**Cheering for the only AMERICAN left thread! Good luck Andy!** [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

**Cheering for the only AMERICAN left thread! Good luck Andy!**

tangerine_dream
01-13-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm going to do something different this year and start a general thread for all of the American players. :banana: Why? Well, thanks to the other guys finally gettting their acts together, slams are not (and should not) be all about Andy and Andre anymore. Now we've actually got some other viable candidates this year in the form of James, Robby, and Taylor. :cool: Plus, many of us who post in one USA player's folder tend to post in the other player's forums, so yeah. Now we can all party in this one thread. :D Whee! :bounce:

AMERICANS IN DRAW
Roddick, Andy rank: 3
Ginepri, Robby rank: 16
Blake, James rank: 24
Dent, Taylor rank: 30
Goldstein, Paul rank: 67
Spadea, Vincent rank: 76
Reynolds, Bobby rank: 95
Kim, Kevin rank: 102
Gimelstob, Justin rank: 105

WILD CARDS
Delic, Amer

QUALIFIERS
FLEISHMAN, Zack
BOGOMOLOV JR., Alex

AMERICANS OUT :awww:
Agassi, Andre rank: 7

Deboogle!.
01-13-2006, 07:33 PM
gimelstob isn't an Alternate anymore, he's actually in the draw :)

Too bad a lot of the Americans are all on top of each other in the 4th quarter :(

Good luck to (most of) them!

Deboogle!.
01-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Hopefully some of those qualifiers will get to move up into the main draw too :D

LOL Yea, I guess :lol:

cobalt60
01-13-2006, 07:39 PM
:woohoo: This is great! Thanks. Good luck to them all!!!!!

cedez
01-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Too bad a lot of the Americans are all on top of each other in the 4th quarter :(

QUOTE]

Yes, it does look like they are all clustered together. But maybe that means one of them will likely make it all the way through...

Golfnduck
01-14-2006, 01:25 AM
GO USA!!! :bigclap:
Obviously, my favorite to win is Andy, but I'd love to see James win it too.

superpinkone37
01-14-2006, 02:42 AM
vinnay! :banana:

El Legenda
01-14-2006, 05:22 AM
alright Americans you can do it :yeah:

Fee
01-14-2006, 08:26 AM
Go Justin! Go Zack! Go Amer! :banana:

Tricky_Forehand
01-14-2006, 08:44 AM
I was surprised to see Fleishman get through when I was flipping around "patiently" waiting for Qualifiers to finish and be placed.

Although I do like Robby...my support is for one person and one person only among those named for this thread :)

Silawen
01-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Amer and Andy all the way. Good luck! ^^

ae wowww
01-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Great idea, GO BOYS! :D

MissMoJo
01-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Go James!

Deboogle!.
01-14-2006, 04:16 PM
tangy, you could update the list now that the qualifying is completed

FLEISHMAN, Zack
BOGOMOLOV JR., Alex

Are the only two who qualified....

Go USA :D

Deboogle!.
01-14-2006, 04:31 PM
:yeah:

I feel like this is one of the strongest mens fields we've had in a while. Which is why it makes me :mad: that so many of them are bunched together

ClaycourtaZzZz.
01-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Go Robby:yeah: And the others too!:bounce:

coreyschucky
01-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Good Luck Andy, Robby, James, Kevin, Zack, Amer, Alex, Justin, Bobby and Paul!!!!

hamilton877
01-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Tennis Seven Twenty Four says 2006 WILL be Mr. Harkleroad year!!. So far so good :yeah:. Will face Gonzo for the first round in the Australian Open, Gonzo is coming from being upset in New Zealand, Defending Champion Gonzalez was Stunned In Auckland, Fifth-seeded Croat Mario Ancic upset top-seeded and defending champion Fernando Gonzalez of Chile in straight sets during Thursday's quarterfinal action at the $430,000 Heineken Open -- a final Australian Open tune-up. if Gonzo is misfiring, out of target, Mr Harkleroad will win. My pick Mr Harkleroad in straight sets. :rolls:

Deboogle!.
01-14-2006, 07:55 PM
A good day for the USA :woohoo::D http://img2.menstennisforums.com/745/flag.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/745/flag.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/745/flag.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/745/flag.gif

FelipeMIA89
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Gonzo had a small injury in his shoulder that day.. too bad for Gonzo... he will come fresh for the AO.. Don't put him down so easy..

OddJob
01-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Good Luck To: :)

Andy
Alex
Taylor
Robby
Amer
and the others as well ;)

tangerine_dream
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
FIRST ROUND OPPONENTS
Andy Roddick vs Michael Lammer
Taylor Dent vs Guillermo Garcia-Lopez
Justin Gimelstob vs Marcos Baghdatis
Paul Goldstein vs Novak Djokovic
Zack Fleishman vs Dick Norman
Amer Delic vs Potito Starace
Kevin Kim vs Harel Levy
Alex Bogomolov Jr. vs Fernando Gonzalez
Vincent Spadea vs Fabrice Santoro
James Blake vs Jose Acasuso
Bobby Reynolds vs Tomas Berdych
Robby Ginepri vs Jurgen Melzer

Let's see here, Roddick vs Lammer. Roddick wins. Next.
Dent vs. Garcia-Lopez. Well, I am still annoyed that Garcia-Lopez actually has a forum here and the Magician Fabrice Santoro does not so I hope Fat Taylor wipes the floor with GGL 6-0 6-4 6-1. http://67.19.129.138/mtf/images/icons/icon10.gif
Gimelstob vs Baghdatis and Spadea vs Santoro are two of the more intriguing first round match-ups. Unfortunately for me, Gimelstob and Spadea are two of my least favorite American players and I love the charismatic Baghdatis and Santoro so I am going to be a traitor to my country and root for the other side to win. :eek: I hope Danielle won't hate me for going against her husband. :awww:
Goldstein vs Djokovic. The Djokovic fanclub won't save him from the Goldstein Express. ;)
Fleishman vs Norman. Zack! Upset! Upset! Upset! ;)
Delic vs Starace. This will be Mary Carillo's favorite match. :o
Kim vs Levy. May the best man win! I know absolutely nothing about these two players. :lol:
Bogomolov Jr. vs Gonzalez. Poor Alex! What a lousy first round player for him. Very tough opponent, good luck to him.
Blake vs Acasuso. Some people seem to be talking up Acasuso's chances, but against Blake? No way. Blake in four.
Reynolds vs Berdych. Like Alex, Reynolds couldn't have pulled a more dangerous first round opponent. Berdych gives me angina. :scared:
Ginepri vs Melzer. Melzer is tricky but I fully expect the G-Man to rise to the occassion and deliver a straight set victory. :banana:

Good luck boys! :bounce:

PaulieM
01-15-2006, 11:05 PM
good luck james and taylor!! :D

Fee
01-15-2006, 11:17 PM
You're picking against my Justin?!?!?! Oh tangy, I'll remember that one... :sad: :sad: :sad:

{not really, I know this is a toughie for a few people, but no one is allowed to beat Justin in my personal tennis universe, except Jan-Mike} :D

idolwatcher1
01-16-2006, 02:50 AM
Robby wins in straight sets to start off the young Americans... let's hope the rest do the same! :bounce:

guida
01-16-2006, 03:29 AM
He just sailed through. Looks to be in great shape! :)

idolwatcher1
01-16-2006, 06:34 AM
Taylor! :sad:

superpinkone37
01-16-2006, 06:35 AM
Did Taylor really lose a lot of weight? Or was it the hair cut?

idolwatcher1
01-16-2006, 06:36 AM
He looked slimmer to me...

OddJob
01-16-2006, 06:38 AM
A bad bad day for Taylor.

superpinkone37
01-16-2006, 06:38 AM
No, he did lose some weight. You could tell by his jawline. But I think he shed a few pounds with the haircut as well. He looked pretty good...his tennis just sucked.

idolwatcher1
01-16-2006, 08:28 AM
yay for James!! :bounce: I was worried it might go to five... :scared:

Deboogle!.
01-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Did Taylor really lose a lot of weight? Or was it the hair cut?:lol:

As I said on MSN, he looked thinner last night than he did at Hopman Cup. Maybe it was the shirt. Very disappointing from him, regardless :(

Dent out, Reynolds out, Vinny out (sorry Danielle), Gimelstob..... they're dropping fast :(

tangerine_dream
01-16-2006, 06:47 PM
FIRST ROUND RESULTS
Andy Roddick def Michael Lammer 6-4 6-2 6-2
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez def Taylor Dent 7-6 (7-4), 6-3, 7-6 (7-4)
Marcos Baghdatis def Justin Gimelstob 7-6 (8-6), 7-5, 6-0
Fabrice Santoro def Vincent Spadea 3-6, 6-0, 6-2, 6-3
James Blake def Jose Acasuso 6-2, 6-3, 4-6, 7-6 (7-4)
Robby Ginepri def Jurgen Melzer 6-1 6-4 6-2
Tomas Berdych def Bobby Reynolds 7-5, 6-3, 6-7 (2-7), 6-1

STILL TO COME
Paul Goldstein vs Novak Djokovic
Zack Fleishman vs Dick Norman
Amer Delic vs Potito Starace
Kevin Kim vs Harel Levy
Alex Bogomolov Jr. vs Fernando Gonzalez

Biggest disappointment was Taylor Dent. :sad: A horrible way to start the new year, made even worse because he was looking great: new haircut, lost weight, even his Addidas outfit was rocking, but GGL was too good. Blah. The only ones who sailed through were Andy and Robby. Kudos to Bobby Reynolds for giving Tomas a fight in the TB at least.

Sir Vinny's trip to the top ten got delayed a bit. Heh. :)

superpinkone37
01-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Sir Vinny's trip to the top ten got delayed a bit. Heh. :):bigcry:

idolwatcher1
01-17-2006, 12:59 AM
Go Andy!! :bounce:

This is the first slam since the 2004 AO where James, Robby, and Andy each made it past the first round! :cool:

Fee
01-17-2006, 03:23 AM
Zack is going to a 5th set with Dick Norman!!!!

And Goldie beat Djokovic!

Deboogle!.
01-17-2006, 03:56 AM
Zack lost :( almost had an amazing comeback.

But YAY PAUL!

OddJob
01-17-2006, 04:59 AM
Great win for Goldy today.

Deboogle!.
01-17-2006, 06:04 AM
Kevin Kim also won :D

idolwatcher1
01-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Alex won!!! :woohoo:

What a five-setter that was!

OddJob
01-17-2006, 10:08 AM
That was such an up and down match. Great win for Bogie!!!!!!!! :bounce:

idolwatcher1
01-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Delic won too! which was quite delicious!

OddJob
01-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Delic won too! which was quite delicious!

Very much so. Good day for the American boys.

Hola Mr. SK
01-17-2006, 10:25 AM
wow,what a day for Americans!
Paul Goldstein USA def. Novak Djokovic SCG 6-2 1-6 6-3 6-2
Amer Delic USA def. Potito Starace ITA 7-5 6-7(3) 6-3 3-6 6-3
Kevin Kim USA def. Harel Levy ISR 6-4 6-4 6-0
Alex Bogomolov Jr.USA def. Fernando Gonzalez CHI (9) 4-6 7-6(6) 6-3 6-7(3) 7-5
Dick Norman BEL def. Zack Fleishman USA 6-4 7-6(6) 5-7 0-6 6-3

only Zack lost a 5-set match!!
together with James,Robby,Andy, you have 7 guys compete there in 2nd round!
Congrats and good luck to them!:yeah:

tangerine_dream
01-17-2006, 04:08 PM
FIRST ROUND RESULTS
Alex Bogomolov Jr. def. Fernando Gonzalez (9), 4-6, 7-6 (8-6), 6-3, 6-7 (3-7), 7-5
Dick Norman def. Zack Fleishman, 6-4, 7-6 (8-6), 5-7, 0-6, 6-3
Kevin Kim def. Harel Levy, 6-4, 6-4, 6-0
Amer Delic def. Potito Starace, 7-5, 6-7 (3-7), 6-3, 3-6, 6-3
Paul Goldstein def. Novak Djokovic, 6-2, 1-6, 6-3, 6-2

Wow! Impressive wins for Alex, Amer, Kevin, and Paul. Well done, boys! :woohoo: Alex especially floored me with that result. :eek: I really thought he was a goner.

SECOND ROUND MATCHES TO COME
Wesley Moodie (RSA) vs. Andy Roddick (USA)
Jean-Christophe Faurel (FRA) vs. James Blake (USA)
Robby Ginepri (USA) vs. Denis Gremelmayr (GER)

Good luck Andy, Robby, and James :banana:

Deboogle!.
01-17-2006, 06:12 PM
gooooooooooooooooo Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

hamilton877
01-18-2006, 01:25 AM
Bogomolov needed 4 hours, 5 minutes to stun the free- swinging Gonzalez. :yeah:
...When was the last time a husband-wife team like :bowdown: Alex Bogomolov-Ashley Harkleroad Bogomolova :bowdown: made the second round of a Slam?... :woohoo: :cool: :hatoff:

sprem
01-18-2006, 02:56 AM
Bogomolov needed 4 hours, 5 minutes to stun the free- swinging Gonzalez. :yeah:
...When was the last time a husband-wife team like :bowdown: Alex Bogomolov-Ashley Harkleroad Bogomolova :bowdown: made the second round of a Slam?... :woohoo: :cool: :hatoff:
:wavey: Gonzo, expected an easy win playing a 202 ranked player :bigclap: , but after losing told the Chilean press, serving is his game, if it had served just 60% he will win. Due to a shoulder injury did not practice for five days :( . About the problems with Bogomolov, he celebrated every point like it was his last, and in one occasion over celebrated, brought it to his attention :boxing: :armed: , as they argue the referee surpervisor had to come in to settled, in the heat of the match you say many things :mad: :timebomb: , but later it goes away. Blamed his shoulder for the loss, :sad: otherwise Bogomolov doesn't win. When asked if he would like revenge, not likely, Bogomolov in 2005 played challengers all year long. :lol:

Fee
01-18-2006, 04:03 AM
gee, with a post like that, in this particular thread, it's no wonder you have a string of red dots under your name. Gonzo lost, and apparently behaved poorly doing it, he can make all the excuses he likes, but he's out of a slam in the first round. Bye.

January 17, 2006 latimes.com

U.S. Players Renew Hopes in Australia
Opportunities start turning up for Goldstein, Harkleroad and Fleishman, all of whom come away with first-round victories. {um, well... poor headline writing job there}

By Lisa Dillman, Times Staff Writer

MELBOURNE, Australia — Escapism, thy name is Australian Open.

If you want to forget your problems, well, the long trip works for tourists, and racket-toting tennis players are no better example. After all, there's no long losing streak to defend.

Call it reinvention or rebuilding. There are plenty of stories behind the scenes here at the Australian Open, away from the TV cameras. Even among the American contingent, three emerged in the opening days — Paul Goldstein, Ashley Harkleroad and Zack Fleishman.

First, there was the veteran, Goldstein. He had a rough spell, briefly circulating his resume and pondering his tennis future but finished 2005 ranked 68th. It was the first time he had been in the top 100 since 2000. Today, Goldstein won his first match at the Australian Open, beating highly touted youngster, Novak Djokovic of Serbia, 6-2, 1-6, 6-3, 6-2.

The raucous atmosphere apparently brought out some inappropriate behavior among the crowd. Goldstein, who will play Tommy Haas of Germany in the second round, said someone shouted at him during the third set. He had never heard this particular insult.

"While I'm serving, I'm hearing a little Osama bin Laden stuff," Goldstein said. "I didn't say one word to them. American friends were standing right next to them and at one point, 'Why don't you shut up?' So they got into it."

Melbourne was the scene of one of Goldstein's biggest grand-slam moments. In 1999, he qualified and upset Greg Rusedski. His more recent claim to fame came last year for winning his 26th USTA pro circuit title.

"I said I guess I feel a little bit like Crash Davis," he said. "That was my reaction. It's not your goal. No one sets out to be the best circuit player ever, no one sets out to be the best minor-leaguer. It's bittersweet. Today was sweet."

Qualifier Zack Fleishman of Playa del Rey, who was ranked in the 600s about 10 months ago because of injuries, went through the gamut of emotions during his five-set, first-round loss against veteran Dick Norman of Belgium. This was the first grand-slam appearance after having tried to qualify eight other times.

Fleishman, drained from the long haul of qualifying, suffered from cramps and had to abandon his usual service motion after the second set and still nearly won, going up a service break, leading 2-0 in the fifth against the tall lefthander. Norman rallied to take the marathon, winning, 6-4, 7-6 (6), 5-7, 0-6, 6-3, in 3 hours 31 minutes.

"I've never experienced so many emotions in one tennis match ever," said Fleishman, who played one season at UCLA. "I've never been so pumped up, never been so frustrated, never been so happy playing on a court, so excited. It was just the ultimate high and low out there."

Harkleroad, once ranked as high as No. 39, shares some similarities to Fleishman. She too had to qualify for the tournament and had taken off nine months, mostly because of injuries and returned last year, hitting the minors, traveling to obscure events with her father in Italy and enduring one 22-hour train ride.

"That was not like a first-class train, a cattle car," said Harkleroad, who will play Maria Sharapova of Russia Wednesday in the second round. "I'm telling you, that put me out for three days. It was almost like backpacking through Europe.

"They didn't know who I was there. I wasn't expecting anyone to know who I was there. We were just making our way there. It gave me a really good perspective on life and the hardships that you're trying to get through."

Harkleroad was once coached by Joe Giuliano, who was banned for life by the WTA tour for his involvement in an incident at La Costa in the summer with Russian player Evgenia Linetskaya, according to a report in the New York Times. Harkleroad was pleased by the WTA's move regarding Giuliano.

"It's a very positive thing he won't be coming around," she said in an interview with two American reporters. "He just got some issues that I think he probably needs to work out."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-tennis17jan17,1,5447538.story?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=1&cset=true

hamilton877
01-18-2006, 06:24 AM
gee, with a post like that, in this particular thread, it's no wonder you have a string of red dots under your name. Gonzo lost, and apparently behaved poorly doing it, he can make all the excuses he likes, but he's out of a slam in the first round. Bye.

January 17, 2006 latimes.com

U.S. Players Renew Hopes in Australia
Opportunities start turning up for Goldstein, Harkleroad and Fleishman, all of whom come away with first-round victories. {um, well... poor headline writing job there}

By Lisa Dillman, Times Staff Writer

MELBOURNE, Australia — Escapism, thy name is Australian Open.

If you want to forget your problems, well, the long trip works for tourists, and racket-toting tennis players are no better example. After all, there's no long losing streak to defend.

Call it reinvention or rebuilding. There are plenty of stories behind the scenes here at the Australian Open, away from the TV cameras. Even among the American contingent, three emerged in the opening days — Paul Goldstein, Ashley Harkleroad and Zack Fleishman.

First, there was the veteran, Goldstein. He had a rough spell, briefly circulating his resume and pondering his tennis future but finished 2005 ranked 68th. It was the first time he had been in the top 100 since 2000. Today, Goldstein won his first match at the Australian Open, beating highly touted youngster, Novak Djokovic of Serbia, 6-2, 1-6, 6-3, 6-2.

The raucous atmosphere apparently brought out some inappropriate behavior among the crowd. Goldstein, who will play Tommy Haas of Germany in the second round, said someone shouted at him during the third set. He had never heard this particular insult.

"While I'm serving, I'm hearing a little Osama bin Laden stuff," Goldstein said. "I didn't say one word to them. American friends were standing right next to them and at one point, 'Why don't you shut up?' So they got into it."

Melbourne was the scene of one of Goldstein's biggest grand-slam moments. In 1999, he qualified and upset Greg Rusedski. His more recent claim to fame came last year for winning his 26th USTA pro circuit title.

"I said I guess I feel a little bit like Crash Davis," he said. "That was my reaction. It's not your goal. No one sets out to be the best circuit player ever, no one sets out to be the best minor-leaguer. It's bittersweet. Today was sweet."

Qualifier Zack Fleishman of Playa del Rey, who was ranked in the 600s about 10 months ago because of injuries, went through the gamut of emotions during his five-set, first-round loss against veteran Dick Norman of Belgium. This was the first grand-slam appearance after having tried to qualify eight other times.

Fleishman, drained from the long haul of qualifying, suffered from cramps and had to abandon his usual service motion after the second set and still nearly won, going up a service break, leading 2-0 in the fifth against the tall lefthander. Norman rallied to take the marathon, winning, 6-4, 7-6 (6), 5-7, 0-6, 6-3, in 3 hours 31 minutes.

"I've never experienced so many emotions in one tennis match ever," said Fleishman, who played one season at UCLA. "I've never been so pumped up, never been so frustrated, never been so happy playing on a court, so excited. It was just the ultimate high and low out there."

Harkleroad, once ranked as high as No. 39, shares some similarities to Fleishman. She too had to qualify for the tournament and had taken off nine months, mostly because of injuries and returned last year, hitting the minors, traveling to obscure events with her father in Italy and enduring one 22-hour train ride.

"That was not like a first-class train, a cattle car," said Harkleroad, who will play Maria Sharapova of Russia Wednesday in the second round. "I'm telling you, that put me out for three days. It was almost like backpacking through Europe.

"They didn't know who I was there. I wasn't expecting anyone to know who I was there. We were just making our way there. It gave me a really good perspective on life and the hardships that you're trying to get through."

Harkleroad was once coached by Joe Giuliano, who was banned for life by the WTA tour for his involvement in an incident at La Costa in the summer with Russian player Evgenia Linetskaya, according to a report in the New York Times. Harkleroad was pleased by the WTA's move regarding Giuliano.

"It's a very positive thing he won't be coming around," she said in an interview with two American reporters. "He just got some issues that I think he probably needs to work out."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-tennis17jan17,1,5447538.story?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=1&cset=true
Sprem buddy, Fee got you there, i looked at all your posts and i don't get it why do you have a string of red dots? :lol:

sprem
01-18-2006, 06:41 AM
'So much time away from the tournaments, you really understand how bad you want to play and how much you can enjoy being out there. This is what I live for, for the moment.' Ashley Harkleroad.

superpinkone37
01-18-2006, 06:44 AM
I know this thread is supposed to be for cheering on the Americans, but Gonzo... :sad:

sprem
01-18-2006, 06:45 AM
Sprem buddy, Fee got you there, i looked at all your posts and i don't get it why do you have a string of red dots? :lol: Do not know, something to do with Tennis 724.

tangerine_dream
01-18-2006, 04:46 PM
ROUND TWO RESULTS
Andy Roddick (2) def. Wesley Moodie, 7-5, 6-3, 6-2
Denis Gremelmayr def. Robby Ginepri (13), 2-6, 5-7, 6-4, 6-3, 6-3
James Blake (20) def. Jean-Christophe Faurel, 2-6, 6-1, 6-4, 6-3

Oh Robby, our Blobby! What the hell happened? :bigcry: You had a brilliant first round start then you had to follow it up with this? First time in your career to blow a two set lead! :banghead: Get your head together.

ROUND TWO STILL TO COME
Paul Goldstein (USA) vs. Tommy Haas (GER)
Kevin Kim (USA) vs. Nikolay Davydenko (RUS)
Nathan Healey (AUS) vs. Amer Delic (USA)
Alex Bogomolov Jr. (USA) vs. Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA)

:banana:

FelipeMIA89
01-18-2006, 06:51 PM
American Alex Bogomolov was fined $4,500 for verbal abuse and obscene language in the match against Chilean Fernando Gonzalez....

idolwatcher1
01-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Happy to see James and Andy getting that much closer!! :D Robby and Bobby will play their doubles match today... :lol: they are playing an Australian pair... no big hopes there :unsure:

superpinkone37
01-19-2006, 12:01 AM
I only saw part of what ESPN2 showed of how Alex and Fernando were fighting or whatever, but it seemed to me that Alex was more at fault. However, I didn't see all that happened, plus I really like Gonzo, and I think Alex is obnoxious...so maybe I'm biased. ;) But, Alex won fair and square no matter what happened. So yeah.

Deboogle!.
01-19-2006, 02:44 AM
I got the feeling that the fines had more to do with what was actually said than the fact that there was arguing going on....

OddJob
01-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Bad day for the boys Amer, Kim, Goldy and Bogie all out. Come on James and Andy!

idolwatcher1
01-20-2006, 12:58 AM
So I saw the ESPN clip of the Bogie/Fena fight and it does look like it was Alex who mouthed off first. I don't know much about Alex other than Brad Gilbert has a crush on him. :lol: A good win over Fena but disappointing that he lost to Paul-Henri. Amer Delic put up a good fight too but he had the whole crowd against him. :sad:

Can we adopt Tommy Haas as an honorary American? He's been living in the US forever anyway. :lol: I can't believe the Federer-like numbers he's been putting up lately. Bagel, breadstick...a complete breakfast. Wow. :eek:

THIRD ROUND MATCHES TO COME
Andy Roddick vs. Julien Benneteau
Tommy Robredo vs. James Blake

James Blake says this is the first time he's felt like an actual contender for a slam title. Awesome. :cool: Every success starts with the head. Good luck to James and Andy tonight! :banana:
:lol: Tangy, I've already kinda adopted him as one... And since I've been to Germany also, I feel like, what they hey? :shrug: Did anyone see Tommy's Tennis Channel episode where the cameras followed him, and he went to Hooters, etc? I forget where he was training... Florida? or some place like that... Anyway, good luck to the two last Americans left, Andy and James! (and Tommy too) :)

idolwatcher1
01-20-2006, 03:39 AM
Andy!! :woohoo:

Deboogle!.
01-20-2006, 03:15 PM
James :sad:

Guess you gotta change it to the Andy cheering thread, Tangy :p

partygirl
01-20-2006, 04:47 PM
its always up to just andy...
-but he's a big no talent jerk. :worship:

OddJob
01-21-2006, 02:57 AM
Come on Andy beat Baggy!

AAleksander
01-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Come on Andy beat Baggy!

Andy'll get through; BUT then Ljubicic? Why God why? LOL And even then (because I think Andy's getting through Lubby), I see Robredo coming through, and he's playing the best tennis of his career, I think. I think Robredo comes through against Nalbandian and then against Ferrer, but those will be super-long matches. Andy will come out against Lubby in 4 tie breaks (I'm predicting much drama between them). I think Robredo comes through to the semi and he'll be wayyy exhausted (actually, anyone who comes through in that section is going to be severely depleted); so Andy's through to the final against Guess Who? I hope so, and I hope Andy keeps playing the way he has been to make that final a classic!

Gigan
01-22-2006, 07:19 PM
take it easy Andy,
you could win that match
and you will do it in the next meeting... :wavey: