Sunday order of play [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Sunday order of play

nitsansh
10-25-2003, 09:53 PM
PROGRAMM F?R SONNTAG, 26.10.2003
Center Court
12.00 Doubles Final M. Knowles / D. Nestor gegen L. Arnold / M. Hood
14.30 Singles Final Guillermo Coria gegen David Nalbandian

The broadcast on Eurosport is at 15.30... is it really live??

Mrs. B
10-26-2003, 10:52 AM
Vamos, Argentinos!!!! :bounce:

Love
10-26-2003, 12:49 PM
Is the final best 2 out of 3, or best 3 out of 5? Thanks!

Deboogle!.
10-26-2003, 01:16 PM
I think it's best 3 out of 5

Scotso
10-26-2003, 04:35 PM
Congrats Guillermo, you deserve the title :)

Mrs. B
10-26-2003, 05:19 PM
Too bad for Nalby pulling out because of an injury... :(

Hope the public was entertained with the JC Sherrer exhibition match against Guille, but for sure it's not the same...

Ma. Estefania
10-26-2003, 05:24 PM
Definitely it isn't the same.... :sad: Poor David.

But congrats to Guille. :)

zephyr_uk
10-26-2003, 11:15 PM
dissapointing not to have had the final after a good week in basle......on to paris this week :0)

Doris Loeffel
10-27-2003, 05:51 PM
Just in case someone might be interrested
Then to the singles finals
O.K. can't give you guys much of a report as unfortunately there wasn't a real final. As you all might know by now Nalby couldn't play as he had his old wrist problems again (thanks to A-Rod's serve;) ) For the first time I felt sorry for the guy as he got booed when the announcement was made first that the final couldn't be played - and he really didn't deserve this!!! (But I believe the booing came more from frustration over the fact that there was no final than the fact he was injured - and also ppl were a little annoyed that they had to wait for an other hr till the showmatch started. But knowing that the directors only new about 50 mins before the match started that Nalby won't be able to play they did a great job!!) Best thing would have been Roger playing and he would have been avayable too as he was there but he wanted to protect his back - which is pretty much understandable. So they came up with Jean-Claude Scherrer which was a good solution afterall. O.K. his preperation might not have been the best and he didn't play as good as he did against A-Rod especially his bh didn't work all that good anymore. Still it was an entertaining match with quite a few of nice rallies and amacing shots. Coria won the "final" 6:1 6:4 sure the public was all behind (well almost all ;) ) JCS and I really believe this was the best deal after Roger they could have made. (There were other players on the wish list like Roddick, Noah, Becker but none of them could help out.)