Davis Cup Halle 2006 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Davis Cup Halle 2006

<Eve>
01-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Does anyone know when Tommy will play?

Thanks Alexiana for the website with the ticket prices! I can read German but it's so much and I'm not that good at it!

So... when will it be announced on which day Tommy has to play? Or does anyone know it allready?

And can I order tickets eventhough I don't live in Germany?

Thanks!!!

Neely
01-18-2006, 04:39 PM
If the tie goes to five matches, I'm sure Tommy will play his 2nd single match also because there are currently no better alternatives than Haas and Kiefer as players singles.

And I think that it will be most likely that Kühnen stays with the established doubles Haas/Waske also, so Haas will play every day.

The normal schedule of a Davis Cup weekend from Friday to Sunday usually looks like that:
Friday: 2 singles
Saturday: double match
Sunday: 2 singles (it depends on the score if these matches still count, you could see one or two "dead rubbers", if the tie was already decided with 3-0 or 3-1)

There is a drawing ceremony which determines the exact schedule.

Regarding getting tickets if you live outside of Germany, I can't say for sure how it works. But if you can pay by credit card there shouldn't be a problem.

<Eve>
01-18-2006, 04:45 PM
ok great thanks very much!!!
it's good to know there is more than only 1 match per day!
cause i have to travel for 2 hours to see the davis :P

Alexiana
01-18-2006, 04:46 PM
I totally agree with Neely ;)
I wanted to go on Friday to be almost totally sure that Tommy would play, but one person of our group couldn't make it that day, so we decided to go Sunday and really HOPE the tie isn't decided by that time so that there will be a very big chance that Tommy and Kiwi will play and not Rainer. Sorry Rainer, but you really suck at the moment :rolleyes:

Neely
01-18-2006, 05:02 PM
From relaxing factor it would be good if the tie was decided as early as possible ;)

But of course it sucks if you have tickets for Sunday, thinking that you see Haas and Kiefer in competetive matches, and then you get to see Kohlschreiber and Schüttler playing only best-of-three dead rubbers :shrug:

Alexiana
01-18-2006, 05:16 PM
From relaxing factor it would be good if the tie was decided as early as possible ;)

But of course it sucks if you have tickets for Sunday, thinking that you see Haas and Kiefer in competetive matches, and then you get to see Kohlschreiber and Schüttler playing only best-of-three dead rubbers :shrug:

yes, and thats what I really DON'T wanna see ;) So, keep it close and win on Sunday guys. And please lock Rainer and Kohli away, so that Kühnen can't nominate them ;)

But the team can only have 4 players and 3 will obviously be Haas, Kiwi and Waske so at least we are not going to see both Rainer and Kohli.

<Eve>
01-18-2006, 07:44 PM
so if i go on friday it's absolutely sure i will see haas and kiefer!?!?
i think so!!!
i don't know anything about schuttler and kohlschreiber :rolleyes:
just wanna see Haas!! :D:D

Neely
01-18-2006, 08:22 PM
so if i go on friday it's absolutely sure i will see haas and kiefer!?!?
i think so!!!
i don't know anything about schuttler and kohlschreiber :rolleyes:
just wanna see Haas!! :D:D
Really, if we won't see Haas and Kiefer playing singles for Germany on the first day, it would have to do with an injury. I can't think that the team captain would selecte anybody else, unless Gremelmayr or Phau win the Australian Open :lol:

That should really be a sure thing.

And maybe you can ask the ticket hotline or write a mail to them and ask what payment options you have when you are ordering from abroad like the Netherlands. The earlier you do it, the better chances you have.
I have seen on the site of the French Tennis Association that they already had to hand in their ticket orders to the French Federation on 6th January (http://www.fft.fr/news/bonresa_cd06_halle.pdf). But as a private person you still might have enough time to order, I don't think it's already too late.

Kartenvorverkauf:
GERRY WEBER Ticket-Center
Weidenstraße 2
33790 Halle/Westfalen
Tel.: 05201/818-0
Fax: 05201 - 818-199
E-Mail: karten@gerryweber.de

Alexiana
01-18-2006, 08:38 PM
yeah they will surely play on Friday :)

<Eve>
01-18-2006, 10:57 PM
thank you thank you thank you both!!! :D

I will send them a mail tomorrow!! have to go to sleep now,
have to work for the first tome at my new job and i will miss TOMMY's play!! :(:(:(:(:(:(

Jogy
01-18-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm going to Davis Cup, I got the tickets one week ago by postmail :yeah:
I want to see how Tommy beats them all down :devil:

Alexiana
01-19-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm going to Davis Cup, I got the tickets one week ago by postmail :yeah:
I want to see how Tommy beats them all down :devil:

when are you going? :)

Jogy
01-19-2006, 01:25 PM
all three days

01-23-2006, 02:05 PM
All of you are lucky you can see the Davis Cup :) I wish U.S. TV would cover more Davis Cup Matches, but as it is we are lucky if we can see the U.S. Team on TV :mad: :sad: Anyway good luck to Tommy and the German team :cool: