Aus Open Report- Tuesday 17th [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Aus Open Report- Tuesday 17th

esther
01-18-2006, 04:00 AM
Hi sorry we havent been in contact!!!

OK well report from yesterday...I'll probably put this in the Seb thread too.

1) GUILLE: Started the day watching GUILLERMO vs Hancuscu (? ) and it was such an awesome 5-setter!! Guillermo wasnt serving too well but i think if him and Seb both win their second round matches, it'll be such an unbelievably good match!!! It was at the same time as Richard's match and Gael's match which a few other people were at, but they both lost...disapointing. :(

2) ARNAUD/PAULO: Bummed around for a while until Arnaud/Paulo and there isnt much to tell!! It was so boring, Rachael and I left half way through to go Seb hunting (searching the courts for Seb training). Both of them didn't play very well, and none of us were watching properly. I know- Arnaud and Paulo was meant to be the match of the day for us, but it was just really not interesting!!! It was so funny though, every time PAULO hits a ball, he yells 'allez'...EVERY TIME...so funny!!!

Richard, Eric Deblicker, Camille (we dont want to start any rumours, but Prazz saw a prominent stomach BUMP.....possible pregancy?!!! Dont quote me on that), Guy Forget and Remi were all there, sitting pretty close to us.

One of our friends took some photos i think so they'll be posted eventually. Arnaud was in all white with a PINK bandana for the start and then changed into all GREEn with a LIGHT BLUE bandana for the rest of the match. Paulo came over to our side at the end of the match and signed heaps of autographs etc. We tried to get photos of him with us but he ran off before we had the chance.

3) SEB: Rachael (and husband) and I (and boyfriend) didnt have Rod Laver tickets so we watched the start of SEB VS PHILIPPOUSIS on the big screen, which is in a garden area outside Rod Laver Arena. We kept seeing all these people leaving the arena and we saw on TV that there were so many spare seats so we decided to go around and try and scab tickets off people and we were successful!!

We got 4 tickets by the middle of the second set and it was really exciting!! We were in the upper section so the seats werent very good, opposite where the players seat. We were so lucky to actually be in the stadium though, because the tickets were $40.... (Why would people pay $40 just to watch TWO night matches? I dont understand)

Seb played really well- SIX UNFORCED ERRORS in the whole match. Impressive, no???? Mark did us all a favour and played really badly too. He must have gotten really depressed because at every break, there were streams of people leaving the stadium to go home. It was funny though :p I think he will have to play at his best to beat Guillermo....

Marine
01-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Thank you Esther. :worship:
I'm not surprised by the quality of the match, they never play well each other, and Arnaud wasn't happy at all of his match (itw).

It was so funny though, every time PAULO hits a ball, he yells 'allez'...EVERY TIME...so funny!!!

I don't like when he yells like that, it makes me nervous. He makes me think to Hewiit :o

Richard, Eric Deblicker, Camille (we dont want to start any rumours, but Prazz saw a prominent stomach BUMP.....possible pregancy?!!! Dont quote me on that), Guy Forget and Remi were all there, sitting pretty close to us.

So she's been pregnant for 1/2 years... every year the same rumor, but no, I don't think she would play if she was pregnant !
She's quite fit but she always have this small potbelly. It's like that.

chicky841
01-18-2006, 11:27 AM
Thnx for the report. Ya ppl are always sayin that she is pregnant. lol I think thatd b funny to hear paulo yelling allez everytime. If I had been that close to Richard I would of been freakin out. And Guy Forget too, who I really like. Quick question isnt Camille gonna play Serena in her next match?

Marine
01-18-2006, 11:33 AM
She played, she lost 6/3 6/1.

Via
01-18-2006, 10:21 PM
thanks for the report esther..... no i don't think arnaud was that great to watch when he must have played like crap in that match... but for me like watching him would have been enough! when he only shows up once a year. he will never bore me :hearts:

yes seb looked really good i saw him beat mark on tv, but that's mainly because mark very kindly made him look so good! :lol: and that was THREE unforced errors from seb, the presenters repeated it all night.

i can understand the pregnancy suspicion as i asked the same question last year lol but you gotta see it, it looks like a 3 months baby bump! at least. i had to carefully select her photos for my gallery so as not to show it. apart from that she's an attractive girl ;) (have to add this!)

esther
01-19-2006, 08:03 AM
re: Seb's match- I swore it was 6 unforced errors...thats what the scoreboard said!! Anyways.

Thursday Report!
This is really all Seb related but no one is in that forum these days so....

SEB:
Rachael and I saw Seb practising at 11am (I missed some of Guille's match for it!) and Rachael talked to Seb's American coach! SHe asked him to sign something but he goes 'oh no i dont sign anything...i probably dont even know who i am!! You'll look back on the autograph later are be like...who is that?!!!' Lol but we're making contacts...hahah

THen we went to his match later in the day...it was SOOOOO hot!! There were quite a few French fans there (counted 5 flags including ours) and he had a lot of support which was good to see!!! It was SOOOOOOOOO hot...it felt like it was 40 degrees out there, so i hope it didnt take too much out of Seb.

He played well.... serving well and returning well but he's not doing anything too special...but then again maybe its because he hasnt been challenged yet.

I saw the first two sets of Guillermo's match, and although Guille is making heaps and heaps more unforced errors than Seb and isnt serving as well....i have a feeling that Guillle may be able to beat Seb. I dont know why but i just think that Guille is playing better although hes had a lot more court time. We'll see....it will be the best match, im really looking forward to it!!!

We got some photos so they will be posted eventually....

Via
01-19-2006, 09:04 PM
lol arnaud fans should gladly read the seb reports... but would be even better if they practise together!!!

i now have a camille pic being signed by arnaud... that's another idiotic autograph lol

from what i've observed, getting acquainted with coaches would only get you so far... usually not worth the effort! knowing the family might be slightly more useful. but i know that isn't easy in seb's case ;)

Marine
01-19-2006, 09:07 PM
i now have a camille pic being signed by arnaud... that's another idiotic autograph lol

:confused: lol

Via
01-20-2006, 05:36 AM
i asked someone to ask arnaud to sign on a camille photo... coz they didn't know how to find/wouldn't recognise camille anyway! but arnaud didn't seem to mind it one way or another, he was in a hurry to leave anyway.

chicky841
01-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Dont mind the report on Seb. i think most ppl here are fans of him anyway. I look forward to readin the nxt report

esther
01-21-2006, 07:16 AM
Not much of a report for today- just saw Guille vs Seb then left because it was reaching 41 degrees!!!!

marine doesnt think Seb played that well, but i thought he was awesome!!! 46 winners!!! If he keeps this form up, he should make it to the semis!

Marine
01-21-2006, 12:19 PM
marine doesnt think Seb played that well, but i thought he was awesome!!! 46 winners!!!

In fact I started to watch from the last game of the second set. I think he played very very well, especially in forehand !! Amazing shots !!!!!! I was "wowwww" but after he played less better. And I thought seb had won the 2 first sets because Coria served like a crap !!!!
Well, his last game of serve was very good, with a ace.

The journalists all say he's very in form and motived this year. (read the article in seb's thread). ;)

esther
01-22-2006, 07:54 AM
yeah hes all happy at the moment. I wonder why....