, 01:15 AM
DUDE
:yippee: :aparty: :woohoo:

tangerine_dream
03-19-2006, 01:17 AM
DUDE!!! x10

:eek: :rocker2: :bounce: :dance: :aparty: :bowdown:

Good luck in the final tomorrow James!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Deboogle!.
03-19-2006, 01:23 AM
Man I'm so fucking happy I don't even know what to say.

mishar
03-19-2006, 01:26 AM
I swear, I've for a long time had the fantasy that James was going to win Indian Wells this year. It's always been his best TMS... I don't know if he has it in him to beat Fed, but it would be sooooo great!

Anyway, he's ensured himself a top 8 seed for Miami (I think they use the post-IW rankings) and has -- what? - 1885 ranking points now! He should probably pass an inactive Coria and slumping Gaudio if he wins tomorrow or reaches the QF at Miami!

This win was great.. but I want more... I want him to win the whole thing!

jackieglover
03-19-2006, 01:28 AM
He's going to be given a chance in the world to beat Federer, but that's why they play. He's been on an insane run and I think tomorrow's match will be a lot closer than people expect. Go James! Win it in 3! :p

PinkFeatherBoa
03-19-2006, 01:37 AM
Wow, JUST WOW.

DAMN, JAMES!

omc, during the match I was feeling so tired at first (seeing as it's 2am+), but when James broke to serve for it, I was just dance4 ing until the end. I still feel like dance4ing.

So, yes, pretty much, wow.

surfpinky
03-19-2006, 01:40 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/surfpinky/other/dance4.gif

PinkFeatherBoa
03-19-2006, 01:41 AM

Yes, that's him. I was doing that. I'm doing it again, now. (:

WOOW.

Sparko1030
03-19-2006, 01:41 AM
:bounce: AWESOME JAMES!!!!! :bounce: He just keeps winning!!!

Good luck against Roger tomorrow! :hatoff:

tangerine_dream
03-19-2006, 01:43 AM
Man I'm so fucking happy I don't even know what to say.
LOL. I know. I'm speechless, too. I'm just: Wow.

Wow wow. And wow.

James :D :D :D :D :D

Deboogle!.
03-19-2006, 01:44 AM
LOL. I know. I'm speechless, too. I'm just: Wow.

Wow wow. And wow.

James :D :D :D :D :DYep, I concur:D:D:D:D

rofe
03-19-2006, 01:52 AM
Excellent match from James.

Excellent serving: $1000000
Murderous forehand: $10000000000000
Keeping your intensity level intact against Nadal: Priceless

tangerine_dream
03-19-2006, 01:53 AM
Ten minutes pass....

Still speechless.

:D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/surfpinky/other/dance4.gif :D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/surfpinky/other/dance4.gif :D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/surfpinky/other/dance4.gif :D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/surfpinky/other/dance4.gif :D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/surfpinky/other/dance4.gif

mishar
03-19-2006, 01:57 AM
I usually try to avoid stupid internet flaming, it's so pointless. But some of these Blake trolls just annoy me so much I end up attacking them back.. I mean, I don't understand how anyone can hate a tennis player to start with, and particularly James, who is such a good guy.. but fine let's say you don't like it when he blows his nose or misses his backhand, fine, criticize him.. but they're just like little dark clouds of negativity and venom, bringing that into every thread. It's so disgusting.

Deboogle!.
03-19-2006, 01:59 AM
You know what? It took me a long time but you just have to kind of realize that people don't see the same things we do. I think James has shown himself time and again that he's classy, intelligent, articulate, a good sportsman, a great competitor, good for the game, and much more. He's not perfect, he's just human, but he's pretty darn awesome. He always was, and now his results are awesome too. I believe in karma, and James is getting his due right now. If people don't or can't or won't see that in him, that's their loss. :)

mishar
03-19-2006, 02:18 AM
Those are wise words, Deb. I'm going to try to follow your Zen wisdom!

Deboogle!.
03-19-2006, 02:28 AM
LOL I dunno how wise they are - it took me over a year at this board to realize it. I guess being a Roddick fan... we get it a lot and a lot more than most and at some point to keep my sanity I just had to learn to ignore what people say.

They say once you get success, you get haters. Comes with the territory.

WE know the truth about James, who cares about them :devil:

ataptc
03-19-2006, 02:46 AM
i didn't know the match was showing on tv and woke up in time for 2nd set and James was SO AWESOME :D :D :D :D :D :D :D He clearly made my day! Good Luck in the finals :)

edit: How could I forget to congratulate James on making it to the top ten :D

goodwoman
03-19-2006, 02:54 AM
I hope James doesn't celebrate too much tonight. He's got an 11 am match in the morning against some guy who's got a reputation for being pretty good. James isn't used to these morning matches; remember the first set against Sam Querrey in Round 2. :eek: Then he woke up and everything was good.

Get some good rest tonight, James! Keep up the fighting spirit! You can beat this guy! :fiery:

PaulieM
03-19-2006, 03:46 AM
I'd kind of quit posting on here (although i'm far from quitting my obsessed tennis following) but I just couldn't resist a huge CONGRATULATIONS to james on an awesome 2006 so far and rising to #9 in the rankings (and since nobody i know cares about tennis this is the place to celebrate). I'm so fricking proud of James!! everyone knows i love him to death and couldn't be happier to see him getting all these amazing results. :yippee: :hearts: :sobbing:<--- tears of joy. and while i'll be torn between james and roger tomorrow i'd be far from sad to see james win it. :) ok now that i'm done with that. :wavey:

AgassiDomination
03-19-2006, 03:58 AM
Blake.... wow. This is something to celebrate about, but I'll hold out till after the final. (Imagine if Blake somehow manages to win. :secret: )

Dirk
03-19-2006, 04:40 AM
James should be very ready for the final. He has come a long way. This match will be very fun because of their styles.