This joke hurts. (*tell Andy Roddick the truth) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

This joke hurts. (*tell Andy Roddick the truth)

partygirl
01-23-2006, 11:36 PM
do you think anyone is telling andy the truth...that there is a problem & things are not going well in the big picture?

if you ask me i dont think much of anything has changed since last season,
i know its only been 4 matches but still.

after his last press conference he seemed so out of touch that it made me wonder if after an entire year of some big let downs, if anybody stands up and says:

"andy that was just no good."
"andy that was not good enough"

my biggest fear for him is that he is surrounded by yes-men with laid back non confrontational attitudes...
there is always tommorrow... without the ability to learn from what has and will continue to go wrong.

if you ask me after the aussie open specifically somebody needs to stand up and say to his face- "andy that was fucked up!"
(maybe im wrong:shrug: )

i understand that somethings you just cant see until someone points it out and makes it impossible to ignore,
but do you think he even ever bothers to watch his matches-
he should...cause if he did i think it would break his heart the same way he has broken ours.

i dont want my signature to be how andy roddick is remembered

Deboogle!.
01-23-2006, 11:39 PM
If it's true that his coach, trainer, and agent were all in a hallway discussing the problems.... if that's true and they haven't said it to HIM??????? I'd be utterly floored.

I can't believe, of all these people that are so close to him, beyond his team - PMac, Courier, Cliffy, John, etc. etc. etc. etc. - haven't said something to him or his team, etc.

I just find it EXTRAORDINARILY hard to believe someone hasn't told him the truth.

But being told the truth doesn't mean he's gonna do anything about it :shrug:

nkhera1
01-23-2006, 11:41 PM
They better tell him that for supposedly being a power player he should work on hitting more winners.

Deboogle!.
01-23-2006, 11:45 PM
That's what the "constant aggression" Mantra was supposed to be all about, no? Well, maybe not winners, but at least forcing the issue and at worst, getting a lot more errors from the other guy.

I mean, not long ago, Andy HIMSELF was talking about how the tentative passive play was his demise. So he's obviously not completely unaware. What he seems to be unaware of is how to adjust mid-match and get the confidence to change his gameplan if a guy come out playing really well.

nkhera1
01-23-2006, 11:50 PM
That's what the "constant aggression" Mantra was supposed to be all about, no? Well, maybe not winners, but at least forcing the issue and at worst, getting a lot more errors from the other guy.

I mean, not long ago, Andy HIMSELF was talking about how the tentative passive play was his demise. So he's obviously not completely unaware. What he seems to be unaware of is how to adjust mid-match and get the confidence to change his gameplan if a guy come out playing really well.

Agreed I mean winners shouldn't be the most important thing but looking at what his opponent did his numbers seem ridicilous. You would think that he is a grinder from the backcourt (which is actually what his game is right now). He wasn't attacking 2nd serves and every time he came up to volley I knew he was going to lose the point (I think I was wrong 1 time). I agree with you that he needs to fix the backhand slice or dump it. It doesn't slide through the court as much as a player like Fed's and he doesn't have Federer's tennis sense.

Noelle
01-23-2006, 11:53 PM
:sobbing:

partygirl
01-24-2006, 12:08 AM
"He's now gone from being a really great talent or whatever to, in my mind, not a great player anymore," Wilander said of Roddick. "Now it's becoming ordinary, totally ordinary."

Wilander expressed frustration with Roddick's tactics against Baghdatis, particularly his tendency to hit huge forehand returns from way behind the baseline he was also mystified by Roddick's decision to hit sliced backhands from positions of strength.

"When he's not in control of the point, he tries to hit a two-hander," Wilander said. "He's got the whole strategy turned around."

Wilander also said Roddick's increasingly frequent forays to the net were too predictable. "He's neutralized his own game and power; he's neutralized himself," Wilander said.
these are the kind of statements that need to be said to big boys face...
i think he can take it, we all know im not the most savy person when it comes to tennis tactics & technique but that last comment about him neutralizing himself & his own power seems so dead on- you can literally see it...
then add poor mentality and what is increasingly bad body language (i dont care if your getting passed left & right you dont hang your head after each one like a bitch and let your opponent know its getting to you...even if it is)
disasterous & shameful is what it is and its mounting.

the other thing about positioning-
i understand that he (when younger) was a grinder and just got used to staying that far back...so if he continues to imploy this, should'nt he be able to tap into that inner grinder:lol: and use it, chase those balls down and get em back?
i mean even this doesnt seem too available, so why do it...i understand habit but habit without perpose is just nonsense that needs to be stopped cold.

Carito_90
01-24-2006, 12:35 AM
That stuff Wilander said just made me cry. I mean, they did, literally. I don't even know what it'd do if I were Andy and were told that stuff.

Of course people must be telling him lots of things, and Doug and Dean are probably not just sitting and telling him 'everything's fine'.

I just... don't know what he needs anymore. If he ever got a sports psycologist and didn't work... I think it'd be it.

heya
01-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Andy refuses to trust his game. He's afraid of hearing the words, "Retire if you don't care." He says he cares, but the facial expression tells the story, "I can win with immature emotions & false modesty."
He won't trust himself because HEROIC LEGENDS deserve love...
he won't believe he deserves respect. Thus, we see his intentional "emotions worn on sleeve". I don't need to watch Mr. Nice, Whipping Boy. He has a classy personality....there's no need to make Federer, Agassi, etc., look perfect because you were taught to be an embarrassing fool (footnote in tennis history of losers).

Imo, he doesn't trust his own fitness, so he half-heartedly volleys to avoid doing smart point construction. He thinks, "High level tennis is not in my "CARDS."
Maybe, he looked at all match statistics & cried like Mama's boy.

He's speedy. More + more versatile, year after year,
but he just wants to be macho & MINDLESS.
So, he enjoys screaming at the crowd.
The Davis Cup ties make this problem worse.
(I"VE SEEN GREAT SHOTMAKING BUT HE WON'T WORK ALL THE TIME. He can't move fast enough... confidence is gone because he can't see he's stressing his body by serving 150 mph. Drop some pounds in the legs + trunk area in order to jump, slide + reach the ball.)

ROOD, there won't be Davis Cup wins. Don't let your family + McEnroe bully you off court. YOU'RE A TENNIS STAR, NOT A DAMN meathead for them to live vicariously through.
Don't bully coaches around in practice. If you can't take the publicity, GET OUT, RODD.

partygirl
01-24-2006, 12:45 AM
That stuff Wilander said just made me cry. I mean, they did, literally. I don't even know what it'd do if I were Andy and were told that stuff.

sorry i had to re-post it caro, but did it make you cry because it was hurtful or because it was true?

and heya i agree with that comment about false modesty...it seems since he won the open he has this hyper humility...it makes me think its over compensation for something...what i dont know but im highly suspicious of people like that there is no way you can think like that and still really believe you can go out there and triumph- even if its just for the media...its telling :o :( :confused:

Carito_90
01-24-2006, 12:53 AM
sorry i had to re-post it caro, but did it make you cry because it was hurtful or because it was true?

Both, I guess. Coming from Mats... I mean, he knows what he's talking about. It's just... *sigh*

Noelle
01-24-2006, 12:56 AM
All I can do is cry. :(

RodLo
01-24-2006, 12:58 AM
do you think anyone is telling andy the truth...that there is a problem & things are not going well in the big picture?

I sure as hell hope so. If not, that boy needs a new posse. :p

Noelle
01-24-2006, 01:03 AM
I just noticed we all kinda have the same kind of av :lol:

surfpinky
01-24-2006, 01:04 AM
I'm sure at least his brother has told him how it is...

Carito_90
01-24-2006, 01:12 AM
I really didn't want to talk about this anymore... can't we just... stop and move on to DC or whatever? It's just useless.

partygirl
01-24-2006, 01:27 AM
I'm sure at least his brother has told him how it is...
that's what i hope.
john knows what he's talking about and the look on his face during that match- well i would have been the same way if my baby brother was :o

john better set "kid roddick" straight in the way only a sibling can,
cause right now i think an older brother is as close as andy's gonna get to a psychologist. :rolleyes:

heya
01-24-2006, 01:44 AM
but the Roddicks/commentators made the error in judgement by hyping Andy up in Sportscentury TV biography. Were they fooled by his enthusiasm, which hid his insecurity and hatred of hard work?

nkhera1
01-24-2006, 03:35 AM
Well if andy Roddick doesn't know the state he is than he really needs help.

blosson
01-24-2006, 11:05 AM
How funny we all think the same. I think Andy is either lying or he's in dennial. I agree that enyone who's seen his worst loses will agree that he's NOT fine. I also wonder if he watches his own matches, it doesn't look like from what he usually say in interviews... quite sad. His body language completely changes when he's down and it's impossible not to see. I hope his people is doing something about it, seriously.

Winston's Human
01-24-2006, 11:22 AM

The stuff Wilander said is legitimate constructive criticism, which any professional (whether sports, business ...) should hear. Wilander laid out specific problems and offered specific solutions.

ANDY PLEASE LISTEN TO WHAT MATS IS SAYING!!!

partygirl
01-24-2006, 03:45 PM
I also wonder if he watches his own matches, it doesn't look like from what he usually say in interviews... quite sad. His body language completely changes when he's down and it's impossible not to see.

andy needs to start having his matches taped & watch them!!!
i think that would be something...especially if he says he's kinda left searching for answers :confused: i think we all know just where you can find them... and the problems too:yeah:

...that is if he is really actually interested in finding them :rolleyes:
-simple yet effective idea-

Nishy
01-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Quote:
"He's now gone from being a really great talent or whatever to, in my mind, not a great player anymore," Wilander said of Roddick. "Now it's becoming ordinary, totally ordinary."

Wilander expressed frustration with Roddick's tactics against Baghdatis, particularly his tendency to hit huge forehand returns from way behind the baseline he was also mystified by Roddick's decision to hit sliced backhands from positions of strength.

"When he's not in control of the point, he tries to hit a two-hander," Wilander said. "He's got the whole strategy turned around."

Wilander also said Roddick's increasingly frequent forays to the net were too predictable. "He's neutralized his own game and power; he's neutralized himself," Wilander said.

Would you tell me the link of this Wilander comments source?

Carito_90
01-24-2006, 05:10 PM
The stuff Wilander said is legitimate constructive criticism, which any professional (whether sports, business ...) should hear. Wilander laid out specific problems and offered specific solutions.

ANDY PLEASE LISTEN TO WHAT MATS IS SAYING!!!

I do understand that and I never said he shouldn't be told that... but you know, if it made ME cry, it must be so tough for him to assimilate it. I can understand why he's in sort of... 'denial' you could say. It must be really tough.

Just... I think it's enough already. :sad:

blosson
01-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Would you tell me the link of this Wilander comments source?

Tangy has posted in another thread
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2978221&postcount=484

blosson
01-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Every year you have a few new and talented playes stepping up, the top 10 changes all the time, the only constant is Roger at number 1. As long as Andy can keep himself in the top 10 (hopefully in the top 5) I guess, it's what he can really achieve career wise. It's almost impossible for him to be number 1 again, as sad as it can be.

As a fan, I wish him the best but reality is knocking at the door. He just need to be the best he can possibly be as he said before, but that might not be the best in the world. :awww:

That said, I still think he will have another winning streak at some point in his career. Let's wait and see.

Nishy
01-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Tangy has posted in another thread
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2978221&postcount=484
Thanks!

Blosson, my daughter really loves your av character(it's blue, right?). :)

heya
01-24-2006, 07:29 PM
He has the knowledge/ability to serve and return like a genius. I wasn't blind for 5 years.
It's unfortunate that his family won't allow him to work with a coach and practice partner who pick on his weaknesses in practice. He's very arrogant & ignorant(standoffish) because fulfilling wishes of friends/playing in exhibitions ARE MORE IMPORTANT than seeking HELP.

I've seen his footwork deteriorate since the summer of 2003.
Weighing 190-200 pounds only makes hiim slow as hell.
It made him give up. It's not because he can't move faster or has little talent.

heya
01-24-2006, 08:33 PM
BTW, Pat Mc called Marcos a genius.
Fowler called his bluff : "Pat, you used the description 'genius'?!" Pat laughed.

Pat's still pissed off about Andy, so he tried to explain it to himself by pretending that Andy got bashed bad by opponents with strategic genius. Yes, Andy never gave up & showed up correctly prepared. :haha:

Marcos didn't need to do much, but watch Andy give up on 15-40 opportunities. PatCoward declared, "He handled Roddick." Before the Ljubicic match, Pat thought Ljubicic was better than Andy..."Roddick got outaced....I didn't think Ljubicic was able to be outaced." DIMWIT CAPTAIN PAT.

tangerine_dream
01-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Andy *was* quite ordinary in that particular match and he had beaten himself before Marcos even got a hold of him. That's what makes the loss even more disappointing and hard to take.

The only good news is that Andy managed to play like himself and with confidence for the first three matches. I don't know what happened before the Marcos match to make Andy suddenly doubt himself--did he even have a gameplan for Baghdatis? Who's not doing his job of scouting?--but somebody (Dean?) is not doing enough to pump Andy up and get him ready for unknown players as good as Baghdatis is.

Andy was playing not to lose instead of playing to win. That's a loser's mentality. He needs to snap out of it. He is capable of much better tennis and everyone knows it.

Deboogle!.
01-24-2006, 09:09 PM
The only good news is that Andy managed to play like himself and with confidence for the first three matches. I don't know what happened before the Marcos match to make Andy suddenly doubt himself--did he even have a gameplan for Baghdatis? Who's not doing his job of scouting?--but somebody (Dean?) is not doing enough to pump Andy up and get him ready for unknown players as good as Baghdatis is.But, Marcos ISN'T unknown. Andy himself said he watched him play against Stepanek a couple rounds earlier. Andy knew exactly what to expect, AR.com had an audio interview where Andy himself broke down Marcos's game!!! This was definitely not a scouting problem, since there's proof that Andy himself knew exactly what to expect. He just didn't execute. The problem is why.

heya
01-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Everyone's giving him the idea that his serve needs no work.
Then, they all smirk when he volleys and runs on clay.
"My movement isn't very good, expecially on clay..." He says this, so it's no shock that he hates to change. Have fun now, forget about the future.

It's ironic that he lives and dies by the serve.

All he had to do was lean to his left or right to slide his serve around the box.
Tennis is just a hobby to him, just a 2nd priority.

There's no need to whack predictable 145 mph bombs that can easily be blocked immediately by him.

The only explanation is he wants to retire....
only he's capable of being creative & wise again.

his family and Dean aren't brilliant enough to know the answers.
You don't choose coaches from Davis Cup just 'cause they're friends of your friends.
Not cutting your losses equals disaster.
NonAmericans sacrificed their lives to reach their potential.
Andy convinced everyone that he's a damn joke in front millions of fans. Congrats!
You get paid 50 million dollars to humiliate yourself, stubborn ass :retard:.

Chris Fowler can't stop hyping Andy's tank jobs. Marcos's a talented, fast, hard worker. A Slam champion? No.

DISGRACEFUL!

partygirl
01-25-2006, 02:17 AM
It's ironic that he lives and dies by the serve.
Tennis is just a hobby to him, just a 2nd priority.
The only explanation is he wants to retire.
his family and Dean aren't brilliant enough to know the answers.
You don't choose coaches from Davis Cup just 'cause they're friends of your friends.

Andy convinced everyone that he's a damn joke in front millions of fans.
You get paid 50 million dollars to humiliate yourself, stubborn ass :retard:.
DISGRACEFUL!
He has the knowledge/ability.
It's unfortunate that his family won't allow him to work with a coach and practice partner who pick on his weaknesses in practice. He's very arrogant & ignorant(standoffish) because fulfilling wishes of friends/playing in exhibitions ARE MORE IMPORTANT than seeking HELP.
I've seen his footwork deteriorate since the summer of 2003.
Weighing 190-200 pounds only makes him slow as hell. :lick: :lol:
It's not because he can't move faster or has little talent.

well...yeah. :angel:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :help: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

partygirl
01-25-2006, 05:51 PM
from ar.com:scared:

As always, Coach Dean Goldfine finds the right words to articulate Andy’s triumphs and struggles. After returning back to the states from a turbulent road in Australia, Dean gave Ar.com exclusive feedback on their experience down under.

“It was a disappointing ending to a great trip. Andy playing 5 great matches up to the loss to Baghdatis,” Dean reflected on the strength of Andy’s new assertive attitude. “His aggressive style of play has instantly paid dividends for him. Unfortunately he ran into an extremely hot player and Andy came out on the short end.”

after clinching the title in Kooyong and a fourth round finish at the Australian Open. “With that being said, I feel Andy’s best year ever is ahead of him. He is in the best shape of his life(so what :rolleyes: ) and is hitting the ball better than he ever has. He is playing a more aggressive game ( :lol: ) which will allow him to dominate his opponents,” Dean touched on Andy’s improvement.

"Boo." :bs:
-tow the line...tow the line :banghead:

seven
01-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Wow :eek: Anymore proofs needed that this coach will not get the best out of Andy, but probably the worst?
Andys preparation was probably great, his attitude was great (except a little lack of confidence, maybe), but the quality of his game was simply not there. How can Goldfine seriously say, Andy was more aggressive
Approaching the net with some poor approach shots is not aggressive, it´s stupid :smash: .
Of course, now as Baghdatis has reached the final, his loss looks less worse and this will probably make Andy and his coach feel confirmed, but imo Baghdatis was not been playing like from another planet. He was beatable, but Roddick was completely helpless against a player that has good groundstrokes (forehand and backhand) and good sense for the game, and that should be a disturbing sign for the former world number 1 and GS-champion.
Sure you can have a day, where you can´t find your game, but Andy wasn´t playing much worse than he usually plays. In his press conference after the match there was no selfcritical word from him, just a ` my opponent played an extremely good match today, I would´ve probably beaten most other players today` :tape: .
Andy seems to not have a good understanding for the game, so he easily believes, what coaches tell him. His potential is despitely great, so it´s really a shame :rolleyes:
I know it´s easy for us to tell him what he should do, but it´s obvious that he needs to change something.

blosson
01-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Woa. Marcos. At least it's now confirmed Andy lost to a guy who's beaten 2 other players many critics consider to be better than him. ;)

Yeah, it doesn't look that bad now.

Noelle
01-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Uh yeah. But Andy still lost in the fourth round playing tentative tennis. :(

I'm happy for Marcos, though. :)

blosson
01-26-2006, 12:58 PM
The way Andy gave up that match was unforgivable. But if you look back at USO when he lost to Muller in straights and then Muller lost in straights straight after, that was real bad.

Noelle
01-26-2006, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I definitely think the US Open loss was more embarrassing, especially in light of what Baghdatis has now accomplished. :)

blosson
01-26-2006, 01:17 PM
The problem is there will be another young gun shooting past Andy in the rankings if Marcos continues to play like this. I want to see Marcos having this kind of run in US soil, like at IW and Miami. Hopefully Andy gets most of the crowd support there.

Does Marcos have cousins over there?:unsure:

heya
01-26-2006, 09:58 PM
I think it's Andy and David's faults. They had break point chances to control the last 2 sets of the match....Instead, they kept thinking, "I'm doubting my abillity to win the Slam. I've no energy anymore. I choked with a chance to take control of Marcos. It's not worth it. Federer's the hero everywhere."

guida
01-26-2006, 10:50 PM
The problem is there will be another young gun shooting past Andy in the rankings if Marcos continues to play like this. I want to see Marcos having this kind of run in US soil, like at IW and Miami. Hopefully Andy gets most of the crowd support there.

Does Marcos have cousins over there?:unsure:

:haha: Well, the Greek community is pretty big in the States, isn't it? I would also like to see Marcos fare well there, let's hope he can cope with all the expectations surrounding him from now on.

Deboogle!.
01-26-2006, 10:56 PM
:haha: Well, the Greek community is pretty big in the States, isn't it? lol, they're in pockets, I grew up in a small city of under 50,000 people with a HUGE Greek population. But, there are lots of places where there aren't any, I'd imagine. In a place like New York, there will be lots of Greeks of course. In Miami or Palm Springs, I'm not so sure lol

guida
01-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Yeah, but they're sure to flock to wherever Marcos will be... :lol: ;)

Deboogle!.
01-26-2006, 11:02 PM
Maybe :lol:

partygirl
02-19-2006, 07:25 AM
"SEE A SHRINK"
-no offense-

partygirl
02-25-2006, 02:14 AM
results like today's just make me feel...
andy is only good for objectifacation.
really its the one dependable thing- he likes it.
http://img132.imagevenue.com/loc234/th_37125_untitled.JPG (http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc234&image=37125_untitled.JPG)click

williaer
02-25-2006, 02:41 AM
the truth:

ANDY, YOU SUCK

Noelle
02-25-2006, 03:02 AM
DAMMIT! :fiery:

WuMiE
02-25-2006, 03:09 AM
WHATEVER ANDY. WHATEVER !

partygirl
07-02-2006, 06:38 AM
tell andy roddick the truth

Andy is mental and it's effecting me.

when as an individual you can feel better/worse all day because of something someone else did or did not do...well...then you've got it bad.

Im effected:wavey:
and i can't help it.

& at this rate burnout is eminent for everyone.
...does he know the power he yields, really?

theMEESH
07-02-2006, 07:03 AM
anyone who sees andy should just walk up to him and smack him upside the head, don't say anything, just smack.

and when he asks why you did it... just tell him that you were trying to smack some sense into him... (or say something less cliched. the words are really just up to you)....

maybe then he'll get it.

blosson
07-02-2006, 11:42 AM
I think his people are telling him the true. Everyone can see what he is doing wrong and have an opinion on what he has to do to improve. Just by listening to John Mac commentating yesterday you could see he thinks Andy has to come to the net (althought it was not working at all) and hit the forehand using the legs (whatever he meant I dont' know). John Roddick thinks he has go back to his old ways and somebody else thinks he as to practice his backhand and so on.

I think he is listening too much. He should check his performance for himself - watch his old and recent matches and cry. He should also watch other players tapes as I believe he doesn't do this very often.

warmy
07-02-2006, 08:08 PM
What kills me is that Andy lost in this last match, primary because he just didn't put away the shots he got from the middle of the court. The shots he's suppose to be waiting for! The "Thank-you very much" shots. He wasn't hitting the short balls with any kind of authority or pace, was putting way too much spin on shots he was going deep with, and just wasn't hitting any good topspin angles.

Credit to Murray, he kept giving Andy short angled shots that he wasn't comfortable playing (especially on his backhand side) and that Andy wouldn't/couldn't put away, and trapping Andy in the middle of the court, where he felt like he had to play volleys. He should have started moving back after hitting the short shots, like he said in the press confrence.

Andy lost on his game. It hurts.

Deboogle!.
07-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Andy's being told the truth. I'm convinced of it.

Bagelicious
07-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Andy's being told the truth. I'm convinced of it.

While I'm with you on this, there's a difference between simply recognising the truth and internalising it. I'm sure we've all been in situations where we were in the wrong (and we knew it), but still tried to find some justification or excuse.

It's only with a little more time/maturity/hindsight that you really realise just how wrong you were and that there wasn't anything to justify it.

I think Andy may have been in the first stage for a while (since last years USO), hopefully this loss will be the catalyst that really gets him to think about things and seriously be able to turn them around.

Like someone said, Andy still has a few winning streaks in him yet - he's only 23 so he has time to work this through. He has time to get some perspective and figure out what he's really willing to change/capable of and what he isn't.

Deboogle!.
07-02-2006, 10:20 PM
While I'm with you on this, there's a difference between simply recognising the truth and internalising it. I'm sure we've all been in situations where we were in the wrong (and we knew it), but still tried to find some justification or excuse.

It's only with a little more time/maturity/hindsight that you really realise just how wrong you were and that there wasn't anything to justify it.

I think Andy may have been in the first stage for a while (since last years USO), hopefully this loss will be the catalyst that really gets him to think about things and seriously be able to turn them around.

Like someone said, Andy still has a few winning streaks in him yet - he's only 23 so he has time to work this through.Well, that was my point, I guess. he's being told the truth but it's either not sinking in or he's not doing the right things to rectify it, etc. But I'm convinced on an intellectual level, he is being told by John and others. They're just simply not that dumb, none of them.

This has been going on way longer than last year's USO. USO 2004 maybe!!!! It's just really really reared its head this year. He still won lots of small titles and went deep in some slams so people didn't notice the really awful losses he had, but us observant fans did and we've been talking about this since the 2004 USO and shortly thereafter.

It's nice that he's hopeful and stuff but this "I'm just gonna keep working hard hoping something good will happen" attitude is a little passive I think. Bringing his brother back really was a good thing I think, but it hasn't really come to fruition yet, and it's been several months. I think Jimmy is a bold and gutsy step, but it might be what he needs.

Ultimately, I think he knows what's wrong, and doesn't how to fix it.

blosson
07-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Andy is trying to use his brains - something he should have never tried. :unsure:

Deboogle!.
07-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Andy is trying to use his brains - something he should have never tried. :unsure:quite true. thinking too much is probably his biggest problem. He's not playing the point, one point at a time. Even he himself said that he's playing his best when he's just out there playing and reacting and playing on instinct. it's when he thinks about what to do that he gets that tentative tendency back. Playing soooo fast that night against Mayer probably helped. he just wasn't giving himself any time to think whatsoever.