How many games will Roger take off David in an eventual final? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How many games will Roger take off David in an eventual final?

Love
10-22-2003, 08:36 PM
Assuming that they both reach the final...

Lindsayfan
10-22-2003, 08:44 PM
rogi will take his revenge in his hometown! ;)

Lady
10-22-2003, 09:11 PM
It was funny to see peter Lungren watching nalbandian playing today!!! ;)
They're trying to find a solution to David's game

Deboogle!.
10-22-2003, 09:18 PM
If David makes it to the final he will make it tough for sure, b/c it means he got through Clement, and probably Henman and Roddick too.

but Roger is gonna want to get a win in on him and what a better place than his hometown. Roger can't get many points at all so he'll just go out there without anything to lose. Will be an interesting one for sure, if it happens (which well, I hope it doesn't.....)

TennisLurker
10-22-2003, 10:36 PM
I think that it will be very hard for David to beat henman roddick, and I think Federer could lose to Coria, I dont think David and Roger will meet this week.

J. Corwin
10-22-2003, 10:53 PM
They probably won't meet. If they do meet however, look for a 6-0 record for Nalby.

Ma. Estefania
10-22-2003, 10:57 PM
Though I find it hard the fact they could meet....I guess that if they do, it will be definitely a tough match, then I picked the 1st option, but I know David will prevail once again. :)

jtipson
10-22-2003, 10:58 PM
How about 18 games?

Ma. Estefania
10-22-2003, 11:02 PM
Only if the sets finish in tiebreaks....

Roland
10-22-2003, 11:41 PM
Federer will beat Nalbandian eventually and if they meet I think that Federer would have his best chance here because it's indoors, home crowd, and just back from injury Nalbandian. Federer should rip through just about anyone in his sided of the draw, while nalbandian would be lucky to make it to the final.

Deboogle!.
10-23-2003, 12:59 AM
We'll see how David is tomorrow when he plays a tougher opponent in Clement. Then I think we'll know better how his "comeback" is.

Love
10-23-2003, 03:21 AM
Federer will beat Nalbandian eventually.

:haha:

heya
10-23-2003, 04:58 AM
hee hee, he'll be lucky this time

WyverN
10-23-2003, 05:51 AM
Federer is better then Nalbandian.
Their head to head proves nothing. Eventually Federer will crack the Nalbandian nut, most likely this year if they meet.

There are head to head records like this everywhere and they dont prove much
e.g

Federer vs Roddick (4-1)
Nalbandian vs Federer (5-0)
Roddick vs Nalbandian (3-0)

rogicomel
10-23-2003, 06:44 AM
I don't think Nalbandian will make it to the final but if this really happens, I believe Rogi will avenge and change those stats.

Ma. Estefania
10-23-2003, 03:59 PM
We'll see how David is tomorrow when he plays a tougher opponent in Clement. Then I think we'll know better how his "comeback" is.

Well, unfortunately we won't see how's David's level yet, he went easily to the quarters because Clement retired due some injury.....the french wasn't the same as always, then David got almost no fight at this match. :o

Next match will be the key. :angel:

Deboogle!.
10-23-2003, 04:13 PM
Yep unfortunately not.....but assuming Henman wins, he seems like in a fighting spirit right now so hopefully we'll finally see lol

*Ljubica*
10-23-2003, 08:42 PM
As Roger is currently losing to Ivan Ljubicic I doubt we'll ever find out :) I think playing at home puts too much strain on Roger, just like Henman at Wimbledon, - sometimes crowd expectation can be a bad thing not a good thing, especially if you have a quieter personality like Roger.

star
10-23-2003, 11:54 PM
Roger has trouble winning at home. That's the way it is for some people. Eventually, he will win the tournament, I am sure.

Deboogle!.
10-24-2003, 12:02 AM
It's so interesting to see how some players thrive off the home pressure and some can't deal with it.

Love
10-24-2003, 12:33 AM
As Roger is currently losing to Ivan Ljubicic I doubt we'll ever find out :) I think playing at home puts too much strain on Roger, just like Henman at Wimbledon, - sometimes crowd expectation can be a bad thing not a good thing, especially if you have a quieter personality like Roger.

Like Henman at Wimbledon???

IMO, Henman overacheives at Wimbledon. It actually helps him to play in front of his home crowd and that's why he always goes far at Wimbledon. Look at his other slam results, he simply sucks. The reason why he can't go all the way at Wimbledon is because even though it brings the best out of him, when he meets players like Sampras or Hewitt or whoever, then he loses because he simply doesn't have their talent. It has nothing to do with mental and everything to do with talent.

In Federer's case, he's probably the most talented out of all the players but he simply can't pull it off together mentally in front of his crowd. With Henman, it's basically a lack of talent compared to some of the top players, but he definitely plays his best at Wimbledon.

J. Corwin
10-24-2003, 09:33 AM
Yup..and so they won't be meeting in the finals, as predicted.