>> Time for the 1st title of the year - Vamos Feña in Viña << [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

>> Time for the 1st title of the year - Vamos Feña in Viña <<

Fergie
01-20-2006, 04:04 PM
The last year Feña lost in the final, now is time to take the title again ... Vamos Feña! :bounce:

NicoFan
01-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Hey Olimpo :wavey: who knows everything. :lol: How many seeds are there in Vina?

RogiFan88
01-20-2006, 04:41 PM
VAMOS, FENA!!! Make up those lost points in your place!! ;)

olimpo
01-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Hey Olimpo :wavey: who knows everything. :lol: How many seeds are there in Vina?

Well I don't know everything but I know most of the times where to find what I want to know ;) It's 8 seeds.

NicoFan
01-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Well I don't know everything but I know most of the times where to find what I want to know ;) It's 8 seeds.

I can never find anything. :lol:

Fergie
01-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Feña will be the 2nd seed ... A possible final against Gaston again

enqvistfan
01-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Vamos Fernando :bounce: You'll catch the title :)

Sparko1030
01-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Best of Luck to Fena in Vina!!! :hatoff:

(As I posted on Nico's Vina thread I want both Fernando and Nico to do well in their home country and both need wins after dissapointment at AO-I dearly hope they're on different sides of the draw or it may drive me crazy :crazy: )

Fergie
01-20-2006, 06:11 PM
(As I posted on Nico's Vina thread I want both Fernando and Nico to do well in their home country and both need wins after dissapointment at AO-I dearly hope they're on different sides of the draw or it may drive me crazy :crazy: )
I don't want to see the boys playing against before the final :angel:

NicoFan
01-20-2006, 06:26 PM
This is one of the few times of the year that I can't root for Fernando at all and it makes me sad. :sad:

But I do hope my Fernando sweet pea is healthy and stays healthy. :hug:

GonzoFan
01-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Good Luck to Feña in Viña del Mar !!!

it's time to take the title for the third time there :yeah:

VAMOS !!!!! :rocker2:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
01-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Feña will be the 2nd seed ... A possible final against Gaston again

Just hope he will beat Gaston this time. :rocker: It's impossible to lose to him every time. :fiery:

Fergie
01-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Just hope he will beat Gaston this time. :rocker: It's impossible to lose to him every time. :fiery:
After what happened in Shangai our Feña should do it! ;)

GonzoFan
01-21-2006, 08:52 AM
Entry List

1 Gaudio, Gaston ARG 10
2 Gonzalez, Fernando CHI 11
3 Kuerten, Gustavo BRA 30
4 Volandri, Filippo ITA 39
5 Chela, Juan Ignacio ARG 40
6 Acasuso, Jose ARG 41
7 Calleri, Agustin ARG 52
8 Massu, Nicolas CHI 65
9 Montanes, Albert ESP 71
10 Berlocq, Carlos ARG 79
11 Pashanski, Boris SCG 82
12 Zabaleta, Mariano ARG 83
13 Horna, Luis PER 84
14 Monaco, Juan ARG 85
15 Behrend, Tomas GER 89
16 Daniel, Marcos BRA 94
17 Lapentti, Nicolas ECU 95
18 Saretta, Flavio BRA 109
19 Vicente, Fernando ESP 110
20 Marin, Juan Antonio CRC 113
21 Almagro, Nicolas ESP 114
22 Hernandez, Oscar ESP 115
23 Mantilla, Felix ESP 117
24 (SE)
25 (SE)
26 (WC)
27 (WC)
28 (WC)
29 (Q)
30 (Q)
31 (Q)
32 (Q)

Alternates
1. Mazarakis, Vasilis GRE 118
2. Portas, Albert ESP 119
3. Ramirez Hidalgo, Ruben ESP 120
4. Di Mauro, Alessio ITA 125
5. Marach, Oliver AUT 127
6. Greul, Simon GER 130
7. Delgado, Ramon PAR 131
8. Navarro Pastor, Ivan ESP 138
9. Luczak, Peter AUS 145
10. Ventura, Santiago ESP 146
11. Capdeville, Paul CHI 148
12. Garcia, Adrian CHI 149
13. Patience, Olivier FRA 151
14. Alves, Thiago BRA 152
15. Del Potro, Juan Martin ARG 157

I♥PsY@Mus!c
01-22-2006, 04:10 PM
After what happened in Shangai our Feña should do it! ;)
He should.But that match is on indoor.I just hope Feña will be more patient to play against him instead of taking risk to hit many ues. :cool:

I hope Guga and Chucho will do well in this tourney too! :aplot:

Fergie
01-22-2006, 06:38 PM
I hope Guga and Chucho will do well in this tourney too! :aplot:
Me too ... I hope that all my favs reach at least to QF because I can't go to watch tennis before that :lol:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
01-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Me too ... I hope that all my favs reach at least to QF because I can't go to watch tennis before that :lol:
Good luck to you,Laura! :hatoff:
BTW I just found our taste is quite similar! :bigclap: I like Chucho recently too! :lick:

Fergie
01-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Good luck to you,Laura! :hatoff:
BTW I just found our taste is quite similar! :bigclap: I like Chucho recently too! :lick:
Yeah, but I know that you don't like one of my favs! ;)

RogiFan88
01-24-2006, 03:22 AM
Is there a tournament website yet?

GonzoFan
01-24-2006, 03:44 AM
Is there a tournament website yet?

http://abierto.movistar.cl/index.htm

Sparko1030
01-24-2006, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the link Gonzofan! I tried the old site and of course it wouldn't come up and now I know why-different sponser.

Corinna
01-24-2006, 04:14 PM
:woohoo: :) good luck Feña
it's time to win it again...

I♥PsY@Mus!c
01-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Yeah, but I know that you don't like one of my favs! ;)
He won too much and tennis is so boring nowadays, :yawn: even though many people hate Kiwi,I will cheer for him tomorrow too! :p

Sparko1030
01-27-2006, 02:48 PM
He won too much and tennis is so boring nowadays, :yawn: even though many people hate Kiwi,I will cheer for him tomorrow too! :p

Sorry about Kiwi, Radicalgirl. ( I didn't have an opinion of him till I saw him play Grosjean and he wasn't on his best behavior then :unsure: ) Anyway, he did take a set off Roger and that is actually pretty good.

SuperRevelation
01-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Lets go Gonzo lets go :)

*Viva Chile*
01-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Surely this will be the easiest draw in a ATP tournament for Feña in this year :lol:

GonzoFan
01-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Guga :sad:, Chela, Zabaleta, Volandri ... out

Fergie
01-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Main Draw

(1) GAUDIO, Gaston ARG v (WC) PARADA, Felipe CHI
ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP v RAMIREZ HIDALGO, Ruben ESP
CAPDEVILLE, Paul CHI v VENTURA, Santiago ESP
MONACO, Juan ARG v (6) MONTANES, Albert ESP

(3) ACASUSO, Jose ARG v NAVARRO PASTOR, Ivan ESP
Qualifier v HORNA, Luis PER
(WC) AGUILAR, Jorge CHI v (WC) HORMAZABAL, Guillermo CHI
Qualifier v (7) BERLOCQ, Carlos ARG

(5) MASSU, Nicolas CHI v DANIEL, Marcos BRA
Qualifier v MARIN, Juan Antonio CRC
Qualifier v BEHREND, Tomas GER
VICENTE, Fernando ESP v (4) CALLERI, Agustin ARG

(8) PASHANSKI, Boris SCG v SARETTA, Flavio BRA
DI MAURO, Alessio ITA v GARCIA, Adrian CHI
DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG v PORTAS, Albert ESP
MAZARAKIS, Vasilis GRE v (2) GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI

Vamos Feña! :bounce:

GonzoFan
01-29-2006, 01:35 AM
VAMOS FEÑA !!!!! :banana:

Win your first title of the year !!!!! :banana:

too bad he and Nico are in the same half of the draw ...

GonzoFan
01-29-2006, 01:38 AM
My plans have change again and I'll arrive to Viña on Tuesday morning so hopefully I'll go to Gonzo's first round match :D

Fergie
01-29-2006, 01:52 AM
I waited today for Feña until 9 pm and he never appeared to practising ... I'll go tomorrow again, I hope to have more luck :p

enqvistfan
01-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Thanks for posting the draw :hug: Gonzo will win a couple of matches.
Sad that Guga withdrew :( Do you know the reason ?
Have fun girls at the tournament, please tell us everything !!

Fergie
01-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Feña today practiced only his serve ... Seems like he feels better of his shoulder :)

Sparko1030
01-29-2006, 10:57 PM
too bad he and Nico are in the same half of the draw ...

:awww: My thoughts too Gonzofan but at least they won't meet till the semis which is the next best thing to being on opposite sides of the draw.

And a big GOOD LUCK to Fernando!!!! :rocker: He's already had some good luck with the draw and now he needs some good luck with his shoulder-speaking of...that's good news form you ,Fergie, on his shoulder-hope it continues.

RogiFan88
01-30-2006, 04:01 AM
I've been sleep=deprived fr two weeks of watching Rogelio but it was all worth it in the end... but anyway, time to CHEER FOR FENA!!!

COOL that some of you can go to that tournament and see Fena!!

Guga apparently w/d cos of a twisted ankle fr practice I believe.

RogiFan88
01-30-2006, 04:05 AM
My plans have change again and I'll arrive to Viña on Tuesday morning so hopefully I'll go to Gonzo's first round match :D

GonzoFan, I'm sure we can count on you to cheer on Fena for all of us!!! :angel:

GonzoFan
01-31-2006, 06:43 AM
Hi Feñaticos :wavey:

Well, I'll be leaving to Viña in 2 hours and wanted to come here to say good bye to all of you! :hug:
Hopefully I'll be able to see all of Gonzo's matches (have to decide one day if I see Gonzo or Gaston but I really want to see Gaston playing :p)
I don't know if I would have internet access but if I do I'll try to write reports of the days I go to the tournament ;)

I'll be cheering for Feña there in Viña for all of us, Los Feñaticos :)

Take care everyone !!!!!

A BIG :hug: to all of you !!!!!

See you all on Monday :bigwave: :kiss: :hug:

VAMOS FERNANDO IN VIÑA DEL MAR

+alonso
01-31-2006, 07:09 AM
MUCHA SUERTE :D MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCHA MUUUUUUUUCHA :D
Ps. I'm still worried about his shoulder :sad:

:wavey: Suerte Maria jose

GonzoFan
01-31-2006, 07:14 AM
MUCHA SUERTE :D MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCHA MUUUUUUUUCHA :D

:wavey: Suerte Maria jose

I'm still so worried too but I just read La Tercera and it says that he was practicing on the evening and he didn't feel any pain and doesn't have any more problems with his serve so that's good news :)

Let's hope everything will be ok ;)

olimpo
01-31-2006, 05:25 PM

Me too Alonso :sad: but that article in La Tercera GonzoFan was referring to sounds promising ;)

I hope he has fully recovered from the shoulder injury and that it won't bother him anymore. Here’s the article. I hope the title will come true and he will indeed begin his way to the title tonight :angel:

http://www.tercera.cl/medio/articulo/0,0,3308_5832_186082493,00.html

González begins way to the title

Fernando González trained yesterday with total normality, without showing any type of ailments in the shoulder. The racket number one of Chile, that makes debut as opposed to Vasilis Mazarakis today, no longer feels annoyances in the shoulder to remove, one of the great disadvantages that it had in the Open one of Australia. "Fernando is very well. He accommodates to him much to play here and he must not have problems in the debut. Very we are trusted that it can win again in "Viña del Mar", said the coach Horacio de la Peña on the debut of his pupilo. Mazarakis, its rival of today as of the 22 hours in the main field, plays for the first time a match ATP from 2004 when Estoril disputed. The level of the east tennis player year has left much to be desired, because it lost in first round in the Challenger of Sao Paulo and the same instance in the Challenger of Santiago.

¡Buena suerte Fernando! :kiss:

enqvistfan
01-31-2006, 06:46 PM
GonzoFan : have fun, and I hope you'll spend great moments there :hug:
Thanks Olimpo for the article :)

Sparko1030
01-31-2006, 08:56 PM
:wavey: Have a great time Gonzofan!!! And its great to hear his shoulder is feeling better :)

FelipeMIA89
02-01-2006, 02:12 AM
wohoooooo GONZO beat V. Mazarakis by a score of 6-1 6-2 !!! U rock GONZO!! I guess you shoulder is feeling better!

Sparko1030
02-01-2006, 02:20 AM
:woohoo: Way to go Fernando!!!! Nice win!!!! :banana:

olimpo
02-01-2006, 02:25 AM
:woohoo:

Congrats Fernando! :bounce:

competitiva5
02-01-2006, 03:01 AM
:clap2:
BIEN!!

RogiFan88
02-01-2006, 04:19 AM
Nice easy win for Fena, just what he needs! GonzoFan, can't wait to hear about your experiences!! ;)

VAMOS, FENA!!

enqvistfan
02-01-2006, 07:14 AM
Congrats Fernando :woohoo:

+alonso
02-01-2006, 07:26 AM
Nice to hear! Phew.. :D
VAMOS FER! :D

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Bravo!!! :bigclap:

RogiFan88
02-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Keep going, Fena!! ;) VAMOS!!

GonzoFan
02-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi :wavey:

I don't have much time to write now but wanted to tell you that I was at Feña's first round match and he played so well!!!! and didn't show problems with his shoulder :D

I don't think I'll go to today's match :sad: but I'll go on Friday to see the QFs

Take care everyone!

Have to go ...

:bigwave:

olimpo
02-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Hi :wavey:

I don't have much time to write now but wanted to tell you that I was at Feña's first round match and he played so well!!!! and didn't show problems with his shoulder :D

I don't think I'll go to today's match :sad: but I'll go on Friday to see the QFs

Take care everyone!

Have to go ...

:bigwave:

Hey GonzoFan :wavey:

great to hear from you :D Glad you got to see his first match and that he played very well :) Sorry you can't go tonight :sad:

Enjoy the rest of the week! :bigwave:

enqvistfan
02-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Nice to hear some news from you GonzoFan, and I'm glad that you are spending a great time there !! Enjoy the rest of the week, hope until sunday :)

Sparko1030
02-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Well, can't get my smilies to work but a "big wave" to you Gonzofan! So glad to hear his shoulder is OK and hope you're having a great time!

Björki
02-02-2006, 07:09 PM
well done Fena :clap2:

enqvistfan
02-02-2006, 07:46 PM
I found an interview of Fernando, on the mega.cl website
http://www.mega.cl/web/Mega/entrevista31.html

Here's a translation :)

The bombardero is killing in Viña

After tuesday's match, where he faced the Greek Mazarakis, and after the loss of Gaudio, Fernando Gonzalez remains the great favourite of the ATP Movistar de Viña del Mar, with more force and with a serve that left all surprised, González showed why he is the number 1 racket of Chile and why he would deserve to enter in the top 10.

Q : You played the tuesday's match very well. Was it a relatively easy match ?

FG : If we look at the result, the match was not so complicated. But to play at home, after not having gained many matches is always difficult. In addition it is always necessary to play against the anxiety to return to play in Chile, in my case, because we play for everyone, but when I like to play is where less play, then in that sense it was well complicated. But now, I have the tranquillity of which finally I am removing, threw more or less, the service and that gives a great tranquillity at the beginning of the match.

Q : How do you do to keep forces for all the week?
FG : What happens is that the moral I keep it for the end of championships. It costs me a lot, so now I prefer to use all the forces and everything what I have every day and finally, maybe tomorrow I won't play. Hopefully, my shoulder is super, I'm ok and hopefully, it works well.

Q :You know Del Potro, your next opponent ?
FG : Yes, he is a very dangerous player, he's raising. I don't know the ranking he has, but that is something secondary in his case, because he is a very young player, who has had many victories. I trained again with him, in fact, he is a player who is beginning mainly in clay. I think that yes, I have hope to win.

Q : Do You feel that there's a pressure to play in Chile ?
FG : No, there's always something extra, something additional when you play at home, mainly when people are coming to support you and hope that you'll win. But there are pro and against. For me, it's a great motivation to arrive in a stadium and to see all the people encourage me, it's something very good.

Q : How do you see the DC Tie next week ?
FG : At the moment, I'm focused on Viña. For me, the DC is always very important, but to arrive in a better shape at Rancagua, I have to play good matches here and if I think to the future, I am not going to have a good match here. Hopefully, that we gain the matches because that allow us to arrive with more confidence and power to play well next week.

Q : Do you feel confident in this ATP tournament ?
FG : I don't know, every day, in tennis, there are more risks. I know, clearly, and it was cleared in Australia, so there is much eye to have on that. The ranking every day weights and the players who are below you, want to defeat you, most of the wins are when you enter on the courts. So, that is something that you can play against also.

Q :Your great rival of the tournament was Gaudio?
FG : The great rival of the tournament for me is Del Potro now, because I am in the second round. It is necessary to see match after match.

Q : Have you completely recovered from your injury ?
FG : I took care of myself, I did not remove in many days, gradually. But now I removed almost to my maximum, so it's good.

olimpo
02-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Thanks for posting the interview Val :hug: You are finding great things these days :)

enqvistfan
02-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Thanks for posting the interview Val :hug: You are finding great things these days :)

You're welcome :) We find great treasures this week. it helps to play in Chile :)

Here are other stuffs, what Massu thinks of our Fernando and what Horacio thinks :) Still from Mega.cl. Just a remark, they should made their website in english also but it makes me improve my spanish :lol:

Massu :

"He is a great player, a great companion, a great friend. Logically, we have burnt the same stages since we are young, so we are very good friends. Hopefully, because when we have to play against each others, we both want to win first"

Horacio :

"He played very well, on tuesday. He surprised me with the force he hit the ball and luckily he recovered totally of his shoulder, his serve was incredible and that make the matches very comfortable to him. In the tournament, there are difficult matches, the next one, with Del Potro, is a hard match, he is an Argentinean who is growing much, is the future promise of Argentine tennis. But I believe that Fernando is in the conditions to defeat him, not easily, but I believe that he is going to win. Later he has another hard match, but quite also playable and later he would have to play against Nico. It is a difficult tournament, but he can play well"

Fergie
02-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Vamos Feña!!! :bounce:

olimpo
02-03-2006, 03:18 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo:

He won 6:3 7:6 it was a difficult match with lots of breaks but he did it in 2 sets and that's what counts.

Well done Fernando! :kiss:

Sparko1030
02-03-2006, 03:46 AM
:banana: YEAY FENA!!!! had to give us a little scare though didn't ya...well, like Olimpo said he won and that is what matters!!! :rocker:

RogiFan88
02-03-2006, 04:09 AM
Yay, Fena in the QFs!! GonzoFan can see him play tomorrow! Next up, that Pashanski guy.

VAMOS, FENA!!!

FelipeMIA89
02-03-2006, 09:27 AM
VAMOS GONZO!!! YOU WON! thats what counts..

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Well done! :aparty:
He will win again for sure! :lol:

Fergie
02-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Feña had too many u.e in the last set ... Good luck today! :bounce:

enqvistfan
02-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Congrats for yesterday's match and good luck for tonight :bounce:

olimpo
02-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Hope he doesn't make us suffer as much as last night, but as long as he wins it doesn't matter ;)

enqvistfan
02-03-2006, 11:29 PM
http://www.meganoticias.cl/2006/html/0302_1330_gonzalez.php

If you want to see a video of yesterday's match with a short interview of Fernando :)

Fergie
02-04-2006, 02:54 AM
Feña in semis against Nico ... Today won 6-4 6-3 :yeah:

+alonso
02-04-2006, 02:55 AM
Feña won :cool: 6-4 6-3

All Chilean SF !!! :woohoo: I don't care who wins :cool: :D

olimpo
02-04-2006, 03:20 AM
Feña won :cool: 6-4 6-3

All Chilean SF !!! :woohoo: I don't care who wins :cool: :D

Congrats Fernando, well done :banana:

Well Alonso I do care about who wins ;)

But it’s great for you Chilenos that you’ll have one of the 2 guaranteed in the final now :D

And I love Mega as I can watch all matches of Fernando and that makes it worth to get up at 2am for the matches :)

olimpo
02-04-2006, 03:25 AM
http://www.meganoticias.cl/2006/html/0302_1330_gonzalez.php

If you want to see a video of yesterday's match with a short interview of Fernando :)

Thanks for the link Val :D Another great find from you ;)

Fergie
02-04-2006, 03:44 AM
But it’s great for you Chilenos that you’ll have one of the 2 guaranteed in the final now :D
We wanted an all chilean final :p

But will be nice to see one of the boys with the big trophy (I hope :) )

olimpo
02-04-2006, 03:48 AM
We wanted an all chilean final :p

Yes I know ;) but after the draw was made it was impossible and so I think it's great that both made it to the semis :D

FelipeMIA89
02-04-2006, 03:48 AM
VAMOS GONZO! TU PUEDES!

Sparko1030
02-04-2006, 04:35 AM
Yes I know ;) but after the draw was made it was impossible and so I think it's great that both made it to the semis :D

It is the best possible outcome considering the draw. It is driving my crazy though! :silly: :lol: All I can hope is that they both play their best and wish them both good luck! :p

enqvistfan
02-04-2006, 09:59 AM

Congrats Fernando, well done :banana:

Well Alonso I do care about who wins ;)

And I love Mega as I can watch all matches of Fernando and that makes it worth to get up at 2am for the matches :)

Congrats Fernando, I also do care who wins :lol:
But, it's great for Chile :banana:
Last night, I stayed up but for me, the link doesn't work, I try to stay up with the radio, but I fell asleep :zzz:
I'll try again tonight or I'll smash my computer :smash:
I'm sure Fernando will win the tournament :)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Only hope Feña will win. :boxing: Go and kick his ass! :rocker2:

enqvistfan
02-04-2006, 10:30 AM
From lun, here are the last matches of Fernando & Nico, always tough matches, hope it will be a great match, but with a victory for our dear Fernando :)

Fergie
02-04-2006, 11:28 AM
I don't think that Feña will have too many problems to win today, in 2 sets :)

Corinna
02-04-2006, 03:54 PM
:woohoo: go for it gonzo :D

olimpo
02-04-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't think that Feña will have too many problems to win today, in 2 sets :)

I hope you are right ;)

enqvistfan
02-04-2006, 07:30 PM
The most important is that both players play their best tennis. I hope everything will be ok with Fernando, he can win the match. I hope in two sets but I think it will be in 3 :(
Well, it will be tough, and I would have liked to be in Chile to attend to that match :)

VAMOS FERNANDO :bounce: :bounce:

competitiva5
02-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Feña!....the winner.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-04-2006, 08:15 PM
When will their match start boys and girls? :scratch: Maybe I can't cheer for Feña point by point coz I have to sleep soon. :zzz:

olimpo
02-04-2006, 08:27 PM
When will their match start boys and girls? :scratch: Maybe I can't cheer for Feña point by point coz I have to sleep soon. :zzz:

It's at 10 pm Chile time and this means in 4,5 hours. Your are in China, right? So isn't it in the morning for you then at 8 or 9am?

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-04-2006, 08:37 PM
It's at 10 pm Chile time and this means in 4,5 hours. Your are in China, right? So isn't it in the morning for you then at 8 or 9am?
Thanks. :yeah: So I won't be able to follow his match.Good luck to him! :rocker2:

enqvistfan
02-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks. :yeah: So I won't be able to follow his match.Good luck to him! :rocker2:

Just stay up like us Radicalgirl, it's the week-end :lol:
Dream of a victory for Fernando, good night :zzz:

Fergie
02-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Just stay up like us Radicalgirl, it's the week-end :lol:

Yeah, will be nice if some of us follow the match here :)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Honestly...the schedule is very bad for me today,it's almost 5:00am here. :yawn: OK,I try to wake up. :lol:

enqvistfan
02-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Honestly...the schedule is very bad for me today,it's almost 5:00am here. :yawn: OK,I try to wake up. :lol:

If you go to sleep now, it will be ok ;)
I haven't followed this week cause I had to go to work but this week-end, I decide to make my job of supporter :lol: so I'll stay up until 2am to follow the match !! I won't sleep before because i know that I will never wake up if i sleep.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-04-2006, 09:06 PM
I won't sleep before because i know that I will never wake up if i sleep.

I'm exactly this type too girl. :rolls: At this moment I still haven't felt too sleepy,god I want to sleep for a while first! :zzz:

RogiFan88
02-04-2006, 09:48 PM
It's a tough one: who to cheer for? Whoever wins, I'm happy for but of course I have a special soft spot for FENA, so:

VAMOS, FENA!!

Just hope it's a good match!

+alonso
02-05-2006, 05:25 AM
I'm sorry
I really enjoyed the match and Thanks guys :worship: I'm so proud of you :D

olimpo
02-05-2006, 05:29 AM
:sad:

Fernando :hug: :hug: :hug:

Fergie
02-05-2006, 05:30 AM
Feña has chances to win the match in 2 sets ... But at leats was a great match :)

Sparko1030
02-05-2006, 06:17 AM
:sad:

Fernando :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: Olimpo Sounds like Fena played his heart out. Tough loss. So sorry only one could win.

Love ya Fena!!!! :inlove:

Björki
02-05-2006, 08:30 AM
to bad Fernando lost :sad:

enqvistfan
02-05-2006, 09:56 AM
I listened the match till the end of the second set, with the victory in the tie-break by Nicolas. The atmosphere was unbelievable. As I couldn't get the image :banghead: because of a problem with Quicktime, I decided to go to bed and dream of a victory of Fernando. But, I knew that after the tie-break, it would have become difficult for him to win. Congrats to Nicolas ! Nice win : 3-6 7/6 6/4. Sad for Fernando but he's still our favourite. Great to read that they offer the best show to their crowd. It's the most important. :hug: :hug:

If you have the ATP highlights magazine, don't forget to watch it next week, cause we'll have the summary of Viña. For me, it will be on thursday evening :)

RogiFan88
02-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Poor Fena... I hope his shoulder is OK.

But I'm happy for NICO -- hope he can win his hometown tourney!!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-05-2006, 07:23 PM
I guess his shoulder hasn't totally alright yet.So hope Nico will play better in DC to help him a bit. :cool: And today I'm excited becoz Ivan win in his country first time, :smooch: I hope he will do it next year again! :angel:

Fergie
02-05-2006, 07:26 PM
I don't know if his should was the problem yesterday or not ... But I'm still a bit sad because Feña had his chances to win the match in 2 sets :sad:

enqvistfan
02-05-2006, 07:30 PM
If he had suffered, he wouldn't have played. So, I think his shoulder was ok, he made a lot of mistakes, and Nicolas took advantages and played better on some points. That's life. Fernando will play better in the Davis Cup next week !!

Happy for you Radical :)
Fergie : Have fun tonight :)

enqvistfan
02-05-2006, 07:31 PM
I don't know if his should was the problem yesterday or not ... But I'm still a bit sad because Feña had his chances to win the match in 2 sets :sad:

The problem is that we can't replay the match :hysteric:

Fergie
02-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Fergie : Have fun tonight :)

I guess (as always) Feña needs to learn of these defeats ... He can't lose the control when the match is tough :sad:

enqvistfan
02-05-2006, 07:43 PM

I guess (as always) Feña needs to learn of these defeats ... He can't lose the control when the match is tough :sad:

Hopefully, he needs to learn of these defeats. He's not perfect and unfortunately, he's still very nervous sometimes, and lose control.

I remember I saw one match of him in Roland-Garros against Mayer, and he was terrible. I told to my friends (who didn't know Fernando), to come to see him. Unfortunately, he lost and was out of control :lol:

He has to work on that. If he wants to enter in the top 10, he can't lose his concentration. It won't be forgiven by the other players.

Except that, it's always a pleasure to support him :hug: :hug:

Fergie
02-05-2006, 07:47 PM
I think that it's all that Feña needs to be in top-10 because he has the tennis for that ;)

NicoFan
02-05-2006, 09:03 PM
It was neither his shoulder or his concentration. The match was shown on TV here as taped delay in the middle of the night so I taped it and watched it this afternoon.

I just cut and paste here what I posted on Nico's board as what were my observations of that match:

What a close match. The first set was all Fernando. He was aggressive, and Nico seemed tight. At the beginnning of the second set, Nico started to get aggressive, they were neck and neck like two boxers in a ring just duking it out. But then at the end of the second set, the momentum slightly went to Nico who began to take control, adn then Nico really did take control in the tiebreak. But in the 3rd, that score at 5-1 seems lopsided, but really Nico had to work hard to hold his serve, and had to work hard to break Fernando. Adn then Fernando came back a bit.

Both need to work on some things. There were times that if Nico played any further back, he'd have been in the stands. His backhand - as usual. But he moved well, and I loved that he started to play aggressive. Fernando played excellent - his forehand is just incredible! [Have to add because I forgot it on the post on Nico's board but his power is just amazing - Nico definitely coudln't control it at times]. Fernando just seemed tired in the 3rd set. Still concerned about his never having much of an offseason becuase of Shanghai is affecting his play becuase he's fatigued. And I don't know what he was thinking - he was doing a Guille imitation with the constant drop shots. Unfortunately its not his shot like it is Guille's. Like the commentator said - its working only about 10% of the time. I don't know why he kept doing it.

So again, I don't think its physical except for maybe fatigue - but I don't think the fatigue was what settled the match. They were both very even throughout the entire match except Nico was slightly better at the end.

He'll be fine - and he's going to hardcourts after the DC so he'll be on a surface he prefers - I'm especially excited about Vegas - I think that he can do well there

competitiva5
02-05-2006, 10:01 PM
glup--sin cometarios

Princebaseliner
02-06-2006, 02:12 AM
Too bad for Gonzo. Better luck next tournament.

RogiFan88
02-06-2006, 03:44 AM
So Fena's playing Las Vegas? Interesante!

VAMOS, CHILE en la Copa Davis!!

NicoFan
02-06-2006, 02:43 PM
So Fena's playing Las Vegas? Interesante!

VAMOS, CHILE en la Copa Davis!!

They have his face in all the Vegas advertisements on TV so I'm hoping he's still going! Wish I could go, but alas, only so much money and I'm going to Miami.

RogiFan88
02-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Miami s be good! Hope Fena does well there... how far did he get last year? [I hope he didn't run into you-know-who guy in my avvy!]

NicoFan
02-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Miami s be good! Hope Fena does well there... how far did he get last year? [I hope he didn't run into you-know-who guy in my avvy!]

:lol:

No, he ran into Florian Mayer who seems to have poor Fernando's number. :eek:

I was annoyed because his first match - I think it was Flip - was a walkover. And I wasn't staying that long and didn't see the 2nd match.

All I was able to see Fer at was a practice and a doubles match.

And Nico got injured after we made our plans.

Miami is a great tournament, but I would rather see my chicos than anyone else so it was kind of a bummer.

GonzoFan
02-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Hi everyone! :wavey:

I'm back in Santiago and have many things to share with all of you but now I don't have internet access at home so I don't have time to post but tomorrow I'll try to post some pictures ;)

I miss you all so much !!! :hug: it was so sad to not be able to comment and talk about Feña and the tournament last week ...

RogiFan88
02-07-2006, 10:39 PM
GonzoFan, we missed you too, sweetie! We await your stories! ;)

enqvistfan
02-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Nice to see you back Gonzofan :hug: We missed you a lot :hug:

Sparko1030
02-09-2006, 06:44 AM
Hi everyone! :wavey:

I'm back in Santiago and have many things to share with all of you but now I don't have internet access at home so I don't have time to post but tomorrow I'll try to post some pictures ;)

I miss you all so much !!! :hug: it was so sad to not be able to comment and talk about Feña and the tournament last week ...

:bigwave: Good to see you back here Gonzofan! Hope you had a good time despite Fena's loss. I will look forward to your report/pics from Vina!

GonzoFan
02-09-2006, 07:57 PM
I know we are already thinking about Davis Cup but, as you all know, I was in Viña last week and I went to the tourmanet three days and would like to say some things about my days there.

The first day I went to see the match against Mazarakis. Boring :lol: it was so easy for Feña! I know that's good also. I think even the little kid that played with Feña after the match gave him more problems than Mazarakis :lol: poor guy ... he was a nice guy :D

I couldn't go to Del Potro's match :sad:

On Thursday it was the match with Pashanski. OMG! that guy was so annoying! Feña was so mad! Feña even yelled a VAMOS! after the first point :lol: it was really cool!

Then it was the semifinal against Massu ... long long long match! Feña had totally the control of it but after Massu won that tiebkreak it was all for him ...
I think that I must say that Massu's behaviour was awful during the match but won't talk about that.
I think that despite his loss Gonzo should be so happy after the match cause it was amazing how the whole crowd was with him during the match! everyone standing in their feet, claping and yelling FEÑA! FEÑA! FEÑA! it was such a great atmosphere.
In a moment I kinda felt bad for Nico cause he was playing in his hometown but almost everyone was rooting for Feña so maybe that hurted a bit, I don't know :shrug:
When Gonzo left the court he looked to the crowd and was so thankful at us! he said good bye with his hand and left. It was so touching when they hugged at the net.

I can't post pictures now but I'll do it as soon as I can ;)

Thanks RogiFan, EnqvistFan and Sparko! :hug: I'm happy to be back! :D

I have more things to say about my time in Viña so I'll be telling you in the next days ...

enqvistfan
02-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks for your report GonzoFan :hug:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks,GonzoFan! :yeah: