tommy is a perfect sweetheart [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

tommy is a perfect sweetheart

sapphron
08-03-2002, 10:20 PM
Tommy: "Its good for them to see me in the quarterfinals. I'm sure my father feels a little guilty about me not being able to play lately. That's the kind of guy he is. It's good for him to see me in the quarterfinals. It might help him in his recovery."

i fell in love after a read that.

isn't he beautiful?

Sonic
08-03-2002, 10:22 PM
He's perfect in every way, says unbiased me.

Lily
08-04-2002, 08:17 AM
I just want to say that I've been following Tommy's results for the last year and he has really been impressive. From that win in Stuttgart to that fabulous match with Federer in Australia, I think he has matured a lot. Then when I read his interview from yesterday, that did it. His words were so beautiful I started to cry. Theres only been a couple of guys whose interviews I've read when thats happened (Guga and Roger) So yes, I have to agree, he's very beautiful, in more ways than one.

Heres part of what got me: " ...you know, playing tonight against Pete Sampras-one of the greatest player ever-and to beat him, you know, in such a tight match and play in front of so many people that really enjoy the game of tennis and really cheered him on and I got some support. You know this is what it's all about. You know this is why you play or practice every day at a young age. You know these are moments that you dream about and it's just- you can't ask for more."

Mazza
08-04-2002, 12:14 PM
I just adore Tommy! :hearts: Im sure his Dad is very proud of him and helping him on the road to recovery :)

lurker
08-04-2002, 04:19 PM
I really like this guy too...:drool: :hearts:

I love when he yells at himself during matches...it's really scary if you're sitting anywhere near the court, but exciting at the same time.

Anyway, I hope he keeps up his impressive serving and mental strength through the US Open. It's a title I'm sure he can win this year!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: