French fans - make some noise!!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

French fans - make some noise!!!!

Sammy
01-22-2006, 01:14 PM
With 3 French guys still in the draw, you'd think that Melbourne Park would be swarming with their fans....but as it is, I can't distinguish fans of Seb, Paulo and Fabrice from your normal, everyday citizens.

Yesterday I was at the Grosjean/Coria match and it really surprised me that there was very little in the way of 'cheering' for him. Everyone was so quiet! A voice here and there. Allez Seb or something in French. But that was about all I could hear and I was in front row next to court. Even I felt intimidated by the lack of cheering....and only called encouragements twice!

Lots of clapping, yes...same as for Coria........but no actual cheering for him.

It's all very well to yell out 'Allez Seb' or 'Go Sebastien' etc etc every now and then, but a group of 10 or something cheering together would have a better effect than one lone voice in the crowd.

I've seen it with the Swedish fans, Baghdatis, Hewitt and even Lars Burgsmuller...lol about his cheersquad...

So come on French followers! Get out there with your loud voices and flags and face paintings and.....lol.....headbands etc etc.

Don't be shy guys!

Marine
01-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Sammy that's nice of you but you know, I think there are not many french people in Melbourne, it's not like the Greeks, cos there is a big greek communuty in Australia they use to come in the tournament every year etc... it seems there are some french supporters and (what they show us at tv) they have flags but it's true they don't make noise, sometimes I just hear some french cheerings that's all. They don't come together.
Believe me at 3.00 am I cheer for seb but I don't make noise enough to be listened down under ! lol

Maybe the supporters just need some help at the beginning, if you start to yell something special in french they'll wake up, or better, sing the marseillaise in general it works ! lol

But seb loves the atmosphere he says he likes to see french flags in the crowd and painted faces... ;)

xuzizhen
01-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Sammy i fell the same when i went to watch the TMC2005 in Shanghai i found little french/french flag there for Fab/Mika

esther
01-23-2006, 08:35 PM
sammy were u there at his match against Hanescu? and yesterdays match against Paulo?? he had HEAPS AND HEAPS of vocal support!!!

its just coz he was playing in vodaphone against Coria...the other matches have been good.